Yelp for Business Reviews & Product Details

Yelp for Business Overview

What is Yelp for Business?

Stand out to a community of millions of people ready to buy, visit, and hire.

Yelp for Business Details

Stand out to a community of millions of people ready to buy, visit, and hire.

Yelp
7,765 employees on LinkedIn®

Yelp for Business Reviews

Showing 18 Yelp for Business reviews
Location
Already have Yelp for Business?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Yelp is used to have customers text us and we can provide estimates for service. We use yelp to advertise our services, generate reviews, and to give quotes to customers via message rather than call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that we can text the customers. I also like that it gives you a breakdown of the services being requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not like that I am not able to see the customer's location because it does not help me quote the items properly. We have different minimums based on where you live, so if you live super far I have to adjust the cost to ensure the gas is commensurate with the service being performed. I also hate how yelp customers almost never book. They always do not respond, and send out a text to about 10 different companies. It makes personal development extremely difficult. I also do not like how non-descriptive the requests for service are. They give a general statement which does not help me create a proper estimate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

don't waste the time or money, because it does not generate business from my experience.

It is nearly impossible to share an entire system of cleaning via text. I cannot describe our cleaning process that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It generates almost no business, it is super expensive, but it does allow for customer's to see our name and learn about our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PD
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

At my company, we utilize Yelp to manage brand reputation. We have at least 55 Yelp accounts that span across North America and Yelp for Business helps us continually monitor our performance and respond directly to customer reviews. We also appreciate that customers can share their experiences through photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We really like the ability to directly respond to reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We get frustrated that Yelp doesn't have an easier way for us to communicate with them. It can be incredibly challenging to reach anyone in customer service at Yelp if there is a compliancy issue or we need to claim a business page. The process easily becomes tedious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are more easily and efficiently able to identify and resolve any customer concerns, complaints or issues. We are also able to determine if these people leaving reviews are truly our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales And Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The most important thing for this review for yelp for business is that they brought so many new customers to me. Also, their review system is so unique so that there is no way to add them on your own or pay someone to do so. You should be active in yelp so that you can post your review that's why it is trustworthy reviews which surely bring you clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing is that they allow you to put your business for free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike their customer service as it is useless and they call you every day to say that it's better to pay money so that they can start advertising it better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Try to upload as many pictures as you can Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am responding to comments, adding pictures, adjusting business hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We have plenty of reviews on Yelp and we have always made sure to have an account with them. We recently did a wedding package and we needed some help getting it off the ground - Yelp was great for that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The amazing people that work for Yelp. They are so friendly, so nice, and extremely helpful. I actually love speaking with them on the phone (which is so rare for customer service people). They are also pretty cool to work with in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am the one that has to answer all the phone calls and emails we get in a day, and Yelp does inquire quite a lot. Always asking if we want to run more ads, spend more money, or something in between. That is very bothersome. The sales people are not as nice as their customer service people either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are certain features that is absolutely necessary to be successful on Yelp: 1) be verified and own your page 2) have pictures (the right ones - upgrade for this!) 3) good customer service and response time (we try to keep ours under 10 minutes!). With the Yelp for Business app you can do do 3) whenever you have a moment. Yes, you are always "on", but customers love it. And the first person to answer properly - is usually the one that gets hired! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Managing businesses' presence online. Yelp is a regular first-stop for a most consumers when learning about businesses. They love, love, love to vent and review (definitely the good experiences, but ESPECIALLY when they believe they've had a bad time). Choosing to not claim and control your brand's voice on Yelp in 2020 (and a few other platforms) is letting other people talk about your brand on the nightly news without you on camera in the studio too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Editing information is nearly-always live, or updates get published quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So many add-on features and the aggressive, almost predatory nature of their sales team (including phone calls and emails.) There's no such thing as "opting out" of their sales campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be sure to claim your business on Yelp, but unless you're willing to pay for the extras beyond the free service of having an owning a profile with Yelp, don't get bogged down by their "you need these extras" tactics. Dealing with Yelp is just as important as managing any other social media platform (like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or search engines (like Google, Bing and Yahoo) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owning a public, customer-facing business like a restaurant, for example, means people are talking about you. Addressing their concerns, making sure your business hours, photos, and menus are up-to-date are just as crucial on review sites like Yelp as they are on your own business's website. Also, reviewers can be sweet when they love your service, or vicious and spiteful (some (very few) reviewers never patronize the business, but post scandalous things — and the help team doesn't have a great process in place for disputing claims (or removing them when a guest has a legitimate grievance that's addressed to their satisfaction but forgets to update their post.