SaaSoptics Reviews & Product Details

SaaSoptics Overview

What is SaaSoptics?

SaaSOptics is a subscription management platform that automates financial operations for growing B2B SaaS businesses. A cloud-based solution, the SaaSOptics platform allows businesses to pull accurate SaaS metrics and analytics quickly, scale billing and payments smoothly and automate GAAP-compliant revenue recognition. Businesses built on SaaSOptics eliminate their risky dependency on spreadsheets and streamline financial operations. SaaSOptics is easy to use, trusted by investors, within reach for early-stage startups and provides a streamlined implementation process. SaaSOptics serves more than 800 customers worldwide and manages $8 billion in revenue.

SaaSoptics Details

SaaSOptics delivers a subscription management platform that provides subscription billing, revenue recognition and robust subscription analytics.

With SaaSOptics, you create a custom hub for
subscription management by combining all
of your key systems with SaaSOptics to form a
single source of truth. SaaSOptics serves as your
system of record and maintains your critical
revenue, billing and analytics data through each
stage of growth.

SaaSOptics
2009
Atlanta, GA
@saasoptics
651 Twitter followers

SaaSoptics Videos

SaaSoptics Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SaaSoptics community
Have you used SaaSoptics before?

SaaSoptics Reviews

Showing 171 SaaSoptics reviews
Already have SaaSoptics?
Executive Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that I can create transactions and invoices within a couple minutes. I can also see when they have opened or clicked on the invoices and whether or not they are being sent to the correct email address. It's very helpful for tracking expired transactions as well as the integration with Hubspot and Quickbooks is great for entering new customers into the sytem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can take some time to figure out how to work all of the parts. It is a little complex and some areas of the invoicing are not always convenient because you have to go back and forth between QB and SaasOptics rather than just doing it all in SO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to keep better records of all the invoices and revenue we coming in as well as if we miss billing a customer. It's great when you need to do audits and be sure that you have invoiced the correct amount to your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system is amazing - they have thought about what a SaaS company needs. Some of our metrics are non-standard and SaaSOptics is able to accommodate them out of the box. Also, their pre-implementation training tools are a great primer into the system and their implementation and support people are excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user experience could use some work - screen layouts and navigation make the system more challenging to use than it needs to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SaaSOptics is a system that takes some time and patience to implement, it isn't a click-and-go application. Make sure you treat it like a project, dedicate appropriate resources to the training, do your homework, and keep at it - it's worth the work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using SaaSOptics for revenue recognition (ASC 606) / deferred revenue, billing, and dunning. We used to have a home-grown system that I was about 75% confident in the information (rev rec and total ARR) that I was getting and the billing process took a bit of manual manipulation. With SaaSOptics, I now have 95%+ confidence with the information coming out (only because I'm still learning the reporting capabilities) and we've just finished our first month close with the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in SaaSoptics
CFO
What do you like best?

Excellent product for SaaS billing although it takes some time to get underneath the nuances of the product so be prepared to invest some time to get 'under it's skin'. The KPI's and stats that come out are very good and a strong feature of the product.

Very good and responsive support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not as intuitive as you might think hence why you need to invest time to understand it. I'd strongly suggest that to get the most out of the product that your accounting package is one that has a direct link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saas billing and renewals. Using SaaSoptics has helped streamline this operation and automated it to a larger extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Operations Analyst II
What do you like best?

The way you are able to see daily revenue and various reports that the higher levels are requesting.

This has reduced the need for many different excel sheets that I previously had to keep updated by hand, on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When creating invoices, they get grouped together if they are built on the same day.

If the system could allow users to build a transaction, submit it, then build another transaction and submit it and allowing those transactions to be on separate invoices, all of my concerns would be solved.

(Or a toggle option to allow this because I assume that some would like this feature) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Revenue reporting, billing and forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP-Finance
What do you like best?

