G2 Track

G2 Track

G2 Track helps organizations streamline and optimize internal software spend, utilization, contracts and compliance by effortlessly housing and visualizing your technology stack.

Work for G2 Track?

Learning about G2 Track?

G2 Track Reviews

Ask G2 Track a Question
Showing 55 G2 Track reviews
Marcus W.

"Great insights even for a small, growing company"

What do you like best?

We are a small-ish company of 200, but as we have grown, our demands and costs have grown. New people come on board and sign up for services without knowing what other departments or teams are already using. So already this tool has notified our finance team of overlap in spend where we can consolidate those services.

What do you dislike?

Setup takes time. Obviously this is beneficial for actual usage of the service later on, but don't plan on a plug-and-play solution. Even going forward you have to keep on top of things to make sure charges are categorized correctly and new contracts are uploaded.

Obviously the tool can only be as good as the expenses and contracts it tracks. So if people are using personal cards and reimbursing through payroll, or if they are using PayPal accounts or paying through some other means that finance doesn't immediately know about, you're not going to get the full picture. So the key here is that you need an internal champion that keeps on top of those things. Upload all the contracts and IOs you sign so that the service can give you insights.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about G2 Track
Chris D.

"A great way to bring transparency to your software and application spend"

What do you like best?

SIftery Track has a great user interface and is simple to set up. The setup process was quick and easy. The dashboard is intuitive and simple to configure. It allows us to share information with colleagues in a way that is easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an option for a less expensive pricing tier. Although the free tier has a generous amount of features, the lowest priced tier is too big a jump from free.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for the free version and you'll see the value immediately.

As a growing small business looking to improve our processes, it is easy to lose track of the applications and software we use and test. Siftery Track has been a great solution to this problem and enabled us to keep our expenses in check.

In the past is difficulty explaining the software spend to key stakeholders in the business. Siftery Track has been a great tool in bringing clarity to those conversations.

What SaaS Spend Management solution do you use?

Matt L.

"Set up in a few minutes, saved us at least $600 so far. "

What do you like best?

The Monthly Reports are easily my favorite part of the tool. We used to compile monthly SaaS spend reports in excel, and not only was it time-consuming to put together- we often would only do it once a quarter instead of monthly.

Siftery Track has clean and clear monthly reports, and it's easy to click through from the reports to see any detail.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple parts of the product that I like less:

1.) The product often doesn't recognize non-software expenses from vendors as separate from software expenses (e.g. expenses from Marketo's Marketing Nation conference have been recognized as a Marketo software purchase)

2.) It doesn't track by software spend date- which would be pretty valuable in some case

Siftery Track helps us track our SaaS expenses and prune vendors for which we may have an ongoing license but no longer use.

"Huge insight to our SaaS expenditure"

What do you like best?

The categorisation of spending. It empowers our department leads to view the spending based on the products related solely to their department - this has allowed us reduce the overhead on our accounting and finance team who no longer need to perform cost analytics and deep dives into services used by different teams. Siftery Track now handles all of this for us and our Finance/Accounting team are free to focus on more long term impact, while our department leads are not restrained by other teams resources.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with product naming - i.e. some software in the catalog has outdated naming and information. Not really a huge deal but worth being aware of.

Siftery Track has really helped us get optics on where we are spending and allowed us to identify if those products are still in use or redundant.

As a member of the IT team - Siftery Track has been fundamental in weeding out situations of shadow IT that, until now, we had no idea about. Using Siftery Track to track down these cases has been incredibly helpful in maintaining a high level of compliance and security best practice.

Sara M.

"Great tool for allocation and budgeting"

What do you like best?

Really enjoying that we can see all Company spend in one place. This really helps on the HR side for budgeting and anticipating where we need to allocate funds. I also really enjoy the features that allow us to see if our spend has gone up or down by month and by the department. I also really love when the software tells us that a contract is coming up and we need to term or resign.

What do you dislike?

Not sure there are too many things I do not like right now.

This has helped significantly in my department with spend, and company-wide. It helps us have a high-level overview of all the software and spend we are using in the business.

Arturs O.

"Was not expecting the level of sophistication this app had, ended up being pleasantly surprised"

What do you like best?

The home dashboard is certainly the best. It gives you a quick chart and list view of all the products you use which is great. I also am a fan of the bank-grade security that is advertised and the Slack integration capability.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could filter the dashboard view better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the free version. The onboarding is very quick and I think you'll be able to quickly determine whether this is a fit for you or not.

The biggest benefit has been eliminating applications that we never actually use. We check Siftery on a weekly basis during the manager call just to see where our software expenditures are at at a quick glance.

Katya S.

