Cisco Jabber

(2,232)

Empower employees to work together efficiently from anywhere by bringing together presence, instant messaging (IM), audio, video and web conferencing, enterprise voice, and visual voicemail into one client on your desktop.

Work for Cisco Jabber?

Jabber review by User in Hospital & Health Care
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Jabber
Jabber review by Kim C.
Kim C.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Jabber review by Hiteshi P.
Hiteshi P.

"light weight messaging tool"

What do you like best?

Its a simple to utilize and seure application. Coordination with different devices is quite smooth. Enables me to alter the various things according to my need. Like I can set custom status just as can make contact groups for snappy access.

Enables me to alert notification when a concerned individual winds up online on Jabber.

Enables us to do discussion progressively just as we can share our machine screen with other client.

We can do discussion in groups and various members can join the groups so this highlights causes us to talk about the questions with numerous people groups at same time.

Adjusting with MS Outlook is consistent

password protected.

can capture and send screen shots.

What do you dislike?

we can't send screen shots in groups.except that everything is fine for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i highly recommended this software for conversation in organisation.it fast and easy to use

it is pretty fast and communication to other employee is very easy

Jabber review by Vaani G.
Vaani G.

"Jabber - Instant messaging and screen share application"

What do you like best?

Its an easy to use application. Jabber's UI is pretty much cool. Integration with outlook is pretty much simple.

Jabber allows us to do real time conversation with colleagues. Group chat window allows us to do discussion with multiple people.

Jabber allows me to cutomize my status and reformating of incoming messages like text font, size, color etc. When "Do Not Disturb" is on then settings of different alert sounds can be changed to mute.

I can easily send and accept screen share inviation with other users.

Allows me to check users profile and contact details of others like email address, desk phone number etc.

Its calendar shows my already scheduled meetings breakdown details so i can quickly check the same.

Audio call and videoconferencing sound quality is good enough.

What do you dislike?

So far i did not find any critical issue. Jabber is heading in right direction for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Efficient tool for real time communication.

This application is widely used in our organization. Using Jabber we have improved the communication process with internal employees and clients. Easily able to do question answer with my colleagues. Reduced the time to get answer of any questions over jabber because now we just need to ping the user instead of wiriting a long email.

Jabber review by Kirtika M.
Kirtika M.

"Efficient and light weight tool for messaging and screen share"

What do you like best?

Its an easy to use and secure application. Integration with other tools is pretty smooth. Allows me to customize the different things as per my need. Like i can set user defined status as well as can create contact groups for quick access.

Allows me to set a alert notification when a concerned person becomes online on Jabber.

Allows us to do conversation in real time as well as we can share our machine screen with other user.

We can do conversation in groups and a number of participants can join the group so this features helps us to discuss the queries with multiple peoples at sametime.

Keeps my chat history so i can check this later on, as well as i can clear it also.

Syncing with MS Outlook is seamless

What do you dislike?

Recently identified i can not send a screen shot to a user when s/he is offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i recommends for this. Great tool for real time messaging.

Improved the response time of Q&A. Easily and quickly able to send the message to the concerned user.

Screen share plays a great role during trouble shooting.

Jabber review by Eduardo V.
Eduardo V.

"The softphone with the mostess"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use that Cisco Jabber provides is what makes it the best. Being simple to use doen't mean it doesn't have the features you need most. Almost all the features you have on a deskphone you will find in Cisco Jabber. That makes it a powerful tool you can have both in your laptop, mobile phone or notebook. Considering the administration aspects, it works perfectly with the enterprise environment. For those who are used to Call Manager, you'll find out how easy is to manage Jabber users on the platform.

What do you dislike?

It took some time for Cisco to realize how importante is Cisco Jabber for the community and forgot to keep the update pace on the tool. And, during that time, the application saw some stagnation in features and specially in user interface. So, since last year, the team is investing a lot of time to keep up with the modern interface design and at the same time, updating the product to support recent communication technologies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is a great product, but don't forget to use also a great headset hardware. It's very important to maintain the quality of the whole solution.

Basically, it allow us to have a single reach point for our users who travel a lot. They can have both deskphone and softphone with the same number. Also, for places where we don't need to have a deskphone, we can deploy Jabber and offer them a full enterprise level phone. In summary: we can offer a seamless experience inside or outside the company and also, we can same money implementing just a softphone solution for roaming users.

Jabber review by Anshul S.
Anshul S.

"Best communication tool"

What do you like best?

Its a lightweight application. Its sending and integration with IP Phone and Microsoft Outlook is consistent. This application works fine in different languages. Utilizing Jabber we are effectively and rapidly ready to do the constant informing/calling with customers and association representatives. Additionally we can do group talk effectively with number of members.

This device holds old visit information and enables me to return this discussion later.

Its screen share is magnificent and I can without much of a stretch see other client's screen.

It indicates current status of client like Available, Away, Offline,Do not disturb and so forth. Just as I can set custom status moreover. When i'm bringing over IP telephone or offering my screen to some other client then status changes automatically to call

Generally speaking this fill my heart with joy task simple.

What do you dislike?

it is very useful. I don't have anything to dislike about jabber

Recommendations to others considering the product

best application for communication in software industary. the thing I like the most is screen share(by this you can help some one in code or set-up something etc.)

communication between employees is very easy in organization.so as a employee I found very useful to me for any issue you don't need to send email, just message or call through jabber.

