AfterShip Reviews & Product Details

AfterShip Overview

What is AfterShip?

AfterShip is a web-based software that helps you keep your customers updated on the status of their deliveries from your online shop.

AfterShip Details

AfterShip
2012
Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
@aftership
Answer a few questions to help the AfterShip community
Have you used AfterShip before?

AfterShip Reviews

Showing 16 AfterShip reviews
Already have AfterShip?
What do you like best?

I like the whole interface and how easy it is to add orders to your account and how its smart enough to identify the correct courier partner most of the times. The auto-update feature is great and ensures that one doesn't have to refresh over and over again to be able to check the details of their orders. The sync option although buggy is a great idea too, and the selection of apps that it can connect with is an added bonus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that they need to work on the amazon and google sync, because more often than not it identifies random spam messages in my inbox as tracking ids and a lot of times doesn't add orders that actually do exist. It would also be nice to see more support for apps like flipkart and myntra in India. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it, without a second thought, it's the best app to manage your shipments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The consistent need to monitor your shipment both incoming and outgoing is obliterated. It's very convenient to use and it's a one stop platform that supports most of the shipment carriers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

when working, it helps our business become proactive with unreceived deliveries by being able to contact customers in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer Service - With tech services like this, you know that the service may fail from time to time but the customer service must always be there to answer to responses in an acceptable 24 hour period. Whether the issue is ongoing or solved there has to be constant communication to resolve the issue. I have asked them if they have a phone number or other ways I could get in touch through support but did not get any response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Aftership is a great product when it works. The only downside is their poor customer service. Leap at your own risk :) . In these days of age, I do not know how a strong service like this could have poor customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Aftership has not worked for us since Nov 29 (Tracking numbers are not updating) And we have sent a support ticket last Nov 29. They keep on saying that it's been resolved and every time I check it still has the same problem. The last email I received from them was Dec 4 telling me that everything is already working. After checking on my end, it still has the same problem. I emailed several times already and until now Dec 10. I haven't received a response from them. I'll be giving them a few more days and after that, I will cancel our account with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like Aftership's ability to manage multiple different E-commerce apps in one easy to use platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find at times the tracking information customer's receive isn't always up to date in comparison with the individual's courier tracking status Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider if the time you save on customer service is worth the cost of the software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Aftership to save a lot of time automating the customer service and logistical ends of my business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Administrator
What do you like best?

What I like most about AfterShip is that it works very smoothly and stable after you connect and set it up with your ecommerce website. I use AfterShip to connect to my Shopify store, it automatically imports the tracking numbers on my shop into AfterShip's system. After the track numbers are imported, AfterShip also imports customers' information such as email, phone, etc, so it can send an email to the customer notifying them of the status change regarding their tracking information.

In addition, the interface of AfterShip is very easy to use, I do not need to know technical knowledge to be able to set it up. So it didn't take me too long to get used to it.

In addition, the operation of AfterShip is completely automatic, from importing tracking numbers, emailing customers with updates from their tracking information,...

AfterShip's dashboard is also useful as it gives me a visual overview of all my shipments, helps me better manage and detect problems such as delays or misplacements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although AfterShip announced that they can support nearly 450 couriers around the world, but sometimes I also encounter cases where AfterShip can not automatically detect my tracking number from any courier. so sometimes I have to update manually.

What I don't like about AfterShip the most is their customer support team is so bad. Sometimes when I need to contact them, almost no response will be received or very late. This makes me very annoyed. AfterShip should improve better on this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think AfterShip is suitable for any business that needs to track the goods and products they send. AfterShip will help businesses save time and effort in assisting customers on shipping related issues. Everyone should try using it for their business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I integrated AfterShip into my Shopify website to improve my customer support. Because AfterShip works almost automatically, it also saves me time and effort to answer customers about shipping related issues. In general, I feel quite satisfied when using AfterShip for my ecommerce store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adeel ( Store manager)
What do you like best?

Aftership is good tool to track all the shipments associated to your online store. Hassle free tracking data to track. We can track return in the same account. Easy to integrate with any other app or software. We are loving it. Thank you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have integrations with all bigger e-commerce apps/softwares. But we have requested to add integration for a software we are using but they don't have integrations for that yet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this to e-commerce store owners for hassle free tacking data for orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's good so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Graphic Designer
Design
What do you like best?

