Zoho Projects

3.9

Online Project Management Software

Work for Zoho Projects?

Learning about Zoho Projects?

Zoho Projects Reviews

Ask Zoho Projects a Question
Showing 76 Zoho Projects reviews
Zoho Projects review by Kristina B.
Kristina B.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects review by Samarth J.
Samarth J.

"Good project management tool"

What do you like best?

Zoho projects is a very good project management tool and have almost all the features that are required for effective project management.

1. Option to create custom stage names is very useful as we can easily migrate our existing project to zoho projects without much work.

2. One of the other important features that Zoho offers is an option to map successors and predecessors of a particular task.

3. Tasks and issues are managed separately and thus easy to manage.

4. Can create a task list and milestones.

5. We can also update the dashboard according to our need and keep only the relevant reports on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

1. Cannot be hosted on in house servers which were our first preference.

2. The UI can be quite confusing sometimes to navigate between different screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho is a very powerful project management tool and is not that expensive as compared to other tools in the same space.

We use zoho projects to manage all the projects of our company

What Project Management solution do you use?

Zoho Projects review by Amit G.
Amit G.

"Very good software for project management"

What do you like best?

Its simple to use and quick access to everything makes it popular among users

Its project view Class, Plain and Kanban are very good. All important stuff are quickly accessible everywhere in application. creation of Task, Dependency, Subtask, and scheduling are very good. Project Reports are also useful.

What do you dislike?

There is no downside in using Zoho projects for mid and small organisations. However i would like to highlight few points.

I could not found baseline feature in its standard edition which ideally should be included in standard plan.

The monthly subscription is painful every month have to enter card details to process paid subsccription

Zoho projects solved our day to day task management and milestone achievement. Now our team easily update their task progress on this platform. It creates transparency between other team members for dependency task which was difficult previously in absence of zoho projects.

Zoho Projects review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Great tool for collaborating and keeping teams organized"

What do you like best?

Great tool for collaborating and keeping teams organized! I use this platform to manage multiple projects across multiple staff teams, and for multiple clients. I love that you can create dependency task lists that start backward or forward from a set point, and that you can invite clients to participate in specific workspaces even though they are external to the organization. You can also choose access levels for specific teams or staff members. I also love the keyboard shortcut commands!

What do you dislike?

The visual layout could be better - sometimes it feels like the graphic design on the site is stuck in the 1980's - but it does what I need it to do, and it's a great value for the price!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest researching their entire suite of products - the fact that they have email, cloud storage, app development, sales and crm platforms means that you can integrate everything you want - they literally have dozens of products for different businesses.

We're solving issues with communication between teams, follow-up items and scheduling, and also improving our delivery time to clients on completed projects and proposals. We've dramatically cut down on the volume of emails that we're sending to each other, and all of our files and messaging is centrally located in one place.

Zoho Projects review by Sylvie F.
Sylvie F.

"You can organize a project comprehensively and follow up"

What do you like best?

It seems efficient to concentrate the most useful project management options in a single software, the workspace and interface are well achieved, which makes it easier to intuitively recognize where the tools are and what they are for, you can work collectively and it is very I can quickly follow up on each project in that way I am always up to date with my performance and of my colleagues who participate in the project, the graphs, data and gantt diagram work correctly.

What do you dislike?

The document management does not seem the most efficient since it does not have an automatic selection process of favorites or even visualization of the last open, downloaded and shared so it is always necessary to go to the search filters to find the file that you look for, the templates of hours worked must improve to be more graphic and visual in that way it will be better understood when they are exported, some tools were more complex than expected and for that reason I have not been able to use them efficiently, there should be an internal tutorial how to link Zoho Projects with the other available platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is advisable to start using the basic tools to program the planning and management of the project, then when sufficient experience is acquired it is possible to introduce more complex but more efficient and optimal control tools for planning.

Being a collaborative tool capable of integrating all the needs of planning and project organization is of high importance in the working group of design and planning of architecture and engineering projects, its implementation allows me to organize my tasks in installments and also to do direct monitoring of my performance during the work days.

Zoho Projects review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Low cost, full-featured enterprise project management solution!"

What do you like best?

Zoho Projects is an excellent product for waterfall project management. It provides all of the features and functionality you would expect from an enterprise-level project management solution, along with a complete collaboration suite. Providing the ability to create documents, spread sheets, and presentations with the Zoho Web Apps, along with the ability to upload existing documents to a repository is outstanding.

The collaboration features are amazing and include a Calendar, Timesheet, Forums, and the ability to add web pages to your site. The product could meet your Intranet needs or if you chose to integrate it with other Zoho products you could find yourself running your entire business on the Zoho platform.

