Jive Communications

Jive Communications

Jive Communications provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

Work for Jive Communications?

Learning about Jive Communications?

Jive Communications Reviews

Ask Jive Communications a Question
Showing 551 Jive Communications reviews
Matthew U.

"Getting Better by the Day"

What do you like best?

Having Jive was a huge burden removed from our old PBX/RPI service. We cut costs in half, maintained our core services, and greatly reduced our time spent managing the backend. Originally the web client ran poorly on our aging Core 2 machines but since the introduction of the desktop client it has improved dramatically.

What do you dislike?

The number transfer process wasn't the simplest. This had a lot to do with our previous provider but I was really sweating it at one point in the process because of a lack of communication. You aren't allowed to be transferred to a number transfer agent on the support line.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep an eye on specials and promotions. When my company made the switch we saved extra by bundling GoToMeeting with Jive. Since LogMeIn's acquisition of Jive they have been more aggressive with their pricing and features.

By switching to Jive we have removed many bottlenecks in our LAN (our ancient IP phones). Having a desktop client that works better than our old phones has made our customer service reps more productive. The work anywhere nature of Jive has allowed many executive users to take calls "from the office" from the comfort of anywhere they choose.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Jive Communications
Dan G.

"Great clear service and awesome customer support at our fingertips."

What do you like best?

Jive features are among the best. and Setup is a breeze. We really appreciate doing business in our own currency, unlike other services that require us to pay in U.S when we are a Canadian company. Billing is very clear and concise.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to change the Quality of a call on the fly if a call gets choppy for any reason. It would also be nice to be able to set speed dial numbers on our phones with pauses. Currently the system only allows for a phone number and not a pause to be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Transition from other service to Jive was very easy. Activation of all phones took seconds to do. The on-boarding was very cleat and the system itself is very intuitive.

Being able to communicate with others in our company as easily as Jive made it, makes our business flow smoothly. We no longer experience the same volume of dropped or unintelligible calls.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Jan F.

"Jive Communications and LogMeIn-A GREAT combination!"

What do you like best?

Jive works every time. Whether I'm in my office or using my Jive mobile application, I ALWAYS get my calls. I don't hear any echo on the line as I did with my previous provider. The administration portal took me very little time to get used to and it has more and better communications options than others I have seen. There is virtually nothing to dislike with Jive.

What do you dislike?

The only "dislike" I have with Jive is with the "softphone", the Windows application and web instance (Jive Web) where you cannot delete old text messages and activity. I had a rash of spam calls one day and they are still showing up and cluttering up my softphone display. Sure would be nice to have delete functionality there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You get everything with Jive with no tiered features and pricing. Additionally, since they were purchased by LogMeIn, each account user has access to an excellent video/meeting collaboration tool right from their softphone.

My previous provider did not have Call Waiting in their iPhone mobile application. That said, I missed quite a few important calls that I needed to receive at the time I was called.

Carlos B.

"Top Notch Service"

What do you like best?

Jive is an excellent company to go to for all of your telecommunication needs. The transition from CenturyLink to Jive was seamless and easy. They handled all of the work and all I had to do is wait. They offer online and over the phone training, including a comprehensive webinar, as well as customer service and tech support. The online portal for making changes, recording VM greetings, customizing call and phone behavior, as well as many other options, is easy to use and doesn't lag. The changes are instantaneous. I highly recommend

VoIP over traditional landlines and this company is THE company for your VoIP needs. They're owned by LogMeIn, so you know they're reputable and trustworthy.

What do you dislike?

100% honestly, nothing so far. I haven't had enough experience with it to find any flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research on whether or not VoIP phones are right for you and make sure you understand the product. With that said, the cost and ease of use is a great motivator to switch.

Better service, better reception, and easier to use functions and options are some of the benefits that I have reaped immediately after my service was activated.

Maria P.

"Great Phone Line Company"

What do you like best?

The team is very quick responding and helping with whatever the situation is, they always resolve it fast and whenever there is something I do not understand they walk you through the process through remote monitor. Then they send you an email with a case number, and the person helping you with the case, if anything happens, the will know where they left off and make sure they finish the work. Also, the price is great for the service we have been provided and the phone communication is never a disappointment. You can hear the person on the other line really clear.

What do you dislike?

Setting up a new Dial Plan has been a little difficult for me to use but I always call Jive and they help and teach me how to use it but somehow whenever I try to make a change, something does not come out how I planned it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If purchasing Jive for a business, I recommend purchasing the cordless phone. It has been a great tool in our company.

