EZCare Reviews & Product Details

EZCare Overview

What is EZCare?

EZCare online software is designed for today's childcare professional and makes enrollment, billing, scheduling, and parent engagement easy. Web-based and mobile optimized, you can access your data on every device. EZCare family engagement tools include EZSmiles, a mobile app that keeps parents connected to your center throughout the day, and a parent portal that lets parents make payments, and update child/family information. These tools promote family-child conversation and increase engagement at home.

EZCare Details
Discussions
EZCare Community

EZCare provides a complete software solution for managing every aspect of your child care, daycare, or afterschool program.

The only software maker with over 30 years of child care management software experience and offering the latest in innovative technology.
EZCare, is online software for today's child care professional.

SofterWare, Inc.
1981
Fort Washington, PA
@readysetauction
93 Twitter followers

EZCare Videos

EZCare Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the EZCare community
Have you used EZCare before?

EZCare Reviews

Showing 51 EZCare reviews
Already have EZCare?
Executive Director Youth & Family
What do you like best?

We love that we can easily create reports with EZCare for whatever information we are looking for. It is very user friendly. The reports are easy to create and make the childcare directors job more efficient. We also like that EZCare can be accessed from offsite locations. This also make it easier on directors when they do not have to be at their desk to access information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I would like to see, is that parents could update their information remotely into EZCare. We'd like to be able to send them paperwork that needs updated annually and have the parents update the forms online. Currently, parents fill out hard copies and a staff member must input the information into the EZCare system which can be very time consuming. This day and age everyone wants to do things online. It can be very difficult to get paper hard copies back from parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving issues of running the reports we need to make everyone's job easier. In the past parents would pay by check and we had to manually input all the information into the system, now payments are electronically drafted and parents can pay online which is saving everyone time. This process has reduced our outstanding accounts by 75%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like that I am able to keep by enrollment information and my accounting information all in one place. It's nice to be able to do a "one stop shop" when helping parents. I also LOVE the parent portal and the ease of use if provides parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports can be a bit confusing at times. It would be helpful to have some kind of cheat sheet or even a little pop up window for the reports to help understand the information each report will generate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the community webpage as much as possible. Often times when there are problems with the system the solutions can be found there. Feel free to make suggestions on improvements as the company is great about implementing them. Don't hesitate to contact support, even if you think the problem is minimal. They are always happy to help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made it so much easier to keep track of our enrollment. Our center is part of a larger university community and the reports have been amazing in helping us gather the data we need for mandatory reporting to the university. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Assistant
What do you like best?

I like best that the parents have their own access and can view their ledgers. This makes less printing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot just go from one child to the next in alphabetic order like the old system. Also that in the schedule tab there is no one to choose to make the schedule all week or just a few days, you have to fill or delete everything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this upgraded web based system is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit is the parent portal and the online payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fiscal Administrator
What do you like best?

Tuition posting is a simple 2 click process. Receiving payments online is so simple. Automatically post to the students account and nothing needs to be done by us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really aren't any, but I guess just make the report auto PDF when it is produced. But this is minor and doesn't make a difference in the overall quality of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are not currently facing any issues with EZCare. Tuition receipt is so much faster and quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

The EZcare package is easy to use without much instruction. The SafeSave Gateway payment add on module program is a great compliment and removes the time out of manually entering deposits. The custom report writer adds another level of perfecting the documents to our company. The support staff has been efficient and knowledgeable to quickly fix my issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As much as I like the feature of SafeSave Gateway Payment module I have issues at the end of the month with payments made that some clear and some don't clear our account until the following month but group those deposits together when exported. This becomes a problem in balancing checking accounts. Love EZcare but now there is no longer a General Ledger package to help support the package and make it a complete accounting package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have viewed a lot of childcare software packages and this one is by far the best I have found. I am able to breakdown a large school into general ledger categories, print room rosters, aging reports, automatic monthly billing, as well as my staff information. I can't begin to describe the time savings and efficiency by having this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the system and generating needed reports easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can't tweak reports to the format I am looking for, more options for individual modifications might be nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The EZCare team is very supportive and will help you get started and anytime needed. This is a great organizational tool for both employee info and student info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More accurate info on payments and tuition owed, ease of paying on line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

EZCare has great customer service representatives. Each time I call with a question or two, they are very helpful and spend as much time as needed until I understand everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find the software to look a little outdated. Could use a fresh look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None that I know of. I love that we can upload a picture of the children. It makes it easier for me to identify in case I need to call a parent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use wherever I am! The biking and ez eft is convenient for parents and staff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Small font and inability to enlarge especially when posting AR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less NSF, more up to date accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Then best thing about EZ Care is the ability to create and run reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes EZ Care can be very slow. Not sure if that's on our end or EZ Care's,

but that can be frustrating at times.

I will be calling customer care to see it we can clear up a few concerns we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Care is very friendly and easy to talk with and to solve our problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Director
What do you like best?

I like that I can check children's records from home or wherever I am Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not being able to create my own reports yet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it's been so nice being able to answer parents' questions even when I'm not in my office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The ease of changing reports myself without always the help of tech support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish the Contracted page could read the Schedule page and we wouldn't have to change the Hour Type when sessions differ. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like the ease of the reports from EZ Care because we have site supervisors who have a need for different types of reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Being able to post weekly tuition with the click of a button, EZ-EFT is a lifesaver when it comes to collecting dues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Learning the many functions of EZCare and utilizing to it's full capacity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EZ-EFT auto draft has helped to maintain regular payments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Invoicing and tracking payments. The family ledger is used quite frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not believe that I have found anything that needs to be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly encourage other programs to use EZCare. It has been a great asset to our program. We save time billing, tracking payments and family accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using EZCare has been time saver. It is great tool to track parent payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

the customer service!!! always quick and friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the switching of our system, but couldn't really have been helped... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

very easy use for the families Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate. If you need help, their phone support is exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our company uses the interface between EzCare and QuickBooks. This particular interface does not always work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business benefits-frees up a lot of time so you can work on other tasks. I especially like when the families use Click to Pay and EFT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems and Software Manager
What do you like best?