Everything! No seriously, I love this program. I reviewed a bunch of other programs but nothing met our initial needs. Once we started using the solution we began discovering more functionality on what seemed like a weekly basis that just blew us away with what the solution could deliver us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much and it's really more around the UAT process. I had no idea in advance how complex the solution really is and I got frustrated that it wasn't more intuitive to use. That said, now that I've had a chance to use it extensively, I would advise anyone who uses this to make sure that they take the time to set learning expectations clearly and devote the time to truly learn the solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We moved from the traditional start-up spreadsheet to SaaSOptics so having everything in the cloud solved our initial pain point. Second, it has completely solved our reporting problems. We finally have the information we need for our ARR, churn, retention, collections, revenue reporting, and invoicing needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Accountant
Fractional CFO
What do you like best?

The fact that is will reforecast the revenue on a change in the contract, while respecting the fact that a period is closed and it can't post to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Stripe/QBO integration for multi currency doesn't work for the payment side. We had to find another solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps streamline the process, which really helps with less experienced finance staff. Gives them good guard rails. If this helps us not miss any invoices on renewal, it pays for itself. The cost of a missed invoice could be equivalent to the annual subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about SaaSOptics is the invoicing and reporting features. I really like the fact that I can get granular details on any of the customers I have set up in SaaSOptics and can generate the reports with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about SaaSOptics, besides a slight learning curve, but once I learned it, it was very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think you guys are doing a great job and are very responsive to your client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My colleague and I have contacted customer support about it many times, but to no avail. We have to generate AR Aging on the last day of the month to get accurate data which can be a pain as it sometimes falls on the weekend. Overall, a solid company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

1. The many capabilities available to classify revenues as needed for reporting and accounting requirements.

2. Support is VERY responsive! Very happy with that.

3. Also good support from higher level managers and engineers when we needed them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The complexity of the product. It's not very intuitive and since it's so complex (a necessary "evil"), there are plenty of ways to get into trouble (mess up billing, MRR, etc.)

2. There are unexpected results that demonstrate to me the product has some loose ends. Some glitches. Not many, but they're there.

3. The integration with NetSuite presents some difficult (unable to overcome so far) problems, such as: USD to CAD transactions, invoices and payments that cannot be corrected, sync issues that are unresolvable (again, so far - and it's been a few months).

4. The amount of time and effort migrating data from FreshBooks and configuring SaaSOptics to work the ways we need it to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ASC 606 compliance, accurate reporting, better billing control, better autopay options (results in better cash flow). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The cadences make invoice follow up easy and effective! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The autopay option is controlled on the customer level. an improvement would be having the option to control autopay at another level such as the contract, or transaction level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The setup is a bear if you are starting with a long transaction history. Be patient! It is a really powerful tool once it is up and running! Our implementation specialist was pivotal in getting us off on the right foot. Rely on them to guide you and do not be afraid to ask questions to get the most out of the tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to recognize revenue more accurately now using SaaSOptics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Terrific tool for tracking and managing revenue recognition while staying compliant with ASC606. I have used SaasOptics for years and watched the tool evolve and improve year over year, and I have recommended it to multiple companies. Everyone I have worked with at SaasOptics, from sales team members to implementation and support and so on, has been very responsive and helpful. The customer support is a huge benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Finding and creating the right reports can be a little tricky to navigate sometimes, but only because the reporting system is very robust and has a huge array of reports that can be run and customized. It is also difficult to resolve certain errors (like mis-matched items). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving any revenue recognition compliance issues, tracking renewals, automating invoicing and collections, etc. It has greatly simplified the internal accounting processes for our finance team which saves us time and money. We are learning to use the tool in ever-increasing ways so we can provide even more accurate reporting not just for our finance team but for sales and marketing as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SaaSOptics is very powerful and integrates with all of the best tools in your ERP. Their customer service is also pretty top notch. There is so much to customize, and you can get very specific and detailed to match your company's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Along with its power and complexity comes difficulty with understanding exactly what you need to do. It is not the most intuitive platform I have encountered. However, this issue is mitigated by their strong customer support. Recently, they have assigned designated customer success representatives to each account, which has vastly improved the user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's powerful and relatively cheap tool compared to a Netsuite or Intacct. It takes some getting used to due to its complexity, but it can solve essentially all business needs for which it is intended for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advanced metric calculations such as retention, churn, ARR / etc. are automated with SaaSOptics' platform. Additionally, they integrate very well with AvaTax, which is a cost-effective Sales Tax platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

C
What do you like best?

