Alfred Reviews & Product Details

What is Alfred?

Alfred is an app for Mac OS X designed to boost efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and others.

Alfred Profile Details

1-17 of 17 total Alfred reviews

Alfred Reviews

1-17 of 17 total Alfred reviews
Student

"Fantastic Interface for Efficient Searching"

What do you like best?

One of Alfred's best qualities is its efficient search algorithm and the ability to find documents, pictures, contacts, and apps. In this way, its more powerful than Apple's built-in spotlight feature, as well as being easy to use. It can quickly search Amazon, Google, or Wikipedia for anything as well.

What do you dislike?

The only fault I've found with this app is the difficulty it sometimes has in search for files that are within many folders. It seems to be unable to search for these kinds of files but has no problem in finding files under a single folder

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free version of Alfred is already powerful and more capable than Spotlight. Would highly recommend using this product. For more features and analysis of computer usage, the paid version of Alfred is also an option, however, the free version will do more than meet most consumer's needs.

The problem I am solving is a better way to search through a huge array of documents and quickly pulling up whatever I need without having to manually go through folders. This saves time, improves efficiency, and greatens productivity. I've realized through this the benefit of eliminating the manual search process.

Site Support for Apple Music and iTunes/App Store
Consumer Electronics
(10,001+ employees)

"Alfred is the heartbeat of my computer"

What do you like best?

I use Alfred for launching apps, emailing contacts, searching websites on my company's intranet, searching external websites, controlling Apple Music, maintaining a clipboard history and pasting from it, jumping to communications articles behind my company's firewall, quickly opening up requests/bugs in internal apps, and a lot more.

What do you dislike?

You can't use it on Windows. I don't use Windows at work, but sometimes I do need to use it at home, such as when I'm mining cryptocurrency or playing games. I understand why the author doesn't make a Windows version though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no other launcher that I've tried that compares to Alfred. It does everything you'll need and then some. If you ever have any issues, just send an email over to bugs@alfredapp.com. They are very quick to reply and resolve any issues.

It just speeds up my productivity more than anything else. It's an essential tool. The only other app that I use that comes close to increasing my productivity is Keyboard Maestro. That one also increases my productivity quite a bit.

Marketing
Consumer Goods

"Great App-launcher software ever."

What do you like best?

Alfred is one of the main app launcher for many of people like me, I used this product long time for my computer. Alfred is serving many futures with its ease of using and reliability, It has great appearance and speed when you are downloading your apps.it also allows you to be more efficient when you are creating shortcuts.

What do you dislike?

I used Alfred more than 1 and half year and I have never face any big problem about Alfred, This is simple program on the other hand it is really powerful program I can say. You can make sure about Alfred and use this product with peace of mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can highly recommend If you want to spare more time for yourself after formating your computer. Alfred will do everything for you.

After deleting everything from my computer I was using Alfred to download and set up my applications to my computer. The most important thing for me to figure out If the launcher is secure and reliable or not ? Yes Alfred is completely safe and confidential program.

Marketing Executive
Computer Hardware

"Really good products in order to launch all apps that you need on your computer."

What do you like best?

I liked the most how Alfred is easy to use and understand when you compare other software. I used Alfred for my private computer in order to create easy and fast app-launch Whenever you want to reach your apps, just begin typing name of the applications, Alfred will start to displaying matches fast for you.Also it is really great to open and control your e-mails, files or folders with Alfred.

What do you dislike?

I have not faced any problem with this software while I was using.I was expecting overwhelm updates all time but it did not happen too. It is secure and reliable product certainly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend for anyone, you can make sure this is what you were looking for.

Due to my job and programing times I needed to download and install my applications after formating my computer and individually it was hard to find all programs and set them up for computer, but Alfred was doing those jobs for me fast and secure. I was creating my own workflows in order to do those shortcuts more effective and efficient.

Marketing
Consumer Goods

"Control your computer with Alfred, Great tool."

What do you like best?

I like how Alfred is learning my computer so fast, Alfred is one of the best designed software for me, You can launch your apps fast and find the files also research your one of favorite websites with defaults. by using keyboards you can give any command to your computer and do anything, I like most system command on this product. everything is fast and clear.

What do you dislike?

I did not have any bad experiences with Alfred it always served good futures and quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend this product without leaving no room for doubt. Good design with its great background.

Alfred was great product for my computer, Alfred allows me to see everything about my computer in just one screen such as files,workflow, browse, storage of my computer with its graphs and much more things. this is truly secure and reliable product.

