Exago

Ask Exago a Question
Showing 77 Exago reviews
Emily M.

"Nick Cortina Review"

What do you like best?

The functionality of Exago checks all of the boxes for our business needs. The report builder interface is very easy to use. I like how it looks like an Excel spreadsheet, which makes making changes on the reports intuitive. The best part of our Exago experience so far though has been our Business Intelligence Consultant, Nick. Nick is very knowledgeable on the product, has a great attitude, and is always willing to help us. He truly embodies what I think "customer success" should look like.

What do you dislike?

The formulas in the report builder can be a bit tricky as our reporting team is not very savvy in this area, but Nick has been incredibly helpful with this. He is patient as we learn, and he makes sure to articulate and explain how and why he is doing things.

Exago has allowed us to create a consolidated reporting tool for our clients. We also will have the ability to give our clients scheduled reporting.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Exago
Glen K.

"Lots of customization options, fantastic support"

What do you like best?

I like all the options inside the engine of the software for customizing things like security and the ability to plug into various points of the reporting pipeline to enable almost any type of customization if there is something that the software can't do by default.

What do you dislike?

The software has added lots of feature since we first came on, which is great, but has also seemed to have gotten slower to render over that time as well. I believe they are currently working on this though which should help us going forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exago has a great support team and are willing to work with you on getting the solution going. They also have a quality on boarding to get it rolled out quickly.

We needed a way to provide ad-hoc reporting to our end users and also a better reporting engine for our own static reports that could fit into our current software.

What Embedded Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Steve W.

"Easily the best reporting tool that I have ever used. Dedicated team with frequent enhancements."

What do you like best?

I actually enjoy using the tool! My job involves creating reports for various clients. It sounds silly, but when I have a well defined reporting project on my plate, it is one of the most enjoyable things that I get to do. Exago makes it easy as long as your data is ready to go. It is a satisfying tool to use because you can get great results with relatively minimal effort. And if you want take it farther, you can do that too.

Sometimes I'm a little disappointed when clients tell me that they are only interested in raw data that they want to dump into Excel. Fine, Exago can easily do that, but creating beautiful reports and dashboards that stand on their own is absolutely possible as well.

I love the nested grouping, conditional formatting, row and column suppression (I use this quite often for QA). Formula writing and building complex filters are intuitive and familiar to anyone with the most basic coding (or Excel) background.

I've worked with a few different Exago team members, and they are friendly and dedicated. They provide regular product enhancements and releases that always seem to find new ways to make a good thing even better.

What do you dislike?

Any improvements I can come up with seem trivial when compared to the existing functionality of Exago. I have definitely wished for more out-of-the-box functions for formula writing. Exago does provide a mechanism for adding your own custom functions at will, but our enterprise installation keeps that out of my personal reach. It's small, but I wish there was an option for properly formatted code indenting when writing cumbersome formulas with something like nested IF statements. I typically copy this out into Sublime or some other code editor to write it, then paste it back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you haven't seen Exago, definitely arrange to see a demo. It's not necessarily a complex tool by any stretch, but I would say that there is a short, steep learning curve to get over just one time. Once you do that, you are on your way.

Exago allows us to embed "Advanced Reporting" tools directly with our existing product. It has become a key part of our reporting solutions.

Tim K.

"Been using Exago for 7 years - a mission critical component of Sageworks enterprise banking solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - you don't need a programming background to develop complex reports/dashboards

Extensibility - we implemented server events, custom UX, database report management and others

Enhancements - I've asked for enhancements and they've done all of them, the latest was ExpressViews

Security - As a Saas based platform with highly sensitive data, our auditors and examiners approve!

Support - The best.. They'll happily jump on a GoToMeeting and resolve report or environment issues.

What do you dislike?

Implementing report scheduling in a complex web farm environment can be challenging

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time organizing your datasources logically so users can easily produce the reports they are looking for.

Exago reporting capabilities are the lifeblood of the Sageworks solutions, bank cannot operate without it.

It is used across every module and embedded directly into the product suite.

Sageworks Analytics & Reporting allows banks and credit unions to produce ad hoc reports using any data field within the Sageworks database. Custom reports, including disclosures or backtesting reports, can be generated in HTML, Excel, CSV, RTF and PDF. The product also allows users to create dashboards – visual representations of the portfolio – to distill information by role in the institution.

Harriet J.

"Exago enables us to give our customers a flexible and powerful reporting tool"

What do you like best?

- We have a great working relationship with Exago. They listen to our needs and help us to solve issues. Response time via their online support system is great. And when we've run into issues, they devote the time or resources needed to resolve them.

- They release new features several times a year - the product is always changing and becoming more feature-rich.

- Exago allows us to provide canned reports to address our customers' common reporting needs AND give them the power to create their own reports.

- We decide and control when we will take a new release of the Exago software.

- We were able to customize the display so that customers using the German and Spanish versions of our software see it in their native language rather than English.

