Rydoo

Rydoo

Rydoo is a Travel & Expense management application.

Work for Rydoo?

Nathan D.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rydoo
Richard M.
View Original November 26, 2018

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Alex P.
View Original November 15, 2018
Ben S.

"Rydoo Travel and Expense:Do not waste more time on simple administrative tasks, the solution is here"

What do you like best?

I recently came across this incredible tool and decided to apply it to our company because we had been having difficulties with those annoying administrative tasks that only subtract important work time. What I like about this platform is the way in which it simplifies the management of trips through rydoo travel and the expense by our employees through Rydoo Expense in a very simple way by means of photos of invoices and some questions basic in a way that allows us to save time and so our employees can focus on their usual tasks.

What do you dislike?

I really do not find something negative in this platform, since it fulfills in excellent form with its function, this is capable of being a SaaS solution which we can easily configure and it is totally understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Among other recommendations Rydoo is also a platform that facilitates the search for accommodation that suits our needs as a company to host our employees.

In our company we have been highly benefited with Rydoo, thanks to it our our employees not only find the right flights but also other means of transport such as trains and car rentals facilitating their transportation decision quickly. On the other hand its automated cost management allowed our employees through just a photo justifying their expenses generate the necessary information so that our financial team can quickly manage the reimbursements of the employees and the budget of the expenses of the company.

Christin M.

"Manage your trips with Rydoo"

What do you like best?

It is a very intuitive and easy-to-use tool that helps you manage your expenses, it has a mobile version which works very well, it scans and recognizes. Quickly your files. The interface is very elegant

What do you dislike?

Some reports are not as accurate and this represents a problem in terms of accounting, and some other detail in terms of the application such as currency exchange and the photo recognition but it happens very rarely

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can easily manage expenses to my account. In addition the invoices and receipts will no longer be a

problem can even save paper, because with Rydoo we can handle everything from the Web. Everything is completely satisfied since we used this software

It is a worthwhile platform, it is a good option to manage your transactions and travels. I needed to organize my travel budgets and be more careful with the expenses that these processes include and Rydoo helped me a lot, it is a super powerful tool which I recommend for these purposes

Cornel B.

"Best innovation in expense management for my whole business life"

What do you like best?

First of all we needed a confirmation by authorities that we may do our expense management electronically. Submitting your expenses was always the worst process I ever had: collecting receipts, filling in all details like project numbers, invited persons, glue it on a sheet, copy it etc. This led to delays in submitting, return for missing data. I usually did it at the end of a week or month.

Today with Rydoo I'm always in time. Often enough I do it on a daily base because it is so easy and quickly done: take a picture with your phone, make a few entries in addition to the prefilled fields, submit!

I also like that I can work on any device - phone, laptop, PC. Besides taking pictures it is also absolutely easy to transfer electronic bills or milage expenses with an integrated map and distance calculator.

It is a great relieve, compared to everything in the past.

What do you dislike?

There are a few issues like sometimes taking too long to fix the frame for the photo (which also depends on the original document's shape). Sometimes the 'merchant' is not recognized correctly or a wrong amount. Lately it entered Mexican Pesos instead of Euros. But most of the time it works easily and correctly.

The overall expense process is much easier and faster. We not only save time for each single employee but also in controlling/confirmation. Most of all, when we send bills to the clients we are faster because expenses are already registered.

One import topic is the emotional impact that everybody is happy about an easier process compared to the pain the old process caused.

Niels B.

"Surprisingly easy to use"

What do you like best?

The fact that foreign currency is automatically converted to euro is very nice.

Just taking a picture of your receipt is enough for Rydoo to recognize where you payed and how much you payed. It's almost crazy to see how Rydoo recognizes this all automatically.

You keep a nice overview of the expenses you made. No need to save them in a separate file on your PC.

What do you dislike?

Uploading of receipts does not always work with the app.

I once forgot to go over the entire flow to add expenses without realising it.

It took a long time before I realised and so it also took a long time before I got my money back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is so easy to use that I couldn't think of any other way to declare my expenses.

No more need to calculate foreign currency to your own currency.

No more need to keep paper receipts.

Just take a picture with your mobile phone after paying and it's all you need.

No more need to fill in an Excel document to motivate expenses.

Before I got my car I also filled in milage for my personal car. No more need to do this manually in excel.

No more need to collect your expenses from an entire month before you give it all to the company. Even when you have one receipt, just put it in Rydoo at the end of your lunch and you're done.

Siso B.

"Simply wonderfull program to manage expenses"

What do you like best?

Xpenditure is an easy to use, user friendly, intuitive and really fast program to manage the company expenses. As it has the cellphone app, it makes really easy to manage all the expenses, as you can take pictures along the day and then edit the expenses with your PC. It has recognized all the currencies I've scanned and even the hand written tips and totals on american tickets.

