Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex

Paychex reduces the complexity and risk of running your own payroll, while ensuring greater accuracy with up-to-date tax rates and regulatory information.

Work for Paychex Flex?

Learning about Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex Reviews

Ask Paychex Flex a Question
Showing 845 Paychex Flex reviews
Deborah M.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paychex Flex
Robert H.

"Paychex Flex Use"

What do you like best?

I like the process for setting up new employees. You can quickly access tax information, employment history and bank account information.

I also like the check review option.

I enjoy the flexibility of payroll reports.

I also like the HR services. When employees have a question I refer them to customer service and they always receive the information they need. Filing of form 5500 is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the payroll input screen is sometimes a bit slow and bulky. This only applies to hourly employees and vacation hours for salary employees. I find that when I add vacation time, holiday pay, etc. I have to make sure that the system includes the hours by using check review. Sometimes I inadvertently enter the hours twice.

Also, contacting HR services by email can be a slow process. On certain occasions I have not received a response to my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The HR services for Benefit Plan Admin are excellent.

The HR services in particular solve all of my employee benefit plans issues and requirements.

Quarterly and year end payroll reports are accurate and timely.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Kersten R.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love that we have a specific assigned payroll specialist who I can always reach out to if I have an issue and he/she understands our account and can easily provide the help I need. It is very user friendly and straight forward, I don't have to go more than a few clicks to find whatever I am looking for. It is easy to set up a new employee and manage any benefit or tax changes.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new payroll view with all the drop down menus as much as the payroll grid that we used to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a company that cares about your business, even if you are a small company, Paychex is the right choice. They will make sure you understand and know about all their services but never push any products on you that don't make sense for your company.

This platform and very straightforward and user friendly and has made our payroll experience fast and efficient.

Jennifer S.

"Functional But Could Use Some Work"

What do you like best?

For the most part all of the most needed functions of Paychex Flex are easy to find and use. The User interface is clean. It is an easy interface for both employers and employees to use - although it is a little more difficult for those who are not computer application savvy.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be made more useful with customization options that would make it easier for who ever happens to be using it to have the tools they need front and center and the tools they don't need put somewhere less visible. Also it could benefit from having some sort of tutorial that goes over all the tools and the basic functions of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As long as you don't mind taking the time to play around with the features it a worthwhile payroll program to use.

So far the biggest benefits to using paychex flex have been better accessibility to custom reporting and keeping employee profiles up to date and accurate. Also being able to verify information for employees on the spot after a quick login rather than having to look something up and get back to them is helpful and time saving

Corrine B.

"Great Payroll System"

What do you like best?

Paychex Flex makes it easy for our company to track and find information regarding our paychecks and retirement, including paycheck stubs, 401K status (including a breakdown of our individual investments), tax forms, benefits information, and detailed breakdowns of deductions. We also do not have issues with payments being submitted on time anymore, which we used to face regularly.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything to dislike on this platform. It has been a great payroll system so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paychex Flex is the perfect system for anyone who wants to offer their employees easy access to benefits information, detailed paycheck stubs and breakdowns, investments, and other payroll or Human Relations related points.

We used to use QuickBooks, and it was okay, but not very smooth to navigate and did not always work properly for the users. Since switching over to Paychex Flex, we haven't had any end user issues or delayed payments, and we have better and easier access to view our information.

Chelli P.

"Easy, efficient, and so helpful!"

What do you like best?

I love to be able to log on to run reports on payroll. There are so many options to analyze and track data over time, whether it is for one employee or many, or for your entire business. I am the kind of person who would rather log on to find it myself than to have to wait for a phone call or email, so this saves me so much time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a downside yet. Due to being a small and growing business, I haven't needed to use the majority of functions yet, but I plan to do so in the future as we grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its an easy way to track employee pay.

Tracking employees' salaries and time is the main benefit. I am a growing business, so I am assuming that over time I'll use even more of the options. Its so easy to pull a report for my accountant or book keeper.

Julia M.

"A world of difference from Paychex Preview"

What do you like best?

This system is easy to use- not only as the administrator but for our employees as well. The easy navigation and automatic updates have made adding employees, editing information, and processing payroll less stressful and enjoyable now. The system is transparent and fluid and I cannot convey enough how important that is for our manufacturing team in different states. We have two entities and being able to manage both sets of employees and payrolls is amazing under the Flex system. No stress and clear visibility to make changes, edit items, and gain access to reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to upload our Health & Benefits (medical, dental, and vision) into Paychex Flex without having to add the program as we administer our benefits. We also experience access issues for employees that have previously used Flex. It would be nice to have an easy resolution and not call and be passed along to several people before an update can be provided to the issue at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the demo and really compare it to what you currently have. Take notes as to see if Flex will make life easier for you.

