Workplace by Facebook Reviews & Product Details

Workplace by Facebook Overview

What is Workplace by Facebook?

Workplace by Facebook is a collaboration platform designed to connect entire organizations. It offers familiar tools like groups, messaging and video calling. It helps anyone develop team projects, run meetings, share news and even collaborate securely with other companies. Our desktop and mobile apps give people from all kinds of organizations a place to share their voice. Our free Standard plan gives teams a suite of collaboration features. The Advanced plan offers the additional admin and integration features needed in a larger organization. Workplace connects to the apps you already use like Office 365, G-Suite, Sharepoint and Jira. So whether you need to find files, work together or track issues, you can get it all done in one place. Through Workplace, we want to help teams of any size to move faster and achieve more together.

Workplace by Facebook Details
German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese

Workplace by Facebook allows you to use Facebook tools to interact with co-workers.

Workplace by Facebook enables two-way conversations, not top-down communications, and democratizes employee culture. This gives everyone a voice, from the CEO to the newest intern, and for both desk-bound and mobile workers. Workplace builds connections between people, not org charts, reducing the distance and enhancing culture so they can work better, smarter, and faster together.

Workplace is easy to use and a highly engaging platform, because it's based on familiar Facebook features like News Feed, Groups and Chat. Unlike competitor products, Workplace can be deployed quickly, with no training required.

With Workplace you only pay for monthly active users, making long term license agreements a thing of the past.

Facebook
@Facebook
13,311,004 Twitter followers
79,679 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Facebook's mission is to make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what's going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

Workplace by Facebook Screenshots

Workplace by Facebook Reviews

Showing 1,553 Workplace by Facebook reviews
Showing 1,553 reviews
Already have Workplace by Facebook?
Open Discussions in Workplace by Facebook
What do you like best?

The workplace is a very good place because our all team members are work together. There is no friend request send or accept option all team members friend each other. We can work with all team members and share data with all team members. There is no other person only our team members allow. We can share all types of documents and chat with our team members. it is the same as the main Facebook account. The account on the workplace by FB is only for our team members other members are not allowed so our company data, not leaked. We can share all types of documents with our team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We managed two accounts one is a workplace account other one is the main FB account that is the reason us not like the workplace by FB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can share documents our all team members in the workplace. we can work with all team members in the workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Workplace by Facebook is a nice tool for the organisations having large number of employees or offices at different locations. It help discuss, share or update on various projects or tasks. Make decisions using polls. Internal discussion of a team under different groups. Sharing files or documents directly via workplace is very easy task. Very helpful while working from home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are offering various other services for communications like voice calls or video calling services, we have used it several times, but it's not quite useful like other famous apps for similar purpose. They do not provide any dashboard or something like that for the organisation to see all the employees at one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool similar to facebook but just for the employees of your organisation, go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Workplace by Facebook while working from home during this pandemic period. It really help in non verbal discussions, files sharing, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform is so similar to Facebook and everyone is so used to Facebook that adopting Workplace seems like a no effort. We use it for internal announcements, townhall updates, celebrations, events and sharing customer updates.

What I like the most is having groups which can be kept open or closed and then using them as separate break-out zones; and in the whole pandemic hit situation, they seem to help a lot.

I almost always use Workplace on web because that is where I spend most of my working time (on a PC), but I've also used the Android app, and it too offers a similar and equally capable experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. There isn't much to dislike. Workplace serves the purpose very well that we are using it for. Although, it being a Facebook product, I am always concerned about privacy; however it being a professional paid product, it supposedly takes care of these things better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engagement, collaboration, announcements, games, events, Fantasy Sports leagues, company-wide celebrations, new employee welcoming, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing is the simple machine setup of the workplace. To build a workspace, you only need to fill in your company email address. It provides a familiar user interface that allows people to use the platform. The interface is smooth, simple and comfortable and allows staff to interact comfortably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is not some project collaboration tool. I acknowledge that this is not the main purpose, but it can provide better interactive functionality following the project since it is a professional edition. Besides, it might also sometimes leads to distraction within team members due to frequent content updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The overall experience has been outstanding. The Workplace by Facebook has been a cool place to discuss every day working in a team from a remote location during this pandemic situation instead of using mundane office software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AWS Educate core team member
What do you like best?