Jabber review by Bishal D.
Bishal D.

"Best messaging tool for organisation"

What do you like best?

It provide best way to communicate with other employees. best feature of jabber is you can share your screen easily on both mac and windows operating systems.in this application you can create groups chats as well.it is password protected and easy to use.

-you can set your current status like (Available ,busy, away etc.)

-you can take screen shot directly from jabber and share.

-Android version is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

This is another component our organization has taken off so as of now, there is nothing that I don't care for about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best application for those organisation in which employee interact with one to another most of time

Cisco jabber offers our organization with a discussion application that inward clients can use to speak with one another. We furthermore use jabber as our telephone machine, and our customers can achieve our workers by means of calling their jabber phone numbers

Jabber review by Vinay K.
Vinay K.

"Reliable and efficient tool for chat and screen share"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and lightweight tool. Launches quickly and works well on different operating systems. Its secure as i can use it after my credentials authentication else not.

Integration and customization is pretty much smooth. This automatically syncs with outlook's scheduled meetings. I can customize my status, groups etc. as per my need.

Using jabber's group chat it allows me to begin conversation with number of participants and we can do discussion on our agenda. This helped us to take right decision with multiple people at same page.

Its screen sharing is awesome - just a single click away to start this. Gives me an opportunity to look at other user screen's and this makes my trouble shooting, data review etc. tasks easy.

Allows me to check employee's details like cell number, IP phone number, e-mail address etc.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike about this application. Its just awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A decent tool for conversation with organization employee and clients. Worth of use and its very user friendly. Perfect solution go for it.

Streamlined communication process with internal employees as well as with clients.

Able to perform chat conversation, screen sharing etc.

Increased the productivity and quick responses.

Jabber review by Jitendar K.
Jitendar K.

"Reliable and convenient comunication application. "

What do you like best?

Its a lightweight application. Its deployment and integration with IP Phone and Microsoft Outlook is seamless. This tool works fine in multiple languages. Using Jabber we are easily and quickly able to do the real time messaging / calling with clients and organization employees. Also we can do group chat easily with number of participants.

This tool retains old chat data and allows me to check back this conversation later.

Its screen share is awesome and i can easily see other user's system screen.

It shows current status of user like Available / Away / Offline etc. As well as i can set custom status also. When i'm calling over IP phone or sharing my screen with any other user then status changes automatically On a Call / Persenting.

Overall this make my day task easy.

What do you dislike?

So far so good only one minor thing noticed when message receiver is offline then i can not send a snap shot to this user. Except that its awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An efficient solution for instant messaging, screen share etc. Its very easy to use.

Streamlined our communication process. Save time during queries and reduced communication delay.

Jabber review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Makes communication within the office seamless"

What do you like best?

I love that Cisco Jabber functions as an addition to our phone system. I can send messages to colleagues, easily search for people within my school district, and communicate with more than one person at a time. It also allows me to answer the phone on my computer when I'm not at my desk. This is an incredible feature as sometimes I take my computer to a meeting and need to be near my phone for an important call.

What do you dislike?

When you close a group chat, you leave the group chat. I wish there was a way to make a permanent group so multiple colleagues and I could always have it up and ready to go, but not front and center in our screen. If this was an option, I would definitely use it a lot more!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot - if you can integrate it into your office, it will definitely make communicating between people faster, smoother, and all in all a much better experience. I would recommend that it be integrated on a wide scale and everyone in your company use it to make the best out of it.

Cisco is integral to the communication between my colleagues and I in the office. It helps us easily send instant messages as well as makes it easy for me to know everyones extension just by typing in their name. It is beautifully integrated into our school district and I couldn't function without it.

Jabber review by Sreenath T.
Sreenath T.

"Jabber experience "

What do you like best?

Best way to communicate IM and call with co-workers via jabber. Easy way to share the screen on both windows and MAC machines and also integrated with Webex. Easy to edit our profile and also users profile.

Easy to Turn On or Turn Off Single Number Reach Destinations from phone control menu. Schedule meetings from Cisco Jabber. Easy to share documents and easy to share executable files by changing the excitable file name. Easy to take screenshot on Jabber without using snipping tool. Great application to use on medium and high range organisations.

What do you dislike?

Jabber crashes when we click between conversations.

Calls cannot connect when they are in presenting or do not disturb again we need to change to status as available or away.

Screen share bit slow on MAC machines need to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber is user friendly application and easy of use.

We are using Cisco Jabber to resolve technical issues for customer mainly by using calling feature.

Very useful for internal communication.

Jabber review by Cody G.
Cody G.

"Jabber is Great"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is a far better communication tool then its outdated competitors like Skype. I think that Jabber is forward thinking and has an easily understandable interface that allows for quick and easy integration into a companies dynamic. I believe that it allows for members of a company to gain a further understanding of each others roles and duties. this program can only keep getting better, I highly recommend this form of a communication tool to be used by many other companies.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the program like many has its flaws. one could be that it can be annoying to not have integrated keyboard shortcuts that would allow the user the ability to have the program expand acronized words (i.e. terms such as LOL, Laugh out Loud).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously think that Cisco Jabber is an effective program that allow for large companies to have the ability to communicate globally with ease. I think that the use of instant message is so prevalent now a days so this program is totally moving in the right direction and its great.