What do you dislike?

At this point, after almost two years of use, I find no weakneses to this program, compared with the old system. I have nothing to complain about it. It just works perfectly

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy program. It helps people in your company have a good control on their expenses and the accounting departmenet to have a good control on the company travel budget. It has recognized all the currencies I've scannes, so, it makes my trip better.

Now it's easy to comunicate to my company all the expenses I generate on a business trip. No need to keep tickets. It has eased the managing of my expenses control. Compared to the older system, my expenses management nowadays is fast and easy with a very intuitive and user friendly program.

Meghan K.

"Rydoo- improvement from Xpenditure"

What do you like best?

The first thing I noticed when Xpenditure upgraded was the faster experience in submitting a receipt. The recognition of important information on the receipt is much improved.

What do you dislike?

I think Rydoo could improve on running reports. I have only attempted to run 2 reports through the program but find it difficult to specify exactly what I'd like to track. When I received my report detailing my company user's hotel stays I felt it was lacking information but did not have the time to manually go through past expenses to see if my suspicions were correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rydoo is an excellent way to track business expenses when you have a team of people that all have their own credit cards and are constantly creating expenses with travel, taking clients out to eat, staying in hotels, etc. It is amazing to be able to dump that all into one place with photo evidence of receipts. Rydoo has many features I have not even dived into yet! The merge between a expense tracking site and travel assistance makes sense for any business that requires employees to travel on a regular basis. I highly recommend!

Rydoo holds everyone accountable. We can see if there is a charge on someones card and they have not submitted a receipt for it. I also like that I can use the transactions view to see if I forgot to submit a receipt. It makes life easier.

Frederik D.

"Excellent automated expense management and reporting"

What do you like best?

When on the go it only takes one click to scan your expense note. Rydoo's smart recognition does the rest. It's so easy that I've learned to do this immediately. As a result I have no administrative work after my travel trips. You can easily add all the info that's needed further down the road for excellent and detailed reporting

What do you dislike?

At first we had troubles getting our digital data exported to our accountant his software. As a results we ended up sending pdf reports that we re-entered manually in his system. Luckily Rydoo now provides an export to Exact and other accountancy software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The main purpose of Rydoo was to provide excellent reporting on our travel costs so that we can report the costs to our headquarter and most importantly keep up with the budgets. That goal has been met perfectly. As a surplus we now have detailed and useful information on our travel costs allowing us to optimize them.

Florian F.

"Good but room for improvment"

What do you like best?

The interface is really user-friendly, so it is really easy for the users to understand it, meaning that we need less explanation from the admin and easier onboarding with the tool. I find this tool really convenient for entities with several sites over the world. It is easy to setup different branch and different department for a better control and analysis of the data. It allows two controllers based in Berlin to control and process the expenses of employees from 6 different countries all over the world

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to see the sum of the VAT in the reports and not the sum of the vat per category.

More flexibility on the VAT reports will be nice, this obliges to a lot of manual work.

The entity names on the reports are not accurate, when we run reports for the subsidiaries it is the name of the headquarter which appear and this is inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

no recommendations

Rydoo makes it easier to collect travel expenses from employees located in different countries. As a company of 200 employees, 48 of our employees are located abroad and it was really important for us to have a tool to automize the travel expense process. Rydoo was the perfect tool for this as it allows two controllers based in Berlin to control and process the expenses of employees from 6 different countries all over the world. It makes it easier not to lose any receipts and to access the travel expenses afterwards.

Zachary K.

"It works for us"

What do you like best?

The receipt scanning is pretty slick. The automatic detection of data is also pretty good. The direct Uber integration is cool. There is always friendly tech support available on chat.

What do you dislike?

As an end user, I don't get why expenses have so many statuses. Want a simpler mode, where every transaction IS an expense. I think this is an incredibly common use case for users with corporate cards. Every transaction on my card is an expense. So for me there are lots of duplicated, unnecessary steps to every transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Rydoo Team is great. I am a user who uses this product because my firm does. I don't like our process, and that is likely to color my view of the product. If it's features appeal to you, its is really reliable and well supported.

As an end user, I don't really see the end results. it has taken what was the job of two people and distributed it across 40 or so... which has pros and cons for sure.

Maria Paz Q.

"Be aware of all your expenses and reimbursements in one site"

What do you like best?

I like how Rydoo groups visually the status of the reimbursements, or when you need to take any action on the expenses information. Also the possibility to group the expenses in different trips is very useful to know how much has been spent in a specific travel. Of course also I must point out that the automatic invoice "reader" is incredibly accurate and I never had to change anything. The fact that you can use an app in the phone makes it easier, so you do not need to keep all the tickets during all the trip.

