UpKeep

UpKeep is a mobile and desktop applications that helps streamline the work flow process so the team knows exactly what to do and when - resulting in reduced cost and increased uptime for your assets.

Work for UpKeep?

Learning about UpKeep?

Categories

Compare UpKeep to Similar Solutions

UpKeep Reviews

Ask UpKeep a Question
Showing 118 UpKeep reviews
UpKeep review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"User Friendly software! "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, have tried other CMMS software but UpKeep is by far the easiest to use.

App functions, support is helpful. Easy to get the techs using and on board even with no one commencing training as of yet. Ease of requesting is great! no training required for the requester. When we role out the stores and PM phase soon, this will be great for our business!

What do you dislike?

Few little teething issues that we are working through, nothing really disliked at all!

Customizing to suit out needs would be good if we had the option. Would like more control of what different users can do, and be able to export more reporting straight to a graphs. The reporting will be a massive part of this system for us, so the more customization with this feature the better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work through it, ask questions, everything is pretty straight forward.

Tech accountability, delegation of work onto the techs with ease, reporting the techs time to different categories! Data from common problems which we will use for PM's next phase!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about UpKeep
UpKeep review by Crockett B.
Crockett B.

"Upkeep will benifit your company."

What do you like best?

I have used a few different CMMS platforms and really like what Upkeep offers. It helps keep work orders organized and helps productivity here. I also like that people can submit a request and I can get them entered quicker, which means that more work is able to be done. I also appreciate the rapid response from the Upkeep team when I have a question. The response is usually within a few minutes but not longer than an hour. I also like that I can run reports to see how long a task is taking and how much it costs us to do on our own verses hireing someone else to do it.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a plan between professional and the business plans. The jump in price between thest two plans is significant, and I wish there could added features for a smaller jump in price but still offer the buisness plan if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on the different companies but for the price, I think you will find that Upkeep is a great value.

I have been able to get all my assets and vendors in one place, and have a record of the work that has been accomplished in the different locations. This has also helped me track the age of my assets so that I know if something needs to be replaced. I am able to plan out a preventitive maintenance plan.

What CMMS solution do you use?

UpKeep review by Edgar S.
Edgar S.

"Programming and management of tasks and equipment"

What do you like best?

File tracking helps to locate and analyze the different documents and relevant information that has been entered into the system.

The programming of the time of the teams is very useful to check how the execution of the tasks is going and whether or not they are fulfilling the objectives that had been proposed previously.

Late work orders are also very useful, as they serve to check for possible errors or failures, which helps to investigate the causes of these problems and work to find a future solution that will help us to be more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the way of generating invoices within the software could be simplified and improved, so that it would be easier to do and also be managed in a more efficient way.

On occasion we have had some error when receiving notifications, since repeated notifications have been received on the same task, but it is not something that usually happens are temporary bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UpKeep helps to facilitate the maintenance and management of projects, at the same time as it allows assigning and checking the time and the changes made in the tasks. It is a good option for companies that want to better manage teamwork, tasks and their objectives.

Programming and tracking assets and work orders helps to have a great control over the objectives and tasks of the different teams that we have within our company. This helps to have a better structure and control over the work we are developing.

The ease of uploading images, files, repair manuals and other documents also helps us to better manage all the information related to one or several projects. These facilities also have an impact on us being able to get a more efficient job.

UpKeep review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"Such a time saver!"

What do you like best?

This app really organizes all of your assets and ability to track the production of your associates. All our needs are in one spot and can easily see what needs to be done every day. The mobile app is very user friendly and the ability to upload pictures very quickly makes our staff embrace this change.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Maybe some of the higher tier abilities available on the lower tier or being able to customize your package with certain things you will use and things you will not utilize. For example if I want to use the asset management and work order management only and not the employee productivity...maybe have options like that to keep me at a lower price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have trouble keeping track of what needs to get done, replacing things like air filters every 3 months, or just have a large operation to keep track of, this app is like hiring a full time 24/7 admin person. If you are on the fence, contact their team they are a pleasure to work with and will do what it takes to earn your business.