Efficiency. We've saved so much time by upgrading to Flex and in turn find that not only do we have more employee engagement on the platform but we can provide more to our team by not fiddling with an outdated system.

Justin F.

"Simpler interface makes it easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Everything is easy to navigate and information is easy to find. I do not do much with HR, so when I login, I am able to quickly find the information I need, which is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to look around for information, again this is because I don't know much about this type of system. So maybe some simple FAQs or some directions or prompts to show the user where to find information would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it out. You will get better as you work with it more and more!

I can access information I need, typically without wasting much time. I has been helpful when filing documents with the state, federal, etc. I can also refer to information about payroll. I was able to quickly set up a new employee and set up the direct deposit - it was so fast and easy!! Loved it!

Joretta F.

"Paychex Flex makes Payroll easy!"

What do you like best?

All of my payroll info is at my fingertips. I can log into Paychex Flex and be able to answer any payroll question I may have. I use Paychex Flex not only for payroll, but also for both Liability and Worker's Comp insurance information. When I need to send Quarterly reports to our Insurance company, I can easily access and download them through Paychex Flex.

What do you dislike?

I would like to customize the biweekly reports that I get, but I have not gotten around to figuring out how to do it. I just run the entire report and only print the pages I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You'll never have to worry about payroll again. Every answer to your payroll questions will be at your fingertips!

I save a lot of time by using Paychex Flex. I don't have to research multiple state payroll laws or keep track of tax tables. I also have peace of mind that our payroll is always correct. When it comes time to renew any of our Insurances, our payroll information is easy to access and download.

Janice M.

"Awesome Experience"

What do you like best?

Paychex makes everything super easy. Even though I am a small account they go out of there way to make sure I get the best customer service possible and address my needs.

What do you dislike?

At this point I really do not dislike anything. Paychex has been great in addressing all my needs and feel like I have no complaints at this point!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great reps and great customer service! Bethany has been a great rep and really listened to my needs and concerns. Even though it is just me, she made sure I got what I needed at a price that made sense for my business. Darius on the admin side has been great. I was having trouble creating a log in and he helped me every step of the way to make sure I was able to access my reports.

Giving me more time to do other things besides payroll. I was spending alot of time making sure I did things correctly, remembering to run payroll (its just me!), having to do submit taxes, in a timely manner, etc. It is peace of mind knowing all this is handled for me and I do not have to worry about it!

Marsha P. E.

"System to perform all kinds of administrative processes in the cloud."

What do you like best?

First of all, I like the interface of this application, when I enter the system on the web, I can always find what I need without having to look for it, since at the beginning I find the work I'm doing, the personalized follow-up that is given to customers is another of the favorite things that I like about this application, I can create a personalized report for a client, which gives me more complete information about each of them, over time, the different tasks that are automated on the platform, as are the different electronic invoices, and the different payroll and work payments, help to automate all these processes, which we previously carried out in documents manually on the computer, or even on paper.

What do you dislike?

Billing times may take longer than they should be, which can cause some problems, with different customers or employees, with this tool we have automated the payroll system of our company, at our point of sale in West Valley, but recently we had a delay in the payments of our employees, because there was a problem in the payment system that we had automated, unfortunately, if it is not for the employees we do not realize, since of Paychex, they never let us know that there was a problem with the automatic payments, the problem was solved quickly, thanks to our employees, and to the support of paychex support.

Different administrative processes have been automated and taken to the cloud thanks to the tools with Paychex flex account, we went from making payroll in computer software, to make more than 60% of these tasks in the cloud, avoiding work hours, We also carried out many of these processes on paper, now we have already reduced these processes by more than 80%, and we take it to the nub, which saves us a lot of time, and the benefits of our company are greatly improved.

Jake W.

"Very easy to use tool for your pay and tax info"

What do you like best?

The combined simplicity and variety of features offered by Paychex Flex are the real winning ideas. The execution is very well done, convenient and accessible. Your pay and tax information are right up front, and if you have a question about the dashboard, there's a quick and clear guided digital tour that highlights different areas of the screen and explains what they do. There's no misunderstanding or confusion when you use Paychex Flex.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvement on the tax side of the tool, such as showing, up front, what percentage you are taxed in state and Federal taxes. My local tax rates, however, are readily visible. Flex might also, in the future, provide you with some statistics on your pay, such as your average paycheck amount, your average taxes paid, your projected pay in the next specified amount of time, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paychex itself is not for clocking in and out, but when it comes time to pay employees and deal with tax documents, it does exactly what it is advertised as doing, and from what I can tell, it does it flawlessly.

