Gradelink

Gradelink

4.7

Easy-to-use software to help your school save time, improve enrollment and fulfill its mission

Work for Gradelink?

Learning about Gradelink?

Gradelink Reviews

Ask Gradelink a Question
Showing 177 Gradelink reviews
Stephen H.

"The right tool for the job! "

What do you like best?

I'm a furniture maker by trade! It was imperative for me to have the right tool for the job; they needed to be sharp, accurate and close by so that I could do my job effectively and efficiently.

I look at Gradelink as a continuation of that sentiment! My students' positive success is largely because I use the right tool for the job: Gradelink! It empowers them to better results, which equals success!

Gradelink gives students immediate feedback! I love the comments I can give on individual assignments.

What do you dislike?

That it's not connected to Google Classroom! This is going to have to be the next step for Gradelink's success! Empower teachers to do less work by having to input grades from Google Classroom into Gradelink!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having been in education for almost 20 years, there's nothing better than being able to grade students work and automatically populating and collating these into student report cards. It takes HOURS off my workload. It's an absolute joy to use.... and very simple too!

Having a split class of two different grades is painful when you only want to assign an assignment to one class and not have a separate course to split the class! Particularly when there are assignments that are the same for both classes, and there are some assignments that are basically the same but slightly different!

Catering for individual needs is also problematic in Gradelink!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Gradelink
Kevin G.

"Gradelink is the best SIS out there!"

What do you like best?

Gradelink is a simple to use product that will satisfy the needs of schools in all departments. Teachers will benefit from a sophisticated, yet simple to use grade book. Students and parents will easily be able to track assignments and see grades as well as teacher's web pages. Office staff will benefit from family and student records that are well-organized and useful for billing and communication.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of Gradelink work independently from one another which can be a bit confusing to understand. For example, if you enter prospects into the database and those students decide to enroll, that information does not carry over to the students side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Come up with a good migration plan during the summer and pay close attention to all the details so it is setup correctly. Train teachers and staff well and don't assume everyone understands what they are doing just because it seems simple.

Gradelink has become are school-wide database for all student and parent information. Teachers keep grade books and automatically create report cards. Office staff keeps track of all student demographic information as well as billing families and collecting payments. All admissions is handled in Gradelink including the enrollment and re-enrollment process.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Margaret W.

"Gradelink makes my life so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of quickly obtaining demographic information for a student, quick access to vaccination information, and the ability to view certain population groupings at one time. I also LOVE the Staff text blast feature!

What do you dislike?

I wish immunization requirements were pre-loaded for each state.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gradelink will condense your current record-keeping system to one clear and concise program that is user-friendly and reliable. Information can easily be populated in specific groupings for ease of viewing. Want to see just 2nd grade Math reports? Easy. How about the Jones children's vaccination records? Done. Junior High tardies? Two clicks and you're there. The communication blast feature is essential for reaching staff and parents! This is a great product for our smaller elementary school with 335 students, we have been completely satisfied with Gradelink thus far!

I have been able to condense several other methods of record keeping in to one concise site now! Attendance, medical info, demographic info, parent communication emails and text blasts, grades and teacher's reports, plus so much more...all in ONE place now, easily entered with a few clicks! We've experienced nothing but super-responsive tech support since switching back to Gradelink two years ago. Bravo!

Mandy M.

"Easiest grading system around!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of which I can enter grades, change weights on certain assignments in different glances, quickly get a report of what assignments my students are missing across all subjects, and an overview of their current grades!

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find anything I really dislike, with perhaps my least favorite section being the lesson planning section. It's a little overwhelming to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a product that is easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to share with your school parents, this is it. Gradelink has made grade entry and report card completion so much simpler and less time consuming!

I'm not sure about business problems, but the benefits are that our school parents can log in and see their students' missing assignments, grades, and upcoming school events.

Sarah D.

"Gradelink makes school administration easier! "

What do you like best?

I love how I can access/organize everything in one site: student information, medical info, classes, and communication.

What do you dislike?

In the SmartSend communication, I can select to email a student's parents (both of them), but it would be beneficial to be able to select one parent to email. (For example, instead of Jane Doe's parents, I can select Jane Doe's mother.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Gradelink to any school administrator. All student information, emergency info, staff info, grade books, and communication are in one place. It has greatly improved the productivity of our school office, and I don't know what we would do without it.

