I believe some of the new changes introduced by SDL to Trados 2017/2019 don't work quite as expected or desired, perhaps. SDL needs to consider those of us who have extremely big (1,500,000+ TUs) translation memories. Also, I think that 16 GB of RAM memory being considered "optimal" is a bit ludicrous.
- While UpLift is great, updating extremely large translation memories takes DAYS, during which the software is completely at a standstill (luckily, I have 2 licenses, so I can use my other computer). My computer has 16 GB of RAM memory and Trados is set as a priority, so I know my computer is not what is causing this.
- MatchRepair takes so long to bring back a result that I had to turn it off. It's faster for me to edit that one word by hand. I didn't use it enough to know whether the results were accurate or not.
- Lookahead seems like a great idea, but it certainly does not work. While its purpose was to save time, when there are 2 segments and the newest one is a better match, it recalls the oldest one anyway. A complete waste of time, since I can't even find the newest one.
- Automatic alignment also takes too long. I have it turned off.
- Your priority right now should be a good translation memory EDITOR! It's ridiculous that we have to manually delete duplicated entries.
Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.