Dialpad

Dialpad

4.0

The business phone system with the simplest, most elegant interface you've ever experienced.

Work for Dialpad?

Learning about Dialpad?

Dialpad Reviews

Ask Dialpad a Question
Showing 223 Dialpad reviews
Jeffrey D. K.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Dialpad
Sheldon Z.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Jessica F.

"Perfect for Remote Employees"

What do you like best?

Our team works remotely and keeps up with customer and vendor calls using Dialpad. It gives us the features of a typical phone system, but so much more. We can use the desktop or mobile app to make and answer calls. We just recently added a new team member. It was so easy to set up another line for him. We can easily manage all the features of Dialpad from the account settings page. The call quality is great and we often use the Uber conference feature to get multiple people on a call.

What do you dislike?

I have multiple departments I view on the desktop app. I find it hard to distinguish the call history to my own number vs those to other departments

As a remote team, we needed a VoIP that offer the features you would find with a typical landline phone system. We are a lean team, so the tool had to be easy enough to use without a technical phone installer skills. Dialpad offer all of this. The features are easy enough for any of us to set up.

John K.

"A Great Telecommunications Solution"

What do you like best?

Dialpad is flexible, simple, and powerful. In one easy to setup application I can make calls (with great clarity), send/receive texts (including images - mms), and route calls, pretty much anything I need to do. The mobile app is fantastic and intuitive, and the browser extension works flawlessly on all sites I use.

Oh... and being able to switch between my mobile app and desktop while in a call is fantastic!

BONUS: Comes with Uberconfernce which is extremely handy for conference calls/ screen sharing.... and you have a dedicated call-in number!

What do you dislike?

Sending a multi-line text appears as a single block of text to recipient. Would be nice if the format I type it in, held at delivery

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop hesitating and start using it. You will spend more time trying to compare then getting work done. Get onboard and use your active account as the measurement for other systems to compare too.

Simple & affordable communications, Easy setup and call routing, and Conference-calling.

Alex B.

"Best Set-It & Forget It Business VoIP Available"

What do you like best?

The setup process is so seamless. There is not much work that needs to be done. Building up IVR menus is a breeze, though somewhat limited compared to the competition. It integrates deeply with G Suite making it a no-brainer for small businesses that are using G Suite.

The mobile app is great as well as the desktop app. Updated regularly and they appear to be a quick-moving company.

What do you dislike?

It has very few if any integrations. It does not have any Zapier integration, does not integrate with my CRM, does not integrate with my Help Desk. That's the biggest strike here. Integrations have to exist if they want to even try and compete with the big players here like RingCentral.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are primarily using your cellphone to conduct business (e.g. not reliant on a physical desk-phone) or are willing to plug in a headset into your computer, this really is a phenomenal product that works well and is a pleasure to use.

Cutting down on spam calls, directing calls through a pipeline (correct department), scale-able business phone calls.

Sabrina B.

"Dialpad keeps our phone line quiet and call transferring is a breeze!"

What do you like best?

The most useful feature for us is the dial tone menu, which allowed us to pre-record messages based on which option a client chooses when they call in. If they choose an option which does connect them to our office, the call comes in on all team member's computers so that anyone can answer. Transferring calls from one team member to another is super simple, as we do this often between our office and remote workers within just a few seconds.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a lag in connection. Sometimes we find ourselves talking over the person on the other end of the line because of the delay. While we have gotten used to it, it is bothersome at times.

We found ourselves having the same conversation over an over as we would pick up the phone and eventually tell each client to email us with their order information. Now that we have an automated message with this info, we spend significantly less time having unnecessary phone conversations.

Adam P.

"Dialpad Customer For Years"

What do you like best?

When we started our business, we needed a solution that would provide access anywhere and from any device. Dialpad was the right solution for our business. The features we appreciate most, are:

- Works across multiple devices

- Seamless device hand-off

- Easy web-based administration

- Flex-up/flex-down for licensing

- Ability to create and manage groups or offices

- ALL of the continued feature roll-outs

Also, we have conference room phones that are connected to our account. It was really simple to setup, and has provided value to have phones in our rooms.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we really disliked about Dialpad were a few issues that have since been addressed. For example, when you delete a recording, there used to not be a prompt, so if you had clicked on that accidentally, there wasn't any "undo", but they've fixed that. Overall, there aren't any issues with Dialpad that we'd consider an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the investment for the version of Dialpad that has integrations. We have ours integrated with Salesforce, GSuite and Slack.