Communication is a big part of running a school. Before Gradelink, we used gmail contacts to keep track of everyone's emails and information, but updating and keeping track from year to year was never an easy task. Gradelink makes keeping track of everyone's contact information so easy and being able to send communication through the site is a giant plus.

Peter M.

"Fantastic product, Amazing customer service "

What do you like best?

From the very start (literally the first time I visited their website), I was treated like a valued customer by Gradelink. Any question I had was answered quickly, professionally, and personally. This continued when I started working with Mr. Axel Maldini, who personifies his title of Customer Success Manager. Working with him and Gradelink has been the very best customer service experience I have ever had. I thought customer service at Squarespace was the best but Gradelink really is in a league of its own. Axel responds to every email, question, or request with speed, courtesy, expertise, and care. He goes and find the answers and solutions you need to succeed. He is somehow always magically available, or that is how it seems. Frankly, this experience reminds me of how older generations would talk about the truly

personalized customer service that used to exist but I had never experienced before. Axel takes a true interest in my school and our success. He knows what we are aiming for and makes every effort to make it happen. When you contact a tech company you almost never get a straight answer or a practical answer or an answer that will solve your problem. Literally every single time I have asked Axel a question he has given a clear, efficient, and effective solution. He often includes several possible solutions, anticipating what may or may not work. There simply is no comparison available between Gradelink and other companies when it comes to high quality customer care. Gradelink is the very, very best. Thank you, Axel and Gradelink!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything right now. Perhaps after we've been using Gradelink for longer there might be something in the platform that we want to change but Gradelink seems so responsive to customer wants and needs that I don't anticipate any issues or problems that can't or won't be resolved within a very short period of time. It really is exceptional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gradelink is the right choice. Full support. Really. Everyone says full support but Gradelink actually gives you full support. You feel supported. They help with every issue. They are experts and understand the customer. Awesome.

We are implementing Gradelink at our school to improve overall efficiency and to streamline grading, lesson planning, and reporting.

Barbara A.

"Gradelink is extremely user friendly from an administrative and teacher standpoint."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is. I also like the very helpful technical support we receive as well as the training videos that are always available. It makes my job a lot more manageable when training new people to our school.

What do you dislike?

I Wish transcripts could be printed in groups (such as grade level) instead of having to print each individual student. At the end of the year when trying to get final transcripts to colleges OR getting information out for college applications, scholarships, etc., it would be a lot quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Call and talk to Gradelink. They are very helpful and answer your questions with ease. Also, call other schools that are using Gradelink. It really helps to get direct information from users. We did when we were looking for software and those that I spoke with really praised it and the customer service they received.

I am extremely happy with the parent/student interfaces. This allows parents to easily keep up with their children. I work with the administrative and teacher portals and the help I receive when needed is fantastic.

"Gradelink "

What do you like best?

Gradelink is easy to use and has all the information we need regarding students at our fingertips.

What do you dislike?

There are a few reports that we would like to be able to manipulate what data we export/download (EnrollMe & GPA & Scores report). Also it would be nice if when we email a class all of the teachers assigend to that class are automatically included in the email as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are a small school of around 150 students and this system works very well for keeping all of our student information in one secure place that can be accessed from any computer with internet service. It is a tremendous help to our school!!

Enrollment is much easier. Also, using the excel export we are able to create various forms in Word and then use the Excel spreadsheet to import into the mail merge documents. This makes getting all our emergency information into a readable form for classrooms and field trip purposes a breeze!!

Aaron H.

"Gradelink is a perfect system for my school. "

What do you like best?

Gradelink has a huge support staff and they are very willing to help! With any questions that arise, I always call or email and they get it taken care of.

What do you dislike?

I like being able to call or email Gradelink, but sometimes, it would be convenient if I could make the simple switch- adding graphics to my transcript or profile. They are very helpful though and get it taken care of in a very short time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! It is very easy to use and your students and parents alike will enjoy the features that Gradelink offer. In addition to the teacher tools, Gradelink hosts parents features that allows parents to see grades, assignments, and upcoming events. My school community has loved it!

Our school is required to have a student information system and Gradelink meets that need. The benefits that we have received have been huge! Parents enjoy being able to see the assignments for the students.

Marti J.