The program allows for vast communication within an instant. this is important because it can be faster then waiting on an email from a colleague who is located in a different time zone. With big companies growing it is important for them to keep moving forward and have the effectiveness of an instant messaging system it allows for said company to have the ability to have a more efficient running company.

Jabber review by Jordin B.
Jordin B.

"jabber review"

What do you like best?

group chat function, popup notifications, availability options. It is extremely helpful to see when people are available, away, on a call, in a meeting, or presenting. If you are waiting on a reply from someone you can see where they are. You can also use this to determine if it is an appropriate time to call someone. It is also nice to have the group chat function for both social and work purposes.

What do you dislike?

sometimes have issues with sound device for calls. Does not consistently go through headphones or phone. I use headphones with my computer and also have a desk phone. When i receiva a call while using my headphones, the phone will ring. I pick up the desk phone to talk to whoever is calling. They can hear me, but I cannot hear them. It seems like it may be working through both the phone and the headphones which is a difficulty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

set default audio device when first setting up jabber

communication lags, can ask quick questions, less formal talk with coworkers. The instant communication with coworkers is a major help. We have multiple offices throughout the country, and we are often working with people in different offices. If a question arises while in the middle of a project it is nice to send a quick message and get a quick response. This leads to less lag time and improved efficiency for the work day.

Jabber review by Kugan K.
Kugan K.

"Very good mobile app for monitoring day to day official activities"

What do you like best?

It is a very good mobile application, for official meetings, attend calls, and several type of communications. In this busy world, this application is great support for office environment to keep connect with all the employees around the world. And it is a helpful application for the multi national company, like us. By this application, we never miss any training programs, meetings, and other office related activities.

What do you dislike?

It is almost good application for monitor all kind of official events. Even though, we still have a fear regarding data hacking. Because, there are ways to steal the mobile data. Time to time, it is taking backup. That time, sometimes, the old history has been erased. It bit disadvantage in this mobile application. And also, there are some virus guard is removing the events on the calendar entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If any one considering to the working environment, make more sense, they can choose this application without any doubt. And, it is available in play store. So, you can, easily download from that, and use. And it is not hard to learn. Very ease to use. So, any one can easily understand and implement in their organization. Almost this will be a good supportive application for the business make successful.

It almost good way to monitor the working environment in a palm. So, it is string working environment, and giving the wonderful communication between the colleagues. it is making more friendly moment within the organization.

Jabber review by Molly L.
Molly L.

"Great way to stay connected with co-workers"

What do you like best?

This is so much better than emailing co-workers, and it's really nice to not have to remember everyone's phone numbers but just find their name. I also like that it keeps a list of my most recent chats at the top. When I work remotely it also keeps my phone number thru my computer so its easy for me to call clients and not worry about them getting my personal number, or looking unprofessional by using my personal number.

What do you dislike?

I hate that when I pick up my phone the jabber takes up the whole screen, I am normally looking at a number on my screen and then the jabber window opens up and I cant see the rest of the number. just an annoyance. It stays at the top of my screen and when I want to hover near it comes open and so I need to move it around a lot. I wish it would maybe go to the side of the screen instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a pretty great platform for chatting. it saves previous chats even when you exit.

I can see when people call and they don't leave a message. I can reach out to someone that I need an answer from right away instead of just letting the question sit in their inbox. When I go remote I can still call clients. I can do group chats and that is very helpful so its not just a bunch of CC emails.

Jabber review by Sukesh  N.
Sukesh N.

"Good app for chat,audio calling,video calling in a professional enviornment"

What do you like best?

Go with Jabber is a great option.

Small, simple and easy interface for instantly messaging in one in the work hour.

Desktop sharing is another cool feature I use it when get stuck somewhere.

Easy to create group and message them.

Password protected.

I can set my status as per need like Available,Away or Do not disturb etc.

Its very easy to use.

Using Jabber we can do audio and video call to team members

What do you dislike?

I dont have much to dislike about it but I feel the video quality can me much better. Large number of texts cant be pasted as half of the text gets trimmed

As I work in a IT industry,I use Jabber to communicate with my client users,we create group and chat whenever required. We initiate video call and audio call.This software connects people globally for free which is the best part.5*'s for this app.

Jabber review by Damini H.
Damini H.

"Great application for chat and screen sharing."

What do you like best?

I like its real time text functionality as i can do question answer with my colleagues. Screen share is amazing -

using this i can see my team mate box screen or i can show them mine as per the need. Its linked with outlook so i can get detail about schduled meeting also. As well as i can get know anyone status easily like who is available, away, do not disturb or presenting etc. Next to this its group chat is great feature using this its very easy to comunicate with number of participants on a single platform at a time. I can view the profile of user just by selecting an employee name from the list.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike only one thing i noticed i can not set alert notification to get know when someone goes Away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application go for it.

Using this tool for conversation with company employees as well as with clients. Improved the rate of response and queries answer quickly. With the help of screen share improved the issue review nicely as not all my colleagues don't have production system access so i can easily show prodiction system data to them by sharing my screen. Overall its a great tool and shortening the distances between my overseas team members and clients.

Jabber review by Surender B.
Surender B.

