4.4 out of 5
Do you work for Gather?

Gather Reviews & Product Details

What is Gather?

Gather is the leading event management software for restaurants and venues. We enable hospitality companies of all sizes to manage and grow successful events businesses. That's why national brands, hospitality groups, single-location venues and restaurants alike use Gather to power their events. From private-equity backed growth concepts to James Beard award-winning restaurants, we're trusted to serve as the anchor between management, events teams, and their customers.

Gather Screenshots

1-50 of 255 total Gather reviews
Gather review by Star G.
Assistant General Manager

"Gather is Great!"

What do you like best?

Gather makes my life at work so much easier. I use Gather from home, on my cell phone and at work to organize and host events at our establishment.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to easier track return guests, or setup a recurring reservation. We have a lot of clients that book the 1st Monday of every month or the 13th of every month, etc. It would be nice to do this all at once rather than having to create several different events and send so many different email proposals.

It would also be nice if you could create events and check the entire calendar from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend attending the webinar on Wednesdays! I have learned so much and really helped achieve all of my business goals and get on the right track to bring in more revenue for the company.

I try to attend the webinar most Wednesdays because I continually learn from them!I also really love how I can track how much money I am helping bring into the business by adding payments and tracking them by category, to help myself reach business goals.

Gather review by Laurie S.
Hospitality

"AMAZING! Has changed our business in so many ways!"

What do you like best?

I love how connected I can be to clients at any moment. The phone app allows me to check availability on the go and respond quickly to questions through messages. My response time to clients inquiries is so important to stay ahead of any competition and Gather allows me to do that from anywhere and with little material on hand.

What do you dislike?

No Calendar view in mobil app, Would be much quicker to check availability for specific dates. Currently I have to scroll through hundreds of bookings to find!

No full messages fed on desktop version, if multiple messages are received in one day it is hard to review without having to look back through emails sent confirming receiving. This could be another top tab!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a small event business LIFE CHANGER! The staff is amazing and works with you every step of the way! Once you're set up EVERYTHING just falls in to place and your business is prepared to GROW! Personally my ability to manage multiple events on our small property has GREATLY improved our profits. I felt so limited prior to the use of Gather but now have the abilities to book to capacity without risk of overbooking. God I love this program!

Paperless everything is my overall goal as a General Manager. Even though I still have clients who insist on printing the contract and returning I have cut down on individual files needed immediately.

Gather review by Susynn S.
Entertainment & Marketing Manager
Restaurants

"Williwaw and Humpy's review of Gather"

What do you like best?

Easy user functionality, ability to tag other event coordinators in events, simple and clean design. Since starting to use Gather this has been the most organized our organization has been when it comes to events.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. We also use Gather for a variety of different events not just private caterings. So it doesn't always perfectly fit our whole calendar of events but is a good base point for all of them. Would be nice if Gather looked at incorporating other events such as concerts, weekly promos and so forth that many restaurants have to do in order to get people in their doors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. As an event planner with over 100 bookings on the calendar for 2017 already this software has been essential.

We didn't have any proposal system, so first and foremost having official proposals to send clients for private parties has been essential for us. Secondly, having a record of all our bookings in one spot has saved time and energy tracking down details of repeat or annual events.

Gather review by wendy a.
Food & Beverages

"Easy to use, professional look and a true time-saver!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and constant upgrades. Speedy turnaround on menu uploads.

What do you dislike?

Invoices are limited. I wish the BEOs could fit upon 1 page

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’ve been using Gather here at Divani and I LOVE how easy it is and how professional proposals look. It tracks your leads, allows for online proposal approvals, automatically prepares a Chef BEO, menus and much, much more. Needless to say, it saves me a ton on time and we feel it’s worth the added monthly expense. The people at Gather really work for their money. Every time we have a new menu come out, I have them upload it so I can focus on more important things. Work is completed in a timely manner, always. They really do listen to suggestions too and do whatever they can to give you what you need. As you can tell, I can’t say enough good things.

Tracking leads have been solved. I save more time than ever anticipated.

