ChannelAdvisor Reviews & Product Details

What is ChannelAdvisor?

ChannelAdvisor offers the total package for retailers. With a unique blend of best-in-class technology and world-class managed services expertise, we make it easy for retailers to master the challenge of connecting with consumers.

ChannelAdvisor Profile Details

ChannelAdvisor Reviews

1-25 of 32 total ChannelAdvisor reviews
CEO
Financial Services

"Great Platform! Has been a Catalyst to our significant sales growth"

What do you like best?

Channel Advisor has exceeded our expectations in every way possible. The scalibility of the platform is tremendous. We have hundreds of thousands of products loaded and published to marketplaces. The ease of launching in new marketplaces is also great. We are now selling on Amazon, Walmart, eBay and NewEgg from one platform. Has reduced a significant amount of manual work and freed us to focus on growing the business! The Channel Advisor team is also amazing to work with. They have supported our growth and are a true partner.

What do you dislike?

The cost of CA is a tier 1 solution which is definitely an investment. But with a tier 1 solution comes major features and scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn the platform and own the success of the implementation.

Increasing our presence in multiple online marketplaces. Significantly increasing our product count.

"Great experience with Channel Advisor"

What do you like best?

We've had a really good experience with our strategy manager. We have weekly calls to review performance and strategy for the week ahead, but she manages the day to day operations for us.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with our product feed and revenue reporting showing accurately. I wouldn't necessarily say this is the fault of Channel Advisor as any software is bound to have issues.

We use ChannelAdvisor for our keywords campaign, CSE shopping, and marketplace shopping. Our keywords campaign is one of our biggest revenue drivers and we have been seeing an increase for the past three years. I have to give full credit to our account manager for her efforts, and we are in the process of getting a new account manager which will be very telling to us about the success of this program.

"They Stole $3000 - Criminals"

What do you like best?

I think NOT signing the renewal contract. They did have several partners Jet, Amazon, eBay, Sears which they worked with.

What do you dislike?

They kept $3000 claiming a prepaid service (for launching into a new marketplace) was non-refundable. I pre-paid for an extra launch support. Unfortunately everything did not work correctly with quantity data causing major problems with my marketplace store. After 1 year of service, I had asked that the launch to be refunded as I could not afford to renew, being ($12,000/year) I was told it was not refundable. They gave me the cold shoulder.

The setup process was very long. It took close to 3-4 months until everything was launched. Appointments with the "Launch specialist felt like a waste of time. Appointments where spanned out over 2-3 week intervals, which I think caused the biggest delay.

Their system caused my marketplace store to fall out of compliance resulting into a complete shutdown.

My Initial $25,000/mo revenue turned into $10,000/mo due to canceling all listings, and creating new ones.

Marketplaces like Ratuken was a complete waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their solutions are suited to large businesses. Do not consider using them unless you have your own dedicated team working with data conversations; and can afford to lose 50-70% in revenue during the first 6 months.

I have realized after being out of business, how to adapt, and find solutions else where. Shopify is a lot more affordable. If you are a small to medium sized business, I would look else where for service.

Response from Channel Advisor of ChannelAdvisor

Thank you for your message. We would like to learn more about your experience with ChannelAdvisor. Please consider contacting us directly at supportadmin@channeladvisor.com.

ChannelAdvisor works to provide reasonable rates while maintaining our level of service, and that's how we determine the cost of our services. Additionally, ChannelAdvisor is a values-driven organization and firmly adheres to its Codes of Business Conduct and Ethics, which is publicly available at the following link: http://ir.channeladvisor.com/corporate-governance/code-of-business-conduct-and-ethics

"Way Overpriced and Terrible Service"

What do you like best?

ChannelAdvisor's sales team are very good at one thing, sales. ChannelAdvisor's sales team are pushy to get you to sign their contract and will fill you with promises that are not in writing so ChannelAdvisor has no obligation to follow up on them. ChannelAdvisor is also very good at maintaining their reputation when there are many unhappy customers.

What do you dislike?

ChannelAdvisor is staffed by incompetent people that charge several times more than their competition. Not only that but, every time you need something resolved from the guaranteed overpriced price they charge you, they will not follow through on their promises or finish their work. . While working with Channel Advisor our sales across our marketplaces were dropping not improving. We are not the only ones to have had issues with them and their pushy sales team that caused us to be stuck paying thousands every month for a bad service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research before considering working with ChannelAdvisor.

