Thunderbird Reviews & Product Details

Thunderbird Overview

What is Thunderbird?

Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize - and it's loaded with great features!

Thunderbird Details

Thunderbird Reviews

Showing 250 Thunderbird reviews
Already have Thunderbird?
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The email client is neat and clean visual presentation. The SPAM protection is the best with Thunderbird so I chose this product for my Email Client need. When searching an email, it responses very fast and almost accurate. If I compare it with other free products, like eM-client and MailBird, Thunderbird is ahead.

The quick filter and using of tag helps organizing and dealing with emails quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The working capability is good so unable to give any dislike but the looks (themes) should be added more often so user can redesign the appearance/looks as per their preference. The backup of emails or transfer to other email clients (like Microsoft Outlook) is not present nor easy. We need to have Outlook Express (Very old software) or some third party software for this conversion. The simple sharing of occasions among clients could be worth added if this component can work smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thunderbird is good looking, with simple setup, E-mail client. It works good and in my experience can support large size emails storage with very good SPAM protection mechanism. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is free with lots of features. The SPAM emails are filtered at very good level. It never crashes even when my computer suddenly shutdown (like on electricity issue). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

All the bells and whistles, for free. You can't get a better value propostion than that. I also highly value companies that respect your privacy.

It's very easy to manage 12 email addresses while also keeping everything organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be a little bit more modern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted a solution for the 12 email addresses that I manage. I previously used gmail, but privacy has become a bigger priority as of late, so I went looking for an alternative. I've tried all the email apps, and some of them were great, even as great as Thunderbird. But Thunderbird is free and more privacy oriented than the others.

So it solves the problem of being able to receive and send emails without my privacy being invaded. And it has the same filtering capabilities as gmail, which I really need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Executive Officer
Music
What do you like best?

One of the best features of Thunderbird is its full customization. You are able to make the client your own with a plethora of add-ons and settings to give you the exact experience you want out of an email client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the more difficult things about Thunderbird is finding your way around it at first, but once you find where all of the settings and features are, it is easy to set up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thunderbird is our main email client for all of our employees, it allows us to easily monitor multiple inboxes and set up our custom email signature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Administrator
What do you like best?

Agnostic to other email services; not locked in. Customizable. Easy to manage several accounts all in one place. Minimal interface, while able to add options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything major that I don't like about Thunderbird. The interface could use a little updating, but that's about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thunderbird is a great email client, and is able to handle many accounts from many email services. It has options for add-ons and theme customization, which is cool. If you are looking for a no nonsense email client, Thunderbird is a great option - and it's free! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Putting all my accounts in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have the ability to be able to have a considerable amount of emails in one place in an orderly fashion. We automate the process of receiving and sending emails from my clients with personalized domains. It has many short term updates, making it a secure site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the interface is opaque, it has very few colors. However, a good operation can be perceived. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to have the convenience to customize emails and add them together Thunderbird is the most viable option. You will not have problems of installation, configuration and execution is very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has excellent functionalities that help us to have customized hosting of our team's emails on the platform. It gives us the security we need, we don't have to worry about receiving spam or virus threat emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Digital Marketing Analyst
What do you like best?

Very easy user interface comparing to GMail.

We can view multiple emails in single dashboard.

Very accurate filter options to search old emails.

Email readability is very good comparing to GMail because of its large interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times we need to click get message button to receive new emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using thunderbird more than 5 years. It gives good experience because of its unique user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* It collects my emails from multiple POP and IMAP email servers.

* It stores my emails locally, so they can be backed up where I want them to be stored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* It sometimes objects to my Office 365 connection, although I've never lost any emails because of this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* It collects my emails from multiple POP and IMAP email servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Thunderbird user interface is amazing.

Inbox can be sub divided into folders as per sender

Adding signature and customisation is too easy.

Easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes take longer than usual time to send mails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended application for all organisations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mass mailing, information sharing, group discussion, e-mailing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

It's simple to use, but it fulfills all my requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the UI, it's not intuitive for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just daily mail usage. I don't have to worry about it anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. There is no positive answer here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything. Thought it would be better than MS but it isn't. Have constant irritating trouble with IMAP connection and stmp. None of the advice, including from Thunderbird, works. I'm very sorry I ever switched. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid like the plague (or Covid-19). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NO benefits at all. See above for problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Technical Director
What do you like best?

As we are using Ubuntu as an OS. It is best to email client for us where we can easily send and receive the email. Also, a live notification is very good. Its better than using Microsoft Outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UI is not user-friendly for the first time. But once you used to with this then you can have very hand on for the same, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have business emails with your own domain and you would like to use it in normal way then thunderbird is very very good. You can go with it. Also, multiple emails also supported by it so you can use it for different purposes as well. Also, It is easy to set up so its good to have it in your machine. Mostly it is working good on Ubuntu Operating System or Linux system where I am using it mostly. I can recommend it very good way It has saved my money to buy new email clients and also it saved my time as well. Very Very impressed with the same. So recommending it to you all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have created business emails and our domain/email provider doesn't have nice mailers that I can use for mine. So I am using thunderbird as my email clients where I can easily integrate my emails and take care for each email and all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supervisora de Planificación Proyectos
What do you like best?