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The first month I tried advertising with Yelp, I had visited my page through the advertising link a handful of times and since that counted as a "lead" Yelp had been after me for $550 for just that month, for the past year. I even discussed with them this happening by mistake and all they want is their money. My listing on Yelp, even with 8 reviews, does not even show on search because of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how they have an algorithm for fake and real reviews and I love the products that they offer for generating leads. They also allow profiles for Yelp users, which I am one, to show personalities of product reviewers and not just anonymous people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "a la cart" style of cost within the platform is outrageously expensive. They need to let up on a lot of the cost as more businesses would be in tune with using them. There are so many companies "replicating" services like this that could make them go out of business if they don't catch on. I also don't like how Yelp is still coming after me for $550 from 18 link clicks that I mistakenly performed on my own ad when I was logged into an account that wasn't attached to my business profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted to use Yelp as a platform for prospects to see how clients rave about our services, but I realized you do not get anywhere in placement with your business unless you spend the cost of a mortgage payment each month to take on their services and each service relies on the other service to get the entire value. What I mean by that is if you buy one service, you must buy all in order for it to make sense and to work properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Yelp has helped our business get more exposure when it comes to obtaining more clients. They also increase our brand recognition by showing our business to prospects who are looking for a Haircut in our area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that Yelp has a great dashboard that allows you to see who has interacted with your page. I love that you are also able to hide ads on your pages and launch ad campaigns on your competitors pages for an extra cost. I also love that I'm shown the cost per obtained clients, with all the analytical data provided it eases the process of trying to break it down myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost per click campaigns are way more expensive than search engines. I find that I'm spending upto x10 the amount per click than I would spend using a Google CPC Campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would highly recommend using Yelp if you're a small business with alot of competition. Yelp carries alot of respect and when you're blasted all over it you gain a huge advantage over your competitors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Yelp, we are able to obtain new clients. Yelp provides us with life-time clients by strategically placing our ads within a mile radius around our business. These clients then become recurring clients allowing us to keep them around forever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Assistant & Accounting Manager
Accounting
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This review is simply a review for YELP. You cannot review them anywhere else. They have a major problem in the fact that for most businesses, they only post the negative reviews and do not post ANY positive reviews. Upon numerous contacts to them, they answer it by saying it is an algorithm issue, and not their fault. Maybe change the algorithm and do some beta testing? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is not one positive thing I can say about YELP. I cannot rely on any reviews by them since I know now what I did not know before. You don't know what you are getting; as they screen reviews and pick and choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything, reviews are not honest, because they pick and choose what can be seen and can't be seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Dont use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

YELP does nothing but deter clients, because the reviews are only the negative or fake reviews posted by competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Facilities Services
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use Yelp for advertisement and search engine optimization. Keeping our company information synchronized across all channels helps customers to recognize our brand easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Yelp is easy to understand for beginners. I also like that we are able to select "business highlights" with this new feature. This helps customers easily understand what our company is all about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the constant harassment for ads. I also do not like that they withhold certain features from your profile if you do not provide payment. They will promote other companies on YOUR COMPANY profile if you do not choose to pay for their ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would recommend Yelp if you are looking for search engine optimization improvement, however, be prepared to be harassed to purchase ads or profile improvements for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We do have some customers that check our Yelp page for business information. The benefit of this is cross-posting on other social media for consistency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President - Client Relations
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Creating our listing on Yelp, for a better visibility and to allow customers to leave reviews about our services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was pretty easy to set up, and yelp has a overall pretty good authority online. This means our profile was easy to find and its always good to have a yelp page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are very emotional, i'm not sure how to say it otherwise. They need a bunch of information which i think is not very well organized. For example they need to know the story of the owner, which doesn't really have much to do with my business and looks egocentric from my point of view, but without it your profile is "incomplete".