Saas is easy to use. syncs well with our Quickbooks account as well. I can easily find the accounts, and update info. I can edit transactions & invoices without hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I'm doing bulk renewals of multiple deals it would be nice to have the invoice number generated be consecutive for each company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to pull reports on all deals, both one-time annual subscription revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Assistant
What do you like best?

I love how fast SaaSOptics makes invoicing. We went from spending hours a day manually creating invoices in QuickBooks, to now only spending a few minutes point and clicking to send invoices out. The automation of the creation and sending of invoices has saved us so much time. I also love that is syncs to Salesforce and QuickBooks as a way to integrate systems. The click data on invoices is also very helpful as it helps us figure out which clients may have not received their invoices, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are a cash based business, so much of the reporting is useless to us unfortunately. We were told SaaSOptics is suitable for cash business, and it definitely gets the job done, but it renders a lot of the reporting useless for our needs. I also wish there was more customization within the reports as I think that would fix our problem. Biggest issue though is the receipt of invoices on the customers end. Many customers are telling us their invoices went to spam or were not received. We have spoken with SO and Mandrill and were given ways to "holistically troubleshoot spam filters" but even whitelisting the IP address of the Mandrill server did not work. Many invoices go to spam both internally (BCC for records) and externally (clients) so sometimes creating the invoices is all that is really being done. When I have to go back and manually confirm with each client they received the invoice from SO, it defeats the purpose of trying to automate the process. We still save time on the creation of invoices being automated, but lose a lot of time chasing up invoices that went to spam. I wish SO had some advice on this issue or if there were content experts who knew what would be causing these invoices to be marked as spam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely get SaaSOptics if you are a small business struggling to find the time to manually create and send out invoices in a clunky accounting software. I would recommend this only to accrual based businesses though to get more revenue management capabilities out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Huge time saver for small companies who are outgrowing the capabilities of basic accounting softwares (ex. QuickBooks). Just the automation of creating the invoices saves us a ton of time, and not to mention the ability to automatically send cadences, a lot of the manual work can be reduced with proper use and implementation of SO. We have also realized the benefits of having it integrated with Salesforce, as it has forced us to improve data entry across systems. Data incorrectly entered into an integrated software can affect the data in SO, so it forces all systems to be reconciled in their data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have implemented the platform at 3 companies and it works just as well at $100k in ARR or $100M in ARR. It provides a very nice customer-centric view of all transactions making it very easy to manage subscription start and end dates, revenue recognition, MRR/ARR, churn, contraction, expansion and retention numbers. It provides both customer level and company level SaaS reporting and has a very robust reporting back end to generate just about everything you need. And the implementation and support teams are great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the product, it pretty much does everything we need for a SaaS company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management of contracts both new and at renewal is much easier and all of our SaaS metrics are at or close to click of a button. It is a huge time saver and beats the heck out of trying to do this on spreadsheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

After the initial import and set of historical data, SaaS Optics made it very easy to manage the current subscriptions. Having the data in one place also lends itself to the use of their powerful metric dsahboards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve on how to do many transactions is a bit steep, however, the implementation specialist was great and we were able to pick up at least 90% of it during the implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SaaS Optics standardizes metric reporting and streamlines the subscriptions bill process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing many subscriptions is now easy, and being able to have standardized historical metrics based on industry standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I would always love the cadence feature. It is the best and saved us lots of time. I also like the reports, those are really useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Stripe. It’s been 2 years and we still haven’t cleaned up most transactions due to different line items Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont think twice and go for SaasOptics. This system is life changing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems with collections, renewal reports. We used to chase payment manually but thanks to the cadence we have set it up automatically. We also no longer miss any renewals because the report and expired transactions prompts us what is due Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr Accountant
What do you like best?