Paychex Flex takes care of all my pay-related needs. Direct deposit is available, of course,

Luis L.

"Paychex Flex - The Best CRM Software for Business "

What do you like best?

User friendly is the term to apply to Paychex Flex. Nothing difficult, step by step process, the updates are fantastic. For HR Administrators and Business Managers, Paychex Flex is the Total Package. All the information needed is readily available and accurate. All of our Operational Managers are quite pleased and have indicated that Paychex Flex is the best that they ever worked with.

What do you dislike?

There is no E-Verify through the Paychex Flex system. Homeland Security should work on getting this I9 process to be available to be submitted online or automated. If this occurs, I am sure that Paychex will incorporate in of the updates. This is the only area I see as deficient so far. Prior to selecting Paychex Flex, I reviewed other CRM softwares and Paychex Flex is definitely the best. In my view, there is nothing to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Total Management Package

A total system. From the onboarding process to time and attendance, the information is readily available. It has made our weekly scheduling a lot easier to manage, I can review reports and discuss with our Operational Managers to make any changes. I can also budget accordingly and keep operational managers informed on their profit centers status. The reports feature in Paychex Flex is the best I have ever worked with, whenever there is any operational questions, I can build a report to answer the questions.

Antonio C.

"Easy time keeping for employees but can be improved upon"

What do you like best?

Paychex Flex takes what was great in the initial Paychex framework and adds more to it. It has an easy to follow interface that to input time, check your hours, and ask for personal time off.

What do you dislike?

However, when putting some time sheet inputs, Paychex auto-populates the field which messes up the time sheet. This is very annoying as it ruins the time sheet and can leave you with inaccurate hours that can be higher or lower than what it actually is. This can be very bad when it is the last day of the pay period and it is approaching the deadline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to support for any issues that arise.

Punch cards are a thing of the past. As long as you have a login, you can work virtually anywhere and still be able to log your time sheets via phone or another computer away from the office. This allows me to work away from home if I decided to do so.

Brian S.

"Comprehensive and User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The entire experience offers an ease of use, with easy to read icons and comprehensive information at your fingertips There are user tutorials for more information and I am able to process payroll and manage my employee information at my pace.

Additionally, the 401(k) is self-administered by the employee now thru Flex and this saves me time.

What do you dislike?

Getting used to the new interface was challenging - creatures of habit, we are.

While processing payroll using the down arrow to get to the next employee/check doesn't work and/or will take me to employees listed in a second company. (I admin three companies on PaychexFlex).

Also - the "save" icon doesn't travel with the screen - so I can be adding rates or changing items and ready to move on but have to scroll back to the top to find "Save".

The benefits administration section is extremely detailed and difficult. We pay for it but don't use it. Paychex considers a few phone calls with a specialists ample training from this. It's not.

We don't use time and attendance, vacation/sick/personal tracking, sign-in/sign-out, employee reviews, etc. None of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get one-on-one training with someone who can walk you thru the benefits administration part of this product. We are paying for this but don't use it because I don't understand it.

I haven't fully integrated Flex with my accounting - I missed the window for the GL set-up. So I am still manually entering my GL every two weeks. This is not time-saving. Benefits - the employees are excited to manage their own 401(K) plans themselves right on their Flex screen on their phone or personal device. Added Roth to our offerings - very popular.

Zach S.

"End User Convenience"

What do you like best?

I like that all of my tax documentation is created and accessible within the system. Not having to wait on a physical piece of mail to show up in my mailbox at home or for it to be distributed within the office makes things a lot more convenient for me. Oddly enough, I love doing my taxes, so this helps me get a head start in getting them submitted earlier.

What do you dislike?

I am unsure if this is Paychex's requirement set or if it is something that is set by an admin, but I can't use special characters in my password(s). I always add one at the end of my passwords and I am not allowed. It's not a huge inconvenience, but I do see it as a security risk. That said, I doubt anyone cares what I make!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a wonderful piece of software - easy to user and understand from an employee standpoint. I don't have experience with it on the back end / admin side, but it is perfect for my needs. My wife uses Paylocity and any time I've tried to get anything from that portal, it's 'modern' looking, but it's clunky and hard to find things. Paychex is simple and straightforward.