They also take down profiles for the weirdest reasons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're running a retail or F&B business, I think Yelp would be good for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting a page for my customers to leave their reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Yelp for Business helps you reply to reviews, answer specific questions, and control what is being said about you on Yelp to some degree. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The notification (if using the app!) each time a review comes in allows us to reply quickly and if there are any issues we can handle it right away which leads to higher customer satisfaction. The ROI on ads is however their best feature. And great customer service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way Yelp decides what reviews to show and what reviews to hide can be frustrating, so no matter how much you spend on ads this can hold you down. The use of the platform is easy if you have experience with computers and digital marketing, if not I think it can be a bit tricky to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I know you get a lot of sales calls if you own a business, but jumping on a 10-minute sales call with Yelp for biz is worth it! They are so professional and can help you navigate the tricky only marketing world. Yelp pretty much dominates the restaurant industry so if you have a food business, you need a relationship with them

ASAP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly reviews and replies to dissatisfied customers. It’s important to be able to respond quickly so that customers feel heard. We also use it for marketing and that has proved to be very successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing & Communications
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use Yelp’s enhanced listings and their CPC advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It’s great being able to customize each listing with custom CTA, photos etc. The CPC advertising has significantly boosted our traffic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The metrics could use some better analysis. A “lead” is too loose a term for what that captures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I’ve had great account managers, which has been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Local exposure, website traffic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use yelp to manage our social image, our reviews and customer responses, and our business updates. With easy clicks and easy updates for responses, yelp prevents anything from slipping through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We like best the updates we get when a customer puts in a review. Furthermore, we love the way that reviews can be managed. Allowing us to filter reviews, as well as providing guidance when responding to a review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We wish that we were able to consolidate all social media profiles into yelp.If we were somehow able to have yelp manage and look over all of our accounts, then life would be even easier and we would feel more assured that nothing will be forgotten or gone unaddressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Take advantage of their customer service. Yelp has done a great job of providing representative who use their expertise to help position your company in the best way possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of having a bad public image. With any business you always have disgruntled and erratic customers. With yelp, we are able to respond in a quick and timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing & Communications Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Yelp is an ideal space to have free ad space on the internet for our non profit, as well as any business that's worth looking into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that there aren't any real competitors to yelp if your business isn't on yelp, it likely isn't reviewed by consumers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the fact that reviews never expire. It would make sense that after a certain period of time, reviews shouldn't count toward your overall star rating Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of being an invisible business, now there's no issue that we're on the radar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Keep current information about our business up to date and respond to user reviews as a public relations tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's an easy interface so you can update photos, hours, menus, etc. and easily respond to customers both publicly and privately Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They try to sell you advertising a lot which we do not want Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public relations and customer service online. It's a great tool to respond to customers publicly and let others see how you handle reviews either positive or negatice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Operating my massage business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked that it was super user friendly and I could set my own deals with little help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The sales people who constantly call to pitch you something. Every six months it’s a new person and I dislike it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers have booked themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PW
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I reviewed several businesses which has been great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to get used to and effective for directly contacting owner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally slow to type - but apart from that I think its good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Quickly get used to it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Direct and quick feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

For at home graphics and healthy food business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

To expose my business with reviews and info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Paying for the service maybe make it more afforadable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that the benefits outweigh the negatives if your volume is adequate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Yelp for Business?

Yelp for Business Categories on G2