What do you dislike?

Our data set is very large so response time in opening and running reports is a little slower than we'd like. Exago informed us that an upcoming release will contain performance enhancements that should address these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Test it against your data, including some large data scenarios.

- Take the time to create the reports or dashboards your customers need most. This will help ensure that the product can support those requirements.

We have 8000 customers who range from small IT service providers to large MSP's with hundreds of employees. With Exago embedded into our software, customers can create, run, and schedule the reports they need to manage their business and maximize revenue.

Jeffrey B.

"Excellent Implementation Team"

What do you like best?

I have worked with several technology companies in the past and have mixed results. The team at Exago was so helpful and knowledgeable, it really made implementing their reporting tools a snap. They continue to support our relationship and really try to ensure our success.

What do you dislike?

This is a required field for the review but in all honesty, there was nothing that I disliked about any experience I have had with Exago thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The are a lot of BI tools out there and we reviewed 12 of them before choosing Exago. They checked all of our requirement needs and helped us bring a good looking product to market. But it is the support team at Exago that really shines.

Ad Hoc reporting is a huge selling point in my industry. Exago lets us deliver that functionality to our clients in a seamless way.

Steven N.

"Great product, great support"

What do you like best?

Great client support. Exago has gone above and beyond at times to assist us. As a growing company, they have done a great job of managing user expectations while simultaneously growing their organization.

What do you dislike?

Exago has its challenges like any other software. While it is difficult to point out specific dislikes, the support staff has always been open and honest with our inquiries.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep listening to your clients and provide A+ support

We work with varying and every changing datasets, with sometimes enthusiastic reporting requirements which we are able to handle. We sometimes go beyond tables, graphs, and dashboards. At times we push past what Exago may be designed for and create some complex text documents. Since implementing Exago, we are able to create reports quickly and repeatably to meet our client's needs.

"Powerful Embedded BI Solution"

What do you like best?

Flexible and powerful reporting capabilities - Exago goes above and beyond the reporting needs of our users. The solution has a ton of native functionality, and it's easy to add custom features. As the primary reporting solution embedded within our web application, Exago BI is critical to our users' success and goes a long way toward extending the usefulness of our site. With all the functionality Exago has, the user interface is straight forward and makes it possible for non technical users to get the reports they need.

Exago is also constantly releasing compelling new features - we find ourselves upgrading a few times a year to take advantage of all the new stuff.

What do you dislike?

If I had been asked this a year ago I would have said dashboards, but with recent product releases these have been greatly improved.

Exago provides the users of our web application a fully featured reporting tool. Using Exago, users can take advantage of default reports we've published as well as easily create fully custom reports combining and manipulating data.

Aseem C.

"Good product, great support and awesome team"

What do you like best?

As with every solution to be integrated within a enterprise product, we started out with technical evaluation of Exago against other solutions in the market.

Right from get go, Exago was on top.

We were able to find all the important information like system requirements, globalisation/internationalisation support, multi-tenancy support either from the amazing Support website or from the in-depth & fun demos.

Kris, Emma, Travis & the rest of the team is just brilliant at what they do.

We were put in touch with the technical team up front so that we could get all our technical requirements like embedding, CORS, Security, folder management taken care of.

So what I like the best, is that not only the product is awesome, but so are the people in Exago.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike.

Sure, the product isn't the best or most perfect, no product can be!

But when we raised legitimate bugs, we received a promise for a patch and then the patch on the promised date.

What more can you ask?

We set out to evaluate and then integrate Exago to mainly achieve the following:

1. Provide a full fledged report designing capability as part of our product (white labeled & embedded)

2. Provide out of the box dashboards & kick ass reports which our customers could then use and/or use as a base to design their own reports.

3. Fill the gap within our product for a BI & reporting capability.

We have been managed to fulfill all of these and more.

Exago provides the ability to white label training & help documentation, videos etc. as well as we provided webinars for our clients to learn designing reports using Exago,

Don B.

"New Release (v2018.2) Training"

What do you like best?

Ease of use on the visualizations and filters in the dashboards. The visualization have changed quite a bit. This will allow clients that we support to understand, manipulate and capture hidden jewels of data more easily

What do you dislike?

The new tutorial mode could be longer. This is a new feature that was just released and I expect the positive feedback from this introduction that the feature will expand in its use. It is similar to a walk through with pop-ups that provide richer detail on the functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very comprehensive reporting tool.

Optimization of client assets and cost reductions for unique infrastructure challenges in the maritime environment.

Terry S.

"Working with Exago has been a pleasant experience"

What do you like best?

I don't feel like we are just a number with Exago and that we truly are a business partner. Anytime a question or issue has come up, we get a quick response and work together to come up with a suitable solution.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to report as a dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone considering implementing a new reporting/BI software should definitely take a look at Exago for their customer centric approach to service and solutions.