Thunderbir allows me to have in one application all the emails that I use in my personal and work life. The email of the company where I work is in the same place as my personal life and that makes my job easier without neglecting my personal commitments.

I really like the extensions that I have been able to download that have allowed me to integrate Google Calendar and Outlook, Gloogle Keep and contacts. The option to save draft email offline and the option of local folders that allow me to have important emails available without having to be connected to the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After reviewing many options on the internet I chose Thunderbird as my email application, however I am slightly disappointed that the versions are improving but the extensions are becoming obsolete and with that we run the risk that many facilities are lost

The interface is very clean and easy to use, however it looks old. I gave up using Thunderbir on my smart phone because it takes a long time to sync. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Thunderbir as an email manager, it currently has extensions that allow you to integrate it with many applications, which will make your life easier.

The best free option you can have to save your emails offline and save time when you go to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thunderbir solves me problems daily, currently in my country the internet connection is problematic, and with this program I can work, design the emails to check old emails without having to have the internet active.

To be free is a high quality program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Free, stable mail client, has all the basic functions you need of a mail client Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor user experience, limited functionalities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple mail client, poor user experience, free. Covers all the most basic needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it as one of mail clients, personal emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Engineer
What do you like best?

I am working in ISP and we are offering different kind of services like leas lined services ,Broadband etc.for that we are dealing with multiple corporate clients which is located over all Mumbai,pune, etc.For professional communication with client we use mailing software its thunder birds software developed by Mozilla.I have experienced too many mailing software like outlook,web mail, etc.

but Mozilla Thunderbird is best mailing application which i ever used.Its available for all windows and MAC system also provide great security protection like spam filters,antivirus properties etc.In other word its complete package and its free to download on any operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its getting hangs due to high mail queuing but its fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for medium organization . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thunderbird basically give great security with spam mails and antivirus properties.for high amount of mailing we must use this application.For benefits like high amount of mail handling capacity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations manager
Education Management
What do you like best?

Thanks to Thunderbird, which provide email connectivity to my organization (bansal Classes) and tied up all staff members to share their day to day communications and very efficient manner. Thunder bird is very fast, reliable & easy to install. Its user interface is very simple and easily accepted by the members and staff. Themes option is interesting, makes the view of the dashboard in casual. Data storage especially the documents and other office related images is very safe. A user can just install the Thunderbird and can start using it. No training is required. Its open source nature, is the attractive for startup business owners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As it is installed on PC, slightly trouble faced in using it on mobile device, especially in Android Devices. Sync takes too long. Its address book functioning seems very old structure and the only problem is that, we can make different groups of contacts like operations staff, sales staff, accounting staff etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its simple to use and contains all tabs, options which can use in any office, organization and its free. Easy to install and ready to use. It pure open source and Secure. the most important feature of Thunderbird. For a organization, security of their communications and data is most important aspect. The Quite good and simple interface helps the staff and other vendors to use it daily and it helps a lot in development of our business. All data will save offline and when the internet speed down, even then you can read all the important mails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing the daily reports, Tasks etc with the management and staff. It helps in sharing the data & Reports and all the communications to all my staff members. User oriented interface helps my all sort of staff members to use it seamlessly and its a part of daily routine operations. For a small or big business, sharing of reports, data, information etc is required, and the Thunderbird open source platform does it with ease. No Trouble. Cheers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A open source Thunderbird mailing application makes commuincation more simple and easy.We used this application for mailing purpose with our clients.Via mail communication with our clients we are able to keep records of mails.Attachments can aslo be share via mailing.The best in thunderbird is the Quick Filter option which makes more easy to find mails what we want.A mail chain format is also too good in that we are able to see ours and clients mails specificly.We are lalso able to provide password and also able to create folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike with this application.If the mail flow is more it works too slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Communication using thunderbird is simple.It is the best mailing application.Use it till your best and it will fulfill your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Whenever the clients network goes down,they contact us via mails regardings thier issue.We receive the mails and revert them with a compliant number.We also used thunderbird application to generate automails.Using thunderbird application we can easily communication with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Free application for all user which have use for multipurpose in any business organisations or else.its is secured and speedy transfer the email and cost saving application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think there is not have any disdvantage or dislike. Because of there multi feature. I personally like this application which I use in HR purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think all have to use this application because it is absolutely free and save your cost and provide you maximum benefits in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User used the application on base on Customized way.. And the application were fully secured and time saver application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