What do you dislike?

I miss to have the upload date in each expense, currently there is only the date of the invoice.

It would be also better if the expenses in the tab "expenses" were not shown "in bulk", but maybe sorted for example by month, using some kind of drop-down menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rydoo is a great tool for tracking all the expenses and reimbursements. It is fast and easy to use, so you do not need to spend long time gathering tickets and introducing the information manually.

Rydoo is an excellent way to keep track of all the expenses. Without this application it is a tedious work to keep all the tickets during the trip until you are back at the office. Also to keep track of the reimbursements you usually need to check your bank account very often, and with this tool you have an overview of where your money is at any time.

Murat B.

"Expenses have never been easier"

What do you like best?

The app makes it very easy and fast to file new expenses, the autofill works pretty well but most importantly, the web interface is great to edit/split/comment expenses :)

The app works amazingly well on capturing receipts on the go without needing to adjust light, crop etc. This lets me submit expenses as I go instead of waiting for some free time at the office with a scanner at the end of the month because it used to be a hassle.

The support also seems to be quite responsive and willing to engage discussions when needed.

What do you dislike?

I see sometimes a few syncing issues from the mobile app when on weak internet connections, but it seems to be improving fast.

Some receipt scans get the vendor names wrong, but overall it is still way above acceptable.

I would be interested in being able to set a deafult country other than mine given that most of my expenses happen in the same other country I mainly travel to for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used in previous positions some competitor products as well as the good old spreadsheet for expenses, this makes my day to day expensing so much easier, as well as being able to get rid of the mass of paper receipt very quickly!

It simply removes the hassle of blocking an hour to do expenses after business trips, the approval system between management and accounting makes it easy to get paid on time.

Also the ability to split with colleagues allows me to pay for a whole bill and afterwards split so it definitely makes my life easier.

Miguel C.

"Happy that it’s so simple to work with"

What do you like best?

I think it’s perfect for persons that are often on the road and can take a 5 min brake and fill up the costs.

The overview of the costs pending it’s also very simple and understandable.

You can’t do anything wrong. Fill up, control it and send it out.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Just sometimes the information of the bills are not correct. But that’s ok. I always do a second control of the costs before I send it out.

I wouldn’t say problems, but issues. With Rydoo the person that work on my costs can plan the day work as he need. If I need to change any costs I’ll just do it over the App.

I don’t have an amount of paperwork/ bills and whatsoever to give away.

And it creates a better system flow in the company.

Nico H.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I use Rydo both as a user and an approver and what I like best is the user-friendliness of the tool. Rydo is easy to use (screens are logically built-up, nice and simple), it demands low effort (both for approving an expense as for uploading an expense) and it's easy accessible (from mobile and laptop). Next to that it's also a stable environment, until know i never had issues in terms of accessibility, donw-time or whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any negative feedback to give. As a suggestion I can maybe add that an automatic reminder to approvers (when expenses are not validated in 'x' time) might be a plus.

It seems obvious but Rydo saves me a lot of time. I only have to upload a picture or an expense-note from my computer and Rydo does the rest. Required fields are pre-filled and approvers are notifified by mail. Besides, i don't have to be afraid anymore that expenses are lost along the way.

Peter V.

"The only app you need for all your expenses"

What do you like best?

I like that it is so easy and complete. It's so easy to get your expenses in there. Email or upload a file or use your webcam when you're on your PC or laptop, take a photo directly from the mobile app e.g. when you're in the restaurant, Rydoo can read the text and fill in most of the fields automatically,...The overview with status is clear and simple. And if you have a question or are stuck somewhere, there's a very efficient live chat help.

What do you dislike?

For now I did not yet find anything about it that I dislike and I'm pretty sure that if I get stuck somewhere, that the live chat help function will quickly help me out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth it

No hassle with making expense reports anymore, having to fill out forms with all kinds of irrelevant questions. We now have a simple interface that helps us to efficiently get our expenses paid out.

Jason D.

"You get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

Price, came in substantially lower per-annum than the alternatives.

Design, one of the best looking options in it's field.

What do you dislike?

Don't expect to manage/reconcile your statements and expenses via the mobile app. Its functionality is extremely limited.

Don't expect to be notified via app or otherwise when you have new transactions on your card statement that need to be matched to an expense.

App accepts nearly unusable receipt scans.

No satisfaction/money back guarantee of any kind.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Feels like we stepped into an awkward transition as Xpenditure became Rydoo during our onboarding. From what I can tell the old app was better.

Certify and Expensify were both more expensive, but after a few months of Rydoo I think we would have done better to go with one of them.

