Workplace by Facebook

Workplace by Facebook

4.0

Workplace by Facebook allows you to use Facebook tools to interact with co-workers.

Work for Workplace by Facebook?

Learning about Workplace by Facebook?

Workplace by Facebook Reviews

Ask Workplace by Facebook a Question
Showing 894 Workplace by Facebook reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Workplace by Facebook
Dung H.

"Same functions as facebook. Easy to contact people, easy to post"

What do you like best?

Same functions as facebook. Easy to contact people, easy to post.

Can update information about everything in the company fast.

Can use for both work and have fun

Can use and repleace some applications to cut down the cost and save money for the company

What do you dislike?

A little bit hard to keep tracking, especially with files, threads (if have too many threads and a file has many versions)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is a good solution to use. Of course, you cannot expect you to have everything working perfectly on one product, but you should try.

Easy to communicate for a team, especially if comparing with sending emails back and forth

Easy to catch up with announcements from the company

Easy to update info and find a colleague

Reduce the number of applications which need to install on computer

Can install easily even with mobile devices

Can use with external network (not only inside the company's network)

What Internal Communications solution do you use?

Katie O.

"Boost to office morale"

What do you like best?

I love that it's a sight just for those in my work place. I felt like it greatly boosted team morale. It also helped me stay connected to what was going on in other departments, not just my own.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a few too many notifications. It's probably just glitchy but it seems like it's not picking up that Ive already viewed and clearing my notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool for inter office communication. But this is also an amazing tool for boosting team morale and team spirit. It's been great for our office to be able to see what is going on with other departments. We've done work stuff, but also fun stuff too.

We are solving team morale issues. Getting a chance to see what is going on with other coworkers, not just in at work, but home too makes for a much healthier, better connected work environment. It also really helped with communication with in the team. It wasn't just a few people getting the updates, now everyone across the board can know what is going on

vinay k.

"Best portable office workplace # Fun"

What do you like best?

Workplace at Facebook is one of the major impacting initiatives taken by FB. Now no more need of work place to manage things. A gift for persons who need to start up , with no infrastructure cost. FB provides complete platform where team share build develop ask and work as a team. Communication options are available like chat share audio video calls.

What do you dislike?

There are many such developer options which are not changed , some time it is hurdle for developer and development. The rapid changing versions of workplace raise some compatibility issues which need attention. Security is very big issue , as verification of user is simple and no hard security.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to review some of the security issues also need to work on compatibility issues. The GUI need improvement, mobile support need to be improved and GUI for mobile working need major improvements. Must include options of demanding interested users.

The major problem of infrastructure and recruiting staff will skills and management. All these problems are solved as with Workplace we create our best team and no matter where the person is, flexible workplace and time.

Easy to manage learn and develop the code.

Christopher K.

"For Non Profits this is a god send."

What do you like best?

We are zombie slaves to facebook anyway, so the idea to turn its format into a company communication platform is amazing. There is so much you can do with it and for non-profit organizations, they offer it free.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of people out there that are afraid of Facebook stealing all of our data. Any sort of conspiracy type of person may be reluctant to use the product and so an alternative may be needed. Kind of like how school lunches need to offer a vegan meal now. I have not had that problem with my work but I can see it happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a bit of research first before committing but I can not see any downside. Everyone is already familiar with the format and there training is very step by step and support is great.

people are actually talking to each other. I am using it to destroy the power dynamic that kills ideas from being freely shared. Plus people get credit for their originality and it's far harder to steal others ideas when its in writing on a general chat page. There is so much more to discover.

Daniela F.

"The excellence of Workplace"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt it is one of the best options among so many in the world, this social network has led me to meet many people in my company, we have managed to interact in a work and personal way, it is very similar to Facebook, even better because it has no advertising that is bothering every moment. You can do many things, including those that I use more is the fact of being able to post news or strategies for much faster dissemination of information, just enter the beginning of workplace and see the news of your colleagues or companies added. It helps a lot in business production by the quick way in which information can be disseminated.

What do you dislike?

Well, really so far, I have not had problems with the social network, rather I am still delighted with the performance of that application, I think it came to stay, is purely business so one manages to stay focused on what corresponds, no distractions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the best creations of Mark Zuckerberg if what you need is to connect your workers so that they know each other, without any doubt this is an excellent tool. For the simple fact of being a social network makes everything easier to use, is intuitive, so identical to Facebook. I highly recommend it.

Without any doubt the change that the telephone company has had with the arrival of this social network is remarkable, since the technical support managed to implement it, the staff has shown more empathy between them, we have managed to relate better, more in line with the current context that is basically based on achieving better interaction between the members of the company so that in meeting the objectives set by the company are carried out in a more friendly among workers. Every day we arrive and open the social network and see what's new to start the day in the best possible way.

Mandy W.

"Great tool to connect with co-workers"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Workplace by Facebook is that I can do everything including creating events, sharing information, making comments to other co-workers at my company. The second feature that I like the best is all about the interface and platform. There are very familiar to the majority of end users, allows for large scale adoption and increased use acceptance. Users can start using Workplace by Facebook with zero training and very effective for online and instant communication at workplace.

What do you dislike?

The downside of using Workplace by Facebook is about company confidential. Even though its feature allows users to share and update information, I still concern if our information couldn't be secured. Beside that, I don't have anything to complaint about. I would spend more time to explore more features using Workplace by Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have used it to share really important links that help us acquire better research materials

Even though I concern about its security, I still admit that using Workplace by Facebook can help our communication among co-workers more effective and updated by creating different group and different department.