"Easiest way to keep track of what we're spending"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to set up, I've integrated it with Xero and had all my subscriptions pop up. It was easy to match it to the right software or create our own categories and types of subscriptions if it didn't match. I like being able to see exactly where we're spending our money each month, and how much we're spending. The dashboard is easy to read and we check in once or twice a month.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it recognizes services as a subscription, when it's not. Easy to archive and remove it though so not a hassle. It's also recognizes one-off payments as a subscription, so I tend to archive those as well when they pop in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take some time to go through all the transactions and make sure they're categorized correctly. This will help with future reviews on the dashboard and make sure that all information is accurate. I review transactions once a month with my team and continue to make edits when we've added new SaaS subscriptions or need to update the status of a subscription.

One of my company's services is to audit all SAAS subscriptions and what's being paid for vs what's actually being used each month. Before siftery, this was a hassle to figure out. I had to go through bookkeeping software, log ins, etc. Now I have my clients create an account with Siftery and we review it together. I've personally lowered expenses by 32% in the last year, and my clients have had similar results.

Baris E.

"Simple tool to track your SaaS expenses"

What do you like best?

Once you set it up and fine tune for your business specifics, it automatically updates in the background and whenever you log in, you can see your business expenses in categories, with a chance to compare to another time frame.

What do you dislike?

First set up takes a bit time, naturally, as each business has specific needs and expenses and an out of the box solution would be unrealistic. But it is still not a big task to set up, and once you do it, reward is priceless..

I've cut a lot of unnecessary expenses I've discovered through Siftery Track. And reduced some of my subscriptions to a lower plans.

Oleg C.

"Best solution to track subscirption"

What do you like best?

I can definitely say that Track is the best tool on the market in terms of frictionless integration, visibility, and tracking. We've already identified opportunities to save and have dramatically cut the cost of several products.

Previously, I've explored ALL solution available on market and did not find any that would simply work, so I just gave up. Once I found Siftery Track, I felt in love with it and shared it with our Finance team right away. Since it not just work, it beautifully work. They built a solution, that I was looking for so long.

What do you dislike?

Couldn't think about anything. I am looking for more team features, where I will be able assign different managers to different set of tools used by their teams and let them control spend.

Keeping track of our subscription spent. Identifying subscriptions we don't use anymore.

Simon H.

"Simple, Powerful Tool for Managing a Growing Organization"

What do you like best?

Siftery has a best-in-class user interface that makes visualizing and filtering spend super easy. The plug-and-analyze nature of the product is one I wish more SaaS products offered.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, I am unsure of the features beyond their paywall so it is not clear to me what features I am missing out on. Also, some of our software is billed quarterly or once-per-year so classifying expenses or splitting them up would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you trying to track expenses in a shared Excel file or Google Sheet, switch to Siftery.

Tracking costs in a fast growing startup.

Greg D.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

It is a breeze to use, just have to connect to accounting software and it basically runs itself. Gain great insights on software spend. This product makes it so easy to track all subscriptions which can easily get out of hand.

What do you dislike?

At times it picks up items that aren't software related but it is easy to take them out and it has a good tool to identify iffy items that need your attention

Software subscriptions are hard to manage when you have multiple credit cards and users. This tool is great to monitor all subscriptions and how much the spend is

Fred T.

"Very helpful for financial reporting"

What do you like best?

Before I started using Siftery Track, I had no idea how much we were spending on each software product. The increased visibility is huge in forecasting/budgeting.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was smarter about picking out things that aren't software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good to try out if you don't have an existing solution. We gave them a shot after receiving a cold e-mail and I'm glad we did. Great UI and very straightforward to use.

It's really about bringing more clarity to where our dollars are being spent and being able to identify if there are areas where we need to reduce spend.

Loan N.

"Very useful tool!"

What do you like best?

Onboarding only took a few minutes and there was almost no work required on my part for initial setup. The dashboard has some nice analytics and the drill-down capability is great. The contract management feature is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

There are quite a few non-software transactions Siftery pulls in which I need to exclude every time. I wish it was better at remembering these transactions.

Siftery Track has given our team increased visibility into our software spend allowing us to make cost-saving decisions. We have already cancelled a few software items that were buried in our corporate card expenses.

Jessica K.

"Great way to manage company-wide software spend"

What do you like best?

The ability to store software contracts and analyze spend across multiple departments. The renewal alert feature has also been super helpful in identifying which contracts we need to cancel prior to the automated renewal.

What do you dislike?

Since we don’t use SSO, we’re unable to utilize the license provision features within Siftery. It would be great to leverage the capabilities to track provisioned and available seats, even if we have to manually input the information.

Maintaining all of our software contracts and renewal information in one place has been key to identifying overlaps in services and opportunities for efficiency within the organization.

Alex R.

"A nice tool which eliminates a fair portion of manual work"

What do you like best?

The best feature for me is integration with Xero and Slack. Once a software related transaction hits any of our accounts or card, and the system considers it unusual (which is accurate most of the time) we instantly get a notification in the dedicated channel on Slack - super convenient.