We have over 100 managers that were all sending in needs in every form you can think of, email, text, call, messages, notes, logs and emergency situations were always a 911. With this app we are able to set not only a preventative maintenance schedule, but when our techs come in they have a to do list with a priority ready to go from the minute they clock in. This has increased our efficiency by over 100% in my opinion.

UpKeep review by David D.
David D.

"Great for a small construction company"

What do you like best?

One of the biggest things that I like is working with the API. I have been using it to connect the app that I made for our concrete truck drivers to use to do their Pre/Post Trip inspections so that if they mark damage, it gets sent to UpKeep as a repair request. I also enjoy that it is fairly easy for people who are not tech-savvy to pick up on. This was our mechanic's first iPad and software solution for his work orders and he has been embracing it and frequently showing me new things that he has learned. The meters feature has been great for tracking mileage / hour meters / PTO. They also add new and enhanced features fairly frequently that are useful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how far behind the mobile apps (iOS and Android) compared to the website version, especially the Android version. It can be quite frustrating and I have my mechanic's iPad set up with a website shortcut because the mobile web version often works better or has a better version of a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, this is the one for you. Very easy onboarding.

A small business that has always used paper / Excel to track assets can now have that data accessible by anyone with access, anywhere. It is much easier to avoid redundant data & keep track of trending issues. We are now starting to implement new work order templates to help track fuses that keep blowing in the same models of concrete trucks. Also, our IT and Safety departments will soon integrate their assets into the same software. I can use Teams to help keep Maintenance only seeing their assets and IT seeing only theirs. We also have a much more realistic and cringe-worthy outlook on how many of our work orders are Reactive or Preventative. This has helped us find many weak spots and come up with ways to turn them into Preventative maintenance.

UpKeep review by Shane S.
Shane S.

"Really cool application. Very easy to use and full of useful features"

What do you like best?

Keeping track of inventory is very easy. You can attach photos for easy identification. We never really had any bad experiences using the application. I would have liked to move to a paid version, because the features that would come with a paid account seem to be very useful. We stuck with the free version, because the company purchased a different RP, but our maintenance department is still tracking inventory with this system. It is very easy to learn. I taught someone who had no computer experience to track inventory using this application.

What do you dislike?

We don't really have any complaints.We had a little glitch, I guess you could say, in which some data ended up in our account that we did not put there. But it was fixed as soon as we let the folks at UpKeep know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There are many features available to use for free. We still use the free version. If it were up to me, we would have moved to a paid version. Though, management as a whole decided to go a different option. We tried the free version and are still using it, because it allowed us to keep much better track of the maintenance department inventory. Eventually we will need to move our data to our ERP software, but I'll be sad to stop using UpKeep. It is very easy to learn to use.

Our inventory is better tracked, and we are keeping on top of reordering items much better.

UpKeep review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Great layout, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I currently work for a building management company. I love this program because of The fact that you can assign jobs to certain people, be able to organize it according to priority, date modified, or who the task is assigned to. When I own my own business one day, I plan to use Upkeep for my employees, because I can track their time and review employee performance. This program also allows me to do accounting and inventory easier as I can see how often a certain part is required on the job.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to edit someone else’s work order that they created. Just have an edit history tab so that you can see who tinkered around with the work order

Efficiency and organization

UpKeep review by Ken R.
Ken R.

"Fast, simple implementation and wonderful customer support!"

What do you like best?

UpKeep support is awesome! The team is always willing to answer questions and provide custom documentation to explain a solution. The mobile-based platform is simple to use, and is straightforward enough to train the associate with even the most rudimentary computer skills.

What do you dislike?

Limited capacity in some areas, but they are always open to suggestions! We're looking forward to seeing what UpKeep has in store for 2019 in terms of expanded features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The mobile app is excellent, and any limitations within the app can be overcome by using the site in a mobile browser. Overall implementation is a breeze when a resource can be dedicated as your UpKeep guru.

Work order and asset management in one platform, coordinating assets across multiple departments, request portal, emails automatically opening requests, updates being sent to requestors regarding their requests.

UpKeep review by Jason W P.
Jason W P.

"Very adaptive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Asset tracking and parts inventory along with other powerful aspects to the system

What do you dislike?