Our customers want access to their data in a lot of different ways and our prior software was limited on what we could offer. Exago provides the capability of providing basic reports with filtering, dashboards, and true BI. This type of flexibility allows us to offer our customers several ways of accessing and viewing their data which is critical to the growth of their business.

Scott D.

"Flexible tool, great support"

What do you like best?

Our application works pretty seemly with the Exago tool. The support and assistance is great, new features added are often just what we need.

We would like to use more features available and need more time to appreciate all what the tool can offer.

What do you dislike?

We sometimes have issues keeping up with the upgrades. We can't take advantage of all the new features.

Demo database is often not like our product but usually pretty easy to move past this on a call or webex.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please plan your implementation and phases with using it.

Awesome point in time reporting for all users and clients globally. In our old process reports were hard coded and not flexible. Now this is no longer an issue.

Tom C.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

While I have struggled to find information in the documentation the support team has been top notch with most responses coming within 24 hours and some within minutes.

What do you dislike?

I have struggled with configuration a few times. For example, attempting to get a connection to my .net assembly has yet to succeed and I have about three hours in it so far. I have found information on it in three different locations, only one example and I am pretty sure the example is wrong.

We hope to get a unified reporting experience with solid export and print capabilities.

Colin J.

"Praise for Nick Cortina"

What do you like best?

Exago is a powerful and versatile platform that has allowed our company to build a series or reports that meet our particular needs. THe support we have received from Nick Cortina has been second to non, and has been instrumental in our ability to comfortably utilize the Exago platform.

What do you dislike?

I do wish some aspects were slightly more intuitive. However, with practice, it's usually possible to understand how to perform a function through trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take advantage of the live support Exago offers. Their support staff is first rate and a pleasure to work with.

we're attempting to build out a customized reporting suite that will allow us to tailor our transaction reporting to specific merchant use-cases.

Jonathan G.

"Flexible and powerful reporting"

What do you like best?

The ease to create simple to complex reports and dashboards that can be filtered dynamically. Casual users will easily be able to create reports with detailed ans summarized data while advanced users will be able to create complex reports with advanced calculations and graphs.

What do you dislike?

Some functional limitations. We faced some challenges with drill-down capabilities and with graphing but the support team at Exago was there and helped us find solutions and workarounds.

We integrated Exago into our HCM software to help our clients make some sense of the data handled by our software. We are supplying a library of generic reports and dashboards with our software so our clients already have something to work with. The goal is also to inspire them with our examples so they can start to think about new ways to analyse their data and build their own reports.

Also, the fact that we have a BI tool integrated is a nice selling point when approaching prospects.

Christien D.

"Choosing a Great Partner: Exago's BI Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

Fantastic Communication. Whether it is the Exago Team, or the system. I come from the business development side of our business and to be able to get immediate responses to questions, or that clients can get the same from the Exago system for their analysis needs, reflects positively on SMS's .

What do you dislike?

Seriously? Absolutely nothing. We are a relatively small start-up and as such can be proportionately overly demanding on vendors as we go through our own learning curve. The Exago team have taken the time to understand our business model to better respond to our questions and help our clients achieve the best results.

Our core business model deals with small businesses of 20 employees + in regulatory compliance. We have an enterprise division which then deals with large global clients. Our challenge was to support the smaller companies in their reporting when they did not have the level of data, or expertise to justify an overly complex BI reporting tool. SMS360 did not want to have a high maintenance product either. On the other end of the scale we have the large complex organizations (500-5000+ employees) who have more complex reporting requirements and who want either SMS or their own personnel to be able to manage their constantly changing reports requirements. Exago BI allows SMS to manage both options affordably, and in return pass across those savings to our clients.

AI
Administrator in Insurance

"Wonderful Technology and Even Better People"

What do you like best?

Exago is exactly what we've been looking for in a business partner and BI solution. Their BI tool is simple to learn and has every feature we we're looking for. They constantly add updates and do a great job of driving innovations that their clients want to see. Exago BI's roadmap is packed with exciting new features we're really looking forward to implementing. Everyone we've worked with in the company has been top notch and excellent to work with. They've been very responsive to our needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens have smaller font and dropdown menu items so it can be challenging to use. We've recreated these screens on the front end so it became a non-issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We looked at 5 different BI companies. There are dozens out there that all have their own way of doings things as far as features/ look and feel goes. We knew their technology was great but their people really make the company who they are. Their ownership team have been amazing and their support team is second to none.

Our current solution has antiquated reporting capabilities and we've really reached the top of it's capabilities. We looked for a solution that would not only replace what exists today but also to add to the feature set we offer. Exago brings so much more to the forefront with Dashboards and several options for report creation. We've replaced our canned reports, added a report creator and built out several Dashboards that our clients will love. Exago does a great job supporting new clients and provides a great training program. Their monthly workshops have been great to insure we're taking advantage of all of their capabilities.

Chris F.

