Asset Essentials

Asset Essentials gives you the power to manage your facility with centralized requests, automated maintenance workflow, and simple reporting to protect your assets.

Work for Asset Essentials?

Learning about Asset Essentials?

Asset Essentials Reviews

Ask Asset Essentials a Question
Showing 105 Asset Essentials reviews
Scott F.

"Good, but not great"

What do you like best?

nothing really, it is just a standard system. I have seen other systems that are set up by default to do the same thing and much cheaper for the features we have been using. Being able to assign a task to one of my staff with just a few clicks in the app is nice.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it makes me pick the specific item I am logging into when I log in. That's stupid and wastes my time. I also dislike that it has features that are important to speed the workflow that have never been shared with me in the years we have used this. While it might have been mentioned to a previous CTO, nobody offered to share them with me when I moved the admin data from the previous CTO to me. Just seems illogical to not want to show off everything your product can do to a customer who is not taking advantage of the efficiencies. Also, the reports make no sense. Why am I not able to easily see a report that says you have this many open tickets, or maybe one that says your annual work ticket count is this with a timely completion percentage of x.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find out everything it can do before you start using it.

IT work tickets, efficiency in getting them completed, I would be able to do more if the app was better. It just seems to have been forgotten.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Asset Essentials
Jason H.

"Intuitive and information products with excellent service."

What do you like best?

The 24/7 live customer service available to all customers helps take a lot of confusion out of learning the system and makes sure you know how to best use your solutions.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports available through the solutions can overlap enough to make it difficult to find the right one for the data you are seeking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is a simple, intuitive way to track work that allows your requesters to see the progress on their work requests, allows you to track your workers effectiveness and efficiency, and provides effective customer service available when you need it. If we had greater resources available to us we would implement more of the solutions offered.

We have used the product to solve the problem of unreported incidents and damages through the use of the My SchoolBuilding portal and also have solved the issue of worker accountability by using the reporting to track work accomplished by each employee and verify claims of students about the work.

What CMMS solution do you use?

Beth G.

"We now have a process!"

What do you like best?

Prior to going with SchoolDude, our facilities team would receive verbal requests throughout the day. Some requests that were of greater need didn't make it to their attention in as timely of a manner and our staff was feeling like their requests were either not heard at all or not in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Entering a password at the bottom to submit the request. Even with this being the same password for us all, some of our staff do not use it frequently and then try to put their own password there and get frustrated. Don't really see the need for a password there if you already logged into the system.

Work flow is much better. We still have a ways to go to utilize the capabilities provided though. Just finding time to learn how to use that for long-term scheduling will be a priority next year.

Tristan R.

"Great way to keep track of IT trouble tickets."

What do you like best?

I provide tech service to 4 different buildings and my work flow is always organized on the go with SchoolDude. I can check for any new tickets before I walk out of a building on the app on my phone to make sure I covered everything I needed to and have not forgot anything.

What do you dislike?

Not much here to dislike. We only use the ticket part of it and it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution for Ticket Management. We also use SchoolDude Crisis Management but I have no first hand experience with that portion of the software.

We benefit in time management. When we get IT calls most of them end with please put that on SchoolDude unless it is a major emergency. With everything on there being tracked it allows us to work fast and efficiently without being pulled to the side and distracted all the time. It also has options that the users can fill out in their ticket such as Area, Building, Problem Type, and places for them to upload screen shots if necessary. It makes life as a tech a whole lot easier when trying to quickly move through your work queue. There are options that we can fill out as well such as asset numbers, budget information, problem type and purpose, so that we have all of that information always kept as a record and can go back and look at it if needed.

Gabriella M.

"We rely on it for everyday use"

What do you like best?