The transaction level detail, automated collections capabilities, and revenue reports are all great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating new reports can be a little tricky, but the customer success team is extremely responsive with assistance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for a consolidated software for revenue recognition, reporting, sales analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ARR/MRR reporting, breakdown by product type, and the SalesForce and QuickBooks integrations are huge time-savers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The creation of future invoices and ability to automatically renew customers subscriptions makes my job much easier. Making changes to transactions is easy and updates are immediate. Report functionality is awesome and very useful at month end. Support is always quick to respond, knowledgeable, and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Having the ability to review all subscriptions, invoices, deferred revenue, recognized revenue for individual accounts at my finger tips is very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Downside for me is the inability to run all accounting reports based on integrated company customer ID numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am confident SaaSoptics will be as useful, will be an asset to your accounting department, and upper management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking deferred revenue was a tedious job before SaaSoptics, now reports are available with just a few clicks. Financial snapshots just a few clicks away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility to enter complex contracts and invoicing and SaaSOptics takes care of all of the invoice scheduling and the revenue recognition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far ... but I haven't gotten into the reporting and we aren't live on the system yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the most of the Implementation Services and do the homework between calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using ChartMogul and couldn't get the revenue recognition or accurate numbers with our Stripe Sync. SaaSOptics allows the flexibility we couldn't get with Stripe and the reporting we couldn't get with ChartMogul. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Global IT
What do you like best?

Very good people that understand technology and the business side. Good vision for the future as well as monthly improvements that have efficiency impacts on operations and key metrics. Tool considers all aspects of the order to cash process. Good approach for API allowed us to integrate with key systems like salesforce.com and build other integrations to complete our metrics picture for non-subscription revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are still learning to address the nuances of customers with global operations, but the progress is visible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For companies with primarily US operations, this is an easy decision. For multiple entities and currencies, do your homework to plan your integrations, invoice requirements and reporting needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have made SaaSOptics the key product for billing and revenue recognition. It has helped us standardize process and metrics across 20+ countries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Very quick implementation, thorough training and everything is very customizable. Also, the price point is very reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that SaaSOptics is only compatible with a few CRM products (Salesforce, Pipedrive, and Hubspot). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously, we were using Excel to calculate our revenue recognition schedule which was extremely time-consuming. SaaSOptics allows us to calculate amortized revenue on a daily basis which provides for more accurate financial statements. It also accurately provides our short-term and long-term deferred revenue balances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The feature I like best is automatic revenue calculations for all existing customers and contracts. Revenue recognition might be possible with a spreadsheet if you have a handful of contracts. But once your company starts scaling, manual revenue recognition can become a nightmare. It's even worse once you start adding products or services, upselling, different terms, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SaaSOptics comes with a very detailed analytics report that contains all your SaaS metrics (MRR, churn, etc.). But when the report is exported into Excel, it's not the easiest to read with all that data. Takes a bit of formatting to become readable. Not too big a deal overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits include accurate revenue, deferred revenue, and unbilled revenue for financial reporting. SaaS Optics can be used as the detailed ledger for these accounts (QuickBooks and other accounting software is not well designed for this.) Also, invoicing can be automated. This saves a lot of admin time and can speed up cash collection since customer invoices are less likely to be delayed or skipped (vs a manual process). Additionally, the forecasting process simplified by having financial data in one place as opposed to many different schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior manager Sales Operations
What do you like best?

Simple setup, decent flexibility, cost effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting and graphics UI can improve, they have a technical feel to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contracts management

Invoicing

Important part of Order to cash process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Accountant
What do you like best?

The contract management tools make it so easy to set up billing for our clients in advance. No more monthly or weekly invoicing; set everything up for the term of the contract and you are done! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are honestly no down sides, love it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only problem I am currently having is with the e-invoicing email field. I have had multiple clients request to have invoices sent to one alias and collections to another, however SaaSOptics currently only features one email field. With that being said, I brought this request to their product team and they were very responsive! Even with this issue, the e-invoicing and collections tools have been super helpful in my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.