Zenefits Services Reviews & Product Details

Zenefits Services Overview

What is Zenefits Services?

The Zenefits People Platform brings everything HR into one radically simple, single app. The platform is designed to be comprehensive without being overly complex. It puts benefits, payroll and HR access in the pockets and at the fingertips of employees.

Zenefits Services Details

Zenefits
2013
San Francisco, CA
@Zenefits

Zenefits Services Reviews

Showing 25 Zenefits Services reviews
Location
Already have Zenefits Services?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The system is perfect for the improvement and optimization of work in groups or aid projects, I am happy because it has maintained a complete administration of our company, it also allows to engage with the employees to give the best management of their tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a SaaS platform for human resources, which allows you to manage change, maintain compliance and also empower all staff. It provides you with expertise and applications such as payroll, performance, benefits, and human resources that are combined with integrated partner applications and advisory services. In this way you make your business grow. It has a very simple and clean interface where you can navigate without problems, it is also easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

our experience has been satisfactory in obtaining the expected results for our company, we have not presented any type of problem or inconvenience, however the performance management module could improve it so that each manager can see the objectives of a team member at the time without having to move it. This guarantees higher performance for the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This is a great tool that you can house your company's insurance policies, check and payroll information, requests for time off and assistance, in this way you will carry out a more effective management and administration. It's easy to adjust pay, view deductions, manage bonuses or reimburse employees, it takes less than 15 minutes this is amazing for a valuable time saver. When compared to other platforms, the cost of this is affordable for any company, without a doubt Grow has everything we need. It is very complete, we recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this platform in our company and each of our employees for HR, including the incorporation of benefits and programming. In this way, as a SaaS company that is responsible for the creation of intuitive experiences for the consumer. Our old software was clumsy and slow, now it is totally the opposite, we have results through Zenefits, the interface is very good, each of the members of our work team has no problem when they log in. Our team has a greater administration and management, this provides a significant time saving that we can channel in other areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Tax filing, payroll, hiring and onboard new employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lots of features. Ease of use. Enormous amounts of resources available for "how-to" and links to resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their tax department. So many little issues. They have limited staff it seems and the time it takes them to respond is lengthy, which of course when you're dealing with tax issues, is a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do your research on the fees they charge and what they charge a la carte for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR related tasks; love having it all in one place; user-friendly; Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use Zenefits Services for business intelligence activities, HR compliance, employee information database and PTO administration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Zenefits Services has a great way to include new staff in an employee manual, monetary products, legitimate confirmation of jobs and much more. The timing and commitment we have got with Zenefits have allowed our staff to gain plenty of efficiency as it is one of the very few HRIS systems that we find in QuickBooks. It allows us to submit time off email applications and then to send repetitive scheduling invites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process to set time off is hard to adjust to specific programs. The Customer Support is inefficient, I think it's because most of the staff are very young and do not know the basics about HR. Also, we still have to understand the value of Zenefits Services system integrations, but I think it's too complicated for the regular user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Zenefits Services is a good tool to hold your insurance policy, pay stub details and payroll data, time off requirements and participation. I can honestly say that each area of Zenefits is very useful and beneficial. Nonetheless, it can be extremely frustrating as it is so difficult to find solutions to issues, so if you are a larger company or you have a complex business, I would suggest you to go with a different product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Zenefits Services for our employees all across the country. It allows us to encourage a more comprehensive Performance Management System which lets the recruitment process look simpler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staffing Coordinator
Staffing and Recruiting
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use Zenefits Services to schedule days off, onboarding and privileges within the HR department Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Zenefits diagram is clear and engaging, so it makes really easy to run for payroll activities. The platform also provides corporate weekends, if you apply for a very appropriate time off. The Org Chart is good for both our new hires and those who were here before, as it permits people to discuss using their own cell phones if they like. Also, input reports are very accessible, so I don't have to struggle searching for them through my inbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits' general design seems a bit redundant, although many new features are constantly implemented. I think Zenefits works great for users, but for managers, it could be very complicated, as the user interface is difficult to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Zenefits Services is well suited for companies that are looking for a tool to handle simple HR activities for SMEs. It has made our life much simpler because we don't have to search through paper records for details on staff. Besides, it is very accurate with the information it handles, as there are very few conflicts regarding to our personnel guidelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zenefits Services allows us to handle days off, privileges, onboarding, correspondence and much more HR activities needed all across our company. Most of the employees use it to request for time off, update their personal details and access contact information. Fortunately, our employee management staff is very knowledgeable about this tool and can help members with any questions regarding Zenefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use zenefits for scheduling time off for my team as well as employee performance reviews Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use and the time off scheduling is very straight forward Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The performance review process with Zenefits was lengthy for us. I would have liked our template to be customized more and for us to select the person who managed reviews. I am a department manager, but my team is all nested under their account leaders for time off organization. For reviews we had to move everyone under me and it was just a mess for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved the issue of tracking and managing time off for employees. We have realized for HR, this platform really is an all encompassing tool that has really benefited our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The types of projects Zenenfits helped me are: electronic new hire paperwork (on boarding), ACA reporting, business intelligence (customized and standard reporting), employee information database, HR compliance, PTO administration, and benefits administration (limited). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly. The data and records are organized and simplified, yet compliance. I appreciate their great customer service. Very timely, attentive, and knowledgeable. I appreciate that I am not getting a robot to assist me with technical support or with answering any questions I may have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a HRIS that has some technical errors in the process. I would have to call customer service several times a month to ensure accuracy and request to resolve certain issues that I noticed while using the system. This typically is found in benefits administration feature than in any other features the system has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The system allows me to focus on “non” transactional tasks because takes care of these tasks for me. The system allows many tasks to be automated and can be viewed as an employee self service tool. In addition, the tool is very organized in maintaing and keeping record. I appreciate that there is always a customer service representative who will be able to answer my questions or resolve any issues I come across. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TG
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We've used zenefits to sign up for insurance at my small company. It made the entire process, from choosing a plan to signing up easy and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place, so i don't have to wade through a bunch of emails and websites to access benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits has a sketchy reputation and firing Parker and rebranding didn't really solve that for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It's the best HR platform i've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It takes less time to do mundane boring stuff so i can work harder on actual work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