Gather review by Jessica D.
Sales and Event Manager
Hospitality

"Sales & Event Manager Gather Review "

What do you like best?

I like the look and layout of the program. I also enjoy that the email communication will link to my gmail account. It is very easy to edit.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can not add internal notes for the kitchen. There are details that I need to add on the event summaries that I do not need to client seeing. To have to go back and add/delete these items between my "chef BEO" and "event summary" is time consuming and tedious.

Clients get confused with seeing the Gather email address and a lot of them have a hard time with the links. As tech forward as society is now, people seem to still enjoy being sent pdfs vs. links. Also I have had the issue of running into firewalls with the Gather email communication. Some companies can't even receive the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly. You will have to train your client a bit on how to use the portal and watch out for your Gather emails being routed to SPAM or the client not recognizing that it is actually coming from you. Beyond that the layout is clear and the features are easy to use/update.

The reports are easy to pull and help with tracking sales goals, seeing trends and following up with leads. Gather is also very easy to edit when it comes to adding in notes, menus and templates.

Gather review by Laura B.
Director Of Special Events

"Tool for success! "

What do you like best?

Gather is very easy to use, and so incredibly helpful! I also love how responsive and friendly their customer supports reps are. My clients really appreciate being able to see their information all in one place online, and it definitely make us look good!

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the features were more customizable to our specific needs. But I really appreciate that their customer support team understands that this is important to me, and are always asking for my feedback.

I also wish they had a support team taking calls and emails in my time zone (PST).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying out, especially if you don't currently use any event management software. I used to do everything on Google Docs, but now I'm totally hooked on Gather. It's saves me so much time and is so easy to use. My clients love it, too!

I used to spend HOURS doing paperwork, and now I spend MINUTES! It affords me a lot more time to spend acquiring new business, and to giving special attention to current clients.

Gather review by Shelby C.
Event Manager

"Thank God for Gather "

What do you like best?

I help manage the catering side of my company. That entails being responsible for the catering out of 3 restaurants around Austin, Tx. With that being said, my mind goes about 200mph constantly, so Gather is basically the translator that slows me down and makes sure I don't forget anything going that fast all the time. It's really simple to understand and has really helped our team communication within my company. Especially between myself and our director. We can update things real time and know the other person is going to see it. Team communication is also a great tool in making sure everyone, from ourselves to the general managers and kitchen managers, all stay up to date.

What do you dislike?

The financials section is sometimes tricky, but I am also new to using it. Not a whole lot I don't like. Perhaps it needs more colors to color code different events with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We run catering out of 3 high volume stores 24/7

It would be a lot more difficult without Gather. Definitely worth it.

Team communication. Prior to using gather we just emailed and used excel. It was a nightmare. And you can't really communicate with other management through excel unless you're constantly saving and re uploading documents to send in emails back and forth. Forget that, Gather solved that inconvenience.

Communication with the guest also improved, it's easy to send them gather where everything is set up for them to see at a glance for their event. That way they know what they're getting prior to accepting our services.

Gather review by Lauren C.
Owner
Hospital & Health Care

"Love Gather--great platform. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep all pertinent event info in one single space that a variety of personnel can access. It is easy for customers to use as well--I love that they can preview their proposal and make payments online. I also really like that all communications I have with a contact are shown within their file--that has really cut down on my time spent digging through old emails, and having to rack my brain to remember details we discuss.

What do you dislike?

The only improvement I would suggest -which I have to the company--is to make the auto generated menu a bit more personalized. Right now, the menu function does not help because it auto formats things very generically. We have backgrounds on our menu with our logo and that sort of thing, so I basically have to recreate the menu each time.

The only other thing--the app isn't that great. I can do some work off it, but it is very minimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try--you will love it. so easy to use. Everyone on my team loves it.

Keeping all info in one succinct place, an online tool easy to access from anywhere, a means to collect deposits, track financials, keep contacts, etc. Decrease in time to schedule events. Decrease in overall time to get event proposal signed. Electronic accepting of proposal is amazing.

Gather review by Katie B.
Assistant Catering Manager
Food & Beverages

"Gather Review from Funky Buddha Brewery"

What do you like best?