It is free, and I can sync company email up with a calendar we can all see I like that i can categorize all my emails that i send and receive from customers, it makes my job so much easier and tidier Works with multiple mail accounts Works with POP and IMAP servers Expandable via "Add-ons" -- many available Very configurable, especially with add-ons Full text indexing of emails for fast searches Available for Windows, OS X, and Linux Great plugins allow making per-month archives, set up how old mail should be kept on server and which should be already moved just to local folders that can then be backuped easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The addons can load down the application a lot, delays, slower load times, etc I loose a lot of draft and final emails on Thunderbird I've done tests where I have searched for a sender that appears multiple times in my inbox, yet only one result is returned If I had to change something I would set up the boxes a bit differently so that I can clearly see right away what is new and what is old Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple accounts, this is an easy way to download the emails for all of them. This is a great product, and seems to be the best alternative for businesses looking for a Linux mail client based on our experience and research For private, freelance and even small business use, Thunderbird will be an easy to use mail client that is not too dissimilar in interface from major mail clients. Some email providers let you access your mail via POP3 instead of IMAP, so it isn't retained on their servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to view customers pictures only making it easier to help them out I have several Google Calendars synced with Lightning My company has reaped the benefits of government grants for projects We save on licenses of MS Office, Thunderbird is multiplatform and we use it on Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS X and GNU o Linux because we have very heterogenous infrastructure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Thunderbird is an advanced e-mail client and an excellent alternative to paid solutions, with many of the same features as its counterparts at the best price. The program has the most important functions such as intelligent folders, e-mails with cards, advanced search tools, and a simple e-mail configuration wizard. It also gives you access to several add-ons that add additional features, such as a calendar, to Thunderbird. Like Gmail and Outlook, it searches for words such as "attachment" and reminds you to attach a file if you haven't done so. Thunderbird is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It's open-source and completely free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Thunderbird's biggest downside is the unstable support for the project by the developers and the very governmental updates that do not make big changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using ThunderBird, I recommend it to those looking for a budget solution that will allow you to browse the mail from the system level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ThunderBird allows me to browse several e-mails on my computer, which saves me time to check them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Thunderbird permette di mantenere sotto controllo tutte le caselle di posta, sia ordinaria che pec, e grazie alle estensioni è possibile personalizzare ogni singolo aspetto ed utilità. Utilissima la funzione tramite plugin importexporttools per esportare in pdf le email selezionate in automatico su una cartella, utilissima per salvare le pec di accettazione e consegna.

Inoltre, l'export dei messaggi in mbox funziona benissimo e in maniera semplice è possibile caricare i messaggi di backup e trovare vecchie email.

Consigliato a tutti! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

La versione installata senza plugin è fin troppo scarna di opzioni: mancano ad esempio i controlli per il testo (evidenziatore, cambio rapido colore, ecc.) e le pec non sono supportate pienamente. Installando dei plugin si risolve il tutto, ma sarebbe opportuno integrare queste funzionalità direttamente nel software base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Se volete un software flessibile, capace di salvare la posta senza avere intoppi in import futuri, Thunderbird è il software giusto.

Cercando tra gli infiniti plugin disponibili si può personalizzare veramente ogni aspetto Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Il salvataggio massivo in pdf delle email non è più un problema per me: le email vengono trasformate in pdf in sequenza e salvate nella cartella indicata con nome uguale all'oggetto dell'email; basta inserire il codice identificativo dell'email all'inizio dell'oggetto ed automaticamente avrete i pdf ordinati pronti per l'archiviazione Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Data Analyst
What do you like best?

Thunderbird is a reliable service, in terms of security it is one of the best alternatives, it is open source and thus it is constantly being improved by the large community of users behind it. The desktop application can be customizable, it has a lot of skins. Thunderbird has a really useful spam filter, which allows you to create your criteria to filter your emails. One of the best features of this system is that it can be supplemented with extensions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Thunderbird could have a better mobile application, It is a little uncomfortable since it has a design that seems outdated, however, it is well operative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thunderbird may seem confusing at first, however its interface becomes easier while you use it, it's free and very complete, you can populate it without losing anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thunderbird has made it possible to manage emails, since when working with this software emails have been efficiently organized, in addition, calendar and task manager functions have worked well, and even better after the implementation of extensions designed to handle tasks . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web developer
What do you like best?

Thunderbird is offering everything the simple user and administartor needs, me as a normal user can add my email with just a few clicks and read messages from my mail directly on my computer, i really liked the idea on tasks and calendar, i find it really useful and use it alot to remind me things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has a big learning curve, without search out on google how to add/remove mails i wouldnt know how to use the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn how to use it on google before downloading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thunderbird is giving me the option to normally be on my computer and when there is any message, a popup and a sound would pop so i can be alerted any time when i got a new income mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.