We used ChannelAdvisor to manage our inventory and boost sales across our marketplaces, we realized partnering with ChannelAdvisor was a mistake as they are not the best in the industry as we had believed. I advice anyone to do your research before working with ChannelAdvisor, check their negative reviews and you will see what a truly hellish experience most ex-channeladvisor customers had to endure.

Director of Marketing & eCommerce

"Long-time customer, long-term relationship"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about working with Channel Advisor is the relationship I have with our Campaign Manager. We have had several over the years and they have all been excellent. They balance a serious focus on ROI and campaign growth with your specific business goals. They are highly reliable and transparent on actions and dollars. They are incredibly responsive to issues, questions, and have provided a good education for my team over the years as well. Channel Advisor will give you what is really an agency-like, white glove experience for marketing teams that don't have the time or experience to manage Shopping campaigns on a daily basis. We have been clients for over 10 years.

What do you dislike?

The cost is on the high side. However, if you don't have the internal resources to dedicate, they provide a great convenience and easy relationship. They will let you be as involved or uninvolved as you need to be and can be trusted to make good decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A relationship with Channel Advisor feels very personal- your Campaign Manager is dedicated to your success and accessible at any time. If something breaks, they fix it. If something is weird with your data feed, they get to the bottom of it. If you are not a Digital Marketing expert, they will patiently teach you.

If you want to hand off Shopping campaigns and not have to worry about them, Channel Advisor is a great investment. If you are highly involved in Shopping campaigns and don't want to give that up, it may not be worth the price tag.

Lack of internal expertise and resources to dedicate specifically to Shopping campaigns. We have a consultant that manages AdWords for our team, but Shopping is requires a slightly different level of experience managing data, product catalogs, etc. Our Campaign Manager has excellent relationships with the different websites and services that we would never have time to cultivate. We have seen consistent year on year growth on our return from Shopping campaigns due to Channel Advisor.

Partner

"Educational and Inspirational"

What do you like best?

The seamless access to multiple marketplaces and the ability to unify those marketplaces into one user-friendly platform.

What do you dislike?

No phone support, however, the SSC does a great job in routing your specific question to the appropriate department and most questions are answered very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it time. It's not going to happen overnight, and most of the success depends on you. Trying to do this yourself will be almost impossible. The channeladvisor team are experts in this arena and continue to offer exclusive benefits by being a channeladvisor customer. The benefits from just attending Catalyst have led to lasting relationships that make resolving issues faster and easier. Network. Talk to people. Be curious. But do not think that channeladvisor has solved all your problems. You will still have problems, and you always will with or without channeladvisor, but at least you have a team in your corner when problems do arise that can assist you and get you back on track quickly. ChannelAdvisor has been an integral part of our success and continues to be everyday.

Marketplace integrations issues have been solved from simply meeting the right person. This year, we were able to meet with the proper rep and she's already put us in touch with an account manager. Last year, we listened to marketplace trends and channeladvisor recommendations and made an educated decision which has resulted in a substantial increase in sales.

Vice President

"Fantastic e-commerce technology!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the data feeds and how you can automatically have your data transformed as it is being sent out to multiple channels simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes that come to mind. The system is so flexible that we can almost always find a way to solve a problem if it comes up.

We love ChannelAdvisor. We have been using them for 10 years and it would be very difficult for us to do business efficiently without their software. Their system allow us to transform data in almost infinite ways to match any data feed specification. The integrations to different platforms such as Amazon and ebay is next to none. We also use them to transfer inventory data and sales data back and forth to our website platform. Life would be rough without them.

Sales Manager
Investment Management

"Worth Your Money!!!"

What do you like best?

Great system for anyone trying to expand their business. I honestly Do not know how I could have managed expanding my business with ChannelAdvisor. I would recommend to anyone and everyone, you will not be disappointed with ChannelAdvisor. I love how super easy it is to upload products on different channels.You do it with literally two or three clicks. Then your whole catalog is uploaded.

What do you dislike?

Maybe they can make uploading images a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Channel Advisor is the way to go. Forget all the others. ChannelAdvisor is a one stop shop and its super easy to integrate with. I literally integrated with 5 different market places in one week. If it wasn't for ChannelAdvisor, it would've taken about 5 months to integrate. This is by far the best choice to make.

None

"The Best Feed Management Vendor"

What do you like best?

We used ChannelAdvisor for PPC bid automation and feed management. Their PPC bid automation was adequate, but their feed management solution is second to none. Between their built-in rules engine, lookup tables and complete configurability, ChannelAdvisor is heads-and-toes above the competitors I tried. Additionally, they have a great support system, between online documentation and easily accessible human support.

What do you dislike?