I love that Gather is extremely user friendly for our staff as well as our guests. All functionalities are easy to use and can be customized to work exactly as we need them to.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Gather had a way to alert clients that their payment is use, via email. Also, pulling up the BEOs on the mobile app directs you to open it as a file through your email and that can get confusing for some of our in house users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please add the option for guests to receive email updates about their event such as due payments and count changes.

We are solving the issue of having to constantly try to get clients to speak with us on the phone about their events. With Gather all of their information is in front of them online, and therefore we do not have to take a moment of their time to speak over the phone.

Gather review by Tanya C.

"Gather saved my life!"

What do you like best?

The email communication thread that stores all the information from the clients initial inquiry, to the thank you email. You can simply look at all emails in one place so you can pick up immediately as that phone rings and refresh your memory of what you last talked about.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike- which I deal with as everything else is all amazing! A lot of clients emails block the special email thread and many times it goes into their spam. This has caused a few hiccups along the process. I just always make sure to follow up with an additional email if I haven't heard back or seen that the client "opened" the email. Which is a great feature to see if the client opened the email or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, you won't regret it!

It helps overall communication with my team, and with other sales persons on my team. We can see who responded to who and pick up where the other left off easily.

Team communication is huge, you can mention a team member in a booking or lead and ask a question to the Chef, or let them know there was a change on the event order.

Gather review by Allyson S.
Event & Volunteer Manager
Museums and Institutions

"Simple to use, clean interface"

What do you like best?

The software makes it really simple to communicate with clients. Everything from the client's online "Event Portal" to the automatically generated forms that you can send, make it so easy to use. I don't use their Gather Payments function, but I think this would streamline it even more.

What do you dislike?

I really wish the calendar would sync to Outlook... Apparently it syncs with Google Calendar, but that's not what my organization uses.

I also wish there was the ability to create custom forms and reports. Their stock reports are interesting and helpful, but they don't fully serve the needs of our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say be sure to look at all your current systems and programs (like scheduling, billing, etc.) and make sure that they are - or could be - compatible with Gather. It allows little customization in terms of the forms, payments, compatible programs, etc., so you want to be sure that it will work for you.

The biggest reason I started using Gather was to streamline event details and manage contracts and payments. We've taken on several more events this year, and all the event details, contracts, and payments were scattered between excel documents, calendars, emails, paper copies, etc. Not to mention that every time I had to create some sort of event form, I would have to retype the information (which would often change, and then be updated in some places and not others). With all the information in the Gather database, I know that everything is up to date and I can create forms (like BEO's or invoices) with literally the click of a button. It is way more efficient than my old system.

Gather review by Kirsten T.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Gather has been such an effective tool in our restaurant! I like that all of my other managers can have their own access and it makes communication easy between team members. It takes less time and less steps than any other catering system we have used and it's more effective.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've had trouble with was the initial information transfer from my old system, but it could have been fault of the other program. We haven't had any other issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely make the switch to Gather. Our whole management team has really approved. The BEOs look great for both the FOH and BOH and it took maybe one training session to get the team on board. Clients that we book have really approved of having their own Event Portal, as well, and it makes them feel like they are more apart of the whole process than what we have experienced with other systems.

We are better able to track banquet and catering sales and effectively plan to make changes in the right direction.

Gather review by Jill M.
Director of Sales
Events Services

"Gather Rocks"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to share the details of an event -- my entire team can be on the same page for all of the details. My clients love how we can talk through changes and they can see them in real time. My team can see the emails I have had with the client so we can all be on the same page and help make sure that all of the details are covered.

What do you dislike?

The reporting needs to be able to be customized so I can dive deeper into my revenue streams. Currently I cannot pull all of the line items to see what makes up the event total. It does a great job with F&B -- but it could do so much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. I'd be glad to help with personal phone calls so potential clients can ask any question they would like.

Our communication have greatly improved. That's the best benefit. I manage three venues that share catering and all of the hard goods associated with the event. Gather makes it easy for us all to see what is happening with the big picture so we can best determine staffing and rental needs.

