Spiff Reviews & Product Details

Spiff Overview

What is Spiff?

Spiff is the leading commission calculation software that takes the manual labor and complexity of your current commission processes and completely automates it. With Spiff, your team won't have to spend hours modeling, updating, and managing complex spreadsheets or old enterprise software to pay commissions. Deployed at some of the fastest growing, long-established, and innovative companies, we've turned revenue management from a behemoth kept at bay into a motivation engine that maximizes sales team engagement and accelerates their growth. By maximizing visibility into the commission plans with real-time transparency, we've turned sales data into actionable insights. Accessible from any Spiff dashboard, the Real-Time Insights feature allows you to visualize trends across plans, teams, and your entire organization. Spiff boasts one of the industry's fastest purchase to performance times. It doesn't require special connections to be coded as it connects directly to your CRM, ERP, Payment Processors to reduce work load and increase accuracy every time someone checks their dashboard. Boasting Android and iOS apps anyone and anywhere on your team can watch your company grow from 10 to 10,000 sales reps with the new world of automated commission calculation.

Spiff Details
Discussions
Spiff Community

Let us save you from hours spent every month in finicky spreadsheets. Improve quality and provide your reps with personalized, real-time commission portals. Along the way we'll work together to boost sales by up to 10%.

Spiff brings the world of commissions into a new future where spreadsheets aren't the interface that companies are forced to throw hours of employee time at. Every feature is built to be quicker and easier than tired industry assumptions. With Spiff, there's no reason to invest in professional services to manage maintenance or implementation. Spiff is up and running in less than a month and transforms the black box of commissions into a transparent, growth generation channel for your business. Happy sales reps will push your company to the next level with Spiff.

Spiff
2017
Sandy, UT
@Spiff_Inc
553 Twitter followers

Spiff Videos

Spiff Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Spiff community
Have you used Spiff before?

Spiff Reviews

Showing 812 Spiff reviews
Already have Spiff?
Enterprise Account Development Manager
Sales Manager
What do you like best?

Spiff gives me the best insights into the deals closed and recorded and also the compensation I will be getting paid for the month. As a sales manager, it also gives me an extra eye into how my team is doing. In my 1 on 1 meeting and pipe reviews with my reps, I like to set revenue goals with each rep, and SPIFF gives us an idea of how we can execute each individual's revenue goals. SPIFF is a great took to give me better insights into important data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data isn't always accurate, but I believe that is an internal problem with our admins not updating our compensations plans correctly in the system. If there was a better report to break things down in the most simple way possible. For example, clicking on your name, and tells you in a more simple manner exactly how the compensation is attributed. Although this data is already available, it is 9 out of 10 times difficult for a rep to understand and comprehend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiff fills the gap of uncertainty that salespeople have when it comes to better visibility on deals closed and compensation rewarded. It's also a great tool for me to look to double-check the compensation plans for my individual reps as a sales manager. SPIFF is also a great goal-setter when reps share what their revenue goals are for the year, SPIFF helps us to track on how well reps are doing in reach their revenue goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Spiff
Enterprise Account Executive
What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI and easy breakdown of the information. It also has a chatbot that is consistently there as support which is a great asset.

The visualisation and calculator are the best assets in my experience as it helps answer the two fundamental question all sales reps have, which are "how much commission am I receiving this month/quarter" and "how much can I earn if I close all the business in my pipeline"

Update: provided feedback to the support team when we initially onboarded Spiff and it was implemented by the team with cleaner visualisations and easier to navigate drill-downs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be difficult to understand the roll-up of percentage earnings when looking at historic data and this is where being able to drill down further into each piece of the earned commission would be better.

Update: very happy with the discussions that came as a result of this with support and the internal team, turns out it was due to integration issues on our side which are now fixed and the integration with Salesforce means we can find the opportunity name easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a slick and easy to use commission and performance management tool then Spiff is your pick. There are a lot of commission tools that you can pay a lot of money for that makes things very complex and often leaves the sales reps asking questions, this is not what we've experienced with Spiff and any questions asked have very easily been welcomed by the support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transparent earnings mean more accurate budgeting. Helps to forecast what will end up being on my payslip. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

SPIFF saves me a ton of time as a Sales Manager and makes managing quota carrying reps so much easier. I can see updated % to quota for myself and my team. Everyone that needs to (including leadership and finance) has access to this information as well. No more broken excel spreadsheets and "how much will I earn this month" questions floating around.