"Excellent Software, Amazing Support"

What do you like best?

Exago is one of the most robust tools we use in our organization. Most notably, the ability to schedule reports via email has added a significant value to us, and our clientele.

What do you dislike?

Data joins add complexity to our clients, as our clients are looking for the ability to easily drag-and-drop. Partly due to our data architecture.

Solving customers' needs to analyze their business in a simplistic way.

Bala S.

"Excellent Self Service BI tool with a modern, easy to use and intuitive user interface! "

What do you like best?

- First Class Customer Support! (On an average we never had to wait more than a day to get any type of resolution)

- Express Reports (very popular with our users since it takes less than 3 minutes to create a simple report)

- Quick Dashboard (where you can drag and drop fields to create a dashboard)

- Themes (Yes - we often see people excited about this)

- Report Format Support (All popular formats are supported)

- Report Scheduler

What do you dislike?

- Exago doesn't offer a Central / Global Search

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exago offers a simple yet super intuitive BI tool along with top notch service and training! Exago can cater reporting needs of all types of end users regardless of their database knowledge or report writing skills! I highly recommend Exago to anyone who wants to provide exceptional BI experience to their user base!

We are trying to provide the end user with the power to write, share and schedule their own reports, especially users who have "NO" reporting/database background. This is where Exago scores the best. It is not only easy to implement but also has a fully interactive, easy to learn user interface which has become very popular amongst our user base. Exago has helped us save a considerable amount of time and also concentrate on other areas of our business by moving out of the traditional report writing process.

Rick A.

"Great Partner"

What do you like best?

Exago is a pleasure to work with. They are very open to feedback and have a great staff. They are very responsive to requests and they get their customers involved to ensure the maximum benefit to customers.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes at this time with the software. Satisfied customer

We have a large volume of customers who all run their business differently, and thus we need a flexible and easy to use self-service reporting tool. Exago provides us with that tool. We have recently taken the software in an exciting direction as we enable customers to create their own dashboards embedded in our software.

David T.

"Exago is truly the only choice"

What do you like best?

Straight forward company with good business ethics, they listen and care as much about their product as they do their customers and their clients.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it your first stop.

I've researched many different BI's before landing on Exago. I have to say, they not only had the best Demo but a very friendly team to present it. They recognized our needs and targeted just what we needed.

Our business relies heavily on our clients being able to get to their data quickly, accurately and be able to retrieve and download it to the platform of their choice. Exago not only does that but it does it in a very timely and efficient manner.

We currently are using Izenda and the interface falls short of providing an ease of access as well as being able to handle large data files. Exago on the other hand uses a very comprehensive tree like drag and drop interface that is very easy to use. Accessibility to data is very friendly and simple. The real shocker is how Exago handles large data dumps. Very quickly into any format.

I consider a reporting tool like a calling card to our clients and I expect a product that will make us look and feel professional and Exago does just that, and they feel the same way about our clients as we do. The more successful we are to our clients in the reporting field the more successful Exago is to us and the industry.

We are in the first implementation of Exago, but if this goes anything like we have experienced so fare, we are in for a great product and a good relationship with Exago.

If you're company is planning on using a third party BI, I would suggest you do the comparison. But use Exago to compare to any product out there. I'm sure your findings will be like mine. Exago is the only way to go.

Jason K.

"A great product from a great company has been a great win for our customers!"

What do you like best?

The best part about being an Exago user is getting to work with the people there. I feel like we bought a relationship, not just a product, and they are always eager to help with any challenges my users or I present.

As for features of the product...

For Beginners: The "Express Report Wizard" walks new users through the steps in a very logical manner: what data to include, how to sort and filter it, and how to lay it out, including grouping and totaling. Express reports can be converted to Standard reports for more advanced authoring. In fact, I use the Express Report Wizard as a quick way to bootstrap almost every new report I write. The cross-tab/pivot-table wizard is also great for any new users who have done similar work in Excel.

For Power Users: There are tons of features for advanced report creation, including many that are not immediately obvious. The formula builder is very logical, following Excel-like syntax, and can be extended with custom functions. Conditional formatting is great to visually highlight interesting data, but it's even more powerful when you use it for conditional row suppression: you can use it to hide or show rows based on more sophisticated logic (such as aggregates) than you could achieve with a normal query filter. Cartesian processing lets you combine sets of data that are not directly related and present them side-by-side. When you want to leap from textual reports to visualizations, Exago has lots of charting and dashboarding capabilities.

For Developers: Exago was written by developers, for developers. It is extensible at almost every point. We use the .NET API to integrate it into our app, and there is a REST API for non-Microsoft shops. You can also write "server events" in JavaScript or C# to inject your own code into various phases of the processing pipeline; for example, to implement your own logging or intercept and modify a SQL statement before it is executed. The client side is also highly customizable, especially with the improved white-labeling in the 2016 version.

What do you dislike?

