Square for Retail

Square's new retail point of sale solution features advanced inventory management software, a free online store, next-day deposits, & more.

Work for Square for Retail?

Learning about Square for Retail?

Square for Retail Reviews

Ask Square for Retail a Question
Showing 49 Square for Retail reviews
Edward L. W.

"It's a real help, it's very useful."

What do you like best?

I am amazed at how friendly and simple the interface of this software is, very easy to handle, even from the first moment I started using it, I did not know it and it was explaining and taking me step by step, allowing me to take control of my business in just minutes I own a small business and it's amazing how this program adapts very well, being ready to work at any time, even using it from my iPhone allows me to understand the whole movement of my staff.

I can say that I like this program a lot because it allows me to accept payments efficiently and very easily, thus facilitating the transfers of my clients and storing all their information in the cloud in a secure manner. Once the customer pays the system he automatically sends the receipt of his purchase by mail and text message, thus saving me the use of paper and collaborating with it with the environment.

Using this software has been making me feel protected from the use of the means of payment with the credit card is fast and efficient with results that are not seen with other systems such as Square for retail.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I do not like very much about this system, however, they are not relevant things that can make me change my mind and that I have faith that in the future they will improve it, for example, during the workday, I notice how the system Some errors like giving the product information, even so I could notify with the technical support team and they resolved these details a little and they keep track of my case.

Another thing that I do not like is the purchase price which, if it seemed a little high for me, also does not seem to me that the commissions for transactions made with the system are economical, I really hope that these points improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend purchasing this software since you will undoubtedly take your small business to a professional level where it is highly valued by customers, you can easily synchronize it with your bank or PayPal account and when you want you can make backup copies in case you have an accident with the system.

I can honestly say that using this software has improved the productivity of my business, since it allows to accelerate the purchasing process in a safe and professional way, and this aspect is almost not seen with other systems.

The interface is a luxury because its simple design allows me to use it without much advanced knowledge in this type of applications. I really believe that Square retail can adapt to any type of market and it is worth having it despite its price.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Square for Retail
samuel h.

"Square for my small functional fitness gym, in Southern Oregon."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity, the consistency..and the connection points that are so easy to send to: myself, my accountant, my clients, other programs. It links directly to my tax programs.

I also like that it's usable across so many devices. It's user face looks exactly the same across all of them. This makes a huge difference when utilizing technology...especially when I'm always in a crunch for time and extra hands.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how much it costs per credit card transaction. I believe it should be cheaper to store cards and auto-run, as it assures business. I lose more to store cards. It's almost better for me to ask people to pay in cash on the regular.

The only other thing that I don't like it some of it's busy-ness in the stats areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are headed in the right direction...everything updates and they're listening to their customer base.

It's simply convenient that I could set up the program overnight...or even in a few minutes. I appreciate the user interface, it's intuitive. It's also simply enough or my clients to pay and utilize.

I really appreciate that they took a survey about improvement of software. With that improvement inquisition, they then changed their invoicing systems and it's currently more convenient. The improvement was allowing us to make one time invoices--into recurring invoices. This was both my suggestion and has made such a difference in convenience of use!

What Retail Management System solution do you use?

Josephine S.

""Basic and powerful gadget""

What do you like best?

The item is super friendly,easy customization and uniquely crafted to our specific needs. I can say that I like this program a lot since it empowers me to recognize portions capably and in all regards successfully, along these lines empowering the trades of my clients and securing the sum of their information in the cloud in an ensured manner. At the point when the customer pays the structure he thusly sends the receipt of his purchase by means of mail and text, consequently saving me the usage of paper and cooperating with it with the earth. Using this item has been making me feel protected from the use of the strategies for portion with the charge card is fast and viable with results that are not seen with various structures. Putting away client data has been useful likewise with respect to messaging/messaging their receipts to them.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the amount it costs per credit card exchange. I trust it ought to be less expensive to store cards and auto-run, as it guarantees business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are going in the privilege direction...everything refreshes and they're tuning in to their client base. This product will without a doubt take your business to an expert dimension where it is exceptionally esteemed by clients, you can undoubtedly synchronize it with your bank or PayPal account and when you need you can make reinforcement duplicates in the event that you have a mishap with the framework.