It's a very easy to use and intuitive tool and since implementing it they've already made improvements and responded to product feedback with updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that stands out in my mind as it's been such an improvement from excel spreadsheets. I do wish it updated automatically in real time rather than nightly or with a manual "refresh". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely would recommend implementing SPIFF it will make your life easier and your Sales reps will love it too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication across Finance, Sales Leadership and Sales reps has improved - we all have access to the information we need to stay informed about commissions. As a company we all save time and have more transparency across the board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Executive
What do you like best?

Spiff has been a tremendously helpful tool for our organization. Before the incorporation of this tool we did not have clear line of site into what we should be expecting on a quarterly basis for commissions. Having this level of structure and transparency has allowed us to eliminate concerns at the end of each quarter. I like how the dashboard shows quarter over quarter progress and results. My goal is to have a step up in the bar each quarter! Being a competitive person it is always fun to see that climb up! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From a dislike perspective we have fund that the correlation between salesforce and spiff is helpful assuming the rules are correct. Not always the case. This isn't necessarily a spiff issue. It would be great to be able to flag which items we feel are incorrect directly in Spiff. Right now we are not able to do this without taking screen shots and manually highlighting them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot for sure. It has been an extremely helpful tool for our organization. The more that I have used the tool on a quarterly basis the more it has made my life easier. I am sure that each organization will be using this tool for different reasons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems that we are solving for are organization, structural and transparency. By having this type of platform in place we have been able streamline the approval and alignment process. Functionally Spiff is very easy to navigate and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

I am not an administrator on Spiff, I am just a user. But these are some of my thoughts on the product: It shows clearly what my commissions are and breaks them down for me. I also like that it I can see my commissions for past months as well. I also like that I can look at the plan details and see the functions that are used to calculate my commission payment. The overall interface looks clean and simple, which I like. I don't love that my default picture was a kitten but that's not a big deal at all. I like that I can easily find where to export the breakdown as a spreadsheet; I don't really use that feature much as an SDR but I think that in an AE role that would be very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I've disliked about it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that Spiff is a great platform and it is simple, clean, and very functional. I've never had any issues with it and as far as I'm aware, the administrators at my company that oversee the use of Spiff also really enjoy it. Spiff makes it easy for me to see my commissions and trust that I am being paid what I am supposed to be paid. I also like that I am able to go in and check my progress towards hitting quota throughout the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our sales department uses Spiff to track our commissions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Manager, Growth Operations
What do you like best?

This tool is great. It ha a very clean look and feel, was easy to set up, and is really easy for users to get the info they need. We only use it for monthly commission tracking but it provides our Sales reps with the visibility into how much commission they earn on each deal (plan, rate, Spiff, expected payout date, etc.) In addition, it was great working with their team when we were initially setting it up - their engineers are very knowledgable about the different use cases for commission payouts so setting up our complex system was actually very straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being able to customize the UI a bit more than we're currently able to would be great. We'd love the ability to add, remove, and/or move fields around on the screen so we can more specifically customize what our users see on their screens. Also, being able to apply additional date filters would be great -- right now we only group deals by months but being able to look weekly, quarterly and yearly would also be helpful. I am told this is on their product roadmap though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take a look at this tool. It is very easy to use, and provides great visibility for your commission earning reps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our reps have real-time visibility into the commission they're earning on every deal, which is great because we only send out statements at the end of each month, so they're now able to raise concerns/issues/questions with us immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Account Executive, Team Lead
What do you like best?

Clear, concise visibility into what I've earned, what I could earn, and how to maximize my compensation plan. Also, as a leader, it helps me clearly use our comp plans to motivate the reps on my team. The biggest value it has provided me is probably the time back from not having to meet with each individual rep to provide updates on where they stand and what they need to accomplish to max out their variable compensation. They can get those details pretty easily themselves, and then any convos we do have about it are just to quickly clear up any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is probably more of an operational problem internally, but often has miscalculations that have to be cleaned up by our sales ops team. Not a big deal, but can take some time to fix. Overall, still quicker and more accurate than doing napkin math or using a spreadsheet. I think they could have provided a bit more onboarding support/training on best practices on how to use the tool to motivate reps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The impact it will make will be beyond what the tool itself can provide. It needs to be implemented correctly and then coaching for your leaders on how to use it to motivate the reps would also be critical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provide clear visibility to those on the team what they've earned and what their earning potential is. Those things have been accomplished and it also has freed up time from having to have manual compensation reviews before the end of each quarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

I just love the visibility. Giving our reps the ability to see where their commissions are in real time is a game changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is adding a comp plan isn't plug and play. If something looks off it's difficult to figure out why. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it is able to work with your different commission structures. Make sure you roll it out properly so your team doesn't lose trust in the tool. If they have speculation around if the tool works, adoption will be hard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've gotten so much time back. In prior roles in sales leadership, a lot of one on one time is spent with reps running through commissions. It takes a lot of time and it all happens at once when commissions are paid. Spiff gives me that time back. In addition, my reps can focus on generating revenue and not have to worry about getting paid commission correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Regional Sales Manager
What do you like best?