Some types of queries are only possible by writing raw SQL outside of Exago. Documentation of advanced developer features is spotty (but it's improving, and the support team is very willing & able to help).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a good balance of ease and power in a browser-based reporting app, you owe it to yourself and your users to give Exago a try.

Our users demanded a way to write their own reports. This was challenging since our app is browser-based and cloud-hosted, and since most of our users lack the technical sophistication to use the popular advanced BI tools. By integrating Exago into our app, we've met that demand.

We've also started to use Exago to write and distribute our own reports embedded in our app. So much easier than hand-crafting HTML!

Tom G.

"Great embedded reporting solution for our products"

What do you like best?

Flexibility. The product provides developers with both functional as well as visual customization capability. We spent a fair bit of time looking at other .NET OEM and embedded BI solutions, but only Exago could be seamlessly integrated with our application and meet our extensive database user security model and filtering requirements. Better still, Exago allowed us to dynamically migrate thousands of existing customer-written reports on-demand, which saved us thousands of man-hours (not to mention client frustration) recreating legacy work. We've found at virtually every time we needed to solve an issue, there was a way to do it. The support and development team are extremely quick to respond and come up with solutions. The few defects we have encountered are addressed quickly. Their licensing model is simple, fair, and realistic.

What do you dislike?

Very little. Dynamically arranging dashboard elements and report fields could still be a bit easier from a drag-and-drop point of view. No report "preview" capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly flexibly and customizable.

- Providing easy-to-use embedded BI, dashboards, and reporting within an established application with tens of thousands of users.

- Complying with extensive multi-tier user security model that required the ability to intercept and modify report SQL in real time

- Not orphaning thousands of existing user-created reports in our legacy solution

- high performance and scalability

- Ability to schedule thousands of reports for delivery by email

- Ability to tailor characteristics such as number of reports a user can create, schedule, etc by product line

Gary H.

"Great product, easy learning curve, and great support"

What do you like best?

Ease of use -- during our beta, we were able to have everyone from sales, consulting, and support departments start using it with no training. All were able to successfully able to make reports with no training; with the advanced SSRS report writers finding it easy to transition into advanced functions.

Support is great to work with, very knowledgeable and responsive. During the implementation phase, we integrated it into our product and found support to be there to assist at every turn. This allowed full integration with our product in less than 40% of the initially projected time.

The ability to programmatically control the fields, tables, and table relationships thru the API. And, while we have not implemented it yet, the ability to do row level filtering also.

The ability to have remote execution of the reports to a report execution farm for load balancing and performance was critical to us. This is included for not only scheduled reports, but also on the fly ad--hoc reports.

What do you dislike?

The latest version has been a great leap forward with respect to the UI look and feel, but there is still a little work around the edges needed to finish the modernization of the look and feel of the product. This being said, we found that throughout the implementation process, support was able to assist us with all areas we wanted to customize the look of.

Due to their responsiveness to client requests and issues, we are finding that we are typically a build or so behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take it for a test spin. During our initial selection, we did a POC with several BI tools and found Exago to be the only one that all of our users were able to create reports on the first time without training.

They are a great group of people to work with and we found that they were 100% invested in our successful implementation.

We were looking for a 100% web based reporting solution that could be integrated with our application, provided a user experience that was on par or better than SSRS, provided functionality that was equal to SSRS, had a modern look and feel, scalable for our hosted environment, and offered royalty free distribution. We found that the API allowed us to fully integrate the solution into our product, so that seamlessly flows and appears to be a single solution to our end users.

Luc B.

"Exago - Very nice Product. Powerful and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

When looking for embedding a BI solution within our HCM solution, we looked at several options and products. Exago was exactly what we were looking for in terms of user interface, richness of functionality, and connectivity for seamless integration to our HCM application. We particularly like its versatility and overall simplicity compared to other solutions we have considered.

What do you dislike?

For us, supporting french was a pre-requisite. Even though Exago did not have native french support, we were granted access to translation templates so we were able to easily add french wherever we needed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy and simple.

Very good support,

Rich functionality.

Seamless integration.

Our users are looking for easy ways to extract data that is coming from hundred's of tables. They need the ability to create adhoc reports or graphs very rapidly from a large range of data elements. Exago allows elegant presentation of the data model which provides casual users with an intuitive environment to create all types of nice looking extracts they need.

Our clients are also looking for sophisticated dashboards that they will want to publish to a wide range of managers or business specialists within the organization, Feedback has been incredibly positive when users were presented with dashboards, providing them in a matter of seconds, the info that used to take days to get. Better decision making, faster, with the added features of filtering results in all sorts of shapes were key benefits for all.

Jen T.

"Great ad hoc reporting engine"

What do you like best?

From my perspective as a software developer who integrated Exago's software into our own, they provide many flexible features that allow you to customize the product depending on your own needs. For example, Exago provides several interfaces that allow us to manage our customer created data, where we store the reports and schedules created by our customers in our own database tables. They also provide other extensibility features, like server events that allow you to add custom code for specific events during a report execution.