I support two different schools. While they are not far apart from one another distance-wise it is so helpful to use the SchoolDude iOS app on my iPhone so I can check for tickets that may have been placed after I left work or before I've gotten there. I can also see if there's something at one of the schools that needs my attention right away instead of having to go to my computer to check Incident every time. I also like that I can update a ticket in its notes.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the account setup for users and the fact that there is a submittal password. We use Chrome as we are Google users in both school settings and Chrome auto-remembers the last date a ticket was put in by a specific faculty member. If the user happens to change their password, it does not bring the submittal password along with it, so I end up having to reset passwords frequently. I also do not like that it defaults to Maintenance Requests when the primary reason the faculty are using SchoolDude is for IT (they have to manually select that option). I also do not like that when a ticket is assigned to me, I don't receive any notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolDude is a great option to get attention where it needs to be in real-time. However, if you are trying to solve a problem such as when Internet is out, you probably want to look at a different solution as the basis for SchoolDude is ticket submissions.

We are trying to keep track of how quickly problems are able to be resolved. We are also trying to create a database of how frequently the same issues occur and what resolutions we were able to use for them. It is much easier to have a database like SchoolDude instead of having one off emails when a faculty member experiences an IT issue that can get lost.

Kim N.

"Work orders are easy to write and track"

What do you like best?

I like being able to write a work order for our maintenance staff for admissions events. I can enter all of the details I need to communicate and receive emails that let me know when each action is taken. We use it at our school, and a college recently looked into the software on the recommendation of someone at our school. I also like being able to review previous requests as a check for details as I plan events.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike any part of it. I can customize the alerts and notifications I receive, so it's been user friendly on my end as well as a good tool for our maintenance staff. Any negative comments that I have heard have been taken care of by communication from and training of our staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this software for schools wanting a way to track requests and completion of issues within the school building.

Streamlined communication for set up of events. Each request is saved, so I can copy and paste the information and add details that change. The template is easy to use, and required fields give our staff exactly the information they need.

Erika R.

"Software with a purpose"

What do you like best?

This program is great for letting more than one person creating events and having one person manage the activation to prevent overbooking rooms.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could add multiple dates and be able to cancel one of the dates without canceling all the dates. It would be great if the program would actually put in all the events as individual dates but only need to add the multiple dates at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is great for those that are not tech savvy as well as those that are tech savvy. The program has one or a few that are in charge of approving to prevent multiple rooms being booked at the same time. It also assist in billing purposes to revenue can be achieved without extreme searching or extra record keeping to invoice correctly. The search feature is great!

Allowing more than one person to schedule a room, technology request, or maintenance without putting one person in charge of each of these task. This helps keep the office running smoothly even if we are having issues with technology or maintenance.

Tim P.

"Asset Essentials is a package deal for managing all sorts of service related requests"

What do you like best?

The best feature in Asset Essentials is the simple workflows for work orders. It's nice to be able to quickly determine what needs attention and what type of attention is required.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are not more default settings or setup wizards for a particular type of user. Everything is manual and configuring every setting is daunting. It would be very beneficial to have a simple wizard or config to start with and make adjustment as you learn the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan on it taking some time to learn the system. It worked better to understand how to start using it with the intent of changing things as you learn.

Expediting work order creation, bringing visibility to repairs and issues, creating a searchable repository for historical issues related to assets.

Rainey L.

"Dude Solutions - a resource that does what it says. "

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Dude Solutions is the ability to see the exact data I want and put it to work for me. Reports, graphs, and KPI information are all easily accessible within the program. Client comparisons give insight as to how we measure up to peer districts. The ability to set up automated reports allows users to schedule information gathering in advance and not waste time repeating the same tasks.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up on a couple of the modules was a bit overwhelming. Changes or upgrades to some of the modules was substantial as well, which created a learning curve all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least give it a try. They are a great company and their technical support is fantastic. You will not be just a number. They are committed to helping you make your system work for you, not the other way around.

There are numerous problems that we're solving with Dude Solutions.

Productivity gaps among peer workers is one. Gauging work order numbers, KPI, hours logged, etc., all give insight to worker productivity.