requesting time off Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's uncomfortable asking in-person to my boss for time off. This is an easy and stress-free tool to ask for vacation, sick or WFH days. also, my pay stubs and tax docs are easy to access and getting paid is easy (no checks to worry about depositing) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a previous role at the company and when I try to login I can't tell which position (the old or current one) I'm logging into so it just gets annoying to login to the wrong one, log off and login back in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

so easy for employees, a time saver and convenient! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The extra time and inconvenience of asking for time off in person or filling out tedious docs is no longer a problem with the inclusion of zenefits in my workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Zenefits as a platform for the company I work for, managing employee HR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease in which the user can capture others in the company, as well as manage PTO, pay stubs, benefits, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use several platforms simultaneously while at the office. The UI with Zenefits is efficient and easy to navigate. I do not really have any dislikes to share at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I am not an admin for our use of Zenefits, therefore several of the above questions do not related to my user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an employee, my main benefit is a one-stop UI for all of my employee needs in a way that is easy to access, as well as integrates with Slack and Google, saving time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Zenefits is the HR platform for my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and lack of need for a small company to have HR people on staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting support can be tricky and it takes time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Getting support can be tricky, best to call in for time-sensitive support needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR support on demand is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I work in a 300 person physical therapy company. Zenefits helps us to manage our HR platform with everything form tax forms to paychecks and benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love the ease with which to navigate the website and portal, easy email access and links Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to find forms sometimes, specifically for tax forms. Would love the ability to train our employees through Zenefits as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Love using the many platforms, take advantage of what is best for you and your business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running HR through a platform rather than a person. Takes easy tasks away from our HR people to be able to focus on what they're hired to do rather than ask questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Payroll and employee benefits, such as health insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the usability of the platform. It is very easy to navigate and is intuitive. It makes everything available in one central location, and the support team has been very helpful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since it is a third-party, sometimes you may need to get in touch with your insurance provider to find out what will be covered, instead of Zenefits being able to tell you directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zenefits has made is extremely easy to access my paystubs and insurance information all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

HR tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation and use of the features to see your tasks, hours. Leaves Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It hangs sometimes especially if you're using it over the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contact Center Agent
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

NEVER AN ISSUE PAID EARLYRY ON TIME VERY PROFESSIONAL . GOOD BUSINESS PARTNER Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