We have used the api to "publish" reports for use in other parts of our application, as well as replace legacy asp reports in our application with reports created in Exago. This has helped us tremendously in standardizing reports across our application in terms of the terminology used as well as the data that is returned. Now when our customers try to compare results from various reports across our application, there is much more consistency.

What do you dislike?

Our data model is very large and we would like to see some future improvements on how the designer handles all of the field lists, so that the designer could be more responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to educate yourself on all of the extensibility features that are available as they add a lot of value in allowing you to customize your solution.

We integrated Exago software as an ad hoc reporting engine for our customers. It allowed us to expose our data model to our customers and provide for them a way to create their own reports. Some of the features that we benefited from, which we did not have in our legacy solution were the ability to create custom formulas on a report and also the ability to schedule a report.

Ian M.

"Powerful Reports with Adhoc Ability"

What do you like best?

Exago provides us with the ability to create powerful on demand reports with multiple drill down reports and charts. Everyone we have worked with at Exago from sales to support helped us achieve success with the product. With a great road map ahead and features driven by it's customers this product is hands down a powerhouse reporting tool.

What do you dislike?

Any issues that did come up we were able to work around with help from support and informed that solution will be available for our issues in the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know your data. If you have garbage data then you'll get garbage reports, no matter what the reporting tool is. The support team is there to drive you to success so leverage them to help you where needed.

We are pulling in multiple data sources into a single normalized database and require a powerful analytics engine to build in depth reports displaying multiple data points for comparison with the ability to drill down for more detail. Exago allow us to do this in a user friendly report, web based or auto generated PDFs. It also gave us a powerful Ad Hoc report building too that has opened up the ability of our users to dig around and access trends and statistics that they hadn't considered before.

AM

"Exago - Simply Perfect"

What do you like best?

When things demand a web-based solution that is created to work with web-based applications you have a perfect place to go: Exago. The company, regardless of its size, will benefit from their self-service ad hoc, interactive dashboard abilities, and operational reporting. You can blend data obtained from a variety of sources such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Informix and more. With a simple drag and drop option you are able to create and build reports and other reports as well as schedule and merge reports. There was great ease of use, data security, product support, and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

There were error messages that would come up when using it in a distributed model and this would create its own challenges.

Many including the ability for the customers to build with ease simple reports or use the platform's formula capability to build complex ones if desired. There is also the option of scheduling reports to auto run at various time intervals.

Ritesh N.

"Customisable Delight"

What do you like best?

As a cloud based solution, Asite needed a BI solution that was fully configurable and highly performing. Exago was a great fit on both aspects. The Web Based API Data Objects allowed us to fully configure the report data objects whilst respecting the complex ACLs that are a typically seen in the Common Data Environments our clients manage on Asite.

What do you dislike?

Initially the report dashboard loading times were a problem but this was fixed by Exago once reported.

There is a tremendous amount of data that are clients create and manage on Asite. Exago allows our clients visibility over this data and enable them to report on it. They are not tied in to certain custom reports and can slice and dice it the way they want it.

Tony F.

"Excellent software, great company"

What do you like best?

Software is functionally very strong, easy to use, simple to integrate and Exago are always looking at ways to improve the product based on customer feedback

What do you dislike?

Very little if I'm totally honest. Would have previously been the interface wasn't the most intuitive available however they are consistently working on this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exago is a very forward thinking company that is always looking to expand their product. Most importantly, they recognise the value of their clients as being best placed to define their future needs.

Enabling our clients to get a variety of graphical representations of their data with the power to drill down into key areas of interest e.g where they may be non compliant or carrying unknown risk

II
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Powerful doesn't have to be complex"

What do you like best?

Starting with the installation, it couldn't be easier. You can literally start developing a report in 5 minutes from scratch! Support team is amazing, an application very intuitive but if you get into any trouble, an email or a ticket to them is answered very quickly and effective.

What do you dislike?

There are some potentially powerful features (specially Extensions) seen on the demos which require more documentation to even start with.

Technical documents are not very detailed and it gets more obvious when you work as both Admin and Report Developer, under a Linux OS

The authorization tree is heavenly easy to configure, there's no proprietary language, you use SQL as it should always be

IC
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Great reporting solution for hosted applications!"

What do you like best?

I've been looking for web based ad-hoc reporting solutions as part of different projects for over 10 years. Each product I looked at did not meet what our company needed. Once I started looking at Exago it became apparent from the cost of ownership to the amount of customization it was the product that would answer this question for us!

I appreciated the sales process where they assisted me in setting up an instance, customizing the look and feel to fit with our system, and talking me through some complex reports.

The graph system they use is excellent, and the dashboards are an extra bonus to the reporting solution we had been looking for.

What do you dislike?

