Camtasia Reviews & Product Details

Camtasia Overview

What is Camtasia?

Camtasia lets you record a video of what’s on your computer screen. Use it to make lessons, tutorials, or product demos. Turn your screen recordings into compelling videos with Camtasia’s video editing tools, animations, and effects.

Camtasia Details
German, English, French, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified)

More than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia gives you the tools you need to truly customize and edit your videos.

TechSmith

Camtasia Reviews

Showing 447 Camtasia reviews
Already have Camtasia?
Engineer
What do you like best?

It's a very good tool to complement learning after live training there is almost always someone who has more questions after practicing the content, instead of answering live in a meeting I do some video editing with Camtasia with the question at hand and store it, more often than not the question gets asked more than once and I can just send the video I made the first time. I put extra effort into editing with Camtasia since I know I can use it more than once most of the time and the guys I train appreciate the effort into a video response instead of a dry email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have found so far is that processing the video sometimes takes 3 or more times the length of the original video, but I guess that is normal for video editors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Put effort in your videos you'll thank yourself later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating short videos from screen capture and adding a few snippets at the right moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Excellence Change Agent
What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to import Audio and Visual files into Camtasia. I can sort and mix my tracks and I can make smooth-looking transitions. If I can find an effect in the interface, I can learn how to use it very quyickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot on the interface panel. There is almost too much. I wish that the canvas -- the sample video output - would operate on a separate window that I can have on a different screen, or as an overlay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a Camtasia license, be sure to visit the support site and watch any videos (they are well-produced, of course) and take any Certification training available. The first thing they teach is that you must have good sound. You can do a lot with video, but it is very important to start with good sound.

By editing an existing project, you get experience with the application, and you know what you can make "look good" later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I make videos for a remote University class (Operations and Supply Chain Management). Because of that experience, I have been able to create more engaging tools and I have begun to create more video content for "my real job" as an Operations Consultant. The videos allow me to create content that covers the basics or procedural explanations. Things that needs to be explained many times, or that people would like to review again in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This video editor has very complete add-ons and tools for the development of very professional and high-quality videos, it has many editing options from importing files, design, add-ons to add effects, it also has capture tools and screen recording for the realization of other projects without leaving the program, we also have among the design tools with options for editing and inserting text, shapes, images, audios and modification of dimensions from the same graphic interface and timeline where we can add the files for the video editing on the sequence, it also has export tools in various video file terminations as well as transformation of dimensions to make the videos adaptable to multiple platforms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program has many things and is very complete but I would like it to have the option to add more special effects plugins and video transformation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program has many editing tools, I recommend preferably setting the timeline first when we work with a large number of files to make it easier to edit and adjust the files of our projects for when we select them for editing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we use this program, we first record the screen of what we are doing at work to continue editing either for presentation videos in videoconferences, or have a tutorial to check our work done, in this same program we can add multiple videos and image in the timeline as well as descriptive texts and audios, to continue joining everything in sequence at the end to have a video to which we can add the effects to later upload it to the server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coaching and Consulting for Creative Professionals, Solo Entrepreneurs, and Struggling Marketers
What do you like best?

After much frustration using other popular video capture and editing software, I tried the free trial of Camtasia. After only a few minutes of using it I knew I'd found my video answer. It is simple to learn and use, and it has all the basic features I need to make professional quality videos without pulling my hair out over the learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like a few more audio options like reverb and equalizer. Would also like to be able to rotate text to any angle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a simple video capture and editing solution, look no further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I make videos constantly for my coaching and consulting clients, mostly website reviews and software instructions. Camtasia and Snagit together have transformed this process for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Following are the things that I liked about Camtasia:

1. It's easy to use, so you can get started with it within a day

2. Using Animations, and effects is way easier in Camtasia

3. If you are using images, you can easily create appealing effects for your Marketing Videos

4. In built screen recording feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have much options for Video Color Modification like LUTs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need easy to use software for Video Editing with essential features for Starting, then Camtasia is a Good Software.