It's a bit more streamlined than our previous system of self-handled spreadsheets, but at the moment we're wishing we'd spent extra and opted for Expensify or Certify.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Used to be promising, getting worse all the time"

What do you like best?

Easy to use app for our users, administration in the backend has a lot of options for user management, integration with Exact Online project management, costcentres etc.

What do you dislike?

It turns out to mess up our books. Imports are dead wrong, making us loose quite a large amount of money on VAT as it turned out after a closer look last year. Also for a while now expenses are being imported as sales (yes, that's right ?!?). For the moment we're still using it for the employees and copying / pasting the expenses into our books instead of importing. Support is non-existing. They don't even reply let alone solve issues. As we haven't found the right alternative yet this might be the best work around for a while to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't try this. It will cost more money than in saves.

The benefits we realized in the past using Xpenditure have all been undone by the money we lost on Rydoo and our messed up books. Not to speak of the countless hours of correcting bookings by hand when we found the problems. Or the frustration and aggravation.

Bastien S.

"Smooth"

What do you like best?

The UI & UX make it easy and enjoyable to use. The more you use it day to day, the faster it is to fill the forms, you can almost do it machinaly without even thinking about it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have some bugs when chosing the type of expense. When clicking on th type of expense I want to introduce, it shows an error page

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't know about others expense apps but I'm pretty sure it would be hard to offer a better experience than Rydoo

Easy to send my travel expenses and my parking tickets. It counts my kilometers for me, gives me multiple choices of itenerary from point A to point B, gives me the opportunity to memorize some places I go so I can select them more easily in the future

Peter C.

"Jealous global colleagues"

What do you like best?

As not all countries within our company are using Xpenditure and I work in a global team, I see fellow colleagues struggle with their expenses over and over (stick notes on a paper, scan, enter data in on-line systems, send, follow-up…). I get my expenses done in no time (use Mobile-app, take picture, upload, done). The attached automated workflow ensures it reaches the approver(s) and accounting for payment.

What do you dislike?

When scanning a receipt, the auto detection (when switched on) of the document border could be better especially with e.g. hotel bills on white paper with a dark banner (banner gets cut-off and looses the hotel name). On these type of bills I just disable the auto-border detection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it

Expense declaration. Saves my time and everybody in the expenses process.

John P.

"I hated doing my expenses until now"

What do you like best?

The ability to take a picture on my phone and with only a few clicks have the system automatically complete my expenses.

What do you dislike?

The lay out on tabs I use most frequently are not consistent as to where they appear on a screen. So for example Expense class may be third box on the left when entering an accommodation expense but second on the right when entering milage. Also on entering milage, having selected it from the drop down to complete an milage expense claim, why do I need to tell the system again that it is milage under type of expense?

Reporting and collation of the teams expenses, trending over time, billing expenses back to customers and most importantly time and effort saved.

"Rydoo, the excellent expenditures ticketmaster"

What do you like best?

The easy way to add expenditures (tickets, mobility passes ...) to your account on every device is by far the biggest advantage of Rydoo.

The fact that the software recognises the tickets and fills in most of the fields automatically, makes it easy to add new expenditures.

The feature that calculates the distance when you have to travel for work is a third strength of the application.

Our company also works with different departments and it is very easy to attribute a particular expenditure to a specific department. Furthermore it is also very userfriendly to send your expenditures to the manager and when sometime is missing, you get feedback instantly.

Most of the time I use the mobile app, when I want to add an expenditure referring to a website or a bank statement, I use the website. Both of them work in the same way and are very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

(If I really have to name something ... the 'new' name Rydoo)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The easiest way to add a new ticket by taking a picture , is to put the picture on a bright background.

You can easily add expenditures to your account. In the past I had to keep all the tickets myself and sometimes I lost some tickets or I just forgot to add expenditures to my account. Now, I immediately add an expenditure to my account, after making a trip for work just by using the app.

"Easy to use online expense management fro bigger companies"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product. I simply log in, upload a photo/document of the receipt, wait a couple of minutes and come back to review. in 9/10 cases everything seems to be well recognised. I especially like the unit recognition, because it's easy to forget to set the correct one if it's not a repetitive invoice.

What do you dislike?

the part that I find a bit confusing is the per diem part. I don't know why but I never seem to get it right, or at leat understand what to put where. I am missing some kind of a guidance text box or example. In the end I need to go to finance to get help. The thing is that each trip is specific, so I cannot just make a template and go with it.

Uploading invoices for all the apps or extensions we use and doing the per diem. I realised I do not need to annoy finance each time I have something (unless it's per diem). Also, it's saving paper.

Learn more about Rydoo

Rydoo Videos

Learning about Rydoo?

* We monitor all Rydoo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.