Sage 100cloud Reviews & Product Details

What is Sage 100cloud?

Sage 100 helps your growing small or medium company manage more than accounting — it unites your entire business at an affordable price. Best of all, it's easy and customizable. Sage 100 has the ability to connect your company to the cloud, giving your business access to web and mobile capabilities to confidently run your business. Sales and service people have access to customer information and can invoice customers and collect payments from the field. Procurement has deep visibility into inventory to properly manage stock levels. Invoicing is done electronically and managed by exception. Executives have analytics on all parts of the business, connecting everything with Sage 100.

Sage 100cloud Screenshots

Sage 100cloud Profile Details

Sage 100cloud Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Sage Software
Description
Sage provides software in accounting, ERP, CRM, and more across industries and available for entrepreneur, small, midsized, and larger businesses.
1981

Sage 100cloud Reviews

1-50 of 129 total Sage 100cloud reviews

Sage 100cloud Reviews

1-50 of 129 total Sage 100cloud reviews

"Great tool for organizing and retrieving data at a fast pace."

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about the tool is its versatility, It helps all stakeholders access information at the same time without hassles. Provides a neat flow of data from production/manufacturing to accounting/finance . Overall a great package for any accounting system to have. Has many features which have really help boost performance and minimize data retrieval times. Another great feature is its simple UI which is very easy to navigate and use.

What do you dislike?

One of the drawbacks is that there is a lot of data cleaning needed after export from the tool which needs a skilled Excel Expert. Also when the data sizes are huge (>100MB) the data export is a pretty slow and cumbersome process. It would be great if there is a way to increase the speed of retrieval for such huge processes.Has limitations on number of windows which can be opened simultaneously

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a mid sized company looking for a reliable ERP System, I would recommend you to start off with SAGE. It provides great breadth of options in accounting and finance ranging from Inventory Management , Pricing , Bill of Materials to Monthly Financial Statements, General Ledger, etc

Mostly Accounting relating problems especially with monthly financial reporting . Apart from that everything from Inventory Tracking, Costing, Bill of Materials, SKUs , Cost Accounting , etc. Really satisfied with the kind of service the tool provides

IC
Media Production

"I really like sage 100 "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. It makes my work day go by a lot faster. Everything is organized and easily accessible. Very easy to learn. Any mistake I may make, it is very easy to fix and get back on track. Over all, sage 100 helps with logistics of our business, stock and restock information, client payments and overdue balances. We as a business look more professional, organized and productive. Sage helps us with communication with not only our clients, but also our co-workers. Keeping track of our clients and providing them with great service is our goal.

What do you dislike?

Closing customer maintenance window each time I need to look up another customer. When entering payment, I need to be very careful when flowing step sequence to process a payment. I would hope that one day sage can notify me when a client makes a payment or a deposit. I wish those sides could merge together in some way to help us keep track of payments,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its easy to learn, quick set up. Smooth transition into the system.

I am progressing in accuracy with customer service. Business runs a lot faster with Sage. We as a company are providing fast and tromp service to our clients with ease. Sage is just an easy way for a business to run smoothly and easily. We are a very busy and sage helps us create a viable environment with not only our clients but with co-workers.

Controller

"Solid mid-market enterprise accounting, with quirks"

What do you like best?

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced

-solid on standard accounting

-multi-company/location/entity reporting

-import/export works well

-test company option helps new users acclimate

-simple bank reconciliation module

-security and role definitions

-GL reports are very useful to financial experts

What do you dislike?

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation...

-there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials.

-Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business.

-there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products.

-Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase)

-There are no reports that show unposted JEs

-AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage.

-Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options.

-No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative

Enterprise accounting software only.

"Great Accounting Tool"

What do you like best?

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

What do you dislike?

Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need.

Sales Associate
Entertainment

"An Essential tool for your everyday ERP management"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for us to use Sage to locate our items in stock, to assist us in placing orders, tracking orders, tracking customer preferential pricing, We are also able to record tracking numbers into our purchase orders, see when orders were placed, see when the purchase order was written, and where it is coming from. We are also able to look into a customers history to see how frequently they are purchasing from us and when was their last purchase in order to reactivate them as a customer if need be. I love that we are able to store multiple addresses on one account as well as multiple names and emails.

