Extensis Portfolio

Extensis Portfolio

Extensis' digital asset management software solves the problem of managing large collections of files by making file collections searchable and usable. DAM provides tools for finding, organizing, and converting large collections of rich media files.

Work for Extensis Portfolio?

Learning about Extensis?

Extensis Portfolio Reviews

Ask Extensis a Question
Showing 112 Extensis reviews
Nico B.

"Communication and Marketing, Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

Ease of file uploads (including large video files), bulk metadata management and searchability have made Extensis Portfolio a must have in our workplace. The ability to easily create catalogues with specific user access to each unit in our department provides more than enough control of assets. Simple server-side upgrades, backups and data restore options make administration effortless.

The added advantage of dropping in new ‘watch folders’, from your legacy network share options and old archives, makes for a much time reduced migration into Portfolio. Because of this I moved years’ worth of assets into Portfolio in a few weeks.

What do you dislike?

Upgrading clients on different machines requires a download from Extensis Portfolio. An automated built-in client updater would save time and help keep everyone on the latest version.

To save time it would be nice to easily share a path to a folder. i.e. If a user sends me a path for a group of assets there is no quick way to enter the path to get to the same folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start small and add features and assets as required.

All of our assets are in a single place. All the advantages that come with a single storage area are realised. All assets are all indexed and searchable. Smart Keywords add a nice layer of additional keyword metadata. As a single system its easy to keep a backup cycle of all the assets. Using Portfolio itself is a great tool to sort out assets that have been moved from legacy storage. Its easy to traverse through files. Scripts can be run to find duplicate file names. While I was sorting assets and came across images that I knew I would want to use in the near future, I created Galleries that referenced these images. Old assets that were on external sources have now been added to Portfolio and the risk of loosing all the content has been removed.

The stress of a shared network folder can make life difficult. For us there were no different levels of access. Users could cut and move or delete assets as they wished. Once in the shared network folder finding anything took a very long time. Having Extensis Portfolio has meant users have the required access they need. It has reduced the time considerably to find assets. A job that would often take hours searching for a specific group of assets can be done in minutes.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Extensis Portfolio
Kelvin K.

"Extensis Portfolio is the best Digital Asset Management software."

What do you like best?

I like Extensis Portfolio since it is easy to use and navigate and have a very simple, intuitive and very friendly user interface.

Another great thing about it is that it is easy to access the assets thus making it fast for one to find the files you are looking for and work effectively on them.

It is easy for one to syn all your files and content between multiple devices making it possible for one to access your files at anywhere as long as your device has an internet connection. It also makes it simpke and easy for one to your files of any format be it videos, audios and images.

What do you dislike?

For the time i have been usi g it, i have came across nothing to dislike about it. It has always worked best to me proving itself to be a reliable and convinient software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend Extensis Portfolio to any organisation that is looking toward a better software tgat will help them best meet their DAM needs. It is easy to use and got all the features that any organisation needs for digital assets management solutions.

Extensis Portfolio has given my organisation a better abd efficient way of managing digital solutions allowing and facilitating easy access of digital assets. It has also being very effective in files and content sharing.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Calvin K.

"Digital assets Management at breeze with Extensis Portfolio"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is the ability to provides us with a centralized place to store all our digital assets with ease.Likewise,I like the simplicity in use and simplicity in features and functionalities of this software thus ease to navigate and configure without much-needed training or knowledge.Additionally,its easy to organize and locate files and documents using this software.Furthermore,this software has a free trial version which is very essential during the implementation and setup process.Moreover,files sharing among teams and colleagues can be fast and easy.Finally,the customers support team is of high class as they provide a 24/7/365 support thus very responsive and helpful to any queries we make.

What do you dislike?

This software has robust features and functionalities that requires excellent internet connectivity to run smoothly and effectively although its not a very serious issues as our organization has installed WiFi which runs 24/7/365.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this digital asset management software without hesitation as I have found its benefits and usability cannot go unrecognised or unforeseen.

This software automates workflows faster to yield high productivity.

Facilitates Digital Assets Management.

John M.

"The most suitable DAM software that any organization needs to deploy."

What do you like best?

I like the how it's easy to use and navigate this software because it has a simple and intuitive user's friendly interface.

It's easy to manage files of different formats which includes videos,images or even audio while using this software.

It's easy to access assets thus fast to find the files we looking for and work for them effectively.

It's easy to sync files and contents seamlessly across multiple devices which are internet enabled while using Extensis Portfolio.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any negative flaws with this software so far as everything works perfectly and best for us thus prooving to be a very reliable and convinient software within our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes,its a software worth having and giving trial thus they should implement it and weigh if it will suit and meet all their needs and objectives.

Allows facilitation of efficient management of digital solutions.

It's a great software for files and content sharing.

Facilitates quick search of digital assets.

Gianna C.

"Extensis Portfolio, powerful search engine for digital files."

What do you like best?

What i like most about this software its that it supports different file formats. The product has the most reliable tools like converting, organizing among others. It has ability of saving different files with a different file formats all collected on large files and very searchable manner. Its also a perfect tool for management of wide range of files collections. Very quick accessing of any required file, and also very easy to upload different files. The product now has the following tools, Drag and Drop function which helps the user to work between Portfolio and his/her folder or may any other supported product like Photoshop, etc. It also now has Font recognition, Workflow management, New web and desktop clients among others. It allows the user to quick download files in pdf format, and the customer support team is very organized.

