WageWorks Reviews & Product Details

WageWorks Overview

What is WageWorks?

WageWorks cares about people and wants to empower everyones employers, employees, and their families to lead healthier, happier, and more productive lives.

WageWorks Details

Showing 42 WageWorks reviews
Location
Already have WageWorks?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use wageworks to get my yearly MTA transit card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I get my transit card sent to me yearly, automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to create a new account when I use it with a new employer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I save money by spending pre-tax dollars on transit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Underwriter
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

dependent care FSA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing. Please refer to the dislike section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They denied a claim when I provided all required information. I reached out to them, called them (and was on hold for an hour) and got no help. I will be pursuing legal remedy against them as they unlawfuly withheld thousands of dollars from me. Their response time is very slow and their processing center is inept. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

look elsewhere for FSA dependent care Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

they have solved no problems. they only cause problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use WageWorks to verify accuracy of receipts, view my HSA balance and Dependent Care balance (and submit reimbursements for Childcare requests) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can easily request reimbursement for childcare by uploading a receipt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The portal can be a bit confusing when trying to view transaction history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Great site! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reviewing and uploading receipts has been helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safety Director/HR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Employee FSA/HRA and COBRA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Absolutely nothing. There has been no part of this process that worked the way it was promised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am a Plan Administrator for a 350 employee company. WageWorks was a horrible experience for me and all of our employees. We lasted one year. I would say that 90% of our claims were denied and the employees and myself had to fight to get the money they had coming. I didn't think anyone could be worse in customer service than Discovery Benefits, but these guys top the list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I wish you the best if your not having the issues we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Left them after a year Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

commuter benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

nothing, they are extremely frustrating to deal with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

their customer service are completely unhelpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I tried to get reimbursed for a monthly pass that never arrived and I still only received partial a month later. I have contacted them dozens of times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Health Flexible Spending Account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Tax-exempt health spending is the only beneit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This company now makes you get special receipts for EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION and it takes about 5 minutes per receipt to submit online.Their customer service is terrible. Honestly any money i saved I already lost in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Go somewhere else for your FSA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not many to be honest. THey cause more problems then they solve. Very poor management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff Account
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use WageWorks on the monthly basis to order my commuter benefit, Charlie Card. It's convenient because the card arrives before the beginning of the new month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best is being able to get my commuter Charlie Card before every month and not have to worry about my commute into work but thats about it. I don't use it very often only once a month but even when I do it is sometimes annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most about WageWorks is the user interface and overall user experience when using this tool. The fact that most of the time it just logs you out in the middle of you trying to do something is very annoying. Multiple times I had issues logging in for no reason and simple just had to wait to next day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I think when considering a tool like WageWorks I'd look at other companies maybe with an easier workflow and ease of use and nicer user experience and interface because even as someone who is somewhat tech savvy but this tool is sometimes very hard to use. I like that I can get my Charlie Card before every month on time but that's about it otherwise it's somewhat annoying to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GB
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Filing expenses for FSA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of using the software. The UI is easy to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Login screen on the phone always logs me out and I have to relogin every time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File my FSA expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Managing employee benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was simple to use and provided an intuitive UI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Was not integrated to too many other apps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One stop shop for all benefits information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

It helps manage your health benefits and keep track of receipts and recording and expenses very well. Claims have never been easier to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to toggle through HSA and submitting a health benefit reimbursement to my ahR department. Keeps track of al expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The layout is a little confusing and gives a ton of info with little guidance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management of my own benefit is becoming clearer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use WageWorks to do employee reimbursements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy and user friendly the tool is. Literally learned it in minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about WageWorks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Get it. It's a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to allow employees submit reimbursements for massage, gym memberships, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Wageworks is used for reimbursement for any company perks that we get at my office like fitness reimbursement for example. I use the tool once or twice monthly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to get my money back on the next paycheck that I get. My membership is expensive and I am only able to afford it because of wageWorks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the overall interface of the website. It seems outday=ted and there is no way to submit the receipt until after I submit and it tells me the receipt is missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Search around. I am not a fan of the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

marketing manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use wageworks for my dependent expense, commute and parking and healthcare expense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that it makes it easier to track everything including what I have spend, how much I have left in my account and submit all the expenses online too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I dont have anything specific that I dislike about Wageworks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've used wageworks to get a reimbursement for child-care and commuting expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I don't like the service at all. If I ran HR at my company we would go with another provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Basically I feel like anything I do through wageworks is 10 times as difficult as it should be. Some examples:

Money I've contributed "expires" in that you have to use it during a certain time period. This doesn't make sense, I made the contribution, it's my money, I should be able to use it anytime I want.