Huong N.

"Good Experience with Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

It has been very easy to use it in our office because everyone knows how this social network is managed. In this sense, we definitely can save a lot of time and money. Fully complies with functions that we generally take advantage of in my company because we have been able to create groups, create events, share files, videos, pictures and making instant and direct calls. In the same way, Workplace by Facebook has this tool which allows us to communicate with other suppliers around the world.

What do you dislike?

We don't have automatically language translation feature yet and we would like to have this for the company since we are dealing with customers around the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would recommend potential clients to develop a strategy designed to take advantage of this software from the labor point of view.

- Improve customer relations and customer service

- Improve compliance & risk management

- Create internal/operational efficiencies

Pavithra R.

""Very good connectivity platform in any organisation to get new updates""

What do you like best?

Live Video enables users to broadcast live directly from their mobile and receive real-time feedback in the form of comments and reactions.

The News Feed is a scrolling stream of posts that uses Facebook's machine learning algorithms to keep people up to date with relevant company announcements.

roups are shared collaboration spaces where people can upload documents, leave comments, manage projects, and get work done with colleagues.

Workplace enables people to collaborate with external teams, partners or suppliers from within their Workplace account using secure and private groups, chats, and video calls.

Workplace Chat is an instant messaging tool that allows text, voice calls or video conferencing with up to 50 colleagues.

What do you dislike?

No Least for this, I Would rather suggest that, to those who haven't tried it, this is really a must try software.

I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution.

Data privacy is still a question mark... although, there are no ads here, I don't think FB will be using our data for other channels of revenue

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommendation this to others as it is having more advanced features than the other Tools.

It is very helpful to communicate with our fellow colleagues.

It helps to be updated on whats happening in an organisation.

With workplace i created a network of work with my colleagues and we kept in touch with each other, this has greatly improved our team work and our professional performance and super easy to communicate/coordinate projects with coworkers. I love you can create groups of just certain people. Creating events is also great for when you have meetings, etc.

It is Facebook for work - so I see so much engagement across our various global teams - we are starting to share work things with people, we have actually used the collaboration function to create documents together, and I get to see pictures from others - really, it's all the great things Facebook is for work!

Sarah B.

"Great communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like the easiness of using this software. Its very user friendly, and if you're familiar with Facebook it is very easy to use. The program is basically the same thing as facebook so its very easy to navigate, and communicate with users. I like the fact as well that you can see how long ago they were active on the system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to sent an out of office if you're away for an extended amount of time (sick day, vacation), or way to let people know you're unreachable (ie meeting, or presentation) so that people aren't waiting for a reply for an extended amount of time if something is needed urgently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great system once you get the hang of it.

Its an easy way to communicate with co workers, and its convenient that everything is in one place (Name, office location, phone number, desk location, city worked out of, and role in the company)

Ryan S.

"Its just ok, and not exceptiopnal where it needs it most"

What do you like best?

It is affordable for a company social platform at $3 a user per month, and with chat included which adds to the value (though the chat isnt as good as purpose built options like slack exc.)

it makes for a great platform to make company internal announcements.

Facebook live integrates with our video conferencing system, Bluejeans, making webinars and events easy.

What do you dislike?

It really is just a port of facebook minus the ads, and just for your company and it lacks the integrations that we would expect from an enterprise app.

The chat is horrible, the notifications are awful and on the mac desktop app dont even use the built in notification system, instead using an in-app version. It also has no integration with things like google drive. Finally we cant segment users in the chat, making it so that anyone can contact anyone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it out, it is not a one size fit all. We are having some serious buyers remorse and poor adoption because it wasn't a perfect fit for us

We needed a place where anyone could post as we restricted posing permissions to email distros to avoid the dreaded reply all chains. this allows people to still communicate as groups without cluttering inboxes

Rich T.

"Needs more attention to be useful but has potential"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is backed by facebook, which provides the confidence that this product will continue to be supported into the future (unless it fails like Google+).

What do you dislike?

It's just not there yet. We were looking for more of a minor task management platform that allowed us to get off of facebook messenger group chat and better organize our thoughts and plans. We, instead, are still using Google Docs. We'd really like to use this but it doesn't offer much that Slack or Quip offer.

We tried for a bit to get this to work for us so that we could stop using Facebook messenger and better organize our thoughts, plans, and tasks, but it doesn't really have a lot to offer to get us off of facebook messenger.

Andrés Alberto A.

"Integra partners from different countries"

What do you like best?

Literally connects almost everyone in the company, we do not know all employees and it is almost impossible to know us but having everyone in the workplace, we have an idea of who is who and what their functions are. The co-workers know and connect with each other in an easier and convenient way.

In addition we can know what they are working in another country and how we can integrate what they are doing in ours. Undoubtedly it is a perfect way to connect people from the same company.

When they told me that if I knew this application that belonged to Facebook, I doubted it too, but it really surprised me.

What do you dislike?

It needs more collaboration functions, that is, collaboration and project management. Since it really works in a way to meet people but it could be something bigger and more impressive. The features are a FaceBook for work, and that's it.