We needed a solution that would allow us to easily provision users in any geography, and be able to integrate with things like GSuite and Salesforce. It has delivered value for us by making Salesforce easier to manage with automated call logging/tracking. In terms of benefits, we've seen a very high level of "availability" of our people for our prospects and customers. In the world of consulting and sales, accessibility means everything.

kassy g.

"Great on the surface, but not reliable for a large volume calls"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to send texts, and being able to see who answered each call, transferring calls and being able to see who's actively on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike, the set-up, the lack of live customer service, the amount of all the dropped calls, the poor quality of the calls, the lag in answering each call and the app is not reliable to take calls from.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not sure where to start with suggestions because their system is not reliable overall I'm not satisfied with the quality of the calls, but a couple added features like text reminders would be nice or if it could integrate with Clio.

We use it primarily on our desktop or laptop computers, but it also makes working on your computer and answering calls. It freezes up my computer often and I miss a lot of calls because of the lag in the application.

Kirk M.

"Great business solution with very simple setup"

What do you like best?

It's just nice to have a dependable virtual phone line to use for your business. Added bonuses include business hours, routing rules, managing your team, etc. The setup is quick and simple, allowing you to focus on more important aspects of your business.

What do you dislike?

The administration panel can be a little confusing, as in how the navigation is laid out and and where certain settings are. If you're unfamiliar with VOIP products and/or Dialpad specifically, it could be a bit complicated to get things running.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my experience, it's the overall best and most robust product, while maintaining a high level of simplicity.

Being able to have a business line without working with a typical costly provider. One that allows you to change when and how it routes to certain phones and, most importantly for us, allows employees to have direct lines without exposing their personal numbers.

Joseph M.

"My experience using Dialpad was good overall"

What do you like best?

Dialpad is easy to operate into multiple device and also it is great to be able to use it on the computer like instant messenger and also have those messages available on your phone as well. I like the services very easy to instruct, the time that I need some help on how to install this on my laptop there are very easy to talk and the instruction is very mild and amazing.

What do you dislike?

After a call gets dropped, for whatever reason, the support never admits that the problem exists within their system but often blame shifts to other things. Sometimes I just want to hear them recognize that they do make mistakes. Also, the AI is not so great when it comes to transcripts of calls and voicemails. I quite enjoy reading them sometimes when I need a laugh.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking with the great services and product you must get Dialpad. It's great for business. Be weary of customer service and integrations, but otherwise a helpful and convenient tool for modern organizations.

My overall experience with Dialpad is pretty much on the average. We have been using it for quite a while now and long enough for us to be able to experience its good and bad side. About implementation, we did not have any issues. It provided us with inexpensive telephone system between divisions and regions across the globe. It offered stability and excellent support.

Wesley L.

"Dialpad - the future?"

What do you like best?

Dialpad offers some very compelling and unique capabilities which show a visionary approach to VOIP and corporate telephony. That being said, it is the most frustrating company and application I use everyday. The user interface is confounding. The desktop, smartphone and iPad apps provide great flexibility for how calls are handled but there is NO consistency in design which creates great confusion with me (an Electrical Engineer) and other users. We are a frustrated small company. I can't imagine how a large company could manage the support calls these apps would create. It would be interesting if all the 5-star reviews had some detailed praise. I'll give a pat on the back for whoever got rid of all the spam calls. That is one thing that has improved greatly. They also have reorganized the features on the different payment plans which is much better. I'm still looking for a better solution but I have not found one yet.

What do you dislike?

The support team from dialpad was not very helpful - in fact a bit rude. Our team had to solve most of our questions on our own or google search

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We spent over $75K on Cisco equipment that our IT staff couldn't figure out - frustrated we replaced the entire system with Dialpad for a fraction of the cost and it has worked flawlessly. Best part is the conference software - way better UI than WebEx or GoToMeeting and only $10/mth.

Common issues with our startup using Dialpad is not everyone was using the same communication software. We had to transition everyone from Zoom, Skype, etc.

Tyler S.

"Great on the Surface, some issues with use"

What do you like best?