The problem I always need help with is setting up a new voicemail for the office whenever we will be closing for the holiday. I call Jive and let them know how I want it and they know exactly what to do.

Russell W.

"Work smarter, NOT harder......"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting everything up. Previous to our purchase of our Jive subscription and switch over to this great product, we had been using a Panasonic phone system. It was a nightmare to configure. Nothing was easy on the old system and even though that system was only 5 years old, I was giving it more and more of my time just to keep it running. When it malfunctioned (which it started doing more and more as of late), trying to find a repair person was nigh impossible and the cost to repair? Forget it! I could have funded a small country.

I kept seeing advertisements for Jive and finally gave them a call. I spoke with the BEST person, Emiliano, who guaranteed that the system would be easy to set up.

Well... he was right!!! Setting the Dial Plan was so easy, I thought I did something wrong. But, the web interface is so very intuitive and easy to understand that it was a breeze.

But the *BEST* part was the phones. We received our 10 Yealink phones and after I configured our SonicWall devices to allow VOIP traffic as per the very clear instructions from Jive, I literally plugged the Ethernet cable into the phone and plugged it's power cable in.... and within 2 minutes the phone worked!!!! That was it! I couldn't believe it. It took me hours upon hours with our old phone system to get just ONE phone working! We've had Jive now for four months and I truly LOVE it.

Let me tell you one more thing I LOVE about Jive..... out of the 10 phones we ordered, we only used 9. Last month I needed to work from home for a long stretch of time, I decided to take the 10th phone home with me and for grins, I just plugged it into the back of my router (Netgear Nighthawk X10) and plugged the power cable in.... AND IT WORKED!!!!! FLAWLESSLY!!!! I was beside myself in amazement! So, now I can work from home and have an "extension" just like I would be in our main office!!!! Talk about a GREAT company!!! I now recommend Jive to everyone! In fact, I am on my church's "replacement phone system committee" and I most assuredly will be highly recommending Jive!!!!!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. There is nothing to dislike at all. Everything works as it should. I haven't encountered one problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get it! The ease of its setup/configuration, plus it's 99% uptime, plus the fact that it works all the time/ every time is recommendation enough. Add to the fact that you won't have to worry about phones, is the "icing on the cake".

Making it easier to do work. With our old phone system, I used to have to "cross my fingers" each day to hope the system was working (it had a habit of dying at the most inopportune times).

With Jive, the phones work all the time, every time! And I realized as I read this question that the benefits I've realized is NOT having to worry about the phone system!!! That, in and of itself, is worth the price of addmission!

Elizabeth R.

"Customer Support professional and very helpful"

What do you like best?

Customer support is very knowledgable and knew exactly what my needs were and helped address them quickly. I presented other questions and had other questions and the support person was able to address it quickly without any help from 3rd tier support. Other providers usually have to refer questions to 2nd or 3rd tier team support. With Jive it's always the 1 tier support that has consistently helped me. The support team is also able to provide suggestions on optimizing the dial plan which is very helpful. We had several issues with implementation and we could not get the phones to work properly. Jive made several suggestions and even updated the dial plan for me. The support person also stayed on the line to make sure it was implemented correctly. The support staff did not disconnect until it was working.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to get through to a representative. The only issue I ever have with Jive, as well as other service providers, are the time it takes to wait for someone to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jive can really improve on hold time for assistance.

We were not able to connect devices properly. The customer support person was able to pinpoint the problem and address it. The dial plan is easily manageable which helps us with time management.

Marianna G.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use the administrative system without having to hire an IT person to do it for you. I love that I can easily change around my extensions and phone numbers, as needed, or schedule them to change by themselves without me having to go in and do it manually every time. And I love how helpful their tech support is whenever there's a problem I can't fix myself. I even downloaded the Jive app to my phone so when I'm away from my desk, it rings straight to my cell so I never miss a call. And if I need to transfer a call to someone else, I can easily do it all on my app. The app alone allows me to work from home or from anywhere. I don't know another system that does that.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Jive for 3 years now and I honestly have not encountered anything that I dislike. It is a very easy and dependable company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth it. Don't waste your time with any other

We move offices quite often because we are a freelance entertainment company and being able to move our phone number with us or have the phones transferred to the rented office space we are in is vital to our business. We are able to do all of this without having to hire an IT guy which saves us a bunch of money.

Scott F.

"Jive made easy"

What do you like best?

