PDF-XChange Editor Reviews & Product Details

PDF-XChange Editor Overview

What is PDF-XChange Editor?

The smallest, fastest, most feature-rich FREE PDF editor/viewer available! Create, View, Edit, Annotate, OCR and Digitally Sign PDF files plus much more..

PDF-XChange Editor Details

Tracker Software Products
Oulunsalo, Finland
@PDFXEditor
132 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the PDF-XChange Editor community
Have you used PDF-XChange Editor before?

PDF-XChange Editor Reviews

Showing 55 PDF-XChange Editor reviews
Already have PDF-XChange Editor?
What do you like best?

Software integration with Microsoft Office through the ribbon the way Adobe Acrobat products do. It's also able to share newly created portable documents using a 64-bit Microsoft Outlook plugin.

PDF-XChange Editor Plus is very light on memory and CPU resources comparing to Adobe Acrobat Pro or ABBYY Finereader PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PDF-XChange PRO's OCR is very inaccurate even using Tracker Software's Enhanced OCR Plugin. I don't mean recognizing a low quality scan or a fax, but a locally generated invoice. It's trying to "fix" my business' email address, so I had to correct it myself time and time. After this kept on happening I OCRed the same invoice with Adobe Acrobat's and ABBYY Finereader PDF's latest versions and they were accurately recognizing the text of my invoice.

For me PDF-XChange Standard Printer virtual driver is generating low quality PDF files comparing to Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat's PDF printing drivers. Generated document's fonts look terrible.

I find Tracker Software's extended policy is not very transparent. For example if one had bought PDF-XChange PRO V7 and had extended maintenance until after Tracker Software released V8 of their software incl. Enhanced OCR Plugin, the maintenance does cover the OCR plugin, but once maintenance period ends one needs to buy PDF-XChange PRO V8 or renew extended maintenance. Otherwise Enhanced OCR Plugin will just not work anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PDF-XChange Editor's benefit is that it's not an expensive software and it's a Swiss army knife, packed with many features which only expensive PDF editors have. It's not heavy on home office budget comparing to professional industry class solutions like Adobe Acrobat Pro. Of course as every Swiss army knives the quality of these implemented feature's could hardly be compared to Adobe Acrobat Pro and it's all about the price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Best of all, you can find the characteristics it has in a very intuitive way. Many tools may have the same features and functions but it is an advantage and time saving to get each function quickly and intuitively. We can create and edit PDF files in a very optimal way at all times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time I have been using it I have had no problems, except for a couple of errors when converting very large files, but it has not happened to me anymore Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to its relationship between price and advantages, it has been one of the best options we have used for the creation and editing of PDF documents. Its intuitive interface reduces the number of frustrating procedures that occur when performing these processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador de sistemas
What do you like best?

I like this software because it proves to be the best program to edit PDF files, since with all the options offered by this site I can obtain highly professional results and, in a simple way, PDF-XChange Editor, this application allows me to insert a great security to files, another thing I really like is that I can add signatures and scan the documents I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PDF-XChange Editor is the best program to edit PDF and has never shown me any defect so I have nothing bad to say about this great software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really recommend PDF-XChange Editor as it is the best program to make PDF edits since every time a PDF is edited via this application you always get great results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Use PDF-XChange Editor when I need to make edits in a professional manner and with presentable aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in PDF-XChange Editor
Ingeniero de software
What do you like best?

I like this software because it has absolutely everything that is needed to edit and create PDF documents, it is not necessary to use external software. With this software I can add graphs, tables, texts of different formats without complications, I can freely include indentations in the document, in addition to placing passwords in the document to protect its security, it is a program that has great versatility for the creation of documents in PDF format without complications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about this powerful program, on the contrary, I strongly recommend it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program because it is a very complete system for the creation, conversion and reading of PDF documents, it has a high range of tools that are used with high quality for the production of professional documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software helps us in my work to create documents in PDF format without complications and with professional quality, without needing to be editing one for hours to have an acceptable format, its versatility is great so you do not need to use alternative programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Profesor universitario
What do you like best?

I like this program because it has a peculiarity that integrates a large number of tools necessary for the creation of high quality documents. It allows you to include images of different formats, graphics, videos, tables, as well as external stamps and web links, it is a comprehensive program, it is very useful and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PDF-XChange Editor offers the extraordinary possibility of being able to create PDF documents in a very fast and secure way, there are so many professional benefits that you would never express anything negative about this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage you to use this program as it offers the opportunity to upload and view PDF documents, PDF-XChange approves the ability to add annotations and comments, post text directly to documents, extract content, both text and images, and export all pages to images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very easy to use this software, the rapidity of use has allowed us to increase the work and academic performance thanks to the features that this program brings as it makes the creation of a professional PDF really simple and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador de sistemas
What do you like best?