In another module, I'm able to compare utility usage among similar campuses. This helps solve issues related to wasted budget dollars on energy consumption.

Scheduling our buildings for rental events and getting the right workers to set up and attend these events is yet another solution that the product has provided.

Justin O.

"Not the solution for us"

What do you like best?

It provides a method to collect issues and track them.

What do you dislike?

The view is cluttered with ads, trivia, and useless information.

The reports are not easy to use and are not customizable enough.

There are too many emails about webinars and national data when it is very difficult to get data out of the system about ourselves.

There is NO way to track an individual room because the AREA field is open to any numeric and text combination.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at lots of systems and compare features and costs. Some systems work better for different companies, businesses, and types of people than others.

Allows us to manage the requests for service

Rebecca S.

"Transition from Paper WO system to online management"

What do you like best?

I love the feature of each user being able to manage his/her own work load online. This adds more accountability, and for us, removes the hassle of managing paper work orders. This software is very user friendly and allows even the least computer savvy person to use the software.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas where the features are somewhat "gray" and more training needs to be provided to the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very easy to use software. Start small with it, and grow larger.

We have better tracking of employee productivity and workflow. We are also able to track our costs easier and keep good stats for reference.

Joanne R.

"User friendly request program"

What do you like best?

All of the available tabs are easy to view. In order to put in a request for supplies or maintenance, it's easy to click on the appropriate tab, which are all on the main page. The required boxes are provided and ask specific questions. The supply request area of the program is helpful as it provides a list of available supplies, which are searchable.

What do you dislike?

The website is fairly outdated and not visually pleasing. While some of the information saves from previous requests, some of the general information is not saved and has to be re entered every time. It would be nice for the room location to save, since typically requests are being made for the same classroom/office space.

School Dude is an easy way to put in requests for maintenance requests or supply requests. It is easily streamlined and all in one place for the people in charge of those areas.

"High potential software but not the best user interface."

What do you like best?

The customer support has been very helpful. Most anyone I call can either provide assistance right away or do further research and let me know later. I also like the ability to track what work is being done on equipment and having a place to keep track of all the parts we use.

What do you dislike?

We have had a difficult time communicating the value of this program to the people we need most to use it, our mechanics. Additionally the user interface makes it somewhat daunting to learn mainly because there is so much that the program can be used for.

We are trying to keep clear records of what repairs and maintenance have occurred on every piece of equipment. So far we have benefited from communicating due dates of mandatory maintenance.

Charles S.

"Dude Solutions changed the culture of our department for the better."

What do you like best?

The ease of use, intuitiveness, fantastic customer support

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to assign 2-3 people to a work order.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think twice about it, you will not regret it. This is the best product you will find for a great price and the customer service is the best in the industry.

Our Dude Solutions products have allowed us to make the campus responsible for entering their own requests allowing us to spend time focusing on other issues. This has taken our typical response time from 4-7 days down to 1-3 days.

Donna W.

"We have been long time clients of Schooldude and have a great experience"

What do you like best?

We like the flexible routing, support, and ease of use. They keep us informed of improvements. The reporting helps to make important decisions concerning purchasing and staffing. The built in communications helps our users stay informed on the resolution of their problems.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to add additional problem types in Incident.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to route is awesome as well and the integration between products. We use Incident, Maintenance, and Trip Direct

We are able to schedule our buses (Trip Direct), report maintenance issues and assign them to staff (Maintenance Direct) and allows users to report technology related problems (Incident) and assign those problems the monitor actions taken and resolutions. The reporting helps us determine staffing and anticipate problems as well as study trends in issues.

Benjamin Z.

"Great so far"

What do you like best?

The software has so many options to customize and make your experience easy. The ability to edit is phenomenal and the email for WO is absolutely great.

What do you dislike?

When a need for a customized view is needed for a user the response for the account managers seem to be delayed. It is hard to get a person on the phone. It always seems like I have to send a message or email when a simple phone call would clear things up.