Jive has allowed me to connect to our CRM and log each and every call, the auto call recording feature that backs up to AWS S3, is great. We are able to keep the calls for quality assurance and if need be, we can recover the conversation to listen to. The Jive UI is easy to navigate and you don't need a degree in Jiveology to figure it out, if you run into an issue a friendly Jive Rep is just a call or chat session away.

What do you dislike?

The SMS feature within Jive is a little difficult to manage if you are using more than one or two numbers. You have to be logged into your cell phone or desktop/web app to view or send SMS, there are no MMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Low Price, Excellent Service, don't hesitate to take the plunge.

We switched to Jive for the connection to our CRM, this has allowed us to track our sales people to ensure they are making the appropriate number of calls.

David L.

"Great Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

Is great to communicate with teammates and customers. It has help us a lot when we integrate it with our systems and workflow. The API has been really helpful too. We integrated it with our Filemaker data base and it help us to automate the calls for the customers, now our team mates and generate a call automatically directly from the system and are able to communicate faster and easier with the customer and we make sure the calls are made right. It also help us to review the quality of the call with the recording feature and that way we can maintain a quality control.

What do you dislike?

I wish the API was more capable, there is some thing that we wish we could do, like reporting and automated recorder calls, to our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review the API capabilities and check if that is what you are looking for and can help you with your business workflow.

Making an easier and effective way for our team member to communicate with our customers.

Amanda F.

"Great Service with a lot of bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

Being a small company, we love having the ability to have a professional answering service that can direct calls based on caller's needs and eliminates our constant interruptions for issues that can be easily handled with automated calls. It frees up our time to get more important things handled, yet still allows customer's needs to be met.

What do you dislike?

We have not had any issues as of yet that would warrant a dislike. Anytime we had a concern or problem, the technical support team was quick to rectify the situation and even followed through to be sure it was fully resolved.

Unnecessary phone calls have been eliminated. Telemarketing calls have been eliminated and customers are being assisted more efficiently. Also, the ability to receive calls remotely via cell phones without the hassle of call forwarding and removal of call forwarding when we return to property has been a time saver.

Dallas Y.

"Great customer service and stable service."

What do you like best?

The Jive team is always straight forward and tries to come to a solution as quickly as possible. They also communicate openly about technical issues and send regular status updates on the progress. Any time we have questions they are willing to help and are very patient, even when we don't know the exact question that we need answered.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike when their service has been so good. Any calls that have dropped have been on our customers side because they usually call from cell phones, not due to Jive's service. The mobile app can sometimes have a hiccup, but it's usually a brief moment. Also I believe it goes through wifi so that could be an issue on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They're very easy to work with. I didn't know how to do the setup but they walked me through it. All of the setup was done over the phone, they told me what buttons to push on the phones. Jive helped input the data needed to make the setup and integration go smoothly.

Stable connections to ensure solid communication with our customers. The mobile app also allows our team members to work from home if needed.

David S.

"So much better..."

What do you like best?

Jive is consistent, uptime and call quality are spot on! Encrypting calls...I've done this with several other vendors and seen it take days or even weeks, but with Jive (assuming you have a compatible phone), its just a click!

The thing is, Jive approaches their entire platform with a level of simplicity that shows off how well their team thought out the product, as well as the things they didn't like about other products, because most of the things I don't like about other products aren't in Jive! For being such a young product, it is at a very mature stage, and I'm confident that it will only get better.

What do you dislike?

Non-HIPAA compliant virtual faxing. I'm hoping that changes soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! You can roll it over slowly or all at once, but you won't regret it!

We switched from MItel, and the difference is night and day. Conference calls are crystal clear, the UI is straightforward, user setup is simple, and the entire system is much more efficient for my team of engineers. It gives us our time back!

Ellwood H.

"Great phone system...Needs wider integrations"

What do you like best?

The phone system works--period. They gave me free Cisco 2 line phone and I was able to setup my routing plan with relative ease. Now my clients call and the get a professional phone pbx with call routing, hold music, ques, and voicemail.

There phone and chat support is very good and always solved my issue.

All this with a low usage line for my physical fax.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a generic integration API. They also only integrate with PAID CRM programs, not the free accounts everyone, including Zoho and Hubspot, offers. I am a single person tax office able to do a lot due to technology and it would be great to have my phone system integrate with these free limited user programs as I need to be able to take advantage of these limited user programs. It just seems they are promoting and trying to get more sales for their partners.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it...You'll like it.