I like this application because the truth is a totally fantastic program to edit PDF files, this software offers excellent options so that each file that is edited in this program has a really amazing and professional result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PDF-XChange Editor is a high quality software and has not shown me any kind of failure or something negative that I have to point out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program because it is totally the ideal software to edit PDF files, since this great application offers different editing options so that the files look amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software is wonderful for editing PDF, so at the moment it is necessary to edit my files that have failures, this application helps me to make edits to make it look really professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Profesor
What do you like best?

I like this program because it is possible to create PDF documents in a very fast and secure way, the documents are created in their respective margins and text formats which are saved directly in PDF format, it has a particularity that integrates a large number of tools necessary for the creation of high quality documents because it has to include images of different formats, graphics, videos, tables, as well as external stamps and web links can be incorporated, it is an integral program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some functions are disabled in the free version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program for being a very complete text editor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this application at work to create the forms where the notes of the students of each course are housed, since it offers great security in the information of each student, it is a very complete and safe program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asistente de contabilidad
What do you like best?

There are documents where I write the financial movements of the company, but in some cases some error occurs but PDF-XChange Editor allows me to modify the working document, and add a text box. It's easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about this great program, since this software in my friend to make no mistake when responding to the demands of my boss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I recommend the use of PDF-XChange Editor. Since this program is excellent, fast, reliable, easy to use and free. Accelerate and improve working time by the large set of functions to work with impressive text functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This program gives me extensive administrative and financial support in the accounting area since this program offers us the excellent opportunity to upload and view PDF, PDF-XChange documents, we can also add notes and observations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinador de proyectos de ingeniería
What do you like best?

Guardamos muchos de nuestros documentos en formato PDF y este software simplemente hace que el proceso de trabajar con archivos PDF sea simple y eficiente. En un momento trabajé en un trabajo temporal donde no pude instalar PDF-XChange en mi computadora. Realmente sentí la ausencia de PDF-XChange durante ese tiempo (y cuando terminó, una de las cosas que me entusiasmó fue poder usarlo una vez más). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

La característica que probablemente me ganó a PDF-XChange (y me llevó sucesivamente de la versión gratuita a la versión PRO) es manipular archivos PDF: agregar páginas, eliminar páginas, reordenar páginas, rotar páginas, etc. Otra característica que utilizo bastante bit es el sello, que utilizo para insertar mi firma en los documentos. Sin embargo, podría seguir y seguir sobre otras características de la aplicación. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

La capacidad de manipular rápidamente los PDF existentes o simplemente crear uno nuevo desde cero fue increíble. Trabajamos con miles de archivos PDF internos que siempre se modifican, por lo que la facilidad de uso era un requisito importante. ¿Olvidé la mención de que el precio es 1/3 de lo que algunos de sus principales competidores están cobrando? Una joya de una característica que no se usa comúnmente es la capacidad de compartir archivos PDF en un formato de biblioteca para que los mismos archivos PDF no se anulen, por lo que se recomienda usar esta función en entornos de usuarios múltiples. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diretor de departamento contábilidad
What do you like best?

This application is very complete, it allows me to determine precisely where I need to introduce any type of content, in the same way to be able to edit the content and incorporate images, I like the interface much better than any of its competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The different functions of this application are excellent, therefore I have never had any problems when using this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PDF-XChange Editor I recommend it to all business or individual staff who need immediate solutions by allowing to create and edit PDF files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it day by day. I use it to plan reports explaining to the immediate boss each accounting summary report. Help when to accommodate company images or personal images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

accounting analyst
What do you like best?

What I like most about PDF XChange Editor is that it is a program that makes it very easy for us to make documents, since most of them are sent in pdf format and the simple fact of being able to edit them is incredible. It is a useful program for all types of users, with a lot or little experience since it is very simple to use and helps a lot with administrative tasks. I consider it practically indispensable to carry out the work of sending and receiving documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I could say that could improve this program is how quickly it works, which is slow at times and slows the rest of the system a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to any user who works with documents that purchase PDF-XChange Editor as soon as possible as it is an indispensable program to facilitate the issuance and reception of these. PDF-XChange Editor is very easy to use and accessible for any software. It is a unique tool to make work in the office easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved many problems, among which I can mention the ease of use of documents and their dissemination. Nowadays most of the documents are sent in pdf format and this program makes it easier to receive and send them. It is a great benefit that there is a tool capable of allowing us to edit documents with this format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Soporte a Aplicaciones JR
What do you like best?