For a small non-profit there isn't much to dislike about the software.

I would like to have a Condo management version that allows for easy billing and custom setup for a community that allows for sales of Pool keys and tracking of those types sales without needing to upgrade again to a level that would only make since to skip over the next level and move on to total property management systems that handle everything and lose the asset and inventory tracking along the way. There isn't a system that works well for both

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to anyone with Maintenance issues that is not a Huge Plant with thousands of motors and need for CAD drawings.

This is the most effortless system I have tested out of a couple dozen solutions looked at for a property management/task management system that has everything you need to keep up with everything

Accountability and backlog of important issues that can be revisited easily to prioritize each

UpKeep review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"User friendly, and well put together software!"

What do you like best?

I really like how it's set up and just how user friendly it is! I also like how you are able to use this software across multiple areas. Makes it easier to assign work to different buildings or areas of your worksite. Also, the customer service they provide is top notch! They respond to questions or concerns in an extremely timely manner! I have not had any major issues and when I do have a minor issue they have a fix quickly!

What do you dislike?

If I am being completely honest at this point in time I haven't really found anything I dislike about UpKeep! So far everything I've needed it to do it has done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must Have!! It's easy and user friendly! Also, the customer service is top notch and they respond quickly!

Helps organize preventive maintenance measures, helps organize your team for work orders, allows people to submit maintenance requests. It has helped us get better across the office all be on the same page with tasks and repairs that need to be done. They know when the request is approved, on hold, in progress, or completed. Takes all of the guess work out and allows a smooth and seamless process. Also, it easy to implement at my facilities. Having an easy software to roll out makes it extremely easy with your staff! The biggest help is having it in the app store. This allows user to walk around with it and take pictures of issues and attach them to work orders so the people repairing can see the issue at hand without question. Also, with that you can do it on the spot and not have to wait until you get back to your desktop and bu then completely forgot about it!

UpKeep review by Tobias M.
Tobias M.

"Great overall application "

What do you like best?

Helps organize tasks that need to be done. Much easier then having stacks of work orders or having reminders written down on a calendar. The upkeep team respond very quickly when I need help if needed.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs, but the upkeep team fixes issues about as fast as you find them. Sometimes things aren't where I think they should be for ease of use. But I do realize this may not be the case for every individual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask questions to the upkeep team. They are very helpful and quick to respond.

Recurring maintenance, and keeping work orders organized. I have noticed that this product keeps everyone in the facility held accountable as there is no way to to hide what you are doing. Keeps people honest.

UpKeep review by Martin G.
Martin G.

"Best web based software available"

What do you like best?

Being able to have non-users submit maintenance request through a portal is very helpful when the maintenance team is off working.

What do you dislike?

So far only issue I have seen is inventory control. When you find a cheaper price and log the new inventory it sets everything in inventory to that new lower price and not keeping track of higher cost inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to log into a web-based system as well as through an app for your smart phone to view, edit and create work orders your self or having other users request a work order through a portal makes life a lot simpler.

Having this software has made keeping track of our day to day maintenance issues a breeze. Especially when it comes to having OPS meeting with the Board to show what hours are spent on maintenance as well as costs.

UpKeep review by luis g.
luis g.

" Functional and organized"

What do you like best?

It is a system that carries a good control, and follow-up in detail of the corrective or preventive maintenance. You can create several maintenance levels for equipment, costs and inventory control. It is friendly to search for information and has appropriate filters to categorize the search

What do you dislike?

The feedback of work realization, do not generate actions, and you must enter each order to know if it is pending or how the work is going. These actions that are pending, should have link to the works associated with that main order. You should also suggest a routine for scheduled maintenance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a really maintenance Control Solution

Check the work done by the maintenance unit, check the work done.

UpKeep review by Administrator

"UpKeep "keeps" you organized!"

What do you like best?

I like that UpKeep allows you to stay informed with work order updates at the touch of a bottom from your desktop or mobile device. Upkeep does a great job at allowing coworkers in the office to stay in touch with the ones in the field.

What do you dislike?