What do you dislike?

Using the product it also very enjoyable and am yet to come across any problem on its usage, only that to use the product it requires font administration knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is the best for handling of different types of file management especially when it comes to various designing industries and also in all industries which deals with digital assets files.

It makes it very easy to search any file i need, like images and others. Storing of different files and file management. File organizing and converting.

Debbie C.

"Extensis Portfolio, Amazing product for its file organizing."

What do you like best?

The tool is known for its ability of creating a unique origin for all files like images, audio, videos and other documents in a style that the user will easily access the files required and also sharing the files. The product performance allows the user to be able to share digital assets with customers, partners and even with others within the organization. This tool enables different files with different file formats gets to the right place, at the right time. It has the new ability of whereby portfolio can be configured to support any requirement on different fields like in marketing, designing among others. The user can also use the compression technology for easy management and sharing of large images file. The product can convert files, asset sharing, workflow management etc.

What do you dislike?

To get used to the product may require understanding on font management.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very useful and reliable software with a very high ability in digital assets files management in different designing industries around the world.

Easy to locate different files, management of digital assets and even organizing of our files.

Kamilla E.

"Extensis Portfolio for organization of resources."

What do you like best?

I like it because I can import documents easily and it helps me even more in incorporating image, audio and video files of all formats. The management feature allows me to organize the site content into catalogs, folders, and galleries. I used it the first time when I went to my Aloo Telecom customer and I really liked the product

What do you dislike?

On some low-resource computers, I noticed some crashes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All companies need to organize and manage their resources, in which it is possible to create, share, find and protect digital assets. Besides being a tool for this type of service, it is very easy to use and has excellent support.

The administrative feature of the software has helped me greatly, in that it allows users to restrict catalog access to people with different roles and departments. Besides, it's a very easy tool to use and my entire analyst team can handle it easily.

Diego R.

"Best asset management tool"

What do you like best?

I like the way I can compress my photos and video without losing quality and also organize and manage all my resources in a practical way. Unlike other programs that are very complex, in Extensis Portfolio I can improve my management quickly and easily

What do you dislike?

I had some issues when used in conjunction with Adobe

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it as a tool that helps organize the resources. Through the various options provided and cited here, it is possible to maintain an organization even though it has a high number of assets.

Since I have a lot of images, using the keyword helps me a lot, in which I can organize all the images I need and also delete the keywords that I no longer need without losing my organization. Another thing that helped me a lot was to make a series of changes to several images at once, such as rotating several selected images, selecting multiple photos on a single page, among other options

Marcos S.

"An excelentye organizer of folders and files"

What do you like best?

With the help of the Extensis Portfolio we are able to organize and manage the files and reports of our field technical teams. Today, every field technician can upload his works in his own folder and the Portfolio is in charge of organizing the files.

Extensis Portfolio supports a wide range of file types. Documents, videos, photos, files with too large size can be stored in the tool.

Organization fields are fully customizable and automatic. This allows us to define default fields in all features, as well as allow custom variations in categories, keywords, and so on. Absolutely fundamental to our workflow.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the Extensis Porfolio should work better on handling video files. Although powerful software, the supported video file formats are still limited in the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Acquiring the Extensis Portfolio is a very worthwhile investment. A software with very professional features that optimizes the organization of files of different formats and sizes.

One of the great improvements that the Extensis Portfolio brought us was the possibility of being able to better organize the files folders of each field technician. This streamlines our reporting analysis processes sent by technicians, where they can include written reports along with photos and videos of our stations.

Clare T.

"Extensis Portfolio has been a valuable resource for our corporate archive."

What do you like best?

While the catalog of our repository is updated with library automation software, Portfolio provides a visual representation of our collection that is easily searchable and that can be shared with other departments in our building. I particularly appreciate having the capacity to make batch edits and develop PDF's with selected images. Being able to upload photos in a variety of formats (ex. tif, jpg) to the same space without having to convert the images to the same format increases our work efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I wish that uploading an image involved filling out a form with description and keywords during the asset add rather than doing these things after tracking the image down.

Extensis Portfolio makes it so much easier for the archive to share images/information with other departments in the building. With EP it is possible for my coworkers to interact with the archive while I am away and without submitting a specific request to me.

Tom O.

"Portfolio as user and admin"

What do you like best?

There are many things I like about Portfolio. When evaluating different DAM solutions we found that Portfolio had the features important to us while fitting our budget. DAM systems can be extremely expensive and prohibitive for small businesses.

Having the ability to maintain our basic folder structure with the 'watched folder' setup was important to us since we had our own system of organization. But other features were even more important—like the ability to map metadata to custom fields and include enclosing folder/file names as keywords, for example.

As a user, I find the QuickFind field with predictive search as well as the more detailed search capabilities quite powerful. For our assets and file naming convention, using QuickFind usually is enough to bring up the selection I need for most searches. But, digging deeper and refining a search is easy and intuitive.

Another feature I find very useful when collecting images for a project is to flag of the images I want to select for download. This collects them in the "Flagged Assets" gallery so you can download them in one zipped file instead of downloading each file individually.

Smart galleries are also very handy since you can add photos from your catalog to a smart gallery by simply adding a keyword or phrase, for example, depending on the field used in the saved query.