We have started using Asset to manage our PM and WO for 3 of our automated machines. The benefits so far is a centralized location for the technicians who perform the WO to go to for all the information they need. We just started "live" about a week ago.

Adam H.

"very satisfied with value!"

What do you like best?

The site is simple to configure and maintain. We are able to perform effective R&M, PM, PrD, and life cycle analysis. We have found it is very simple for our Requesters to use and beneficial that they can track real-time progress.

What do you dislike?

We use a very simple PO and ordering system and Asset Essentials has capability beyond our needs. We have held off implementation until we can get Finance Stakeholders involved and sold on capabilities.

Very effective Life Cycle Anaylsis, ease of reviewing work history on assets, and asset tracking across multiple locations.

Bethany T.

"Old school platform, not intuitive."

What do you like best?

I like the work order submission feature within Schooldude because that's the only part of the platform I am familiar with. It's use of dropdown menu items was great for easy navigation.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the Schooldude platform is visually unappealing. When I was a user, the software itself seemed to be very basic and lacked complicated HTML. I think some of the students in higher education need user friendly platforms that make the process of handling tasks easy instead of being put off by a less than intuitive website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recognize that it will look like an OLDER software program...it doesn't have new buttons and visually appealing graphics that some of our students are now accustomed to.

we use it for students who live on campus to submit work orders to maintenance

Joanne R.

"School Dude helps to organize requests"

What do you like best?

School Dude is a good program that helps to keep all requests for maintenance in one specific location. Instead of having faculty sending emails or stopping by, everyone is able to log into a program and submit requests for a variety of things in one spot.

What do you dislike?

The product search can be a bit difficult to use, as the names are very specific and the search option isn't flexible. The website itself works well, however, it is visually a bit outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that all faculty members are required to use the program, otherwise, it is not beneficial.

All faculty members use the same program to put in requests for inventory, repairs, or maintenance requests. This elevates quite a bit of time for the maintenance department as all requests are in one place.

Nathan W.

"School Dude in the high school"

What do you like best?

School Dude offers a great system for allowing faculty in our school to send in help requests for maintenance or tech support as well as reserving facilities. It is a multi-faceted program that is very helpful in managing a school. The organization it provides is very effective in allowing staff to get in requests in a timely manner that will not overwhelm the recipients. The steps are very helpful if you have never navigated through a request like this before.

What do you dislike?

The design is not the most appealing. I find that sometimes it is difficult to find the exact request I need for the maintenance request I am doing, since the page is filled with small icons that are very similar in look. It would be helpful to have a search menu, which you could just start typing in the needed request and it would give you the options below. It would be great if they had an app that would be used for your particular institution. I know that sometimes when I need to make a request that is time sensitive, I have to log onto the computer to do it, instead of easily using my iPad to open an app to make the request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend School Dude to help streamline the process of needing to make appointments, events, meetings, and any other requests that go through multiple departments. This really makes life easier to have one location for all types of requests.

In our school system, this allows us to quickly access the supports needed without needing to send an email to the head of maintenance or IT department for our needs. This is also very beneficial for setting up meetings in facilities. The one feature that is very nice is checking to see if a room or area is open during a specific day and time and what things will be needed for the event.

"Decent Program but we had/having issues with migrating from old software "

What do you like best?

Program is straight forward with decent quick support. Reporting is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

So my company was using a very old version of this program called Big Foot. We were told we needed to upgrade to Asset Essentials and pay Dude Solutions Seven Grand to do the cut over. They told me it would take four days. Well, we are three weeks in to this "cut over" and still don't have all our Assets, Parts, and past Work Orders imported. They also cut us off from our old program so we can't continue to work while they finish setting up our new Asset Essentials site how we want it.

Just don't let them tell you four days is enough time if you are migrating from an old program where you want to export from. It will take some time to get things how you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Migrating is a pain and don't let the vendor shut off the old site until they are fully done migrating and setting up the site how you want it.

