AdRoll Reviews & Product Details

AdRoll Overview

What is AdRoll?

The AdRoll e-commerce marketing platform empowers D2C brands to deliver the consistent, personalized, cross-channel experiences vital to lasting customer relationships. Our machine learning engine makes a trillion decisions a day, so you can focus on strategic, creative work and grow faster, using the resources you have today. Our platform combines your customer data and ours from every point, giving you the entire bird’s-eye view of each customer’s habits, with continuous measurement and attribution to guide your strategy.

AdRoll Details
Discussions
AdRoll Community

Since 2007, AdRoll has been on a mission to help businesses compete online and grow revenue. Ambitious commerce brands use the AdRoll E-commerce Growth Platform to make their display, social and email advertising work together to accelerate business growth. Powered by industry-leading automation and personalization, brands are better able to structure, measure and sync their marketing efforts. Built for performance, our Growth Platform sees 37,000 customers generate more than $246 billion in sales annually.

NextRoll

AdRoll Reviews

Showing 447 AdRoll reviews
Already have AdRoll?
Senior Data Analyst
What do you like best?

This tool offers excellent functions, it is a clean platform in general, it is also quite easy to configure, I like how the dashboard is configured, also the interface is intuitive and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are extremely easy to use, It also provides personalized comments, it has the ability to send raw images, I also like the ability to configure custom audiences, this platform simplifies things a lot for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I am very satisfied with your service, I have no complaints to comment, AdRoll works very well and is a very important complement to my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent advertising service tool, with great technical support that will help you at all times, offers an incredible performance that will make your work easier, for all this I always recommend this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to manage campaigns on multiple platforms, it has allowed my team to get potential customers in large numbers, also the generation of reports helps to evaluate the performance of each campaign, I can also integrate my audience more fluidly, it has helped us to find to new potential users, it also allows us to have more proposals assigned to our campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Adroll has helped my online business grow through retargeting ads. It has also helped with my brand exposure through its dynamic retargeting ads structure. The retargeting has helped generate a consistent conversion rate over the last 6 months and their customer service is helpful and super efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The specifications of certain video ads- such as gifs (it has to be formatted to a certain file size, can't be on loop etc) which can be restrictive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a platform to retarget your ads, Adroll is the recommended app. AdRoll’s reGrowth platform identifies your key audiences and analyses their trends. It also provides an in-depth insights and conversion of your retargeting campaign strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the moment, I've only used Adroll for retargeting ads and this help pull customers back to my online store through various platform retargeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the support we receive from our account manager. He is always available and responsive. He provides feedback custom to our client which is insightful and useful.

The tool itself is intuitive and easy to navigate. I did have our account manager give me a walk-through when I was a new user and they were happy to do so and really took the time to answer all my questions. Once you have the layout it's easy to get around and find the information you need. They also have a great help section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I would say that I dislike with the tool. I do have a few things I would improve upon such as more robust reporting so that we could dig deeper into the data. For example we would like to see geo data around specific campaigns. I would also make some improvements in the ad uploading and trafficking process in terms be being able to rename native banners on initial upload as well as being able to have a bulk trafficking feature to be able to assign multiple ads to multiple campaigns at once instead of having to click into each campaign individually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend AdRoll. We have been very happy with the results and the support. I would ask for a walk through so you could see how easy the UI is to use for yourself. The staff is fantastic to work with and would be happy to answer any questions you have and will take the time to provide you with a great experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving for driving revenue for our client via click conversions. We use AdRoll primarily for our re-targeting efforts. We have seen fantastic results through those campaigns. We have also recently launched a look a like campaign to bring in some new users and build our cookie pool. We have already seen a positive impact from those efforts as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Search Engine Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The support you get from your account manager is top-tier. I've worked with a ton of "managers" for other channels and AdRoll's is definitely on another level. They're there to make sure you're maximizing your ROI, but also are open to feedback and learning the ins n' outs of your business. There isn't a one-size-all fit solution for DSP's and that's something AdRoll understands well. So, if you're over getting bland, cookie-cutter information and are looking for actionable insights for your business to break through that last performance KPI for the year, this might be your ticket there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The self-serve platform isn't the most intuitive and if you're going to be working in there quite often (though you probably won't), that could be an issue. That said, I've seen much worse *ahem Quora* and AdRoll has been making great progress this year in improving the layout so that's a plus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work in a niche industry where retargeting isn't the easiest channel to navigate through. AdRoll helps bridge that gap and over the last year and a bit, they've helped us build a better journey for our prospects, leading to incremental improvement in conversions month after month. If we were to just do this on our own, it'd be a bigger headache than I can imagine!