Gather review by Sarah S.
Business Development + Communications Manager
Professional Training & Coaching

"Mediocre with potential"

What do you like best?

We like the team communication function, and the ability to sent proposals that clients can view and that live updates. I like the format, design, and the ability to message with the team.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't click to find out which proposals have been signed on the dashboard - I can only see that X number WERE signed, but not which one. I also wish that signing a proposal would also automatically switch an event from "tentative" to "confirmed".

We don't like that this has not evolved to fit our needs since we are NOT a restaurant. The lack of Quickbooks integration is a point of major frustration. It would also be helpful to have a multi-day event booking process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is likely great for a restaurants but troublesome to adapt to venues without catering needs.

We are trying to manage multiple spaces within a venue. It's helped us see the full scope of communication with clients which we love. We have not been able to integrate the payment gateway because it does not use Quickbooks.

Gather review by Jamie W.
Private Dining Director
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Gather is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Gather has saved me countless hours in extra work. It is streamlined to fit my specific needs for my restaurant and Private Dining booking needs. I am able to book an event and send a contract in under 2 minutes. This transfers to the client with an impression that we have urgency, hospitality and care for their individual event.

What do you dislike?

The only item I would change would be some reporting. I would like to put events with more than just date qualifications.I would like to be able to pull events based on spend or number of guests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the time saving attributes of a streamlined system built around your venue. As a coordinator this will give you more face time with current or future clients. It also is a professional platform that is impressive to the client and makes them feel secure dealing with an organized coordinator.

Time Management is definitely being solved when it comes to the solving. The benefit in return is the chance to spend more time in person or on the phone with future clients.

Gather review by Kyle F.
Restaurants

"How Gather helps Balena create great experiences. "

What do you like best?

I love how Gather allows my management staff to access a single portal of information from anywhere, at any time and execute events from the multiple layers of metrics Gather provides.

What do you dislike?

I used to get frustrated with the lack of access from different devices but Gather resolved that challenge with their app. Now I can access Gather from the beach in Mexico with one hand while I balance my margarita in the other!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company hosts events, you want Gather on your team. The metrics they provide with the ease of use is so smooth I wish I could say astounding. But they pull it off so effortlessly that it just seems normal. I hope I never have to use another program.

Events are time sensitive. Planners and execs need immediate answers and Gather gives my team immediate access to our calendar with the touch of the app.

The benefits are many because while accessing the app on my phone or pad, I can talk to a guest without fumbling on the laptop and 10-keying to crunch a guests event package. Gather organized all the work for you.

Gather review by Claire C.
Motorsport Event Coordinator
Entertainment

"Using One Calendar for All of Our Events is Great!"

What do you like best?

I like that the calendar has the feature for confirmed, leads and tentative events. Also, being able to upload documents to the events so all documentation for that event is in one place. Being able to enter in pricing and payment to receive actuals is very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

My department dislikes that we can not book multiple day events in the calendar. This is a HUGE issue for us.

We are an event venue and can have long events that last up to 3 weeks. This also causes confusing when multiple people are uploading documents to an event because for example the 3 week event has 3 weeks of separate booked days on the calendar and we've ran into the problem where documents are uploaded to the wrong day. We also run into the issue when closing out the program after all payment has been receive, it's time consuming closing out each individual day on the calendar.

Wish we could select the spaces the event is using all at one, like a checkbox list. It's time consuming to select each space separately.

We finally have all departments in the company using the same calendar instead but having 4 separate calendars. Also, double booking an event has been happening less since using Gather. Make's it easier to track that we have received payment.

Response from Elizabeth Cleaves of Gather

Thanks so much for your feedback, Claire! This is the kind of software evaluation that makes us better as a company. Working with multi-day bookings is a feature that we are constantly improving, and your specific use case will definitely be helpful when providing our Product Team with a more detailed workflow. If you have any further questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team Monday thru Friday from 9:30am until 5:30pm EST at support@gatherhere.com :)

Gather review by Brett P.
Marketing Assistant
Entertainment

"A wonderful way to keep organized"

What do you like best?