Thou before purchasing, you can compare software like Camtasia, Filmora & Premier Pro to decide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Camtasia is good for Editing Videos faster with essential elements like Callouts, Basic Animations. Blurs, Highlights Effects etc.

And with simple interface, it's easier to explain Teams about How Tos for Software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This video editor has many tools dedicated to the elaboration of professional projects apart from being a very intuitive software, since it has among its editing tools everything organized easily to start from the import of the files, to the implementation of multiple effects on the files. videos, such as the image or text insertion functions, or audio editing, it also contains additional plugins for capturing images and video on the screen, which greatly increases the possibilities of this program, we also have the option of add multiple effects already predesigned to the videos, all this to have professional finishes, and finally there are the file export options, where we have the option to change the final size of the video, as well as to choose the best file ending to do so adaptable to multiple platforms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the program to have more options for effects to add on the videos, or the option to add plugins created by users to give a more professional touch to the videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good video editor, and I would recommend that if you want to progress faster in your projects on the same official camtasia website, there are some excellent tutorials to start familiarizing yourself with the program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before starting a video project, we first set aside all the files that we are going to use, and then put them all in the program's timeline and adapt them on their sequence in order to finally have the times well arranged, as well as the audios that We are going to insert, and once this is done we begin to add text, watermarks and effects to the video, especially output and input effects of the sequences, to finally go to the export options where we adjust the desired size and quality to the videos to make them adaptable to multiple devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Blackboard Support and Services Manager
What do you like best?

