VinSolutions Connect CRM Reviews & Product Details

VinSolutions Connect CRM Overview

What is VinSolutions Connect CRM?

Only VinSolutions can do it all. Our complete package of car dealership software solutions is built around our industry-leading CRM. That means your people and processes are always connected to today’s customers, so you can make every connection count.

VinSolutions Connect CRM Details

VinSolutions
2006
Mission, KS
@VinSolutions
Answer a few questions to help the VinSolutions Connect CRM community
Have you used VinSolutions Connect CRM before?

VinSolutions Connect CRM Reviews

Showing 77 VinSolutions Connect CRM reviews
Already have VinSolutions Connect CRM?
Internet manager
What do you like best?

I love that I can text straight from my phone as if it were my personal cell phone number. It shows proof in the CRM that I am talking with my customers. These are also used as notes to go back and look at what we talked about. The manager can even go into the system and see I have reached out to the customer. If there is a problem on who said what we can always go back to the text messages and read what happened. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the opt-in and out feature because some customers do not accept the request for text messages. Sometimes the customer will not type in just yes to opt in and we have no way but to call them to tell them to just type in the word yes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only advice I would give is to make sure you take the training videos that VIN gives because this is a very useful system to record all your hard work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers prefer to text rather than call and talk on the phone with a salesman so being able to text the customer straight through the system in very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of IT
What do you like best?

The general flow of the CRM process for this works well enough. Printing forms is pretty straightforward and the uptime of the software has been pretty good. A big key to how well this software will work for you is how much time you devote to getting the initial setups done correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way VIN Solutions handles email is pretty annoying. If you want your sales staff to have a functional email for "normal" use, then you're going to have to jump through some hoops to make that happen. The email client (very weak interpretation of an email solution) that's built into this software is a hassle to use to attach documents to, or view attachments. You'll want to maintain whatever you're currently using for an email solution in addition to what's in this software. In our case, I have our sales staff's primary domain email set to forward to a subdomain on another one of our domains which is the subdomain each of my stores in VINS are setup to use as their VINS email domains. (initial setup is messy) The added wrinkle to doing this is, VINS email is mainly setup to receive leads. So all emails that come into a salesperson's account, go into a "unmatched inbox" that everyone in the store can see. If the email is from that salespersons customer it will go to the salesperson as well. Yes, you read that correctly, anyone who has their email routing into VINS will have their email visible to everyone else in that store in VINS. It's an awful way of handling email and my suggestions to correct it have falled on deaf ears with support. R&R Contact Management's email actually functions like you would expect, at least in terms of john@dealer.com's email goes to John's email within Contact Management and no one else can see it except administrators. This email issue isn't really enough to NOT use VINS but it is something to consider in the bigger picture. Another issue you'll have if you have Reynolds as your DMS provider is the integration into R&R. VINS currently has an issue with pushing customers into the DMS correctly. We see a stream of duplicate customers coming into our DMS namefile regularly and even with name file services trying to clean them it's still a mess. We are a 9 store group with centralized accounting and while VINS is trying to build themselves up to be a large group player, they're really not quite there yet. Contact Management does a MUCH better job with Reynolds since it's their product. Also user management is a breeze with Contact Management compared to VIN Solutions. We allow our sales staff to cross sell at any of our other stores and this creates headaches in VINS when/if staff leaves. You have to go in and out of each store to redistribute their clients. (as opposed to Contact Management where you can do it all on the same screen) Once you do it 30+ times you realize how much of a pain it is in VINS. In our case, our sales managers across the group prefer VINS for the things they use it for so we have stayed with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Weigh out how important full integration vs partial/hostile integration to your DMS is to you and your company. Unless you have Dealertrack DMS, you won't have full integration with VINS, and at best you'll have close to full integration with CDK. With Reynolds it will be a hostile integration with them and it's 1 way on names, so your updates in R&R won't push back to VINS to correct issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping sales staff manage their clients and start to build deals. It also will show the customer's "value" (ie: how much they've bought with the company) and that can help give staff a better picture of who they're dealing with. Their mobile app integration with VAUTO is a very nice bonus and our stores use it extensively. Also the built in call/text tracking on their mobile app helps us retain customers when staff leaves and also gives us a paper trail for the interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Consultant
What do you like best?

