Verizon Connect Reviews & Product Details

Verizon Connect Overview

What is Verizon Connect?

Innovative fleet tracking software from a trusted leader in the telematics industry. More than just dots on a map, you can use advanced fleet tracking to seamlessly monitor and manage your entire mobile workforce.

Verizon Connect Details

Monitor and manage your mobile workforce with ease

Verizon Connect

Verizon Connect Videos

Verizon Connect Screenshots

Verizon Connect Reviews

Showing 252 Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management reviews
Already have Verizon Connect?
Business Development
What do you like best?

The dashboard is fairly easy to use, and has some good features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. We experienced a major issue with the service last year (still ongoing) where the units would go an extended period of time without sending back a signal; we asked them to fix it, but were just ghosted. We asked repeatedly, and they ignored us repeatedly. So we tried to leave and they said we’d have to pay them many thousands to end the contract early.

2. They signed us up for an extra unit last year. We just caught it. It was never installed nor did they ever send it to us, but we've been making monthly payments for it for the past 10 months. Given that is was never installed, we never wanted it, and it was clearly just a mistake, we asked for a refund. They said they could not give us a refund, and in fact, we'd have to pay them to get out of the contract. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Works for tracking trucks, but with some deal-breaking flaws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Real-time ability to track my fleet. Ability to communicsate with the drivers to correct any issues or relay information. Ability to know where my fleet is at all times of the day or night. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot write anything negative against the Verizon Connect system. Compared to my previous system Verizon Connect is Top-Notch in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want up-to-date software for Fleet Tracking and Route design, then switch to Verizon Connect and you will not be sorry. Verizon Connect is continually scanning their services for errors and glitches and upgrading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since starting with Verizon Connect, I have been able to track my fleet in real-time and know the speed of my individual drivers. If I see an excessive speed and or situation that is not safe, I connect with the driver and stop the unsafe situation immediately. I know where my fleet is being driven in evening hours and where. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been able to closely monitor my drivers activities and it got us a discount on our insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had time to learn all the features, but no dislikes on the product so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can give my customers an up to the minute run down on how close their orders are to the job site and saving time not having to call drivers and hope they answer. Also have been able to correct some poor driving practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Tracking is excellent unless unit unplugged Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ELD is at times will leave a drive on the driving line after they have completed the DVIR and logged off the app. Usually, someone moves the truck for the next day and the driver automatically goes back to driving without knowing until the next day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system works to what they say it does, ELD and GPS tracking. Some minor issues with the ELD, but they keep updating and improving those issues. ELD easy to use with minimal issues after the first two weeks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ELD has created fewer log violations over time to the point of No HOS violations occurring except for not marking a PTI or fuel stop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like that we can see live where all of our assets are. We can also give our clients fast service by seeing where the closest service crew is when problems arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some time the refresh takes long to show up on the live map. fast refresh would be great for better accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us cut done on communication to locate our service techs in the field. We can see what jobs they have already been too as so this saves us calling them and then if they do not answer they call back and then if we are on another line we have 20 min of wasted calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Verizon Connect has helped us to keep track of our assets, make sure that maintenance is being done when needed and has also helped with payroll reporting and checking. We also like the variety of reports that are available - we have not needed a report that wasn't already listed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that we dislike about the program. It works well, we can get any reports that we need out of the program very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review all options, know what you want to use the software for and what reports you need. Verizon Connect is very easy to work with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved the issue of oil changes/maintenance not being done when needed. The program has also helped us with payroll hours and keeping employees honest on when they actually showed up for work and left. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can see all my vehicle assets in one convenient place at the same time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

During the time I've used the Verizon Connect, I haven't found any issues or lack of features that I can complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making sure company assets are about to be seen at all times and above to he recovered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Do not review the demo. Once you have reviewed and sign-up for their "free trial", they will start billing you whether you have the equipment or NOT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Verizon has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. They are all hot at the very beginning of the demo to get you in, and if you do sign, they will start billing you immediately although you have not received any equipment. They use the "free-trial" as false advertising and have no intention of shipping any equipment for your use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Verizon Connect does not solve any of their problems. They go dark and do not respond to any requests. Once you sign up for a free-trial, you'll never hear from anyone ever again. They won't even ship the equipment, they will just bill you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Product does work. Sends updates like it should as well as notifying if someone is speeding or braking too hard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, they overbilled for the longest time charging for cameras that we never received. Tried talking to Timothy Dirnberger <tim.dirnberger@verizonconnect.com>; Debra Delorge <debra.delorge@verizon.com>; Trisha M Haynes-Sump <trisha.haynes-sump@verizon.com> Lipsey, Ricky <ricky.lipsey@verizon.com> ,Kasting, Matthew <matt.kasting@verizonconnect.com> Sarah Musni had zero confidence in

Chandra Holmes in accounts receiveable that she would do her job and get me the information I needed. I would run for the hills with this company. RUN AWAY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

switch to someone else. just dont do it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

tracking vehicles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Accurate reporting and easy to generate reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, reports do not display on mobile app and reports are limited to the prior day or an entire week.