And, thinking long-term asset management strategy, scalability is important to consider. Portfolio can grow with your business through add-on module licensing. We recently added the Smart Keyword module which has improved our search efficiency and, for the nerd in me, is actually fun to use.

What do you dislike?

There's one minor user interface issue I've noticed in both the Portfolio 2017 browser and desktop app interface. The default size of the Filtered Fields (right-hand) column is quite narrow. It is about the width of the image thumbnails. I would prefer to have the ability to set my own default column width. Currently, you can drag to expand that column which is good but is not retained at relaunch. That ability may be there and I'm just not aware of it. I have not contacted tech support since it's just a minor annoyance. But, I've always found the Extensis support team to be very helpful and responsive to feature requests

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone has their own requirements for asset management software but, for us, Portfolio as been a good solution allowing for efficient ingesting, keywording, searching, and retrieval of assets.

Having the ability to organize, identify, and share our collection of assets with our staff has enabled us to retrieve images more efficiently. This has improved our productivity and streamlined our workflow for our various marketing projects.

Robin P.

"Best solution for our company, in a crowded field of DAM software options"

What do you like best?

Portfolio's search tools are great. The automated tagging tool we added on has made the search tools even more useful by applying useful tags based on photo content without anyone on our team having to spend time manually tagging the images.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier/more affordable to access the Portfolio application and server via the cloud, and work remotely using the application and photos catalogued in it. Even when our VPN is working well for other purposes, it's very slow to use Portfolio over the VPN. Also, I wish we could dynamically resize image previews within the application interface. Lastly, occasionally when a search returns a large number of results, after I scroll through the first few dozen results, the result of the result set's preview images fail to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The team at Extensis is great to work with. That said, as with any software implementation, make sure you clearly identify your goals and needs so you can compare the fit Portfolio vs. the fit with other DAM products to see which meets your maximum number of goals for a manageable price. I'm not sure whether Portfolio can be used for audio or video files, and while I think there may be a cloud server version different from what we use, it's a whole different feature set and price package, so make sure you know what you're buying.

Our company gathers thousands of images annually, and we need an efficient way to index the images so we can retrieve them to use for marketing purposes at appropriate times. Portfolio cuts the time it takes to find the right image to a fraction of what it would be without the software.

Marcos P.

" Excellent file management/organizing tool"

What do you like best?

In the brief experience I had with Extensis Portfolio, I really enjoyed the tool's performance. You can organize and catalog your files by class/type. It supports sharing of images, videos and other files very well. It is also possible to integrate it with external media, which is an additional attraction.

What do you dislike?

There is the possibility of customizing the features in the software, however this is not a simple task and could be improved. Managing video files is also a point to be improved. It would be legal to play videos in various formats, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is software that greatly elevates the level of your file management, giving a corporate and organized design to your file storage. It is software in which the investment is really valid.

With the Extensis Portfolio it was possible to better manage our shared files, making the environment more professional and consistent with the reality of our company. We achieve greater agility due to the level of organization of files that the tool offers.

Hellen M.

"DAM at top notch with Extensis Portfolio "

What do you like best?

I love and appreciate the way Extensis Portfolio allows me to upload images in a wide range of formats such as jpg and tif.

Extensis Portfolio increase task and project efficiency since I hardly convert files and images to a specific format.

I also like the way Extensis Portfolio has more predictive search capabilities in one place. Thus, with QuickFind it is easy to locate the I require.

Extensis Portfolio ia highly scalable where it grows as organization grow

What do you dislike?

I only dislike how preview photos misbehave and fail to run when a search comes out with a lot of results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes and try smart keywords module in order to get rid of inaccuracies while tagging

With Extensis Portfolio it is now easy to archive images in one secure platform.

Tracking and cataloging assets.

Extensis Portfolio allows me to automatically convert file sizes and types with DAM features.

Derek A.

"Reliable digital management tool"

What do you like best?

The quick find functionality assists users to find digital assets from the catalog quickly by keying in words in the search bar and tagged items will show up on the asset view panel.It has a customizable toolbar panel where you can add ,upload,delete assets and also shows function that you often use making it efficient to manage digital assets.

What do you dislike?

The features can be overwhelming for a new user but with time gets aquinted with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Extensis Portfolio assembles digital assets via catalogs and provides collaboration workflow for an effective digital management of assets.It provides business with a streamlined workflow ensuring your employees saves time in finding files they need.

We have been able to save time by converting several video types into other files simultaneously.The creation of automate workflow has streamlined the process of entry of metadata and the approval process

Michael V.

"Much faster and easier to find the digital assets we need"

What do you like best?

I'm no longer spending hours to find the relevant digital assets i need. It has also become so much faster to share and deliver files. The usability is high enough that i trust my colleagues and the many volunteers at our festival to use the system with only very limited training.

What do you dislike?

My experience with the support has not been very good. This is however under elucidation by Extensis, and I trust that it will be sorted out.

File-sharing has been made much easier. Also, we spent much less time finding the assets we need. We have a gallery platform to show off our assets, which was very needed before.

Amber W.

"The answer we'd been looking for"

What do you like best?

Very useful for staff across our varied business to search and discover relevant imagery for their needs.

What do you dislike?