Best thing -- not having to manually keep track of my commissions! I can check Salesforce v Spiff for any discrepancies, and rather than waiting for the monthly email from my Sales Ops team to see if their number matches mine, I know what it is at all times. Additionally, the folks at Spiff are VERY responsive in making sure the product is working exactly the way we need it to.

I also like that my company has flexibility to add in additional bonuses that I've received, outside of my standard commission, in Spiff.

Also -- Mobile app w/ SSO! Fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Seeing the deals broken out by month would be great -- I have to filter to a chronological order right now, otherwise I see more than what pertains to the specific commission report in question. This could be something my company needs to fix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

peace of mind, maybe?! not having to keep track in a separate Google doc, so a time savings effect for sure. As long as the same deals are in SFDC and Spiff, there is no more 'me v my company', Spiff is the amicable middle-man :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from JP Maitre of Spiff

Thanks so much for your feedback and support Frederick! We have made some improvements on the refresh and will continue to do so so please, stay tuned =). Thanks again!

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

I love being able to track my own commissions easily and access them any time of the month. It's easy on the admin side for us to go in and make corrections when there are errors. The interface is super slick and easy to navigate. I also am able to contact my deal desk when there are errors and just send them the links to the specific events that I'm concerned about in a super easy to manage way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot - there are occasional discrepancies between it and SFDC but they are easy to work out with an admin. Occasionally I've noticed it takes a while of event details to sync, and I've reached out to my admin or to SPIFF support for help in those situations. I also work with events and SQOs (sales qualified opportunities) and my self serve SQOS (worth 0.5 credit) don't always show up in the final tally although they are counted. That can cause discrepancies sometimes, but are typically well managed on the admin side. There aren't a ton of other things I would say I dislike about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's a great tool that keeps a multi level sales team on track and organized. Helps commissions stay accurate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of commissions accurately and easily for everyone to access. I've realized the benefits are keeping track through multiple paychecks the commission trends and ensuring you're performing your best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Events Services
What do you like best?

I used to have to build my own complicated spreadsheets to get commission calculations and would always worry that my numbers would be different than the companies and there was just never as much transparency as I wanted but that's all changed!

I love being able to go in and see with easy dashboards what commission is coming my way and as a manager, it's given me more visibility than ever into my reps which is something I never had access to or knew before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, this tool is doing exactly what I would expect it to do so I don't have anything that I dislike right now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Manager of Customer Success
What do you like best?

The user interface for Spiff is real slick and easy to understand. Once the back-end commission values are entered, it's real easy for my sales team to see where their commission amount stands at any point of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with any transition, we had some hiccups as we attempted to close out our first month for commission payments. Our Spiff Customer Success Manager and tech partner were able to work through the Salesforce integration fine tuning to address the calculation discrepancies in time for our end of month payroll processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We implemented Spiff at the start of the 2021 calendar year. Prior to this, we were manually pulling reports from SFDC and mapping certain opportunity types to commission rates, factoring referral rates manually, etc. This has saved our Sales Operations team considerable administrative time. Now, our sales team can quick log in to see their commission performance month-to-date at a macro-level and at one click can be at the micro-level to see all the commission events and types that are being summed into this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting Manager
What do you like best?

Really enjoyed the implementation process and how they are willing to help you throughout the process. Not just building out your commission plans but also making sure that you understand the formatting and syntax of each plan built in the system. If you don't understand something they are very responsive to your questions asking for help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much you can complain about when it comes to spiff. The one thing that took me a while was figuring out how each part of the system interacts with the other. I feel like this is a pretty standard issue with learning new software but Spiff was a little more complex than other commission software that I have used. There are certain steps that need to be taken in order to make sure your logic is sound which troubled me during the builds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It automates our commission calculations and gives our team the ability to see potential payouts based on certain deals closed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll Manager
What do you like best?