We use this platform to share documents, data plus a great place to collaborate and talk with each other because it's really basic and simple to use, we can share data or information across the organization very fastly. It has most of the features we require on a daily basis in the communication of the organization. We can also work easily remotely at home and stay super-fast connected.

I love the dark theme option which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am using it daily and personally, I didn't face any issue or problem with Workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the workplace to communicate and collab with other organizations, it's a professional social media platform tool so that we can engage fast and internally. We can connect to the entire team's establishments based on their specific task. By providing the resources, almost every one of our employees can easily use and navigate this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Advisor
What do you like best?

As I like Facebook, I like the layout, the simplicity and the structure. Very easy to use the pages, to post, to comment, to upload videos, pics, etc, basically consider Facebook but a social tool in your company, that's exactly the same! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personally there is nothing I dislike about Workplace by Facebook, or at least until now I didn't find anything wrong, so far so good. I am a new user, started to use since last June but honestly nothing to declare wrong about Workplace by Facebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this social tool for all the reasons I have mentioned before, helps to stay connected within all the people of your company, no matter where they are, I recommend because is great to have social life with other employees especially during this pandemic times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company is a worldwide company with over 12k employees, so to have a social tool like this is a plus. You have everything in one dash, all the groups, the depts, people from every offices, from every depts, and the benefits is connection and union at a fingertip. If I have a question, I have answers in a matter of seconds, tips, advice, help, everything there, very great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director - Research & Development | Site Reliability Manager
What do you like best?

Everyone is so used to Facebook, so using Workplace is very easy and intuitive. The platform allows creating different groups loaded with engagement and collaboration capabilities.

The integration with other tools is also great like our Rewards and recognition system, Azure AD, org structure, etc.

We previously used Yammer, and Workplace is way better, offers much more functionality, and is quite capable on the web, mobile, and native apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I will actually have to nitpick here because the tool overall is just so great.

The screen space utilization on the web interface is not good and there is too little space used for the most meaningful part - the actual content feed! This can definitely be improved.

The mobile app is resource hogging and takes up a lot of memory sitting in the background but the devices are quite capable these days, so not that big of a challenge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Announcements, Podcasts, Employee onboarding and welcoming, Celebration events, Gamification, Polls, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The chat. My organisation have added all employees to Workplace. This makes it easy to get in touch with them via the chat service. Especially helpful if you do not have their personal contact details and require their assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the navigation. It isn’t always clear where you need to go to find something specific. I feel they could make the interface slightly simpler, allowing for easier searches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication and openness. By using Workplace, we are able to communicate with each other as a team much more easier than before. We are also kept informed with business news and plans - our HR and management team post updates regularly (even more helpful if you’ve been working from home or have been furloughed for the last 10 months). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our team members use of workplace by FB to connect to each other in one place. We can share company data in the workplace by FB so our data safety is very good because this platform access only our team members in one place. Workplace by FB access only our team member and all staff there is very good for us. Tools of the workplace by FB is very easy anyone can access the easy way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main problem in the workplace by FB is we can handle two FB account one is a workplace account and another is our main FB account the problem we face. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team members use the workplace by FB because our all members and staff are there in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Creating groups and providing exclusive access to specific members.

Ease of sharing media in the groups

Conducting polls/survey.

Having online conferences across the organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my experience of extensively using the tool, I have never come across any disadvantages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a wonderful tool and of great potential just if you know how to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the main benefits we are having is training people on different technologies by creating groups on Workplace. We have designed a whole new approach of training by sharing video tutorials and easy to understand documents by uploading it to the groups. Anyone that wants access must take up a pre-test, complete training by watching videos and making use of documents in a fixed duration and complete a post assessment to graduate on the technology. This method of training has given mind-blowing results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Controller
What do you like best?