Integrations have been the biggest issue for me as explained above. The greatest benefit is a great phone system for much less than the local phone company and other VOIP services.

Amy M.

"Excellent Service and Customer Care"

What do you like best?

I love that when I call Jive, regardless of the type of inquiry, I'm talking to a person right away. They make contact by email so that you can always get in touch with the same person who you were speaking with on the phone. They make set up easy and continued monitoring or administration is a breeze! They provide lots of materials and videos for you to watch so that you can make the most of the services they offer! I love Jive. Best decision I made for my small business!

What do you dislike?

I purchased a second phone in advance of when I wanted to start using it and they started billing for a second line on receipt of the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to use Jive. Best decision I made for my small business.

I can be accessible to my clients at all time - not just when I am in my office. Everything is easy to use and customer service is top notch.Jive has enabled me to make my business more mobile.

Chris J.

"Easy Setup and Management"

What do you like best?

We have just recently moved into a new building and moved all of our users into the building. It was very easy to bring the phones in, plug them in, and get our users working right away. We did have one issue with a setting on our router, but Jive's technical support was able to resolve it quickly and get us back online.

What do you dislike?

We do miss the traditional benefits of a PBX system where additional users that only do internal calling can be added on at no additional cost on the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a solution for a technical support department, regardless of the size, Jive has tools that are included, or available to add on.

With the Jive Application on our SmartPhones, we don't have to be tied to a desk or even the office to use the system.

Alba María D.

"Absolutely Great Solutions for small companies"

What do you like best?

They have a great service, for a great price and the customer service es one of the best I ever work ever. The accesability to the plataform and the interface are very frendly, easy to use and work with. I like the posibility of doing several things at the same time on the plataform becasue. Multitask is a very important part of our daily work. They are fully bilingual so that makes it easier to listen to them in my own language. Absolutely Great Solutions for small companies. In our experience we are an Outbound CallCenter and with the softphone and the jives applicaction save a lot of money, because didn´t had to buy expencive IP Phones and we get the job perfectly done.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is to much protocol to add or remove services from your PBX, especially to remove it, but they get the job done. A couple of emails will do the trick, persistence is part of our job anyway. You can reduce the process by calling their customer service phone line and request what you need to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I´m still getting use-to the new admin platform. Please don´t change it and I use to use the Jive´s comunications softphone, i was so much better than Jitsi or xlite.

Interantional comunications. I´m located in Mexico and work with some people in the USA, so instead of paying a ridiculous amount of money in international dailing We got JIVE

Justine M.

"Anywhere in the world - and you may as well be in the same office!"

What do you like best?

Jive phone have been been great for connecting colleagues in different locations. With intercom and the ability to dial via the phone, PC or app - it's easy to stay connected no matter where the "office" is.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the phones need to be restarted...however, just as any Internet-based / technology item (think your PC or laptop) - it makes sense that they should be turned off every once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it first with a couple phones to see if it fits your needs, and then complete the purchase with all the phones you need.

Jive has solved our inability to transfer calls and instantly intercom colleagues in different locations. If a client called when we had landlines, and they looked for a colleague that worked remotely - we would have to say they were unavailable and

Amanda B.

"All Inclusive and Amazing Support"

What do you like best?

Every interaction I have had with a Jive employee has been nothing short of exceptional. We loved what we saw on initial inspection of services and pricing, and were completely sold through the experience interacting with the Sales team.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to port old numbers, through no fault of Jive. This is simply a way of life when switching providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch! There is no reason for hesitation on this matter. Support and sales are there via phone and chat and couldn't be better.

Jive enables us to continue working no matter when or where - when we choose to. Not only do our phones in the office work beautifully with a sleek interface, but the Jive app allows us to answer calls when we are out of the office, or use do not disturb so we can have time away as well.

jacqueline w.

"Great performance at a great cost"

What do you like best?

Before we switched to a VOIP phone system, I reviewed 7 other providers. I was tired of the a la cart pricing scemes, because it was going to be a pain to manage. Jive makes it to where everyone can have as little or as many features as I want them to, which makes management so much easier. Making the transition was great. You get a dedicated team that makes sure to get you answers. The system itself is so easy to use, I was able to set up most of it myself, even though the team was there to help if I needed them to.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of key features that need to be added. Right now transfer doesn't have a tone, so that's really annoying to my users. Our other phone system had an option to have calls within the system auto pickup to intercom, JIVE doesn't have this. Quite honestly my boss almost had us cancel our service due to this because it puts a lot more work back on the receptionist.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Catalouge a day of phones use for receptionists, and make sure the nuances of the features are to your liking. They are young and growing but will get there now that Logmein is behind them.