How the search engine behaves. It's a strange beast sometimes, just when you think you understand it... it returns un-related imagery.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time organising your files before adding to Portfolio... ensure metadata conventions before uploading - and use them.

Storage and quick effective access to almost 100,000 club archival images.

Beneficial for our Marketing department to manage the use of imagery - ensuring copyright is covered. All staff can search the archive, then make a request to Marketing for any particular images, with information about intended use.

Kevin M.

"Digital Asset Management Solution"

What do you like best?

-Extensis Portfolio's catalog asset management feature enables me to organize website content in catalogs folders and galleries.

-Catalog gets updated as soon as an asset is added or removed from the inventory.

-The Software features catalog templates which can be used by technical teams to design catalogs based on the information they need to Publish.

-Extensis Portfolio's asset finder feature helps users to search for assets stored in the control repository

What do you dislike?

I Can't say i have found any serious cons with this solution yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Software offers both Web-based and on-premise deployments

The Software assists executives to share asset, collaborate, upload files, and manage catalog.

Extensis Portfolio allows users to easily import documents and further assists in embedding images, audio and video files of all formats and Publish that information on the product website

Anna A.

"Wonderful Experience"

What do you like best?

What we liked best about the whole experience with Extensis, is the amazing support we have gotten through the whole process of getting everything set up. The documentation of the software is well written and easy to understand. Our main contact person Jeff has been phenomenal with answering any questions we have had.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't as easy to set up the catalog files, and get everything ported over. Though that could be just how we went about using the system. Since we always find a different way to use a software than most.

The business problem's we will be solving is the amount of time it takes to search for a single file in our old system. We can not search for images by file name, or add keywords to get those images to pop up. The other struggle we had were the issues with cross platform's Windows and Mac's have a different naming convention. Some files would end up looking very odd between the two. The benefits that we are realizing is the software is easy to use, we can control and manage user's and all around it will be easier to search for the files.

Albert (Al) Q.

"Great way to organize and share corporate digital assets"

What do you like best?

I like that our entire team can upload and share documents easily and efficiently. Portfolio creates an easy way to view assets along with their characteristics, set up virtual stores and cater them to customers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that anyone can delete items or move folders accidentally.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company utilizes digital assets and you have a need to track, update or eliminate them so everyone is using the same thing, Extensis Portfolio is for you.

We have one centralized location for all corporate digital assets. It eliminates the need for multiple folders on different computers. Tracking who uploads and downloads images is a great feature, too.

Cecily W.

"Good for managing photos"

What do you like best?

We had 62,000-some digital assets when we installed Portfolio in 2013 - mostly photos. I'd been wrangling photos from multiple sources, and our users had been renaming files so they could record the details of an image. Extensis Portfolio made it easy to assign keywords, captions, and other details. I like being able to quickly create a gallery of images and generate a PDF. I also love the ability to batch rename files - or resize. We recently added the NetPublish feature to add the ability to share galleries with others within our network who don't have access to Portfolio.

What do you dislike?

We now have multiple catalogs (one for marketing photos, one for events, one for archive, one for confidential) and our users want to be able to search across the catalogs. Our users also seem to have problems with search requiring quotes around a name. (Otherwise, a search for John [space] Smith returns all photos tagged with John and all photos tagged with Smith.) I wish that if I chose to move a folder from one catalog to another, it would move the folder itself and not just the assets inside. The zoom is not as clear as the one on Adobe Bridge, so it can be hard to read peoples' name tags, for example, which would be handy for tagging. I have a bad habit of logging in and doing a search, and then closing the browser window and needing to start over, but I don't know how Extensis could fix that. I liked the product better when it had a desktop version - it was easier to link images in InDesign. The web-only option can be frustrating. Lastly, although this is great for photos, I expect there are better products for managing video.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This may not be the most sophisticated product out there. If you're looking for something to manage video, this is probably not the right solution.

We work with photos from across an entire academic health center. Extensis Portfolio helps us find, organize and tag files and is especially helpful when we need to remove a photo from our collection. It's helpful for tagging subjects so we know whether they are a patient, a model, a volunteer, etc. We purchased it to help manage patient photos and releases to make sure we weren't violating HIPAA law.

Minch, Robert M.

"Portfolio in the Enterprise"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the way Portfolio makes it easy to catalog items, create web galleries, and manage metadata.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is performance issues that you see when your catalogs get really big (1 million + assets).

Make sure you ask the right questions to the right people at Extensis when you are planning your system. The posted requirements would work fine for a small deployment, but across an enterprise, you will need a consultation to assure you will have a setup to handle your needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework concerning your actual planned usage. Portfolio will requires more resources than you may think, based upon the information easily available. More than a million assets and hundreds of Netpublish sites require serious dedicated hardware. And don't forget storage.

Portfolio allows for our photographers to quickly catalog their images and provide the customer with their finished images quickly, through a Netpublish site. It allows our archivist to add important metadata to images and publish a library of images for use across the enterprise. It allows various groups to provide access to event photos. The best part of this is it eliminates the duplication of images by keeping all of the images centrally located while allowing the images to be used in multiple ways.

Juliet M.

"Extensis Portfolio is the Real Guru to matters of Digital Assets Management."

What do you like best?

This software has proven to be the best in organizing,restoring and retrieving rich media like videos,audios and photos thus very reliable and convinient solution.