We run three different Maintenance Sites and this is helping us separate Assets and Parts between all Sites.

The benefits will be we can run reports on specific Assets to see how much we are spending a year, month, etc.

"Great streamlined process!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all my technicians are able to create, close, and update work status for their own work orders.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas that are not customizable, so we have to use the options that are available to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Dude Solutions first and foremost because of their excellent customer service, the ease of transitioning to their product, and their overall positive attitudes and willingness to assist. I have had several Dudes connect me with the correct people for assistance, support, or just for new product information. They network with their colleges very well and it shows.

Work orders and Preventative Maintenance as well as greater customer service.

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Asset Essentials kept the good parts of Maintenance Edge and added so many new tricks and paths. Over the years we have put in requests to development and it looks like the were listening.

Easier to use and streamlines the daily process. Even more transparent.

Staff support is outstanding. If they don't have an answer you can be assured they will turn to the team and find out the real truth. The new AE is providing more accountability to the staff and at the same time providing ease of use with asset information at the workers finger tips. Change is tough but this system is making the upgrade rewarding as we continue to use all the features. It was time for an upgrade and the new system fits and meets our needs.

What do you dislike?

Transfer of data from old CMMS system to new is a little more challenging than expected.

Still have a few tweaks that need to be made as we looking for the perfect system.:))

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Facility Dude has never let us down and always provided professional support.

Up to date live data that provides even more transparency.

"SchoolDude Review - The Only Tool You Need To Reach For!"

What do you like best?

SD software is user friendly and comes with top-notch client services! Because of its ease of use, it has been very easy to train our staff on MaintenanceDirect and InventoryDirect. The staff that fought the implementation of MaintenanceDirect, and grumbled the most, are now the greatest advocates for the SchoolDude products we use.

Client Services - Can we say A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++? SD Client Services Team is always on hand and ready to offer solutions to whatever issues/questions I toss their way. If they are unable to offer a sound solution, they will search out the answer and provide a sound solution each and every time. No question is ever silly. Sometimes they listen, while I come to my own resolve - sometimes it's good to use the online chat - By chatting about the "issue", often times one comes to their own resolve. It's helpful to chat with a team member that understands what you are trying to accomplish. The staff knows the SD products inside and out! SD University provides a great opportunity to learn tidbits/tips/tricks. The university also provides the opportunity to meet the SD staff and make a connection for when you need help with the product. All I can say is GOOD about MaintenanceDirect and InventoryDirect. We need to get on the ball with PreventiveMaintenance.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about SchoolDude. I do wish that SD had a purchasing module (purchase orders) that would sync with MD and ID. Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about the product. MD and ID provide the information we need to maintain our systems and to keep our campus looking and running at top performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

MD is being utilized for reporting capital project labor hours. This has provided positive feedback and justified positions within our organization. The KPIs have been a key motivator in reinforcing the need to enter certain data on each work order. We now make sure that all work orders have purpose codes and crafts. The staff has been educated in the need to have these two tidbits of information included in a work order because they are two key fields from which I do create reports.

Courtney B.

"Great for schools"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps our inventory requests and work orders in the same place. It's easy to navigate and it's just an overall great program. The best thing about the program is that I don't have to keep track of emails or order forms. If I want to look back at past orders, the information is all at my fingertips without having to dig.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that some of the inventory items aren't listed by the product name. I'm sure that has nothing to with the program itself but that may be something to keep in mind if you would be the one entering inventory items. It can be frustrating to search for a product that is listed by something other than its actual name.

It has eliminated the old school paper ordering. The orders (inventory or if we need something fixed) go through instantly and you don't have to worry about losing track of order forms. The program also allows the people who receive the orders to write a response.

Tom S.

"It's a very good program, easy to use with very good support."

What do you like best?

I'm able to see all the WO as they come in. some go right to the tech witch saves time. You know when the WO is started, competed and closed. If someone has a question on a WO, you bring it up and everything is there, time, cost and dates.