We use Square for Retail in observing any stock irregularities. Easy to recognize card portions wherever at whatever point with feature rich adaptable/helpful application. Square Retail is our motivation of offer and extras us time. It unraveled our card handling issue and it was a sound answer for our business. We cherish the convenience and client administration is in every case cordial and accommodating.

Glennis V.

""Simple and effective device""

What do you like best?

The product is super friendly,easy customization and custom-made to our particular needs. I can say that I like this program a great deal since it enables me to acknowledge installments proficiently and in all respects effectively, subsequently encouraging the exchanges of my customers and putting away the entirety of their data in the cloud in a protected way. When the client pays the framework he consequently sends the receipt of his buy via mail and instant message, subsequently sparing me the utilization of paper and working together with it with the earth. Utilizing this product has been making me feel shielded from the utilization of the methods for installment with the charge card is quick and effective with results that are not seen with different frameworks, for example, Square for retail.

What do you dislike?

The expense of utilizing administration is somewhat high yet it is justified, despite all the trouble for it serves our requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extraordinary item in the event that you are attempting to figure out how to take installments at occasions where PC get to is restricted. It is proficient and certainly takes care of business so I exceedingly suggest it. Polished skill is very esteemed with clients and this will make you feel proficient.

Utilizing this product has improved our efficiency, permitting us quicken the obtaining procedure in a sheltered and expert way which is nearly not seen with different frameworks. It has helped us track our clients, stay aware of shopping patterns inside our store and facilitate the look at procedure.

Renee L.

"Easy back-up credit card processor "

What do you like best?

Using the square reader and digital app is incredibly easy, simple, and efficient. Sign up and set up are explained step-by-step, and you can have your technology working in minutes. The reader is always ready to work, connects directly to an iPhone, and is easy for all levels of employees to understand! There are very few flaws with this system, and is ideal for smaller businesses!

What do you dislike?

Honestly - there’s not much wrong with Square for small businesses. The only downside we’d ever had is that the adapter works through the microphone port on a cell phone, so with new iPhones you have to use a dongle to adapt to the lighting port. This is really an apple issue rather than an issue with Square!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering your needs and the pros and cons of going without a traditional processor, Square comes out on top. You’ll have to have a mobile device (iPad, iPhone or other tablet) to operate - but it’s very convenient and reliable.

I use Square as a back-up processor for our normal credit card terminals and processing. It’s is a reliable source when machines have issues, the internet or phone lines are down, or you need a mobile card processing unit! You can transport Square with you anywhere - taking your business outside and on the go!

Rebecca S.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

It is super user friendly - my church has used the product for selling different products at events and it has been super helpful. It makes taking payments extremely easy at events where we cannot use a computer. Many people do not carry around cash today so it makes your company or organization modern and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only part from what I seen is the price to use the product. The product works extremely well so I really didn't see or have many issues with it. Maybe if more people start to use it the price will start to come down. I have also heard of people not liking the transaction fee associated with using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product if you are trying to find a way to take payments at events where computer access is limited. It is professional and definitely gets the job done so I highly recommend it. It is a little pricey to use but it is worth the money in my opinion. Professionalism is highly valued with customers and this will make you feel professional.

We use square space as a solution to speeding up purchases at events and make it professional and safe. It's simple design makes it user-friendly for customers as well as us using the product. IIt also is great bc it produces a receipt for customers to send to their email. t's a great solution to be professional in any setting.

Tim P.

"Great service for our business, perfect backup as well"

What do you like best?

It is a great solution for us when our main service is not functioning correctly. We use it as a backup only. We do remote retail sales either at hospitals, offices, or shows and it is great to be able to take this with us and process payments.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with the functionality. We do get a better rate through our current merchant solution though. I think that the swipe should work better it is difficult to get it to take the card if it is not held perfectly level when swiping it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great solution for us when on the go or for backup. I used to use it a lot when I did shows outdoors or hospital retail shows and it worked great. People also recognize the name and like it better than PayPal here in our experience.

It helps us when we have down time and need to have a backup solution. It also works for us on the go at our shows. The user management is easy for employees and the administration.

Kristin B.