I wish UpKeep could communicate with Yardi, or Microsoft Office, in some fashion or another in order to automatically set-up or transfer information related to all our commercial properties such as tenant names, location, suite numbers, square footage, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay on top of your workers orders by updating maintenance issues and vendor progress while onsite at a property using your mobile device instead of waiting to update everything on the desktop at home or the office.

UpKeep allows us to visit a premises and create/update work orders on the go in real time for all our maintenance issues, tenant compliance violations, and construction progress reports.

UpKeep review by Sammy F.
Sammy F.

"I love Upkeep!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. Within 5 minutes I'd figured out where everything was and how to use it!

What do you dislike?

The only downside we've found is the cost of upgrading. We need a lot of users which makes upgrading expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it. I've tried a few other options out there and nothing compares to UpKeep,

We've saved a lot of time and confusion using UpKeep. We used to send out all our jobs and updates via email. But as the business has grown this has led to a mass of emails and information getting lost. With UpKeep we can keep everyone updated all in the one place.

UpKeep review by Barry G.
Barry G.

"Up Keep chnaged how we manage Facities management"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Up keep is how it manages the flow of communication between out technician and our repair teams.

The second thing I like is the organization of equipment/Assets. The apps ability to retain all data on repair and preventative care within Up keep.

Lastly is their support team. They have your back!

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything to dislike. You can utilize all of Up Keep potential or you can custo,ize forms and make Up Keep work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

tRY THE FREE TRIAL.

We have solved communications issues. No more e mail, voice mails and texts.

We are completing tasks a nearly double the time before Up Keep.

Creating historical data that is easily accusable

UpKeep review by User

"Appreciate the possibilities of the App!"

What do you like best?

The ability to have a mobile work orders

What do you dislike?

There are fees to add more admins to acc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app has a lot of potential. We were using it for a year or more and didn't do the research to learn of all the potential. We are not using more features and continue to love it! Customer services is great, so reach out to them with questions or concerns!

We struggled with a paper system of work orders because you had to go to the office to see what was needing to be done. Now with UpKeep we are able to add work order needs and they can be seem from anywhere on campus or off campus. Helps us operate more efficiently. We recently learned that you can track maintenance, keep materials lists, and much more and are excited to try these features out.

UpKeep review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Up and coming company in the digital age."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to assign barcodes to my parts, and easily manage my work orders on site and off. We have had excellent customer service so far with any parts of the process that are confusing, and their weekly webinars are extremely informative.

What do you dislike?

The company is still in their infancy, and do not have a lot of features just yet, though new ones are being added often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any questions, just ask. Their customer service is top notch.

UpKeep review by John C.
John C.

"Good Value in General"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive nature of the application as well as how it works well between the web and handheld phones. My service crews are not tech phone users, but can make this work from up in a bucket truck or down in a manhole.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting capabilities. I can't print what I want without using csv, and massaging the data or writing a macro to do that. Then it's inflexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your reporting needs, and consider standard language for the initial tag of the work orders.

We are gaining a trackability and accountability in a small town where none was before, and we are able to see trends as well as mine data for disasters a little better.

UpKeep review by Taylor W.
Taylor W.

"Good program just wish it had some better features"

What do you like best?

Great for starting inventory program and keeping track of where your fleet is.

What do you dislike?

To many changes that may be good to some but not to everyone. I wish they had the ability to change some features or add requests but when asked to do something I am told that it will be brought up to the team and then I don't hear about it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to its fullest to make sure it is right for you

Lost or unused inventory was a problem before my team started using Upkeep, we have saved lots of time and money after getting a proper system set up

UpKeep review by Nathan H.
Nathan H.

"Easy to use app for tracking repair and maintenance."

What do you like best?

Workflow is logical and web based porthole for requesting repairs is very good for remote workers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better pricing for more users. I could use a few more users, but their use is way to light to pay the full amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free to try. You should be able to review it and test it online. I compared it to a few others and found this solution fit my needs best.

We are keeping online records of all repair and maintenance of our equipment. We can research current issue by reviewing past records much faster than we have in the past.

UpKeep review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Organization and Productivity solutions"

What do you like best?

Productivity - Upkeep has an easy to use product that allows me as a manager, direct the workflow of my maintenance crew. Their product allows a variety of ways to view, filter and schedule work tickets for our multiple facilities. With real time updating I can see the work tickets as they are completed, and address issues that come up along the way.

