Cisco Jabber Reviews & Product Details

What is Cisco Jabber?

Empower employees to work together efficiently from anywhere by bringing together presence, instant messaging (IM), audio, video and web conferencing, enterprise voice, and visual voicemail into one client on your desktop.

Cisco Jabber Screenshots

Related Links
Q&A
Cisco
Description
Cisco delivers intent-based networking across the branch, WAN, and cloud. We provide end-to-end security, automation, and analytics with award-winning services and support.
1984

Program Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management
Most Recent Cisco Jabber Video Review
Software Developer

"Excellent software ideal for corporate chat."

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber I like for several reasons being one of the main ones that allows its users to be able to communicate in real time through different means such as voice call, instant messaging can not only do that but share the screen, take pictures of the chat and send them as instantaneous making the collaboration much more effective and quick thanks to the conversations can be group and each user joined the group at the same time can invite others, also has a very fast search since you only have to put the name of the person and immediately you will find it and the best thing is that it is able to integrate with other applications such as Zoom or Outlook which allows having a much more direct access to the emails and the calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is a software that works really well because it has a support team very attentive so the doubts that have been had been solved immediately, that is why I have nothing to say against it because we have not had any critical problem or that could not be solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the use of this software since it is easy to use and will not have any limits for communication since its communication forms are really effective so that with the productivity will be increased, also its price is very fair for offered

Due to the implementation of this software, labor productivity has increased positively thanks to the fact that communication is much more direct and effective, since there are many ways to communicate and generate discussions, in addition to offering the ease of looking at the profile of a person and access to their information such as the address or mail which makes communication with her much faster..

Tanaya Dadheech
(10,001+ employees)

"Inter company messaging and voice mail application"

What do you like best?

It allows us to do real time conversation with inter-organization employees. Itxs screen clipping feature allows me to capture an image and i can send captured snap shot in chat window.

We can do conversation in group as well. In group chat number of participants can join the group. After creation of group chat anyone can add missing participant(s) in the group conversation.

With the help of its search filter i can easily search a user by name.

Using its screen share we are able to deliver the training secession to other division office users. As well as screen share is helpful to perform the troubleshooting action on other user box.

Jabber calendar auto synchronizes my Outlook and zoom meetings.

Allows me to customize my Jabber status also. Application auto changes the status according to presence. In my profile i can add my location details as well.

Quick and easy integration with other applications like Outlook, Zoom and cisco phone etc.

Its calling and video conferencing media quality is excellent.

What do you dislike?

No critical issue observed only a minor thing related to notification - when my Jabber status is Do not disturb and during this time if someone sends a message then it still shows alert of new message received.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, go for it.

Increased the productivity and improved the way of question and answer(discussion).

Streamlined the way of communication in organisation.

Easily able to get the profile details of a user like email address, location, presence, ip phone etc.

Linked jabber to a voice mailbox.

Devika Parashar
(10,001+ employees)

"Jabber : Corporate chat application."

What do you like best?

It's an awesome interface for instant messaging. When anyone sends me a text or snap shot then it shows a pop-up alert on screen's top right corner. As well as highlights the Jabber tab in task bar.

Integration and customization of this tool is easy.

This application is secure because it requires user name and password for login.

Handy cotacts - I can create contact group(s) team/department wise.

Collaborative - Allows to share machine screen with others. We can do group chat conversation with multiple participants.

It's search functionality populates the list of recently contacted person before other users.

Integration with Cisco IP phone is smooth. Calling voice quality is excellent.

What do you dislike?

It does not allow me to set an alert notification to notify when a user goes Away.

Improved cordination with other employees. Unified the communication process. Doing persentation through screen sharing.

This application is secure as this uses point to point encryption metod.

Data specialist

"Quick chat method"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber allows you to be able to chat with people within your network and makes communication simple. My place of work is large and spread out, thus having a quick form of communication allows messages to translate accurately and with speed. Additionally, Cisco Jabber allows you to be able to leave voice messages and make phone calls on your desktop. Lastly, the application shows the availability of employees, which is always beneficial when requiring to contact someone.

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber has a screen sharing feature which I have tried to toggle with and better understand, but the issue always comes down to connectivity. The screen sharing feature often lags or disconnects. I have had to use Cisco Jabber to resolve technical difficulties with my computer and the technical support representative attempted to help me through Jabber only for it to be a failed attempt due to losing screen sharing connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cisco Jabber is very easy to use with its user friendly interface. There aren't complicated features that require training, and it provides a quick way of communicating with one another within the same network.