What do you dislike?

The setup, It was very difficult at first trying to understand the program. Made a lot of mistakes at first. The support team was very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good product, easy to use once you get it setup. It will save you time and keep track of money.

Keeping track of time and money of the WO.

UB
User in Banking

"School Dude"

What do you like best?

I really like that it is really easy to use, and you don't have to be a tech whiz to be able to navigate it. It's an easy system to train others to use, and is fairly intuitive. We primarily use it as a "Help Desk" to submit requests through, as well as ordering supplies.

What do you dislike?

I wish the "Room Booker" section was easier to use, because it seems like a great feature. Too often both of our conference rooms get overbooked because we don't have an efficient system for everyone to use (we currently use Outlook for this until we find something better). The main reason we don't use it is because you need to cancel every date entered if you only want to cancel one. I also really dislike the graphics and icons, it isn't visually appealing and reminds me of 90's computer programs (in a bad way).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend School Dude to those who want to easily manage requests and supply orders. It's ease of use and navigation make it a great system to own.

We use School Dude as a "Help Desk" for both IT and Maintenance/Custodial requests. We also use it to order supplies, like reams of paper and printer toner when we run low.Using School Dude to field requests for assistance is fantastic, because it's easy for IT and the Custodial/Maintenance staff to respond to our requests in the order they're received, and it helps to get the next available Tech versus emailing someone and hoping they see it. The feature to say when you're available is also useful, so employees can make sure they aren't busy when IT or Maintenance comes by.

UP
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use and roll out quickly. This saves our maintenance program a lot of time by collecting all of the requests in an organized way and allowing users to identify the priority of the request. This also ensures that people are asked all pertinent questions that the maintenance department will need to effectively resolve the situation.

What do you dislike?

Some fields are a little clunky, but I think that is just the way we set the form up since we have a large campus that this needs to service.

We are able to streamline the process of requesting work or maintenance on various parts of campus and consolidate the process in one space on one software instead of individuals sending in a bunch of emails.

"Very thorough product and competitively priced. "

What do you like best?

We haven't been using the solutions for very long, so I am still getting familiar with everything. We are also waiting for our Facility Condition Assessment to be completed, so that our data can be loaded into the software. The customer service has been great, and they have been easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I haven't had any issues.

We will gain valuable data from our Facility Condition Assessment that will allow us to plan and budget with the Capital Forecasting solution. I believe that we will be able to track and use data for building maintenance requests more effectively as well.

Bobbi A.

"Great - does everything we need to do"

What do you like best?

Work & Asset Management enables our service technicians to concentrate on resolving issues rather than hunting down information and materials. All or techs are outfitted with iPads that keep them in contact with the schools and office.

What do you dislike?

it does everything we need. Planned enhancements are exciting and will improve the look greatly.

Effectiveness and efficiency has improved by over 12%. We no longer have schools complaining that their issues are being ignored. The school personnel can see the progress on their issue at any time. They know when parts are on order. They get emails when the issue is resolved.

AE
Administrator in Education Management

"School Dude Great Product for School Systems"

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly it is. Basically, you click on the location, what type of issues you are having, put in comments or additional information needed. You can click also if its an emergency or if its maintenance issues or custodial or general request. You can search for past request you have made and they show up by year. We also use it for trips and this helps us manage multiple trips and events throughout the school year. You have alot of options offered with this software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about School dude is the search option. You can put in and search by the request number or by a keyword. But you may have to go thru several years of data if you do not have the request number handy. I do wish there was a way to sort by date or by year instead all of them together. Also if you make a mistake on a request you can't recall it to edit the order. you have to make another request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should invest in this software, saves you much time and headaches. I can't live without this now! This has spoiled me!

Convenience and accountability. It also evens out the workload for the maintenance and custodial employees. The webinar that is offered gives you great tips on how to use this software and shortcuts. Its speedy and helps and creates fewer headaches with tracking and making sure things are getting done.

"Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

Transparency about the process of requests

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues with being able to properly describe where a problem is happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering School Dude and have a large campus, this may be hard on the front end to implement, but it will save your maintenance team so much time on the back end. This largest issue we face is having the team make sure they are marking jobs as in progress or complete in a timely manner.

At our college, School Dude is used for all types of maintenance requests. This is a drastic improvement over the last request form maintenance had.

"Good and Bad"

What do you like best?

The software is good and provides solutions to most needs and is workable within almost any set up needed for your school

What do you dislike?

Support could be better. Main support person changes frequently and when training for a new module I've had several experiences where instead of training with me personally on my situation, a webinar is suggested.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and try multiple solutions

Maintenance Direct, Energy Manager, PM Direct and currently Capital Forecasting, but we are dropping that this summer for another program due to the poor support and training received, or rather not received.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it can be used at multiple locations. This allows us to plan our maintenance schedule more efficiently. It is also useful tool for the accounting department when it comes to asset auditing. I'm also a huge fan of the PM scheduling.

What do you dislike?

At times it seems a little to cumbersome to update work orders. You're unable to skip steps in the work request process, making the process take longer than it should.

Keeping machinery in good working order is important to us. This aids in making this possible.

Chris D.

"Second school with SchoolDude"

What do you like best?

The ability for users to submit requests is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the forms have too many fields and are unnecessary for my institution. Printed work requests often end up more pages than needed and is wasteful.

Scheduled work and accountability are up. No lost work requests between requester and my department.

Solange H.

"Fiscal Officer"

What do you like best?

I like the tracking system ability as well as the comments section that allows for user to make notes about the project in question.

What do you dislike?

I would like a feature in the system to flag a WO that has not been completed in 30 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As I mentioned as an Administrator I cannot always recall work orders that are important but have not been completed. For this reason, it is important to get a flag to notify admin of a WO more than 30 days.

Custodian work orders and Maintenance.

UE
User in Education Management

"School Dude works great for organizing tickets"

What do you like best?

School Dude is great for putting in reports for broken/lost aid that I may need from IT or Building Managing staff. School Dude breaks down your ticket into categories so it can be assigned to the correct person from the beginning and also gives you updates on the progress of your request.

What do you dislike?

School Dude requires a password to submit claims which can change without notice. Also with not being able to make claims time sensitive, the receiver has to have great organization skills in the program or it can easily become lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

School dude will help improve organization and tracking of claims in your company, it also shows trends in what problems may be encountered the most, making for quicker targeted solutions.

IT problems, classroom materials needed.

"Happiness is a great CMMS program!"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use, the GREAT customer support, easy reporting, and up time of the product!

What do you dislike?

There a re few minor kludgy features - i.e. entering materials used, and the fact a work order can't be assigned to more than one person/craft. Also a few inconsistencies in things like forward/back, next/previous buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask about visiting the offices of those who use the product day in day out.

We are using SchoolDude to collect information on KPI's and to put together a robust PM program.

"Schooldude receives an A+ for facility management for our school district"

What do you like best?

The ease of the maintenance request work tickets and the flow to get the job done!

What do you dislike?

We had Utility Direct but never really used it to it's potential. It basically became a database to save the invoices.

Using PM Direct has been a wonderful financial decision for our school district. With having prevenative maintenace work orders assigned on a regular basis. There has been less down time on equipment, HVAC, etc. Working on the equipment, facilities and vehicles before there is an issue!

Samuel G.

"A good system to work from. "

What do you like best?

Easy access to work history. Easy access to cost and completion time.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to to track mileage from vehicles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your team uses a tablet.

Being able to track cost per site . I'm able to manage expense per work request.

"Dude Solutions a Must"

What do you like best?