"Best communication tool for video audio and text messaging"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber allows us to start instant text message, voice messages and screen sharing over one to one or with a peer connected group. We can check visibility status of peer connection by simply using search text option. Voice messaging sound quality is the best and never feels like we are on less bandwidth network.

What do you dislike?

System speed got quite slow during screen sharing otherwise its too good and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can save save the chat history too and it made communication with peer network too easy and handy. We can check availability of peer network and contact easily over text video conferencing.

We mostly use it for screen sharing over conference call and sending chat messages. Its best feature is that it provide the toast notification too when someone wants to contact us within peer connected network.

Jabber review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Wonderful Tool"

What do you like best?

Jabber is a quick way to see if a fellow employee is available. If so, I am able to send a message and get a response right away instead of waiting on an email. We can do group jabber's of subjects that get the answers efficiently and move on. It also can be set up to work with your phone / headset so that you can answer the phone or place a call through Jabber. If connected to your phone system, you can see Recent Calls, who a Voice Message was received from (or listen if set up) and view your calendar. The possibility to set up groups of employees such as HR, Payroll, Accounting, etc can be set up so you find your contact easily.

What do you dislike?

I have not figured out exactly how to have the timing so that sometimes it shows me in a meeting when I am available. This is a minor problem as most of us send the Jabber anyway to see if we get a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well within an organization to keep everyone up to date on who is in and also who is unavailable due to tasks such as someone being the phone, in a WebEx, Away from desk, out of office and other custom tabs they can set.

One problem solved is I do not have to leave my desk to deliver a quick message or "call" it out verbally to someone close to me. It keeps the info in a place where only the person I am in contact with is aware of the content.

Jabber review by Nirmesh K.
Nirmesh K.

"Jabber - Great tool for instant messaging and screen share"

What do you like best?

I like most its screen share and chat functionalities. I can share and view my team members systems screen so quickly. Its group chat feature is also great as we easily use to discuss our work related things with concerened person in a common window. Next to this contact customize functionality allows me to create new group so i can easily configures the different team members into specific group. I can can set my status as per need like Available or Do not disturb etc. This auto alerts me when i set to some one on Alert when available. Its very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much but it gives a pop-up of new message arival even my current status is In a meeting or do no disturb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good application for chat and screen share and a must tool for official purpose. Go with Jabber is a great option.

With the help of Jabber's chat and screen share features we saved a lot of time to discuss and understand the issue of our team memebrs even they are in a different continent. It keeps my outlook meeting detail in the Mettings section. This is preety helpful to get answered of a question from my team mates.

Jabber review by Ashleigh J.
Ashleigh J.

"Extremely Useful"

What do you like best?

Jabber is awesome for connecting with co-workers without disrupting people in surrounding cubicles. Sometimes an email is just a little too much, and Jabber is great for casual chatting. I use it all the time - and I wish more people in my office utilized it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike; I think it's something specific to my company, but I wish I could put a profile photo in my account.

Apart from that, sometimes it has trouble connecting to my phone and that's hard to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage coworkers to use it.

Try the chat feature with multiple people for a mini meeting

The benefits are minimal disruption to people around me.

There are coworkers that shout over cubicle walls, and it's very distracting.

I wish they used Jabber the way I do.

Easy communication with someone when you don't really need an email.

Jabber review by Angela B.
Angela B.

"Great Way to Collaborate with Colleagues "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to look up contact information, able to staff and contact others quickly and efficiently. I like that it is easy to access, easy to use and I can update my current status if I am not available. I also like that I can leave others notes and messages if they are away and they will be able to retrieve the note or message when they return to their desk. For my specific job this tool is helpful because we are all busy and dont always have the time to call each other and talk about an issue, so this is a way to be on the phone with members and staff a case with a supervisor. I also like this better than email because it is in live-time. Meaning my co-workers will immediately know when I send them a message.

What do you dislike?

Would like more features, would also like for conversations to be kept longer. When I log off and long back on all convos are wiped clean. More options for

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very helpful tool to use in the office. This tool is also beneficial for those that work remotely and need to connect with their co-workers in the office setting. It is father than using email, and allows you to multitask, by being on the phone, and able to chat with another individual at the same time.

I am able to contact coworkers quickly to answer or ask questions

Jabber review by christina w.
christina w.

"Cisco Jabber - Best for Internal Communication"

What do you like best?

Jabber adjusts extremely well to organizations that need to keep up a persistent and prompt line of communication with the end goal to enhance the execution of the association through successful communication. Jabber adjusts exceptionally well for communication among staff, since it gives the devices of work the utilization of works in the field. Jabber does not adjust exceptionally well to inventive and imaginative organizations with an innovative reason.

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber is somewhat perplexing to execute appropriately in your condition. The bigger the communication bunch the more entangled it can move toward becoming. There are likewise some extra highlights like determined visit that require additional assets like an independent database for persevering talk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is incredible as a texting stage and a snappy method to impart between associates. I urge my associates to utilize it to manage little things or issues to evade copy and superfluous email trades. I likewise welcome the stage for creating individual connections in the workplace in a casual way.

Jabber organizes the organization's activities to accomplish a more decisive line of communication. Jabber gives our association better communication systems, also quick reaction times. Our association figured out how to essentially diminish reaction times, permitting issues, occurrences, challenges, and potential and advancement of ventures to be tended to quickly. This change in communication time has enabled us to enhance our lists of gainfulness, lessen costs, and advancement our business forms.