Payroll & tax documentation. I don't feel like this answer can be fully fleshed out. It's just a solid piece of software that does exactly what we need.

Bronte H.

"Paychex Flex Review "

What do you like best?

Paychex appears to be a very secured site which makes me feel comfortable when logging in and out of this service. Within the site, my information such as wage, bank account information, and W2 is easily accessible and easy to find. Overall, the site is fairly user friendly and the app also makes it convenient to easily clock in and out when starting work shift. Signing up for the site is fairly simple as well.

What do you dislike?

Manually entering/modifying times on time cards can be difficult to figure out. This part of the site is not very user friendly in my opinion. It can be difficult to figure out how to enter/edit times. I do not like that you have to put either "MP" or "DA", etc. when you are entering in times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a solid platform for managing time cards and payroll.

Paychex allows me to enter/modify my employees time cards if they forget to clock in/out or if they need their times modified.

Krystal T.

"Far below expectations"

What do you like best?

The online payroll system is user friendly and meets expectations. However, the support is just mediocre.

What do you dislike?

Implementation - implementation of payroll was pretty straight forward. HR was difficult. The implementer seemed to be learning as she went. Setting up a toggle for my two companies was a problem when it came to having an employee land on their correct company. It took over a month for them to figure it out. Setting up PTO was very difficult. I wish I had insisted on more experienced implementers and not allowed them to transition me to regular support until they were completely finished. They were in a rush to close their case.

Payroll and HR - The data integration even between the tabs is lacking. User profiles are extremely complicated with several areas to make changes - you almost always have to call your payroll rep for assistance. Then, you have to call HR for assistance with that part of the profile because payroll won't touch HR permissions. It can be a hassle. They also do not offer the feature where you can login as one of your employees to see their view (many other companies offer this). The movement of information between the payroll data section and HR section can make things difficult to manage. You have to be careful because what you input in HR doesn't flow into payroll data. MAKE SURE you hold onto the assigned HR rep during implementation as long as you can. The call center is well intentioned employees who have extremely limited knowledge of the system. You may know more than many of the representatives. They typically have to escalate your questions and it will be a long, frustrating call.

Paychex Benefits - We use Paychex as our broker. I initially made this decision because I believed keeping everything with the same company would provide advantages with integration, customer service and eliminate keying errors I was finding when using an outside broker. This has been the worst vendor decision I have made in my 10 years at this company. The errors and lack of customer service have resulted in embarrassment to me and management as it ultimately affects the employees. Open enrollment was a disaster even with an assigned representative. Your assigned rep will not pick up their phone and will avoid scheduled calls if you don't throw a fit. Enrollments consistently have errors, so you have to pay close attention to your bill from the carrier. I will obviously be looking at other brokers, and possibly a new system all together. I would have already made a change, but the amount of work to change systems is significant when you are an HR department of 1!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely research other products unless you are only looking to use their payroll product. Even then, for the price, you can find other products that offer better customer service at the same or lower price. DEFINITELY don't use Paychex as your broker unless you want a lot more work for yourself...who has time for that?!

Unfortunately, because I have had to spend so much time fixing problems with the system and managing benefits, I haven't had time to build out some of the modules. They do offer some neat modules that could potentially help with different workflows.

Tammy P.

"Extremely user friendly "

What do you like best?

The Dashboard is very easy to navigate around and easy to understand, especially for people like myself that are not knowledgeable about computers. I like that I can change employees information at anytime. My payroll specialist is always on time and returns phone calls. I like that I have the option if I need to I can talk with another person if my concern is immediate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this time that I dislike about this software. I have used other payroll services and this by far is the easiest to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The people that I have dealt with are very professional and have always addressed my concerns at anytime. From the beginning I have always had great people that have helped me.

At this time our business uses Paychex Flex for payroll services only. Many times my employees will ask for a certain copy of a pay stub that have lost and it is easy to go into the program and reprint.

Tammy K.

"Contact/Suppport/Help options leave a lot to be desired."

What do you like best?

Over all the product is average - 5 out of 10. Entering in time is the best feature, I like that I can resize columns, save different layouts, etc on the time entry screen.

What do you dislike?

Let's see - If I click on Help > Help, this function doesn't actually work on my Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Firefox browsers. Sometimes one thing may work on one browser, such as "Search", another time something else may work on another browser, such as browsing alphabetically, but the help site overall is very poor and doesn't really do much good. Yes, I have tried no fewer than four browsers and no fewer than three computers, in various combinations.