Very easy to Navigate, schedule appts. It's like a daily planner but better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The amount of duplicate leads that are generated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easier to stay on top of your day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like the way it tracks calls and notes. Easy to find customer info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesnt track duplicate entries, doesnt auto dial out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To see if there is a better way to control duplicate consumer info, auto dial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It lets duplicate customer info be entered into the system without alerting most of the time. Creates duplicate tasks when already complete. It keeps contact info all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Easy to organize customers. Keeps you in check with future follow up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it is the only cram I have ever used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program to keep you reminded of customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep customers in then loop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Professional
What do you like best?

Vin solutions definitely makes it 100% easy to keep track of my customers. layout is nice and easy to use. navigation is easy because of the advance search tool. I can only give my perspective from a salesperson view and not from a manager view who would be using vin solutions a lot more detailed. I really like the feature where i'm about to pull up previous customers that bought say 3-4 years ago and im able to see a estimate on there payoff and a estimate on what there current vehicle might be worth. give me a good advantage into knowing what customers im able to call that have a great chance in being able to upgrade or trade in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new update makes completing a a task a little more easy, but it takes longer for the window to open up and load up all the customers info. And sometimes it doesn't load the customers info. I would really enjoy a was to be able to push the customers trade info straight into first look from my phone instead of scanning vin, saving and then going back inside just to push it over to first look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great CRM small few problems from just a user stand point but nothing is perfect! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've expressed the problems stated above to a person here at the dealership that handles the problems with vin solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesperson
What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can use this on my phone, an it can be a quick and easy way to access information about potential sales. You can also scan the VIN for quick entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the glitches this app and program experience quite often. Sometimes it simply won't load, doesn't work properly, or say it loaded and it didn't. It can also sometimes say it will generate an offer for me, and it shuts down the whole entire app. That has been quite frustrating. It also doesn't update the service schedule as often as it could, so it's not always updated in real time. If someone cancels an appointment, it won't update and still show as if they are here or coming in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good program! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving quite a bit, actually. At first I used it in the sales floor when people would buy cars, it was easy to put info in and have it saved on there and also get notifications to my phone. I can also use it to see the service schedule for people coming in which can help me connect them to sales with my new position, and check in with previous purchasing customers. We can take a photo of people's licenses and always see a picture of them when we pull up their info which is really helpful when finding people in service or remembering the deal we discussed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like that information can push from this DMS into CDK for processing by the Finance Manager. The Desking Feature allows one to pull the information regarding Rebates/special aprs/etc as long as the VIN and customer address are entered properly. It is also easy to pull a CarFax Report from the software for a vehicle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When the Finance Manager Books or Closes a deal, the correct information should populate back into the DMS. That way, whatever he or she caught regarding mistakes would then also be corrected in the DMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just become aware of all the functionality of the software in order to get the best use from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is just another way to be able to show customers different options regarding financing a vehicle. Desking a deal is pretty simple, and it is also easy to monitor the follow-up between sales consultants and customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
Fin. Director
What do you like best?

We love this CRM we have been using it for years and they really keep up with the up and coming trends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration can cause problems sometimes with our DMS but for the most part it is seamless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We get more people in and we are seeing how beneficial it can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CA
What do you like best?

Vin solutions is a software Ive used at 3 different dealerships. It’s an easy to maneuver CRM tool for maintaining customer info and sales info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I will say Im not crazy about the new Vin Solutions app. The older one surprisingly was more straightforward and easy to use. It’s what I still use today. The updated app doesn’t even look like what you’d see on the desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t use any other dealership CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of customers, and the notifications I get when a customer emails me or when it’s their bday is a nice feature to help me maintain contact with each person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development
What do you like best?

The ability to merge duplicate customers, assign sales reps/managers/BDC to individual customers, and modify customer profiles makes for easy organization. I also love the ability to add and edit call scripts, email templates, etc. It helps to not have to type out the same email to 400 customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I particularly dislike about this program. The only problems or difficulties I've ever run into could be easily solved by changing a customer's process or modifying how our staff enters information into VinSolutions. If I were to make one suggestion, somewhere in the customer information I'd like to see "Pronouns"" added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for managing business and customers. VinSolutions makes organization and finding the information you're looking for substantially easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of customer information is substantially easier with Vin. When working in a dealership setting, it's important to have records of communication with customer for their sake and ours. VinSolutions makes it easy to keep track of important dates, interactions, and personal information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Literally nothing. It's the worst CRM I've ever had the displeasure of using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't get my calls to dial out all the time. Right now I'm using it and I'm on my 9th attempt to dial out. What is the point of a recorded line feature if you have to manually dial out half the time. I could go on but I'm not interested in spending that much time on this. But the dialing out thing, it's a problem. And they won't acknowledge it. We provided a week's worth of data showing the problem and have heard nothing since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

See the what I dislike section Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great software!!
What do you like best?