PDF-XChange Editor is a top-notch PDF file reader. I like its ease of use and the quality of text visibility. It offers an extraordinary experience in terms of PDF editing capabilities, as it has several options for underlining and highlighting text. What I like most about this software is the tool to insert stamps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The PDF editor does not have so many sources compared to other programs such as Adobe Acrobat, which can be quite annoying if PDF files created in other programs are being received, so it is necessary to export the sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PDF-XChange Editor is a reliable tool that offers high quality document viewing and editing capabilities. Your price will always be below other options. I highly recommend it for the management of your PDF files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personally, this software helps me create the incident reports and tickets that can be presented in the applications. In addition, we can export our stamp and stamp it on each document, so that we can ensure the protection and originality of the document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ingeniero de Validacion Ti
What do you like best?

PDF-XChange offer a great suite of tools and the product is very stable and robust. I'm able to create custom stamps and upload my company's digital signatures. The support is quick to answer and very attentive every time our team has had questions. I also like the fact that I can convert documents easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really consider that it is a very complete tool, but I consider in the user interface the sizes of the tools icons should be reduced, because sometimes I would like to visualize more than one page at a time and edit them simultaneously, but it is not possible, because the icons occupy a large part of the screen obstructing the visibility of the pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PDF-XChange will be of great help to create PDF files either on a personal or corporate level. It will allow you to open different PDF files on the same screen, which is advantageous for quick editing. I recommend it because it is multiplatform and because it has a lower price than other PDF editors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use PDF-XChange daily to edit reports from my work, either for document conversion, editing or creating PDF files. The most important benefit is that it has allowed me to migrate some documents that were physically and had no digital backup, thanks to its OCR function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrador
What do you like best?

I like it because it is a great application that can edit images in a simple way and with professional results, this software has the ability to enhance correspondence and forms quickly, this is an application that allows highlighting images with texts, I can also insert stamps in the images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit slow at the moment I want to insert the image into this application, even so this software is still wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application because I think it is the best software to edit images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me when editing an image that another employee asks me to edit, it also helps us to edit images so that they have an incredible result to get the attention of customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Profesor
What do you like best?

I like this software is an excellent work tool, it is very helpful to use it in the office or elsewhere, I make public, examine and correct different PDF documents. It facilitates the opportunity to share documents of interest with the student and teaching staff, it facilitates the systematic teaching process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is something I dislike about this program

It is very easy to use, it has many options to use, text and graphics are modified directly in your PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this work tool for the spectacular functions:

* It can be used to help in the creation of comments, annotations and links to documents.

* This tool makes editing PDF files an accurate process and image files of the highest quality.

* It is easy to use, it is diverse enough to meet the needs of all professionals, from beginners to professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the time of writing documents of the evaluations of the teaching process, I can convert from PDF to Word, I can examine. In general, with PDF-XChange I can edit each document that indicates teaching processes and their results, and other educational activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ingeniero de software
What do you like best?

PDF-XChange Editor is the best software to edit personal and business images that I want in a professional way, it is an application that allows me to make forms with different designs and with an incredible structure, I can also convert PDF files to PowerPoint, I can have this software on the PC without the need to install it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the time of opening this software it is a bit slow to appear, but still I really like this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is the best application to edit and make forms without installing this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As this is a professional software we use it to edit images and convert PDF files easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gerente de contabilidad
What do you like best?

PDF-XChange Editor is a very good software, because with this application I can edit my images and get excellent results, this is a software that allows me many things, in addition to this software it also allows me to convert files to other formats, I can enlarge the images any way I want, I can also insert stamps in the images, PDF-XChange Editor allows me to form in a very good way, it is a software that does not take up much space on the PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I am going to insert images in this application, at the beginning it becomes a bit slow, but still it is still a very good software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is a professional software when editing images and making forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PDF-XChange Editor is a software that helps us edit the images so that they have an even better result, it also helps us convert PDF files to Excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analista de sistemas sénior
What do you like best?