"Gradelink Review"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is wonderful! Most recently have worked with Mitch, but ALL the tech folks are awesome! I didn't grow up with computers, so they can be a challenge for me. The staff is most patient and helpful with all of my questions. As far as a business is concerned, the staff either can make it or breaks it. I would give them a 10!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the written explanations are a bit difficult. Brief bullet points would be helpful as far as directions are concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is my first experience with Grading software and it has been a good experience. I am feeling comfortable using it on a daily basis. It does not have all the "bells and whistles" that all of the others may have, but it meets my needs well. The support staff is wonderful and is available whenever I have a question

This is our first grading software and we have used it now for six years. It really helps the teachers not to have to do them by hand, although there is a learning curve initially.

Samantha S.

"Friendly and Helpful Experience"

What do you like best?

Mr. Axel Maldini was very friendly and helpful to answer all of my questions and solve the issue I was experiencing. He always got back to me in a timely manner, which was much appreciated, as our school was preparing for a big launch.

What do you dislike?

I wish that payments made in Gradelink via PaySimple would allow a drop-down menu of payment options. Because the only option for a description is to leave a comment in the memo line, there is much room for error and confusion. It can be hard to decipher what a parent has typed, whereas a drop down menu of options would be much clearer on the internal side. fdsa

Dan M.

"Great first year-five stars "

What do you like best?

This was our school's first year on Gradelink and we got positive reviews from parents, students, and staff. They appreciated how user friendly it was and the options available. Customer service was excellent and response time was very prompt. Tom was very helpful in answering our questions and demonstrating how to set up very aspects of the program. We would recommend Gradelink to others.

What do you dislike?

Did not have many complaints. It just took a little time to get use to a new program and all the elements that come with it. That was where customer service was helpful in leading us through theprocess.

The gradebook program was a considerable improvement over the program we used before it. It has made recording grades easier for teacher to post and for students/parents to check on.

Stephanie B.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

For me, the best part about gradelink is they are always working to improve their platform, and in terms of customer service, there is absolutely no one better!

What do you dislike?

I find the interfaces difficult sometimes, and it is not always intuitive. It is customizable, however, there is a lot of repetitive information input in order to get it to function the way you would like. Also, their lesson plans feature looked like a company we were with formerly - Planbook, but when you begin to use it, you notice the slight differences that can be problematic, such as printing a lesson or laying out your lesson plans to include your whole day (including break periods), etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you give yourself time to set up the necessary features, but take comfort in the fact that Gradelink support will help you in two seconds if you get stuck.

We have been able to integrate a lot of SIS into one place. I really love that I can log into one system for my gradebook, planbook, administration features, and billing.

Liz A.

"Great program for schools!"

What do you like best?

It does everything for you ! All you have to do is input the information. The quarterly billing cycles that you can do are very helpful. It does all the reports for you and allows you to adjust according to your needs. The inactive child can easily be reactivated and adjusted if needed. Overall the program is so complete and has so many great tools to make my job easier as a school secretary. Parent involvement is so easy too because you can give them a log in to access their child's account and see their progress and attendance. What else can I say we truly enjoy using the program here at our school and was recommended to us from other schools around the state! Great tech service too and friendly staff to answer any questions we might call and have. Always have video webinars that are easy to sign up for and so informative and helpful. Finance department is very helpful also with any questions we have had in the past about our account. The only thing is that you have to pay for the payment option for the parents to pay online through Gradelink. Which when used I bet makes it even better and easier to do the financial report. Instead of having to input all of it yourself, when they pay with a credit card.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more flexibility or variability with how the reports were created.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This will make running the office a lot easier. It has so many categories that help with being able to stay on top of all your work.

Less paperwork for the office in payments department!

Jenny S.

"Easy to use, easy to train new teachers on and great support from Gradelink staff. "

What do you like best?

I recently started using the Lesson plan function and I really like being able to access my lesson plans from any where as well as being able to upload files to a lesson for future use and the ability to add an assignment to the Gradesheet from the lesson plan (then I don't have to figure out what date the assignment will be given on or when it will be due). It also is easy to extend or bump lessons as needed (much nicer than erasing plans from a plan book when things don't go exactly as planned).

What do you dislike?

