AppZen Reviews & Product Details

AppZen Overview

What is AppZen?

AppZen delivers the world’s leading AI platform for modern finance teams. Starting with business spend, we automate manual process, uncover problems, and optimize decision making for enterprises around the globe, including one-fourth of the Fortune 500. Our platform combines patented deep learning, computer vision, and semantic analysis with intelligence from thousands of online data sources to understand financial transactions in business context and make decisions before those transactions happen. AppZen is a must-have for CFOs and their teams to reduce spend, comply with policy, and streamline process.

AppZen Details
Discussions
AppZen Community

AppZen delivers an AI platform for modern finance teams. Starting with AI-powered auditing of business spend, we automate manual process, uncover problems, and optimize decision making for enterprises around the globe, including one-third of the Fortune 500. Our platform combines patented computer vision, semantic analysis, and deep learning with intelligence from thousands of online sources to understand financial transactions in their business context and make decisions before those transactions happen. AppZen is a must-have for CFOs and their teams to reduce spend, comply with policy, and streamline process.

Auditing today is riddled with problems and inefficiencies. Currently, auditing is done either with lots of manual reviews, multiple business systems, or with business analytics after payments have occurred. Appzen allows finance teams to audit 100% of their spend in real-time before any dollars are sent out the door. Since AppZen utilizes AI, it is not a rules-based system and can extract and analyze spend data in any form, from any system to identify misuse, waste, and fraud.

AppZen
2012
San Jose, CA
@appzen

AppZen Reviews

Showing 26 AppZen reviews
Already have AppZen?
UI/UX Designer
What do you like best?

I really like the interface, because it contains many tools that lead to the good distribution and understanding of the software. It works either very quickly or by analyzing databases through quantitative understanding of financial processes. I really like the support because they respond in an appropriate and respectful way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

AppZen has problems with the technical deployment of the software in general because through the concrete use at a maximum level presents errors among its tools, they should improve this aspect as soon as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know you'll like it, you should buy it and adhere to the financial automation process in your company. It will show you through the tools how to do a good job and data analysis simplified to a level of successful quantitative understanding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We make the software an ally for the technical analysis of the databases of the payment processes, collective financing and planning of expenses through the planning that is done in general. We like it very much because the scope it has had has served for us to automate payments and make correct decisions in economic terms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are different solutions through appzen is an application and at the same time a web system which we can implement in the company in order to perform audits, this audit allows us to observe each financial data and in turn observe what enters or leaves the company, when We refer to this are the financial movements, as well as It allows to save time and helps accountants to pass this process from manual and optimize it to digital Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any inconvenient point regarding the operation of the system, it seemed to me that the tool has been favorable and offers great functionality to the company, so its characteristic of the mobile system can improve the Interface in the future but does not affect the operation that is giving me so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It differs from others because it offers a mobile application and an application through the web so it is much easier to be attentive to any type of notification I recommend it to all companies that need a way to find general data on how it is working of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The system for us has been able to improve by applying it in the company in order to offer us data for other types of areas. but mainly the audits, which is the most important function, are carried out optimally, allowing accountants to save time and work stress in the transfer of financial information.In this way, we can obtain all the data digitally, which makes it much more advanced and in addition to We can use this data in other areas such as employee payment or human resource areas, software payment or marketing area sales services, is very complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This application is spectacular. Appzen is a system that has provided us with optimal solutions for good management of the financial area, it has been a key point for us because its specific solutions that come from its audits allow us to use data for risk services with They allow me to see the future of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative point regarding the service, but it can improve the interface for the web level to be much more optimal in the sense of not freezing the system during an audit or waiting for a response as well as with a mobile device but at the web level, it is necessary to improve soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it has provided solutions, and in turn complex data, so it saves time and helps the company's accountants to optimize their work, so work stress and numbers do not affect it, very detailed and intuitive, I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A system that offers us the application both by web and by mobile, we love it because it allows us to be attentive to any notification that the Appzen application gives us, it is also a key point for the company providing optimal solutions in managing the financial area the result that It does not grant audits, it allows us to take risks to see how far we can go and what our breaking points would be, where we must give it greater automation, all these points and other characteristics are very detailed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple, easy-to-use software and a variety of very complete tools, whose main objective is to keep the company solid, it can be said that I like AppZen because it is very complete and allows me not only to keep the company safe, but with its tools it allows the use of marketing, human resources every point that allows the company to grow financially, the service is very pleasant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