"Easy and efficient point of sale"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with the Square system. We operate it off a tablet system so the touch screen makes it very easy for everyone to use. The tablet also makes it easy for us to bring it to our clients and ring up their sale on the sales floor, as well as have them sign for their credit card. No large bulky system required. Storing customer information has been helpful also in regards to emailing/texting their receipts to them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, but perhaps the lack of instruction that came with it. Fortunately, it is easy enough that it doesn't require much in the way of instruction.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Entering multiple SKUs can be incredibly time-consuming without scanning capabilities.

It has helped us track our customers, keep up with shopping trends within our store and expedite the check out process.

Spencer T.

"Reliable and simple to use for POS"

What do you like best?

I like that they have their own hardware or you can use standalone. The software can easily customized and tailored to your specific needs, simple easy to use screen makes transactions simple. I also really appreciate the option to email or text the receipt. This allows for everything to be green and sustainable. Also, the plug in for my electronics is so small and portable. This is a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

We run a small at home business and Square is the best tool for point of sale transactions and easy to produce receipts, invoices, and track user/buyer details. I can send a text receipt and email if needed. Definitely worth the purchase since the app can track all transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should try it out. It's very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers. They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Cynthia F.

"Square: Easy, Streamlined and Affordable""

What do you like best?

Utilizing Square is amazingly simple, straightforward, and proficient. It is totally exceptional to have the capacity to email and content receipts for clients naturally. The installment apparatuses and items are totally intended for profitable quick deals with Visa and essentially any variant or card structure is acknowledged. Extremely protected, quick and simple with results you'll be happy with.

What do you dislike?

Other than, the usefulness and POS UI it's incredibly basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square is extraordinary! Our deals have expanded utilizing this administration. It's anything but difficult to utilize and set up.

We utilize Square for Retail in monitoring any stock inconsistencies. Simple to acknowledge card installments anyplace whenever with highlight rich versatile/convenient application. Square Retail is our purpose of offer and spares us time.

Sheena R.

"Best Overall Payment Tool For Any Business"

What do you like best?

I love the unique software and it is completely unique to be able to email and text receipts for customers automatically. The payment tools and products are completely designed for productive fast sales by credit card and virtually any version or card form is accepted. Very safe, fast and easy with results you'll be satisfied with.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the processing fees that they offer. It is a bit higher but I think that you pay for the sheer convenience of the product and easy setup and service. It is the #1 credit card system for businesses of any size and as a starter tool that you can depend on for years to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you get over the fact that the fee is a small percentage higher, you will see that the extra money is going directly to the service that they offer and provide. Clearly a company headed in the right direction and you can count on their exceptional approach to a solution that will give your business peace of mind.

It solved our card processing issue and it was a sound solution for our business. We love the ease of use and customer service is always friendly and helpful. The new age technique with style is a great approach.

Ashley K.

"Such a great way to work with others and to easy buy and sell with cards!!"

What do you like best?

I find that using Square for Retail helps out A LOT when you are selling at art fairs, street markets, and even when buying and selling between friends/coworkers! I have used it many time when I would sell my homemade baked goods and homemade sewn blankets!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I didn’t quite like about Square for Retail is that with any new type of technology, as a customer, it seems a little shady at first because you have that fear that the card scanner has been swapped out with a bad one. However, with my multi-use experience of being on both ends of the swiping I have never encountered that.

I use Square for Retail when I am selling at art fairs or buying at street fairs and even working with a kayaking company whom use Square for their own services. The benefits that Square has is that it is so simple and easy to handle!!

AV
Administrator in Veterinary

"Easy, fast, low rates."

What do you like best?

The ability to use from anywhere, intuitive user interface, ease of customer use. I REALLY like how intuitive for the customer once you hand over the device, and that you have the option for terminal POS, mobile, web browser, or even emailing invoices.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for the helpdesk to process requests (and how thoroughly they read the requests) could be improved pretty substantially. Other than, the functionality and POS user interface is stunningly simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dive in! It's great and familiar to your clients. Easily exports into all major bookkeeping softwares. Very hands-off!

I love that the rate of the fee charged to Square is low, for my low-income business. My business also has a lot of clients who are in a hurry and it allows me to bill them later (just after they leave) or prepay before they even bring me their dogS!

John M B.

"Easy and portable"

What do you like best?

