NCR Counterpoint

3.6

NCR Counterpoint helps retailers manage their business with inventory management, built-in customer loyalty, automated purchasing, and configureable reporting that can be used on any device mobile or PC.

Work for NCR Counterpoint?

Learning about NCR Counterpoint?

NCR Counterpoint Reviews

Showing 26 NCR Counterpoint reviews
NCR Counterpoint review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"COUTERPOINT"

What do you like best?

THAT I KNOW HOW TO USE IT...THERE NEEDS TO ME MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS MADE FOR THE BUYING SIDE OF THINGS. IM NOT SURE THERE IS ANYTHING STAND OUT ABOUT THE SYSTEM TO ME.

What do you dislike?

THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE SIZE AND COLOR AND QTY ON HAND AND QTY SOLD ON ONE PAGE. THEY ARE HARD TO WORK WITH ON HAVING CERTAIN REPORTS STANDARIZED. DOES NOT HAVE AN OPEN TO BUY PROGRAM BUILT IN. MIN MAX IS TOO DIFFICULT TO SET UP AND HAS TO BE SET FOR EACH ITEM. THIS MAKES FORECASTING VERY DIFFICULT AND MANUAL

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT MAY BE FINE IF YOU HAVE A VERY SMALL NUMBER OF STORES. IF YOU DO ANY TIME OF CLOTHING OR ACCESSORIES WITH COLOR AND SIZE REPORTING IS NOT VERY EASY.

WE HAVE HAD REQUESTS IN TO CHANGE AND CUSTOMIZE REPORTS FOR US FOR YEARS. NOTHING RESOLVED. JUST BEAT AROUND THE BUSH.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about NCR Counterpoint
NCR Counterpoint review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"User-friendly despite its older, somewhat intimidating look."

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of counterpoint are the simplicity of the checkout process and the streamlined transfer process.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it just seems like there are far too many buttons, but they all serve a purpose and it just takes a little bit to figure out what those purposes are.

It is really user-friendly in terms of mistakes during the transfer process, for one. Before a transfer has been entered in at another location, if a mistake has been made all you have to do is type the transfer number in again and make the change. Very simple.

What Retail Management System solution do you use?

"Counterpoint Program"

What do you like best?

We have used Counterpont for 19 years. The POS portion is easy for our staff to use and I love the reporting functions. I can easily analyze sales by category, item or vendor as well as drill down even further. I can see inventory on hand at the various shops we have and find the purchase ordering system very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I would like to customize more of the columns easier and can’t always quickly find help to my questions without paying for a service call.

The inventory, ordering and POS station are all utilized daily.

NCR Counterpoint review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"It's good for large inventory. Sometimes a bit clunky."

What do you like best?

I like the way it shows cost, etc. of my inventory right on the screen

What do you dislike?

I don't like the time it takes to think through changes to order tickets with lots of items on them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see if it's for you and your company.

It helps track inventory, write quotes, process orders, and create invoices.

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Powerful Computing & Very Customizeable"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize reports and export them to other formats in order to get the data needed in the best format possible.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to learn all the capabilities and develop ways to best utilize the data. We also don't currently have the ability to look at past inventory states. For instance, I can't look at my inventory levels from 2 months ago when trying to analyze the performance of products during certain time periods. I can only look at the sales data from the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is very competitive compared to other sales software and it is much more powerful than other I have used.

I mostly use CP to analyze current inventory needs and forecast future needs for our retail stores. The benefit of using CP is the ability to generate highly-customized reports that combine or separate products based on everything from the product name to the description and even the color.

NCR Counterpoint review by Nich P.
Nich P.

"Counterpoint is a great POS system for any business!"

What do you like best?

The ability for this platform to fit any team's needs is crazy! You can set up rewards, set up so many products and branches of products, and maintain all of your account all in one system!

What do you dislike?

It is not cheap at all. This system is very expensive to upgrade, and keep up with the latest tech. The styling of the system is also really old looking.

Solving the POS for my stores with this.

Benefits of a tested system that can handle a large load of users, and customers at a time.