Short distant communication issues are resolved through using Cisco Jabber. Some departments and colleagues do not work around my environment and thus the quick chat allows for that distance to be eliminated.

Sunil Setna

"Jabber - Application for IM and Screen Sharing"

What do you like best?

Jabber is an efficient application for internal communication. Easy to integrate with other tools.

Its greatly helpful to do question answer with colleagues. Able to do Q&A in real time so this increases our productity during working hours and reduces delay on respones.

Allows to share the screen shots with other users.

Group chat conversation allows us discussion with multiple participants.

I can customize the contact group, chat group, my jabber status, text fonts etc. When i'm in meeting/presenting then it shows my status accordingly.

Screen sharing helps us to take look on other user box with a single click without moving on user's desk.

Its a reliable and secure application.

What do you dislike?

When a user is offline then i can not send a snap shot to this user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes. Great tool, go for it.

Improved internal communication process within the organization. Quickly and easily able to do question answer. Screen sharing helps to check the other user machine's screen easily. Streamlined the communication process.

Medical Accountant
(5001-10,000 employees)

"easy to configure"

What do you like best?

I like cisco Jabber since a year ago, when they implemented the latest program update. I like the ease of use that has this application, I love that its platform is almost intuitive, which does not require you to know much at the computer level to know how to use the application, that's great. In my opinion cisco Jabber is the best desktop phone application, one of the best things is that it is compatible with various tools, which makes it a versatile application. Its administrative aspects are the best, making it a tool fully compatible with the business environment. I like that I can create chat and groups with direct access for easy operation. With this tool I can also share the screen with other users in real time. I also like that I can reserve the chat history as a backup for as long as I want. I also like that it automatically syncs with Outlook, which I think is great because it's the tool I use the most. The security it gives me is high, so I feel confident using this application.

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber is a great application, however it has very few updates, sometimes the application becomes very outdated and starts to work slowly, in fact until a year ago it was a very outdated application and there were many problems with the interface, that was quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend cisco for its excellent performance in its category, is a good platform or application very well developed and guided.

Cisco Jabber is very helpful because it allows me to be in contact with clients who travel a lot. It helps me because it always implements solutions, especially in reference to desk phones this application is the best on this subject.

Utilities Customer Service Representative

"excellent safety"

What do you like best?

I love the security that the application gives me when I use it, I don't know but that for me is paramount. I also find an application very simple to use, has a very simple platform, its interface is attractive, compact and is operated by intuition, that I appreciate very much because you do not have to be a genius to understand it. On the one hand I love the integration it has with various tools. Customization is also something to talk about, as everything can be customized at the user's convenience. I like that I can create groups with direct access, that makes things much easier for me and set the user status, I think that's great. One of the most eye-catching things about cisco Jabber is that it allows me to set up alert notifications when a person is online. I like that I can talk in real time, while sharing my computer screen with other connected users. I like conversations in groups, and the number of participants that can join the group, I love that the features can help me analyze queries with various people in real time. It's also a positive feature that the application keeps my chat history, because I can consult it whenever I want, and I can even delete it for convenience. I love the automatic synchronization with Outlook, in my opinion it is a perfect tool.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion Cisco Jabber is one of the best real time messaging tools, it's quite good, in my opinion it's perfect, there's nothing I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The application is great, its multiple and different options are very good, it is certainly an excellent application to use.

It helps because you can share the screen, showing important details to the people you're talking to.

Mukesh Laghari - Technical Lead
(10,001+ employees)

"Jabber - Instant messaging and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

This application is easy to use and installation is quick. Smooth integration with other tools like zoom, microsoft outlook etc.

Jabber is reliable and secure tool as this encrypts point to point messaging over the network.

Allows us to do question answer with other user in quick way. Its real time messaging is good enough and works efficiently.

Easily able to check other users' status and contact details and it alows to search user. As well as i can customize my own status according to availbility. Also can create contact groups as per the need.

Desktop screen sharing is simple and fast.

High quality of audio video communication.

What do you dislike?

During group chat conversation it does not allow me to send snap shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Improved the communication process and security. Increased the productivity, and reduced response delay on question answer. For queries with Streamlined the discussion process with colleagues.

Senior software developer

"My cisco jabber"

What do you like best?

It is a lightweight application and furthermore accessible for telephone.

1>>you can set custom status(away, on the web, and so on)

2>>you can catch and share screen shot also.

3>>screen sharing is really beneficial thing in this application(it causes me a great deal when I need some assistance from other worker which isn't in same area).

4>>secret word secured application

5>>exceptionally simple to utilize.

