Netlify

4.7

Netlify provides a full-featured CDN hosting solution.

Work for Netlify?

Learning about Netlify?

Netlify Reviews

Showing 12 Netlify reviews
Garrett W.

"I have so many great things to say about this company."

What do you like best?

You get a lot ( A LOT) just out of the free plan. The connection between developer tools is seamless. Connecting your custom domain and getting sub-domains takes less than 5 minutes to set up. I could launch a website with Netlify faster than you can make a cup of coffee. Netlify forms is a blessing and being able to create links for each branch... ummm that's unbelievable.

What do you dislike?

Only because I have a strong design background, I do with the UI was a tad better. That's only me being picky. Otherwise this product is so good. Nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let your developers use Netlify. They will be so much happier and you will get to see updates a lot faster. You can actually set up a live prod environment when building, so reduce room for error. It seriously the best.

TIME SAVER! I no longer have to spend an entire week working on devOps stuff. This really gives your developers super powers. Front End Developers are becoming more and more powerful with tools like these. I get prototypes shipped a lot faster and I actually enjoy my job when I get to work with Netlify.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Netlify
Felipe C.

"One of the easiest way to deploy a website"

What do you like best?

Since I started using Github Pages I've been looking for other services to deploy static websites and Netlify is one of the best products I've found. Super easy to setup (and I don't have technical background) and their free tier is awesome. I've used Netlify for a personal project and at work as well. I needed to create a simple website to manage some content and serve as Landing Page for an event and in one morning I could make it available for the public to access. Awesome.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I missed was a way to automatically deploy and update the website whenever I made a change. But it might be something I was missing and didn't not know how to configure. I had to run a command to deploy it, not sure there was another way to do it. It was a problema because the other people on our team didn't not know how to do it.

We had a small marketing team and we were on a short budget so we had to find a way to launch some landing pages and manage some content without spending too much. Netlify was perfect because I just needed to create a simple template using bootstrap, attaching to it a form from our marketing automation software and publish it on Netlify. It was flexible enough because I could use my own templates and I could use their free tier to do it. Great for a team that is short in budget.

What Content Delivery Network (CDN) solution do you use?

UR
User in Retail

"Great hosting for static sites - the hype is justified!"

What do you like best?

Great features for deploying static sites either directly from a codebase or via a build pipeline. The added features for authentication, user accounts and more put Netlify almost in league of their own.

The company have also made it extremely simple to use most of their services, something which so many get wrong in over complicating their UIs and documentation.

What do you dislike?

The services for more complex database driven websites are somewhat limited, so the hosting isn’t suitable for all kinds of websites and applications. Having said this, they don’t pretend to be and label themselves as being suitable for static sites (plus some integrated dynamic solutions).

As I am using Netlify as a single business owner/user, I am able to host a website for free with full access to their full-suite of offerings. Their free tier is incredibly good value, and will definitely lead to paid use in the future.

Maximillian L.

"Great static hosting with very generous free tier"

What do you like best?

Free static site hosting with free custom domains and HTTPS support. They even give you free continuous builds and deployment.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything about Netlify that I don't like so far. Keep in mind that it is for static sites only - though they just recently started supporting lambda functions as well.

I host most of my personal and business sites on Netlify because it is so easy to use. It has features that some other free static site hosts lack, such as custom redirect and HTTP header support.

"Quick, Easy, and great for simple applications"

What do you like best?

Netlify is really easy to use for straightforward deployments and smaller applications. It's got some really easy features to configure your site, and there's tons of really fantastic presets for single page applications, Gatsby apps, and more.

As a front end developer, Netlify is awesome, and it's really easy to use for just getting a static site, single page app, or small project off the ground and live on the internet. The domain configuration is really easy too. For front end developers that just want to get something out into the world, Netlify is excellent!

What do you dislike?

For complex applications that require a ton of configuration, microservices, and virtualization, I don't think Netlify would be the best choice. We have some larger applications that make use of virtualization and automation, but we know that this will never be used for it because Netlify is better suited for smaller applications that don't need a ton of configuration.

I do think the user experience could use some work, as I had to call in to get my HTTPS upgrade with let's encrypt validated. It took a little bit to get it there, but their support was really great in handling it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Netlify for smaller projects and keep things as simple as possible.

I use the free tier of Netlify to host my personal projects, portfolio, and other small applications. We use it at work to host small and simple applications that really don't need a lot of configuration and just act as a single click deploy.

Riley W.

"Free and simple hosting for static sites"

What do you like best?

My personal portfolio site is simple enough that I don't really want to pay for hosting. Netlify works great for this, I'm able to upload a zip folder with an index.html file inside and it is instantly online. I can also choose to connect a custom domain for free, which is great for me.

What do you dislike?

I'm not able to push updates by uploading a ZIP folder from my phone. The only way you can do it is by dragging the folder, which I can't do from my phone.

I am able to push updates to static websites at an unprecedented scale (either by the web upload or by automatic deploys through GitHub).

E
Executive Sponsor

"Netlify - great step up from AWS S3 + CloudFront"

What do you like best?

Mainly the ease of getting started and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model, specifically I don't think the pricing should be user based.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd definitely give them a try. They have a free account, so there isn't much of a reason not to. They have a very nice DNS management that beats the DNS provided by your Domain registrar. Additionally, they site hosting capabilities can be connected to your Git repository. This is really nice.

Easy hosting for DNS and websites.

"Best execution of cloud static hosting"

What do you like best?

I was able to run numerous small projects without additional cost and global cdn deployment cannot be easier than Netlify.

What do you dislike?

Other than static serving, dynamic processing (server functions) is kinda tricky. Compared to now.sh, it’s little bit difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best kind of service but in a very niche area.

There are a lot of times when small, https-protected mini-websites/services are needed while doing business. Netlify solves that niche area and also, great for small, personal projects.

"Review for Netify"

What do you like best?

Netify sends you a notification whenever your phone switches network types, to keep you updated on the type of network you are connected to. It's also ad free which people love.

What do you dislike?

You can also copy and share the Netify Log with the developer or with your friends. But that is ad free so unless you are one of those people who doesn't like to share then who cares.

Netify 1.1.0 now has translation of languages for people I have to deal with in multiple languages. Now they can translate that with the new option. It has been beneficial for my company.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

I love about Netlify that you can customize your domains with http and it does work for you when it comes to handling reviews and deploying previews.

What do you dislike?

Its quite pricy and it is hard to convince companies to start using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IT companies that rely a lot on the web development should consider the software because it makes life easier.

The technical team can easily handle the web development and setup.

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great way to deploy a static site"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Continuous deployment

Automatic branch and PR deploys

Good CMS option

What do you dislike?

A little finicky about file names.

That's about it.

Making our static website extra fast. Ease of deployment, both, production and staging.

"Creating new websites with Netlify"

What do you like best?

Accumulated and very useful features in one central place for site maintenance.

What do you dislike?

some functions are still on testing or beta.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very flexible

for small and even medium-sized web projects, Intuitive and simple to use

Learning about Netlify?

* We monitor all Netlify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.