From an IT perspective, we love not having to host our own dedicated server to this software, and from the preschool perspective, they can send a text or email to parents at anytime, anywhere from any device that connects to the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike (if you can really even call it that), is that the software is still in development. It isn't FULLY fleshed out yet, but new content is brought in almost monthly. Reports, functionality, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can use any device that connects to the internet to send emails and texts to parents. We have a true online enrollment system for new families not based on Google forms anymore. No more need for paper based enrollment. Webinars, and online training for the staff. Increased efficiency in administrative work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Facilitator
What do you like best?

I like the customer service the best. Whenever I have a question about anything or just doubting my capabilities, I can call them and they will walk me through all the steps. The tracking of all the information of all my children in one place is such a convenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is so much this system does that you find yourself playing with the system to learn it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it , you will like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When parents come back after years of being dis-enroll , asking for financial information. It would take me weeks to go through boxes and find the information. With EZ care, I can tell them to come in that day or the next. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Frank Harms of EZCare

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your business and I will let our customer service team know how much you like their service.

Daycare Director
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of how everything works and when anything new is added there’s always information that comes along to explain it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like is that when putting in family info I have to list the addresses of emergency contacts. I will never visit these people I only need their phone numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping up with all the different charges for parents who have various schedules/fees. The benefit of utilizing EZ Care is that I have all my info available to me in an easy and quickly accessible format.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Frank Harms of EZCare

It is so gratifying to read such a nice review.

Your comment about the need to enter the address of emergency contacts is a good one. You'll be happy to know that this requirement has recently been turned off and is no longer necessary.

Thank you again. We appreciate your business and keep the suggestions coming.

UE
What do you like best?

The ability to run reports by selecting various options to see high level data, detail data, data by date, ledger account, class, etc. Also that both student and staff data is in one place. The ability to archive prior year's data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports are "clunky" - too many steps to open and close reports. After every report I run, I'm asked if I want to save it as a default - why?

VERY inconvenient that you can only open one window at a time. Far too difficult to work between multiple reports because you have to keep closing and opening different reports.

That there is no ability to archive families that are no longer current. The system includes a green, red or yellow indicator to indicate whether they are current, etc., but we still have to scroll through all of them. The list gets longer every year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Interaction between EZ Care and Quickbooks is not perfect, but the rumor is that it is the best available. Be prepared for discrepancies and reconciliation issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reconciling between our student revenue input system (EZ-Care) and Quickbooks.

Ability for our customers to pay online using EFT and automatic deductions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Education Management
What do you like best?

Unlike other products we had tried, ez care was great from the management aspect because it makes the whole enrollment process so much easier than doing everything with forms. From enrollment to entering their information, taking care of billing, its all in one spot and all electronical kept. It makes someone like myself, who likes things organized, very happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My teachers didn't particularly like the way in which they were communicating to and from the parents. They found other programs to be more friendly and easier to use. I would keep ez care for management tools, but to keep my teachers happy we also need a different program in which they can communicate to the parents in an easier way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it would be possible for my teachers to have liked the product more if I would have done a better job training them. To future users, I would suggest a good training session before going live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like I had stated earlier, as a manager it helps organize the enrollment process, which can be a huge benefit. But from my staff, they simply grew frustrated with the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Administrator
Legal Services
What do you like best?

I love their customer service! Any time we have an issue all I have to do is call them and they are able to walk us through it. They are extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing! They are awesome. Our parents love it as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made our attendance and our billing a million times easier! We cannot say enough good things about them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how seamless the payment processing suite works with the ledgers. The number of reports that are available is phenomenal...anything you think you'd need to run, it's there. Best thing? You can customize all reports! BONUS: Customer Service is on point. I have always had excellent service from the reps, and their online forum is a great resource as well. For small businesses, this program is a time-saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple things that come up once and again when editing reports, but nothing that can't be fixed or figured out with a little research. I'm always hitting up the forum or calling customer service if I can't find the answer there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We track all of our students with this program. Past, present--we are able to manage accounts, invoice tuition, take payments, all through this amazing program. It syncs with QuickBooks, which makes our bookkeeper very happy! Ease of use, top-notch! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and user friendly. The reports are easy to customize and easy to use as well. If there is ever an issue the support team is awesome and can always help answer questions or offer a solution to any issues if there is one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that the program does not run with Google Chrome. We primarily use Chrome for all of our internet use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our billing structure is a bit complex and it is able to do the things we need it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Customer service is great. Issues resolved in timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

System is not very intuitive. Seems a bit clunky Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this system for childcare administration. We can monitor class sizes and ratios as well as automatically accept payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Frank Harms of EZCare

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, it is truly invaluable.

We are thrilled to hear that our team is helping you with everything each time you contact us for assistance. You have a whole Success Team here dedicated to your organization, and our goal is to ensure you are getting the most out of your system.

I welcome you to contact our Client Relations Team 800-220-3537 to discuss how we can increase your satisfaction even more!

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and very easy to learn. The support is top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the credit card fees were a little cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the program for after school billing, reporting and attendance for both children and staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.