Symantec VIP Access Manager

Create a single access point to protect your cloud and on-premise web apps via Single Sign-On (SSO) with Symantec VIP two-factor authentication.

Work for Symantec VIP Access Manager?

Learning about Symantec VIP Access Manager?

Symantec VIP Access Manager Reviews

Showing 18 Symantec VIP Access Manager reviews
Symantec VIP Access Manager review by David R.
David R.

"Secure token management for your phone "

What do you like best?

Web access for manipulation of user tokens makes for simple and quick addition of keys.

What do you dislike?

The requirement for a key to log in means if your key is lost or unavailable, another user must give you a 1 time code to log in

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you're looking for a robust setup where multiple devices and methods can be implemented in your system, this is the right one for you. I cannot comment on cost as I was not part of the finance team, but the ability to add users on the fly, and set up multiple [up to 5] devices per account, makes it a great tool.

This allows for live update of users credentials to log into a 2 factor environment. Instant keys through VIP access, text message, or voice call.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Symantec VIP Access Manager
Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Abhijeet P.
Abhijeet P.

"Best 2FA Solution Ever!!!"

What do you like best?

It is open for different application. We are using this service for all 2fA authentication and it is very easy to understand and adhere to compliance processes.

Security is best till which I experience and there is no mess at user side.

Best mobile application and very easy for use.

Mobile UI and accessibility - 5 Start service

What do you dislike?

The main point which I feel or faced while registering 2FA token at first time and which many users has facing/ faced. there is process of registering your downloaded application credential Id on Symantec portal. this is tedious method where user needs support which I feel this process should be manage differently or in an easy way to get rid out of it.

Also, sometimes push notification failed to received and you have to enter code which is already available in mobile application which is bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product as this is very helpful in term of security concern which almost every other company or individual is facing nowadays on mobile device.

As a organization security is biggest challenge when data is accessible remotely.

Symantec VIP manager has resolves many queries due to its 2FA authentication and there is very less change or minimal chance or security breach and your data gets stolen or misused.

User can easily use all the application in under symantec using same application which is best thing

one solution for all 2 FA problems :)

What Multi-Factor Authentication solution do you use?

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Desmond U.
Desmond U.

"Good security tool"

What do you like best?

Once you get past the setup/install - it's incredibly simple to setup. The security is GREAT!

What do you dislike?

It's pretty straightforward. The only complaint would be the installation of the program. That can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install it for your employees - that would make their lives a lot easier. But once you get it installed, it's incredibly simple to use the program.

It provides security for our company - multi-factor authentication. I'm not sure if our company used any other security feature beforehand.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Lucas B.
Lucas B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, MFA is great for security purposes. Nice because you can link to either phone or computer.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit annoying to have to use it so much but it is worth it for security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to implement but handy to keep IT staff well trained to troubleshoot

Keeps our machines secure through multi factor authentication

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Ramon C.
Ramon C.

"Excellent Secure Token"

What do you like best?

Very good securty tool, it help me to keep safe my login session, transaction, transfer of funds, everything i use it every day of my bank credentials

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislike of this tool. Is very useful

Handle my funds transfer from one account to another, internal account or external. One of the benefits is feel safe and secure of any moving of my accounts

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Allison W.
Allison W.

"Fast and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a small program so it loads up fast and is easy to use within seconds.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that adding new devices is not an easy process.

I am solving the business problem of securely connecting to my company's network.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Ajeet K.
Ajeet K.

"Symantec VIP Access increase security level"

What do you like best?

The best of part of Symantec VIP is smooth integration and very less configuration. I have used this solution for terminal services and office 365 products. the administrator guide provide clear steps to implement this solution.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to legacy product support integration some times didn't worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If company looking to have less resources like H/W & Software and managing solution they should think about symantec VIP solution

Providing second level of authentication for application access. Use Mobile App or Desktop app to reduce hardware based token.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Napoleon "Sonny" E.
Napoleon "Sonny" E.

"VIP Access is secure access"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and error free installation. It allowed me to get rid of the hardware security fob and that is a major convenience factor

What do you dislike?

Nothing.There is nothing to dislike about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very convenient alternative to the hardware security fob. You cannot lose it!!

I do not need to carry the fob with me all the time since I have it readily available on my laptop.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Tyler R.
Tyler R.

"Simple and Reliable"

What do you like best?

It's a small file, runs consistently well, remains synced and it utterly relaible

What do you dislike?

It's so simple that it's hard to pick out any dislikes - everything it seeks to do it does well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that it is very reliable. Not only have I never encountered a problem but I've never heard of customers or colleagues who have experienced a problem with it.

Two factor authentication problems were solved.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the 1-click access, one you've registered and provided all of the initial set up ingormation

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to get the 2nd authentication on my cell phone, because sometimes I may not have my cellular device on-hand, and then I'm locked out.

Benefits realized is extra security. I feel more comfortable with all of the data stored on my devices

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Bret M.
Bret M.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

Fast loading times, easy to use. Use for authentication in to company systems.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, does what it is supposed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy, which is all I was looking for in this product.

Authenticating my login to company systems.

"Excellent Access System"

What do you like best?

I really like that this app is available on my iPhone and my Apple Watch. It is very convenient to just pull out the app on either device to be able to access my work email.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we had to start using in in the first place. This is a fairly new system to us but with time it has gotten easier to use.

I am able to access my email in a secure fashion

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by User in Financial Services

"My access is safer to websites With VIP"

What do you like best?

I like that it gives me extra protection for my data that is in external sites.

What do you dislike?

It is frustrating if I don't have access to VIP on a different computer that I'm using, but I can deal with that with all of the extra security it adds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a while, it has many benefits and it is easy to use.

It helps to keep all of our data secure.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by User in Higher Education

"Great SSO authentication"

What do you like best?

Quick, easy to use authentication for logins. Good UI. Two step authentication is obviously important, and this is a much better service than old-fashioned two-step methods.

What do you dislike?

Slightly difficult to set up. No other issues.

Two step authentication, which is obviously one of the most important things in enterprise. Security and login fraud prevention.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"VIP Access is easy and secure!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with VIP access for our users. The copy button built in to the client is great! I also like the flexibility of the smartphone app.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any issues that I've seen with this product.

We are solving authentication concerns when using our VPN. The benefit is a more secure environment!

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Relatively simple"

What do you like best?

Tool was selected simply because it supported the necessary tools in a straightforward way. End users experience is relatively simple.

What do you dislike?

The mobile experience has not been smooth for a number of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing disqualifies this from being a viable solution.

Secure access to credentialed webapps.

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by User

"Good authentication software "

What do you like best?

Good multi factor authentication application

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connections is slow and lags even when my internet connection is working fine

I’m able to authenticate each log on session to my accounts securely and safely

Symantec VIP Access Manager review by User

"Good app, but twichy at times"

What do you like best?

easy to use app, and quite simple to set up

What do you dislike?

sometimes it does not let me authenticate

access to office servers

Learning about Symantec VIP Access Manager?

* We monitor all Symantec VIP Access Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.