Has a drag and drop functionality which makes every work looks simple.

With this software it becomes easy ti manage digital rights and permissions.

It's easy to import files from different sources and provide a back-up for them to be used for future reference.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any negative vibe so far with this software as it's very reliable and pivotal for our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend the use of this software 100% as it the best for DAM.

It's cost effective thus very affordability.

Provides high security of files and data's.

Better management of workflows.

Great with Digital Assets Management.

Veronica M.

"Extensis Portfolio, best for supporting of different file formats of digital assets."

What do you like best?

-Easy uploading of photos and videos in a very wide range of different file formats, eg JPEG etc.

-Perfect software for management of large collections of different files through availing the file searching ability for easy file access.

-They provide some functions like, Organizing, Converting, Finding large collections of file like Images, Audio and even Videos.

-High ability on pdf downloading and also excellent features for reporting. The customer support team is doing a great job when it come to their clients problems attendance.

What do you dislike?

No main problem when using the product, a part from major issues which are found in most software's.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Extensis Portfolio is the best solution for management of multiple different files.

Easy finding any required files, file management, file storage, etc.

Erica M.

"A trustable software to organize your digital assets"

What do you like best?

Extensis Portifolio has helped us on organizing our digital media and stop loosing time searching for then in our repositories. Now we can search for then using keywords, sort by folders and share media with ease. Some functionalities that i liked is drag n drop management, file conversion, having more than 1 catalog and their search capabilities, wich are very good.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found something to dislike about. Didn't had any problem when i was using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to learn about the software, you'll need some practice to set up everything, but once you managed to create your folder structure, it's done.

I'm solving problems like media organization and management, quick access on different types of media, and general media search.

Diego R.

"Extensis Portfolio powerful management"

What do you like best?

When I was using it, I did an integration with Adobe CC and it worked perfectly, increasing my confidence in the tool.

At the user's ability to use and manage their activities.

Compression of files that works with high quality.

What do you dislike?

The brand should invest more in marketing, being a powerful tool, would make it better known and more used by users. In my country, it is not a well-known tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations are focused on storage (photos, videos and other files) and in the integration part, which works very well.

Everything related to file compaction and storage, had a great improvement when we started to use the Extensis Portfolio.

The ease-of-use, as it allows users to drag and drop files between applications and folders

Linda P.

"Great for backup"

What do you like best?

Fast image search and collection. Image download and change. Image gallery sharing via NetPublish. Allows more than 1 catalog. Extensis It is very helpful in answering questions.

What do you dislike?

There is certainly generally not much to be able to dislike - this ABOUTIE does everything you want at a very very good price. Not the most affordable but don't ever typically the most expensive and regarding all of us the biggest benefit for your money.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I seriously liked the product when I began. It still meets 80% of our needs but is apparently losing some of its luster. Maybe we are not the group it is being built for. Also the upgrades are pretty powerful time wise. Challenging to keep up with in a municipal corporation.

The item worked real well for everyone (a small internal innovative group). It kept a record of our assets was easy to use from an conclusion customer perspective. It saved the great deal of period of time in finding assets each on disk and DVD AND BLU-RAY. Making utilization of the APIs we were capable to existing property with a key phrases and condition check package prior to the asset was accessible.

Andrey O.

"Great product for a Design School environment"

What do you like best?

Ease of use / not cumbersome to use

Great search capabilities

Smart galleries based on search results

NetPublish

What do you dislike?

Dependence on Flash (a huge drawback)

No support for multi-page PDF documents

Pretty costly

iPhone app was last updated in 2015

No iPad support

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While you may be considering other products before purchase, we suggest giving Extensis a closer look as most likely it will meet most of your DAM needs.

We are a design school and due to the volume of digital content we are dealing with on a daily basis it is essential to have a reliable tool to manage all this data. We use Extensis internally in the Administration to archive, share assets and make them available for Programmes Office, PR, Marketing and Information Resources and soon plan to integrate Extensis in our curriculum as we appreciate the need for our students to be better prepared for their future workplace where effective digital asset management and teamwork is key.

Debbie M.

"Extensis Portfolio, Perfect for large collections of files."

What do you like best?

-This product is the best in management of large collections of files of the different formats. Provides the powerful tools for converting, finding, organizing of a big number of media files collected together.

-Easy to find or search some different files.

-It allows downloading of PDF files.

-Perfect reporting features.

-The product supports various file formats digital asset. Eg, audio files, videos and even images

-Very active and supporting technical customer support team.

What do you dislike?

So far the product is perfectly doing its amazing work, and i can't underline any problem with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Extensis Portfolio is the perfect product for easy management of different files.

Quick access of different files, management of different files, uploading of images, file organizing, etc.

Michael Y.

"Wish we had this sooner"

What do you like best?

I believe the strongest feature for us has been the way it handles keywords, especially the way folder names are automatically added to the files as keywords. On the fly, we can create a quick folder/subfolder structure, dump the files into that folder, and now all of those files are now tagged those folder names.

What do you dislike?