I love Gather! What I love best is the ability to add events easily and send the contract directly to my client. It's so simple. Enter my information, review, send to client...bam! I'm done. It's seamless.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Gather really. I wish there was a full-service app available, but I know they are working on it. There is so much good about Gather that there really isn't anything bad about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is your one-stop shop for the best in event management software. From financials and event summaries to everything else, there is nothing else you need other than Gather.

Gather has allowed our business to not over-book events and keeps a detailed calendar that allows us to see months in advance and all of our upcoming events. This allows us to try to sell more events in the slow times while staying organized and on top of things. The benefits are endless.

Gather review by Hilary M.
Private Events Manager
Restaurants

"Making my job so much easier!"

What do you like best?

Organization is key when handling private events for two, very busy restaurants. Gather has all of my information in one place and makes our contracts, credit card authorizations, and customer e-mails look extremely professional. I love the customization!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to transfer Gather bookings into OpenTable. I have to transfer all of my Gather bookings into OpenTable one by one since the restaurant requires the OT software to be used as well. If it were somehow synced, that would be amazing. Also, as I'd mentioned, I coordinate for two different restaurants. It'd be nice to have different colors on my calendar view for each, instead of all green for confirmed, orange for tentative, etc. Lastly, I'd like to be able to print off full credit card numbers customers submit through the Stripe integration so we can input into our POS for final bill payment.

The Gather software allows myself, and our team to be much more organized. We are easily able to follow-up with leads, and receive all inquiries through the form on our website as opposed to inquiries coming from many different directions and getting misplaced and/or going unanswered.

Gather review by Michael H.
Manager
Restaurants

"The BEST online event planning interface, EVER!"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendly interface. The ease of adding new events, potential clients information, and the creation of BEO's. I also really enjoy the ability to communicate through Gather's messaging platform, it makes it easy to see the full correspondence, from the very beginning all the way up to the event.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Gather, the only thing that I might say I didn't like, is that you cannot simply add events through the iPhone app. Sometimes small reservations do not require a lot of information, and should be able to be added to the daily bookings through the app platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!! It will be the best thing you ever did for your future event and business generation!

We're able to solve the age-old problem of communication with our back-of-house employees and management team, to help them execute our private events in the most efficient way possible. We've realized also, the future benefit of generating business with previous clients, since the interface makes it easy to interact- they are willing to do it, over and over again.

Gather review by Nikki J.
Regional Store Marketer

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is all in one place. It makes it much easier to stay organized. I'm able to view if the guest has read my messages to him which also helps me to follow up with them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The messaging is a little frustrating. If a guest messages in and I hit to reply and write them a message my reply box takes over the entire screen. I'm not able to move anything so I can read their questions and reply to them. I typically have to have their message up on Gather and then type my response in Word to then finally copy and paste it in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the support they offer and keep playing around with it. It looks overwhelming at first but once you get in the swing of things it's very helpful!

Keeping organized is huge. I'm able to communicate very quickly to the guest as well as my team so that we can accommodate the guests needs in a timely fashion and have everything in stock that we need.

Gather review by Bryan W.
Events Services

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

Convenience and the polish interface of the software. Helps us manage our event business. Its nice that the client can see their event proposal, approve it, and then pay for it all in one spot. We then get that information fed into their booking page and are able to manage the event much smoother with less paper and clutter. So we like that a lot about this platform.

What do you dislike?

Could have a digital signature component. Perhaps move the team communication to the right side panel in booking window so it is more visible. Maybe move underneath locations on home page. Not sure if possible but the ability to pull events from google calendar into the gather calendar, instead of just one way from gather to google. Would like some better staff communication tools. Not all wait staff is a user on platform and would like to just be able to easily send them a BEO or team communication via email. Floor maps and organization for events would be huge. That is the next piece of the puzzle. Being able to have the client design their floor plan and easily send it to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for you to manager you events and have a professional look for your clients to enjoy.

Solving: Having a central cloud based solution to store all event info and interact seamlessly with clients. And those have been realized.