With the functionality comes a higher price. That would be my only major gripe.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have simple feed requirements, it's possible you can get by with a less expensive feed management tool. If you need to do more heavy lifting, or more customization, ChannelAdvisor should be considered.

Depending on your vendor stack, feed management can get to be a burden. It seems like every vendor needs a custom feed, as well as every CSE. ChannelAdvisor makes implementing new feeds and changing existing feeds very easy, without any relying on IT resources.

Account Executive
Building Materials

"Very effective and user friendly."

What do you like best?

I love to ease of being able to have our orders from eBay be transmitted directly to our Netsuite system. It makes life easier and makes recording and tracking the orders much easier as well. Anyone that sells a good amount on eBay should look into this for transmitting the orders into a separate order and billing system. The customer can easily order and have their payment processed through the same system. It save the customer time and makes my life a littler easier on this side. I would definitely recommend.

What do you dislike?

It is very limited as to what you can do with the program. Especially with the limited amount of companies that will use this to transmit the orders over. Luckily, we use netsuite for our order and billing system and it is actually flawless when it comes to pushing the orders through.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a company that sells on eBay, Amazon, or any other online retailer, then this will definitely benefit you in some way. Having the customer's order automatically drop into your system is an extra step that has been taken out, it make it very nice. If you are on the fence about trying this program, give the trial a shot. I don't think you will disapointed with the overall functionality of the program.

We sell on eBay and Amazon and having these orders automatically drop into our ordering system saves a tremendous amount of time.

"Stay away from this company"

What do you like best?

Nothing, The entire experience with them has been complete hell

What do you dislike?

Poor project management, blames the customer for their failures, wasting my time and costing me money

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away! Don't believe their sales BS

At this point nothing. Other than already paying them for $8k for monthly fees and not being on a single marketplace, I can say the only benefit I have is that I realize I can be susceptible to snake oil salesperson's BS.

I started a contract with them four months ago and the the project manager I received is a disaster. She cannot manage the simplest task. Every time we have conferences to review completed work, it turns into me explaining requirements that we had already reviewed before. It was supposed to take 4-6 weeks to get me live, we are nearly four months in and we are still not live.

Every time I have complained to management, instead of trying to fix the problem they blame me by talking about how I failed to provide insignificant deliverables to them. When I provide hard proof that my project manager is at fault, I get no response at all.

I cannot say enough. Stay away from this company.

UF

"Good software but not the best company"

What do you like best?

CA is probably the best solution in the marketplace for sellers wanting to offer goods on multiple marketplaces. The software is comprehensive and relatively easy to learn and use. It is also stable with few day-to-day problems.

What do you dislike?

It is also the most expensive solution out there (by far) and they require a one year contract. In addition, they are not easy to break away from when the contract expires. They continued to charge us even after our contract expired and forced us to go through our bank and credit card company to recover the extra charges. We also found them very inflexible. You pretty much have to accept it is their way or the highway.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look before you make a one year leap.

See above

Marketing Assistant

"Channel Advisor Help for Ecommerce Platforms "

What do you like best?

The widget are helpful when analyzing ecommerce sales and managing inventory

What do you dislike?

not all platforms have the same widget and overview reports do not explain enough. Also, pulling reports are hard.

Channel Advisor is helping us sell online and manage our inventory

Assistant Production Management Executive
Apparel & Fashion

"Great solution for managing companies e-commerce!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how well the product integrates into my web based platform. I have changed providers recently and it seemed to carry over without too much hassle. All things considering.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about. Any concerns that I have had I have previously reached out about and solved without too much trouble at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great work keep it up!

Like many small companies with e-commerce there were speed bumps and needing a little hand holding to get past them. This provided a great bit of support and crutch to lean on in the early stages.

Vitamin Mom
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Excellent Company"

What do you like best?

ChannelAdvisor has helped us launch and grow our e-commerce business. They have so much experience and insight in e-commerce and marketplaces that has guided us through the growth of our business.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to speak by phone with Customer Support when necessary. They have an online ticket system which works fine in most cases, but with complex or time sensitive issues, it would be great to be able to pick up the phone and talk to an expert.

Juggling inventory between several marketplaces. Centralizing data updates in one system. Integrating with marketplaces, shipping and inventory management software systems.

AC

"A Great Way to Manage Multiple Sales Channels"

What do you like best?

Channeladvisor is comprehensive and covers just about everything an online merchant needs. It's up to date with the most current programs in each online sales channels and the customer service is really good.

What do you dislike?