Within the lesson plans, one thing I would appreciate is the ability to block out non school days. This would help in planning to be able to block out vacations such that lesson plans would skip over those days. Another thing that would be helpful with in the lesson plan is that when a plan is bumped or extended, for the assignment due date to bump or extend as well. Once I start making changes to the lesson plans, the gradesheet doesn't update and it can be confusing for my students looking at assignment due dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Gradelink to another school looking for an online grading and information system.

Gradelink has made generating report cards and transcripts easy.

Jennifer B.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love the instant communication with parents and the ease of using this program. Parents can get instant access to grades. Parents can set up grade alerts to monitor student progress which reduces the need of the teacher to communicate low grades to parents. I can leave comments on individual assignments to make scoring clearer to parents. Clear communication means less hassle at report card time!

What do you dislike?

I haven't quite figured out the lesson plan part of gradelink yet. I don't like the fact that I cannot run a report card from my teacher profile. I have to log in with my admin login information to do so. I cannot have the same user name as a teacher and an admin for gradelink. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between my profiles without having to log out all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used other programs as a parent and I think that Gradelink is easier to understand from a parent perspective.

Parent communication is simple and effective with Gradelink. I like being able to see a bell curve with assignments; it's a good indication of how well I taught the material.

Kimba A.

"Easy for Both Teachers and Administration"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user-friendly interface of Gradelink. I was able to train my teachers how to use it in a matter of hours. As an administrator, I enjoy the use of the program. I am quickly able to see lesson plans, and log attendance when there is not enough time in the day to use paper and pencil or ordinary methods of keeping records. Grade link is also an easy way to add and remove students. My over all love of this program is the fact that it is web based (so I can use it anywhere) and very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not allow for you to use easy functions such as Copy and Paste from the mouse. You have to use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste lesson plans. There are some options that I would like to see available from creating transcripts and report cards. I would like to personalize what we put on the transcripts and report cards such as specific terms.

We are trying to manage a small school. Gradelink is easy to use--especially for our teachers who do not have computer experience. It allows for use to all work on a specific task at the same time to finish deadlines such as progress reports, attendance reports or report cards. This is the easiest system that we have used in management of our school due to the user-friendly interface.

Jennifer O.

"Gradelink is the One!"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use and has many features which other companies charge extra to use. The help feature is great and there are video tutorials which make it easy when learning a new facet of Gradelink. I also like that parents can link multiple children accounts together for ease of use when viewing their children's information such as grades, attendance, and discipline reports. The feature to change the site into Spanish is also well utilized by one third of our parent population.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about Gradelink. If I need something done with the data and can't find a place for it, I just call Gradelink and let them know. Once enough people have that suggestion, it becomes a reality. Most of the time, Gradelink makes improvements that I didn't even realize I needed. I highly recommend Gradelink to all of my principal friends.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not be disappointed. The best part is that if you have trouble, their customer service folks are the best! They are patient, informative and timely in their responses.

It is great that I can use it to communicate with families via Smartsend Pro. We use to use a separate company as our robo call tool, but now Smartsend Pro does that and more. We have well utilized the mass email and texting features. We also use the voice option for robo calls. The best part is that it pulls directly from our Gradelink data base, so I know it is using the most up to date information. Prior to Smartsend Pro, I had to maintain a separate data base of parent information. It never failed that when I needed to send out an important message, we had not gotten around to updating changed or new phone numbers.

Alison T.

"Wonderful Addition to our School"

What do you like best?

Gradelink is the first information system our school has had-what a wonderful tool! As Head of the Lower School, this system provides me with easy access to every student, family, and classroom. There are many useful components, and in our third year I feel that we are still discovering ways to use Gradelink. To have lesson plans, parent communication, family info, and grading all in one place has made my job much easier! Thank you, Gradelink!

What do you dislike?

In our short experience, we have struggled the most with feedback from parents about the Gradelink parent app. As a parent of a student myself, I find it much easier to log in on a desktop; however, if the app were more user friendly I think our parents would check things more frequently-making communication between home and school even easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use system for a great cost!

N/A

Anita S.

"Great communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to give both concise and detailed information in an electronic format. Without character limitations I am able to give a complete understanding as to why a student received a specific grade on an assignment in Wellness class that is based on my subjective reasoning.

What do you dislike?

The inability to merge report card comments by typing them in a stand alone entry point. Right now we have to add them to a dialogue box that other teachers are contributing to. It would be much better to be able to type the comments and then enter them so that they will appear in a narrative text box as opposed to all teachers using the same narrative box to put in comments.

