Zoho Expense Reviews & Product Details

Zoho Expense Overview

What is Zoho Expense?

Zoho Expense helps in taking the effort out of expense reporting. From submission to reimbursement, everything is quick and easy. No need to save those paper receipts anymore. Recording an expense is as simple as taking a photo of the receipts. We’ll auto scan them and create an expense, just for you. Don’t have a receipt in hand? No problem! Create an expense from your card statements or email them to your account. Worried that your employees might overspend on the corporate cards? We’ve got that covered too, with our easy-to-use expense policies. Our streamlined approval process will ensure that your expense report reaches the right approver(s) the moment you submit it.

That’s not all. Zoho Expense works well with major applications like Zoho Books, Quickbooks Online & Desktop, Zoho CRM, Slack, Office 365, G Suite and much more. Using our mobile app, stay on top of your employee expenses at all times. Available on Android, iOS and windows platform, you can submit, approve and record reimbursements, thereby managing expenses on the go. Bid goodbye to spreadsheets and paper receipts. With Zoho Expense, start doing expense reports the easy way. Not convinced yet? See it for yourself, using our 14-day free trial.

Zoho Expense Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Expense reporting doesn't have to be painful. Zoho Expense is a perk for employees, managers, and finance teams!

Feature-rich and robust, Zoho Expense is the most cost-effective expense reporting out there. Zoho Expense comes integrated with Zoho CRM and Zoho Books, making expense management hassle free, right from recording expenses to taking them to your books.

Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Phone
+1 (888) 900-9646
1996
Austin, TX
@Zoho
9,040 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Zoho Corporation is a software development company, privately held and profitable. It offers beautifully smart software to help you grow your business. With over 50 million users worldwide, Zoho's 45+ products aid your sales and marketing, support and collaboration, finance and recruitment needs, with the long term vision to transform the way you work. Our Global HQ is in Chennai, India, and the US HQ is in Austin, Texas.

Zoho Expense Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Zoho Expense community
Have you used Zoho Expense before?

Zoho Expense Reviews

Showing 30 Zoho Expense reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Zoho Expense?
What do you like best?

How easy it is to scan a receipt and enter all data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike and the reason for not signing up is the reports and analytics does not allow for filtering correctly, I can see all expenses by category but we run different projects and we need to be able to see expenses by category per project. At this moment I see expenses per category and a separate report for expenses per project, this expenses per project does not group expenses by category so it is a simple fix but lacking focus on the way we need to use the data we input into expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

currently we upload all expenses into Google Drive and from here we have to import into quickbook desktop, with Zoho Expense we push directly all receipts scanned into QB Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

I like the integration with the credit cards. The best feature is the ability to email to the platform. Many receipts come in the form of a pdf, not a cash register print out, so it handles both methods very well.

I like the mileage tracker, but I have not explored it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The taxes are not picked up on the scan, each receipt needs to be edited to add in the GST so we can recover it.

We run two companies and I have not figured out how to move an expense that came in on my credit card to the other company. I also have not figured out how to show the expense report with the appropriate totals for an easy GL posting. I'm sure it can do this, I just need to take the time to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to save the time we spend on expenses every month by using an app. A benefit is not having the stack of receipts from each user, we now receive them in a digital version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Zoho Expense
AM
What do you like best?

A useful software to monitor the expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no clarity about the balances with individuals, for which they are asking to use Zoho books. Integrating with Zoho books is like a ocean type of work, Small companies won't be able to afford so much of time and effort to configure the same. Also the customer support is really very poor.

This software has bugs such as whenever we apply an advance, after that change the name of the report and then delete the report , the advance goes along with that report un noticeable. This software is not highly reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ONLY BENEFIT IS THAT WE ARE NOT MISSING OUT ANY BILLS AND ALL THE BILL ARE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. BUT IT HAS NEVER RELIEVED THE UTTER CONFUSION WHICH WAS TAKING PLACE. THIS SOFTWARE NEVER GIVES CLEAR PICTURE OF WHAT IS THE PENDING BALACE WITH ANYONE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Administrator
What do you like best?

About Zoho I like everything but when it comes to managing expenses, and having those expenses integrated with an invoicing and accounting and emailing system then ZOHO is your best bet to follow.

Zoho's platform is so versatile that everything can be found in one single place without effort and information newer gets lost or mistracked everything is always right where it should be when using ZOHO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely, and unfortunately for this review, nothing that can be disliked about ZOHO. I've used it many times and have even suggested many of ZOHO's products to numerous friends and co-workers alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly Managing personal finances and business-related finances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love using the app to quickly take a picture of my receipts on the go so that I can come back to them later. I also frequently use the forward to receipt inbox function to capture rideshare receipts sent to my email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time for expenses to show up on my card, and the same expenses show up in multiple places. I could have already submitted an expense based on a receipt image, and then the same transaction will show listed under my card more than a week later. I then have to mark all the expenses that I already submitted as duplicates if I don't want to wait a few weeks for everything to show up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company visibility into how much we're spending by team and category is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Expense Managing and Mile management are good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sync with Zoho Books is not as good as required Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Categorization of Expenses are easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like to scan receipts and be able to match them with the credit card charges. And even more, when it does it automatically Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to change once expenses have been matched (unmatch) and I am not able to identify on the credit card the ones that were matched. Besides that, there is no way of setting up filters or look up on the credit card. Every time I do so, it takes me to the expenses.

I would love for the scanner to identify items on the receipts. Lastly, I would love it will provide to work with a budget and track it.

