UpKeep Reviews & Product Details

UpKeep Overview

What is UpKeep?

UpKeep's CMMS is a modern maintenance and asset management solution for your team. From your desktop to your phone and even your tablet, UpKeep is easily accessible from anywhere at any time. Create work orders on-the-go, get notifications when tasks are updated, and receive alerts straight from your app when assets go down making your business run more efficiently than ever before. UpKeep offers core maintenance functionality, such as asset, inventory and work order management and preventive maintenance to create service schedules. Users can see a tasks overview page showing upcoming work along with due dates, criticality and assets or workers assigned to each. When adding new tasks, users can include notes, a color-coded priority rating, images, assets and users. The mobile application gives users the ability to create projects, assign work orders, manage assets and more. UpKeep is designed for small to midsize companies across various industry verticals. UpKeep offers services on a monthly subscription basis that includes support via phone, email and through an online knowledge base.

UpKeep Details
Discussions
UpKeep Community
English, Spanish

UpKeep is a mobile and desktop applications that helps streamline the work flow process so the team knows exactly what to do and when - resulting in reduced cost and increased uptime for your assets.

UpKeep
2014
Los Angeles, CA
@OnUpKeep

UpKeep Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the UpKeep community
Have you used UpKeep before?

UpKeep Reviews

Showing 320 UpKeep reviews
Already have UpKeep?
Vice President Finance
What do you like best?

Very eay to use and roll out across our facilities. We have 34 locations and had no system prior to selecting UpKeep. REally easy to setup. We continue to add to the system utilitzing the full power of the system. The help chat is easy to use. It is very cost effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far we have found nothing that we dislike about UpKeep Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you haven't used a system before this is the system for you. Easy to use and set up you can start light and keep adding things that make it a very robust system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to UpKeep maintiance request were sent in email. It was impossible to trace. We have identified inventories at our facilities and we can track repairs on equipment and see if we need to replace. The system allows the requestor to see where their request is in the process. Our staff satisfaction has gone way up with the new system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Facilities Maintenance Technician
What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the reports function. Being able to easily categorize and track our workload has improved our productivity and helped us identify areas to implement changes. PLUS, the customer service has been amazing. Live chat is super handy, and I never have to wait at all to talk to someone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UpKeep is very feature heavy and some of the functions are not as intuitive as I'd like. It just took a little practice and mock runs to get up to speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works great for us. I recommend reaching out to UpKeep for sweet customization help. I was able to improve my presentations through their useful dashboards and help with customizing and organizing our data. UpKeep help is quick and has been reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reporting has always been difficult for us, but since we started using UpKeep, it's super simple to show data for myriad categories over any range of dates. We're using UpKeep to help us get a picture of what activities are taking how much time and which areas are requiring what percentage of our time and resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Chelsea Cho of UpKeep

Hi Brian!

Thank you so much for your honest feedback! We're glad to hear that you find our software versatile and useful. We're always striving to make our platform as smooth and easy-to-use as possible for you and all of our partners! If you would like additional help to learn all the features and functions in your plan, feel free to schedule a demo with us! We would love to help you unlock the full potential of UpKeep!

Thanks again and we're looking forward to keep working with you and your team! For any other questions, feel free to visit our support page at https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ or chat with us on our website!

What do you like best?

Upkeep makes managing my Preventative maintenance very easy. Particularly with the mobile version, and the creation and use of checklists means I can work through my maintenance with the aid of Upkeep with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have an android phone and smartwatch, I would love if Upkeep was available as an app on my android smartwatch. I know this is available already on apple smartwatch, so this upgrade from Upkeep would just be the icing on the cake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to get full insight, and full control of your maintenance needs, Upkeep is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to see in numbers, the decrease in reactive maintenance and breakdowns onsite as a result of the increase in Preventative maintenance. Upkeep also enables me to look at work order history, seek out problematic areas, and put together a plan of action to hopefully rectify and eliminate re-occurring breakdowns we have been having. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Secretary
What do you like best?

From inventory, work orders, assets to analytics and everything in between. All my info for work is in one place all nice, neat and organized. There is no need to run multiple programs at a time to complete any tasks. You can make this as detailed or as simple as you would like. You can use this for any field of work you are in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When first starting like any program, it does take time to input all the information need. Like locations, inventory and so forth. The time spent doing this is worth every second of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Upkeep have every thing for your business all in one locations. You can even upload your own files, make reports with it, check inventory and your work load all in one place. It is simple and easy to use. You will not regret choosing upkeep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of the problems we have solved using this program is the tracking of assets that are costing money and time. With all the information in one place we are able to see the amount of time and money spent on the equipment. This allows us to make better decisions business wise with buys new equipment vs. fixing with more and more parts. We also can see first hand where are the money goes for better budget adjustments thru the year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior solar technician, Senior Authorised Person 33kv
What do you like best?