The implementation has been very weak since no one knows that there is a corporate facebook called workplace that works like facebook. I think they should do more publicity and try not to just meet people but have more tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it a lot. Everything that helps you connect with other people in different parts of the world is good

It is a great platform to connect with new colleagues who are in different countries and are from the same company. We can also share daily updates and information through this platform but only up there.

I recommend it for other companies that have headquarters in different countries that is not a platform to discuss business issues but to know what they are doing in the other headquarters and who are the people who work in it.

Miley V.

"Easy Environment to share thoughts and ideas with co-workers "

What do you like best?

I personally love this product. Workplace by Facebook works exactly as you are expected. Our teams are often in the field for different projects and this product keeps us close together and give the best ability work and collaborate within our company.

What do you dislike?

It's actually a good product and very good at mobile version; however, sometimes, I'm still struggling opening my profile. It keeps just spinning, not loading even though our internet connection is very fast. I hope they can fix this as soon as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best fit for your company so I would recommend it.

Once of the best benefits of this Workplace by FB is Unlimited file, photo and video storage for our company. They have different languages support so that we can communicate with our buyers from oversea at no problem.

Elynn S.

"Great Connection within the Company"

What do you like best?

it literally connects almost everyone in the company, it is convenient for larger companies as we do not tend to know all the employees, but by having everyone on workplace, we kinda have a clue on who is who and what are their roles. co-workers get to know and connect with each other in an easier and convenient manner.

What do you dislike?

nothing much. just that the new posts does not show up on the dashboard. you need to click in the created groups to look back on the past posts. it would be better if the posts are shown on a timeline basis rather than popularity basis. it would be easier to track on information or post shared earlier by co-workers

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is a great platform to connect with new and old co-workers. we also get to share daily updates and information through this platform.

we are using workplace by facebook as a platform to connect to co-workers. a lot of important information and office functions are also shared and discussed on the platform. the greatest benefit is of course getting to connect to one another, especially getting to know new and old colleagues.

Jon H.

"Workplace is Just Another Facebook, Don´t Expect PM Tools"

What do you like best?

While the title says it´s blasé, I do like the fact that it operates and feels like Facebook. It´s familiarity makes it easier to use. It does keep work drama off personal ¨social¨ FaceBook, which is a big plus for project teams and call centers. I´ve used polls, discussions for creatives, status updates, and status of peers to be available for communication. We work remotely in five locations, three states, which made seamless cloud a must.

What do you dislike?

It needs more collaboration features like collaboration and project management. If I didn´t have to use something like Asana, it would help a lot. The features are a FaceBook for work, and that´s about it. Our feature implementation was weak, there weren´t many to use. We were better off just with Instant Message and Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider that if you have Chatter (SalesForce) or other collaboration implementations, you don´t need WorkPlace unless you want to socially communicate off of the ¨social¨ personal FaceBook. It is featureless for project management or progress tracking, and really disappointed us.

I looked for coordination of projects. What I had was a way to share concept art. Beyond that, it really isn´t highly functional other than hiding projects from mutual non-FaceBook friends. It does move any work drama off FaceBook, and keeps my competitors in mutual circles from seeing anything we work on. Sales Training and Consulting is collaborative, but a bad break with our former employers made secrecy a necessity.

Kate S.

"My experience with Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

I like that this program really helps to cultivate a social atmosphere in the workplace. It makes it much more fun to get to know coworkers when you have an electronic platform which to connect on. I used this program as a summer intern this summer, and found that Workplace by Facebook made it easier to connect to other interns in my local office, as well as across the country and world! One of my favorite aspects about Workplace by Facebook was the ability to follow pages within my own company. My company has a company pets and company twins page, and I thought that this was such a neat idea in order to make a more friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the work place, allowing for an easier flow of ideas and positive communication between coworkers.

What do you dislike?

My biggest qualm with this program is the amount of notifications that I receive. I get probably 7-8 emails per day with "updates", and even though I click "unsubscribe" on the emails, I still receive emails from a different category (apparently the unsubscribe button only works for specific categories of posts, and you have to go in and manually unsubscribe from everything to stop receiving emails).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend others to really get involved in Workplace by Facebook! It is definitely one of those products where the more effort you put into using it actively, the more you get out of it.

I have realized the benefit of improved communication in my place of work.

타샤 렌 .

"Great inner office Facebook page"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is viewable only within the office and not through other social media entities.

What do you dislike?

You can't copy pictures that you want to use for future use and/or be able to share with others through other social media entities. Especially pictures you post yourself.

Instead of constantly sending emails to make announcements, WBF is that outlet to use. Announcements of promotions and/or group events can be posted. Also it is a great place to have an inner office yard sale per se when people can sell their used or new items. You can also use the chat features to communicate with people with again not using email all the time. All postings are in real time so when there is a surplus of food in the breakroom, people will know immediately.

Destiny C.

"Workplace is great tool for multi-departmental businesses"

What do you like best?

I love that it is exactly like facebook if it were only groups. So you have great flexibility in what you see and don't see. I work in vacation rentals, so there is sales, guest services, maintenance, property service managers, and marketing. But then there are groups created like "Social Post" "Photos To Share" "Health Club" and others that help all departments come together!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if you can or not, but there are certain people I would prefer to block, but that wouldn't be conducive to the point of workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have inter-department issues where you feel like there is a disconnect or confusion, this will iron it out quickly! It's easy to not know how much a person's job affects the company until you see how it affects you! That is easy to see on workplace.