As a growing company the product still has some features I have not been able to use yet. When I first evaluated it the Map Charts had been somewhat limited, however I believe they are addressing this with integration to Google Maps in a release very soon.

Exago solves the ability to get report writing out of our development department and into the hands of sophisticated users. For developers it does allows us to push out complex reports without recompiling code or maintaining a custom written repository and delivery system for reports.

Tom R.

"Custom reporting for Compliance Software solution"

What do you like best?

My clients and prospects can easily underatand how to create their own reports and data extracts from our governance and compliance software solution. The attorneys and paralegal that utilize our software love that they can quickly build a report that is worthy of distributing to their executive management teams.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to elaborate on with regards to dislikes. This

We provide an entity compliance and reporting solution to Large-cap multi-national organizations. Our solution maintains and manages a vast amount of information about the entity structures and legal requirements of the organizations. Our users are constantly required to build reports and dashboards for their executive teams for analysis,compliance and planning purposes. Before using Exago we provided our clients with Crystal Reports that we not easily built or configured by our end users. This was a burden for our clients and often required our consultants to build them for the client. With Exago we've now eliminated that burden and anxiety amongst our clients.

Dwane L.

"Great product, great partners"

What do you like best?

We partner with Exago to provide reporting services for our software. The team is great to work with, they share a ton of information, and are always willing to get together with us to answer questions or talk about how they can help us.

What do you dislike?

Like any reporting package, you need to have a certain level of knowledge to get the most out of it. We've struggled at times to dive in deep enough to learn all of the intricate details at times, but have always been able to get hep if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn all of options, talk to their team

Getting a simple reporting tools with an attractive UI allows us to enable our clients to get more out of our software, driving usage and adoption.

"An embedded BI Solution that delivers!"

What do you like best?

The sales team accurately represented functionality, and the delivery team has been nothing short of exceptional in supporting our efforts to embed their BI solution.

What do you dislike?

Not much, although there is a single control I am not a fan of - the date range slider.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a BI tool to embed in your existing SaaS solution, look no further.

The ability to efficiently deploy reports and dashboards to our end users. A report design tool that requires no real technical understanding of data sources of schemas. A tool that we can extend to our end users, in a multi-tenant SaaS environment, to create and share reports that they design without advanced technical skills.

Daniel H.

"Great BI/Reporting tool with great support"

What do you like best?

Easy learning curve. Many flexible features. Intuitive interface. Nice data dictionary features. But the most important and welcomed feature is the Exago team of knowledgeable support people. They all have been very supportive and responsive from the support people all the way up to top management. I feel like I have created friendships with several of the people within, especially Mike and Aaron, so far. It is that type of company.

What do you dislike?

Not much. A couple of features that were available within Crystal (have been using for many years prior to switching) are not available - yet... as other features have been added consistently since first purchasing Exago. I need more extensive mapping features and just recently heard that major enhancements are coming down the pike with geo-mapping.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used Crystal Reports for years - very experienced Crystal user - and decided to switch based on features and quality of management. I knew that while Exago was not as mature as Crystal, it would soon surpass in all aspects and it looks that this is happening sooner than I thought.

Currently using this product internally but will be moving this functionality out to state users needing information that we maintain. Looking forward to this as others using this product have done this successfully.

Francisco L.

"Great software delivered for an even better team"

What do you like best?

It simplifies the approach to BI, creating a non intimidating UI that resembles a simple spreadsheet

What do you dislike?

Exceptions over database aggregations, while understandable, set up a blockage for our project, limiting the drag and drop of existing objects feature, but at the same time was a good call to normalized our data

It has been defined as THE way of centralizing our out of control , central repository of common used reports

Noel K.

"Excellent tool for web based ah-hoc reporting on complex data"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure and get running, its a very simple process of pointing it at a data source and to start generating reports, graphs and dashboard, plus the product is regularly updated with new features. As it is web based, there is no client side install.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, earlier versions had a clunky UI but that has improved greatly release on release

We've embedded the product into our web application so users can generate their own complex reports, graphs and dashboards off their data, and all from their web browser. We've also customized the look of the product so it matches our styles.

Ben J.

"Exago 3.0 - Simple and Versatile with Engaging Support and Training team"

What do you like best?

Support and training teams have VERY deep knowledge of product and will work hands-on with you to ensure your report delivers everything Exago is capable of. Easy to send "debug packages" of the issue you're seeing so you don't have to spend 20 minutes typing an email with screenshots of the problem.

Report Designer window allows you to see the elements of your report easily without getting lost in pages of data. Separate tabs for each output allows you to compare your report changes easily

Report outputs are primarily table-based with some limited chart options. I think data tables are under-rated. It's much easier to verify data from a table than with a flashy bubble or treemap chart which allows you to easily verify data and is

Flow of using product is intuitive - layout of report designer mimics excel spreadsheet with industrial-strength BI tools such as Headers/Footers by group/page/report, subtotals, repeating groups, hyperlinks, drill-downs, dashboards, variety of filter settings, crosstabs, parameters, charts, pulling filter values (i.e. date ranges) into subtitles of report.