I am using this software at my work and it is so convenient to use. It has desktop software plus a phone app where you can access your work chat anywhere anytime. They have also included audio and video calling in software which an add on. You can send messages, files or any work related documents via this chat. the best part I like about this software is you can search your past chat by searching a keyword and you can see your chat there. It is good software for internal messaging without being formal to your collogues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like this app and software both as I use them everyday for my work so there is nothing I don't like about it. The only thing I don't like which is also a good thing the message keeps on popping in red until I see it or open it, so it shows me my unread messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I recommend Workplace by Facebook to all the companies or businesses who need internal messaging and also it is cost effective for any number of users. You should try this software for your internal messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is messaging or texting software for all our company employees. We connect through this app even though the person is in other location. We can make our team groups by adding people who are required to discuss our issues. It is an engaging platform for all. We can share files and documents within our texting conversation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President
What do you like best?

The best thing is this space is created specifically for professionals or organisations run for specific purpose or event. So it's a place to talk about work, maybe gossip about it too which normally becomes too unsocial in normal Facebook accounts or Instagram. But this place is the best for such topics detached from the general social life. Also its a great medium of communication of notices or instructions or any small changes in events or timings etc. Very user friendly for such kind of communication which may take a while to reach people by email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsides are its lack of newness to it. It feels like a totally typical Facebook product with few minor changes. It's just merchandising for more SKUs. There should be more fun element added related to different sectors of business or charitable organisations or schools or colleges or tutorials etc etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please make it more sectoral specific with sectoral emoticons and suggestions. I think a lot can be done to change the whole structuring of Workplace By Facebook Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best part I realised about this is that it has helped me connect with the colleagues of the NGO I'm attached to. This provides me various information about the activities that are being carried out at different parts of the city on different days or ocassions. So I'm able to connect or sometimes even join them in the such a happy ocassion to help the needy or fight for a cause which otherwise or any normal social media platform would have been boring or most probably irritating. So Workplace By Facebook has helped to solve that by keeping two different things separate from each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which I can use Workplace to send messages to colleagues, let them know what I have on my plate for the day, and ask them for real-time collaboration and feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't go back and edit messages. If you make a typo or some other minor error, you completely have to delete the message which makes it look like you never intended to send that message at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of remote collaboration. We have realized that we can be virtual and still do a ton of collaboration from our own office spaces at home rather than being in person in the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

In our company we use workplace by Facebook among the across organization. It is very well suited solution where we do internal online communication within the organization. it help us to keep connected with out collogues and HR announcement in a very easy and familiar way. workplace Facebook also allow us to chat with our office friends. sharing data within chat group and also we can post our live updates about project or any new learning on our profile where everyone can see in internally. Most of the employee are uploading their thoughts regularly and our HR also spend most of time in workplace any about new updates about company policy or any other related things. on Workplace we can also create open and closed group and add different people with different departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of our employees are using for just waste of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Workplace is perfect solution for large organization who facing issue to sharing updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my department we generally use this platform for share data and documents with each other via Workplace by Facebook because everyone can see all the details very easily. so we can share data or information with across the organization within few minutes. it improve our efficiency within every department everyone can easily know anything about organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Research Manager
What do you like best?

The idea of making a group with clients is perfect. Facilitating internal and external communication is very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The arrangement of messaging needed great improvement. It easily gets messy. Mentioning people in messages is essential to inform them and sometimes people easily miss important messages. Replying to messages need improvement. It is not easy to reply to a certain message when you are in the same thread and discussion. Sharing file via WP is not rapidly take place and during the attachment for 1-2 second the attach file get disappear and its a bit tricky which need to wait and make sure that it is going to send your data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would wait for the later improvements and updated versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is facilitating some of my projects with the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use it for the workplace with our team members. This is work as well as the main Facebook there is one thing that is different, there is no friend request sent option is available all team members are friends in their company domain. We can share documents with our team members in the workplace. This is very good for our all team members are work in one place and share their strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We work with two account one is a workplace account and another is a simple account Facebook account this is not good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team members are work in one place and solve the company problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.