Because ChannelAdvisor is so comprehensive, there are times where the user friendly experience is hidden by all the more technical options. If the user interface can be tweaked to have a more intuitive design, it would help a lot.

We needed a way to manage multiple sales channels such as Ebay, Sears, Newegg, and Amazon. ChannelAdvisor definitely allowed us to bring all the channels into one convenient place.

Multi-Channel Marketing Director
Retail

"A huge time-saver when marketing items to multiple marketplaces, but not the greatest support"

What do you like best?

The technology itself is rather good; and we certainly could not do as much business as we do on marketplaces without a system like Channel Advisor. Centralized, yet flexible, item management is the only way to go when streamlining listings on multiple marketplaces. Also, the ability to auto-integrate order pick-up, refunds, payments, etc. is very valuable.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is pretty bad. Once you open a ticket, the answer is almost always 'we need to escalate the issue to the engineers', which can take days or weeks. It can be a frustrating process. Honestly, we usually get faster answers from the forum than the actual support.

The marketplaces they are integrated with officially work great, and are pretty seamless. However, if you choose to use their optional feeds to integrate with other marketplaces, the integration can be pretty bumpy. I realize it's optional, but we would like to see them offer 'official' integration with many more marketplaces. (esp. 11 Main)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read, read, read the support docs and browse the forums before implementing. Implement a single marketplace at a time.

For streamlining selling on 3rd party marketplaces, it is a must-have. Our volume and growth would not be near where it is now without CA as a partner.

IT Manager

"Unsurpassed industry knowledge"

What do you like best?

Using managed services we receive a dedicated account manager that works with us almost daily to improve sales, listings, and address issues.

What do you dislike?

Over the last several years there really hasn't been anything we have disliked. Any issue we may have had was addressed and corrected quickly.

We have been a brick and mortar retailer for many years with limited knowledge of third party marketplaces. ChannelAdvisor has helped us successfully enter this space.

ER

"Customer Focused and Growth Oriented"

What do you like best?

Very customer focused. They are very open to exploring new strategies, and they bring their expertise to bear as we grow our business. They are aligned with our objectives - always asking about how they can help us grow and be more successful.

What do you dislike?

The support center could be a bit more user friendly. A lot of content is available, but the search functionality makes it hard to find relevant information.

Product catalog transformation and syndication across a variety of partner platforms. We have been able to spin up new partnerships in a matter of days vs. weeks.

UT

"Amazon for Beginners"

What do you like best?

This product makes it insanely easy to sell on Amazon

What do you dislike?

There’s a lot of depth to this program, which gives a little bit of a learning curve.

This is a great way to organize all of your product and information for selling online

Ecom Operations Manager
Consumer Electronics

"Channel Advisor The best in the business"

What do you like best?

We like the capabilities of customizing all the required and Unrequired fields for the marketplaces

What do you dislike?

Product listing is a little slow to get to market places

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good CHoice

Channel Advisor allows us to create an item ONE time and it can hit all the marketplace within a few hours

Product Manager
Retail

"Great company and support,"

What do you like best?

It has a wide range of possibilities. It can do just about anything you want to with the proper experience

What do you dislike?

Difficult to get all products up and running through the system.

Managing inventory through all marketplaces in one location.

UD

"Excellent eCommerce Platform!!!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Channel Advisor for 1 year and now selling on Jet, Walmart, Sears, Newegg and Amazon. It is nice to be able to have all of our orders fulfilled through one system from several different marketplaces.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have direct support instead of having to open a support case every time you have an issue.

Managing inventory in one system is convenient. Integrating with new marketplaces has been very beneficial.

"Wonderful too for marketplace management, with limitations"

What do you like best?

The ability to manipulate mass amounts of data in order to send to different marketplaces.

What do you dislike?

They have a problem work being able to handle data for large companies with lots of skus.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support is not the best but super easy to use

Ability to manipulate data in bulk, via business rules and other tools that allow is to change the data quickly to each marketplaces needs.

EI

"ChannelAdvisor is your in-house solution for managing marketplace growth"

What do you like best?

ChannelAdvisor provides you with a personal analyst to manage your Amazon store so you can focus on the core parts of your business

What do you dislike?

ChannelAdvisor adds one more step to the process which can slow update times to the marketplace.

ChannelAdvisor keeps an eye on marketplaces which frees up my team to focus on our core business and spend our knowledge and resources growing our brand.

ChannelAdvisor Features

5.7
Ease of Setup
Average: 7.9*
* E-Commerce Platforms Category
Do you work for ChannelAdvisor?

ChannelAdvisor Categories on G2