Organization - UpKeep has a great system for monitoring assets and inventory. I am able to track mileage on vehicles to keep in touch with scheduled maintenance of the fleet. Other assets such as elevators and HVAC equipment, I am able to schedule preventative maintenance and inspections to avoid costly repair bills. Inventory is easy to monitor so I can keep track of costs to maintain budget levels.

What do you dislike?

While their system is multiple platforms (IOS, Android and PC) the PC integration is somewhat clunk. As the program is still relatively new I look forward to features that can speed the process of assigning work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obviously do your own research. UpKeep has great features that are great for our situation. Many of their features are able to be applied in many formats with preset business types. their customer service is good, with online chat support as well as training conferences.

Before using UpKeep, I used spreadsheets and manual forms of assigning work and keeping track of inventories. These tools required a lot of manual input of data as well as following up on the completed work. UpKeep frees up time and allows me to be out in the field in more productive ways.

UpKeep review by Karim E.
Karim E.

"Upkeep simplifies your day to day works"

What do you like best?

1) Great way to get work request, and follow up on

2) KPI system is really helpful

3) everything is well organized

4) keeps track of our preventive maintenance schedules

5) provides a real time feedback to the requester that keeps him up to date

) and a lot more as it really has the solution you need for your facilities

What do you dislike?

the only thing i dislike is the chat app included it should be really well done so that we can rely on it more than whats app or other apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

this product has created a new vision and helped us improve downtime and increase our logging from 60 per month to around 140 or more and that shows how much work has been completed. Yes! this product is a must have in our field of work

Maintenance, Security, and Cleaning

getting it integrated in all Facility related aspects

UpKeep review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Bringing new ideas and features to the Preventive Maintenance Software industry"

What do you like best?

This is a very intuitive software, easy to use. We finally can connect our employees in the field with up to date work assignments.

What do you dislike?

Because this is a new company/app, there are some items that break sometimes. Some needed features have not been added yet - but I will say that their customer service is great and they add many of the requested features eventually.

We are able to assign work orders as our employees are working in the field. We can quickly move employees to new tasks. Approving POs is quick and easy. We are taking advantage of newer technologies that were not available to us before UpKeep.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Upkeep has saved me hours of searching by allowing me to implement my PM's, service requests, and inventory in an easy to use format. Instead of digging through paper work I can now just search on my laptop and find the item I'm looking for. Customer service had done nothing but bend over backwards to make sure I have everything I need and to make sure that I understand how to use their software.

What do you dislike?

So far the only thing I'm not liking is that I didn't find this software sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them for a free trial and you will see exactly why you should be using this software.

Keeping up with my PM's has been so much easier and hassle free. I realized that I should've been using a CMMS way sooner. After playing around with a few of them UpKeep was way ahead of everybody else. I like being able to use my phone to not only look at my assets but to be able to loo at the manuals for those assets when I need to saving my team time.

UpKeep review by Candice H.
Candice H.

"Cost affective and easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

This app is very user friendly and easy for anyone to navigate. We have gentlemen from the Greatest Generation using it with no issues! Our maintenance department runs more efficiently since we started using it a year ago. The dashboard and filter are very user friendly as well as the inventory tracker. I can't even calculate the time I have saved using this app. Our department runs smoothly and efficiently and a huge part of that is from using this app. I couldn't be happier with it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing i would change is the recurring work orders. I would be able to set a timer/alarm and tell the work order when to show up on the tech's work orders. We have a lot of state inspections here and if something is set up to be done quarterly or annually it would be great to be able to tell the recurring order when to show up, like an alarm function. That's really not a complaint, it's a wish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

The number one benefit I have seen, and there are many, is our customer service. The app gives me the ability to answer any question our customers have about their work order.

UpKeep review by Katie K.
Katie K.

"Easy!"

What do you like best?

This system is the easiest we have tried so far and we have tried MANY. All of my maintenance staff can easily navigate without asking me a million questions :)

What do you dislike?