What do you dislike?

Zoho Projects does not manage portfolios very well. It lacks the ability to do a pairwise analysis of projects to assist you with the decision-making process. The single sign-on capabilities are excellent, but not very intuitive for end users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require a portfolio management suite, this may not be the best option. If you're looking for a low-cost, high feature, waterfall project management system, you really cannot beat Zoho Projects.

We needed a project management solution. A system of record for tracking business initiatives. Zoho Projects provided that at a very affordable cost to the business. We've benefited from using Zoho Projects because we have greater visibility into the health of our projects.

Zoho Projects review by Bailey W.
Bailey W.

"Nice project management software"

What do you like best?

It is very organized. There is good structure and I like having a screen for my own personal tasks as well as one with all the projects for my agency. Zoho is always updating and releasing new features that make it simpler and more efficient. Time tracking is great.

What do you dislike?

While the interface looks good, I'm not sure it could have been designed more efficiently. There's tons of clicking in and out and up and down a hierarchy or projects and tasks and milestones that you can get lost if you are new. If you don't use all the features, there's no way to hide anything.

This solves our project management needs for our agency. We can see what needs to be done when, track our time, and keep all documents in a place accessible by all the project participants.

Zoho Projects review by Eugenie C.
Eugenie C.

"Zoho Project will help you manage your projects"

What do you like best?

The program allows you to easily place the information you need about the clients or about the project. You will be able to follow the paid and unpaid hours with the help of the timetable. Also, you can edit documents in real time, which will help you save time. The service allows you to share text files, presentations, tables with the whole team and you can work on them together. The program interface looks like a page in social networks, so you will easily work in it. There is also a deep integration with other Zoho services.

What do you dislike?

I would like, that I could transfer the documents necessary to me in the newly created element. It is difficult to add employees to several projects at once. Mobile version, as for me, a little uncomfortable in the work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to effectively plan your projects, then Zoho Project will help you with it. When you are working with Gantt charts you can see a detailed overview of the progress of your tasks in comparison with your plans.

Our team began to use this service to manage business projects. Zoho Project allows you to coordinate and manage your tasks.

Zoho Projects review by Garret A.
Garret A.

"Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

A great platform that gives you good opportunities to work on my tasks. This is a simple project management tool, but it provides all the functions that you need, without the excessive complexity of some programs. You can create your own forms for projects and tasks, allowing you to add and report your desire in which you are interested.

What do you dislike?

There is no way or copying of repetitive projects with all the content and people managing projects. In some browsers, you need to enter the user twice to add them to the notification list by e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to manage my projects and track progress, even when I'm on the road. Time management, analysis of the project workflow and, in the main, correction of errors. Excerpt and communicate with all teams to better understand the past, present and future situations of each project. The standard in which this interface puts everyone, and therefore the whole team can work together as one in synchronization with deadlines, and understand the skills of each and every one, considering the tools of the control panel, task management and errors and permissions. The service also supports the future planning of upcoming projects.

If project management is a problem, then this is something that must definitely be tried once, as it marks the right fields for us at least. Try it yourself and better manage projects.

Zoho Projects review by Noman G.
Noman G.

"Good PMO Office Tool , to start with"

What do you like best?

We have deployment our PMO office on 2016, so we have required a tool where organization as well as IT department has to understand to complete project life cycle. if we talking about complete life cycle its means we have to consider this from BA to Deployment. So we have start to R and D and search for a tool which much useful and quite easy to understand so we finalized Zoho Project to start with. This is is very much useful to understand to complete end to end life cycle of project management. Further, it has 2 type of resource allocation 1, is percentage wise 2 , is hours wise. So as resource manage it quite easy to engage resource in a write manner. This tool give us the 90 % visibility of project status and every resource engagement till start to end. The software solution is designed to streamline the process of project management from the initial phase to closing, using its fully automated and highly customization features.Further, this is cloud base solution which easy to deploy and cost efficient.

What do you dislike?

Admin Panel is much complex and only single hierarchy which not be very useful in every organization or project. Real-time tracking of your team’s productivity is sometime difficult , thus, giving you not reliable information on how much time is being spent on a specific task. Further, its reporting tool is very limited and complex. Every time you have to write a query when you want to analysis anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Deployment of any project management tool is very difficult in organization . it may vary but quite often it not easy to deploy. So you should give complete understanding to end user. Further, Ownership should be taken to IT department.

Zoho has help us to identify the cost , budget and risk management which we lacking previously. we previously maintain this on Ms Excel which quite difficult to maintain its audit trail and version controlling. Further, Project visibility is quite big advantage to us

Zoho Projects review by Nimesh G.
Nimesh G.