6>>no instructional exercise required to utilize this application.

7>>you can set your text dimension and shading for your talk.

8>>bunch talk is additionally available(you can make your own gatherings and include numerous people groups)

9>>calling alternative is accessible.

10>>can send emoticon in talk.

What do you dislike?

everything is working fine for me aside from that you can not erase your chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I exceedingly suggested this.it is extremely viable apparatus for continuous chatting.it easy to understand application.

I am utilizing this application in my office. essentially I utilized this for speak with other employee.but now and again I likewise use screen offering to my us partners when I need some assistance in regards to my project

Vimal Kilaniya

"Jabber - Tool for internal communication and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Jabber is lightweight and an efficient application for conversation. I can easily customize the settings explicitly for inside or outside contacts of my organization.

As well as i can customize my current status instead of default status.

Send a screen capture feature allows me to capture the screen shot and share the same with specific user saving it manually. Screen sharing is easy and allows to view the screen of other user with a single click.

Jabber retains my conversation history so i can re-check the previous messages.

I can set editing of font and colr as per my interest.

We can do group chat conversation and can add new participant(s) easily during the conversation.

Allows me to create contact groups as per my need.

Integration with other tool is easy and quick.

What do you dislike?

One minor issue identified - I can not send snap shot in group chat conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for instant messaging and easy to use.

We are quickly able to do conversation with internal employees and other country's colleagues and clients. Improved the communication process with colleagues.

Instant messaging and quick responses on queries.

Senior Software Developer Team Lead

"Best communication tool"

What do you like best?

It is a lightweight application and also available for phone.

-you can set custom status(away, online, etc)

-you can capture and share screen shot as well.

-screen sharing is pretty good thing in this application(it helps me a lot when i need some help from other employee which is not in same location).

-password protected application

-very easy to use.

-no tutorial required to use this application.

-you can set your font size and color for your chat.

-group chat is also available(you can create your own groups and add multiple peoples)

-calling option is available.

-can send emoji in chat.

What do you dislike?

everything is working fine for me except that you can not delete your chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommended this.it is very effective tool for real time chatting.it user friendly application.

i am using this application in my office. basically i used this for communicate with other employee.but sometimes i also use screen sharing with my us team mates when i need some help regarding my project.

senior software developer

"light weight messaging tool"

What do you like best?

Its a simple to utilize and seure application. Coordination with different devices is quite smooth. Enables me to alter the various things according to my need. Like I can set custom status just as can make contact groups for snappy access.

Enables me to alert notification when a concerned individual winds up online on Jabber.

Enables us to do discussion progressively just as we can share our machine screen with other client.

We can do discussion in groups and various members can join the groups so this highlights causes us to talk about the questions with numerous people groups at same time.

Adjusting with MS Outlook is consistent

password protected.

can capture and send screen shots.

What do you dislike?

we can't send screen shots in groups.except that everything is fine for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i highly recommended this software for conversation in organisation.it fast and easy to use

it is pretty fast and communication to other employee is very easy

Vaani Gilhotra

"Jabber - Instant messaging and screen share application"

What do you like best?

Its an easy to use application. Jabber's UI is pretty much cool. Integration with outlook is pretty much simple.

Jabber allows us to do real time conversation with colleagues. Group chat window allows us to do discussion with multiple people.

Jabber allows me to cutomize my status and reformating of incoming messages like text font, size, color etc. When "Do Not Disturb" is on then settings of different alert sounds can be changed to mute.

I can easily send and accept screen share inviation with other users.

Allows me to check users profile and contact details of others like email address, desk phone number etc.

Its calendar shows my already scheduled meetings breakdown details so i can quickly check the same.

Audio call and videoconferencing sound quality is good enough.

What do you dislike?

So far i did not find any critical issue. Jabber is heading in right direction for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Efficient tool for real time communication.

This application is widely used in our organization. Using Jabber we have improved the communication process with internal employees and clients. Easily able to do question answer with my colleagues. Reduced the time to get answer of any questions over jabber because now we just need to ping the user instead of wiriting a long email.

Kirtika

"Efficient and light weight tool for messaging and screen share"

What do you like best?

Its an easy to use and secure application. Integration with other tools is pretty smooth. Allows me to customize the different things as per my need. Like i can set user defined status as well as can create contact groups for quick access.

Allows me to set a alert notification when a concerned person becomes online on Jabber.

Allows us to do conversation in real time as well as we can share our machine screen with other user.

We can do conversation in groups and a number of participants can join the group so this features helps us to discuss the queries with multiple peoples at sametime.