Training: There's no way to search for the specific topic you're interested in, you can only browse. And the training is very basic.

Contact: You would assume there would be a "contact" button for issues. There isn't. If you click on Help and Having Trouble, it gives you a number to call, but no email so you can send your issue and get on with your day. The impression that I get from that, intended or not, is that they really want to discourage me from contacting them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I made the decision for our company to switch to Paychex when we moved from Quickbooks Enterprise to Sage Intacct, as supposedly Paychex integrates with Sage Intacct. I have asked how to get my payroll information into Intacct but as of yet I have no answer. Also be aware it can take months for the benefit portal to be available for your employees when switching to Paychex Benefits.

Well so far - none. I would like to eventually work up to having a full-service product that handles my payroll, benefits, human resources, and retirement, but so far after six weeks no area is 100% functioning.

Cheryl C.

"What a Great Company to Work With"

What do you like best?

The fact they my specialist is one of the most punctual people I have ever met. She always calls me on time and treats me as if I am her only client. Diane is always sweet, sincere and very professional. I went through multiple specialists but she was worth waiting for.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing!! I have loved this product since day one!

Getting Paychex Flex was a big deal. The company I work for had fired the bookkeeper and passed her duties on to me. I have no training in payroll, the laws and even the quarterly treasury payments always turned into a nightmare. Getting Paychex took all of that off my plate and allowed me to function as an administrator which is what I was trained to do.

Sandy S.

"Quick & Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

Paychex Flex is easy to use, has clear, easy to read format, and has many features for all types of businesses.

What do you dislike?

I think Paycheck may be more expensive than some of the other providers out there, based on what I've heard from other AF owners.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider all of the features that are vital to running your business smoothly, then compare pricing, apples to apples, across 2-3 providers.

I can send New Hires their paperwork with a click of a button. Once they complete it, it's all set to go in Paychex's portal. They also take care of all of my payroll taxes, inc. Worker's Comp. My rep is knowledgeable & always responds back to me same day.

Dana K.

"BEST Payroll System Out There"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is a great local support team, the system itself is easy to use and implement and I can access reports online 24/7 whenever I need them which makes my life so much easier! I love the Analytics and Reports and Quick Reports section of the website for quickly gathering info and the fact that I can access my Payroll Reports just 15 minutes after I have submitted my payroll. It also saves me so much time by addressing and sending us W-2s for all of our employees. All I have to do is stamp them and mail them out! We also save so much time and headaches with the Tax Pay feature. I never have to worry that they are filed on time and if there are issues, Paychex resolves them quickly.

What do you dislike?

There had been a few times in the past that I had some minor issues getting the Paychex Flex website to load and to work remotely (not on office computers). I did have great help with support though, and was able to access the same info on the app, although the app is not as easy to use on a phone as the full screen website on a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For small business that are looking to save time and headaches definitely use the Payroll features as well as Tax Pay services. Probably one of the biggest values we get is the Tax pay, it saves us the worry of having to do the Tax Pay ourselves and if issues do arrive, Paychex handles it and keeps us informed. Their HR program is also phenomenal!

It helps streamline the whole payroll process so much. There's a great support team at Paychex to respond fast when I have any questions and I can access reports later on online which saves me from digging through paper files.

Un-attributed

"Great. Easy to use. Lots of Help from support team."

What do you like best?

I love that there is a chat section where you can basically text a representative and they can help you walk thru whatever you need help with. They are pretty quick at messaging back and forth, and for someone who doesn't have a lot of time to talk on the phone, I love that I can do other things/ have a conversation with someone else in the room, while trying to get help from paychex at the same time.

What do you dislike?

There can be multiple ways of doing something that confused me at time when first learning how to navigate the system. Example. I was asking for help on the chat and someone helped me by walking me how to create a check for a terminated employee. Months later, I forgot and asked again, and someone else helped me but by doing it a totally different way. This time I wrote it down, but a more concise way would be best for all to teach/ help with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and has a great support staff for helping you through things you didn't know or weren't aware of.

I realized that they have specific people to help with benefits and what should be taking out of employees pay. This was nice because I didn't realize that we had 2 different codes in paychex that pulled out dental coverage taxes. I had some employees on one and others on another. My account manager noticed it, told me about it and pointed me in the correct direction to fix the issue so we stay in compliance.

Manjunath A.

"Paychex Flex Review"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use application. It is very easy to provide / check the payroll details, update timesheets, W2 / taxation details, break-down of all the pay benefits.