"A Product that makes project management easy, in so many different ways"

What do you like best?

The way zoho allows me to manage teams in different projects. To track their time spent with the planned duration of a task Different chart where I can see the progress of my project and take actions accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Some times its very slow but the kind functionalities it provides litle slowness is something I can bare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a start it can be little confusing but once you use it for a time. Trust me zoho project will become your best friend at work. It helps manege so many things, understanding a true software development process.

Before my company started using zoho. It was very hard to keep track of project milestones and deliveries. Causes and responsible for delay. We were managing everything using excel sheets which was very time consuming. But with the use of zoho now we can create teams within the project manage internal and external tasks. Manage dependencies, keep track of bugs with various custom status. And so many other things which make our life easy at work.

Zoho Projects review by Tasbir S.
Tasbir S.

"Best Tool for Project Management"

What do you like best?

Zoho Projects is an easy project management tool I used ever, it provides all the functions that we need for handling projects. We can easily create personal forms for projects and tasks, allowing us to add and report on our own desire. Apart from this we can create and edit documents in real time which saves our time. This allows us to share text docs, presentations, tables with the whole team and we can work on them together.

What do you dislike?

If we need to add more team members on same project at same time then it is difficult to add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very easy to use and manage projects in this tool. I want to recommend this tool for all users who are working in team.

I am using this tool for project management in my office. We can easily create and manage reports, documents in this tool at real time.

Zoho Projects review by Milan W.
Milan W.

"Manage everything just in one klick."

What do you like best?

Much easy to plan, track, and cooperate using the preference project control platform for all our company. I can easily manage all my tasks which is help me to organize complex projects into easily operated units with milestones.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there are big problems or we have the harm with the working process but I guess that this product should be much better work with mobile access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful software which helps you a lot. You will be sure that your team always has access to the new version of all project instrument. I like everything in this solution.

We like to work together with this nice collaboration tool. We can log issues and track them as they fixed and tested. We know how to determine the custom working process and companies rules.

Zoho Projects review by John D.
John D.

"Effective project management tool"

What do you like best?

Choice to make custom stage names is exceptionally valuable as we can undoubtedly relocate our current undertaking to zoho ventures absent much work. One of the other critical highlights that Zoho offers is a choice to outline and forerunners of a specific errand. Assignments and issues are overseen independently and in this manner simple to oversee. Can make an errand rundown and achievements.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to hate only that the UI can be very confounding now and then to explore between various screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In case you're searching for an ease, high component, cascade venture the board framework, you truly can't beat Zoho Projects. The standard in which this interface puts everybody, and along these lines the entire group can cooperate as one in synchronization with due dates, and comprehend the aptitudes of every single one, considering the devices of the control board, task the executives and blunders and authorizations. The administration additionally bolsters the future arranging of up and coming undertakings. I would prescribe.

We're explaining issues with correspondence between groups, follow-up things and planning, and furthermore improving our conveyance time to customers on finished activities and proposition. We've drastically eliminated the volume of messages that we're sending to one another, and the majority of our records and informing is midway situated in one spot. We've profited by utilizing Zoho Projects since we have more prominent perceivability into the soundness of our tasks.

Zoho Projects review by Jude N.
Jude N.

"Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

It is easy to assign and manage tasks using Zoho Projects. I not only like Zoho Projects's ease of use but I also like how organized the tool easy. Since we began using Zoho Projects in our firm, collaboration has improved. Therefore, it has changed our company to the better.

What do you dislike?

Zoho Projects has cons. Initially you may encounter challenges when installing and learning its basics, but with time, you will enjoy its services because it is straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advice team leaders and organization owners to adopt Zoho Projects because it will help them manage projects and distribute essential tasks to team members. I advocate for Zoho Projects because it is affordable and highly efficient to use. You will like its fantastic features.

Our projects or tasks are all well-organized and efficient and all credit goes to Zoho Projects. We distribute tasks professionally to our team and manage them with ease. Therefore, Zoho Projects is a suitable collaboration software for us.

Zoho Projects review by Corbin S.
Corbin S.

"Zoho projects. Another program that helps me stay on top of my assignments. "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can see what tasks are still open and require fine-tuning. I also like that I can download the necessary files uploaded by my co-workers that are essential to my work. For example, my boss assigns me a project and instead of me having to search online for several PDFs, he/she uploads them on Zoho which allows me instant access to the files.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had much experience with the program as of yet, but so far there isn't anything that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for sure. It is a simple interface which is easy to navigate and otherwise serves its purpose.