- Affordable

- Pretty intuitive / user friendly

- Like the settings interface, including call menus

- Desktop & mobile apps

- Texting

What do you dislike?

- Desktop app bug where the badge icon does not update properly for missed calls. I have been reporting this for months with no progress by tech support. I lose business when there is a missed call and I don't know about it right away (and there is no ring because it goes to main line call menu).

- Voicemail transcription poor-to-mediocre (at least compared to Google Voice)

- Setup issues with Obi voip device; specifically, it doesn't allow you to share your device with other VoiP service providers without a manual hack (which is what I'm doing so I can still use the device for a personal GV #), although this may be causing other issues

- Customer service underwhelming. First tier is overseas office that while friendly & responsive usually isn't helpful and just end up sending it up the chain to someone who can help. Forum isn't really used. Live chat unreliable and still first tier people. Overall, slow response times and still have unresolved issues. Feels like 10 people work at Dialpad, both in customer service & sales, despite appearing to be a well funded growing company.

- Have had numerous technical issues, most but not all were eventually resolved, including dropped calls, ringing delays, etc.

- As a single user using Dialpad, there is no efficient way to see all new activity across departments; I have to check each one individually. Plus, it doesn't aggregate the same caller activity across departments in one place -- it treats them separately even if the same phone number.

I really wish they would focus more on the fundamentals of their product more before caring about adding new sexy features that are better for marketing. Using a robust forum for getting user feedback (e.g., with voting) could be helpful. I will likely be sticking with them for now since there are enough areas I like and they seem to continue to be working on the product, but I'm just not sure they are focused enough on solving my problems/issues above.

Inexpensive phone number and service

Call menus with routing, including to voicemails

Craig B.

"Dialpad is the worst purchase I've made as a business owner!"

What do you like best?

There is nothing I can say good about DIalpad.

What do you dislike?

Dialpad could improve by firing everyone who answers a phone there and replacing them with test monkeys too dumb to be considered for cancer experiments...any primate with thumbs would be a considerable improvement.

I've used their service for four or five months and every call to the so-called support team was a terrible experience. They are rude at the highest levels of that company.

I paid for two lines at the annual rate and decided to find a different company after being disrespected repeatedly for asking simple questions about their poorly designed software. Since paying for the year in advance, one might expect a refund for the cancelled months, right? From a reputable company, yes. From Dialpad? That would be a no!

When you ignore this review and buy the service anyway, don't expect a refund when you've had enough of the snarky remarks and passive aggressive comments from the children manning the phones over at Dialpad. This is because company policy only allows refunds to be given to those purchasing the month-to-month plans. However, they will do you a solid and escalate your refund request to a supervisor who will never get back to you with a definitive no. You'll figure it out when nothing happens.

So, unless you enjoy being treated like a nuisance for not waking up the day after your purchase and having all the knowledge necessary to get the most from their service, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Trust me, spend your money elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! There is too much competition in the marketplace to waste your time and money with Dialpad.

Getting rid of Dialpad eliminates the daily aggravation of paying someone for their constant disrespect.

David B.

"Great on PC, Awful on iPhone"

What do you like best?

It works great over wifi from my computer (which is great because my cell reception is bad) and the calls always come through clear. Also useful for organizing contacts and receiving text messages.

What do you dislike?

I downloaded the Dialpad app onto my iPhone and while calls will ring simultaneously on my phone and desktop, I have never been able to actually answer a call on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're only calling from your computer this is a great tool.

This is useful because it allows me to track all of my phone calls and texts with clients while not having to worry about cell phone reception. It is also nice as it shows when others in my organization who use Dialpad are busy on calls or out of the office.

"A big fan of Dialpad"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and the seamless integration of mobile and desktop apps. I don't have two carry two phones (one for work and personal) because I can have the dialpad app on my personal.

What do you dislike?

One thing I've noticed when calling using the mobile app is there is a little bit more of a delay than usual. So I just have to adjust accordingly and give extra time before I start responding to the other person. I should also mention this usually happens when dialing into a conference line (GoToMeeting) so it could be just that particular relay that takes a little more time.

I can work remotely and still have access to my work line. All of my work communication stays in one place so if I'm not at my desk, I can be reached on my mobile very easily.