There are lots of options and different avenues to explore in upkeep. All our staff have the app and all find it very easy to use. You can pretty much mould the app to do what ever you like. This has really helped us with stock issues which are now linked to jobs and automatically tells us when more stock is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ive had some instances when i havent had 3g/4g and some of the info i have added to a work order has been lost and has not updated. Also a facilty to be able to upload more pictures to a work order at a time would be helpful for when adding lots of pictures to work orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stock keeping,lost hours,pricing of jobs, relevant evidnce of work thatcan then be used as an invoice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Manager
What do you like best?

Not only can I track everything going on in our facility and strategical execute planned projects. I can grow as a leader with plenty of resources through the maintenance community! It’s truly refreshing to have a user friendly system in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much here to say. Cost sometimes can seam like an obstacle. The resources available out weigh this hurtle. Besides there’s a plan for just about anyone. I owned a single seat use which suited me fine until now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hire out for data entry and collection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m keeping parts ordering in check and updates from my maintenance team is proving invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Automation Design and Manufacturing Engineer
What do you like best?

The app's ability to perform almost all (if not all) of the functions you use at the desktop. This is incredibly useful in staying on top of things, and being able to capture information when it's most convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having the PM modules still in beta mode. They are definitely lacking some features right now, but I understand they are working on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We just started a maintenance program where I work. We are small and lean, and the low entry cost of Upkeep has been a benefit for us. Even at the entry level however, it still delivers a lot of value for the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

How easily it is to get started documenting your processes and checklist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up assistance was lacking for me. I was not aware of the actual process/roadmap to achieve full usage of the system until later in my use of it. Vendors & Customers > People & Teams > Categories > Facility Locations > Assets > Meters > Settings > Parts/Inventory > Purchase Orders > Files > Request Portal. The Parts/Inventory template can assign assets, vendors, teams, and customer. However, you must utilize the ID given to it by the program first, hence the roadmap. Also, file size to be uploaded is maxed at 10MB, would be helpful to have larger files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most helpful is scheduling work that meets within our strict confines. We have a very small team for the facility, roughly 82,500 sq-ft per technician or 55,000 sq-ft per maintenance team member including myself. The ability to document the work on the go has lead to tremendous time savings. Also with the extra documented work we have dialed in on problems and created solutions. Seeing an RAV of 17% on one asset and 2% on another immediately lets us know we need to find solutions for that asset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Responsiveness of Upkeep staff in answering questions and tech support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app does seem a bit biased towards fleet owners or businesses with lots of there own equipment. Would benefit with features more useful to retail service providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increased efficiency of getting information from field service engineers to back to the office. Quickly enables recording of information and photos which are stored on the cloud for access anywhere or anytime.

Checklists are a good feature but I need to apply some time to this to utilise them better. Builds up a great database for all of my clients equipment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I like the visibility of open work orders and that everyone can see progress and issues real time. We have implemented inventory so that staff knows where when and where parts are available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One issue we have run into is that less tech savvy maintenance personnel require training upon initial implementation, but we have overcome that with supervision and guidance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Upkeep our team wasn't on the same page with regard to what maintenance items were outstanding, what was priority, and who was working on any individual item. Now we can see immediately what work needs to be done, who is best equipped to complete it, and what tools we have available to get it done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

how easliy i can open a work order, track an asset and check on my team work.

set PPMs and assign work order to my team at their areas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes and whenever i try to share a report with the clinet i cant share it via whatsapp unless i download the file into my phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i strongly recommend it to the medium and small companies, its all what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

never been late to PPM, monitoring my spare parts stock and checking my team work order and measuring their KPI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the analytics tab on Upkeep. Being able to track everything from maintenance history to monthly PM spending has been key to expediting budgets and justifying the replacement of older equipment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data input at the start was slow and tedious. At the same time, this process can be sped up if you have the information you want in upkeep already on a spreadsheet. Upload the spreadsheet and it will convert it over for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Itemized tracking of expenses, PM schedules, eliminating the need for pen and paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Residential Support
What do you like best?

