SearchMyFiles

5.0

SearchMyFiles is an alternative to the standard "Search For Files And Folders" module of Windows. It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content (text or binary search), and by the file size.

Work for SearchMyFiles?

Learning about SearchMyFiles?

SearchMyFiles Reviews

Showing 3 SearchMyFiles reviews
SearchMyFiles review by Diana T.
Diana T.

"Find files fast and easy"

What do you like best?

It is a very light program with which I find files using different search options. I can place where I want to search, the directories I want to exclude, choose between binary or text files, Include jpg files, search by files or folders, include size or creation time: 1, 7, 10 days. And the search process is quite fast.

What do you dislike?

It is an alternative with better search options than Windows. Nothing to criticize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An application that allows us to easily search for the files we want to find. It has different search options such as size, creation, date and we can copy the results in the clipboard or save them in different formats. It can also be executed from a USB drive.

We make easy searches of those files that have moved or we do not remember their location and the search options are varied and with greater precision.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SearchMyFiles
SearchMyFiles review by Claudia H.
Claudia H.

" If I look for a file, I find it"

What do you like best?

I live day by day keeping documents or changing them, I also download images and programs continuously and sometimes I do not know where to place them. With this program I carried out the searches I need using different selection criteria: Time, modification, creation, content and other options. I look for it and I find it.

What do you dislike?

I have not compared it with other similar programs, I use it and it works for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent option to find files and folders, easy to understand and easy to apply.

It helps me especially with downloads, many times I lose its location and when I want to find them I lose a lot of time, with this program it is easy to know where they are.

What Desktop Search solution do you use?

SearchMyFiles review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Open source and Best Open source tools for System and Network Admins"

What do you like best?

All the tools are easy to run and setup. No need of Installation.

Excellent automated tools that helps at work easier

What do you dislike?

There is no single con about this Nirsoft tools

While gathering evidences I use automated tools which are open source like Password tools, Network tools and Browsing history etc

There are not enough reviews of SearchMyFiles for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

X1 Search Logo
X1 Search
4.8
X1 Search is a search and productivity application that simplifies the way business professionals search and act upon desktop files, remote file shares, emails, SharePoint data and more.
Alfred Logo
Alfred
Alfred is an app for Mac OS X designed to boost efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and others.
Agent Ransack Logo
Agent Ransack
Agent Ransack is a free software program for finding files on your PC or network drives. It is a lite version of FileLocator Pro and is a free for both personal and commercial use.
Listary Logo
Listary
Listary is a search utility for Windows that makes finding your files and launching applications blazing fast, for casual and power users alike. Listary integrates with your favorite tools such as Total Commander, Directory Opus, XYplorer, Xplorer2, WinRAR, FileZilla and many more for power users.
Copernic Desktop Search Logo
Copernic Desktop Search
3.5
Copernic Desktop Search is an alternative to Windows Search and allows users to centralize their document, file and email searches in one interface.
Lookeen Logo
Lookeen
3.5
Outlook add-on offering fast search within mails, attachments, contacts, tasks, and appointments in virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enterprise search environments.
Launchy Logo
Launchy
5.0
Launchy is a free cross-platform utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager. Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes
DocFetcher Logo
DocFetcher
3.8
DocFetcher is an Open Source desktop search application: It allows you to search the contents of files on your computer.
voidtools Everything Logo
voidtools Everything
5.0
"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything").
Wise JetSearch Logo
Wise JetSearch
5.0
Wise JetSearch will search for you automatically and then show you the basic details of the file/folder. It is much faster than the built-in search feature in Windows.

Learning about SearchMyFiles?

* We monitor all SearchMyFiles reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.