I also use their Attribution Tool and it's a great way to get a second look at your data and see if there are any areas of improvement you might not be seeing. For any marketer obsessed with performance, I'd highly recommend giving it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been very impressed with the ad performance on AdRoll. I also appreciate their team striving to make changes to benefit their partners. It is a stress free ad server! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features on adRoll that we are not taking currently full advantage of. If you have the time and resources to pay around, AdRoll can do amazing things. However if you are working for a lean start-up, it does take time and money to get the full AdRoll experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AdRoll is a one-stop-shop for all your advertisement needs. Their fantastic customer service and hands-on approach to providing excellent performance is second to none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bringing attention to our partners's pages. We have had great success with re-targeting and social ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love having a smaller company like ours appear on major websites for retargeting. It gives customers a sense that we are much larger than we are which builds trust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could get monthly billing statements emailed. Weekly ones I have to login and download are a drag Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a one stop top for your online marketing needs, this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a very cost effective way to market those who visited our site in the past. We have had many comments from customers that they saw our ads on various other major websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

We tried several other apps and AdRoll was the easiest by far to use. We were able to upload and manage many different types of ads to show to different visitors to our site. Phone support was engaged and friendly. Easy to rate success through easy ROI tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the email/contacts system was a little more robust. Right now we are still using our other email marketing program because I am not able to track or categorize contacts the way I would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a quick and easy way to start doing retargeting ads, AdRoll is the best solution we've found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retargeting to people who visited our site but didn't make a purchase. Also creating brand awareness by targeting certain types of websites where we think our customers may be browsing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Adroll acts like a partner and not just an agency. They are extremely reliable and aim to understand us as a business, what our KPIs and levers are so then they are able to then give relevant advice and support our creative initiatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we are out of our peak season we struggle to get spend away and make the most of the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adroll have supported us by not only setting up our retargeting campaigns but also creating the assets. We are a small, stretched team and this creative solution has been invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of GEO locating campaigns. I can easily target specific towns and cities for local businesses. You can input every town/ city that you want to target by simply typing in the name of the town or city and the state. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure. Maybe if we could upload customer hashes into the audience area. Right now I have to pay a data appending service. I do wish there was a way to upload a spreadsheet with all the town/ cities I want to target. It would save 5-10 minutes of not having to type in each ton/ city Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a way to push your business to the top, AdRoll is the next step. It is inexpensive to use and you can use it to create your whole campaign. Even if you or your customer has no traffic going to there site, you can use AdRoll to build audiences. Using AdRoll is free. their are no monthly costs. Ad campaigns cost $2.50 minimum bid per day for Facebook/ Instagram ads and $5.00 per day minimum for digital Web ads. You can even native ads and Web Video ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to reach a broader range of people and target niche clients that we wouldn't of been able to reach with SEO. If done correctly, you can build audiences out of thin air by building an impression audience. This may take a few days to a month, but for businesses that are new on the web or have never market their web presence, it is a great way to get people to their website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The user interface is simple, easy to use and saves us time when developing powerful B2C campaigns. I have found the online support team to be very helpful and go above and beyond when we have any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have found Adroll to be a great plaform. Nothing negative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We tried a range of B2C marketing platforms and found adroll to be the best. Please give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adroll saves us time switching between platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Google etc. This saves us time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CMO
What do you like best?

AdRoll is honestly pretty simple to use and I like how it connects all aspects of digital marketing into hub

It's easy to use once you get the hang of it that I recommend it to the newest of my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to sort through all the information when first ramping up, but so is almost any SaaS

I agree with other comments that it does not capture the lead information. It's can be difficult to parse through all the data and find out where users came from. API integration is difficult too though I don't have too much experience needing to integrate APIs. Always my colleagues were talking about how sometimes it could be difficult and less than ideal when it came to integrations. Perhaps a better support or help center would work well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take use of the help guides and reach out for support as you need it. I'd say give it a chance with the very low cost to purchase. They also offer trials which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AdRoll’s platform centralizes our marketing and ads and joins most everything together in one place, serving as a type of control center for our ToFu and MoFu funnels and customer journeys.

It helps to brings together our data and channels and puts things in a way that we measure, making everything easier to figure out which are better ads for new customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The management team and the service they provide, plus the creative team that we can utilize because of them. Having the ability to send off raw images and get professionally done creatives when with a very quick turnaround is reassuring when up against a crunch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The budget setting tools can be a little weird, that they can sometimes reset when you try and manually go in and rearrange budgets, but when reaching out to account managers to take care of it it is not as bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving how to retarget site visitors on platforms that they haven't seen us on before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

In the platform, there are a lot of placements, where companies can retarget their customers, very nice looking easy to use interface and very useful reporting. Easy to set up new campaigns and manage them. We have constant support from our account manager , who guides us to have better performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we are not able to exclude underperforming placements and upload HTML5 ads by ourselves, there is no app install campaigns. Still, in general, I think that the platform is one of the best retargeting platforms with a very intuitive interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The interface of AdRoll is straightforward to use, and you can quickly set-up a new campaign and start receiving clicks. For small marketing teams, this is extremely useful, as you don't have to spend a lot of time on the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like the fact that you can upload new campaigns very quickly and they'll get approved in a couple of minutes. I'm managing campaigns in more than ten different ad platforms, and this is crucial for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I would highly recommend AdRoll to any company wanting to increase their brand awareness and conversions. Our account manager, Wes, has been a delight to partner with and has felt like a member of our team from day one. His insights, guidance, and communication have been immensely valuable as we gain experience with display advertising and have made for a true "white glove" experience for our brand. AdRoll's user interface and reporting capabilities are extremely user-friendly and make it very easy to monitor performance and guide decision making. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides that I can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching new potential customers, converting web visitors, and building our relational marketing database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior PPC Specialist
What do you like best?