I wish we could incorporate more than just work orders in here- ie, directories, PM, memos, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy set up, reach out to set up a walk through first though will eliminate questions. I didn't do that and did teh implementation and entering myself, was not difficult at all but if I had reached out first I would have saved myself some time and questions.

Work order tracking- tenant reporting. I used to have to manually email tenants updates on their work orders now I dont have to. Huge time savings.

UpKeep review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Upkeep for Care Homes"

What do you like best?

To be able to control and react to work orders that are requested by our group of homes. This allows minimum down time which enables us to maintain the high quality service to our residents.

What do you dislike?

When an update is added by our service team, this information is not seen by the requester. This causes constant email and telephone down time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a business that wants to keep track and have an audit trail of work flow then this is it, easy setup great friendly and helpful team to get you on track

Time saving and reaction time. With the information that is gathered from using upkeep we can track the team's progress and present real time data to the board every month.

UpKeep review by Jimmy B.
Jimmy B.

"UpKeep is the future of computerized maintenance management systems "

What do you like best?

User friendly!! I've worked with Maximo, JD Edwards, SAP, and excel file after excel file with handheld attempted tie-ons for each. UpKeep is completely unmatched with any of those systems. The hardest part to drive reliability centered maintenance initiatives is the change management. With how user friendly UpKeep is, change management becomes a very small issue.

What do you dislike?

Management level reporting can improve, but the UpKeep team is always ready to make improvements as opportunities are brought up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and you'll be sold on it.

Work identification, planning, scheduling, work execution, pm tracking, equipment history, and then some. We are finally gaining to reliable work practices.

UpKeep review by Tracy R.
Tracy R.

"UpKeep is a great way to keep up with our physical plant needs!"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive and detailed, UpKeep's organization and user-friendliness make it ideal for all stakeholders to help our facility running in tiptop shape. UpKeep provides a variety of filtering options and work assigning capabilities that make it very flexible to use. The ability to assign locations and track information on assets within locations makes it a great tool to use for historical record keeping. The request portal is fabulous for communication within our organization.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to be able to message other users within UpKeep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait, do a trial run, then implement it!

Using UpKeep has allowed a variety of users to stay on the same page with the status and needs of our facility.

UpKeep review by Wesley H.
Wesley H.

"Quick! & Easy!"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to set up and has one of the most user friendly interfaces of all the programs I've tried. We've had several non-tech savvy people pick up the program and use it on their first try with no training.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing structure was a little different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried several other systems, but kept coming back to UpKeep because it can actually save you time, money, and headache. Other systems were just too robust and required hours of administrative nonsense every day.

I can sleep easier at night knowing that I don't have to remember every little thing that needs to be done. I've got it recorded in the system now.

UpKeep review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"very useful tool "

What do you like best?

i absolutely love this software it is user friendly and very easy to use. calendar work order updates. i love how it reminds me that we have low inventory parts

What do you dislike?

battery usage on mobile app drains my bateery on my phone much too fast.

i do not like the fact that when some one else makes an asset, i can not edit it . it tells me that only the person that created it can edit it. this makes my job that much harder considering i am a technical user and the person that created it is just a admin user

Recommendations to others considering the product

fix app battery usage. it drians my battery too fast

inventory and maintenance

"Keeping us organized"

What do you like best?

The individual task items. It's great to be able to have drop downs and photos for each item.

What do you dislike?

Premium features are too costly. They are targeted towards large companies but should be made available to all. I wish there was more customization of fields. There are too many fields that we don't use and I'd like to be able to turn them off.

We also need to be able to assign individual tasks to different people. When we do assign to people, there is no report to pull those work orders with sub-task assignments!?

There also needs to be a way to log time from different users so different billing rates can be used.

I want a way to have open task items to get moved to the top of the work order

I would like pastdue work orders to get moved (or have a prompt pop up) to move them to the current day

We are able to track statuses of individual items on a large project better than our previous solution. We're also tracking time and materials better because of it.

UpKeep review by David L.
David L.

"The best CMMS in a crowded field."

What do you like best?

UpKeep software stands out because of its ease of use and intuitive interface. This is the best solution that we have found to track assets and work orders.

What do you dislike?