Jabber review by Whitney W.
Whitney W.

"Jabber is wonderful"

What do you like best?

I love that if you do not sit right next to someone, you can "Jabber" them if you have a quick question. No reason to waste time walking over. It might sound lazy but it really is a time savor. It also is able to show busy/free/in a meeting, etc. Very helpful. I can also message someone quickly that I am going to come over for a quick meeting.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could have group chats with those from your company. That would be helpful for when you are trying to solve a problem and multiple people need to be involved but you don't want to send an email and bog everyone down with that. The other thing is, if you are in "Do not Disturb", I wish there was an option to have a chat not pop up in case you are giving a presentation or something like that. It would also be great if it could talk to Microsoft Outlook or other email applications so that emails also would not pop up on your screen while presenting. If this is an option now, I do not know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will learn it the best by just using it. If there are trainings on details that you might miss, that would be helpful but otherwise it is very easy to understand.

Being able to get a question answered extremely quickly. If it needs to be a drive-by, you can quickly see if someone is at their desk. Getting questions solved quickly is really important in every day business because the more time you save, the more you have for other tasks.

Jabber review by Ry N.
Ry N.

"Clunky, Dated Software"

What do you like best?

The chat features of Jabber are decent. However, managing Cisco Jabber from an administrative standpoint is a nightmare. Our Cisco Phone System (which controls Jabber) is extremely complicated and hard to manage. I cannot confidently recommend it to anyone. Though, we are running an older version, so maybe it has gotten better.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely hard to manage Cisco Jabber from an administrative standpoint. We use the phone system features, as well as the chat features. It's nice that we are able to integrate it without solutions that we use, such as Microsoft Active Directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on implementing Cisco Jabber, higher a consultant to configure the system for you and save yourself some headache. It may be worth having another consultant company manage your Cisco Jabber System as well.

Cisco Jabber provides our company with a communication program that internal users can use to communicate with eachother. We also use Jabber as our phone system, and our clients are able to reach our employees by calling their Jabber phone numbers.

Jabber review by Alexandra I.
Alexandra I.

"User-friendly, but not as technologically advanced."

What do you like best?

The aesthetic of Cisco Jabber is crisp and bright. The sidebar icon layout is useful, and I enjoy that it connects with my phone system. I can view missed calls and voicemails via Cisco Jabber.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add contacts to your favorites. I cannot add a contact by searching in the search bar of my main screen. I need to open up a chat with another contact and search through THAT secondary search bar. From my experience over the last year, there is nothing spectacular that sets Cisco Jabber apart from other similar products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple chat product, Jabber meets your requirements.

Cisco Jabber allows me to easily communicate with my peers. I've been able to communicate with them efficiently once they've been added to my favorites. I do not use Jabber for any video conferencing or other need. It has strictly been to communicate quickly with other employees.

Jabber review by Cody F.
Cody F.

"Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber allows me to quickly chat and call my co-workers. It's a resource that helps me quickly access phone numbers and emails.

What do you dislike?

The only negative with Jabber is when you answer a call or dial a number the Cisco application is brought to the front of the screen. It's frustrating when you are calling someone and it goes to their voicemail and you are typing on your computer, it automatically assumes you are typing for the purpose of the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resource to your company and will allow the members of your organization to connect with others more efficiently and effectively.

I'm able to use share screen and video to quickly connect with people in other locations of our business. I'm in a corporate role and help/train others off-site and it allows us to be more connected.

Jabber review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Simple, straight forward instant messaging software"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use. The best part is that it keeps all prior conversation history inside each chat window. Even after you have closed it out. That's great if you accidentally close a window before reading a message. Which has happened with other IM software that doesn't keep a record of your prior conversations with a person.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like about this product. Simple, straight forward messaging product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for keeping track of conversation history. I've used other messaging software that doesn't not track/keep conversation history. From a historical data perspective, It is a great alternative in-lieu of sending emails back and forth just to maintain a conversation history ...which takes up storage space on servers.

Easy to share files, screen shots, and communicate quickly without a phone call or writing an email. Increases productivity all around.

Jabber review by abhilasha r.
abhilasha r.

"Being a Cisco engineer, I had a pretty great experience with this software."

What do you like best?

You can ping any person of your company world wide.

Can share documents.

Pretty easy user interface. You can make your chat interesting by emojis and different font colors.

Take screenshot directly from the Jabber and share.

You can sync your case notifications with it. So, next time whenever a new case is coming you will get a ping.

Can install in your phone as well.

Set up calendar invites.

What do you dislike?

You cannot great a group anymore.

You cannot share the doc file with Jabber.

Can copy and paste only around 23 lines at a time to share.

If you are running it in phone and PC simultaneously, it can change your Jabber status randomly.

I am a Cisco engineer so I need to talk every other engineer or manager world wide. Jabber helps me a lot in that.

I have set up a case notification also in it. So, whenever I get a priority case or network down case, i come to know immediately.

Jabber review by Vishnu G.
Vishnu G.

"Cisco Jabber - Corporate Connect"

What do you like best?

We use Cisco jabber for corporate presence, instant messaging, chat, voice and video call

Simple and easy user interface to connect with co-workers.

desktop sharing feature is good.

We can create groups and chat.