Negates the necessity for my boss to ask me personally what projects have yet to be completed or have been initiated.

Zoho Projects review by Russell C.
Russell C.

"An easy project management tool"

What do you like best?

This is a simple project management tool, but provides all the features you need without the overdeveloped complexity of some software. You can create custom forms for projects and tasks, allowing you to add and report on your want you're interested in. Statuses are also configurable with a nice kanban view to make this more than a puritans project tool. The ability to email in tasks to projects is a nice feature allowing you to forward task ideas directly into a proejct.

What do you dislike?

Fairly minor: No tagging option in tasks which would enable easier categorisation and reporting. A task template in applied to all tasks in a project - it would be great if you could vary the task template away from the project default

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to investigate the template and field customisation and taylor statuses to reflect your workflow.

We wanted as single place to store all our 'contributions' regardless of whether they were part of a formal project or recurring operational activities. We also apply 'agile' principles to defining and scoring our tasks and being able to configure a task template to include "Given... When... Then" was key to our choice

Zoho Projects review by Margaret Alice P.
Margaret Alice P.

"He helped us in project monitoring, planning and management"

What do you like best?

The program comes with Google Drive, Gmail and Calendar integrated which makes it very versatile when using add-ons, in addition to these has the ability to automatically synchronize with Dropbox. Its failure and incident tracking module is essential to correct errors in time. Their task lists facilitate the management of the elements of the work in addition to having the option of milestones to be able to have total control of what members do and progress within the program.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools integrated with the program are a bit limited, apart from this it requires a lot of customization to be able to adapt to an agile workflow adapted to reality. The design of the interface with the user is not so friendly and tends to stay a bit behind compared to other software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although its interface with the user is not the most ideal and has shortcomings in terms of tools for controlling expenses, its strengths such as its efficient module for tracking incidents and failures, tracking time and billing ideal not to waste time unnecessarily during the project, make it a competitive software and worthy to be at the top of the list of programs of this type.

With Zoho Project the company systematized in a very efficient way all the tasks to be done, thus creating projects that bridged a great impulse within them. The use of working groups was essential to achieve these results and the capacity of this program to allow groups to work and collaborate in a fast, planned and fast way was the foundation of the results obtained.

Zoho Projects review by Sinaí M.
Sinaí M.

"Program the tasks and budget of projects is the same workspace"

What do you like best?

Space to plan from the beginning the tasks of your projects and manage all the necessary resources to fulfill them. Automate the tracking of tasks, coordinate and supervise the work of the rest of the team, share documents of importance to the project and keep everyone informed, and as an additional helps you manage even errors that may occur in the course of execution.

What do you dislike?

In the interface it can be difficult to find some functions

We use it to plan projects related to the events of our movies to premiere, premieres, meetings with the press, photo shoot, film forums, among others. It allows us to keep organized all the logistics and the right people doing the right activities, it is a relief to know that technology can support us even in the smallest details to meet our business goals.

Zoho Projects review by Aliza P.
Aliza P.

"Clever and rich service."

What do you like best?

The great platform which gives you a good chance to work on my tasks. I also can report my comments to my teamwork. Very good that I can simply add my new task or make new files.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't know what to say. As I don't see any cons. Tools are good, communication very good in real time. Clever and rich service. I like it very much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, my work is much better. Powerful tools which making your working team works more effective. Very fast and functionally service. I recommend it.

I know that everything going well. So I can be out of my office with no stress. We can control our projects. Very open and clear way to track my working progress.

Zoho Projects review by Mahfuz A.
Mahfuz A.

"Horrible Customer support, It Drain My Energy, yet they call it project management portal."

What do you like best?

Only thing I like is "Price Point". Without that cheap price i have nothing to like about this product.

What do you dislike?

1. Customer Support, 2. The notification system, 3. Workplace View, 4. No independent control on the subtask. There are a thousand things they can do and yet they don't do those or don't want to. Sometimes they take away featured those are useful within tons of waste features.

We are moving to another vendor.

Another thing is, We requested a call with ZOHO on their features. They replied on my tickets 30 days later and then we set up a call where they agree to show but they did not show up. Customer support is ridiculously bad.

Zoho Projects review by Agency
Agency

"Not the prettiest or most user friendly, but it does the trick"

What do you like best?

Most of the functionality I want is there. I like that it allows you to set recurring tasks, and it's easy to see how far along a project is. Zoho is really customizable and allows you to control what you see on your main dashboard, as well as within individual projects. The Live Chat feature is also helpful if you ever get stuck.

What do you dislike?