Receiving and sending messages that are inter-departmental. Someone may not check their email often. But a message on workplace chat can be seen easily.

I also really like that it helps me feel connected to people I might not see often, but I know are valuable part of the company.

Tirthak P.

"Never underestimate the power of facebook !! Best thing you will get :)"

What do you like best?

Firstly it is the product from facebook so man !! Everything is best. You will not feel regret even if you choose to have this for small period.

Support team is also there for us which help us in workplace regarding any query of yours.

Go ahead if have a big team and make pages and groups. Everything you can do using this. even you will have access to free video and audio calls using workchat.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is to be disliked.. you will get everything fantastic..No other hassle in platform iot is simple and well planned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to all the company head who need their team on the board and also want them to be live on a best platform.

So from my side just go ahead.

Here at our organisation we use it for our team. We collaborate there and manage our work. See others report and check the status and post our success stories.

Benefits-

- You can create your page.

- you have personal groups.

- You can manage team using Admin panel

- Everything on your finger tips

Muhammad J.

"Social Media Professtional "

What do you like best?

Toward digitization its connects us to new Technologies, we are using it on our organization analyze that Facebook is digital social media web app to connect each other in very short period of time ,

we had spend a lot of time on it

What do you dislike?

Workplace is some time running slow may be there is need to be some updation needed on server, but you can say that its connect you everywhere any time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Guyz,

I am highly Recommendations to use this Web social Media in your Organization, You can use easily and its very GOOD use for Socialization

It Connects to each other in very limited time frame, and through digitization it help us to goes modern frame work

Christopher G.

"Just like my personal facebook!"

What do you like best?

I love that I didn't feel like I had to learn a whole new system. Everything works just like personal Facebook does, but, of course, it's only seen by people I work with. I love the ability to be a part of different groups, being able to chat with my coworkers online instead of having to send an email or buzz them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that it required 2 new programs on my phone. I had to download the Workplace app, and the Workplace chat app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE IT! It makes communication so great for offices with 50+ people, and isn't tied to your personal facebook.

Communication has never been better in our office. We can post things to different groups, get answers to questions quickly, and we are able to keep each other updated on changes, issues, etc. with different properties we rent.

Adrian P.

"A somewhat bleak experience"

What do you like best?

I liked that you have the option to create group pages. As alternative to channels and threads they do have some added value. Group chats are possible as stand alone or tied to a group page. There is a dedicated mobile and desktop app.

What do you dislike?

All notifications are on by default, you get a lot of emails at first and you have to turn them off. Sometimes the messages were not updated in the browser tab or desktop app, a refresh was necessary to get new messages. The user experienced seems fragmented, too bulky and not fully unified into a more focused business communication tool. By giving a lot of options and trying to offer a Facebook like interface it becomes tiring. I did not find any use for having a personal page that others ca follow, just ads in complexity. Unfortunately image files sent over the chat get compressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, give it a go and leave feedback on the app.

We tried it as alternative to Slack to solve our internal communication. Our company tried Workplace but engagement was low as the interface was not liked by the employees in general so we used Chat Hangouts from Google since we all already have Gsuite accounts.

Kamal K.

"Better and Customized social tool for companies"

What do you like best?

Send your messages to any group of people in the company as it does not need to send a friend request to your coworker. Seamless interaction and communication with the colleagues. Send private messages to anyone in the company in just a click. It also provides a customized app which is light weighted and opens very easily, it does not take time like the original facebook app. You can also use audio and video chat with this application.

What do you dislike?

It is a nice app by facebook and i like it. I will recommend to enhance it in more different way than facebook as it does give feeling of facebook ultimately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nice application. Great start by facebook to go inside offices and corporate.

Communication and information sharing.

Hari P.

"Workplace - Efficient social site to get relaxed"

What do you like best?

The ability to like share comment and engage the employees between others in friendly way. One the best I like about workplace is the application on our mobile. It is very easy to co-ordinate with our colleges and sharing thoughts with our product. Communications and appreciations can be shared within our co workers and getting motivated is very inspirational in social way.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I like this tool very much and cannot find any dislikes in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Users who are all using workplace at your office, please try downloading the application on your smart device and experience the best. Once we start using workplace you will get easily into it and it is the best social site for workers which all can use at any time.

It helps out in reaching all the teams easily if we post a comment in General.

It also helps us in creating a close relationship with the employees and even it is very useful in sharing our thoughts to the other peoples who work out of different branches

"Helpful for Workplace Communication"

What do you like best?

Workplace makes it easy to stay in the loop with what's going on in the company and connect with your co-workers. My favorite is the facebook-like interface that makes it easy to understand. The ability to make various groups within it as well is beneficial! This enables different departments, etc to be able to communicate among themselves with information that's not necessary for others.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the facebook-like algorithm can hide recent posts if they're not liked or commented on much. While this helps popular posts stay at the top, sometimes other important, but less interacted-with posts can get missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! I'ts incredibly helpful and user-friendly. Since it's the same interface as facebook, it doesn't take very long to get used to it. Easy-access and navigation. The workplace chat application also aids tremendously in co-worker communication.

It's created efficiency within our company, leaving out the miscommunication of emails or texts. It's amazing to have all the announcements, information, and communication in one place.

Prashant D.

"Workplace Social Tool Review"

What do you like best?