Can set our status as per need like Available,Away or Do not disturb etc.

What do you dislike?

No much dislike is about to discuss.We are facing some issues with voice messages only

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Jabber to others as this is one of the best app to get in touch with our colleagues in the office premise

We use Cisco jabber to connect people in the organization.

No need to memories contacts.

availability also we can check.

we used for Screen sharing also.

Jabber review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Reliable instant message between coworkers"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber offers a truly instant and simple platform for sending instant messages between employees at an organization. There are desktop and mobile versions off the app which work smoothly together. It integrates with the entire Cisco Unified Communications system, as well as Windows Active Directory, making deployment simple and smooth.

What do you dislike?

One drawback, that isn't particularly obvious when you use the software, is that offline messages are simply undeliverable, without any indication. One might assume that a message will be available once a user comes online, but in reality they need to be online in the first place to receive any messages. Adding users to Jabber is also not particularly intuitive... there is no central "directory" so for our organization, we rely on an XML file which must be manually updated in order to "import" users after a Jabber install is completed. Ideally, Jabber would pull from a directory once installed, eliminating the need to use the XML file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber can help your employees easily communicate with each other. It is quick and reliable, something that is important these days when everyone expects fast answers to their questions.

Cisco Jabber allows us to easily communicate between each other, regardless of where employees are located. Remotely by smartphone or sitting at a desk, Jabber allows for quick easy messaging. Like any other Cisco offering, it offers excellent reliability, unmatched security and is very easy to use.

Jabber review by Kyle C.
Kyle C.

"Great Tool for working remote"

What do you like best?

Chat client is much smaller than Microsoft teams and is well integrated within Outlook. I think that it is easy to search for people within your network to talk with them and also make calls from the platform.

What do you dislike?

It reminds me a little too much like AOL's Instant Messenger. It could really use an update on the look. We also have had problems utilizing the phone integration with the chat tool. I wish that we could get it to work like it's supposed to because the phone tool can be used across platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Jabber is great because you can connect and screen share with other employees as well as clients. One of the things that I like more about WebEx is the ease of use.

Connecting with remote employees and having meetings is what really helps us stay on top of projects as well as things going around in the office. Great way to have conversations, show PowerPoint presentations, and work in teams. We are not always in the office so this client helps us in our virtual office feel.

Jabber review by Ashish M.
Ashish M.

"Connect to Client with ease"

What do you like best?

The Android App version of Cisco Jabber is too easy and handy to use. I am using this app to connect to client meeting daily. It is so simple just dial in any meeting or personal number and it will make a call using your phone data

What do you dislike?

I am facing one issue in this app as my call is getting disconnected after every some 15 minutes, I am still figuring out the issue for this. Rest all works well in this App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This you can use for connecting to different meetings, whether solo or in the group. But you can try skype for business as it is widely used in the IT world and will be great to connect with clients.

I am using this app to connect to my client meetings as clients are in Onsite. It can be used for other applications too such as joining a conference call.

Jabber review by Vikash Y.
Vikash Y.

"Awesome application"

What do you like best?

Jabber is top notch utility for the organisation environment. I really like the most its display screen share and chat functionalities. I will share and view my team contributers system screen so speedy. You may make your chat interesting by emojis and unique font colour ing and it is far very simple to apply

What do you dislike?

After using this, one thing i don't care for, it does never again keep long past chats

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best application for it sector

We are continuously having to communicate between one-of-a-kind department in our line of labor, so jabber is a excellent way to invite a query and get a right away respond in a way it really is much less formal and time-eating than normal electronic mail

Jabber review by Weihua Z.
Weihua Z.

"Review for Jabber"

What do you like best?

Could send the instant message to colleagues.

Integrated with webex, calendar and outlook so that can directly open web meeting portal if needed.

Concise UI design.

Integrated with telephone service.

What do you dislike?

The whole software is dependent on Microsoft Visual C++ environments.

And one time there is a problem with the environment settings of my company laptop so the Jabber broke down, no longer be able to see all the messages received and sent on my side. And it took a week for the IT people to fix this, which is a really painful experience for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic features, Cisco Jabber can meet the requirements.

But users should really look into other popular collaboration tools currently, such as Slack and facebook workplace.

Collaboration with team colleagues.

Regular chatting with people.

And for contacting or texting during some emergencies or meeting requests.

Jabber review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go.

One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations. It also allows staff to work remotely and stay connected.

Jabber review by User

"Very handy to communicate with other team members."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to connect with other team members and even sharing the screen which help us to troubleshoot the users issue and through that we can get the access of their screen as well. We can even call as well. Jabber is very handy while having the discussion with users where we can chat and share screenshot as well through it inbuilt feature.

What do you dislike?

I'm using jabber from few years now but i didn't observed any issue with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco jabber is amazing tool which can make your life better. As an IT engineer it is great to have this tool in my system because it gives everything which we required like's of sharing screen, schedule meeting, do audio call, share screenshot with the inbuilt functionality.

Screen sharing, setup meeting, do voice call as well. Jabber is very amazing which help us to fix the users issue through chat options as well.

Jabber review by Sandeep K.
Sandeep K.

"Cisco"

What do you like best?

We use Jabber as part of our Cisco Unified Communications package. Jabber is primarily used for intra-company chat. It is available to all employees and connected to our Active Directory and integrated with Single Sign-on.

