1871 Reviews & Product Details

1871 Overview

What is 1871?

Come to a place where you can share ideas, make mistakes, work hard, build your business and, with a little luck, change the world.

1871 Details

Location
Already have 1871?
Freelance Writer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

During my time in Chicago as a newlywed, I took a Lean Startup Course at 1871 that changed my life. I look forward to speaking there one day. I know see business, Startups and content strategy in a whole new light. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the educational courses and professionalism. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wanted more events and membership options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was solving how children with disabilities were impacted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was a part of two separate teams which launched 2 different softwares; one is a quality monitoring software and the other is an e-commerce solution for small business owners. Both are technology solutions (SaaS). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The collaborative nature of the space and the resources that are available i.e. help hours, workshops, relationships that I've curated through my membership there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The leading dislike would be the expense. Office rent is pretty pricy for an established company. Some policies are starting to look akin to money grabs like exit charges, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do your due diligence, take a tour, and interact with the community as you deliberate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The missions of our startups; simplifying the process of managing an online store. 1871 helps with making sure the problems we encounter can be solved with their network. I've realized benefits in business development, financial modeling, and networking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Channel Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was involved with 1871 for about 2 years and all along the way was continually provided job opportunities. Eventually, we found a great fit at an app start up in St. Louis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The recruiters and resources provided were awesome! I turned down several opportunities that were not the 'right' one, and still my recruiter was actively looking and trying to help me land a fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that once I was an employee of a company that resided in 1871, it was still difficult to gain access to the building without having to check-in or getting approval. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I'd highly recommend anyone interested in technology positions to explore the resources that 1871 provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1871 enabled a flexible work style and collaborative environment with like-minded people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

1871 got me in touch with my current employer through their job advertisements, and then helped train me for the position with the help of Promotable, an education service working out of the space. I always enjoy days when we work here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1871 provides the space for my company to meet with advisors and consultants in the technology space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The parking can be hard around the Merchandise Mart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It is a great space for tech incubators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company needs a good space to meet downtown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PT
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Through affiliation in various accelerator programs housed in 1871 I’ve been able to work out of there a number of occasions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1871 is phenomenal for networking, programming, and learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it’s so good for networking and events, I’ve found it tough to do actual work there. I often find every few minutes you see someone you know and either have a mini conversation or stop to give them a nod, which still pulls you away from your work. So, just something to be aware of. And I’m so easily distracted that it becomes a problem for me. But might be fine for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don’t know this question properly applies to 1871. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Latinx incubator Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This year’s 1871 programming /curriculum has been more robust and integrated with the rest of the 1871 ecosystem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Membership is expensive. Space rental is expensive. The member benefits are not as worthwhile as you’d expect paying such a high price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Like anything else, you get out what you put in. If you’re an early stage founder/organization, then deliberate and proactive networking is key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developing the pipeline of diverse and Latinx tech founders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have taken advantage of several seminars and meet and greets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the variety of events they put on as well as the space itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to note. Everything was very positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Very professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have not solved any problems with 1871. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for 1871?