Keeps my chat history so i can check this later on, as well as i can clear it also.

Syncing with MS Outlook is seamless

What do you dislike?

Recently identified i can not send a screen shot to a user when s/he is offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes i recommends for this. Great tool for real time messaging.

Improved the response time of Q&A. Easily and quickly able to send the message to the concerned user.

Screen share plays a great role during trouble shooting.

IT Infrastructure Specialist
(5001-10,000 employees)

"The softphone with the mostess"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use that Cisco Jabber provides is what makes it the best. Being simple to use doen't mean it doesn't have the features you need most. Almost all the features you have on a deskphone you will find in Cisco Jabber. That makes it a powerful tool you can have both in your laptop, mobile phone or notebook. Considering the administration aspects, it works perfectly with the enterprise environment. For those who are used to Call Manager, you'll find out how easy is to manage Jabber users on the platform.

What do you dislike?

It took some time for Cisco to realize how importante is Cisco Jabber for the community and forgot to keep the update pace on the tool. And, during that time, the application saw some stagnation in features and specially in user interface. So, since last year, the team is investing a lot of time to keep up with the modern interface design and at the same time, updating the product to support recent communication technologies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cisco Jabber is a great product, but don't forget to use also a great headset hardware. It's very important to maintain the quality of the whole solution.

Basically, it allow us to have a single reach point for our users who travel a lot. They can have both deskphone and softphone with the same number. Also, for places where we don't need to have a deskphone, we can deploy Jabber and offer them a full enterprise level phone. In summary: we can offer a seamless experience inside or outside the company and also, we can same money implementing just a softphone solution for roaming users.

software developer

"Best communication tool"

What do you like best?

Its a lightweight application. Its sending and integration with IP Phone and Microsoft Outlook is consistent. This application works fine in different languages. Utilizing Jabber we are effectively and rapidly ready to do the constant informing/calling with customers and association representatives. Additionally we can do group talk effectively with number of members.

This device holds old visit information and enables me to return this discussion later.

Its screen share is magnificent and I can without much of a stretch see other client's screen.

It indicates current status of client like Available, Away, Offline,Do not disturb and so forth. Just as I can set custom status moreover. When i'm bringing over IP telephone or offering my screen to some other client then status changes automatically to call

Generally speaking this fill my heart with joy task simple.

What do you dislike?

it is very useful. I don't have anything to dislike about jabber

Recommendations to others considering the product:

best application for communication in software industary. the thing I like the most is screen share(by this you can help some one in code or set-up something etc.)

communication between employees is very easy in organization.so as a employee I found very useful to me for any issue you don't need to send email, just message or call through jabber.

software developer

"Best messaging tool for organisation"

What do you like best?

It provide best way to communicate with other employees. best feature of jabber is you can share your screen easily on both mac and windows operating systems.in this application you can create groups chats as well.it is password protected and easy to use.

-you can set your current status like (Available ,busy, away etc.)

-you can take screen shot directly from jabber and share.

-Android version is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

This is another component our organization has taken off so as of now, there is nothing that I don't care for about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best application for those organisation in which employee interact with one to another most of time

Cisco jabber offers our organization with a discussion application that inward clients can use to speak with one another. We furthermore use jabber as our telephone machine, and our customers can achieve our workers by means of calling their jabber phone numbers

Vinay Kumar

"Reliable and efficient tool for chat and screen share"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and lightweight tool. Launches quickly and works well on different operating systems. Its secure as i can use it after my credentials authentication else not.

Integration and customization is pretty much smooth. This automatically syncs with outlook's scheduled meetings. I can customize my status, groups etc. as per my need.

Using jabber's group chat it allows me to begin conversation with number of participants and we can do discussion on our agenda. This helped us to take right decision with multiple people at same page.

Its screen sharing is awesome - just a single click away to start this. Gives me an opportunity to look at other user screen's and this makes my trouble shooting, data review etc. tasks easy.

Allows me to check employee's details like cell number, IP phone number, e-mail address etc.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike about this application. Its just awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A decent tool for conversation with organization employee and clients. Worth of use and its very user friendly. Perfect solution go for it.

Streamlined communication process with internal employees as well as with clients.

Able to perform chat conversation, screen sharing etc.

Increased the productivity and quick responses.

Sr. Software Developer

"Reliable and convenient comunication application. "

What do you like best?

Its a lightweight application. Its deployment and integration with IP Phone and Microsoft Outlook is seamless. This tool works fine in multiple languages. Using Jabber we are easily and quickly able to do the real time messaging / calling with clients and organization employees. Also we can do group chat easily with number of participants.