Bike Transit expenses are particularly difficult. I have to print a form, fill it out, attach receipts and then wait.. nothing gets updated online and if I want a status update I need to call and go through an automated phone tree. This is a benefit that I get through my work for free and I never use it because it's such a hassle.

I've also had to call in personally on other things that should be view-able in the web portal.. why has my claim been "pending" for so long? Oh, call the number and come to find out it's never going to be processed because there weren't enough funds in the account.

The system we used to use just gave you a debit card that had the money you'd contributed to the account, there was no paperwork or phone calls or any hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use WageWorks for the Flex Spending of vision and dental expenses only, because I have a high deductible health plan in which I can save pre-tax dollars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to submit all expenses online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some expenses I submitted, that are necessary, were decline for some reason, but it wasn't worth my time to fight it (the expense should have otherwise been obvious to me). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

From a user point-of-view (not a partner or paying customer), it would be *very* helpful if you better outline all approved expenses for vision and dental, if participants are in a high deductible health care program. For example, I wear contact lenses, which require the use of a solution. When I submitted the expense for the solution, it was denied without a good reason. However, it was not a high enough expense for me to spend the time to fight it, so I was out of pocket on that money. More detailed explanations of denied claims would then be very helpful. It would also be nice to receive email notifications when a claim has been updated, rather than me having to login each time to check.

I can't otherwise comment on pricing/service, because I'm not the paying customer rep from our company. I'm just the employee using the tool, which, as noted above, has some room for improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative - Mid-Commercial
Internet
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This tool is fantastic if you live in a city with public transportation. It allows you out of your paycheck (pretax) and put it towards transportation. My company also gives us a wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, massages, etc. once a month and call all be redeemed through WageWorks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to submit claims and all of the processing is done automatically. As an employee, I simply fill out the forms, submit my request and I get an email when it is finalized and ready to be approved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface seems a little old school. They could use some work on the design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you need a tool to help with employee benefits, look no further. This tool has everything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

they keep you holding forever- have noncompetent fluent English people; speaking that know nothing of policy- say they will resolve never do-computer system doesn't show any of my info been trying over a month to get fixed. say only IT can do it- it never gets done- of course, you can't speak to it

they put out surveys like they care- waste of time they don't Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

nothing really - i guess they are great at taking our employees money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

never any response on issues- very talk wait on phone- incometent poor english speakers- i could go on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

dont bother if you want to keep your employeres happy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have used wageworks to manage my FSA and dependent care. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage my account online and that I get notified when a claim status is updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I'm checking status of FSA claims or making updates, I often find myself getting lost in the interface. It's a bit complicated and looks very dated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

You probably don't have a choice, since there aren't any competitors for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Reimbursement of HSA expenses for employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to access with the app with simple interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not contain all of the items to get reimbursed for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Seems good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TB
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Tried to use wageworks for commute reimbursement. But that didn't work out. It was a bad experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

WageWorks is a complete scam. It is a means to take your money under the guise of a commuter tax-free option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unless you monitor your payments and claims constantly you will almost certainly fall victim of their scheme. I have been putting in money for commuting on transit. What they fail to tell you is that unless you use the funds each month in entirety they will keep the remaining funds. Don't believe their line "the funds rollover", maybe but you won't be able to actually access it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

when i called wagework they helped me change my order for the month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

they have good customer service and are helpful when i call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i dont like that we cant change anything after the 10th of the month. even if you miss the deadline by a day and theres still a a couple of weeks left for the new order to actually be effective.arrive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use this product to claim benefits for various programs at my company. For example I can request commuter benefits that are required by California. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that there are flows that navigate me through the various programs and help me make my requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like there are too many clicks to do some simple tasks. While I never really feel lost it seems I take a long time to do simple things like submit a claim. I don't know if this just how my company has integrated with the WageWorks or if it's the system itself, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

helped me with the HSA saving account. Lost the card, sent me a replacement at the earliest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Good HSA service. Easy access toHS account with balance and spendings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Quite a lot of emails are being sent out every month on promotional basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Its very easy for me the locate programs available... And the navigation is very intuitive. Simple way to make requests, really like the entire solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use and the navigation is very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! :) Didn't have an issues and was please all around with the solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internal Operations & Core Partner
Management Consulting
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

WageWorks provides our staff with the ability to pay for public transportation using money pulled directly from their paycheck. This allows them to pay with pre-tax money! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the money is pre-tax and that I can access the money using a debit card directly at the ticket machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't love their website, I think it could be more streamlined and updated. Looks like it hasn't been updated in many years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Don't let the bad website deter you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for WageWorks?

WageWorks Categories on G2