Please stop using Flash in the web client.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As useful as this tool is, it is still a tool that requires consistent maintenance through a basic understanding of it's core features. It won't magically clean up all of your files at the touch of a button. It's like buying a top of the line camera, without any prior knowledge of photography, and expecting it to produce superior photos on its own. So, before committing to Portfolio, sit down with your team first and go over what everyone thinks about file organization. It's important that everyone is on the same page. Does everyone know what keywords/metadata are? Has anyone worked with music playlists or photo album programs before (it's the same concept)? How do they name their files (Final-Final-v2-for_review.pdf)? The power of Portfolio relies on every single user, and how they can properly tag files, place in correct folders, name files logically, etc. That's all it really takes. Once you have that established, then you're golden.

Previously, our product photography had been organized by folders, and finding images meant scrolling through directories manually. The NetPublish feature alleviated all of that, as we now have the entire library accessible through a simple search engine. Not only did this cut down the time searching for images for ourselves, it has also eliminated all additional requests for us to deliver product images to other departments.

Mandy G.

"Easy to use DAM"

What do you like best?

Portfolio is easy to use, and intuitive. The ability to drag and drop images from the database is great, it reduces the number of duplicate files we have on the network. The mobile app allows merchants to take images while they are in the field and load them for others to see.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Portfolio is a server based system, I would prefer cloud based. This would allow the other offices around the county and around the world to easily use Portfolio Express.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Decide if a server based or a cloud based DAM is better for you.

Visibility of our assets for all brands. Images and Videos were shot by a certain brand, and others did not have easy access to the files unless they knew the shot was taking place or if you asked the photographer. Our websites and emails are now able to utilize the images, overall improving the look of our brands.

Moses N.

"Scalable digital asset management solution"

What do you like best?

Extensis Portfolio enables us to store all our digital assets in a centralized place which saves time that could be wasted searching in different places. It also has a powerful search caabilities that ease finding of digital assets stored. Adding keywords and metadata to digital assets also make it easy to categorize assets.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any challenges so far while using Extensis Portfolio to manage digital assets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Extensis Portfolio is a reliable and scalable digital asset management solution. It provides a centralized place to store all your digital assets.

I use Extensis Portfolio to manage digital assets such as videos, audios and graphics. It make it easy to locate any file.

Jason S.

"Extensis Portfolio"

What do you like best?

Fast image search and retrieval.

Image download and conversion.

Image gallery sharing via NetPublish.

Allows more than 1 catalog.

Extensis IT is very helpful in answering questions.

Onsite implementation IT are very proficient.

What do you dislike?

2016 version does not preserve transparency when converting format.

2016 runs in flash.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to organize your assets and streamline the amount of unnecessary assets you have. The cleaner your assets are going in, the less cleanup you have to do later as well as the less assets packs you will need to purchase in order to fully process and display all assets.

Image search-internal and external.

push images to other areas of the enterprise.

publish galleries for business partners.

Business partners can change format and size for their needs.

"Excellent cloud solution."

What do you like best?

Extensis Portfolio to store the media assets of an organization, ie marketing files and disclosures made by our team. Extensis allows us to catalog, tag, store and redistribute assets internally and externally through a very intuitive Web interface. It is able to safely archive decades of content is critical to the institutional memory of the organization. Extensis does a great job by enabling us to skillfully manage our media assets

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to report on the services offered, it is a very robust and reliable solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So far we have great impressions about the solution, with opinions from several people who use it in the company.

I recommend everyone for being intuitive, reliable and helped us in reducing costs and time.

We brought the company time-saving with automation, freeing employees time to worry about other activities.

Guaranteed to store and retrieve files in a cataloged way, and with a short time and effortless.

At the point of view of IT management, it has become simple.

Support forncedio is simply sensational.

Matt S.

"Almost an Enterprise DAM at SMB prices. "

What do you like best?

Our Photo Studio has been using Extensis Portfolio Server for almost 10 years now. We have watched it grow into a formidable value for those who cannot afford a six figure (or more) solution. We could not be happier with the product support we have received from Extensis and it has scaled with us as our number of assets has grown from hundreds of thousands into the millions.

What do you dislike?

When they eliminated the desktop client I missed some of the user interface features as an Administrator, but the benefits of the web client for the users far outweighed those concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a department of a large company or a SMB, there are not very many choices for an affordable DAM solution. This is one of them, and it is a great product with great support at a reasonable cost of entry and a reasonable cost of product support.

Before we had a DAM it would take days to find assets, now it takes minutes or even seconds. The efficiency boost in turning around photo requests cannot be understated.

Robbie R.

"Best Darn Dam System!"

What do you like best?

Extensis Portfolio is user friendly, with an easy and efficient way to catalog and share content. In the past, we explored many other ways to help store and distribute content, but Portfolio is the best solution for our mission. The support team is helpful, when needed and we appreciate the upgrades with improved functionality. I have used Portfolio at several other work sites, and it continues to best the best overall solution for saving the past work, taking care of the needs of today and moving forward towards the future. We have been able to create and share live images with our team, expanding our social media reach. Maintaining more than one MILLION assets, we count on Extensis Portfolio!

What do you dislike?

We work together with the fine folks at Extensis on a regular basis to update and improve on a great-working process. Their team has a spirit of cooperation in helping us solve problems. Nothing to dislike about this wonderful solution to our DAM needs!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We highly recommend exploring the world of Extensis Portfolio to help meet any asset management needs.