What do you dislike?

Our version is very temperamental for a reason I am not yet aware of since I have only been using it for 6 months and I am sure there are probably some things I still don't know. The only thing I do not like is that you can never go back once you make a quote a sales order. You can not make a Standard order into a quote again so the only way to correct it is to delete it and start over.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am certain there are newer versions of this product so I would definitely look into that but otherwise it is a wonderful product. This is used in 95% of my work applications and it is essential to the way we do things here.

I love that is helping me to track errors in our inventory (warehouse). I love how easy it is to look back on a customer's order and see costs.

Regional Sales Manager

"Great for what I use it for"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to look up pricing and calculate my sales commission. Sage 100 lets me have my own salesperson account that I can access on the road or at my desk.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little too complicated for what I use it for. I guess these are features that other co-workers use quite often but it leaves too many options to sort through to get to what I need

We are using this as a remote sales, pricing, and inventory platform. It lets me check on my accounts, orders, and inventory on the road while making sales calls

Office Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"LOVE Sage for dispatching, accounting, and SSO tablets "

What do you like best?

Where to start. This is an easy to use program. Everything communicates with everything. Tablets update to computers. Payments post from credit card to bank reconciliation. No Need to go back and deposit after charges are made. Ease of looking up history. Using Payment solutions makes it very simple, no error in posting to wrong accounts.

What do you dislike?

If a user has access to scheduling they can move/ delete/ cancel a technician without knowing they've done it. It would be nice to have a "are you sure you want to un-assign user, delete work order, etc"

something that warns them so it doesn't just disappear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everything is able to be copied to Excel. A/R A/P easy to use. Dispatching is a breeze. Able to add pricing and accessible to technicians on tablets. They communicate with each other. You can see what they have added to work orders. Payment Solutions is great! Saves a lot of time. With other outside credit card companys you have to process payment than create deposit, with payment solutions you literally type in client number and it processes the credit card and posts to bank recon without having to do extra work. Another way to save on paper! Can email customer receipts right from there.

Using the SSO tablet software has made us go paperless. We are saving so much money by not printing tags, the customers get emailed receipts. We are 80% paperless now. Its wonderful to save and be Green!

"Sage 100c"

What do you like best?

Pros: Easy to use with its straightforward Menu bars. It also allows for you to store multiple contacts within vendors contact module which is nice, has a nice copy and paste feature which comes in handy for AP, and paperless capability.

What do you dislike?

Cons: Some of the basic reporting is lacking, it doesn't allow you to open multiple windows once you start drilling down, finding the exact report you need can be daunting sometimes due to the number of reports they have. I would rather have less reports with more information, but with more options to manipulate data myself. You can input data. For example, we use ADP and I cannot upload a file from ADP, so I'm manually putting in everyone's time and job coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for small to medium sized companies that aren't too complicated. If you're a very large company with multiple divisions, I would look towards Sage 300.

Cost code tracking for multiple jobs. Looking forward to using the paperless feature in 2018.

"It is a great program that works well for our Business"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily enter, process, and search through orders. The ability to change the search features as well make it really nice for searching through our products as well as easily check their cost, sales price, and availability. It is easy to pickup and learn how to use the program.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow sometimes but that is to be expected sometimes with technology. The ability to tell who has a particular order open instead of just seeing that someone else has it open would make it quicker and easier to have them close it so you can change the order.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great program!

No longer having to search through files to find the information we're looking for. The ability to instantly change orders and other information in the system across all our branches at once. Being able to keep track of individual customers pricing as well as changing their orders on the fly.

"Sage review "

What do you like best?

Our business has around 600 employees. This this system helps us create a great database to put assets into an organized formate where we can come and view it and find what we need in an efficient and fast way.

What do you dislike?

There are restrictions in where it is not completely customizable to our exact liking. Also it it run completely on Wi-Fi or hard internet connect. Without internet you have no access to safe at all. I travel to different branches and sometimes run into the issue that the connection is bad and it stops me from using the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are good benefits to this program but the part that I have difficulty over is the restrictions they have Im software where you cannot completely customize it to meet your specific needs.

We are placing all put assets into the safe software to help us organize and track our assets.