Robust Admin console allow high level of customization for larger clients

Multiple export options work seamlessly - HTML, PDF, Excel, RTF, CSV

With other reporting tools (i.e. Tableau) I feel like the tool tries to be everything to everyone and troubleshooting incorrect data can become difficult with all the advanced sorting, table calcs, parameters, imported spreadsheets and extracts going on. Here you can read the data easily and identify any gaps in report design quickly.

Again, if there are any gaps between your knowledge of how to make Exago accomplish what you have in mind the support team will take ownership of teaching you how to fix the specific report you're working on

Collapsible group header allows summary level report that opens into detail report.

What do you dislike?

The simplicity of the product is a little bit of a double-edged sword...sometimes advanced sorting would be beneficial. I'm not a big fan of complex charts but a few more color options would be nice. Doesn't have GIS capability that I'm aware of.

For collapsible groups need the header (i.e. company) and footer (Profit: $1,000) to show for effective summaries.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Personally I would never go back to using other BI tools

Working on presenting sales commission, revenue, billing, invoicing data for a staffing software company. Problem can be showing this data flexibly at a high level for managers with detail available at a single click for deeper dives.

The benefit of using this software is the amount of customization avaiable, robust and standardized reporting structure for production and the ease in troubleshooting discrepancies

"Exago is a great product!"

What do you like best?

I like how knowledgeable and passionate every employee I've spoken to has been. They take pride in making reporting easy for our end users.

The API is very deep, which makes performing tasks programatically extremely easy. Almost our entire implementation of Exago is done via the API.

It is amazingly flexible. Exago provides an abstraction over many kinds of datasources, so you can easily link a SQL table to an XML document, for example.

What do you dislike?

The API is very deep, but also a little obtuse. I understand Exago is working on a "Codex" to help developers/implementors more fully understand the intricacies and methodologies, which will be a tremendous help.

I also wish the documentation was more complete. There have been more than a few times when I come across a setting that sounds interesting, but not enough information on how to implement it, or how this feature differentiates from a slightly different feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend this product, especially if your client services department is as bogged down with minor "custom report" requests from customers as ours is!

We are providing our users the ability to report on a fully dynamic, fully-customizable database, with the ability to add data from outside sources. One of our main goals in this is to alleviate the pressure in our company to write "custom reports" for our users, by empowering our users to write (or edit) the reports themselves, without having to rely on anything outside a web browser. It's a very powerful sales tool!

T. Dorsey H.

"Very happy with the product and service"

What do you like best?

Depth of capability, different entry points for those having different needs and experience.

What do you dislike?

REST API doesn't yet perform as we'd like, and doesn't seem to be fully-formed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Listen when they tell you it takes three months to become proficient. This is not a negative, just the reality of the capabilities of this product.

Visualizing complex relationships, quickly locating problem areas, trend reporting.

Marc J.

"A game changer"

What do you like best?

Exago offers the most intuitive interface of a report builder that I have seen. It allows casual users to create their own reports and has the power for the advanced reporting user. The Exago API allows a seamless integration into our product. We can control any aspect of the reporting tool from the API which is a huge win.

What do you dislike?

Need a bit more information on getting the solution to work on Azure WebApps vs. a straight virtual machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a trial and do some basic connectivity into your DBs and try out creating some reports.

We needed a reporting tool that our support staff could use to create custom reports for our customers. Our support staff are not developers and they find the tool very intuitive. The best part though is that one or two staff members at each of our customers normally jumps in head first to do reporting for their organization. We do some training with them and then they are off to the races creating their own reports. This self-service for staff to create their own reports has set our product apart from others. Other staff at the customer normally jut run reports and maybe change some of the report filters. There is certainly something for everyone in the tool.

Matt R.

"Responsive team, quality product with flexibility"

What do you like best?

- The ability to embed Exago into our core product and the flexibility to style it as a seamless part of our application (our icons, buttons, etc.)

- Exago is able to handle our dynamic schema (on the fly changes in permissions, data sources and custom fields) and still keep reports returning data in near real time. We were able to sidestep the need to store data in memory or do daily refreshes but rather present data to clients in near real time-- a win for clients.

- Responsiveness of support and other team members up through the executive ranks is outstanding

- Exago's flexibility in handling use cases and integration efforts specific to our product.

What do you dislike?

- We're a bit challenged in keeping up with new product releases

- There are a few additional visualization types we'd like to see added

We were looking to provide more robust dashboarding, formula creation and overall formatting capabilities to our client base while still providing near-real time reports. We've been able to do this with Exago.

Exago has also gone the extra mille from a services and training perspective, meeting several of our requests for additional training and complex report creation assistance engagements.