We serve a wide variety of clients needing dynamic imagery without the problems associated with cataloging one-million+ images. Extensis Portfolio helps us streamline our workflow and allows a thoughtful and effective method of asset management. Overall, we have been able to train easily and empower them to seek out imagery with little to no assistance.

David S.

"Great asset management tool for small and large collections alike"

What do you like best?

I work in a small office but needed a better overall graphics asset management system than Apple photos could provide because I also need to manage documents and other things. Portfolio for that bill perfectly.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but not dissimilar to any other DAM out there. I think portfolio of one of the easiest to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You're gonna find that Portfolio is the easiest to learn and use at a very competitive price among all the DAMs out there now.

As I said, organizing and cataloging many different kinds of assets from photos and video clips to finished documents, logos and other graphics... It all makes my job earlier and easier to find files I need when a customer request them.

"Good software for asset management."

What do you like best?

Love the ease of finding images at a glance. The fact that the platform looks the same on Windows as is does on a Mac. I like the keywords and PDF download option which makes things really easy.

What do you dislike?

I think it's very difficult to figure out at first. If you are unfamiiar with font administration and management, it can be a little overwhelming to use. You must have some understanding of font management in order to fully take advantage of their features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Decide if a server based DAM is better for you.

I managing my digital assets . Extensis all me to access my digital assests in a succinct and organized manner.

Jim M.

"We have Portfolio deployed in three locations for over 4 years now. Searching for assets is easy now"

What do you like best?

When you have over 2 million assets and you want to reuse some past designs, or find an related design, Portfolio helps you do that within seconds. You can keep your assets super organized with very little effort.

What do you dislike?

The Web portal is ok, but i miss the Desktop app. Understand they are bring that back soon.

You have to engage your end users to enter metadata.

The problem was trying to locate past designs for reuse. It would take hours to find an asset that you were looking for and you had to have an idea of what area of the server to look at. When you have over 15 TB of artwork, you can spend all day looking for files your needing.

Now with Portfolio, you can search by numerous criteria and have your results in seconds. The ROI on this product was less than 6 months.

Heather M.

"Covers everything we need in digital asset management"

What do you like best?

It's ability to keyword, accept multiple filetypes (haven't found one yet that it doesn't accept), and see the metadata of images.

What do you dislike?

Kind of clunky, takes a while to load if you have a lot of images. Not intuitive to start, need a lot of experimentation and training. Wish there was a way to share specific folders with others without needing the desktop app. Also some photos do not show a thumbnail without syncing them again, an extra step that takes a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself time to learn how to use it and it will be an extremely useful tool.

We needed something to hold our 3Tb+ images and videos, and this is able to hold them and easily access them. If the images are keyworded, they're easily searchable, which becomes necessary on jobs that need to be done quickly.

UF
User in Fine Art

"Great for backup, no so great for searching"

What do you like best?

It holds all the photos and design files we need. It helps make them accessible to the whole team as we take on new projects and pick up on older projects. The interface to access the folders it straightforwards and it's not too difficult to find and open the folders you've set up.

What do you dislike?

The search functionality is very difficult and frustrating. It's really important in a large database of files to be able to find what you need. There's multiple ways to search - a generic search and a more advanced search. The generic search doesn't seem to work at all. I literally have thought I was missing files, only to discover them using the same search but in the advanced tab (even without setting any fancy settings). I also really dislike how the application will attempt to autoload a library of images as soon as you login. I often don't need access to the main library but I still need to wait for it to load before I can use the navigation to find and open my folders I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The program has all the features you need. However it struggles to use them effectively and can be clunky and difficult to use. The main issue for me is the search functionality.

It does it's basic job well - holding and storing all the photos we need on a server that can be accessed by my team.

Andrew B.

"Superior Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Extensis was implemented prior to my arrival, and the account team was very good at providing resources to me and my team to learn how our integration worked and to manage the application on our own. It is also pretty intuitive once you understand the basics and we are able to allow departments to manage their assets on their own with little assistance from IT.

What do you dislike?

A few users have complained about search parameters, but we have seen that improve in the product over the last couple of upgrades

We had the same image stored hundreds of places on our network. With tens of thousands of images, it meant we were wasting 4-5 TB's of storage. With Extensis, we have improved workflow and accessibility for our web, ecomm and marketing teams.

David H.

"I act as the administrator for our portfolio instance as well as an end-user."

What do you like best?

I like overall storage capacity as we have several hundred thousand images that need to be stored. I also like the ability for end-users to create public galleries and the presets options for downloads. There are several other new features that make overall maintenance easier, but really too many to write out here.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issues that I have are:

- Not being able to see more items in the grid view (thumbnails are too large)

- Not being able to create presets that would work for both horizontal and vertical images (ie, I would like to be able to create one preset that downsizes to a fixed height but has the images maintain the aspect ratio for the width. Currently, a hard height and width must be provided).

We have been able to make images available to more groups based on security access. Presets allow the users to resize images without the assistance of media/IT.

Steve P.

"Portfolio is a key part of our business model"

What do you like best?

Portfolio is easy to integrate with/ It's Artificial Intelligence Auto-tagging saves huge time and resource for our clients, adds consistency and ensures that users find the images they need regardless of how they search.

The Extensis staff are great, responsive adn supportive. They have a similar ethos to After Digital and are very customer focused whilst remaining attentive partners.

What do you dislike?

There is generally not much to dislike - this DAM does everything you need at a very good price. Not the cheapest but by no means the most expensive and for us the best value for your money.

We use Portfolio to offer our clients easy access to their digital assets. We use our own Connector to drive these assets into the front end CMS of the websites we build, creating beautifully designed, user-centered, mobile first sites but with the power of Portfolio to drive the content to the right page at the right time for the user to experience.

Tye main issues our clients face is the accurate cataloguing and then retrieval of their digital assets.

Matthew B.

"Good solution for managing and organizing tons of media assets."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use from both the librarian's perspective and the user's perspective. Administration is pretty easy and the GUI to do this is very nice.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when the metadata import fails the error messages aren't enough information to figure out why it failed.

Another frustration is that when we import metadata we no longer have the option to apply metadata only to items in an isolated location, it applies the imported metadata to the entire catalog by default. This can result in some unintentional metadata overwrites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you decide ahead of time on your assets folder structure, naming conventions, keywords, and metadata requirements before you put your first asset into the system.

Centralization of assets in an easily accessible location. We no longer have to pull CDs off the shelf, or sort through poorly organized folders on multiple file shares to find our assets.

AL
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Portfolio is a great way to manage large quantities of photo/video assets."

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to organize all photo and video assets into one central location and have the ability to distribute only selected items to clients. I also like the ease with which I can add/update metadata for the assets. And I love the new video playback in Portfolio 2016.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Portfolio since 2008. I became very accustomed to using the desktop client. What I loved about that (which is something that the current Porfolio doesn't offer) is that I was able to see ALL assets in a given catalog on ONE page. Now I am only able to see a maxium of 500 assets per page. Now that Portfolio is 100% net-based, it is way slower than the old desktop client. I also don't like that NetPublish does not offer the option for user to download smaller sizes (they way you can at Shutterstock.com, for example). We use large high-resolution photos for print marketing, but these huge files are not good for our sales team who insert JPEG files into Word documents. In the old version, they would copy/paste the image from the details page, which is no longer allowed. If they could download smaller files, the reporting function for which images have been downloaded would be a lot more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that you can only download ONE size (the original file) when downloading photos via NetPublish. It would be great if Portfolio NetPublish offered download of multiple file sizes (height and width) since the user have various needs ranging from low-res for the web to high-res for print.

We use Portfolio NetPublish to distribute our photo/video assets to our 54 offices around the world and to travel agents, press, and media. We would have a much harder time doing this without Portfolio. The benefit of having all our assets in one central location from which they can be easily distributed is vital to our business.

AG
Administrator in Graphic Design

"A powerful and beyond useful tool..."

What do you like best?

Easy navigation and user experience, batch processing and tagging capabilities and NetPublish is a next level. Majority of requests that I receive on a daily basis involve the sending of images and/or logos and NetPublish has made that part of my job even easier.

What do you dislike?

Besides being able to set up NetPublish sites that can expire in a specific timeframe without having to go into the main Admin pages, I really don't have any other issues with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a photo asset management system that is easy to use, learn and teach, Portfolio is your answer.

Archiving and tagging a large database of images and logos that our association owns. Creating a more functional and searchable group of assets that we can share to our stakeholders as well as for use internally. NetPublish has been a game changer in making all expectations come a reality and sharing our assets with ease.

Stephen K.

"Great product with user friendly interface."

What do you like best?

Efficient with workflow management.

User friendly interface thus easy to use.

Very secure platform thus no unauthorized access of data.

Reliable with export and import of data.

Supportbl different kinds of media files

What do you dislike?

No complaint although requires training

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes because its a great platform with asset management.

Reliable with integration with marketing Software.

Great with workflow management.

User friendly interface.

Reliable with asset management in the company.

Convenient with workflow management.

Great with risk analysis in the company.

Simple user interface thus very easy to work with

AA
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Great product, makes searching for assetts so much easier."

What do you like best?

Portfolio is a great search tool, I love the way it uses your keywords to intuitively search in the 'quick find' panel. Its also great that you can collect images and create PDFs quickly and easily. A pleasure to use.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I have are to do with inserting the description and punctuation. Portfolio seems to dislike paragraph/line breaks in the description and it takes ages to go back and add them in again - it takes two attempts - you cant just cut and paste a description which is annoying. We also had some problems with punctuation when transferring over our old catalogues but to be fair to extensis, they came in and took lots of time and effort to sort it out.

Portfolio has completely changed the way we search our databases and there is lots of scope to roll it out to other areas of the practice. I am developing new databases for the rest of the practice to use.

David P.

"Portfolio: Our on-premise DAM for the last 10 years"

What do you like best?

Portfolio is a terrific mid-price DAM system that has many features of systems that cost three or four times as much. We like the ease of creating custom metadata templates, the ability to seamlessly and easily publish to the web and the ease of management.

What do you dislike?

The admin console occasionally kicks back errors and we have seen some issues when upgrading from certain versions. Nothing major, minor annoyances, nothing more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Extensis provides excellent support and professional services to this looking to customize.

The ability to centralize assets, dramatically decrease search times and customize searches has led to an increase in productivity and a shortening of work cycles. The ability to share selected assets with clients has also been a real benefit.

Learn more about Extensis Portfolio

Extensis Portfolio Videos

Learning about Extensis Portfolio?

* We monitor all Extensis Portfolio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.