"Great app, few opportunities"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage my calls and clients from the computer, as well as the chrome add-on that allows more seamless calling

What do you dislike?

There seems to be some lag (10-30 seconds) that occurs after every phone call and when trying to download the recordings. Also, the preview pane from the home screen does not always update so I'm not able to track whose been calling, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great app and does what it's designed to do.

It's allowed me to manage my callers and receive media in quick and easy methods in the SMS function. I'm able to export call recordings into my work without too much hassle. By not having to occupy the space on my desk, I'm also much more comfortable with my workstation aesthetics that I'm able to achieve, having the (phone) as part of the computer

Sarah F.

"Dialpad for Small Office "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the portability of Dialpad and the ease of transferring calls to others in the office, as well as the chat features. Dialpad's function of having the call ring to your phone in a noticeable way (a red bar appears at the top of your screen and the call pops up with the caller's ID and says it is from Dialpad) is very innovative and allows me to screen work calls apart from personal calls. It is nice it is so customizable as far as using Wifi or your cell company to receive calls, allows you to call or text from your Dialpad number, etc.

What do you dislike?

The app does tend to crash at times, where you cannot answer it on your phone and thus miss the call. Also, if you are on a current call and someone else calls, it does not give you the option of which call to hold or take, but rather puts your current call on hold and immediately has the other one as "ringing". You then have the option to hold that call and resume your other one, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great solution to going cell-based. Would recommend perhaps one desk phone for the reception desk. Allows you to work anywhere. Allows privacy and is customizable. Glitches require patience, as with most technology.

It works especially well in our office as we do not have a full-time receptionist, thus others can take over the phone answering capabilities with the multi-user function. Assistants can also see and take calls for their superiors. It is more affordable than desk phones and allows you to receive and screen calls away from the office, if you wish.

"Contact anyone in your Company w/o keeping a directory"

What do you like best?

Being able to contact other employees using Dialpad to search their names. It's a lot more convenient than looking up numbers through a directory. I also often use the transfer/send to voicemail option. Another feature I really like on dialpad is being able to put your line on Do Not Disturb, or transfer your calls to another employee or office, which is very useful when I go on vacation, or need to go out in the field.

What do you dislike?

Since it is internet based, if you use the app through your phone or computer the connection can be hit-and-miss sometimes if you have internet issues. While it is possible to use the cell phone provider to make calls, sometimes it makes the transfer option unavailable, since it relies on the internet to search through numbers/other dialpad users. Occasionally I have issues connecting with clients that live in more rural areas; I've had instances where the clients claimed their phone only rang once, while on my end I was sent straight to voicemail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stable High Speed Internet is a must.

Dialpad solves the need for our employees in the field to save all the numbers of administrators, bosses, or other colleagues. It allows any one of our employees to contact anyone else in our company without having to save several numbers. The benefits of using this service is that it can be used anytime on the go with a proper signal. Anyone using the dialpad app can send messages, forward calls, or look up any other employee within our company.

"Business Continuity, Business Data Systems Integration -- Easy to Use and Tasty"

What do you like best?

Several issued are intertwined. Simplicity. Platform independence. Web-based for business continuity of operations. Integration with the Google Apps / G Suite platform. My team made the switch to a VoIP phone system in about 2010. The first service we used required physical phones -- ugh. The second service we used had an application but it was not web-based. Finally, we found a couple choices that offered web-based solutions and DialPad was our choice.

What do you dislike?

When I first installed DialPad on my cellphone, it seemed to have a sibling rivalry with my "regular" phone app. I was certain that it was a configuration / setting issue but could never figure out what it was. I've just done a factory reset on my cellphone and have just reinstalled DialPad -- we'll see.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is somewhat difficult to give just a sound-bite answer. There are several great things that intertwine. Read my specific commentary above.

Business continuity and data systems integration. If our office burned down, could we simply go to any computer anywhere and log into our phone via the web? Or, if a team member was traveling, can they still operate? Finally, the integration with Google Apps, Copper / Prosperworks, etc.

US
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great Product with an up-to-date Business Communications SaaS"

What do you like best?