I don't use GL for business related issues. I use it solely for Wellness/Fitness class.

UE
User in Education Management

"Gradelink"

What do you like best?

I like that I can organize everything in one place: student information, medical info, classes, and communication.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything right now. Gradelink is pretty responsive to what we need. I don't anticipate any issues and I imagine we will be with them for quite a few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up with Gradelink! You won't regret it. The tech support is bar none and very helpful and answer your questions with ease. Also, go call other schools who are using Gradelink - Its really helpful to get direct quotes from other users. We did when we were looking for software and those that I spoke with really praised it and the customer service they received.

Gradelink saves us time by allowing parents to easily keep connect with the kids and our school. I work with the administrative and teacher portals and the help I receive when needed is fantastic. We are now able to receive payments online, which has bee hugely helpful! We have also been able to track after school fees, hot lunch fees, attendance, and the list goes on!

Lisa D.

"Gradelink is an easy solution for grading"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for teachers to set up their classes and assignments. The video tutorials are nice to learn how to do something at your own pace. The staff is friendly and easy to contact when a problem arises. The built in email blast is a really nice feature that my staff likes. The fact that it is cloud-based makes it accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I do not care for the built in financial section. It is very basic and does the minimum requirements, but there are a lot of missing components. Additional modules can be purchased which may solve some of these problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend the program. My teachers like the classroom end of the program.

A grading and report card program. Tuition/Childcare tuition billing and accounts receivable. Student record storage.

Katie C.

"Does EVERYTHING I"ve needed it to so far!"

What do you like best?

Versatile, many ways to accomplish tasks. Quick and accessible from anywhere with a secure connection. It's been 4 years since I used a student management system, but this one is super easy to pick up, and the support is top-notch. There are training videos, there are tons of help articles, and the database is easily searchable. Asking for help is quick and easy, even though I haven't had to do it yet. I'm setting up for a school year, in it for hours a day, and have not had to reach out to support since I got access. Love love LOVE that I can filter in Gradelink then export practically anything to Excel to fold, twist, mutilate the data however I need.

What do you dislike?

Error message looks like I broke something. I honestly have not found any problem of real substance.

Student data management. I am able to find things so quickly! Help articles are extensive and I can find answers to my questions quickly. A few training videos and a solid help section, and I'm up and RUNNING. We liked that the sales call was "let me SHOW you what this can do" not a lot of babble about the benefits such as we experienced with other products. Set up was done within a week.

Dadrian R.

"Easy to use program with multiple functions"

What do you like best?

The easy to which you can move from screen to is great. Allows for different functions to be performed without having to have multiple programs.

What do you dislike?

Concluding semesters before some are ready to move into the next semester can cause some problems, but it isn't a deal breaker and I am sure this will be addressed in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gradelink is a great program and will just continue to get better as time allows for bugs to be worked out and other features added.

Gradelink allows us to do many different things and not have to learn multiple programs.

Keniqua B.

"Reliable, Responsive and Effective System for School Management & Organization"

What do you like best?

Reliability and Support is phenomenal! When I started off, everything was explained so well to me by Tyler. Later, Vince literally held my hand and got my school site up. He was exceptionally patient, easy to work with and responsive. Many times when I sent him an e-mail, it was at night - and he still responded or followed up with a call. I can not say enough about how solution-driven he is - I was completely blown away by the initiative that he took in creating opportunities for our school to solve problems that on the surface seemed difficult. As I got started with the actually implementing Gradelink, Axel was just as responsive and worked very fast to get us up and running. It seems to me that this company just has the best employees all around!

What do you dislike?

I have had no concerns that were not immediately addressed.

Communication - Faculty and Parents can communicate seamlessly because data is readily available and communication is streamlined via Gradelink software.

Improved Performance - Gradelink enables instructors and parents to determine if students are meeting established benchmarks, thus intervention is faster.

Organization - Teacher, Student and Parental Information is organized on one database. This organized system means that time is also saved because there are no physical files to search through.

Security & Reliability - The cloud-based system guarantees security of data and also we do not have to worry about a system "crashing" or data being lost or compromised. Gradelink handles everything for us.

Learn more about Gradelink

Gradelink Videos

Learning about Gradelink?

* We monitor all Gradelink reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.