Altership is designed way better, and has all the necessary features needed for order tracking, both for customer and shop manager. easy to use and works without any problems. Even the basic free plan works amazingly well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still doesn't support many courier companies. I'd like it could be improved with a more carriers feature which would make it much more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AfterShip also has a free plan that you can try without custom domain. so just look carefully all the options, Even if you are not thinking of use, give it a try, is free and awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Their wocommerce support made a big difference to my ecommerce site giving customers the possibility to check and know where their order is going. Happy I found it! And one of the best things is also finding a this site with excellent support. I had some minor issues and the support was prompt, friendly and helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Specialist
What do you like best?

The best aspect for me is the way shipments can be easily tracked. The interface is simple, nicely designed and easy to use.

Another thing I like is the availability of mobile apps which enable easy scanning of bar codes and receiving push notifications.

I also like that the service is quite affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can complain about is that delivery status aren't as promptly updated on the apps as on the website. Other than that I have no other complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Aftership is really useful for tracking shipments from different providers all from a simple interface. Because everything can be tracked from a central dashboard, it ensures that nothing is missed and greatly speed up productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The UI is pretty but otherwise not functional enough for the requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This software has an extremely buggy courier allocation system which does not respond correctly to the use of carrier slugs.

This in itself would not be a problem except that this company (unethically in my opinion) do not allow you to reassign the correct carrier once the order is in their system.

Thus you get stuck with thousands of tracking numbers which you are paying to track but which can't track (because they are set to the wrong courier).

Reaching out to customer support results in a back and forth exchange with no resolution as this is apparently the correct functionality.

Aftership should rename themselves to "After ship - don't care". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are numerous other alternatives out there just now. Just check Google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Aftership is supposed to monitor your tracking and provide realtime tracking to users - except its buggy and those bugs are going to hurt your bank balance (at a cost of $0.08 per tracking) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative CEO
What do you like best?

The program was easy to use. It linked to WordPress easily. It had customizable email notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service was terrible. They took days to respond. They were not flexible. I have a small business and dont ship very often and ways o Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use ShipStation. or woocommerce shipping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a way to inform my customers their tracking info when I send out a product. The notifications were easy to use and customizable. Professional looking. I liked the program but bad business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Retail
What do you like best?

Aftership is definitely an easy program to use. It’s very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had forgotten my password so I requested that Aftership send me a link to reset my password. When I went to try to reset with the new link I was locked out which was a bit frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking shipm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to add the tracking from the order! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not link well with emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers receiving emails regarding tracking! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I like the webhook of aftership so we can get instant updates regarding our shipments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes we are not getting accurate updates for canada post trackings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great application to track shipments and integrate with shipstation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

api for track shipping updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

This company ensures the best quality service I've experience to date with shipping. I encountered an issue when shipping locally and customer service was prompt, and very friendly to work with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've thought long and hard on this, and I fortunately can say I haven't experienced any dislikes to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This company has strong customer ethics when it comes to handling concerns, definitely would recommend for all shipping needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online selling, international shipping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

It is very likely software as it helps me a lot in my company.it is the #1 tracking solution for me in my company. It supports more than 536 couriers worldwide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike because it has helped me a lot.it provides customers or engage them by branded tracking package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has impacted my work in a great way.it sends pro active delivery updates start engaging with customers after sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Entry Specialist
What do you like best?

I am a seller on Ebay and this software help to track outgoing packages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many notifications after order being shipped Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None at this time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Excellent shipment tracking dashboard that gives a high level overview of all shipped orders and at what stage of the shipping process they are at with the ability to drill down by stage to individual orders. The ability to have a custom domain name for our account allows us to keep a unified brand images to our customers. Highly configurable in the ways you can implement tracking for your customers: confirmation email link, tracking page on your site, tracking buttons next to individual items when customers log into their store account and view order history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Online FAQ and setup documentation seems a bit outdated. Some of the installation guides need to be revamped for code changes within Shopify themes. Support is good at taking care of this, but it adds time to implementation (<2 days). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The developers of Aftership also offer a compelling Shopify App that helps manage product returns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a 3rd party partner to provide a customer self-service option for tracking their orders through shipment. Having this ability front and center in multiple formations has helped reduce our customer service inquiries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.