I like that it has all of the things I need to sell in one place. Desking deals, keeping all customer records in one place,Service appointments....Ect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike much. The main this is running the reports to get feed back on how we are doing I feel its a bit complicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting internet leads and keeping all the records in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales
What do you like best?

We have had ViS for a short time now, and it gets worse every day. These people are not sales oriented.

Go to a casino for a better return on your money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is useless. They work against salespeople. Who ever laid this out has no sales background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start Over Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, It makes my job more difficult and is very time consuming. It might be fine for someone who avoids work and want to look busy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Coordinator
Internet
What do you like best?

The tutorials available to you through VinSolutions eAcademy training are tremendously helpful to someone who has little to no experience in the platform! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The CRM tool can be a bit overwhelming if you don't know what exactly you are looking for or how to get to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The technical support team at VinSolutions is extremely helpful in learning how to navigate the platform. What initially appeared to be a bit overhwhelming to me came with ease once my Support rep spent time teaching me how to walk through the dashboard and create email campaigns via webshare. The eAcademy offered on the website also makes for an easy learning experience too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a huge help in assisting with email blasts as well as indexing the customer database for promotional items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales & Leasing Consultant
Automotive
What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to organize clients, keep detailed notes, have tasks to keep you on track, especially like that you can text customers through the CRM because most people answer a text that won’t pick up a phone call from a number they don’t know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somehow duplicates seem to end up in the system more than they should. Merging customers seems like a process that could be more automated and less hands on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Organized and lots of ways to contact clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of what has happened with each client and staying on top of communications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Ease of Use and intuitive buttons with colorful and easy-to-understand display Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While a lot of other software packages such as Credit Analysis and inventory control integrate seamlessly with VinSolutions, not all systems are utlized at dealerships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Literally, The Best CRM out there, period Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Management, Credit Pulls, Deal Structuring and Inventory Control Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

User friendly interface. Can easily follow up with clients and have them on a set up schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to see when client comes in. I wish that I could see when a client comes in for anything but sales or service. Such as parts department or body shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you understand how to navigate through this CRM, it’s a very good system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping clients followed up with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Consultant
Automotive
What do you like best?

I have used pretty much all the major automotive CRMs and if I had to move dealerships again I wouldn't work anywhere that didn't use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is Vin locking you out of adding a customer if you have overdue tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps keep me organized a d reminds me to follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily merge customers, and that they are responsive if you give feedback or have any questions regarding anything. It automatically loads every few minutes so you know you are seeing your fresh tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will say an email is bad when it comes in if it is just yahoo or aol. If it can catch duplicate leads a bit better that would be amazing, yet it is still a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are constantly updating their product. They did respond to me when I mentioned that a night mode would really benefit their recent update. They have made most of their icons blue, against a white backdrop. It is pretty distracting and isn't the easiest on the eyes. I do like that they are keeping up with the times and their website reflects that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't think we are having a problem with Vinsolutions at this time. We may have problems with out lead sources themselves, but not Vin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to print different forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you add a customer and their name is even close to another name already in the system, you have to get manager approval to actually add the new customer which can be a pain at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a decent program but my favorite is Dealer.com which I used at another company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its just an easy way to keep track of calls I need to make and Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Specialist
Automotive
What do you like best?

That it keeps track of all of your customers and even though you can set tasks manually, it has preset tasks so that you wont forget your customer, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to search for what I want instead of having shortcuts to most used and possible beneficial shortcuts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking sold customers, reviving old customers. Tracking my sales and setting my goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Vinsolutions is a really great CRM ! It's one of the most easiest to Navigate & quick. IF you ever need assistance you can call them & they respond really quick. They also take your thought's into consideration on what they can make better . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly dislike what they did to the TASK page .. Writing is too big & everything is one color.. It looks all meshed together.. It would be nice if the backdrop was black or if we could choose a color ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its great , I would recommend 100% Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can contact customers's directly via phone , email or text... Very easy to communicate & use. Our inventory is attached to VinSolutions so we can send vehicle's over as well which is very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Very user friendly interface, can do anything with a few clicks, accurate information storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes long load times, but outside of that, its pretty great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certainly give it a try! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer organization is a lot more simple, pricing and communication issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.