Launchy

5.0

Launchy is a free cross-platform utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager. Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes

Work for Launchy?

Learning about Launchy?

Launchy Reviews

Showing 3 Launchy reviews
Launchy review by Julio César L.
Julio César L.

" A convenient and simple way to search for my programs"

What do you like best?

I have a small bar that opens when I log in and write in it what I need to find, be it a document or a program. It is not necessary to place the full name, just write the first letters of the name and the application searches for all available options, then login. It's that comfortable and easy.

What do you dislike?

The application would be perfect if I had the option to minimize the search bar, because although it is quite small, sometimes I must move it from one place to another or close it because it covers important parts of a web page, program or document. It is true that I can configure to have it visible or not, but I would prefer to minimize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free application with which you can conveniently and easily locate any file or program that is needed. While working, you search through a small bar without having to stop what you are doing or go the other way.

Streamline searches while I work. Do I need to find a program quickly? I write in the bar and I get it without needing to minimize all my tabs and go to the desktop, menu or folder, etc.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Launchy
Launchy review by María I G.
María I G.

" Quick and direct access to my files and programs"

What do you like best?

The application allows me to access the start menu, the desktop, as well as the folders and files that I have included in my directory. This saves me a lot of time since I do not have to search on one side and another, I just put in the search bar what I want to find or use, the application gives me the search options and I open the program from there.

What do you dislike?

The application is very helpful, it does not take up much space and the search is simple and fast. I have it on the desk and I can keep it open or closed. I think it's an excellent option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An application easy to install and use with which you can find most files, programs, applications, search engines, etc. What you can not find can be configured and added to your directory. It's free and if you want you can make a small collaboration.

The biggest benefit I get is the time savings in the search of files, programs, applications, start menu, search engines. I do not have to waste time going to one side or another to uninstall programs, make captures, find videos or images, because with this program I enter the name and I open what I need.

What Desktop Search solution do you use?

Launchy review by User

"A great way to quickly launch apps, files and more with just a few keystrokes"

What do you like best?

It's very straightforward and it just works. It takes about 30 seconds to setup and then you can just start using it to launch apps, find files, do calculations and a lot more. It's cross platform and even offers a portable app option.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little unstable. The app will occasionally crash and need to be restarted. This is not super often, but it does happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great little app that with a few keystrokes can really speed up the way your work.

I work on a computer all day long, and anything I can do to speed up my workflow I will do. Launchy is the perfect little app to take off precious seconds each time I need to do something that add up over the course of a day.

There are not enough reviews of Launchy for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

X1 Search Logo
X1 Search
4.8
X1 Search is a search and productivity application that simplifies the way business professionals search and act upon desktop files, remote file shares, emails, SharePoint data and more.
Alfred Logo
Alfred
Alfred is an app for Mac OS X designed to boost efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and others.
Agent Ransack Logo
Agent Ransack
Agent Ransack is a free software program for finding files on your PC or network drives. It is a lite version of FileLocator Pro and is a free for both personal and commercial use.
Listary Logo
Listary
Listary is a search utility for Windows that makes finding your files and launching applications blazing fast, for casual and power users alike. Listary integrates with your favorite tools such as Total Commander, Directory Opus, XYplorer, Xplorer2, WinRAR, FileZilla and many more for power users.
Copernic Desktop Search Logo
Copernic Desktop Search
3.5
Copernic Desktop Search is an alternative to Windows Search and allows users to centralize their document, file and email searches in one interface.
Lookeen Logo
Lookeen
3.5
Outlook add-on offering fast search within mails, attachments, contacts, tasks, and appointments in virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enterprise search environments.
SearchMyFiles Logo
SearchMyFiles
5.0
SearchMyFiles is an alternative to the standard "Search For Files And Folders" module of Windows. It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content (text or binary search), and by the file size.
voidtools Everything Logo
voidtools Everything
5.0
"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything").
DocFetcher Logo
DocFetcher
3.8
DocFetcher is an Open Source desktop search application: It allows you to search the contents of files on your computer.
Wise JetSearch Logo
Wise JetSearch
5.0
Wise JetSearch will search for you automatically and then show you the basic details of the file/folder. It is much faster than the built-in search feature in Windows.

Learning about Launchy?

* We monitor all Launchy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.