"Sage 100 Construction "

What do you like best?

Sage is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Each page is marked with asterisks for simplicity to quickly add information and update again and again as new info is made available.

What do you dislike?

Our company is continually growing and to add additional license's is a pain and very expensive. If there are too many people logged in at one time then another person can't get in and that makes bid day very stressful!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can be pricey so be aware as you continue to grow your business and perhaps take advantage of buying extra seats early on implementation.

I've used this as part of estimating and now in the operations side. It's good to see how the estimate can be moved from sage and integrated into the other programs we use such as ProCore and e-Takeoff.

"Payroll - SAGE"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy to use, I figured out most of the payroll f unctions and reporting on my own and without any formal training. You can also manipulate the fields quite easily to get the information you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The reports that are available can be minimal for certain searches. There should be more options to narrow your search for on time card reporting and on an individual basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you get all of the modules in a certain program so that you can access all the information and reporting that you need.

We are not solving any problems per say, but it helps when trying to look up certain information in a timely manner.

UE

"Not Meant for Manufacturing"

What do you like best?

If I input a zip code into a vendor's account, it will pull the city and state.

What do you dislike?

If you want to do almost anything that we need, you have to pay extra. I can't pull custom reports without paying extra. The reports we have don't work and don't have all of the information. If we want to move around information, you have to export to excel which comes out looking weird, so then you have to fix that. It takes me at least 2 hours to get a report of Open Invoices by GL Category because I have to manually pull all of the GL information. There are reports that kind of get close, but don't ever get the full information. I still don't have a decent report to give to my sales team so that they can see what we've sold by item to our customers. They see weird numbers and I have to translate it into something readable.

Purchase Orders are a pain and will randomly change GL accounts, regardless of what you have listed for the vendor, sometimes it won't pull the information at all.

Our intercompany information is a disaster because we can't log things easily and Sage 100 isn't compatible across countries. It's not multi-currency.

We have multiple warehouses but have to track all of our shipments using excel spreadsheets because Sage requires us to implement an entire system that costs more money just to utilize their inventory module.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with something that is more user friendly. Also, our main concerns are that every area of our business is negatively impacted by Sage 100. If one thing was a problem but it worked elsewhere, I think we would be okay, but it's a mess everywhere and I feel like I need another me just to get the reports I need. Just look elsewhere.

We have plenty of issues and Sage 100 does not solve any of them.

Supply Chain Analyst
Textiles

"Great ERP system for small to mid-size companies"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and intuitive design of all the links

What do you dislike?

some minor stuff like you can't copy the item number in the Item Maintenance window because it zeroes out. Also, kind of annoying to play out the upload Excel file in the CSV format to integrate properly into the MRP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a demo prior to buying. Also, use the testing environment prior to implementing big changes to test.

MRP, Accounting, Purchasing, Sales, BOM

"Helpful Keeping Track"

What do you like best?

Putting in information, editing, and searching for invoices/sales orders.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes printing can be finicky. Need to be careful with boxes checked and rechecking them if you edit a sales order or will have to open the sales order and manually check print order.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the application in your spare time to get to know the features and menus.

It's overall better than our previous accounting system, MAS. It's easy to go to a task that another worker worked on.

"SAGE 100 Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Each module is located in a centralized location. Large variety of reports to use, plus ability to customize reports to meet many of our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in the reporting. Some reports truncate characters due to length in areas that are necessary for use outside of the program - has caused some headaches in our A/P department.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is useful to explore the system. We have discovered items that have been quite handy in our workplace just by clicking around and exploring. Review data that appears on reports to verify all information you expect to be included is shown on the report. We have run into issues when exporting NATCHA files for ACH payments where our message/note to include in the ACH is truncated, leaving out important information for the recipient to correctly apply our payments.

We have begun using ACH which has allowed us to save time and money in our A/P department. We have also begun using imports of transactions to also save us time and money in our general accounting department.

Accounting Clerk
Real Estate

"Sage"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to do payroll using this product. Entering in all of the employees info takes some time, but once they're in you don't have to worry about it again. It was so smooth doing payroll and getting reports and such.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here! There were a lot of options available to us that we didn't utilize, but that doesn't necessarily make the product any less of a good one.