Easy integration with company authentication method like Single Sign on method. Workplace is a Good source of information for all the company related news. Ability to ping anyone in the company and chat directly. Mobile app present for workplace to talk people on the go. Searching co-workers and the organisation chart are nice features.

What do you dislike?

Need effective use by everyone actively to enjoy this tool. Need to improve more on UI portion as it gives you feel of facebook. This idea of using facebook restricts many people from using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a new tool in our company but people has started liking it slowly. Worth to give a try.

Communication and company related information at one centralized place.

Durga Prasad N.

"Relaxing tool at work"

What do you like best?

It helps us to communicate and share our thoughts within the organisation by providing various features that are available in Facebook with privacy and security only with our colleagues. The achievements in our work can be shared and appreciated in this social tool. Which helps us to boost up with our great work.

Team meetings and updates can be informed instantly with one single message to total organisation.

What do you dislike?

I am not at all disappointed about this tool at any point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to connect with Co-workers, Feedback about the products can be shared, Presentations and celebrations at our office can be shared with your colleagues, Email communications can be reduced and time can be saved.

Easy communication, can create separate groups for our teams and can share the updates and the pics of our team outings. Tagging our co-workers from other teams and making fun. Overall a great social tool to use at our WORK (Office) PLACE.

Corbin S.

"Workplace is the way to go for daily communication with co-workers. "

What do you like best?

The messenger function is essential to my daily work routine. I also love the updates that I receive when customer service (for the company I work for) responds to issues with clients. The updates keep me in the loop with any errors with my work.

What do you dislike?

I wish there wouldn't always be the need for uploading an image for my profile. Even if there was an option for random images then that would be nice (maybe there is?).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this program as the only program to communicate with your peers. It has chat, video, updates, and probably a ton more that I have yet to discover.

Tons. If not for Workplace, I would be communicating via text/facebook messenger/skype. Workplace is a combination of all those and without the unwanted messages from friends while I am working.

Brittany R.

"Business for Facebook"

What do you like best?

I like that my whole company has moved over to workplace. So instead of having different private groups on Facebook, (which there still are some team groups) we are now able to have open groups/chats/pages with workplace to answer business questions without the interruption of everyday Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was link or place that you could click to switch over to workplace super easy from your personal Facebook.

Since our business is on the cloud. And I work from home...being able to get onto workplace and see conversations about things I need help with is beneficial. I am also able to ask and questions that pertains to my real estate business to others in the company around the world on workplace. It’s very convenient to get answer back quickly. As I’ve compared to posting on workplace and regular Facebook. Much quicker. Also seeing news/updates from a broker or tech people through workplace is very quick as well. Great concept!!

Vyankatesh J.

"Great to stay in touch with current affairs of the company "

What do you like best?

1. Can make the groups department wise

2. Queries resolve ASAP.

3. Can share screen shots.

4. Issue is read by a specific group and not those who are not related to the field.

5. We get a synopsis of whats going on overall and what problems other colleagues are facing.

6. Work chat makes communication easy from person to person

7. I use work chat more often as I can discuss matters with my colleagues person to person and seek advice .

What do you dislike?

1. Screen sharing not possible.

2. Ticket system would make it great as it will help to keep track of the solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good place to stay updated company wise at one place and all the company affairs sum up in one app.

1. It is gets to read company announcements

2. can acquire info about the ongoing and upcoming projects.

3. Receive updates about any current technology which might be helpful or harmful in the near future

Roustem K.

"Useful communication tool for our company"

What do you like best?

At AgileBits we are using both Workplace and Slack. While nothing could be Slack for real-time chat, Workplace is much better suited for announcements and discussions that could span several days and even weeks. It helps that comments are threaded and it is possible to reply to a specific comment instead of the entire post.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that could use more work. For example, it is not that easy to format posts and if you forgot to specify that you were using Markdown then the entire post has to be recreated. Also, it is not possible to use Markdown formatting in the comments.

The timeline still confuses most of us. It is not clear why some post appear and some posts do not appear on the timeline. There are just too many smarts, it would be more effective if timeline was always chronological and included all posts from the groups I follow. I ended up using just the notification popup to keep track of the new posts and comments, which is not ideal.

We use different groups to communicate within teams. We also have a single Announcement group for company-wide announcements.

Most of our company is remote and in many different timezones. Workplace helps us to communicate asynchronously — some of the discussions take place over several weeks.

Nikola G.

"Profesional y útil para el trabajo"

What do you like best?

Lo que más valoro es que tiene las funciones que usamos en el día a día (socialmente hablando) pero que su uso es básicamente es de trabajo, por lo tanto me ayuda a estar concentrado y saber que las notificaciones que recibo son solo por motivos laborales. Muy fácil de usar y de recomendar, ha sido sencillo implantarlo en el ámbito laboral. Mucha gente ya lo usa en el ámbito laboral.

What do you dislike?

No he encontrado nada que me sea negativo para el uso que le he dado.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Su uso es muy formal y efectivo. Recomendable para uso laboral.

Estar comunicados de manera efectiva, siendo una plataforma muy cómoda y fácil de usar para todos los empleados y los vinculados (proveedores y clientes). Muy recomendable para ofrecer en el trabajo.

David F.

"Familiar territory offers substantial benefit"

What do you like best?

The Facebook platform remains one of the most recognizable user interface is on the market today. This familiarity no doubt have a positive ROI for companies looking to implement this across their organization . I found that you can accomplish a lot of tasks and keep everyone on the same page with this easy to use program. What Facebook is offering it’s truly exceptional for the workplace.