Intra-company chat. It is a very competent chat client with many added features like file sharing, screen sharing, status and location updates , and emoji.

What do you dislike?

Telephony connections outside of organization network. Occasionally the connection with our IP telephony system will disconnect when on an external network if you do not have a VPN connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber is part of our official enterprise communication suite, so there really is no other choice for us. With that said, it is a very good tool and better than our previous system. The integration with the Cisco suite is fantastic and really makes it a seamless tool that requires very little thought or training. It's a solid solution for anyone looking for intra-company communication via IM.

Official

Jabber review by Prasad E.
Prasad E.

"Team colloboration is much easier and faster now with Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

With Cisco Jabber we can collaborate anywhere and on any device at ease. Cisco Jabber is an instant messaging service capable of voice and video calls, with even voice messaging, desktop sharing, conferencing, and lots of other options. It bridges the gap between individuals working in a team at different places by collaboration using its services. It improves productivity by the use of real-time presence information and instant messaging to reduce delays. It can not only be used within an organization but also outside of your organization. All you need is a network which connects your peers to the sender. Its pretty fast and secure which is the reason I use it in my day to day activities for sharing information with my peers .

What do you dislike?

Pricing is one factor i can think of, while its competitors like Lync(skype) is available a much cheaper prices, I think pricing can be reduced to attract more business .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I advice businesses o use Cisco jabber because of its versatility and availability of plethora of features to send, store, share and secure information. Also its instant messaging engine is much faster and performance oriented than any other software like Skype .

We utilize it to communicate between members in our project team, It enables quick sharing of information and data between the team members with high level of privacy/encryption, so that our data is secure all the time .

Jabber review by Malcolm S.
Malcolm S.

"It worked ok when we used this system but ultimately went away from it."

What do you like best?

When using jabber I like the different ring tones it had in the system. I like that it had a more modern updated look and was pretty easy to use. I also like the load time in which it took to bring up the application.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that jabber didn't integrate well with our other Cisco applications that we used. We would encounter call drops sometime when using this application. We tried to integrate this application with Finesse and we ended up loosing somethings withing our Finesse system. As a result it wasn't best for our system we had in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering going to this application I would recommend checking that it integrates well with your other systems you plan on using with it. If you are going to use it by itself you may be good to use this product because of how easy it is to use.

We currently are not solving any because we have moved away from using this application. As I stated it was OK when we used it but it wasn't meant for our system.

Jabber review by User in Computer Software

"Works Well but some issues occur often on my APP"

What do you like best?

I love being able to send GIFs to colleagues and the animated emoji's that are included already in the application itself. I also love being able to integrate it with any other cisco products that we use internally. These products include but are not limited to Webex and our phone system.

What do you dislike?

Having to reset jabber almost every single time as this erases all of my conversations with colleagues. Sometimes these conversations need to be revisited but I cannot due to the reset. Additionally, the amount of stored information in conversations begins to erase when you communicate with someone on a daily basis.

Lastly, I would say that having to start a new session when I have been inactive for too long on my computer chat application. I use to be able to leave it logged in and not have to worry about it kicking me out. I do not know if this is something work has added or if it is cisco, but it was not the case 3 years ago when I started.

Easy to communicate with internal teams for any urgent issues or cases we are currently troubleshooting. It connects teams on different floors.

Jabber review by Dorsy D.
Dorsy D.

"Cisco Jabber effective professional communication. "

What do you like best?

What I like most is the links with Outlook, WebEx and Cisco phones work very well, plus you can do practically anything to carry out or start a meeting from the contact window. Automatic status changes when they detect it on the phone, in a meeting, etc. they work very well The software is excellent depending on how it is used. It's amazing how you can conduct face-to-face meetings anywhere else through the web and partner with everyone in the office. The interface is clean and simple and can be made compact when necessary to ensure valuable screen space.

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber should work hard to correct the error of deleting the history and images that are shared in the chat. I'd love them to have a file chat option so we do not delete it. Sometimes screenshots sent in jabber are deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really an excellent professional instant messaging application

At the moment no problem has arisen.

Jabber review by Rohit D.
Rohit D.

"Ease of Connecting Team mates "

What do you like best?

its provides a great user friendly platform to get connected with the team mates and other colleagues we can create a group and all the information can be shared simultaneously between all . we can also personalize the Contact of the other person as per our need .We can add our Email , Phone extension , and our First and last name .In our organization .whenever a new message comes , a notification bar pop outs.To quickly contact some one , a separate small module is created and its always remains on the top of the screen , where we can directly search that person and contact .we can very easily share our Desktop screen with the others and if needed , can directly capture the screen shot from the jabber and send it to the required person.We can share the links , images , emojis over the jabber.We can save the chat in htmk format directly by clicking the save button,jabber can be made in sync with the outlook application and thus update the jabber status accordingly as the schedules, like is user available , or in a meeting or is Away and if needed we can also make personalized status as per our need

What do you dislike?

we can paste multimedia item when we are in group chat

When a jabber saving gets over limited , its throws an exceptional errors , thus making all the chat invisible

Jabber Does notwork , if it is not in sync with the System timing

it some time shows black screen , when we share the screen with the others

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great application from one the renowned Company :Cisco:, i recommend it to you to at least try it once

its a great application and helps a lot to decrease the Communication gap between the team mates , Colleagues and with the Clients

Jabber review by User

"Works like a charm"

What do you like best?

