MediaValet Reviews & Product Details

MediaValet Overview

What is MediaValet?

MediaValet is a cloud-based DAM that helps Marketing and Creative Teams easily manage, collaborate on and distribute their digital assets and content. With unlimited users, support and training, teams worldwide can access the content they need, whenever and wherever they need it. Built on Microsoft Azure, MediaValet is fast and easy to use. It's trusted by global brands like Brand USA, Razer, Margaritaville, Experian and more.

MediaValet Details

MediaValet™ is a 100% cloud-based and enterprise class digital asset management system.

Unlimited Users: Seamlessly give your extended teams instant access to your library with free and unlimited users.

Unlimited Support: Instantly have your questions answered with our 24/7, unlimited and free support.

Global Reach: Quickly access your assets from anywhere in the world with our cloud-based solution.

Clean User Interface: Easily upload, find and share your assets, with our easy-to-use platform and search functions.

Advanced Integrations: Connect MediaValet with your existing tools and platforms, and access our open API.

Superior Security: Rest easy knowing your assets are safe, with triple-redundancy, geo-replication and disaster recovery.

MediaValet

MediaValet Reviews

Showing 80 MediaValet reviews
Already have MediaValet?
Independent Consultant
What do you like best?

Searching and finding your assets is easy. Their implementation process was excellent and they were very helpful in providing advice and guidance. Since this is our company's first DAM it was great to have insights provided about the best ways to approach our naming conventions, keywords, and overall structure. As we progressed through integration and into the operation stage, when we had questions, they were always happy to help and if we encountered a technical issue, they fixed it. We are allowing our customers to use it as well so they can access their assets in their social media posts, communications, etc. Because MediaValet is user friendly our clients are finding it quick and easy to access their assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is very thin currently with no real user insights being provided such as search keywords used, if users found what they were looking for, etc. Additional reports and functions are supposed to be coming in early 2021. Hopefully this will address the current deficiencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a DAM that is familiar looking to users, MediaValet is an excellent choice. User adoption is the ultimate goal and the familiar design MediaValet has makes that goal attainable and helps put users at ease of having to learn a new system to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are saving several man-hours each week by utilizing the functionality in MediaValet to quickly find the assets we need. Our creative team can easily search through the assets and find what they are looking for. As they get busier, the hours saved searching through assets really begins to add up, and frees them up to focus more on the design aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

We love most the user-friendly functionality and experience of the DAM interface, the security of our sensitive assets, and also the world-class support provided. The support staff is always available to field questions and even take suggestions of small areas that can be improved. We have suggested a few alternate functions of the DAM and the team has come back to us and implemented those changes. It's great to have a DAM that is constantly evolving into a better platform and to know the software is not intended to be a one size fits all for every company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is a seriously hard question to answer as it would take something super picky to choose, but of course its true nothing is perfect. Using the platform for half a year and still have not found something I dislike enough to mention it here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We did a lot of research into DAM providers before making a design on the best fit for us and we found a very little amount of companies who are on the same level as MediaValet, and none that were in the same bracket of greatness for their support and service. MediaValet is truly unique in their ability to provide both a great product and also world class customer service/support. I would 100% recommend speaking with MediaValet before choosing any other DAM providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our biggest problem with digital assets was how far spread out those assets were in different clouds and hard drives. MediaValet was able to provide us with a powerful DAM solution for all our assets which has allowed a much better collaboration between departments. Our DAM also ensures that our colleagues have access to the latest versions of our assets and not something out-of-date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in MediaValet
What do you like best?

MediaValet has a great on-boarding team and they are amazing to work with as a true partner. They are proactive to work through your roadblocks and they keep you informed on what improvement they are working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have yet to disappoint me while working with them. Anytime that I run into issues that I might have been able to do with previous DAMs, they work with myself and their support team to see about other solutions or even how they can improve their system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping a global company connected from a digital assets point of view is the biggest hurdle that we have solved but the benefits continue to grow. We decided to transition to MediaValet as it was a perfect fit into our company's ecosystem of applications and they continue to build on their compatibility list which only strengthens our relationship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

I love that the franchisees can now find everything they need quickly. I love that I can visually see 200 assets at time. I love that the artificial intelligence, keywords, and categories make it easy to find everything I need. And I especially love the branded portals so I can curate the assets for the needs of the franchisees each quarter. Working with Marketing Firms is easier. Working with our Europe branches is easier. So many of the things that took an hour here and an hour there are eliminated. We would have never been able to hit deadlines after covid hit and our labor was drastically cut if we had not already created our DAM with Media Valet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I Wish I could choose how the categories are listed and not require alphanumeric system.