I love that Camtasia allows me to make instructional videos using templates or "freestyle". The seamless integration of my Snagit files is amazing. Camtasia offers many free templates, animations, and transitions that can be used in making your videos look and feel like custom productions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This software had a bit of a learning curve. I have used similar products in the past, so I have more than a passing familiarity with this type of interface, but for someone just starting out, it might seem a bit daunting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can create detailed, production quality training videos and presentations. This has been a game-changer for my department. I love that I can produce professional looking materials that will enhance the training experience of our department. This product has helped us streamline the production of our training videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can teach a lesson once about javascript and API design, record my desktop and add annotations and reuse it for every new member in our team with that out of the way I can focus in actual development and testing and whenever a doubt arises I can always record a new video or edit one of the old ones to put some annotations on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish an option to share to a different web page would be available, it is great that you can share to google drive or youtube, but we use a different system, it is a quick extra step so no big issue but it would be nice to see in future versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make a copy of your Camtasia project, not just video, in case you need to edit it later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recording my screen and creating tutorials Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This video editing program has many tools and options that are very easy to use, such as file import tools to library, as well as video input and output animation and effects tools, very useful for making multiple content videos. and make scene changes, it also has color tools that allow freehand brushing or blurring and saturation, it also has color removal tools to make effects, insert tools to add text, and figures to the video, also tools of audio editing to transform it into the editing box as we are going to transform the videos, it also has multiple export options where we can choose predefined sizes for different devices or transform of our choice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the program to have more animation and effects options, that it had already predefined options to easily add Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to make very beautiful and professional videos in this program you will find from the most basic and easy-to-use tools, to the most advanced ones for quick editing, and to get the most out of it it is advisable to see tutorials on YouTube where they will teach us step by step how make good video edits smoothly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this program to edit the videos that we upload to YouTube about health and treatments, it allows us to make a simple edition based on the images that we are importing, as well as audios and images, and with this program we are joining the parts to form a quality video, in which we add effects and the logo of the company, so that more people know us, we can also add texts on the video, very useful to make them more understandable, we can also take screenshots or the web cam to add these videos to make them more interactive and interesting, at the end we transform the video and choose one of the options that already come in the export that appears right there as a default for YouTube, so without editing the dimensions, this whole set of tools the program has saved us a lot of editing time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Camtasia for our knowledge base articles. Sometimes people prefer to see a visual walkthrough but don't want to sit through a video. Gifs are the perfect workaround and Camtasia let me create those images in high resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. The app is perfect for my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All you need to do is set the dimensions of your screen capture so that they wrap around the target area. When you record, Camtasia will capture the screen activity and then give you the option of saving/exporting the video as a GIF file. I saved these images and uploaded them to our Intercom knowledge base articles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our customer success team relies on knowledge base articles to support site visitors and users. We previously used static images with a lot of words, but the animated gif let us say more with less demand from the reader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Camtasia is a very complete video editor that has many options and tools for configuration and design of professional videos, since it has from the basic tools to the most advanced, from the handling of the presentation, colors, import of files to add in our projects, as well as the import of other videos in the background, images, text or watermark, as well as multiple effects with rendering or saturation of colors, rotation effects and audio editing, it also has pre-established tools to add presentations, Figures and animations on the same videos, even the program has tools to capture images and videos to facilitate the import work, and to finish the projects we go to rendering or transformation to export how to give multiple finishes to our work or encoding to make them adaptable to different devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As for video editions, a configuration of animations or preset effects is needed to make the objects that we import in the videos more dynamic, such as other images or watermarks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you have doubts about the use of the program, do not hesitate to see the tutorials on its official website since there they teach all the characteristics of its tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we use this video editor, our work is much easier since we can choose all the files that we are going to use and drag them quickly from a folder to the program's timeline, and right there adapting the duration of each one, adjusting the cuts and then the position of the same in the video, already between each cut we can add the desired effects, and then we add watermarks, such as the logo of the company we work for, and then we proceed to save the file and make the rendering and adjustment of sizes to proceed to export and send Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This can completely replace a lengthy email or document and save a lot of time for everyone, for me since recording a series of steps and add explanation really quickly to the correct frame, that is a lot faster than writing explanations and for the one receiving the recording is a lot more easily followed than seeing a series of still images. Even better when they have 2 monitors so they can just pause the recording and continue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After I finish recording or when I finish editing and close the program sometimes it stays on the dock and stays there frozen so when I try to open it again it doesn't work because the program froze earlier so I need to force close it and then open it again. I don't do screen recordings that often, only 2 or 3 a week unless is hiring season but still is annoying when it happens Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love the software but it's expensive. Since my manager got the license I don't care but I would have not paid for it myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating screen recordings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a video editor that has very complete tools with which our videos can be of a truly professional quality, in addition to that its interface is very intuitive and simple with tools to drop and paste as well as editing images superimposed on the same video, It has tools for color and transparency effects, as well as watermarks and audio editing, it also has tools focused on animations and texts that we are inserting in the program's timelines, it also has very complete tools for the export of videos as the adjustment to the sizes and quality of the videos as well as different encodings, with which we can have a better quality in the videos that we develop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program has almost everything, it would only be necessary to add some extras such as emogis or editions of something, something more focused on social networks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you practice using the image and audio insertion tools, since it is possible to import everything to develop a video and thus have practice with the use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we started editing with this program from the first minute, we noticed that video editing was much easier for us since it has very intuitive and easy tools for design as well as the possibility of working directly on the images and text that we are adding in the timelines, as well as the possibility of cutting and making multiple insertions of files in the videos, and already directly on the screen to accommodate the sizes and positions of the objects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This tool is one of the easier screen capturing /lecture video tools out there. It easy to use like many other similar tools and many other instructors at are college use this to record lectures for remote/online learning. Since we have a site license it makes its easy for any one teaching to get the software licensed and installed on their computer. The video editor is probably the best feature of all since its easy to use for the novice movie maker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool can come with a hefty price tag but if you have a large organization the site license will help reduce those costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out all the alternatives to make sure its right for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is a learning curve for instructors when they first use it but if you create a few job aids to get them started they can really get going in using the basic features to make a professional looking video, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