Gather review by Josh N.
Brewery Rentals & Events Manager
Food & Beverages

"Saint Arnold Brewing Company"

What do you like best?

The calendar and menu management tools help me make sure me and my team are all on the same page.

What do you dislike?

The app makes it difficult to look up bookings more than 2 weeks out and does not offer any editing options, so it is usually just easier to not use the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is extremely useful for the private events industry. If you have to manage multiple rooms, this is definitely the best tool I have found.

Calendar management has always been a struggle here, with two rooms that we rent out and many table reservations to manage. This allows for us to have a real time view of any changes to the calendar before we start discussing options with new clients.

The lead form on our website has also increased efficiency with our incoming leads and makes sure that we cover all necessary information with them.

Gather review by Dana A.
Director of Private Events

"Gather is awesome!"

What do you like best?

It is so user friendly! Chef's love it, Managers love it as do servers. The updates sent to everyone in the morning prevent the question of is there a party tonight? How many ppl? When? Etc. All that information is at each and every sinlge persons fingers tips either via their phones or lap tops.

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew!! I think the only confusong part is the financials, our accounting team isn't on board with putting the credit cards through Gather, we only record thedeposits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!! You will wonder why you dfid not think of this software. Makes booking a party, making changes, communicating with the staff and client as easy as possible

I can answer leads from anywhere and hav (from Cubs Games to the beach). We live in a society that wants instant answers/responses...Gather allows and promotes that!

Gather review by Caitlin N.
Promotional Builder | 1100 Social
Restaurants

"Gather is a great program to keep open communication within our business."

What do you like best?

The ability to add and categorize notes is a fantastic feature. I just learned how to write internal communication notes and that is a really great feature as well!

What do you dislike?

The formatting of the Calendar is a bit difficult to navigate at times. Some of the functions are not entirely user friendly, but have been improving! I also dislike the pop up notifications every Wednesday for Webinar Wednesday - I do not need to be reminded every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never used a program that allowed me to communicate to several people internally without sending emails, calls, etc. We all have access to the program - this makes sales and operations work together much easier!

Gather is a great communicative tool. Having Gather helps us to communicate through several different departments and make planning events seamless.

Gather review by Kathleen E.
Special Event Coordinator
Sports

"User Friendly! "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and organized. It keeps all my events and event details together and easy to understand, which is useful for me as well as my clients. I also love the support system, always available and have never had an issue.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to sync the events to my outlook calendar, this would also help with notifying other employees when events are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If events are a big part of your company or business, I suggest to look into Gather. It keeps everything organized and keeps proposals looking professional as well as easy for clients to understand.

We are trying to make event planning a stronger department at our venue, this is helping on our website to gain more leads and attract more customers.

Gather review by Megan J.
Private Dining Sales Director
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Almost perfect!"

What do you like best?

The layout of the application- everything is so user friendly and very easy to learn. It is much easier to share information with my team and keep track of all notes pertaining to event planning.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly dislike anything. The closest I'd come would be the ability to merge accounts without having to go through your support team. I understand that this is likely not feasible due to accounts being shared with multiple restaurants under one corporation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You won't regret it!

Gather aids me in time management. It makes it easy to convey and show the rest of my team exactly what needs to happen, when it needs to happen and how to make it happen. Communication and organization have become much easier and focused.

Gather review by Sarah J.
General Manager

"Works great, very user friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that the program is easy to use. The app is also very helpful so I do not have to log in on a computer every time. The format for the app is also very easy to read and easy to translate. The message board is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about the app is the fact that you can not go back and look at past event on the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Very user friendly easy to read and communicate with people who are booking events at my venue!

The benefits are its easy accessibility, I often have to pull up the application multiple times during the party to double check things. I like that everything is easily laid out.

Gather review by Hayley W.
Event Manager
Restaurants

"Increased efficiency to allow for more relationship building! "

What do you like best?

User friendly, great calendar view, reliable & easy to read. LOVE the contact list with ability to view past events. Team communication is great!

What do you dislike?

A few details items I would adjust to make it more friendly to our establishment. The mobile app is not great at all, a lot of work needs to be done with this. Also, would like a way to mass email our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on what you actually need the software for... compare to others and make an informed decision with the help of the Gather team.