Training Media Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Alfred makes workflows work."

What do you like best?

Alfred has become an extension of my work, in fact I've gotten to the point where I don't even realize it's there–it just works! It also works great with a handful of compatible applications and websites.

What do you dislike?

Not all features work in the free version. Personally, I would like to try them out before purchasing the premium version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to check out which apps on your system are compatible with Alfred. For example, on a Mac you can integrate it with Mail, Evernote, Spotify, etc.

The ability to create private workflows has been great. Not to mention its ability to utilize web searches, file search, application launches, clipboard history, spell check, and more.

UT

"Ease and Convenience"

What do you like best?

Alfred serves as a one-stop shop for easy navigation, tracking, and monitoring. It's so simple toutilize throughout your day and is no added, cumbersome effort to launch and use.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to prove this is a direct result from Alfred, but it does seem that my battery drains faster on my laptop since I installed and began using this program. This is the only negative side effect that I have noticed so far, and again, I have no way to determine that Alfred is the one actulaly causing this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend taking a closer look at Alfred. Obviously, it's geared toward mac and iOS users but the software is impeccable. The active monitoring for bugs and issues and ease of Alfred in adding fixes really does streamline things and make it easier to use. I highly recommend this product to anyone on iOS who is looking for an easier method for management and tracking.

Easy navigation of my personal files, applications, and settings. It integrates easily with existing software and centralizes search, tracking, and results. It was very easy to integrate into my day-to-day functional use of my laptop.

"Workflow Gone Wild"

What do you like best?

I’m a workflow nerd. Heck, I’ve made a living out of it. Alfred is a wicked sharp tool in my toolbox. Saves me many keys and mouse clicks every day.

What do you dislike?

Not much! Maybe I don't like the fact that Alfred doesn't come with a way of pausing life for a day so I can explore its features.

General workflow enhancements. I'm a fanatic about eliminating repetitive tasks.

"Life changer! "

What do you like best?

The best part is the customization for Alfred you set your own commands, on top of that workflows are a game changer! with a simple shortcut you can string together applications, for example, I had it spin up my local server and open my text editor.

What do you dislike?

haven't found much to dislike, with the powerups were less expensive.

Helps with general efficiency

President, Paperback Expert | Positioning Experts for Business Growth
Publishing

"Alfred is a time saver"

What do you like best?

I use Alfred on my Macbook. The way Alfred searches files on my Mac is faster than Google. ;) I've saved so much time and the results are stupendous. I recommend Alfred to everyone.

What do you dislike?

I've not found anything thus far. Everything I need is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it and use it. You'll never regret it.

Finding files quickly

Co-Founder
Management Consulting

"Best File Locator By Far"

What do you like best?

It's an instant shortcut to find anything on my computer or open apps instantly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered any problems while using Alfred.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download it! What have you got to lose? It can be difficult to remember to use at first but it's well worth it.

Using Alfred has increased my speed and therefore productivity.

"Can't use a Mac without Alfred"

What do you like best?

Alfred indexes your apps quickly and makes it easy to run custom actions.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike, wish it loaded faster when I boot my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, find a few custom workflows and see how much time you save.

I use Alfred to create custom workflows. I can tie together a few tasks and when executing them, save several clicks/minutes. Really great for repetitive tasks.

"Power up your spotlight"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, expandable and optimizable

What do you dislike?

The platform for the workflows could need a rework.

It can much more than the Mac OS spotlight and I can decide how it works.

"I wouldn’t know how to work without it "

What do you like best?

The complete better replacement for spotlight on my Mac.

What do you dislike?

I can’t even think of anything I don’t like.

We use this for everything including searching out database for devices.

"Good but wouldn't pay for it"

What do you like best?

I like that its a smarter spotlight search. Not sure how it works for non-mac users.

What do you dislike?

Its not too useful. I used to use it quite often but its nothing special. I like how spotlight search looks like its part of the mac design while alfred doesn't

alternate for spotlight. Thought it would be a smarter version of it.

UF

"Unnecessary "

What do you like best?

Alfred adds some custimization that is not available on Mac OS X

What do you dislike?

I did not find this very useful. Mac OS X has plenty of hotkey and search options built in so Alfred isn’t a necessity to me

None.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great for hotkeys"

What do you like best?

Being able to create my own hotkeys to quickly navigate the system

What do you dislike?

the number of steps required to create hotkeys

productivity