There is literally nothing that we dislike about the software. Moving from Excel spreadsheets for tracking, UpKeep is an absolute joy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unsure of what CMMS software to go for, head over to UpKeep and you won't be disappointed.

Primarily asset tracking and maintenance tasks, but we are now finding new ways in which the software can integrate into the company.

"Such a great system!"

What do you like best?

The variety of features that allow for tracking, data output, and asset management. The flexibility it offers for work orders is just fantastic - being able to add photos has dramatically improved our capacity to report and respond to maintenance issues in our building. The capacity to track the usage of equipment is critically important as we utilize a large variety of lifespan-dependent equipment that needs down to the hour monitoring. Additionally, being able to output our data allows us to better prioritize where we spend money in the future to upgrade spaces and equipment, which would be near-impossible to do without UpKep.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot to take in initially, especially if you are jumping in as a manager to a preset and running system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an incredibly helpful and versatile system that I highly recommened

We had troubles managing inventory and tasks across a team of 100+ employees and assets lists ranging into the thousands. We originally used a variety of shared spreadsheets and word documents, but it was so easy to not be looking at the most recent one, or not have the proper information listed, for for accountability to be lost due to everyone using similarly powered account logins. Being able to track all of that in one system that allow for such detailed descriptions and updates has helped greatly. Accountability has gone up, successful maintenance operations are rising, and it is all tracked in away that makes it simple to report these successes to supervisors.

UpKeep review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great tool to promote improvement within the workplace "

What do you like best?

It's easy to track issues and how long it takes to fix them. It also gives me a way to hold employees accountable.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a more defined way of entering what the problem was at time of closing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that it's important to not only implement but enforce the use of the program. It's biggest benefit is when it is at full capacity. The more you use it (for both big and small items) the more help it will be in the future when needing to look issues up to see the fix. Lastly I would strongly encourage a summary of what caused the problem and how to fix it before closing a ticket. This gives a resource to someone who may run into the problem in the future.

We are using upkeep for both mechanical and safety issues. This allows us to hold employees accountable for reporting the issues as well as maintenance for reacting to the issues. It's also helped us to become proactive instead of reactive.

UpKeep review by User

"This app has good potential for a smaller independant service company"

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to natory/information on the work order. vigate through the menu items and is pretty easy to use with minmal directions. I like the ability to make notes that are attached to the work orders so if a different tech came out as a follow up or to finish up an order they would have some easily accessible his

What do you dislike?

The inventory section has some potential,but still needs some work and there needs to be a place to doucument parts and supplies cost, without using the inventory section. Often times you have to order parts in as a smaller company and you want to be able to track these costs and associate them with a specific work order for accounting purposes.

This is a way I can build groups that see the status of their work oprders and keep all this information at my fingertips.

UpKeep review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Essay way to follow up with our team and complete the task on time

What do you dislike?

Nothing here for dislike in my opinion .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has any issues with, time management, inventory, or Work Orders than UpKeep is exactly what you need to keep things together.

Many problem we are solving with upkeep like essay to assist job with team and complete on the time cost of over working out of town

UpKeep review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Upkeep app for my company "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and very reliable. It has many features that make it extremely useful

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. It has been a good experience. It is what I expected.

The main issue that I am able to solve is that I do not have to have telephone contact with my staff on every work order and I am able to track the progress of each members work.

UpKeep review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Great CMMS solution for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Being able to add assets and create work orders is helping everyone stay on task and make sure everything is completed. The work order history helps us know if we are having reoccurring problems.

What do you dislike?

some features need to be a little more polished but Upkeep has great customer support and is constantly working on improving the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform for small businesses to organize their tasks and inventory. I use mainly for the work orders and assets management to keep track of repairs and work preformed on our assets.

Keeping track of Inventory

Keeping track of Assets

Making sure everyone is on the same page

Making sure everyone is working on individual tasks

UpKeep review by Brandon  P.
Brandon P.

"Works good "

What do you like best?

It's nice to see what is being worked on and the progress that has been made. It's also valuable to be able to request a work order

What do you dislike?

I haven't used this product long enough to find a dislike

We are able to keep better track of when our equipment is being worked on. Again, it's nice to see the progress of our equipment being worked on

"Solutions not problems"

What do you like best?