Increased efficiency, to allow more time to communicate with guests. Great to have a contact database with all our client & love that it can easily save and store past event information.

Gather review by Christina H.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Writing and Editing

"Gather is a time & life saver!"

What do you like best?

Gather. Is. Awesome. It is a simple & easy way to keep track of any and all parties. From start to finish, it keeps all information regarding an upcoming event in one location, that everyone with access can easily locate. All parties can view past messages, you can save documents to easily send to clients. Collecting payments online is simple and extremely user friendly. This application has organized and simplified the event booking process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly- there isn't a whole lot to dislike about this product. If I would have to choose something, I'd say collecting the online payments can be a little confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to your account manager for anything you may need- questions, set up, uploading information, etc. They are extremely helpful! There are also free webinars every Wednesday to get any extra help you may need.

We are solving the unorganization when it comes to booking parties between several locations. This easily gives all of our managers access to view other locations calendar, communicate effectively in one place so nothing gets lost. We realized just how much we are making from hosting private events and a better way to reward the managers who are successfully booking these extra events, which in turn, is making them work harder to book new events, and keep up with past clients to get their returned business.

Gather review by Administrator

"Not small business friendly"

What do you like best?

Initially we had a positive experience with Gather. We had regular contact from their team and their support was stellar. We were told by our initial salesperson that we would receive a call from someone at renewal to discuss our contract and future pricing, as we received a discount for our first year.

What do you dislike?

Due to some procedural changes at our business, we decided not to renew our contract with Gather.

Imagine our surprise when we received a large charge on our credit card from Gather this month, with zero o the promised communication from their team regarding our renewal. We immediately reached out to their billing department and got no response. We reached out again to another team member who sent our email to yet another rep and received a curt answer that our contract required a 30 day cancellation with our contract attached.

The “contract” we received was an invoice with a link inside of it to a website with their terms and conditions that they can edit and amend at their leisure. Not acceptable, and we never received any communication from their sales team as was promised to us. We were also renewed at a higher rate than our first year without our consent. We reached back out asking for an actual contract with this info and asked for a refund and the rep never responded.

After the first ghosting, we contacted their “success” team again requesting a refund. We told them we did not want to renew and they said they would be happy to call and talk about how Gather could help us. We replied again stating we did not want to renew. We were ghosted again with no response. This makes a total of 4 separate contacts with no response.

So here we are with event software we are no longer using, and the company has completely stopped responding to us. I would like to add that our final payment for our first term was drawn September, 2017 and we are obviously well over 30 days out from that.

We were planning on utilizing Gather in the future once we revamped our events program, but that is now off the table and we will be warning other small businesses about their unacceptable billing practices.

Zero, none

Gather review by Jonathan G.
Chief Marketing Officer

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

It's flexibility. We use it as an internal master calendar for the entire company. We've found a solution for any scheduling problem that we've presented with them.

What do you dislike?

We don't use it as a transaction portal but if we did, I imagine that would be a little challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have recommended this to several other breweries that are now using it. Any shortcomings that we have found, we let them know and they seem to always present solutions or release improvements that move it in the right direction. We've been very pleased and they're very easy to work with.

We host events at our space and in the market. The calendar allows us to view both in one place and make sure we're coordinated.

Gather review by Paula N.
Event Operations Coordinator
Investment Banking

"Gather is simple to use and efficient "

What do you like best?

I like that I can find what I am looking for quickly, it a simple system to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Creating a new contact each time I need to create a booking, just takes a minute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on implementing this with your company, I would advise that you make sure that your staff will be using this frequently. Clients don't like it when they are introduced to new software all the time. With that being said, just make sure you are going to use it often so you don't end up getting rid of it.

Mmm trying to see if the whole staff can get accustomed to this. The benefits I have realized is that it is easy for my clients to use.

Gather review by Anthony B.
Chef De Cuisine

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to communicate to an entire management team with out having to email or text or call. Everything is in one easy place and can log on to see the information from home or on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much of anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Life is so much easier and there is much less conflicts departmentally.

The biggest solution that is solved with using this system (first time) is the elimination of having to ask questions. Before, without using Gather, there was always a lot of back and forth between culinary staff and banquet staff. Now, each department can find all the information at any time without having to distract each other.

Gather review by Reginald M.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Hospitality

"Need better message window and email system"

What do you like best?

How fast the updates are when I receive a new message, submitted proposal, or credit card added to a sale.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the email is not the greatest. It has become highly inaccurate for delivery and I have had to become involved with the Gather IT support on more than one occasion. Currently, still having issues. Having to use my gmail account to deliver messages. Additionally, when you are trying to respond to a guest, the message windows does not move and I continually have to close the window to view their original lead.

Solving a lot of organizational demands that Gather tracks and assesses everyday for us. It simplifies the way we track reservations and process BEO's

Gather review by Kyle C.
Executive Sous Chef
Hospitality

"Great organizational skill on pc. "

What do you like best?

it's a great over all organizational tool for helping with event set up as well as the payment system makes things a great deal easier. team communication is also a really great. makes it so you don't have to fish through a bunch of emails to find prior communications just have to look up the event. all in all a great system.

What do you dislike?

I do think that the cell phone app needs an extreme makeover however. it is not very reliable when looking things up on the go. has extreme trouble loading events and team communication is limited since you cannot @ a team member via cell phone.

ability for guests to pay has been the best benefit for our customers. i would say the organization between front and back of house ahs been the best area that we have been able to solve. very few things are missed using this system.

Gather review by Charlie S.

"Fantastic Sofware"

What do you like best?

I love having everything in one place. Being able to communicate, make menus, and communicate with everyone on the team has really steamed line our private dinning room program.

What do you dislike?

There are couple of areas that could be improved. One suggestion of mine is be able to check availability of a date requested on the computers like you can on the mobile app they have. Also, customers sometimes find the event portal a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic. Pays for itself in no time

Before gather, our private dining room program was a little heck it. Customers would call and request a certain evening. My hostess would write everything on these pieces of paper and I would try to get back to them asap. I would then have to create new menu for the program, make sure everyone was on the same page. Have correspondence in my outlook. Even if I had everything written out and printed on my clip boards labeled with the day. If I was not there I would get a phone call asking me all the info that was right in front of them.

Gather review by Administrator in Hospitality

"Super user friendly CRM system "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for my employees, we are able to get them trained on the system in 2 short training sessions. The whole Gather team is super helpful and very quick to respond to questions. They take suggestions and actual make changes to their system accordingly when it makes sense.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more detailed reporting and personalized options when it comes to reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a system that is user friendly and easy to train your employees look no further. The whole Gather team is also very helpful and open to suggestions for new features, they are rolling out new features almost every month. Being able to have your guests log into a portal and see at a glance all of the important information about their event, where they are with payments, and be able to make payments at their leisure.

We are booking customers at a faster rate, and able to get payments in a much more timely manor.

Gather review by Ryan B.
Hospitality

"Best Private Event Organizational Software available..."

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive. Starting with alerts with new leads. Communication through the software is incredibly easy. From templates for first contact through signing contracts, Gather makes everything very smooth and effortless. I love that the software integrates all communication streams into a single point of reference to go back in one place and see everything we have discussed with the client, regardless if the communication was through the app or email. Transfer of documents is seamless.

I would like the selection of filters to be remembered. Anytime you navigate away from a page, the filter screen pops up again and you have to hide it if you want a full screen. The software should remember my selection until I request a new filter.

What do you dislike?

My criticisms are few. If I were making it better these are a few things I would change:

When looking through the documents for a specific event, such as a contract or BEO - when you navigate back the system actually boots you completely out of the software and you have to log back in again. This can be a bit frustrating when you need/want to look at several documents, or just want to print something. It only takes a second to reload in and find your event again, but the software should be more intuitive in this respect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it. Its worth the money!

This software has created a much better streamline for our event business.

We were doing everything the software does - but by hand.

The software has created more efficiency and accountability for our event planning.