NCR Counterpoint review by Administrator

"Buggy and unhappy "

What do you like best?

it covers many aspects of a business with a retail front. It is completely customizable as far as data goes.

What do you dislike?

This system is nice. It can be a little tricky to use especially if a company wants to customize it for their business. The system is unhappy with a lot. Our business has a lot of moving parts and for an all in one POS system running on a SQL server, this one is a little slow. Our company see performance issues due to customizations. Which I get but why offer them if it is unable to support? Would recommend if they have the right business partner.

We can run reports on all of our products.

NCR Counterpoint review by User

"Easy to manage sales and inventory, with a good yet limited user interface."

What do you like best?

Cash quick pay buttons are convenient and accurate. Viewing recent sales of particular items very handy. Receipt recall and sales summaries quite well organised (+ searchable).

What do you dislike?

Would like it to be easier to change settings on when to print dual receipts.

Limited hotkey buttons

Constant drawer open sensor issues (popup warnings despite drawer being closed).

Returns way easier. Hold on transactions useful for holiday season and ringing items up secretly at a shoppers request to hide it from their kids.

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"CounterPoint"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to update information and that I can print out any report on products/inventory. That the system lets you know if the drawer has already been opened for the day so there is no danger of having 2 open drawers.

What do you dislike?

That it can sometimes be counterintuitive to use. Sometimes have to think outside the box to find what I am looking for if I need specific information for accounting. CounterPoint likes things in a certain order and cannot go outside that order.

Gross profits margin is easy to find and can tweak any product/item that needs to be updated to meet a satisfactory GP goals.

"Easy to us "

What do you like best?

Simple to use and laid out nicely. No major glitches within the system normally other than internet connection time outs occasionally.

What do you dislike?

Occasional freezes within the system. The overall look and layout could be updated a little bit more for style but other than that no major upsets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None other than it’s already simple and quick to use

Customer captures

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"NCR CP Review"

What do you like best?

As a product manager, I run a lot of reports - merchandise analysis, inventory analysis, Sales History, etc. It is nice to be able to see how our stores did on a previous day. I also really like that I can see historical data on customers, staff, etc.

What do you dislike?

When using CounterPoint on very busy days in our retail stores, we often experience it crashing, thus losing a great aspect of customer service.

Another area that could improve is the software/device for our iPhone scanners. We'd like to be able to do inventories of product very easily, however CounterPoint seems to have issues with software updates here, thus slowing down our progress.

One wish is to see what stores are selling before the days totals are posted!

Lastly, I think that CounterPoint could improve on price rules and other areas that are a little grey to our department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think CounterPoint has come a long way since I've been using it and would recommend it to other retailers for an easy to use POS system.

We're working a lot with decreasing our cost-on-hand, and we are able to run reports to see where we are at on any given day. This benefit helps my department in strategizing for future buys. I also find some of the shortcuts when doing our data entry to be helpful and time-saving.

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Ncr rev"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the many functions and ways to access information where I can input Inventory and have that saved for when I do invoices and it is able to give me how short I am and how short I should be.

What do you dislike?

I just like the slowness of the system and sometimes how I have to wait several minutes only for the program not to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend utilizing and ncr counterpoint For everything from inventory to labor

I am solving the issue of shortage of products. I realized I can easily go back-and-forth between screens. I can see where I am off and I’ll go back and correct the inventory

NCR Counterpoint review by Cari M.
Cari M.

"Useful in analyzing business"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface helps toggle through different selections.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a while for reports to run.

Analyzing sales and inventory. Able to stay on top of sales, replenish inventory, and transfer items to stores that need it.

NCR Counterpoint review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Robust Point of Sale Software"

What do you like best?

There is plenty of flexibility to handle many different retail situations including loyalty programs, gift cards, and customer layaways.

What do you dislike?

The price is higher than it needs to be and it has become out-of-date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for some up-front costs and time to get everything setup

We are checking out our customers and keeping track of sales by customer.

NCR Counterpoint review by Kaneisha W.
Kaneisha W.