Quality of phone calls is always great. I can dial directly from my Browser by clicking on a phone number (with the extension). I can make calls from my analog phone with an IP adapter AND I can make calls from my desktop/laptop, iphone or Ipad via App. The ability to have the Dialpad app on my iPhone means that I am never out of reach from my office. There is also available a voice log of your phone calls to review what you said. In all a superior service. Also to add, you can SMS from your business phone line. And last, the price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a better junk phone call blocker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product. Go for it. Built by the people who did Google Voice.

Totally portable communications via phone, desktop, laptop, IOS. I can be anywhere and conduct a business call.

Ujay K.

"Great chat app for the office."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to chat with my colleagues, and the dialing feature is really good for out of office. I get my phone calls at the office forwarded to my cell using this program. In addition, handling voice mails is a lot easier now that its handled through email and this app.

What do you dislike?

I have to update my app at least 4 times a week, and the program crashes often. This is not that terrible since the program restarts relatively quickly. However, it is still an issue none the less. Sometimes it also shows that I'm on a call when I have ended that call hours ago.

Ease of communication based on the features I had mentioned above.

AS
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Desperately searching for a new alternative"

What do you like best?

I like the chat feature and the number masking feature when they work. This app is super glitchy, and the updates aren't helping. Not to mention it's expensive for something that doesn't work properly. Our company hates it.

What do you dislike?

My biggest grievances are as follows:

-when I receive a call I sometimes, most times, cannot get it to transfer it to my cell phone and it almost always fails when I click “switch to this device”

-when placing a call sometimes it dials right away and sometimes it masks number. The extra click to dial another number after I’ve put in the number is very frustrating because it’s not consistent.

-call quality is pretty low and calls drop frequently. Most people say they cannot hear me and I’m speaking no differently if I were talking in my own cell phone.

-Messages that are sent from my cell phone appear twice to recipients on the computer and with a lag.

-messages sent to and from computer come with a lag, coworkers and I tested it sitting next to each other.

Quite frankly in the business of sales, Dialpad and its wobbly features is actually hurting our business, who likes to be disconnected 3-4 times when they call in?

Marisa N.

"Ease of Entry for Smartphone-Literate"

What do you like best?

I love how EASY this was to set up right off the bat, and how it allows our staff to be mobile in and out of the office. The apps are well-designed, customer and technical support are incredibly helpful and responsive, and you don't need to have an IT background to operate it to its maximum potential.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot block numbers, that contacts cannot be synced across an organization, and that it can be confusing to use for the smartphone-illiterate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before implementing, be sure that you have plenty of staff members who are comfortable using app-based phone systems and work solutions. This will make it easier to seamlessly implement!

Our traditional phone system was not working for us. We had desk phones, cell phones, fax machines, conference lines, honestly way too many pieces of technology to keep track of! Now, we have a home base for all of our office communication. With Dialpad's connection to Uberconference, our entire phone experience is streamlined.

Joshua P.

"Dialpad is life changing"

What do you like best?

Everything. Not having a traditional phone is awesome. Staff status (available/on phone/in meeting/DND) awesome. Unified messaging - awesome. Has completely changed our workflows and made our distributed team much more dynamic and connected. Oh yeah, and the voice quality is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There really is no major issue that I can think of...sometimes the mobile app is a little fussy, but recent updates seem to have cleared that up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Free 30-day trial. Try it! If you are coming from traditional VOIP or PBX systems, moving to a truly easy to use and implement unified messaging platform is life-changing.

Unified messaging for a distributed workforce with a mix of BYOD and company issued devices. Ability to make and receive company voice/chat from BYOD without exposing personal mobile numbers. Ability to work on multiple platforms and from any Internet connected device even with low bandwidth.

"Dialpad has been a great service for our organization."

What do you like best?

I think the app is really well made. It is user friendly and easily updated! I like the transfer buttons and that you can save multiple voicemail messages. The call quality is good most of the time. I really think it is great that there is a way to see the history of any call you have made or received. Having those call logs is essential.

What do you dislike?

I do not get notified when we receive a text message on our main line in a department. I think it would be good to have that be shown as unread.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is a good service that works really well with smaller non profits.

Easy company wide communication has been streamlined with Dialpad. Training new users on this platform is also really easy. It is really intuitive and the user friendliness is super helpful here.

Learn more about Dialpad

Dialpad Videos

Learning about Dialpad?

* We monitor all Dialpad reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.