What do you dislike?

There were some issues with setting everything up but it was minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have $10-20k expenses on software monthly I definitely recommend you to use Siftery.

It allows saving significantly more money on soft which is no longer in use than you pay for the tool.

Vartan N.

"Easy and convenient way to monitor and control your expenses "

What do you like best?

It saves your time on tracking your software expenses, makes it possible to detect unusual activity. It has nice automatized reporting tools, which are super convenient ( compared to manual reporting) Plus intuitive user interface makes it easy to figure out how Siftery works. We also really use integration with Slack feature.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues like when it shows double transactions instead of one.

Siftery helps to keep track on software expenses, reduces manual work with spreadsheets. It shows which expenses can or need to be cut. Plus it helps to analyze and compare

Thornton S.

"Great way to monitor and track software expenses!"

What do you like best?

I can see my expenses broken down by software, month-over-month, all in one place

What do you dislike?

Some historical data does not appear in the charts

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use many softwares across multiple departments (engineering, marketing, customer success, sales, etc.) than this product is well worth a try.

Software costs add up, so I ask my team every quarter to review our software licenses to ensure that we are using the seats we have purchased and to cut software that is no longer necessary. Siftery Track is a great solution for me to proactively monitor this moving forward.

Julia Stephanie A.

"Great tracker for software and expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the weekly reporting, having access to see where all my spending is, and the very easy user interface.

What do you dislike?

Some times it does not register that a transaction is not a software, but a vendor. Can get difficult if you connect to Abacus and have to upload every month or it won't be updated.

We are solving the issue of low visibility to our software expenditure. Now that it Siftery gives us this information in an easy to digest way, we have been able to cut unnecessary spending on software and save money.

Jason N.

"Easy to use and great visibility"

What do you like best?

Siftery Track was super easy to get up and running and within a few minutes it was easy to get a holistic view of our spend, as well as drill down for more in-depth information.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to not like at this point. The product is still developing and we keep seeing more and more features and capabilities added all the time.

Siftery has allowed us to better manage our monthly spend and adjust our burn rate when necessary. It really helps us find where we're spending money when we don't need to.

Noah P.

"Simple but Informative"

What do you like best?

Siftery Track is really simple yet still gives you all the information you could need!

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that aren't quite done. For example, you can't manually change the type of subscription (e.g. monthly to yearly).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend looking into Siftery Track. It is a simple and informative tool to use.

We are now able to track our expenses easily. Siftery Track also allows us to see a forecast of expenses which is an amazing tool. It gives us the insights we need to run our business well.

Ethan A.

"(VERY) Quick insight in to software solution spend"

What do you like best?

The speed at which we were able to get this linked up to our system and automatically classify and group spend for just our IT purchases was amazing. Immediately helped us answer some outstanding questions we had on which systems we could work on right-sizing.

What do you dislike?

The ability to search for random additional charges that might be software purchases was a little cumbersome at first.

Just broad availability of clean data in to IT spend and transparency are things we've worked towards, and Siftery makes that incredibly easy to come by.

Will C.

"For software hoarders like me this is the best"

What do you like best?

It automatically tracks all of our software expenses and puts them into one single place for us to track. The slack notification for when costs go up or a new cost comes in helps our finance team know exactly where the money is going.

What do you dislike?

Does exactly what it is suppose to do! I wish Xero had this built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it.

We are able to accurately know where our software costs are going and how we can potentially reduce them. It also quickly notifies the team of new purchases.

Philip M.

"Extremely useful tool"

What do you like best?

It's a great way to keep track of a spending within a company, and also make sure no unnecessary subscriptions are still ongoing. Let's be honest, nobody likes going through bank feeds trying to find those!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd want slightly better would be slightly better multi-currency support.

With tools like Baremetrics and ChartMogul, you can easily keep track of revenue and MRR. This solves the problem of keeping track of the monthly expenses, and easily be able to work out what's left after MRR and running expenses!

Jessica P.

"Extremely Helpful! "

What do you like best?

I love knowing I can log into my account each month and find the information I'm looking for in one place. I don't have to track down each account owner to see what we are spending each month.

What do you dislike?

I was an early adopter of the technology and some of the now paid features were free to use. Nothing to dislike about the product.

Tracking what software we are and are not using. We save so much money each month by having a pulse on our spend.

Kurt M.

"Very useful tool for tracking software spend"

What do you like best?

The visual representation of spend on different software products as well as the monthly tracking and alerts of changes in spend.

What do you dislike?

There are some manual adjustments required at first to classify some spend items, however the system for categorising them seems to be improving.

It allows us as a company to have a clearer picture of how much we are spending and to identify potential cost savings. We have been able to cancel underutilised subscriptions and deploy that capital on new solutions.

Learn more about G2 Track

G2 Track Downloads

Learning about G2 Track?

* We monitor all G2 Track reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.