UpKeep has streamlined our work order processes and asset controls. I LOVE the reporting, look forward to future updates.

What do you dislike?

Always online requirement mean that sometime in remote locations data is lost. Bar-code scanning could be a little quicker.

Wish there was a better option for storing and tracking invoicing within UpKeep - not a major problem but it is a bit tedious entering hourly rates for techs each time.

We have improved all areas of our facilities maintenance order flow, preventative maintenance scheduling, audit reporting, asset management and we look forward to adding inventory and purchasing flows to our account.

The cloud based system makes installation a breeze. The apps are great and our techs are finding implementation easier than initially envisaged.

UpKeep review by Ricardo T.
Ricardo T.

"Great for organizing maintenance. "

What do you like best?

Upkeeps helps us keep track of which equipment is at which location. Also allows us to keep track of persistent problems at stores

What do you dislike?

There is no longer a map that shows the store location. This used to be very useful but is now gone.

We can now go back and see what work we've done at certain stores instead of relying on memory of the techs.

UpKeep review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"So easy to use for maintenance team and college users"

What do you like best?

The clean interface that requires so few clicks to request and create a work order

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the software package that we don't like

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple, easy to implement, no fuss maintenance management tool that users will love, give it a try!

The Estates team used to spend all day on the phone taking minor maintenance requests and complete spreadsheets of work for the next day. Now all users submit requests online and it can be approved and with a maintenance team member in seconds and users can track their requests progress.

UpKeep review by Tyler T.
Tyler T.

"Awesome Program"

What do you like best?

I like the system for notifying coworkers when they request work-orders and I close projects, keeping them up-to-date during the prosses.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like they way projects are organized right now, I'm not a huge fan of tagging and there's no way to categorize projects into folders.

I use it as a facility manager at a church, UpKeep allows other staff members to notify me efficiently so I can fix anything they need.

UpKeep review by Administrator

"Seamless mobile to computer service management system"

What do you like best?

The fact that everything can be done seamlessly from computer to mobile and vice versa. Lots of feature, evolving much faster than traditionnal cmms

What do you dislike?

Cost can go up quick depending on number of licenses needed. Some features could be on middle tiers but are deemed first tiers

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy to implemtn and user friendly interface

helping our customer with better service, follow up and preventative mainteance. Dispatching is also improved as well as troubleshooting since resources and helpful information can be dispatched to the techs within the app. No paper work to be lost

UpKeep review by Daniel (Dan) M.
Daniel (Dan) M.

"Tracking maintenance made easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. User friendly, just fill in the blanks and presto, done.

What do you dislike?

Not anything to dislike. I can’t think of anything that was left out. We’ll put together program

Ease of tracking and planning preventative maintenance. No more paperwork. All electronic no lag time. All real time entry by users. Terrific product and highly recommend.

UpKeep review by Rachael E.
Rachael E.

"Great Way to Log Jobs for Maintenance"

What do you like best?

I like that I can be directly notified when maintenance has completed a job.

What do you dislike?

I can;t see past work orders once they ahve been completed. I would also like to be able to have the different work orders listed in property order in A to Z so that it is easy to find jobs that we have requested to be completed.

It is easier to track jobs that have been requested and competed.

UpKeep review by Administrator

"Good program for work orders"

What do you like best?

It's simplicity and automatic notifications to staff who input work orders. That it is mobile friendly and not overly complicated for workers to use.

What do you dislike?

Some parts are not refined. Some of the reports lack customization. Also there are some quirky things like when a worker checks into a job, it sometimes shows up as someone else and you have click into the updates to find out who is actually on the job.

Our old system was painful to use, so it wasn't getting used effectively. The new system allows us to spend less time on the administrative side of a work order system and more time on the actual work.

UpKeep review by James A.
James A.

"Easy to use Usemm"

What do you like best?

User friendly and clear very easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing no I

Improvements I can see needed as yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what the needs of your system are before you start implementing. once you have the basics of the process down then you can streamline the implementation of the software.

Keeping the whole team updated easily

Learning about UpKeep?

* We monitor all UpKeep reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories