Cloudinary

Cloudinary is the image back-end for web and mobile developers. An end-to-end solution for all your image-related needs.

Work for Cloudinary?

Learning about Cloudinary?

Compare Cloudinary to Similar Solutions

Cloudinary Reviews

Ask Cloudinary a Question
Showing 12 Cloudinary reviews
Cloudinary review by User

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

It is surprising the ease of editing videos and images and cloud storage all at once, the speed of response in access and help. the tools are easy to use very complete and above all the prices are excellent.

What do you dislike?

Well so far this tool has rendered me an excellent service, I have had no problem or inconvenience, they have always provided a good service in every aspect. I have nothing negative to say about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate, it is not good to doubt, cloudinary offers you the best tool when it comes to storage, editing and delivery of images, videos and files in record time, with a large platform of professionals to assist you 24 hours a day. Do not say no, if you have not tried it. for me it is the tool of this type number 1 worldwide

In the past, the program that provided the service does not have the necessary level of response, cloudinary offers me and solved my problems of delivery and images, videos and files, with fast delivery between clients, easy access, I have saved a lot of time in image editing My clients have sent me feliciations more often and they are very happy.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Cloudinary
Cloudinary review by Nirmohi D.
Nirmohi D.

"Great Cloud based Image Management"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. We're only using the free version right now, but still are able to do a lot with our images/videos, like overlays, cropping, and so on. Integrates seamlessly with the CMS in use.

What do you dislike?

We're yet to move to the priced version, not sure how the pricing will pan out depending on traffic. Not too much to dislike for now

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, will recommend signing up for it. Works much better and faster than storing images on the server, and the UI for the platform is very intuitive and easy to use.

using it to manage all the media on our company website - images and videos. Also for editing the media like adding overlays, cropping, video edits and so on

What Video CMS solution do you use?

Cloudinary review by Sean T.
Sean T.

"Versatile tool but needs some polish"

What do you like best?

I'm very impressed with the range of options and flexbility within cloudinary for making transformations - and the speed at which dynamic images are served.

What do you dislike?

The interface and methods to create transformations is clunky, and old looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before committing for full usage trial different methods of delivering your iages as the costs can ramp up if everything you serve is dynamic & transformed all the time.

We're using it to serve dynamic product images and banners to our email list which helps personalisation and incresses engagement such as click rate.

Cloudinary review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"One of the Best Featured Pack CDNs Around"

What do you like best?

One of the best advantages you can have using cloudinary is the automated ways of serving image assets on your websites. From resizing to serving an alterntaive format of the image based on the user's browser is very innovative to increase overall speed load times.

The overall look and feel of Cloudinary is very welcoming and easy to use with a drag and drop area for images, videos and other content. You are not limited to only uploading images, you can upload javascripts and css files as Cloudinary can be your one stop shop for your website's CDN needs.

They even have the ability to upload videos and to manipulate them on demand through the use of transformation , quality and many more options.

What do you dislike?

I do believe that pricing can be a bit better to make it more affordable for SMB but overall the benefits do outweigh the cons

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would also reccomend Rackspace CDN and Amazon AWS.

Integrating Cloudinary significantly improved overall website load times, along with improving our Google Page speed score and SEO efforts. The improved load time speeds also improved our experience we delivered to our customers leading to increased pageviews per session

On a side note for those of you that are more technical savvy, the images and assets that are served to your user through Cloudinary save and CACHE those items for even faster delivery the next time the same assets are required by the web page.

Cloudinary review by Administrator

"Easy to use image management software"

What do you like best?

The integration into our backend is seamless. Cloudinary offers various image enhancement features and quality options. The quality and aspect ratios are on easy to use sliders that don't require any additional training to use.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with image quality on the front end of our site using Cloudinary. They stem from a combination of the actual code of our site and Cloudinary image quality controls. Right now we can't use the highest image quality without taking a hit on load times.

Using Cloudinary we were able in increase overall image quality on site as well as more accurately catalog uploaded images for quick searching.

Cloudinary review by User in Design
User in Design

"Probably the best image handling service"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, by far. Everything from adding overlays to facial-recognition based cropping, it's a breeze. I also really appreciate the amount of leniency they have for development environments. I've regularly gone over my developer resources by two-fold and they simply send me an email asking me to tone it down a bit. I love this service.

What do you dislike?

The pricing can be a bit much if you're a high traffic site. We found that we utilized only around 5% of our storage, but were going way over our bandwidth. I know they use AWS for hosting so it might be difficult to shift costs around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously try it out. There are a few others that do it, but with all the addons and the standard functionality that comes with it, you'll be hard pressed to find anything better.

We utilize Cloudinary heavily in our online publications, and being able to seamlessly deal with manipulations and store on a CDN without having to roll our own has been amazing. Cloudinary is a pretty robust platform, haven't seen any slowdowns or issues as of yet.

Cloudinary review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

This repository is key for all of our digital assets. The folder structures and auto transformations makes it a necessity for us.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the plans and wish they were more customizable (we need more bandwidth, for example, but less transformations).

Hosting all of our digital assets on this site in one place helps us to keep track of them and transform them at will.

Cloudinary review by Kristine A.
Kristine A.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

It is very useful an easy. I really like this system and would recommend it. It is good for an average company or small scale. Very insightful and user friendly. Great.

What do you dislike?

Could have more options. It is a little expensive and hard to pitch for that reason. Yes, but it is good even though the price is somewhat annoying.

Storage issues

Cloudinary review by Philippe H.
Philippe H.

"Easy to manipulate images through a simple URL"

What do you like best?

Like a super simple image magick through URL

What do you dislike?

The JS widgets could get updated a little more often.

I use cloudinary to let users upload an image, and then get the image back in different sizes and shapes without needing to program any of the transformations or store them on my side.

Cloudinary review by User in Internet

"Convenient Conversions on the Fly"

What do you like best?

Image/Video conversion and manipulation through params.

What do you dislike?

Simply the price. Everything else was rather easy to implement and works reliably.

Cloudinary allows us to convert (resize, change file extension, watermark, and clip) so to help people without solid tech skills get what they need.

Cloudinary review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Freedom from individually resizing images! "

What do you like best?

Our web developers have a receptacle for our image assets without coming to me! They also can quickly export other image sizes and file types

What do you dislike?

I have yet to run into any problems with this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any business with thousands of images to manage need this tool

Web development and asset organization. The benefits are innumerable, we use this every day

Cloudinary review by User

"Challenging to use "

What do you like best?

the elements of cloud software is a great ideal

What do you dislike?

Not easy to collaboratively stay organized in their system

Ok for sending files out from internal source but not keeping internal source communicating

Learning about Cloudinary?

* We monitor all Cloudinary reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Cloudinary to Similar Solutions