it is simple to use, great for begginers as it requires very less time in learning it. And there are Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it dosen't have many features like the other application for video editing. So its a bit frustrating to switch different softwares to created a good animated video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

its some of the saved presets are though very usefull easy to handle. nothing much to learn. but still it is good for small works like just joining two videos or adding a background music to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I do have some experience with adobe photoshop and illustrator so the concepts of layering audio and video wasn't foreign, but this software is pretty simple for to use for a beginner such as myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much i can say that i dislike about the software. Really the biggest thing is the learning curve. I think it is designed with a somewhat knowledgeable user in mind but it would be nice if it had more features such as more intros or annotations. Having a wider library of those things would make it pretty awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the price is within your range, know there will be a slight learning curve but it is a capable software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee training and personal projects. During Covid using it a lot to record important meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intern
What do you like best?

It is very straightforward software to use and shooting video. I like the key pressing action in it, you can start recording by just pressing the key on keyboard. And it will give tool for explaining the concept which you want to show using pencil or round. The other feature is you can customize action after pressing keys. The size of video is optimal after exporting video from camtasia recorder. There option to mute your mic or off your camera, this is very helpful to me. After recording video it will directly navigate to editing screen this is reduced my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the feature of creating file for further editing every time. Other than that this is perfect package to use as teaching or video editing purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Such a amazing for recording your screen and edit your screen recording video. You can easily use this software don't need to learn from other video or tutorial. You can easily understand after viewing the GUI of software. There are many features available for editing the screen recording video like adding text, put music, cut the video, extract the music. This provide professional way to edit video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am searching for screen recording tool for my college project submission since many days, then I found camtasia recorder. Animation,transition,text adding, cut the video, change audio, extract audio, these are feature of camtasia software for video editing. Also you can import your another video on it. The software is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of MediaShout User Experience / Product Development
What do you like best?

I really like that Camtasia gives you some great tools (like transitions, animations, and text controls) to create videos that pop and are great for everything you could imagine. Whether you need to simply do a video edit of a multi-camera shoot or a screen capture for training purposes, Camtasia is the best way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Camtasia is great for video editing but does lack full Audio Editing Tools (there are some basic tools). I know they are working on that, but that missing functionality, as well as an easy way to do Ken Burns effect (it is possible, but not as easy as it could be), are the ONLY things keeping this from a 10 out of 10 for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not only do they have a great product, they are asking their users for feedback to help improve even more. That shows me a company that cares about their customer and customer needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Camtasia to create tons of videos for training users of our products or video editing webinars that we do. It is an easy-to-use, cost-effective way to create awesome videos without little training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Performing video recording and editing tasks for me has always been something really annoying and in view of the fact that at the university they are forcing us to deliver more and more activities of this type, I was forced to find an editor for video that really helped me and adapted to me, after much searching I finally got it "Camtasia". For me, it is a very powerful tool that allows me to edit and record videos in a fairly simple way in the same interface, what I loved the most about Camtasia was its ease of use, even I, who am completely new to this whole topic of The video editing I could use the system without major inconvenience and even without having to resort to a tutorial, since its interface is quite didactic and easy to use, in addition, Camtasia allows me to export the video in different resolutions allowing me to choose the one that best adapts to my needs at the time and if we talk about quality, you also have the option to choose that our videos are made in HD quality, which is something extremely good in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really personally, I have nothing to complain about Camtasia, I find it an excellent tool for anyone who wants to make video edits quite easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I basically use it for my university assignments when they ask me to make a video and upload it to YouTube, since it seems to me a quite practical and complete option that allows me to simultaneously record screen and record myself, which It is quite useful when it comes to making exhibitions and defenses that must later be uploaded to YouTube, personally I have become the personal promoter of Camtasia, since I live recommending them to the rest of my colleagues, since I really think that it is the best option available in video editing programs and to date I have no regrets choosing Camtasia for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.