The interface. It's not as user-friendly as it could be, and there is definitely a learning curve when starting out. To my knowledge, there is no functionality that allows you to track your time spent on tasks, so I need to use a secondary program to do so.

Transparency across the company. Anyone can log in and see what people are working on.

Zoho Projects review by Mehdi A.
Mehdi A.

"Project Management at it's best"

What do you like best?

the best too for planning projects (for non certified project planners or beginners), it allows the division of complex projects in milestones, tasks, and subtasks, and to schedule activities according to deadlines.

It is also good for task monitoring and projects discussion

the best features : Mobile App, project organization, calendar, email integration

What do you dislike?

some minor UI bugs on the web app and the mobile app (but can be fixed or patched), there's no possibility or copying repetitive projects with all the content and people managing the projects (could help gain a lot of time especially on complexe long projects with a lot of milestones and tasks).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Project Management application quality/price is good.

Projects management and planning, Zoho Projet helps us work together and follow up on project tasks and deadlines. it is also good for planning, tweaking future projects before start

Zoho Projects review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Love Using Zoho Projects for Keeping Me Organized"

What do you like best?

I really like the complexity of the program in terms of the multi-layers (i.e. Projects, Groups, Tasklists, Tasks, etc.), but I also enjoy how it's simple enough for anyone to be able to learn how to use the software. I enjoy that we can track the progress of our projects and can also assign specific projects to certain users. Being able to add comments, documents,

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't put templates in folders. I am always hesitant to creating multiple templates because it bogs down and clutters the template page, and most of my coworkers do not need the templates that I create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend users to complete a 'trial and error' process. The software can take a bit to get used to, and you want to figure out the best way to cater the site to meet your company's needs. Play with the tasks, the tasklists, assigning projects, and tracking your progress. It may help to hold a company training session to introduce the software and ask any questions you may have.

We are solving issues such as lack of documentation, inability to prioritize, inability to track the progress of projects, etc. Our team is now able to be on the same page about every project, and are able to access the software from anywhere, at any time. It allows us to be consistent with our work and holds people accountable.

Zoho Projects review by theo b.
theo b.

" It is an incredible tool to manage and execute business projects."

What do you like best?

I like it to be a dynamic and practical tool to manage, it gives you the possibility of importing data through other applications of project management, which helps that managing and executing the project can be done in a more practical and useful way. It also allows you to visualize the project of different manage and evaluate how it is being carried out

What do you dislike?

some of the functions that it offers have certain limitations that can be tedious to handle since they complicate the effective handling of the tool.

is a very practical and dynamic tool that allows you to handle new projects in a very practical way, thus improving the execution and management of them

Zoho Projects review by Hannah H.
Hannah H.

"Zoho Projects Review"

What do you like best?

Zoho has a simple and elegant interface making it easy to find what you are looking for. It's a great way to log time and view projects over a long period of time.

What do you dislike?

It's not always easy to attach images in the comments section and there does not yet seem to be an efficient way to sort of hand off a project to another person without it already showing up on their calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems that this tool might be more beneficial for smaller businesses but, if you work for a large corporation I think there are additional needs that need to be met in order to keep a company of such a large scale organized properly.

It is easier to distribute hours per project to different people because you can easily see how long someone is working on a project for and how many hours a week they are dedicating to each task.

Zoho Projects review by Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.

"Great ticketing system for small teams"

What do you like best?

Managing tickets is really easy, as well as sending notifications to multiple people at once. It's a great product for a team that did not have a useful ticketing system beforehand. You can Follow a ticket to get updates as it moves along with other coworkers.

What do you dislike?

The ability to copy a project so all of the same users are in it would be nice, instead of having to make a new one from scratch and re-add people. The built in ticket statuses are not as good as they could be, but you can go and add custom ones that fit your needs. In some browsers, you need to type in a user twice to add them to the email notification list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not using a ticketing system, this is a great tool to get your feet wet without committing to a more expensive project like Jira. It's very suited for a company with multiple projects and clients.

General ticketing for client projects at an agency. We had a very clunky system beforehand and this has made it so much easier to check on a project's status if it's not assigned to you. This has really made us much more efficient and I'm not sure how we were able to work so well on projects before it.

Zoho Projects review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Zoho Projects"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Zoho Projects is that I am able to input all of my tasks for myself and my team into one portal. I am also able to comment on the tasks and see their productivity or ask them questions and input information. We are also able to to put a die date on there and it tells us what tasks are overdue.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Zoho Projects is that I don't always get notifications when I have been assigned something or when someone has left me a comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for training if you do not understand how to use it. It is very efficient, but can be confusing at times with everything going on.