I used it to do payroll for the company as well as input data on our employees. It was helpful to have all that info in one place where I could easily access it.

"Sage 100 Standard Edition - Not so useful"

What do you like best?

Nothing. If you are looking for business/accounting software DO NOT buy Sage until you look at other ones.

What do you dislike?

It is frustrating navigating thru this software. Having to go back three steps to start over on the different modules doesn't make sense. This software has the capabilities to be more useful but it feels like a step above dos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my opinion, there are too many other software options out there to settle for using Sage. Even Quickbooks is ten times easier to use then Sage. Sage is so frustrating trying to navigate throughout the software. The reports are week and you have to try to understand their acronyms.

Very Few

Office Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great program for all in one Accounting/Payroll!"

What do you like best?

This program is very easy to learn and run. It is great for Accounts payables, receivables, printing checks, and running payroll. Also prints reports after each update so that you always have a great paper trail for audit support of all your actions. You can also set up different users to have different functions so that you can merge files and see what each person has put into the system. Easy to make corrections if needed!!

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like. Takes some training to get used to but the good thing is you can't really make a mistake you can't fix.

I like that everything for Payroll can be set, and that all the figures for hours can just be put in and everything will be configured automatically. Taxes are figured automatically and reports are printed so that all you have to do is verify and pay them.

"CRM-Start Up Option"

What do you like best?

Sage was the first CRM system I had ever worked with at the time I was introduced to it. It was really easy to get accustom to its functionality. A year after working with it, I was asked to take over Admin duties for the system which I truly enjoyed. I felt the customization options for new field creation and the layout for specific pages, etc., were really easy to complete.

What do you dislike?

The system got to a point where it simply did not meet our business needs any longer. We looked into upgrading the system but the cost of the upgrade was outweighed in comparison to the price of a brand new system...till this day I'm not sure if we made the right choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since we were looking to enhance the integration of our business process details and strategies those are the items that I would focus on enhancing.

We were developing a true CRM system not just a large roll-a-dex of contacts. we were looking to explore things like hierarchy's, parent accounts, integrating customer support tickets, contract details, the list could go on and on. We did look to see if we could implement such options into our current system, but by then we had already made the decision to bring in a new system all together.

Director / Estimating / Pre-Construction
Construction

"Sage 100 review."

What do you like best?

I am not a big fan of sage. It is crystal report based and not flexible. Like many software of this kind it is geared toward subcontractors.

What do you dislike?

Double entry. It is built for accounting and the pm side is not good. I also wish it was web based and played better with other databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Web based. More flexible platform. Play nicer with Salesforce and other database software.

I use it to give reports and pm projects. It is used to manage and sort costs.

"Was a great software, but no real evolution since many many many years (French version)"

What do you like best?

Sage 100 ERP is different in all countries. So beware, the french version that I used might no be the same as for the english, german...

But this software didn't evolve since 2000. I was a user from 1999 to 2002, and at the time it was one of the best : fast, lots of features, easily customizable...

It was really a the reference in the market.

When I used it again, it was still the same 10 years after :(

What do you dislike?

It didn't evolve... Sage stopped developping the products, and just maintain them.

No real web feature, no real evolution inside the product...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The french version is still good, but it is no more the reference in the market. It should evolve, but sage seems to have no willing to continue de local products.

For the same pricing, you should consider web or more evolving products.

Manage the activity

Staff Accountant
Gambling & Casinos

"SAge 100 For Accounting"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of setting up multiple companies.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the difficulty of initial setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for smaller companies. You may want something more robust for larger companies.

We are solving having an ERP that grows with our entity. It's easy to add companies and navigate between them.

(10,001+ employees)

"Time Entry Tool"

What do you like best?

There is no part of this tool that I can describe as being good. It satisfies the time entry needs, no more no less.

What do you dislike?

My interaction with this tool is limited to time entry. The means to do this is cumbersome and not easy to see what you're doing. The tool makes you trip over a weird scheme of entry boxes. If I make a mistake entering time, I have to go to another part of the tool to see a report of what I've entered so far and then sometimes enter negative time. Additionally, we use this tool through Citrix and on occasion it will refuse to open. It's not clear to me if this is due to Citrix or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My experience with the tool has not given me reason to recommend it.