The ability to just chat, video chat, or just audio chat in one location. I use jabber on a daily basis to collaborate with teammates and other teams. The simple layout is makes it easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I always have a hard time finding the way to create a group chat. I have to stumble around for a few minutes or ask someone how to do it. It does become very bothersome after a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing product and well worth your time. If you work with sensitive data, do not save the chat info or send sensitive information over jabber.

we collaborate a lot with jabber. our group usually sends our configs back and forth with it for review. along with that we collaborate with other teams throughout our work day as well. it makes it a lot easier when you can simply throw a file in the window and send a chat.

Jabber review by My N.
My N.

"Your teamates are one click away. Cisco Jabber brings everyone together."

What do you like best?

I like it most because it is so convenient. Everyone is just one click away. communication becomes easier than ever! Imagine that you need to look for someone, travel to meet them, and wait for them when you do not have time and the things you want to ask is not of high importance - that's so troublesome. Most people are too lazy for that. Cisco Jabber solved that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Cisco is that history of old IM will be gone after a period of time :( Cisco is amazing in connecting people but sometimes it helps tremendously if I can go back and read old messages. Please keep the history Cisco Jabber! Sometimes we miss important information in old chat/conversations. Or you can set up an option of keeping histor/deleting old messages, just like imessage or gmail? That would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber will bring team members together! Use Cisco Jabber to boost the efficiency of your co-woker. It is such a worthy purchase for me.

And what about you?

When you co-worker is across the room from you or you guys are in different parts of the building, then in-person communication does not work, especially when you just want to say something short. Facebooking and chatting on phone's softwares are not professional at work at all. And distracting as well! Sending emails about a trivial matter? Time consuming and slow! So the need for a software that allows people to chat professionally and only for people who work together is urgent. That's when CJ comes in handy. My company uses Jabber not only for our location, but also in otherlocations too. So basically I can talk to someone I have never met in a quick and casual, interactive way. Communicating with my co-workers also becomes so convenient. It boosts our productivitybecause we save our time and can aske ach other any question without being afraid of bothering others.

Jabber review by Janelle A.
Janelle A.

"Everyone is Accessible"

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat someone in a different department versus playing phone tag or waiting for them to respond to an email. It is convenient for someone like me who may be taking a phone call, typing notes and or email as well as chatting all at once. It is also convenient for reaching someone who is in office but may be in a meeting or just away from their desk.

What do you dislike?

This is a new feature our company has rolled out so at this time, there isn't anything that I do not like about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for larger companies who interact with each other on a regular basis.

Customer service issues: for example, a customer is expecting a refund, I can chat someone in accounting for an update. Or, a client is calling in for an update and I can chat the last agent who was assisting them for an update and provide feedback in a more timely manner.

Jabber review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"AIM crossed with Slack crossed with Snapchat"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use - Jabber is sort of a no-thrills version of AIM for business.

What do you dislike?

I've had all sorts of weird issues getting Jabber to work when I've moved from one location to another without shutting down my laptop completely. I'm not sure if it's an issue with our remote login or security systems, but it took me a while to figure out that if I move from one wifi to another, I need to manually shut down Jabber to get it to re-connect, which is sort of obnoxious. You also can't look back at old conversations (they are deleted each time you logout), which is extremely frustrating and counter-productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the fact that conversations get deleted each time you logout (so it's not as useful for conversations that you could potentially reference in the future).

Jabber gets the job done, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. We use it for intra-office communications, primarily on days when people were working from home.

Jabber review by Deanna C.
Deanna C.

"Communicate Company Wide"

What do you like best?

The app allows you to easily communicate within your department, externally, and with the company as a whole. I worked for an affiliate of GE and we were able to connect with GE employees as well as our own. Most of GE employees were our customer making it easy to contact them with their SSO alone. Quick instant messaging as well as group settings to make sure your team is on the same page. Desktop sharing also made it easy to show internally what is it you were talking about or if you were having issues and IT wanted to take a look.

What do you dislike?

Headsets sometimes disconnected in the middle of conversations. Also sometimes team member showed that they were not online and at times it was difficult even logging in.

It does not save conversations once you x out or shut down your system. This would be beneficial or at least have an option to save.

Quick and allows for meeting if someone can not be in the office.

Jabber review by User in Financial Services

"Great for Quick Messages w/ Easy Screenshots"

What do you like best?

I use the built-in ability to do quick screen-captures a LOT; many times daily. It is VERY helpful for collaboration; I can show EXACTLY what I'm seeing without needing to do a full screens-sharing session. I also like the ability to select my own font (within reason) and it sticks throughout all chats, as well as the ability to group my contacts into their respective categories (Sales, Finance, etc.) AND especially to rename contacts from the system default ("Robert" becomes "Bob," etc.). The interface with our Cisco phone system is fantastic as well.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing! It's my favorite work-based IM program.

Provides great quick-message ability to collaborate across the office or across the nation. Phone system integration shows if my recipient is on the phone or in a meeting, and prevents pop-ups when he/she is sharing their screen. Diminishes email overload and provides a non-persistent venue for communications that are often more casual.

Learning about Cisco Jabber?

* We monitor all Cisco Jabber reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.