But it has worked great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is one of the best decisions we made. Media Valet's DAM helped us through the critical pandemic time even on a reduced creative team. It has improved the franchisees experience and their perception of the service the marketing department gives them. The DAM was a win for everyone: us, franchisees, media buyers, international operations, and the creative video creation teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to spend a lot of time finding assets for franchisees and media buyers. We also got requests to make the same changes to a promotion over and over again. Different members of the team would get the request and not know someone else already made that alteration. So we repeated a lot of work. And franchisees were often frustrated that they would have to wait a few days to get the material they needed. There were so many phone calls and email request us to find and make the quick change they needed. It was difficult to have time to do the real creative work that needed to be done.

Thankfully, we purchased into the system in October so by March Media Valet was completely up and functional. When covid-19 hit an our hours were drastically reduced we were able to meet demand by creating ahead of time what we thought the franchisee would need and put them in a curated portal for just that brand's covid response assets. The franchisees could look quickly at what was already created and then ask for a word or two be changed for their situation. With over 6000 assets created during that 45 day period, we were able to give every franchisee what they needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy keywording and sharing functions make this DAM a great system for our dispersed team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no real downsides, but it will be great when they have facial recognition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When we looked for our DAM, we considered MediaValet the Cadillac of the options for our non-profit budget. You really get a lot of service for a great price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a massive amount of photos produced every year that require storage but also the ability to find images that fit search criteria fast. MediaValet solved this for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

that you can search for items in multiple different ways. I love being able to share gallery's and portals with clients so they have access to content that i have created for them only. Certainly a great tool to be more efficient and organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the titles show when I create a gallery or portal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

having all digital assets in one place, throughout the whole company. Everyone can access all the company assets without emailing large files. Its simple to share with clients and have a very clean look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The functionality of the software. The search and overall interface is above and beyond anything else I have seen.

Also, the next level of customer service and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The software is allowing us to have one searchable destination for creative assets. The product has saved us time searching. The files are so organized that your search can be broken down in detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

The customer service we have received with Media Valet has been tremendous. They are quick to respond and always open to additional training and feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Challenges integrating with Adobe products at this point in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have moved a significant number of assets off of our servers and our department now has the tools to more easily manage our images and videos. We're also able to manipulate the assets we use with the cropping and different size downloading options. With the addition of portals, we're going to be able to provide a centralized place for the rest of staff within the organization to access the high quality photos that they need for various presentations and reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like how easily external people can access files. Certain departments only need access to certain folders so MediaValet helps with the filtering of data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That you can't rename files within the program. I find myself deleting files, renaming on desktop and reuploading because my organization has naming conventions that overlap. I also don't like that you can't have 2 files with the same name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Organize files before uploading. Easier to upload in batches and have it correct the first time than to edit within. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problems of having different groups access different things by rejecting certain assets. The benefits we have realized is sharing externally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Mediavalet is a great solution for a multi-user DAM. The search functionality and upload process are very intuitive and robust. My team is able to find what they need with little help from me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integrations need lots of work. The PowerPoint integration for Mac works great with drag and drop functionality but still doesn't work properly for PC (which most of our team uses).

Upload speeds are really slow for large files and they end up crashing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

set clear intentions and goals before implementing and map out very meticulously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

all our assets in one place and easy to find! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing manager
What do you like best?

The user interface is excellent but the support team stands out as their greatest asset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would live the option to change thumbnail size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Develop a relationship with the support staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to pinpoint a single image from a library of over 20,000 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Assistant
What do you like best?