What do you dislike?

The one area that I believe they could use a little bit of work on would be the task management scheduling future in terms of calendaring out and following along the progress on each project. However, this is not a reason to dismiss this software

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like all other software decisions, know exactly what you were looking to Saul before selecting the software. Facebook offers a wonderful product however it is still in its infancy stages so don’t expect a fully operational and blown out program to meet all your needs. However the one outstanding feature with this program- everyone will know how to use it and that will save a substantial amount of money in training and on boarding expenses.

Team management on a project basis and internal communications are the two main objectives looking to be solved. Facebook does a mavelous job at both and for a fair price point.

Udhaya K.

"Official Facebook tool to share, like, comment within our work place"

What do you like best?

It is a best place to share our thoughts with other colleagues, assign tasks to the team in the group.

This tool helps us is socializing with other employees in the organization, if a new member joins the office then he/she will take time to communicate with other personally but Workplace helps them by interacting through this tool and ensures the gap between the teams are minimized.

What do you dislike?

I personally need more features that we have in the actual Facebook so that we can spend even more time on Workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a tool that could help your employees in building a good relationship between others then this workplace will serve the purpose.

It helps us in monitoring the activities of the employees and assigning tasks to them over the groups. Also makes the work environment

It is very helpful for us in building a good and healthy relationship within the business.

Also we use the tool to share our daily activities and the celebrations that are done in the office so that other team members who reside in other parts of the world can know what we do or what we celebrate in various branches of the company.

Jordan D.

"An excellent company intranet and comms platform "

What do you like best?

I love the group feature. Workplace groups feel like little online communities, and it fosters great communication. What's nice about Workplace is that it brings all of the fun social features about the Facebook platform into a professional setting. There's virtually no learning curve involved, because really everyone intuitively understands how the platform works. The mobile app is fantastic, and it doen't just feel like another social media platform to check. It really feels like it's enhancing my experience at work.

What do you dislike?

We've experienced some text field bugs, and I wish there were more robust chat features (ie: desktop app).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of groups. It's an excellent way to foster communities at work. Turn on desktop notifications, as you may miss a lot of activity otherwise. Definitely use the mobile application, as it is a terrific companion app. My company pushed Workplace as a way to aggregate our many communications channel, but I don't think they pushed hard enough, so it has become an additional channel. I think the best way to implement this is to ditch your other services (Slack, etc) and go full on with Workplace. Otherwise, it can just sort of feel like just another app to check.

Intra-company comms have improved a lot. As a global business, communications have always been a pain point. To have everyone in the global network on one platform has shortened the distance between countries. I've gotten to know a lot more of my coworkers through the platform.

Ivan M.

"Social networking for remote teams done right"

What do you like best?

For making group and team announcements, it's very well suited for that. I regularly share links and articles with my colleagues and I can be sure these will not be lost. The social algorithm makes sure my posts are seen and not lost in the noise like these teams that use WhatsApp groups. It's also very well suited for video announcements (both live and recorded), for the reasons stated previously.

What do you dislike?

The gray background, it's just too strong to the eye. Perhaps it's configurable, but I don't know as I am not the administrator of the service. It's not easy to link my personal account the Workplace account, yet I've seen some of my colleagues do it, not very intuitive there, needs to be more clear on how to do it. Some of the GIFs load slowly, even if I have a fast connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In order to keep employee engagement, encourage your colleagues to post interesting articles about productivity, comment on those posts and give likes where it's deserved. Also, have a "random off topic" group, that's great for remote teams to hang out, specially if you never see each other. Encourage also good smart debates/discussions that stimulates deep thinking, this doesn't sink productivity, actually it improves it and develops mental models every employee can benefit from.

Communication for announcements and teams is very effective. The algorithm understand what is important so it doesn't get buried.

Eduardo M.

"Wonderful way to keep in touch with your co-workers"

What do you like best?

It feels like a facebook, but without the need to share your personal life with everyone, just workrelated stuff, you can share photos of your office or your work-doings, or photos with co-workers, sharing events that you might have, or annoucing events that may happen.

What do you dislike?

its kinda confusing about the different groups it offers, there are like 10 different groups in the workplace I use, and its kinda annoying the way they are displayed. Like facebook, seems like it consumes alot of bandwith, feels kinda slow when opening it in my web-browser, it may be something with my computer, but dont really know about that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommed this software for any organization that wants to make its internal employees to feel like they can have an social life inside their organization without feeling like they dont have one outside of your organization.

actually none business problems are being solving there, the most beneficial thing I've find is the connection with my co-workers and the use that the leader of our organization is giving it to share all his knowledge with us.

Kristján Geir M.

"Just like Facebook yet it is not like Facebook"

What do you like best?

Easy to post rich content, scheduled posting (finally!), great mobile apps (both Workplace and messenger), polls. In many ways it´s like Facebook and its familiar. Ubiquitous! Connection with Windows AD makes the single sign on (well, same user and pass at least) an options.

What do you dislike?

HR tells me that custom fields, like cell phone numbers, cannot be added to one´s profile in Workplace. This alone forces me to go back to the intranet for phone numbers. More gadgets need to be there - like birthday gadget that can be placed by admin on group pages. There is a lack of such features that make Workplace not-so-good replacement for intranets. Sad because it´s so close, yet not close enough. Also the number and usage of groups can get out of control. Too many groups, too much "chatter" in the notification area can lead to missed announcements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a good look into what features are customizable, especially if you are looking to replace the intranet with Workplace. For example, can you add cell phone numbers to the profile?