This application allows me to create new files and also edit existing files. What I like most is that it has support for the character recognition function in other languages. Visibility is assured because it has an excellent zoom function that is easily accessible. The tools to edit and transform files; search text and highlight it are very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the text editing tool has a bug. When you right click to edit, sometimes the entire document layout gets adjusted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PDF-XChange Editor allows you to see, modify or create presentations in an amazing way in PDF. An elegant interface, excellent tools and a good price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PDF-XChange Editor gives us the ability to quickly annotate the PDF documents presented to us and ensure that they are correctly marked and the file is adjusted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jhonson Walden
What do you like best?

I like this program because it facilitates my executive sales function when reviewing, correcting documents in PDF format. When sending a document, file or closing sales or promoting it, there is great security. In short, the PDF software is smaller, faster and with more features available. You can create, view, edit when using PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not any PDF software. that I dislike because it is an excellent program, it is very easy to use to modify the text and graphics directly in your PDF. It can be done in the office or elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this work tool since it can be used to help in the creation of comments, annotations and links to documents. This tool makes the editing of PDF files a precise process and image files of the highest quality. it is easy to use it is sufficiently diverse to meet the needs of all professionals, from beginners to professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This Software is a pretty good editor that allows me to review and correct PDF documents. It is free with various functionalities, this tool is totally personalized, it optimizes the work process at levels that no other Softwar. It allows me the security of sending invoices, quotes, contracts and sales closings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recursos humanos
What do you like best?

I like this program because it has everything you need to create and edit PDF files, you don't need an alternate word processor, because it has all the tools included. With this software I can add tables, texts, graphics, bar codes and even wet stamps in a very simple way. I can edit the page formats such as size, indentations and spaces, just like conventional word processors, it really is very complete, so it allows me to do my work very quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really like this application, so I have nothing bad to say Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program because it is very complete and has very useful tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the company it helps us to create our PDF files quickly, such as invoices, and different commercial documents in which they need to be in PDF format to protect such information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Absolutely nothing is good about this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It turned my file into an unreadable mess. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to edit a small part of a large pdf file that Adobe couldn't recognize as text for some reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in PDF-XChange Editor
Asistente de contabilidad
What do you like best?

I like this impressive software because it facilitates an excellent PDF editor allows me to save time when I review and correct documents in PDF format. When sending documents, files. It is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this software that I do not like, since with this excellent program, it is very easy to modify the text and graphics directly in your PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I advise to use this remarkable software since he assumes all the requirements of a PDF reader and editor. I can convert your PDF documents to Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it when converting from PDF to Word. This PDF software is smaller, faster and with more features available. You can create, view, edit when using PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ejecutivo de RR. HH.
What do you like best?

I like the amount of tools that this application has, you can select and add texts freely just like a traditional word processor, without limitations or restrictions to edit, it is very open to the creativity of the user, besides it is very intuitive your interface which creates a very pleasant experience in the use of this powerful tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some options that are only available in the payment option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this powerful tool, it is the most complete that exists in the market Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the company it helps us to create different brochures and documents directly from this software, without the need of having a traditional word processor, this saves us a lot of time in the work of the company, besides that it allows us the creative fluidity due to the large quantity of free tools that allows the fluency of user ideas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Being able to quickly combine multiple pdf and remove the unwanted pages is amazing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes PDF can be “heavy” files when you are dealing with thousands of them and can be hard to move around (limited even in ZIP form). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most of the time we receive multiple PDF but only need a few pages out of them so we are able to combine all of them and keep only the required pages very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marines Salazar Project Manager
What do you like best?

PDF-XChange Editor is a very easy to use program, which has a large number of tools that make your work easier. It allows you to modify the work document, particularly the function that I like to use is to add a text box connected to a line, besides the possibility of inserting a sound, this has been very useful for me since it allows not only to add my voice note but any other audio, especially this last when I want to highlight something in the document. Another tool that I use as a project manager is the seal that allows the approval of the different projects that I evaluate, as well as the editing of forms that allow me to add fields that I consider necessary. It is an excellent tool that facilitates my work, I use it frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have used it for more than three years and until now there is nothing that disgusts me, so I have not had the need to change to another program since it satisfies all my needs as a professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I highly recommend the use of PDF-XChange Editor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

as project director I have to constantly evaluate projects and with PDF-XChange Editor I can make the annotations, changes that I consider pertinent, in addition to highlighting those elements that are important, this makes it easier for the committee of evaluators to have my opinion quickly for approval or not of a project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.