All three of our offices are connected. People can use their cell phone and make it look like it's coming from in the office. I can edit our portal easily without having to pay a firm thousands of dollars to do it for me. It's a vast improvement from what we had, but a little bummed about the lack of auto pickup to intercom within the system.

Logan W.

"Easy to use VOIP service"

What do you like best?

I think what I like best about Jive is the reliability of the product. We have been with them for over a year and they have almost had no down time and their customer service is great.

What do you dislike?

We have had a few issues come up that they werent really sure of. They werent happening a lot so they kind of told me see if it happens again. It didnt but I wish they had given me a more direct answer, but I cant really expect everyone to know everything over there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a phone system that is easy to use and has good support. I would recommend Jive. I dont think about JIve that much which is a good thing because it works pretty seamlessly.

Getting all incoming calls answered and being able to text out to different contractors

Jeff L.

"Jive is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Great onboarding and very user friendly system dashboard to be able to create, change and manage all aspects of our communications.

What do you dislike?

To do call recordings, you have to connect to an Amazon AWS S3 bucket and dealing with Amazon was a painful process, so I hope they change to their own storage for call recordings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, Jive has done a great job from onboarding to ongoing support. They are always accessible and provide the right solution at the right time. Then they always follow up with knowledge-based articles or they actually send me the proper steps to walk through a process.

We had a traditional on premise phone switch and it was getting old as well as the expensive to support. We compared replacing the on premise with cloud phone systems and it was clear the amount of savings and flexibility would be to go with a cloud-based system. We evaluated a few Cloud phone providers and Jive was by far the winner based on price, feature set, and ease of use. One benefit beyond those listed above was that we are able to get local numbers for all our clients located throughout the US, so their clients could dial a local number and it is all easily routed to our reps - awesome simplicity!

Denise K.

"Very satisfied after several years of quality service"

What do you like best?

We have had a Jive hosted VoIP solution at more than 10 sites for several years. I continue to be very satisfied with the call quality as well as customer service and support.

What do you dislike?

I cant really think of anything I dislike. Of course I'd love to save some $$ but when posting our RFPs, Jive is very competitive and offers a fair price. I am hopeful that the change to LogMeIn will not reduce service and support quality but only enhance it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Jive. We are very fortunate to have Kelly as our customer service rep, and I highly recommend her, but I am sure there are others at Jive who are as professional and conscientious.

We had an old PBX that needed to be replaced. The Jive solution allows us to have a current solution but not pay outright for an on premise phone system. A standard monthly fee with no billing surprises is very nice. In the past we had to pay for service if any phone system problems or adds/moves/changes. Those fees were always an unknown. With Jive, all support is included, so no surprises.

Chris S.

"Simply and Sophisticated with Superb Support"

What do you like best?

The product is very user friendly and highly functional. But what I love most is the price and the support. It's hard to imagine all of this being possible with so little per month, and from a company with extreme credibility in this space, but that is Jive.

What do you dislike?

I would like to pay less to add more people to the plan, but I know that is unrealistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ignore the reviews you see online. This product is great and affordable and the support team is second to none. The system is highly configurable and can handle any situation you can throw at it. What I like most is the graphical user interface that lets you route calls any way you like. By simply dragging and dropping the icons, you can make the system do anything you want in real time. Just make your changes and press save - and your system updates automatically.

It runs my company when it's open and when it's closed and it keep me connected 24x7. I was able to get my company phone online in a matter of hours with little or no upfront costs or effort.

Mike M.

"A good switch!"

What do you like best?

Switching phone service is always difficult especially for non tech people like me. jive's customer service has been great in helping me make a difficult process as easy as possible. If you are going to make the switch from another provider utilize the Jive customer service without hesitation. It will make the move easier as the process isn't completely intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The process wasn't very intuitive - It would be nice if there was a complete step by step from porting to onboarding for the non tech person in a small company like ours (or a single contact that would hand hold from port to final installation). The process seemed so daunting that at times I second guessed if this was the right decision given the addition to my workload to make the transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please see my Review.

We moved from DialPad to Jive. The phone quality is sooo much better. Getting GoToMeeting integrated with the service sealed the deal for us!

Learn more about Jive Communications

Jive Communications Videos

Learning about Jive Communications?

* We monitor all Jive Communications reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.