UpKeep has been an answered prayer to our mission! Just make a note on what needs to be fixed and no need to worry with it again. Its repaired that day or the following day. The technicians are so kind and very tidy also! Definitely glad we use these guys!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ive not had a problem at all with UpKeep Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They take care of all of our maintenance needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

M
What do you like best?

I like that we can now keep track of all of our assets and setup work orders to maintain our GMP's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way my recurring work orders populate before they need done. It confused a couple of my guy and they completed work orders that weren't due yet. But i see you have made some changes in that area already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not really solving any problems, But we are now more efficient in our maintenance department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Facilities Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Logging a call or request wherever you are and sending the works instruction to the contractor from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only one meter reading per meter in a 24-hour cycle would prefer an am and pm entry to see the difference in usage during normal time and knight time (waste) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full control overall work.

Reference number and history on all work.

The strength of the exported reports and manipulation of the data to give you a full view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
What do you like best?

The ability to track progress and all items over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no ability to link requests together for multiple users. Sometimes we make requests for properties but in those instances they cannot see the tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking, accountability, and speed of tickets to be seen by techs. Customer communication has greatly improved as they send in tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Business Partner
What do you like best?

Upkeep is an easily accessible tool made for asset management and modern maintenance. The best part about this tool is that it is accessible on any device, it does not matter either you are on windows computer or MacBook or mobile or tablet. You can easily access it from your browser and use it to manage all your stuff. There are many features and functions to manage and organize your stuff, allowing new installations and implementations. Let us talk about the learning curve, well about that it not very complex tool. With just little effort, you can understand this tool totally. The mobile app is quite easy and simple to understand and has almost features that are in the PC version of the tool. The ability to track all the stuff that is going on in your assets is another thing that I personally liked too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, everything that has some good points also has a bad side. The tool overall is quite good and is made preciously to help out the users but it is not matured yet and the developers are supposed to work more on this tool to make it useful for more big of the organizations. The reporting system is good but there is no editing of reports feature available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The user interface is set to be very simple and easy to understand to help the users to understand the things better and make the better choices for their assets. There has been updates made in this tool to give better insights of the things and these updates are highly liked throughout the community of the users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

F
What do you like best?

We are a multiple facility operation with ongoing projects and improvements. Upkeep has helped

Me empower my

Team! They are on top of most

Work orders within minutes of submission. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The filters could be a little smoother to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinate technicians between locations. The overall efficiency is driven from the shop not the top! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Processor/ maintenance supervisor
What do you like best?

All the tools are thee, easy to use, it's very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, did not find anything to bring to attention Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Upkeep is off the bat , and ready to go, easy t use, has everything at your fingertips Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is helping me keeping things in order, maintenance and scheduling PM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How simple and user friendly Upkeep is to manage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects are too complicated if you want to create work orders to be on either an annual or bi-annual basis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving major communications issues with upkeep. By having all of my employees on upkeep, I am able to disseminate information easily. I'm also able to track trends machines that go down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is so easy and quick to send maintenance requests. Using Upkeep has made my job much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints at all. Upkeep has simplified my job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest Upkeep because it has simplified the communication problems my company had regarding maintenance issues. Now we just log on to Upkeep, click a couple buttons and our request is sent and maintenance issues are taken care of quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication issues regarding maintenance projects were solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy, the interface and layout of the pages are intuitive. The automated email system and the ability to look up your past issues are all a big plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't delete an attachment from the page once it is loaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this this does what I expected it to do well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to communicate to the landlord about issues we are having with the building and track the progress to resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I LOVE THAT IS ORGANIZED AND EASY TO USE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I DONT LIKE HOW THE USERS ARE PUT IT AND THEY CAN BE PUT IT MULTIPLE TIMES Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WE CAN SEE WHO IS DOING THEIR WORK ORDERS AND WHO IS FALLING BEHIND. ALSO WE ARE NOW ABLE TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES THINGS ARE MESSING UP AND PROBLEM SOLVE TO KEEP THEM RUNNING CORRECTLY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are quick in adding features and fixing bugs. The UI is very user friendly and hardly requires any training. You do not need to be a "user" to be able to add tickets.

There are a ton of features to organize and plan for installations/major maintenance.

I believe they will grow well with our company and fully expect all bugs and needed features will make it into the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bugs. There are still bugs here and there and that can hamper planning or reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Preventative maintenance, Records of Preventative maintenance by Assets for Audit purposes, and repair scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to track and assign work orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have no problems, the system is working as expected Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability for residents to go to the office to make a request for service and the have it show up on my phone in the app or in an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.