He could not indicate a negative point regarding this system or how it is handled because it seemed very incredible to me, however I think that optimizing the servers of the mobile application may be that this system works better faster, when entering the information type, freezing problems occur. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because I can enter the information both on the web and in its app for devices makes it much more practical and faster, it seems to me a very complete and very detailed system that adapts perfectly to the financial area of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely auditing software or keeping financial information is important for companies that are growing, we have implemented AppZen for the area of sales, marketing and payment resources, in this way the risk systems in Marketing are working, we have seen an increase in traffic so AppZen saves all sales information, responsibly looking for the way to offer optimal results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a service that we use in order to be able to monitor the financial area of our company.The finance system is essential due to the large increase in new clients, it is necessary to find a solution that allows improving economic stability and knowing what enters and leaves within the company , the Appzen system is much more than an audit system which does it very well by showing us a detailed analysis in a general way, however it offers other tools such as: risk process, payments, audits, control and that contribute to improve the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would not change anything at all, the service is spectacular, both on computer and mobile devices, it has been a software that is optimally managed and we have not had any type of inconvenience or problem regarding the use of Appzen. It seems to me that it can improve the system servers in order to optimize each process that is being carried out and avoid freezing problems when searching or using one of its tools but in general the service is perfect, so far it is good road. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend it, I don't have any negative points, so Appzen is 100% positive for me, there are no bad results, the tool is excellent and it becomes necessary when seeing the good use it gives us so in my opinion it can be a great ally for small and large companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The increase in new customers, traffic, buying, selling, paying employees, has been very stressful to maintain an economic order, however, a solution has been sought in order to maintain a much clearer order and avoid very serious losses. that Appzen has worked perfectly, coupling each of its problems in a single software, it has allowed to make payments for employees, make payment for services and taxes and has allowed to maintain a constant audit to see what is entering and leaving the company Very detailed giving us understanding of everything and each one of the things they are doing. It is perfect for us and incredible how it is handled in my opinion it has been a great service and we are very happy to have chosen him. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It helps to solve any inconvenience or problem regarding finances, it has the option to automate the entire manual process so that the working time of each user is reduced as much as possible and thus achieve better results in less time, this will allow focusing on other areas. It is easy to use and install, as well as a complete and risky system since it offers a variety of tools in order to keep the company's financing stable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The capacity of solid reports should be very limited, although the software is always improving, so we have not had problems, in fact the support is good to answer any questions, in turn the tools are very easy to connect but need optimization to improve the stability and speed to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to have more control and organization regarding your finances and obtain better results in less time, you should use AppZen, without a doubt it will answer every demand you have and its cost is not a problem. We will continue with this successful platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to all its automated operation, our work team saves a lot of time and we can channel it to other areas that are required. We are happy with the results, each employee feels comfortable with the platform as it is very easy to use. We have captured some expenses that previously could not be found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It reduces the number of items to be reviewed, format for review is more efficient, this has attributed to me working more efficiently as I have more time to take on other tasks. The platform is easy to use and very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not appears to be able to convert currency as it seems to be based on USD currency, it will therefore reject an expense that is below the currency threshold as our locations do not report in USD currency but instead in local currency at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this product to other customers, this would be cost effective as it frees up employees time to focus on matters, the efficiency and accuracy gain from this system will in deed improve decision making in the future. A fair comparison can be done with what existed before AppZen and after AppZen, AppZen has benefits that far out weight any disadvantage this system might have. If your company is interested in achieving the maximum output at all times, I would suggest you used this system going forward. The benefits are great and the service is excellent, I have no hesitation I recommending this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has definitively made the process of review and approval much easier, it is much more efficient than the old system.

I would however prefer notification once a report is submit, I am not sure if this currently exists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

AppZen leverages the power of artificial intelligence to gather, review, and analyze data and other similar or related processes that require human expertise and intervention. With AppZen, tasks that require three to four humans can be automated using one AI-powered auditing solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

AppZen lets you harness the power of artificial intelligence to help discover anomalies and non-compliance in your company’s expenditures and track down the audit trail to determine accountability. The software can detect non-compliance such as travel and booking violations, duplicate expense claims, transactions with suspicious merchants, out-of-policy spends, and unscheduled and unnecessary upgrades quickly and accurately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With AppZen, you have an AI-powered auditing solution that does all the number crunching and validation and provides you results that enable you to find all instances of non-compliances and help your company achieve significant savings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The advantage to using Appzen is that low- and medium-risk transactions are auto-approved, while high-risk transactions due to lack of receipts, unreadable receipts, suspicious transactions, high cash spend etc.) remain which capture my attention. This has significantly reduced the time spent on my review of Concur reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Appzen does not provide me with a notification that there are expense reports which require my review. It requires me to visit the site on a periodic basis to determine if there are reports which require my attention.