I love the customer service. It's really easy to get in touch with someone and have them walk you through the campaign. Throughout the year, we always had people that would call us up and help us make decisions for our campaigns. It's also really cost-effective which has been great for our smaller clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The set up process does seem a little simple. You can't really get down to the nitty gritty targeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to reach new audience through retargeting ads! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I work for a nonprofit and am the only marketing person, Adroll has helped us tremendously with our retargeting and look alike web display campaigns, because the Adroll team can assist in managing these. For a one woman show -- that's a game changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Adroll dashboard could use a UX revamp. Sometimes I feel as though things are difficult to navigate to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are retargeting leads who have shown an interest in low-cost vet care to come to our clinics. Those who arrive at our site through Adroll ads have a higher conversion rate than some of the other ad platforms we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

AdRoll is one of few platforms you can actually measure success in branding and remarketing campaigns through at network of sites. It's very simple to use with a great interface behind campaigns and insights, and for those just starting out in email and/or advertising it gives a solution for all of your needs. I like how you can easily decide what percentage of budget you will utilize for your campaigns with it comes to remarketing/retargeting and branding advertising. Branding works very well in the adroll platform and is quite inexpensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of their conversion attribution for ecommerce, though most platforms do not have 100% success with attribution. In terms of easily seeing where your ads are running and what the top websites are that attribute advertising and conversions, this is not very easy to see within AdRoll. I would suggest that they add this column to the home screen so people can at-a-glance see where their ads are running, what their top conversion sites look like, and decide easily where they want to allocate their dollars. This would help advertisers make decisions behind ads, creative, and spend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As said above, conversion attribution. I've worked with the AdRoll team and the measurements tool within AdRoll to get this as close as possible. I would also like to be able to integrate my adroll audience more seamlessly with other audiences such as Klaviyo, Facebook & Instagram ads, Google ads, and targeted campaigns for multi-channel sales functions (such as Amazon). I have seen the benefits in their branding advertising and the impressions that come with targeting advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

We switched to AdRoll from another retargeting platform approximately 4 years ago. Our ROI , sales revenue and customer base grew exponentially once we completed the move. AdRoll offers a wide variety of products for both retargeting and prospecting as well as an account manager who works as a strategist. AdRoll is not just a growth platform but it is also a community. They offer webinars and focus groups on various topics and they team is always willing to assist with any pain point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the multitude of products and reporting tools, comes a confusing dashboard. After all these years, at times I am still unsure where to navigate in the dashboard to find the data I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using AdRolls look alike audience has helped us scout out and target potential new users. Once these potential customers are in our funnel, we are able to retarget them with both branding ads and dynamic ads. Our account manager suggests new strategies to increase conversions and make the best use of our budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Among other DSP's AdRoll allows us to target more users and double profit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would suggest the team to get some kind of an Editor. Like Google Ads Editor or something to implement the changes faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to get a consultation beforehand. Support team is one of the best on market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of reaching more users and expanding the reach. We tried both remarketing and prospecting and remarketing worked best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

AdRoll is a fantastic platform to turn website visitors who don't convert initially into leads through retargeting. It also really helps to keep leads in the loop and develop them further along the funnel. We are using it for brand campaigns and lead capturing campaigns and it has shown great results. The user interface is easy to navigate and the reporting features have helped with the decision making. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is a somewhat annoying banner that appears on your website after you've embedded their code. It's a cookie consent banner that pops up every now and again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage our retargeting via Adroll and generate leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The ease of use. I like how you can self teach the system but it would be helpful to have an implementation team that takes your wants needs and objectives and sets you up with your initial ads for you to copy and build on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I cant easily toggle between companies using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make more tutorials and free cunsulting services to help small businesses improve Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retargeting ads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Best for remarketing and retargeting purposes, for sure! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited verticals to operate with is the main problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The transparency of these dashboards allows for detailed reporting that can be extended to your client is going to make you happy with this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is not a lot of control over the bidding and the actual fees are a little unclear. Benefits are the pros I stated above. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

At the end of the day AdRoll delivers consumers to the top and middle of our funnel with superior service. AdRoll purchases media across networks and exchanges enabling reach that can't be provided by Google or Facebook alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This isn't a comment that is clearly about AdRoll but the marketing stack as a whole. Each year vendors must chose how they innovate to stay relevant and fill a greater proportion of our needs as B2B or B2C businesses. Ultimately duplication of portions of the stack forces a migration choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out to AdRoll and have a frank conversation with their team. My experience has been that they are helpful and driven to see you succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Re-targeting visitors to our sites based on their intent and their interests is key to how AdRoll helps us convert consumers. Considered purchases require nurturing that is not always solved with an email or a free e-book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.