This product is perfect for the entrepreneur on the go! I've used in shop settings as well as farmers markets and conventions. the fact that it's a simple insert into the phone is astounding.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, however ,if i had to choose, it would be the software interface. I think it could be more user friendly. More idiot proof to be precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's quite simple to use. Just follow the directions and keep a charger close by if you're using it out at markets or conventions.

Mainly payments on the go. We live in a day and age where people rather pay with plastic than cash... in fact very few people carry more than $5 with them at a time. With square, you can transform a smart phone into a portable point of sales system. You can even go paperless with the texted receipts!

Kristopher K.

"Nice in a pinch"

What do you like best?

I am able to accept credit cards on the go for minimal cost.

What do you dislike?

The cost of using the service is a bit high. This makes me not want to use the service unless absolutely necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep the reader with you. You never know when you will need to complete a transaction. Since it is relatively inexpensive and always available if you have your phone, you win. For really large transactions, I would recommend finding a cheaper alternative if you can. The rates are low, but can add up very quickly.

I am able to accept credit cards on the go. It requires minimal effort and minimal set up.

Joseph H.

"Square SUCKS"

What do you like best?

I don't like ANYTHING about square. I'm in the process of changing all of our retail operations over to Palmetto Payment Solutions. Switching to the Clover Mini

What do you dislike?

The software application is increasingly annoying to add menu items and the fees are OUTRAGEOUS. Whatever happened to trying to get your business off the ground... these guys will put you out of business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RUN FOR THE HILLS! LITERALLY!

Problems? Goodness where to start? Square is a terrible retail solution. The kiosks are over priced and poorly managed iPads that cannot be customized or changed. Wastes my money and customers. No benefits to this solution! GO CLOVER!

Emlyn C.

"Square: intuitive, reliable, and the obvious choice."

What do you like best?

Square is intuitive for pretty much everyone on our team. Not much necessary in the neighborhood of training/review sessions.

What do you dislike?

Some glitches here and there, but honestly nothing that we haven't been able to handle. Also annoying that we had to buy another device in order to read credit card chips, but I think that's less of a Square problem and more of a credit card problem. One instance of a erroneous flagged transaction that caused some difficulty on our end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do your research about how to get in touch with the Square team, and we ready to jump through some hoops in case a transaction gets flagged erroneously. Otherwise it's super easy.

Less transaction fees means we make more, ease of use means we waste less time training, etc.

Laura Alicia L.

"Great for Events"

What do you like best?

Not as many people like to walk around with cash in their pocket. Using the Square makes everything simple. As long as the phone or tablet has internet access, it is a great item to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of internet access was a big factor while using the square. If you're in an area where there is either no reception or no internet at all, there is no point in bringing the Square.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just starting out in retail or are selling things at different events, this is the perfect solution to have card transactions.

We like to go to outdoor events and sell products. It makes shopping so much easier for customers when they don't need to worry about finding an ATM.

Sara T.

"Great for processing sales on the go!"

What do you like best?

We have a standard POS system but take the Square with us when we attend events outside of our showroom. The Square has proved its value due to the ease of taking payments and obtaining customer information.

What do you dislike?

We have found no qualms with the Square other than being able to synch with our POS system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for allowing you to expand your business to new customers are festivals and other off-site event locations.

Square has helped open our business up to sales that take place outside of our showrooms and at events where we can introduce ourselves to new customers. We have been able to "expand" our showroom thanks to Square.

G2: *KEPT RECEIVING AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO UPLOAD SCREENSHOT*

"Easy, streamlined, affordable"

What do you like best?

Square for Retail works better than any other credit software I've tried. It is easy to set up and the fees are low enough to keep my business accepting cards. I like how I can use it to track my receivables as well as my payables and customer transactions.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike about Square right now. Everything is running smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square is easy to use, easy to set up, the fees are cheap and worth every penny. The customer service team is always available to answer any questions that I might have regarding purchases, voids and returns. It works on time every time and my customers enjoy knowing their payments are being processed by a secure and reputable company.

Having a one-stop resource for all credit cards is perfect for us. There's no need to constantly work with banks to try and renegotiate rates, saving us time and money. Keeping track of what I receive in helps resolve any inventory discrepancies I have faced as well.

User in Retail

"decent alternative for retail payment collection system"

What do you like best?