2. Given that my local currency is not the US$, transactions are identified as being in excess of the $10,000 threshold, when in reality the US$ transaction value equivalent falls below the threshold. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned before, the immediate benefit realized with AppZen is that the time spent on review of Concur reports has been significantly reduced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It allows to keep in a more organized way the financial part of any company, even a person. Small companies can benefit from the wonderful benefits offered by this wonderful platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a problem with the monthly payments that I could never solve, although this platform I like very much I still wait for support tespuesta to continue using my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to maintain a good organization of your financial statements this is the tool you need to buy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that I can receive notifications of any movement that occurs in the company, is a way to keep all payments and collections up to date and know which person has debts and who already cancels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most efficient artificial intelligence in our usage! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit slow to use, but I think that is the problem of our network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a chance. You won't regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can detect fraud and compliance issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

We audit 100% and I am the only auditor. AppZen has reduced my audit time more than 50%. I am able to focus on the real travel expense issues because of AppZen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I really do not have an issue with AppZen at all. The program works as promised, the Support Team responds very quickly and AppZen is always ready to look into any suggestions or ideas I may suggest to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it - I really do believe you will like it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time is the biggest but also this AI program has caught duplicates I know I would've missed, receipt issues easily identified and even the big issues I know I would've caught but AppZen identifies all of these much faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EM
What do you like best?

It is eliminating some of the manual steps and approvals so a time saver on that side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t quite have the seemless link to Concur that enables full transfer of data back and forth (Appzen can get the data fine, but then sharing it back through Concur is not possible). This is likely more a Concur issue than Appzen, but until this connection is fixed it is limiting some of the benefits we otherwise would get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has automated some workflow and eliminated a lot of manager approvals and saved time. Hard to tell how much it is saving in catching duplicate receipts and other incorrect expenses as the reporting is not 100% there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT
What do you like best?

Appzen took the pressure off of having to look at every report. This saved our company an enormous amount of time. Appzen also has caught different items that were being expensed that were out of compliance with the company. Because of this we were able to stop fraud and so make sure the traveler stays in compliance. I would highly recommend this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing - this program is very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really look into this - this reallyl worked for our company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits that we have realized is that AppZen saves the company time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This program really does what it says on the tin and that is the beauty of it. Being able to see everything at a glance is stunning and rendering it one of the best in its field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overtime I would like to see more updates to the graph viewer. This could do with some fine tuning and i’m sure the devs will work on this overtime Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having the ability to check statistics on a daily basis is great and has allowed us to analyse the business much better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Associate Auditor
What do you like best?

Reduce my travel expenses and easy to create report for management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Analyzes expense reports and receipts to catch duplicates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great tool to automate Travel and entertainment expense report audit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool integrates all my existing expense report and help me to organize them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

APPzen giving us a clear reminding which we should pay more attention on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

APPzen cannot identify Chinese invoices. Therefore almost all reports are high risk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. It would be better if APPzen identify our invoices no matter Chinese or English

2. It would be better if Appzen can connect to our local financial system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The use of APPzen is a trend of financial audit. However, we still need to manually review reports and go to next step after APPzen. In addition, there is now connection between Appzen and our local financial system such as JDE/Navision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It reduces the headcount and manual reviews by checking thousands of expense reports. When implementing a new subsidiary, it has to go through Concur first, and then flows into AppZen automaticall. Supports multiple currencies per country Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One-click to apply all policies to all currencies. Currently you have to do it one by one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automatic reviews of expense reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

World-wide credit card administrator
What do you like best?

I like the best how AppZen detects duplicates, and I really like the changes compared to the old platform, it makes it much easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the dropdown menu when accepting the expense line Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are detecting duplicates, personal charges Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

AI, self-learning system = very effective and able to improve by its own Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not able to check invoices from tax prospective = if an invoice is compliant from local regulations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

company internal policy is reviewed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Great to find duplicate expenses, helps organize your billings. Great customer care team to solve all your questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool is limited. Ability to download it would be nice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Business automation software improving audit processes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps to audit company expenses while optimizing processes by their rebust reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Se utiliza para cargar recibos y para crear formularios de cobros. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

es un poco complicado su uso, y su precio es algo elevado. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

el costo de esta plataforma es muy elevado, considero que podemos obtener mejores plataformas por un costo mas bajo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

utilice un tiempo para generar facturas de cobro y enviarlas a algunos clientes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rebates Specialist
What do you like best?

I feel it is very easy to upload receipts and submit expense reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing I dislike, it's pretty straight forward Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

an easier process for the information to be sent to my manager for approval for me to be reimbursed for business expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Being able to upload pics of receipts directly from camera roll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is an autofill option upon uploading pics but it has never worked for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to do expenses easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public Relations Manager, Florida Region
What do you like best?

I love that you can take photos on a smartphone of receipts and quickly upload them to submit for expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The option to select expenses from a date range frequently doesn’t work so you have to manually select the expenses from a different screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves time because it is much quicker to snap and upload photos for receipts rather than needing access to a scanner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for AppZen?