The business problem that we are solving with Zoho Projects is that we are able to have all of our tasks in one portal. Along with that we are able to create forums and have all of our notes and are able to contribute in one portal.

Zoho Projects review by Shaival C.
Shaival C.

"Good project management tool"

What do you like best?

The way in which you are able to add users, track milestones and tasks. It is really efficient in tracking bugs as well.

What do you dislike?

Not able to bifurcate between logged hours across multiple users who would have been deleted previously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If managing projects is a problem, then this is something that should definitely be tried once as it ticks the right boxes for us atleast. Do try it out for yourself and manage projects better.

It really helps in getting the team on the same page with regards to the status of a project and makes sure nothing falls into gaps.

Zoho Projects review by User

"Great Project Tracking"

What do you like best?

You not only get a task management system that is highly organized, but you also get time tracking. I like that I can invite clients and assign tasks to them too.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking exporting is good, but a direct integration with QuickBooks Online would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing work that requires complex task management, then check out Zoho Project.

I juggle at least 8 client projects at time. There are so many tasks that are assigned to me and my team members. Zoho Project allows me to stay organized and know a project's tatus

Zoho Projects review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"Easy to use but needs some updates to be great"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. Create a task, add it to a project and boom, you are done. There are many different ways to organize groups, projects and tasks.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to see exactly what your team is working on at one glance. The dashboard is unorganized and it needs some added features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho projects is good for a team. If you need a project management system for a one man show, I do not recommend zoho as it has too many features and is too expensive. Before creating your system within zoho, discuss with your team how you want to organize. At first, our team was very unorganized because we didn't have a system to adding projects and tasks to Zoho. Once we created task templates, it was easy to start a project and know who was assigned what task from the beginning. I highly recommend taking advantage of the templates.

We are able to easily assign tasks and see where we are with projects through the task trackers. We are able to keep documents within projects and edit them within zoho, a great feature.

Zoho Projects review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Capable, but seems backwards compared to "sexier" solutions"

What do you like best?

I like that Zoho Projects is part of a larger suite of Zoho products that I also use.

What do you dislike?

Zoho products in general, including Zoho Projects, seem to be built to serve the company rather than the users. The underlying architecture doesn't seem to change in favor of best practices and users and their growing needs through the years. Asking how to do specialized things that ought to be able to be done via the API results in "the system specification doesn't allow that" types of answers. I've patiently waited for "system specifications" to change over several years, but they haven't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm kind of locked into Zoho for now until I find a way out. Find a different solution if you can.

I'm using Zoho products to run my business, primarily Zoho Books. Its benefit is to keep all my accounting in sync with projects, timesheets, etc.

Zoho Projects review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Gets The Job Done, But Clunkily"

What do you like best?

Zoho allows for collaboration between different departments, and pages are accessible.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the interface is clunky and it is difficult to find documents. We place our documents in pages, and it takes several clicks to get there. The chat app isn't great, and tagging people doesn't always work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gets the job done, just make sure everybody is up to speed on the weird paths it takes to get somewhere.

We use it for inter-departmental communication. I work for an advertising company, so I place the documents with my copy in pages for the designers to grab. It does the job just fine, but the interface is awkward.

Zoho Projects review by Deeanna M.
Deeanna M.

"So quik and nice Software"

What do you like best?

It allows to work with tasks and documents, communicate with colleagues in the comments. It is possible to quickly and easily add statuses, messages, tasks or files.I like it.

What do you dislike?

Till now i don't see things which i will not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely you should try. it's really functionally rich service. A convenient system for working together in real time.

Its helps to manage my projects and keep track of progress even as I am on the go.

Zoho Projects review by sven d.
sven d.

"Freedom and flexibility"

What do you like best?

The freedom to navigate and do easily what you want in different views without clicking additional steps. This interface is very user friendly offering flexible choices so you don't get misled and well managed for optimum performance. Also the minimalist concept of the application which makes it I think one of the best tools in the market. The way this introduces new features is coll too. As another good point of this tool is developing its features so rapidly from time to time.

What do you dislike?

Some minor UI issues are there in Chrome, which should be fixed. ie when you open the bug view and re-size chrome browser, the view disappears. That's the only thing I encountered so far, nothing to else that I dislike though. Honestly the interface is not very attractive, i would prefer a little bit graphically pleasing display of details as well as adding more customization to the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best project management tool in the market.

Time management, Project workflow analysis and mainly bug-fixing. Exposure and communication with all teams to a better understanding of the past,present and future situations of each and every project. The standard in which this interface puts everyone and so all of a team can work together as one in sync to deadlines and as well as understanding each and everyone's skills by looking at the dashboard, task management and bug reporting and resolving tools. It also supports well future planning of upcoming projects too.