I like the set up was easy, somethings I did not feel comfortable to provide at the time of set up and gave me the option to do later. The dashboard is every easy to navigate around on.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far that I can see that I dislike, I am still learning about it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It looks to be a better alternative to all the other online payment systems that I have reviewed / trialed.

alternatives for customers to pay for the merchandise that they order online from my site.

Shelby H.

"Innovation at its finest"

What do you like best?

Square has changed the game for so many retail and personal businesses. The equipment needed to accept card payments is far too expensive for most smaller businesses but Square is affordable and SUPER easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It can take a few attempts to get the card to go through for certain users but very rarely.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to accept card payments without having to punch numbers or pay for expensive software this is your go-to.

Easy to accept card payments anywhere anytime. Mobile businesses and small businesses benefit greatly.

"Ease of use. Phenomenal product."

What do you like best?

Use Square daily in the store I manage. Extremely easy to use. Customers are familiar and comfortable with it. Extremely easy to do so many necessary tasks.

What do you dislike?

I wish that employees could see their total hours worked easily at the clock in screen

Streamlined software for multiple tasks takes a lot of guesswork out. I can do so much through my dashboard.

UG
User in Graphic Design

"Square for Retail"

What do you like best?

Very, very easy to setup and use! Process credit cards, checks and cash with one system.

What do you dislike?

The basic credit card reader does not support chip cards. Must buy a more expensive reader

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square for Retail offers the best rates for credit card processing.

Volunteering for a local PTA, we decided on Square for Retail after trying other different packages. We use Square for all of our fundraising finctions. We love the portability and the fact that it works with all of our cell phones.

CC
Consultant in Consumer Goods

"I love Square for Retail! "

What do you like best?

I love using square for retail. It makes everything so easy for me… I can send invoices to my customers another state I can use my card reader and sell stuff at vendor events. It just makes things so easy.

What do you dislike?

The fees. But they’re industry standards

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!!!

At solve the issue with me not being in the same place as some of my customers. Therefore I benefit from it because I can sell to anyone anywhere.

David F.

"Love Squares Newest Software for Retail"

What do you like best?

Easily search for items via key words, Inventory management is awesome and helps us understand what we are really making off each item

What do you dislike?

Needs to add item photos in future updates

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a ton of product SKUs setting up the initial system can take a bunch of time.

Helps us fully understand our Cost of Goods and how much inventory we have at any one point in time

Administrator in Retail

"Simple processing, affordable rates"

What do you like best?

App is easy to use on the phone and on the Ipad. The dip chip reader makes it even more presentable to customers. It's professional!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could split the online store from my physical location.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

processing rate is low! And you can save with referrals!

Taking the correct amount of money and taxes. I can also calculate taxes I owe easily

Rachelle R.

"Best foe Small Businesses and Stores"

What do you like best?

I love that Square is very user friendly and easily portable. I have used in it numerous businesses that I have worked for, most recently for an event business.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the internet connection, sometimes it can be slow. But with a great internet connection, that is not a problem.

Ease of use and function. Portable for business on the go!

"I LOVE square!! "

What do you like best?

I really like how convenient it is not only for myself but customers as well! Invoicing and paying is now no longer a hassle! Refunds are sent right away so your customer has no wait time in these cases!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all! Square is an amazing service !

Ease of payment transactions !

"Quick and on the go"

What do you like best?

I love how convenient it is for me to use. All I do is connect it to my phone. If my clients don't have cash, its saves the time for me and the drive for them. Funds are readily available.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to speak with one account rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although it does save time which is amazing, I would consider researching newer, available options for processing mobile payments. Did get a little expensive for me however, when I did use, it worked wonders!

It's saves time! Especially for business freelancers and entrepreneurs.

UA
User in Accounting

"Additional enhancements needed !!!"

What do you like best?

The new User Interface is great. The products top features in my opionion include the ease of use for employees and customers.

What do you dislike?

Additional work is needed before Square Retail is an end to end solution for Inventory Management. The Inventory Management system does not have bar code capabilities for creating purchase orders or receiving Inventory. In addition the reporting features appear to be pretty basic with the initial release.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run a parallel version with your existing solution before converting. (Those who are considering changing from another software)

Square Retail is our point of sale.

User in Civic & Social Organization

"Works when you have nothing else, but isn't very reliable"

What do you like best?

Gives you a way to process payment in unique environments and/or when your main operating system is down.