THERE WAS NOTHING TO DISLIKE ABOUT THE COMPANY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

GREAT COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EASY TO BE PAID AN ALWAYS ON TIME Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Contractor
Education Management
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I only used as interface for PTO/tax info as an employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Good easy access to org chart which helps finding contact info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have access to salary pay stubs. Also would prefer that all documents live in one area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Na Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My company brought on Zenefits to help with HR related things. We could take time off and see our information through zenefits. I used it as an employee at a company not working too closely with it's ins and outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use as an employee. Very clear with navigation and features. Did not need any training on Zenefits as I could clearly see where I needed to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of functionality for our company. We were a smaller company when we first starting using Zenefits then switched to BambooHR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were solving payroll and vacation time off - now they are looking for more of an all in one system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We worked with a Zenefits HR Advisor to review existing company policies and our employee handbook before bringing to an employment attorney for review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our Zenefits HR Advisor was knowledgable and responsive, and the service more than paid for itself. Our HR Advisor recommended best practices and helped us better understand how companies our size and in our industry across similar geos have dealt with this issue. Further, he helped us align our company policy and handbook to the culture we were trying to cultivate, which has helped us better attract the right candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could have completed the full project with the Zenefits rep, but we still had to take the handbook our employment attorney for final review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Business Development
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Seeing benefit info online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

PTO processing is easy and simple to watch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular it works as expected mmm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GT
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I appreciate the clarity of Zenefits' UI - I have never struggled to negotiate my way through their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can use their product - everything is very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had a negative experience with zenefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use benefits to coordinate time off - very helpful. In addition to our org charts and staff files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Taking time off Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to submit request for time off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of integration with payroll. There is only one thing we use it for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company has a flexible time off program and Zenefits allows that to happen/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Zenefits helped me with my onboarding process and made it very easy to see all of my documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate and find all of my information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the app is harder to find information than the online website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Use zenefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have found it is easy to schedule time off and hey it approved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GD
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

A design agency I worked for previously used Zenefits for all our HR needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UI and organization of information was helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI and branding changed a couple times, leading me to feel a bit disconnected from the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great HR tool for organizing benefit info, particularly insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
What do you like best?

It has a lot of HR resources in one place... It's really a promising platform if you live where you can take advantage of everything they offer! After talking to my sales person, I also have a lot of confidence that new features are coming.

(Update - 4 months in and Zenefits is full of bugs and problems. Unfortunately, they lured us into pre-paying for an annual service, and they have a no-refund policy. Escalating concerns with Zenefits is a nightmare - I'm supposed to be on a call with them now, but the rep no-showed for our scheduled call. Don't waste your money!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many services aren't offered in Delaware. We couldn't use them for health insurance or for payroll - 2 of the key reasons we wanted the platform. That being said, we like it enough that we signed up and are waiting for those services to be made available in Delaware!

(4 months in - Still no Delaware Payroll....but lots of product bugs to report. Buttons on the platform that don't go anywhere... slow responses from escalation support, and no refunds if you're not happy... Stay away!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Even if they don't offer everything in your state, the solution is still solid! We are glad we made the switch!

(4 months in and Zenefits is why I drink... this platform gets worse by the day!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We will eventually be able to put all of our HR in one place. Employees will have quick easy access to payroll and HR forms, in the same portal they use to clock in and out every day.

(4 months in - causing more problems than it solves for... We were better off with the disjointed systems we had in place before!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
Information Services
What do you like best?

Trying to find something to like about this product is hard when you wound up only having a single day to submit a healthcare enrollment application - December 31! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits was completely unresponsive to any of our questions. It created a complete nightmare for the woman who was managing our employee benefits and delays for all the employees electing coverage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Please search Google news for stories about this company and all the problems they've had. You'll be shocked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company thought Zenefits would be an easier way to manage employee benefits, but it wound up being a disaster. They only used this service for a few months before switching back to a traditional employee benefits company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We've considered few different benefits providers and Zenefits is the best. Friendly UX with simple UI comparing to other services we considered. Our employees love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have a direct contact for our employees so they could ask any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I wished that you could start payroll earlier so I could use Zenefits as a only service to use to manage benefit and payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits, employee management, HRIS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.