Time entry and probably more, but any other functions this fills, I'm not a user of.

(10,001+ employees)

"Frustratingly slow and cumbersome"

What do you like best?

I'm struggling to think of something here... I can't think of anything I actually like. Maybe the fact that everything's integrated (just like any ERP tool is)?

What do you dislike?

The time tracking tool is very inefficient. There is no history saved, so if I'm working on the same job codes every day/week, I have to enter them in every single time. When you have 10-15 job codes to enter, it takes a frustratingly long time to enter the information. Especially combined with its slow searching. Every character you type generates a new query to the database, so you end up flooding your own servers with searches - completely unnecessary, and it bogs everything down!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look elsewhere if you have multiple offices that need to connect to this tool. The performance of Sage 100 was so bad, we had to set up a virtual server for users to connect through (via citrix) to make it usable.

Our company uses this for employee time tracking and shipping/receiving and billing.

AD

"Information flow excellence"

What do you like best?

Sage is a skeletal business software that allows you to customize and tailor it to meet your ever growing business needs.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot but I've been using it for 12 years so I got used to the key stroke hassles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Sage for use as the business software

We have a wide customer base. A good portion of our customers ask for changes to BOL's, Sales Order layouts, customized products. Sage allows you to build on all of that.

CI

"Good mid-level accounting solution, particularly for manufacturers"

What do you like best?

Low hardware requirements, easy to use, product updates come out regularly. There are many third party apps to customize the system, and there is also a large network of Master Developers to make custom additions.

What do you dislike?

Product updates can be buggy, sometimes large changes to the system are made with little notice

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The reseller you choose is very important - the implementation and support of the project are pretty much entirely up to the reseller.

Integrating accounting with manufacturing software needs, such as keeping Bills of Materials in the same system as Purchase Orders for ease of use.

"Sage in AP"

What do you like best?

I like the best the ability to locate things so easily; I also like how it pre warns you, and then confirms when values are off.

What do you dislike?

The manual switch from lines to header is such a drag; being able to just hit enter would make much more easier when working in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If that's what your company uses, learn all the tricks and you will work smarter, not Harder.

We use Sage for our accounts payable concerns. Coming from a company that used their own software, Sage is pretty efficient with getting work done.

Zoning Plans Examiner
Government Administration

"Excellent Product for any Growing Company"

What do you like best?

Creating the database takes time, but once it is up and running, it is reliable. Reporting functions are fully customizable but can be a bit too much for the average user to figure out. Thankfully the Sage Knowledgebase/Sage City has a plethora of workarounds, hints and tips that makes a world of a difference. The Sage Community is likely the most valuable aspect of the product.

What do you dislike?

The extensive cost of licensing considering that the platform is largely user-driven and that you pay for product support on top of the license

Bookkeeping and project management. Converting paper practice to electronic has had its moments but generally, inquiries and reports are done in a fast and effective way

"Clunky but useful"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of customization that can be done and a lot of useful information that can be retrieved

What do you dislike?

With the ability to customize, you need to know how to do it. Without the help of companies who specialize specifically in the program it is almost impossible to do. It is also expensive to hire these people.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very useful, but be ready for a learning curve

Ability to accurately keep track of project costs

UF

"Sage - no bells and whistles but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Sage can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be. We don't have an order centric system and that is fine. It allows us to connect our excel data to sage and is very useful with treasury management, procurement, and A/R processing.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little outdated and we can't figure out a way to go paperless while using sage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think our product support from Sage is really great! There are tons of features we could still get use our of and if you put in the time I think there is a ton of potential out there for Sage to streamline your Operations

Its a centralized way to organize our project data among multiple teams, vendors, and financial periods.

"Sage 100 ERP Sucks!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it keeps track of inventory.

What do you dislike?

You have a limit as to how many characters you can type in. That leaves you guessing a lot as to what the product is when you have many items with similar names at the beginning of the title. If you are entering orders for customers you sometimes have to click on 10 items to get the full description to pop up before you can find the one you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont waste your money

This system works well when it comes to keeping track of inventory. But really there are way too many bad aspects of the system.