Easy to generate reports of the all the different entities.

The tax calculations and submission is pretty simple.

The direct deposit functionality works really well, where in you can provide the users with the ability to add multiple bank accounts in order to break the salary up.

What do you dislike?

The UI of paycheck flex is not very interesting. The UI of the pay roll information can be significantly changed to better highlight the ability of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paychex is a promising application which has a lot of potential. The application is very easy to use for the users, you will hardly need any training before you go live with the implementation of paychex.

I have used paxchex flex for Reporting time sheets, storing the pary roll information of the employees, providing pay checks for the employees which can be later downloaded by the employees.

Joyce N.

"Paychex Flex All in One Place!!!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Paychex Flex is that everything I need is all on one site. Everything from Payroll, to Reports, to Human Resources, to Time and Attendance and Retirement Services and Health Care.

What do you dislike?

Really, the only thing that I dislike is that you have a specialist help you get set up in every different aspect and you get to know that person and then you get transferred to your permanent representative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Paychex Flex to other companies looking to have everything they need ALL IN ONE PLACE

Payroll is very simple to do now. We have taken advantage of the Retirement and Health Benefits also. It is very nice having everything in one place.

Sarah K.

"The best Payroll software"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of processing payroll is wonderful. I love how quickly I can gather the reports needed for my CPA, without searching through data to find exactly what is needed.

What do you dislike?

If it had more integration with other software, that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a Payroll Service to be a PARTNER with you and help your business grow, Paychex Flex is the right solution for all your small business needs. They offer retirement benefits, health benefits, HR Solutions, etc. They truly are the one stop shop for all your business needs.

Paychex Flex gives me the freedom to run my business without having to worry about tax payments, or deductions etc. It also allows to me provide my staff with 401 K easy online access to update their plan. HR Generalist services allow me to reduce my overhead cost but still provide my business with all of it's HR needs.

Robert D.

"Overall I like"

What do you like best?

Every pay period, the proper tax payments are being taken out and properly filed. I also enjoy the ability to run my payroll when I'm ready.

What do you dislike?

The costs keep going up... I think there should be better control and understanding about NOT raising the costs on a company with only one person. When a discount rate is put in place, any increase does NOT need to override it or be at a level that negates the discount.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, there are many services available that I'm even still considering. However, don't be afraid to voice opinion and request lower fee rates when its just you and the high cost is hard to justify. When my business grows again, I can expect to pay more as well as if I increase the services.

I'm solving the problem of making continuous tax payments and I'm saving the time of doing myself.

madison s.

""BEST payroll system in the market""

What do you like best?

My favorite part of this software is that it is extremely well designed and well thought out. The developers adopted the perspective of payroll processing users and provided all the navigation speed, functionalities and reports that we once found useful or that we need to do our work quickly and efficiently. Congratulations

What do you dislike?

As a Paychex user, I love how easy it is to navigate, feel that your information is safe and if you experience a problem, there is a very short wait when calling customer services. Usually, we do not have to wait. There is nothing against this system to say

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This system gives us tutorials in case there is any confusion about how to do something. It also has the ability to place all your reports in one place, so that when you need to run a report, everything is waiting to be downloaded. Any company that is to acquire this product we guarantee that it will solve all the inefficiencies within your company. 100% recommended.

Our company had the need for change. Paychex is an online software that not only human resources personnel can use for payroll. It also offers a highly reliable panel for employees that requires a username, password and pin number. That's why we left the previous system and switched to Paychex.

Chris C.

"Excellent online service"

What do you like best?

Quick access to all important information. Easy to navigate. Simple to download/print needed copies.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike at this time. All good so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Your account rep will guide you in the process, and continue to provide excellent support. It's the best of tech and human service worlds!

Being able to fix problems. Last payroll, somehow a key employee texted me that he did not receive his appropriate deposit. A quick check online and I confirmed that was the case. I placed a call to the customer service department (Good Friday) and was able to get the correction made, and the correct amounted deposited by 5pm that day. THAT'S GOOD WORK!

RASIKA A.

"Paychex the best payroll system till date"

What do you like best?

1. It is very easy to navigate.

2. Reports and pages loads very fast which makes it very comfortable to browse and seek info.

3. It is very safe and has a very security system which includes username, password and OTP all together.

4. Only authorized persons can access the website and your payroll which is a very important factor.

5. It offers tools, tutorials, and also helps to plan your financial goals,

What do you dislike?