What do you dislike?

Is a PAIN to use. I feel like I have to swipe a person's card a million times before it actually works because the dang thing is so sensitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only use when desperate, when on the road. It's not super reliable - you'll end up swiping a million times before the payment actually processes.

Solving being able to process payments in unique and/or nomadic environments.

Shanell R.

"Very Straight-Forward"

What do you like best?

It makes transferring funds quick and easy during transactions.

What do you dislike?

I find the square device easy to lose, but this could be a personal problem.

The major benefits is how easy it is to swipe a credit or debit card for business transactions.

Joslyn A.

"Modern POS"

What do you like best?

I like the variability in POS. I have used their cash register and phone attachment!

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints about Square

Ease of payment - customers appreciate the ease and the ability to use a cc in non conventional places

"Easy to use POS system"

What do you like best?

Square for retail is one of the best POS apps. It’s quick, efficient, and customers are pleased with how they can easily make a transaction.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult for those that are not tech savvy. Training on this POS system for those that aren’t tech savvy takes time and patience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s a smart decision for your business to handle this kind of transaction.

Being able to easily make a card transaction quickly has improved our customer relations.

"Payments"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love it. Quick and convenient payment and processing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all that I dislike. I'm very satisfied with the layout and details.

Have not had many issues other than system crashing from time to time.

UA
User in Architecture & Planning

"Love the ease of Square"

What do you like best?

small. portable, use anywhere, great for selling off-site

What do you dislike?

the high fee, sometimes cant connect to wi-fi

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great for small business that sell off site

Able to keep more sales than when using cash

Elle C.

"Convenience for start up/small businesses"

What do you like best?

Convenience in my at home business. Small, every easy to connect on the go.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in charts and gross revenue display function

Ability to accept card payments for my home based business during gender events.

Leslie M.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to use. Very convenient and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at this time.

A larger customer base. The younger generation does not tend to carry cash and checks.

AC
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Awesome to be square "

What do you like best?

I love that you can do basically anything with it from sending invoices to using it as a register and run payroll

What do you dislike?

Nothing really nothing bad to say

I really and truly love it and I would recommend it to any other people or company to use it

It’s usually self explanatory easy to use

AC
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Made my retail and inventory system smoother"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that it kept count of my current product needs. When I needed to order, I could see clearly what I needed.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate with my website. I no longer use it as my current site has integrated retail inventory.

It keeps supply in a steady state for clients.

"Quick and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and customers trust Square.

What do you dislike?

I'm charged higher fees for a manual input.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square is great! My sales have increased since offering this service. It's very easy to use and set up.

Customers spend more because they know they can purchase using a credit card. Sales have increased because of this.

User in Retail

"GREAT APP, EASY TO USE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES"

What do you like best?

We've used this only really when there is internet down, or during festivals. It isn't our first POS option for our customers to pay.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, its super easy. Fast setup too!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We've had to use it in emergencies for sales. We love it and have considered using full time!

No problems.

User in Retail

"Square is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

User friendly and fast - I like that i can open it up and know what i'm doing right away with no tutorial.

What do you dislike?

It's slow to respond sometimes and the bluetooth functionality doesn't always work.

it takes the place of a traditional POS system when i'm on the go

User in Retail

"Great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like square for businesses. Small businesses can use to keep card using customers. Also great for helping large line in businesses by using without register.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a cell phone or tablet with internet access

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a

we solve long lines and easy transactions using square

ES
Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting

"Retail Sales using square"

What do you like best?

Great idea just buy the credit card reader for your iPhone and use just downloaded the app.

What do you dislike?

Finding my employer was a 24 hour process need to be added to there acount.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A no cash quick sell and a happy customer that prefers credit card.

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

This makes it very convenient to make business transactions

What do you dislike?

So far i havent ran into any problems while using it

People dont always carry cash on them so by using square it is creating more business for me

"Good Basic POS"

What do you like best?

Easy to add items and ring up customers for their purchases

What do you dislike?

Difficult to organize products with mobile, it's easier on a larger format like tablet.

On site sales during small pop-ups and shows.

"Why not Squar"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the interface and easy to train employees

What do you dislike?

Not much, ther merch fees were a little high for the owner.

Easy checkout.

Learning about Square for Retail?

* We monitor all Square for Retail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.