The ease of downloading any media file, the preview that works smoothly, the ability to change the amount of files displayed and the search within categories. These are some details that make MediaValet the ideal tool for me in organizing and accessing media files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The server's slowness at times and the lack of warning that by clicking the right button in the thumbnail, you download the file in a medium quality. For new users, it's a bit confusing to understand that it's necessary to open the preview and then download the file in full resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you deal with marketing, design and PR, MediaValet is ideal for your day to day business. By cataloging and categorizing, your raw files will always be a few clicks away to make your work easier. I often say that MediaValet is the tool I did not know I needed until I used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MediaValet is a system in which I can easily access any of the company's assets. After the third-party media sharing function via link, implemented a few months ago, the tool has become by far the most practical I've ever been able to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual Designer
What do you like best?

I like being able to find everything in one place, the search is good, and the revisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My Wacom tablet doesn't work well, I spoke with David MacLaren and the team at Adobe MAX and will follow up as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Revisions with sales and marketing collateral. One less step for us when it's at their fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agency Partner
What do you like best?

Media Valet is our 'go to' source for marketing our business! Wether it's a proposal for a new client, social media or updating our website Media Valet saves us enormous amounts of time and headache! Files are so organized within that it makes searching so much easier and the downloads are quick and easy! I can't imagine a day without it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - no real negatives come to mind. Maybe if I've selected several large files for download that can be sometimes be timely but that's rare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No need to look further - everything you hope to find in a marketing solution is right here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Media Valet for high resolution photos and videos is a game changer for us. In addition, we've saved lots of money by having to purchase fewer stock photos! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Manager
What do you like best?

The ability to search and find most anything you need in MediaValet is great. Also, the platform enables you to organize everything how you'd like, and if you'd like to change the organization rubric, it's easy to re-organize assets on the fly. As administrators, we can also set permissions and easily share assets with people within and without the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I very much dislike not being able to quickly scroll down the page, when viewing assets, with my mouse wheel or with my trackpad. I have to click on the arrow to the far right of the page, which makes it very very inconvenient to do any reorganizing or browsing, quickly. Along the same vein, I'd like for the platform to be more touch screen friendly, so that I could easily select assets without having to click the white box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good. So far, I myself am not aware of a better alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storing, organizing, and sharing digital media assets. It's great because everything can be in one location, and accessed from both the U.S. and China. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Tagging, detailed metadata, controlling user access, no duplicate files uploaded, sending out lightboxes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no dragging and dropping, no drag highlighting, you have to individually pick files you want or select the whole page which seems so dated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

single point of access for assets across organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Associate
What do you like best?

MediaValet has a well-rounded framework for familiarizing users with digital assets, beginning with their onboarding process, during which users are encouraged to metatag their assets three different ways: categories, attributes, and keywords. Adding these tags allows users to easily search for assets as well as simplifies folder and file naming conventions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

MediaValet is intuitive and easy to use. Sometimes minor bugs occur, like saved changes do not appear right away and buttons malfunction, but MediaValet’s support team has been super helpful with following up on those issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MediaValet has been accommodating with their extensive search functionalities, download/share options, and large storage capacity, all of which has significantly reduced the number of email requests from team members and the time-consuming task to locate digital assets contained in multiple outlets instead of in one central space. Now, team members are much more self-sufficient and are able to engage with a system that meets their needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Production Coordinator
What do you like best?

I love being able to visually see the library come together. We organize our photos by country, so to see each country category hold on to tons of different photos is great. I also love that when you click on a photo, you see so much information next to it, plus have the opportunity to add ratings. I like that the expanded view allows you to add tags. It's a great way for us to hold everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the tagging system was a little more seamless. Right now, it takes a second for the tags that are already in use to populate, and sometimes when I put in a new tag, it just shows up as a white bar until I exit out of the tag adding section. Therefore, if I forget what I typed already in a long list of tags, it's harder to tell until later. I also wish that you could credit photos to users. I think right now it tells you who uploaded it, but it would be cool to be able to attach that to a user and even click through that user's photo gallery. Also, it would be nice to see how much space we are using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company or organization has a ton of photos that you love to access with ease, Mediavalet makes it easy. It empowers many across the organization to participate in sharing photos, too, which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a place to hold all our photos that was easy to sort through. It's so frequent that we are looking for a photo that shows x event in y country in z season with a specific kind of person. Now, instead of digging through our memories or hard-drives, we are moving towards a world where everyone can find the picture they had in mind without too much work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Lead
What do you like best?