Spiff is great for managing our very complex commissions structures. It is incredibly customizeable and allows us to build multiple different structures into the system. It allows commissioned employees to see their pay out in real time as well. The logic used throughout Spiff is very simple as well and it allows you to break out each individual piece of any commission structure in order to trace potential errors or easily make adjustments in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the learning curve is initially somewhat steep when first being introduced to the system. That said Spiff's implementation team was great with helping me to understand how the system works, how to navigate it, and how to best use it in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a pretty complex commission structure for our door to door sales reps, they often have questions and our team handling commissions is relatively small. Having a system that we can update and have it display in real time for our sales reps will save us a lot of time and effort. It will also be useful in our inside sales channel for this reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
What do you like best?

It is so user friendly and easy to use. We initially went with another company and ended up having to change to Spiff after working with the other company for 8 months. Spiff was SO great at understanding our plans and building them out for us. We were up and running so fast and everything works great! This software has been a game changer for me and has saved SO much time in my month processing commissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there has been nothing I dislike about Spiff. The only thing I asked for was a more robust commission approval process and they were already in the process of getting that rolled out.

Have been running commissions for 7 months now and I still have not found anything that I dislike! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont hesitate....go for it this project is seriously a game changer and has been so amazing for our company and myself :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting us off of excel spreadsheet commissions and automating them. This program has also given our reps the ability to look forward and know what to expect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Lead, Customer Onboarding
What do you like best?

I love that I can check my commission at any time and it provides such a clear overview in terms of the calculations. We used to have to pull all kinds of reporting that never gave an accurate overview, so this is amazing! The UI is great, super user friendly and very intuitive. It saves a lot of hassle me reaching out to operations constantly as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across something I don't like yet! The app could use a bit more improvement, but it's not something I would use multiple a days, so I usually just access on the computer which works great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It automates being able to track my commission and also gives good insight of the team and where we are standing. It's super transparent and easy to access, which saves a lot of time and lets me know exactly how I am doing in terms of my performance goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative
What do you like best?

Spiff takes all of the guesswork and complicated calculations out of your commissions - it makes it incredibly simple and straight forward to track your monthly commission payouts, but also shows the "big picture" view of how you've been trending to goal on the month-to-month overview chart. I feel that it has already drastically improved the efficiency across each level of our sales organization with respect to commission tracking and calculations, and has also redirected related busywork from executives, allowing them to focus their time and efforts on more impactful tasks and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't have any major complaints. For the month of January, we did not seem to have a real-time view of our commissions, but that seems to have been resolved this month and is now visible on our tracking dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiff streamlines the commission statement process and makes it very simple to identify and reconcile any commission issues quickly. It's really taken any of the ambiguity out of calculating commissions due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr Accounts Generalist
What do you like best?

Mark Christiansen, our consultant made our onboarding and setup super smooth. He responded quickly to our questions each time and showed competence and knowledge in his answers and solutions. Spiff provided a lot of room for customization which is super important for us. We also added our Singapore entity which added another layer that involves another currency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing negative so far :) We are very happy with Spiff and what it can do to help us with commission calculations. As we only started using Spiff towards the end of 2020, we are now working towards adjusting to a new 2021 contract which is caused a delay from our side. We look forward to a smooth transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The turn around time in commission calculations is so much better. The approval workflow will also be a great enhancement for our processes. Our sales reps will be benefiting with the online dashboard. Its ease of use and transparency will increase motivation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Accounts Rep
What do you like best?

Working with the Spiff team has been a real pleasure. Our integration was spearheaded by Carolyn and Mark who consistently delivered results and maintained constant communication. We presented different pain points to the Spiff team and they delivered solutions for each one. One of my favorite features of the tool is the user interface. It's intuitive, accessible, and has a modern design. We recently rolled out to our sales team and all the feedback has been positive. Spiff is a robust tool that has the flexibility to accommodate the needs of any business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The Spiff team has shown great flexibility in adapting the tool to our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Spiff, we were primarily using Excel to calculate commissions and payouts. This resulted in hours of manual entry with no real workflow. Spiff has been a game changer. Commissions are now calculated in real time with approvals and processes set in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

The team at Spiff is unparalleled when it comes to customer service, responsiveness, and implementation efficiency. They take every request to the drawing board and provide a way to make it happen within days. They are extremely patient and understanding with our busy schedules, and always willing to help at all times. The fact that we are able to speak directly with the developers building out our commission matrix, process, and calculations is my favorite thing. From the start to the end of the implementation process, there will never be one bit of uncertainty on your part while working with the Spiff team. They are second-to-none and we are grateful that we found them and have the opportunity to work with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I cannot think of anything that they need to improve on. They have the integrations, processes, developers, and functionality you need to accomplish -anything- with your commission structures and statements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commission statements, visibility for sales teams, automation with commission calculations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.