Zoho Projects review by Aryn K.
Aryn K.

"Good product with some flaws"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to use. I also appreciate the flexibility in how I set up projects. The time tracking is very efficient and we use it heavily. The bug tracker is also very useful. The key function that made us choose Zoho over another platform was recurring tasks. Those are a must for us, and most other products lack that option.

What do you dislike?

The template could use some work. I'd like to be able to carry over document folders and some key users when I set up a new product. Failing that, user groups, so I could add an entire team to a project at once. Also, the interface to add users to projects is terrible. We have over 100 projects, and it takes a long time to add someone to multiple projects at once because the list is not alphabetized or organized in any way.

We would also like to see RTF comments and the ability to sort comments from newest to oldest, especially on recurring tasks. Finally, the ability to carry over followers on recurring tasks is a gap that needs to be resolved.

We were looking to replace Central Desktop. Zoho has several similarities to our old system, which made the transition easier. The advantages of Zoho for us are price, stability, and robust time tracking.

Zoho Projects review by Vivek J.
Vivek J.

"Zoho projects is a blessing for startups and small businesses!"

What do you like best?

Zoho's freemium model is a boon for startups like ourselves. The fact that it supports project management principles of both waterfall and kanban style, it has given me the flexibility to design my project plans for different teams accordingly. We use it for bug tracking, project milestone management, and task allocation. It's amazing.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to get around the notification settings. It sends an email for every new bug, update etc. It could be just me that I haven't been able to find the right settings but the number of notification emails could flood your mailbox sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, I am sure it wont disappoint you.

We are a SaaS product company ourselves. For us staying on top of our product development and milestones is critical because everything is tied with the product release cycle - new revenue, costs and everything else. Zoho has helped us immensely in that direction and by removing limitation on the number of seats for free package, I am able to get my entire team to report and stay up to date through Zoho projects.

Zoho Projects review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"Zoho Projects - Full featured, breezy and outstanding customer service"

What do you like best?

Oh - we think Zoho is setting new benchmarks in providing customer service and that too on a great product. This shows that these guys do not slacken. There is super quick phone, email as well as chat support from within the program. And after about 5 interactions, you know that the person providing support knows the product very well. Other than that we like Zoho projects because apart from full featured task management, their time logging features are comprehensive and you can log time in so many convenient ways. Their resource balance scale feature is an absolute delight. We strongly recommend Zoho Projects for anyone who wants to make their life easier. The entries are fast and with very minor lags if at all.

What do you dislike?

We are tired of reviews which HAVE TO SAY something that is NOT to be liked. We dont agree. So - we are happy with what we have and more than happy to gloss over any minor irritants - though we do not find any so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rev up your user interface and customer support.

Project Management of Online Marketing Services. These come along with 100's of dependent tasks. It has helped us processize the workflow, cut down on many unwanted conversations and meetings. And it helps us ensure that we complete ALL the tasks planned for a project.

Zoho Projects review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"Well-designed but not the best value"

What do you like best?

This is a very well thought out and designed product overall, with many integrations and details enveloped within the infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

The product itself is on the pricier end for it’s value and the free trial period only allows minimal features in comparison.

Managing projects and project components from start to finish.

Zoho Projects review by Darren H.
Darren H.

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

Time tracking, task management, forums, dashboard, project schedule / Gantt charts, allowing clients to access it

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a form builder feature, which we could really do with.

Also, I'd like to be able to customise the first page as we don't th No the Feed is very useful. I'd like to be able to drag project overview widgets showing the progress (% complete) of chose projects on a dashboard type page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A powerful project management tool that integrates nicely with Zoho CRM. A nice Interface that is easy to use.

Time tracking, knowing how much to bill clients for

Task management

Keeping track of projects

Zoho Projects review by Kristy F.
Kristy F.

"Confusing and Un-necessary"

What do you like best?

I do not like this software at all. It's good for making notes for myself and recording deadlines, but that's all i Ultimately use it for.

What do you dislike?

I took the training course, and the person who hosted it was so boring, I couldn't even pay attention. I got nothing out of it. On top of it, using a system like this might be useful if you have a bunch of people who sit around all day and do nothing but enter in projects and benchmarks on the projects, otherwise, I would rather send an email.

Accountability, project management.

Zoho Projects review by Bryan B.
Bryan B.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The software is friendly and easy to start, yet there are multiple levels allowing for continued user growth. The pricing is sensible for teams without varied levels of participation.

What do you dislike?