This tool retains old chat data and allows me to check back this conversation later.

Its screen share is awesome and i can easily see other user's system screen.

It shows current status of user like Available / Away / Offline etc. As well as i can set custom status also. When i'm calling over IP phone or sharing my screen with any other user then status changes automatically On a Call / Persenting.

Overall this make my day task easy.

What do you dislike?

So far so good only one minor thing noticed when message receiver is offline then i can not send a snap shot to this user. Except that its awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An efficient solution for instant messaging, screen share etc. Its very easy to use.

Streamlined our communication process. Save time during queries and reduced communication delay.

School Counselor

"Makes communication within the office seamless"

What do you like best?

I love that Cisco Jabber functions as an addition to our phone system. I can send messages to colleagues, easily search for people within my school district, and communicate with more than one person at a time. It also allows me to answer the phone on my computer when I'm not at my desk. This is an incredible feature as sometimes I take my computer to a meeting and need to be near my phone for an important call.

What do you dislike?

When you close a group chat, you leave the group chat. I wish there was a way to make a permanent group so multiple colleagues and I could always have it up and ready to go, but not front and center in our screen. If this was an option, I would definitely use it a lot more!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot - if you can integrate it into your office, it will definitely make communicating between people faster, smoother, and all in all a much better experience. I would recommend that it be integrated on a wide scale and everyone in your company use it to make the best out of it.

Cisco is integral to the communication between my colleagues and I in the office. It helps us easily send instant messages as well as makes it easy for me to know everyones extension just by typing in their name. It is beautifully integrated into our school district and I couldn't function without it.

System Engineer
Computer Networking

"Jabber experience "

What do you like best?

Best way to communicate IM and call with co-workers via jabber. Easy way to share the screen on both windows and MAC machines and also integrated with Webex. Easy to edit our profile and also users profile.

Easy to Turn On or Turn Off Single Number Reach Destinations from phone control menu. Schedule meetings from Cisco Jabber. Easy to share documents and easy to share executable files by changing the excitable file name. Easy to take screenshot on Jabber without using snipping tool. Great application to use on medium and high range organisations.

What do you dislike?

Jabber crashes when we click between conversations.

Calls cannot connect when they are in presenting or do not disturb again we need to change to status as available or away.

Screen share bit slow on MAC machines need to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jabber is user friendly application and easy of use.

We are using Cisco Jabber to resolve technical issues for customer mainly by using calling feature.

Very useful for internal communication.

Chemicals

"Jabber is Great"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is a far better communication tool then its outdated competitors like Skype. I think that Jabber is forward thinking and has an easily understandable interface that allows for quick and easy integration into a companies dynamic. I believe that it allows for members of a company to gain a further understanding of each others roles and duties. this program can only keep getting better, I highly recommend this form of a communication tool to be used by many other companies.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the program like many has its flaws. one could be that it can be annoying to not have integrated keyboard shortcuts that would allow the user the ability to have the program expand acronized words (i.e. terms such as LOL, Laugh out Loud).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seriously think that Cisco Jabber is an effective program that allow for large companies to have the ability to communicate globally with ease. I think that the use of instant message is so prevalent now a days so this program is totally moving in the right direction and its great.

The program allows for vast communication within an instant. this is important because it can be faster then waiting on an email from a colleague who is located in a different time zone. With big companies growing it is important for them to keep moving forward and have the effectiveness of an instant messaging system it allows for said company to have the ability to have a more efficient running company.

Staff Accountant
Accounting

"jabber review"

What do you like best?

group chat function, popup notifications, availability options. It is extremely helpful to see when people are available, away, on a call, in a meeting, or presenting. If you are waiting on a reply from someone you can see where they are. You can also use this to determine if it is an appropriate time to call someone. It is also nice to have the group chat function for both social and work purposes.

What do you dislike?

sometimes have issues with sound device for calls. Does not consistently go through headphones or phone. I use headphones with my computer and also have a desk phone. When i receiva a call while using my headphones, the phone will ring. I pick up the desk phone to talk to whoever is calling. They can hear me, but I cannot hear them. It seems like it may be working through both the phone and the headphones which is a difficulty.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

set default audio device when first setting up jabber

communication lags, can ask quick questions, less formal talk with coworkers. The instant communication with coworkers is a major help. We have multiple offices throughout the country, and we are often working with people in different offices. If a question arises while in the middle of a project it is nice to send a quick message and get a quick response. This leads to less lag time and improved efficiency for the work day.