My favourite thing is that it's so easy to use, for example, uploading images is drag and drop and sharing images and galleries with colleagues and clients is dead-simple. Also, the amazing responsiveness from my customer service manager - when I have questions or unique issues, she is very responsive to solving/answering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface isn't as streamlined and in some cases feels like it isn't as direct as it could be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a really good category structure and file naming convention before adding photos in. Do your research on keywording and attributes before diving in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer have to be the one who finds the perfect photo for a client or colleague, I can set it up so they can find what they need themselves. This is a huge time saver for me. Also, instead of having a hard drive full of photos, everything is available from anywhere you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Production
What do you like best?

The negotiation and onboarding process was done in a very cooperative manner, and they were very good at dealing with some very tight timelines for the initial setup! As well, we had an abnormal ask for a particular project that they were not expecting but worked with us to develop a solution for. Since then, they have worked with us and our security teams to ensure the experience not only uncompromisingly delivers their core functionality, but also meets our security team's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels sturdy and works well, but doesn't feel overly "cutting edge". All-in-all not a game changer, but sometimes a dated UI/Design can introduce unintentional barriers to adoption or advocacy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simply put: before MediaValet we had no Golden Master of any of our published resources. We now do, and so much more. The service has ensured we have a "safety net" in case anything catastrophic happens to our onsite data, we've realized time efficiencies knowing we have a great system of record and we're just starting to roll it out to the greater organization for consumption. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fast way to find what I need, many possibilities to share, download or just see different types of media info. Good placement for search bar :) History of downloads very usefull tab, saved me from spending time to download materials I already had on my computer. Generally speaking, awesome tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In this moment I don't have something to dislike, maybe after more time I will have a different oppinion but tbh I don't think I will find something not working properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this awesome tool if you have it available, will save a lot of time and media materials will be in right place for sharing with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product presentations, product info and pics for my customers, fast way to find informations about new products. Fast way to send informations to my customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program manager
What do you like best?

Mediavalet is easy to navigate and keeps everything in one place. The system is available in all of the markets that we operate in which is helpful. Also we can have clients upload and audit their own media material which makes everyone's job easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lightbox system isn't the most useful feature due to it's clunkiness however it does come in handy when you need to send specific files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit we have realized is allowing our sales team in China access to our media storage. With other Microsoft or Google branded programs they were unable to have quick access. MediaValet works well in these markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

With over 25,000 digital assets currently in my organizations library, this platform increased the ease of searching for specific and relevant assets to better their daily performance. From operations to sales, MediaValet has made our company better!

The single best thing about MediaValet is that it's global and accessible in China. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is truly being picky, but product development could be a bit faster. My team is constantly providing feedback about the need for increased mobile friendliness, self-reporting functions and lastly better data tracking/impressions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MediaValet resolved my company's largest marketing barrier - access to China! This has allowed us to increase version control of assets increasing the efficiency of sales and closing cross-departmental communication gaps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EM
What do you like best?

The UX is intuitive. Their organization is a true partner with ours. We are increasing our digital archive over time so their business model or paying for the amount of storage is attractive to us. They have excellent support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We don't have all the features we would like in terns of light boxes and web galleries. But they have developed many features for us over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have taken our digital assets in our archive and made them finable, searchable with a structured taxonomy that makes it scalable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CE
What do you like best?

Folder and asset organization all in one shared space.I like the check-in and out feature with historical versions- super helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a warning when uploading duplicate assets. Would like to search by title or portion of title (may be doing that wrong!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Make your life easier, especially if you routinely share assets with a team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All assets for all clients are available in one convenient, searchable space that can be shared by many people. Assets can be shared easily internally or externally. Working on adding client partial access which could be super man-power saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for MediaValet?