1. It fails to track pay increases

2. Other payroll provider showed employee earning history, the rate of increase, when did the pay increase, after how much time did you get a raise, how much percent raise etc other info used to pop up when the raise was credited to my account.

3. In paychex flex we have to generate a report and it is very hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great tool to handle attendance, payment, retirement benefits etc all at one place.

We can do accounting and taxes at one place without jumping through the hoops and generate hundreds of reports.

Shawn G.

"Awsome Support for Over 20 Years!"

What do you like best?

Reliable service and rock solid support when questions or situations arise. They are very helpful when I make a mistake. Quick to find solutions to problems. Very easy to enter payroll in bits and pieces if necessary.

What do you dislike?

While online payroll processing is efficient and flexible with varying schedules, I do miss the one-on-one long-term relationship with our main payroll processor. Over the years I developed good and friendly relationships with these people and they learned a lot about our company, occassionally heading off a potential issue before it bacame one. I don't want to go back to calling in payroll numbers rather that entering them online but, it comes with a slight cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paychex is a very responsible company with great support and reports that are easy to read and use. They have plenty of options for businesses to add whatever products are necessary to operate to the fullest. A great resourse for a new business starting out; they keep you from making terrible mistakes. Great resources for medium/established businesses to streamline their efforts and offer more to their employees. Everything is fully integrated.

We use Paychex's TaxPay service. Though we are an accounting firm, it is a blessing not to have to think about timely payment of our own payroll taxes, especially diring spring and autumn busy seasons. This frees us up to focus on our own clients' needs.

Suzanne D.

"The Wonderful World of Paychex Flex"

What do you like best?

I like that Flex is seamlessly integrated with the time and attendance system, which makes running payroll a very smooth process.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the security protocols for gaining access to Flex. I would like to have strong protection and I don't feel like getting a call with a security code is adequate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have worked with other payroll outsourcing companies, and by far, Paychex is the very best. Their payroll processing is fully integrated and the time and attendance system is owned and operated by Paychex, which is not always the case with third party payroll providers. I love that I have one number to call for problems/customer support and if my rep is not available, I can be forwarded to another person on the team. The customer support is outstanding!

Previously we prepared payroll in house, and it was a pain to make all the tax deposits, keep up with changes that needed to be made, etc. A great benefit to us is the payroll process has become very efficient and well worth what we pay for.

Morez K.

"Paychex is a good start for small businesses with little experience in payroll."

What do you like best?

Paychex is affordable if using the basic features of operating payroll. The web features are simple and requires a two step log-in verification process for extra security.

What do you dislike?

Paychex caters to small business and may assigned you a local expert as your point-of-contact. Not all times this person may be available when needed. In addition, Paychex wants to ensure the product is used correctly... However, this may require needing permission to make changes to your payroll features such as changing dates, company info, and etc. Some people may enjoy the benefits of having extra security when logging in, but after a while it can delay things having to keep verifying yourself and your computer just because a change in IP on the network happens. Paychex also charge a premium on next-day processing for payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What is the size of your business? Paychex may have better features that caters to small businesses. However, how much control you want when it comes to your payroll? Paychex may not be for big businesses that may want more control over their payroll. However, if you need baby steps, paychex will help guide you to the right direction and ensure your payroll remain error free.

Our company is currently using Paychex Flex to process payroll, issues reports, and process paystubs for employees.

Donna H.

"Less stress, more time for REAL business"

What do you like best?

Not having to think or worry about doing payroll at all-it's completely taken care of for me. Before using Paychex, keeping up with my quarterly estimates and filings was my least favorite part of my job. Now I don't have to worry about it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have no complaints at all--very easy to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find out about ALL of the services Paychex offers--retirement, health insurance, etc. They can do it all!

Because I'm a very small business, I can't afford a full-time bookkeeper and payroll/bookkeeping is not one of my strengths. I now have more time to run my business because I don't have to work on that task!

Petra F.

"A must for small and large businesses"

What do you like best?

Using Paycheck Flex provides the ease of setting up general hours/overtime.

From there it's always a simple click to process payroll.

Paychex takes care of all tax reporting and deductions. It is almost like having them on staff as they don't miss a beat.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike! We value the support by our Paychex account manager who takes care of everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a total payroll package, Paychex will be that answer for you. Paytoll, reporting, taxes, etc. is all done for you and you can rest easy.

Paychex is a huge time saver for me. With a simple couple of clicks, payroll is done and submitted.

Staying in federal and state compliance with taxes and reporting are the biggest benefits for me. Paychex is on top of it and I don't have to worry.