"NCR Software Review "

What do you like best?

It’s a great POS software used in the workplace.

What do you dislike?

There’s not a factor really that I would dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company I work for has been using the software for sometime now and is easy to use when utilized.

The problems are now being benefited by the software system updates which is it making the check out experience quicker.

NCR Counterpoint review by User

"Great software. Room to improve "

What do you like best?

Easy to understand. Very simple and easy to use. From putting a sales order together to processing the payment everything is easy and smooth.

What do you dislike?

Slow at the time of totaling the order cost. Glitches are common and your account would be logged out every time you exit the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great business solution. An absolute user-friendly software. Glitches are common when using it on a IOS product.

Sales. Creating orders for customers and sending it out to our cashiers for check out. Convenient for customer and employees.

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Good system for small business"

What do you like best?

There are many tools and reports to answer your inventory questions

What do you dislike?

The reports aren't very simple and most times you have to run 2 or 3 reports to get your answers. Might be good for smaller business, but is challenging with a growing business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is good for smaller business, but not so much with a growing business.

Problem solving regarding retail buying and number comparison.

NCR Counterpoint review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Simple and Outdated"

What do you like best?

Ease of entering in weekly schedules. It's quick and simple.

What do you dislike?

No frills, poor reporting, glitches. There's no easy back and forth between schedules and hours worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simplistic; if you just want something to keep time and inventory, this is it. If you need customization and detailed reporting, look elsewhere.

Clock in/clock out and scheduling.

NCR Counterpoint review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Counterpoint support managrer"

What do you like best?

Like the flexibility on customizing the system for different users so that they have a efficient system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the basic features on reports are not being displayed on reports. For example if you have item attributes on item, these are not on any report and cannot be added. need to customize basic reports to show that information

Able to provide better inventory management tools, like to use of the touchscreen and use some custom features to allow easy and better user experience.

NCR Counterpoint review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Extra steps for simple tasks"

What do you like best?

Point of sale offers quick check out process. It is fairly easy to train someone on the process as I feel the process generally prompts you to what you need to do next.

What do you dislike?

Everything seems to be possible but there is always way too many steps to make a simple report. The software should have better reports already loaded in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to come out with a huge update and really modernize the software and it's capabilities.

We like the availability of offline as we often incur internet problems. This way to we don't have to manually adjust any inventory or other numbers.

NCR Counterpoint review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"Powerful but not smart"

What do you like best?

The back end reporting capabilities. Being able to export to excel easily is nice.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, needing a lot of peripherals. It is not a sleek cloud based program with minimal hardware. Mobile platform is not robust. The blue tooth printer often fails

Recommendations to others considering the product

weigh the benefits of reporting with the ease of use and attractiveness of the program. Which is more important to you?

Mobile use. Has not been realized.

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Financial Services

"NCR Products are Reliable"

What do you like best?

What I like most about NCR is the easy to use and functionalities of the various products used. When I see the name NCR it is reliable and compatible.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the products working in retail it is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be Patient and become familiar with it

There has not been any problems I have experienced with NCR, old and new.

NCR Counterpoint review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"integrated features, semi-steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

Counterpoint has enabled us to enhance our customer rewards system and has improved the way we handle credit cards

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve, particularly for managers. It can be a rough transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are fully ready to go live before trying!

We use NCR counterpoint to manage all of our retail sales. It has improved our checkout times.

NCR Counterpoint review by Amanda M.
Amanda M.

"Good "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, customers like it, screen clear to read

What do you dislike?

Signature portion, signatures are always poor

Easy to use

NCR Counterpoint review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Sufficient For The Job"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and extremely intuitive. Help and remote consult is challenging.

What do you dislike?

Remote help was close to impossible but overall it was easy to get used to. Not enough shortcuts.

Money and inventory management.

NCR Counterpoint review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Best pos ever"

What do you like best?

Fast, easy to use, it rarely lags when taking payments

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it fits my needs and we are required to use it

Quick payments

Learning about NCR Counterpoint?

* We monitor all NCR Counterpoint reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.