It's the 21st Century, Windows 10 is out, and for some reason Microsoft thinks it's just fine to produce a extremely cumbersome POS program like this. \
No easy search tool
1) You've got to pray to god you printed backup or finding intercompany journal entries, AIT transactions, or A/P or A/R module transactions will prove very laborious.
2) No easy way to reverse or correct a JE
3) No easy way to export to Excel (even though this is a Microsoft Program? WTF Microsoft)
4) The program is constantly acting buggy and causing errors and you've got to hire a sub contractor for support.
5) Not user friendly in the slightest, lacks a lot of shortcut keys and simple user ergonomics to make working with the program easier and more productive.
All in all Microsoft GP is an absolute complete POS accounting software, SAP is much much better if you just want to spend a lot of money, frustrate the hell out of your accountants and make everyone's life more difficult. Quickbooks on the other hand is a lot better, has features the big box programs only have wet dreams about, costs a lot less and is sold by a company that believes in their product so much that they actually provide their own support.
PS. I've used a lot of accounting programs, some less sophisticated and more sophisticated than GP and by far GP is the most frustrating, glitch ridden accounting software I've ever had to work with.
Save your money and your sanity. Find a good Quickbooks pro, buy the most expensive version you can, set it up and use it right from the beginning and you'll never have an issue.
This program has only caused us problems, countless of hours is lost productivity, and trying to find work arounds just to get the program to perform basic functions.