The integration between the various platforms and the ease of the use of the app. The support team is excellent and have been a great help when needed. The reporting options are useful, especially for our inventory use

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, but the interface can be better on both the web and app versions

This handles our maintenance and technology issues, but what has helped us the most in the inventory system for issuing and keeping track of supplies

UA
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"School Dude great for repair tickets!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that School Dude creates a seemless place for me to place all my classroom orders. From fixing a smart TV to acquiring more desks, it keeps it simple.

What do you dislike?

School Dude's interface could be difficult for people who aren't as tech-savvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a place to streamline your ticket requests, School Dude will do just that and take the hassle out of using multiple systems.

With older programs we would have tickets piling up and only certain requests could be input. School Dude Dude's this by allowing more items to be requested. Keeping these items together is beneficial for teachers with busy days who can't remember every item if they need to use multiple programs.

Glenn R.

"Appreciation of School Dude products in the informed decision making process."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and vast amount of information collected from the products we use.

What do you dislike?

The inventory product does not have the feature to generate the cycle counts that would help us keep an ongoing process for keeping a more accurate inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you try it, you will never go back.

Tracking of equipment repairs that helps us make the decision to replace when we begin to spend too much on the repairs of that equipment.

"We have just started implementing the system, and have big plans for the future."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the users have access to a mobile app. We have mutliple departments with moving pieces and the mobile app will make implementation much easier.

What do you dislike?

Im a little disappointed that the users have to have the ability to edit assets to be able to put in meter readings. Additionally, you cant put in multiple meter readings for one asset at the same time through the mobile app, as it wont allow decimal places. We want to be able to put in odometer readings and gas logs for vehicles in one go.

We have done historically a poor job of tracking total costs related to each vehicle in our fleet.

"Great Product and Staff"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive for the most part. I really don't have to think about where things are or how to do something - it pretty much leads me to it.

What do you dislike?

It's really more of a desire than a dislike. I'd like to see documentation attached to an asset, not to a PM or WO. That way, any time that asset is involved, the documentation is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take full advantage of their staff and training.

Tracking of jobs and projects has become much better. Prior to AE, each individual tracked issues/projects on paper, white boards, etc. Now we all know what is going on at the same time - much better coordination with less effort.

Justin B.

"Bringing order to Chaos"

What do you like best?

The service provides the platform to capture all the important data that is needed in order to manage your equipment properly.

What do you dislike?

The toughest part is getting your maintenance cycle started. Specifically capturing all the data and getting it entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know your work load when it comes to data entry.

My focus is on asset management, the benefit has been the organization I have for all the equipment which provides preventative maintenance management and equipment history.

Jason Y.

"school dude"

What do you like best?

It makes it easier for our teachers in the county to put calls in.

What do you dislike?

The mobile site is not the best. Makes you log in everytime.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is good for IT users in school systems

It helps our teachers put IT calls in

"Good Software for a Maintenance Department"

What do you like best?

The software is good a tracking work request and work orders. It provides an easy way to keep up with projects.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is new and needs continued refinement. It is a nice feature but has a few bugs.

We are using the software to keep track of our PM schedules. In addition we are tracking our work orders to understand how often our technicians have to repetitively repair our machines.

Kim S.

"School Dude"

What do you like best?

Centralized records for scheduling maintenance, facilities usage and work orders. Helps with timeline management.

What do you dislike?

Difficult managing schedule changes. Need to cancel and resubmit. Need to have an edit or change functionality that is easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure users and administrators are trained to take full advantage of the options of the software. Report options are great- make full use of these.

Managing facility usage across the school district . Gave of line of sight to all facilities. Ease of tracking work orders

Randy M.

"Schooldude is reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the easy of use for our end users. The other great feature is that it is web based and can be accessed from any where

What do you dislike?

there is not much do dislike but if I have to pick one thing it would be you can't customize some parts of it to your facility

It system helps track work orders and provides quicker response time. It helps us manage man power also.

Learning about Asset Essentials?

* We monitor all Asset Essentials reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.