The google docs function is there but doesn't work quite right, at least as far as I can determine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get started. As you play, you'll learn better functionality.

Project management and Gantt chart implementation.

Zoho Projects review by Jessica A.
Jessica A.

"Project management with Zoho "

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of Zoho projects and how easy it is for my team and me to use the software to track our hours and different projects.

What do you dislike?

I don’t even use half the stuff you can even use on Zoho. So I wish we could only pay for the project management side of it.

Easy to use and easy for us to track how many hours each of us are doing on each task assigned to us. It solves the problem of having to self-track your time.

Zoho Projects review by Kyle P.
Kyle P.

"Zoho Projects review"

What do you like best?

This is an easy way to keep all information in one place. We also like this because we can give access to our clients so they can see what is going on at a glance.

What do you dislike?

That I get emails everytime a change is made even if it is an account that has nothing to do with me. This might be a set up thing on our end, but that is the most annoying thing about Zoho people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly it works well. My only complaint is I have to login in separately from Zoho CRM and it would be nice if I could access it within the CRM system.

Project management for our clients and communication among staff.

Zoho Projects review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Great light weight project management software"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get started, has a nice interface, and receives frequent updates.

What do you dislike?

Your unable to template task list sets per milestone.

Organized the workload of a team of report developers.

Zoho Projects review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great project management tool!"

What do you like best?

I loved how simple and to the point of a project management platform this is. I loved how they integrate other systems to their own making use even more efficient and needed for a business. The value was also very nice and we wouldn't think twice about buying this over other brands.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how to feel secure and have bug tracking it costs so much more. This difference in price is a little steep. Another thing we noticed was the ability to drag and drop could be added or even quick buttons to ease efficiency.

We are trying to find a good platform to managemet our workspace and develop our company when doing audits and other projects.

Zoho Projects review by A H.
A H.

"Why ZOHO is awesome!"

What do you like best?

The ability to have my team connected and informed has been a huge benefit of Zoho Projects. We were communicating with email, and there was a tendency for projects and tasks to get lost or forgotten. I love the ability to have all communication related to the project in one place and visible to the entire team. The capability to edit documents in real time is a great time saver and prevents the download-update-upload cycle we were forced to use with our previous software. We also use the Gantt chart for keeping up with all of our timelines.

What do you dislike?

The facebook style user interface is not for everyone. Some of our "more mature" users find navigating the software somewhat confusing. I especially don't like that the documents uploaded in Dashboard or Forums don't appear on the "Documents" tab of the project. I would like the Gantt chart to have additional personalization features like the ability to color code tasks by department and have task dates auto-sync when a preceding task is changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the training you need. Zoho support is fantastic and responsive! Don't be afraid to really dig in and understand the features in Zoho. It will just make for a better experience. Plus you'll make the tool more powerful for your organization.

We manage all our projects in Zoho. We are a large manufacturing company with many packaging projects going at once. Many teams are in motion at once, from R&D to Design, to Production, to Purchasing. ZOHO keeps us all linked and informed. We can keep tabs on the projects as they move through various departments and track input from team members all in one place.

We also have a valuable history of the project when it comes time to review our performance after the project is complete.

Zoho Projects review by Hansa S.
Hansa S.

"Simple & Easy, yet Effective Zoho Projects"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and super smart features that make project management very easy

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the list view goes wonky when a task is updated 100% from the list. Also we need to scroll right to the top to use the filter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an efficient yet no hassles free system this is it. Loaded with sensible features and very easy to use.

We manage all our projects plus internal compliance on Zoho. It great to ensure that work is tasked and assigned and there is no miscommunication and blame games. It helps create a environment of responsible ownership of work rather than a boss culture, where only the boss knows everything

Zoho Projects review by Russ S.
Russ S.

"Well-priced alternative to other Project management products"

What do you like best?

Very easy to get started. Frequent updates and enhancements so growing all the time. Good interface and easy to collaborate with others through various ZOHO products.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little cluttered, hard to navigate and daunting got beginners but plenty of online guides to get you started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well priced and easy to set up alternative to more expensive products.

Effective planning, distribution and tracking of tasks and projects.

Zoho Projects review by Prerak T.
Prerak T.

"Nice product for a professional"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is allowing 25 contacts on free plan. Which is enough for get used to the product as a freelancer and it gives nice platform for startups too to boost up their accounting and sales management.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike in particular but the overall web experience could be improved. I found it sluggy sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

When I started using this I was working in a design agency and I just loved helping clients better with this product. I know what is going and at what stage + how much contribution a particular client makes to our total revenue.

Learning about Zoho Projects?

* We monitor all Zoho Projects reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.