The Timesheet report is not ideal for your industry and would be nice if additional customizing was possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provides a check and balance of employee time sheets - have eliminated wasted time and increased efficiencies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The mobile app works great. Contractor will call wanting to know where their delivery is at, 39 seconds and I have the answer to the question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Elog edits are a little painful when a driver forgets to log out or go to off duty status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reasonable rates, Quality product, easy to set up yourself Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compliance with electronic logs, miles calculated by state for IFTA fuel tax calculation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User friendly (admin and app)

Technologically updated

Super reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "in vehicle" equipment doesn't hold up to the use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of expensive equipment that stays parked on jobsites that are sometimes 100's of miles away from the yard.

Able to set alerts for all sorts of activity

Keeps my drivers aware of their driving habits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has been a great tool for us to track our fleet and also helps us schedule our daily operations. We have now added the dash cam that has been an awesome addition to our fleet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had anything to dislike about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company is looking for a software that will help you get to the next level and improve your operations than Verizon Connect is your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to schedule our fleet for our daily operations and track which routes to take. This has saved us time and money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Being able to let our customers know where our techs are and track how long they are at each job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could see where out trucks are real-time when in bad cell service areas. When they do get to good cell service it updates to where they went. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to keep track of where are techs are to see when they finish a job so we can let other customers in the area know when we have a tech available without making numerous phone calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like having my employees locations when they are on the road. I also like the reports I can run to measure my drivers safety habits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that my data isnt available for me to see after a few years without requesting it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Verizon Connect I am able to see which drivers are speeding or driving aggressively, I am able to document and talk to the employees. The benefit is that I can see if my employess driving is improving and will prevent accidents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Best Customer service, dependable company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe give customers something free to wear that will advertise like t-shirts, jackets, etc... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Most definitely yes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking. Whereabouts of all of our vehicles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

real time knowing drivers status is helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

GPS at times going blank at needed times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

check for pricing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

to track divers with there timely delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very fast system. We can get real time info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really have not found a downside Really good system to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best bang for your buck. For now and in the future.

Verizon is a very foreword looking and implementing company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knowing where our techs are at so we can do better service. Saves money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Was able to fix a problem I have dealt with for over a month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wait time for getting product needed. Can take weeks to receive parts needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Order what you need in advance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are very happy with product (ELDs) but have a hard time getting parts and pieces Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

I like the accuracy of knowing "Real-Time" the location of all my trucks and drivers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, in certain areas, we lose signal to the tracking devices therefor losing signal to the ELD devices as well. The ELD will still continue to function accurately I'm just not able to see the correct information on my end. There are a few little bugs that need to be worked out but all in all, it's a reliable product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compliance with HOS regulations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Like being able to see where our vehicles and equipment are at any given moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Calling for support/new installs can be a bit frustrating at times, have to talk to too many people and explain the same thing to each person Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Replay timeline view, easily see history for when and where vehicles are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

reports can load slow sometimes. API integration breaks often Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

time card verification. technicians reporting inaccurate time cards is no longer an issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Still trying to find something we like best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That we still don't have what we are paying for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We still haven't received the diagnostics that we signed up for so the system is useless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Singer/ Song Writer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

Fleetmatics has to be the most superior fleet tracking software I have used. The interface is clean, easy to use and provides the best up to the second updates/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to mention here- The mobile app could use an upgrade on the " detailed report" feature. It is a bit vague compared to the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are leery about giving out your drivers phone numbers for Macropoint- Fleetmatics is the way to go. I have found that brokers tend to ring the drivers phones excessively which is a safety risk- with Verizon Connect you are in control of your fleet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Beside the needed upgrade on the "detailed report" on the mobile app- it is very,very convenient to have that info at your finger tips. I was able to keep tabs on a truck over a weekend, having location updates all while enjoying a day at the Zoo with my family.

Not needing to do check calls has also helped me in my updates for customers on their loads. Also it has given me the ability to avoid opting to MarcoPoint being I able to use the info given by Fleetmatics to provide the updates for Customers/ Freight Brokers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management Categories on G2