Better communication, more and better flow of information. By encouraging staff to have the mobile apps on their phones, it has become easier to contact and get reply from colleges out of office hours.

Kunal C.

"Superb medium to get connected with the colleagues at workplace"

What do you like best?

It is the best software to communicate with colleagues

It helps me to get the latest updates and insights of what's happening at the workplace

It helps to communicate with any colleague via audio or video call

It also gives information about the team and the role of the employees

Employees can share their thoughts or pictures with the help of the status updates.

It also helps in conference calls

What do you dislike?

sometimes the workplace site is laggy and takes time to load and also hangs during the conference calls.

Call quality is sometimes also very bad and poor

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best software to stay connected with the colleagues and stay updated with the current happenings in the workplace

It helps me to stay updated with current happenings of the other colleagues and It is very beneficial for making group calls

Ravi Ranjan S.

"Great Social collaboration in company"

What do you like best?

Ability to interact with your co-workers easily. Login using company single sign on which is a great Security and Authentication. Chatting, Sharing videos, posts and photo are similar to facebook but controlled usage to company with company policy. It has a vision o creating workplace as knowledge base so that employees could interact each other for a problem and solution. This will increase collaboration between employees with no efforts.

What do you dislike?

Org chart has no data available and you will have to add manager here. Who would like to add that I do not know. This is although great in look and feel, but there is only limited functionalities are available in this version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although limited accessibility to a facebook like social media, this will enhance in long term for users experiences.

Corporate social collaboration and knowledge base enhancement using limited social media.

Joey T.

"Great social media for professional setting"

What do you like best?

Workplace by Facebook is simply a Facebook page for a more professional setting. Many people post interesting informal articles (eg. sports, jokes) that would not be necessary appropriate to post on a more formal social media like LinkedIn. Workplace by Facebook is easy to use and make the connections between departments better.

What do you dislike?

The default setting for Workplace by Facebook sends email notifications to email; if the notifications are not acknowledged, maybe emails are received. However, the frequency of the email notification could be changed. Workplace by Facebook is an internet web browser based; would be better if it is an app for computer to receive badge notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Workplace by Facebook is a great tool for the company to connect different departments. As many people already have experience with their personal facebook account, using Workplace by Facebook should be very easy.

Workplace by Facebook is a great great tool to integrate different departments of the company. Chat available and it could replace other chat apps like slacks. My company use it to make informal announcements, reminders, photo sharing, and polls.

AI

"A 2mm shift took us from zero to target adoption"

What do you like best?

From an administration perspective it is extremely simple to stand up, with very minimal level of configuration necessary to get launched. It looks and works EXACTLY like regular Facebook which is both a pro and a con since at least 30% of people refuse to use Facebook in their personal lives, that is the same group that will refuse to use it in a professional environment also. It almost would have been better if FB launched this platform under another name to get away from the preconceptions.

What do you dislike?

While done in an attractive dashboard fashion, the analytics are extremely weak. Workplace is purely an enterprise social network and although Facebook claims that it can function as an intranet that is an enormous stretch. In reality all but the tiniest of companies will also need a separate intranet to house reference materials. We have both systems in place, and having put in a lot of time to train our staff on the differences, we still find that staff are frustrated and confused over what to post and where. Our content managers find Workplace to be the easiest to share information compared with our intranet, but Workplace has no organizational structure to speak of and tagging isn't as robust as a tool for findability as some suggest. As a result we have some splintering of information between sites which takes some strong governance to reign in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't rush to standup the platform, consider how you'll govern it and differentiate it from your intranet.

This is one of several tools in our arsenal that helps us socialize our remote employees and make them feel connected to the larger organization. We'd tried another ESN previously, and although it offered nearly identical functionality, the look and feel were off. FB has the recipe right, and we went from 1% adoption to 75% in one day with the migration.

Kinga O.

"A good tool to manage your team. "

What do you like best?

That it is all in the ecosystem of Facebook so you don't need an additional app to start making the most of it.

What do you dislike?

I would say it is still in a beta version, not as intuitive and user-friendly as it could be. There may be many improvements going on and I will be happy to keep an eye on its development.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Some people think it is like Facebook, but it still differs a bit and requires some time to get any persuaded to use it. Also, there are many good apps in the market so Workplace by Facebook doesn't have to come as your first choice.

I saved some time for people I cooperated with - they didn't have to install and configure anything. They were more willing to use Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at work) than to install any other apps and spent time on configuring them correctly.

"Workplace - Fun but a little awkward"

What do you like best?

I love the familiarity everyone has with Facebook and the way it encourages work colleagues to interact on both personal and professional topics.

What do you dislike?

Multiple times, I've wanted to go back and find a post that I or one of my colleagues has posted in the past. But the usual Facebook algorithm constantly resorts the posts so it's not quite intuitive. This means you need to resort to using the search function, which works fine but is a feature I tend to avoid most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you also have an additional place to store documents (Google drive or Dropbox for business, for example) because this is not designed to do much beyond team communication.

Stay connected with colleagues. Share updates on a team that's too busy to talk frequently about the separate threads we work on everyday.

Preet J.