Another thing I would like is to submit an expense and have a pdf of all the receipts attached. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to facilitate the expenses for the company and have a track of the receipts for fiscal purposes. Besides that, tracking budget Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a very good and intuitive expense management system for capturing receipts for reporting purposes. It used to offer 100 free autoscans per month. The autoscan feature is the best I've experienced Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Less than a month after choosing Zoho Expense, the Business Model changed to requiring subscription for autoscans. The major problem is the subscription is now organisation based at $30 per month for 10 users. As a single user there appears to be no option to just make a payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zoho expense allows me to manage daily expenses and export them to excel for reporting through to the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Its a time consuming....AND ITS VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not understanding many things if you will call and clear it out its fine for me like if advance given to any employee through zoho book..then how that can reflect in zoho expense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lots of probelm solved.. and getting all date together its a very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Efficient in expense tracking, it helps record the expenses easily by just uploading pictures of the bills.

Easy to use, value for money, ease of functionality are some of its advantages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is time-consuming to learn the whole setup. The interface seems quite lagging to me as compared to the current industry setup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us to make thorough and adequate financial planning. It helps put multiple expenses in one place and thus making expensing easy to follow and reduces the overall time consumed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Photography / Cinematographer
Media Production
What do you like best?

i love that the app had the match option to link your receipts and bank accounts with less hassel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

unfortunately for me i have an account with New Zealand Home Loans and the expenses i spend through that account i cannot log and connect to receipts.

I guess the bank is not recognised yet.. which is troublesome for me deciding whether to carry on or change apps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support smaller banks, its a big consideration in my choosing to continue and pay for the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im hopefully saving alot of time i spend catagorising and breaking down my costs for my accountant each 6 months for gst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

The integration with QuickBooks desktop as it is necessary for our company. The integration is crucial and the ability to take pictures and go paperless and increase accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with quickbooks desktop is not as detailed as we would like. Has quite a few issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Examine before buying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Going paperless, increasing accuracy, understanding expense reports better and analyzing them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
What do you like best?

I’m just signing up to trial the Zoho Expense app and they’ve asked me to review it. What’s the point, I haven’t even downloaded the app yet! However, I’m going to give it 5 stars, not because I know whether it’s any good because I haven’t used it yet, but because I want to have my free 30-days trial extended by 60 days. Don’t you just love these automated systems? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’ve no idea what I dislike about Zoho Expense as I have not yet downloaded it? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Why not try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to get my expenses all in order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Operator
What do you like best?

As a bookkeeper, I've been using the free version of Zoho Expense for about a year with multiple small nonprofit clients. It was so helpful in receipt capture and getting the information seamlessly exported to Quickbooks. I am very disappointed that they dropped that integration on the free version as the new price point doesn't work for my clients. Maybe they could offer it free to nonprofits through TechSoup.org? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the integration with QBO was eliminated from the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People are actually keeping track of receipts for credit and debit card purchases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
International Affairs
What do you like best?

It has been quite a straight forward tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interconnected features are hard to navigate and I no longer appear to be able to send PDF's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Careful you don't get stuck and frustrated...like I am! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paper based messy expense claims Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like that I can submit this directly to our operating officer who then directs deposits my reimbursements. It is very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a few minutes for the picture of the receipt to be uploaded. This is a huge pain when I do all of my receipts at the same time. This would become easier when I get into the habit of taking pictures of the receipts immediately after the transaction, but I'm not interested in doing that because it might be disrespectful to the person whose meal and/or drink I purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't save all of your receipts until the end of the month! The receipts take a bit of time to upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simplifying reimbursements. Our system prior to this was filling out an Excel sheet. This technology gives me a digital record of the receipts, which allows me to toss that unsightly tower of receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that I can generate PDF reports of my receipts that have the receipt images on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little while to figure out the capability of the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm scanning in all my paper business receipts from my phone and computer, and saving them digitally, which is amazing and means less clutter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Ease, auto sync, unreported expenses showing separately.

Real time status of expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price. Too expensive. Number of cheaper alternatives makes it difficult to shift to this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check the price. For Features, simply go ahead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real time expense reporting and ensuring nothing is skipped out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

It can be used as personal and business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Video tour is bit complicating and the appearance should be more clear and comfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

now it can easily help me by managing expense for my team and personal itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Systems & Communications Administrator
What do you like best?

Ability to auto-scan receipts is very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

iOS and Android versions are completely different, making training and supporting users more complex. Android doesn't even have integral features like being able to edit the tax amount. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that iOS and Android versions are completely different in both looks and features and know that this will complicate supporting the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to avoid mailing/couriering receipts back to head office. Team members are able to stay on top of their expenses rather than spending half a day entering them at the end of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Director
What do you like best?

uploading / filing of receipts, detailed reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

by dragging receipt - maturity is not captured Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

easy to file expenses

but if we have to manually put Maturity Date...then purpose of Receipt Capturing is short.

Partly done job is not expected Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The ease of use. I was able to get on and setup the system in less than a week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the trial is shorter than expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online expense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Convenience of searching through past expenses, ability to send reports for approval to other users, easy to add multiple receipts. Offers mileage and currency conversion which is extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to send to final approver if amount is a refund,or less than zero. Unable to split expenses, even though there is a "split" feature and button, it doesn't work - you have to itemize a charge in order to bill it to two different merchants. It does not process all cards, only a select few are updated through Zoho, other cards must be entered manually as expenses instead. It doesn't seem as though Zoho is making any updates to the program which is really unfortunate because it would be nice to see changes made or at least attempts of improvement. The application feels stagnant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Expensify is better. Zoho Expense isn't cheap and for the price, it should be doing a lot more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability for peers to approve expense reports is convenient, but you cannot have final approver approve a refund because you cannot change the approving amount to less than 0. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and mobile application is very easy and quick to capture receipts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing, I have tried several and this seems to be the easiest to learn and use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

accurate and easy expense tracking and reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Merging capability with google products across multiple devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pretty isolated application. You almost forget about zoho a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps with startup company unsure about full commitment to higher priced packages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.