"Fun at work with Facebook"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about workplace by Facebook is it has the same interface which Facebook has. So it saves the time for people to understand as they already have been using the real Facebook. Another thing i like about workplace is it has a feature called as org chart which helps to understand a person's organizational chart and the user can see the details in that place itself rather than checking in MS Outlook.

What do you dislike?

The things i dislike about workplace is you get added to random groups without your permissions and another thing is you get email notifications about those groups. I am not able to find how to leave/mute or un-tag myself from getting notifications from unwanted groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every company should Adopt it in their company for their employees as in today's world everyone is on Facebook and with similar interface for communication at work would make people more interested in it.

The Major benefits we have achieved by using workplace by Facebook is our team is consisting of around 40 members and it always used to be very difficult communicating to all of them at once whenever required. so Now with workplace at Facebook we have created our own group and we communicate/plan team outings all together and we get everyone's input on time. it is best for larger and smaller groups to keep your team connected.

Andrew O.

"It's like Facebook but for workgroups"

What do you like best?

It keeps the same simple interface from Facebook, The Facebook design itself isn't terrible. The colors are pleasing to the eye.

What do you dislike?

I'll be honest, I don't like it, if I wanted to spend time on social media then I'll do that, we have this at my job and I'm not the biggest fan. Some people have taken to posting on it rather than sending emails and it gets frustrating. I once had to check one place to get all of the info I needed for work but now I have to check two separate places. Now while company crucial information isn't posted there for obvious reasons the pain of having to go to a separate place to get bulletins is just irritating. The interface is copy pasted from Facebook, so imagine if you will a facebook of no political ramblings but of random articles pertaining to your job copy and pasted from the internet. It's basically a spam fest for random information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you think the Social Media approach works for your company or will work then give it a try. I personally find it to be a distraction rather than productive.

None and None. I in fact make the case that it lowers productivity, by having to go there and look through a feed instead of just getting an email in my inbox it makes for a rather time consuming effort if you try to keep up on it.

Ariane D.

"Best app so far"

What do you like best?

I've been using different apps with different companies and this one is the best one so far. It's like your own private Facebook page with all your colleagues. You can create a group for events and have discussions with everyone. It's pretty easy to use and I've never got any problem with the app so far.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. As I said up here, it's the best app I've been using for a job so far.

When you need to send a message to a specific group or the whole company, it's pretty easy to do it with this app. Also, you can easily see who saw your message and who haven't. You don't have to call each person to give the brand new news. You simply have to post on the group and everyone that need to know about the post can see it.

UF
User in Food & Beverages

"Workplace makes communication and sharing fun and easy"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Workplace, is that it is the same structure as Facebook. It was easy to learn and maneuver quickly. It gives my organization a great social platform to be able to communicate and share in a closed private group setting away from the negativity of mainstream social media. The customer support is phenomenal as well.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about the Platform. It could be a bit more unique and attractive looking I guess. I would also be nice if you could view several photos like you can on Facebook. Overall, i dont have many bad things to say about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations to others when considering Workplace would be to keep in mind that Workplace is owned by and very similar to the layout of Facebook. There are many different organizations that have their own structuring and guidelines for posting on the site so I cannot speak for the whole Workplace community, just my own organization's.

The business problems being solved with Workplace are the societal issues that come along with social media. Workplace gives a private group social platform for my organization. Most people would agree that it is nice to be able to get away from the negativity of Mainstream Social Media and use a source that radiates positivity throughout. The benefits include: Being able to jump on board and start using right away with prior knowledge of Facebook.

"Workplace rocks"

What do you like best?

I like how this provides a way for people across our whole company to come together in a friendly but also professional environment . Since we are such a huge company while we're at work we're all in our own little bubbles for instance customer service is in their area and I T is in their area and sales is in their area. In other words we never really get to talk to each other so essentially this workplace by Facebook brings us all together and were able to communicate across all departments and share our ideas exciting stories or even just opinions or what not. And I can even search across groups across the whole company worldwide or even just learn about different people and their interest Etc. It definitely provides a bird's-eye view into everything.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like if I had to choose something is that sometimes workplace by Facebook keep sending me emails suggesting me to add certain people even if I don't know them. I don't really think that's too much of an issue because I can always go ahead and delete those emails but I do think that we should have the option to choose who we add instead of workplace pushing us to add people.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly recommend this product as it definitely brings together and the company as a whole and it gives you a chance to learn about other people as well as other teams and not only that it also allows you to organize activities as well as fostering teamwork among different departments that might not have happened previously. Also you are able to even see pictures and that definitely helps to make a more casual ass back to work because all work and no play makes Jack a Dull Boy

As my comment above stated, what are the largest business problems is that we are so huge that we often isolate ourselves into your own departments and our own desk and you really have time to connect across different departments in different offices but with this workplace we are able to learn about people from different offices as well as even network with people that we are interested in. We also have the business group pages that we create on workplace so that if anyone has any specific questions to let's say an office or a specific region they can post that there. We have one group called Scottsdale group and in that group in one example sometimes we have new hires that will ask about suggestions for restaurants and how to navigate the area or another example of a benefit that we realize is when we try to organize a league and we were missing people so we were able to send out a group request on to that page and increase engagement for that lead.

Learn more about Workplace by Facebook

Workplace by Facebook Videos

Learning about Workplace by Facebook?

* We monitor all Workplace by Facebook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.