Talha A.

"Best Integrated Payroll System for Hotels "

What do you like best?

From employee punches on the time clock to issuing W2 at year-end, Paychex is a one stop shop for all your payroll needs. I had been running payroll on paychex for 6 years now and i feel its better than its major competitor.

Employee information is kept safely, Everything is easily accessible from direct deposit information to manual checks written to employees if they wanted to cash out their PTOs early.

Very User friendly, when I started using it, i had no training what so ever but the site/portal is so self explanatory that i was able to run my first ever payroll without any help.

At the current company as an accountant i have more than satisfied with the reports that paychex produces. From labor department statistics to all kinds of custom reports satisfying all your needs

What do you dislike?

Only your account manager can help you. If he/she is not on the desk, the general customer service has no idea what to do to help you

The integration between time clock portal to actual payroll tab is terrible. For me it worked only a few times. other times i had to manually enter the hours in payroll

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect for all size hotels

It definitely streamlines the whole process from individual payroll to year end payroll/HR/Accounting tasks

Biggest thing is employees have their own logins and they can pull their timesheets, tax forms, vacation balance etc. They can request their holidays from their supervisors online which get rid of unnecessary paperwork

Brenna M.

"Director of Finance & Administration"

What do you like best?

i like the online access and that i can get to everything when I'm on the road.

What do you dislike?

I am unhappy that i can't change my bank account information for fees and draws online. i have to still fax in the information. I have faxed in my info multiple times, had my paychex rep submit the information even on my behalf and still 4 months later our bank account information is not updated to our new accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure you understand all the perks and benefits that paychex offers.

streamlined refunds for FSA requests. employees are happy with the receipt submission process and ease of online submissions.

Un-attributed

"Paychex Inc. is an outstanding addition for our company, employees and Human Resources Department!"

What do you like best?

The best part of Paychex is the easy access, accurate punches, and reporting. It is so easy to run a report and it helps with supervising employees with patterns of arriving to work late. Paychex has helped our company by giving employees and employers accurate and punctual hours worked. We used to have all of our time sheets and records on paper and now everything comes from Paychex. We have finger scanners to log time, electronic access to reports, records, vacation/PTO, and holidays. Any corrections needed can be processed easily. We now have all of our paycheck stubs available at all times via my paychex.com.

What do you dislike?

The least favorite part of Paychex is human error and when someone forgets to clock in or out. It is pretty simple to correct the time but you font have the exact data if the staff person forgots.

Andraya Y.

"Not the Easiest to Navigate Platform"

What do you like best?

At my organization we use Paychex Flex for a retirement service. It is convenient to be able to manage retirement online, and easy to login, make rollovers, requests loans etc.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself is not very user intuitive. At my last job we used the Principal Financial and the online platform and quarterly statements were so easy to use and understand. I've been using Paychex for nearly 3 years and when new staff members come on board I usually volunteer to help them get set up and navigate the platform. It's hard to tell how much the automated service is costing, how much you are putting in vs. return on investments. I wish we would switch to a different system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perhaps for other features Paychex Flex is a good system, however for using it for retirement, it is sorely lacking in user friendliness, ease of understanding where and how your money is doing and tools to help you make good financial decisions.

We use Paychex as a platform for managing retirement, it gets the job done but isn't very user friendly. There could be other aspects of Paychex that work really well, but the retirement portion is cumbersome and difficult to navigate. I also don't get quarterly statements (emailed or in the mail) about how my retirement is doing, or help offered as to if my funds are on track. At the Principal, these were normal features that I took for granted and really miss.

AA
Un-attributed

"Reliable, professional and always on time payroll service"

What do you like best?

I love how punctual, accurate and efficient Paychex is. It makes running a business a little easier and helps to take a bit f the load off my shoulders without sacrificing efficiency. Those who have been assigned to help us have been above and beyond helpful and accommodating. Its truly a pleasure to deal with them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

I have absolutely nothing to dislike. Everything is prime with this product. The staff are responsive quick to resolve any issues (which have been very few) that we have ever had. I appreciate the attention to detail they have shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you try it you will love it. The ease of use and value is second to none.

Payroll, paycheck issuance, W2's all of this is so much more efficient with Paychex. I am never worried about discrepancies. It is easy for our employees to see record and track the earnings as needed which in our case leads to higher productivity. The added usefulness of having the payroll tax automatically deducted is a huge relief to not have to worry about. Its always done on time and exactly as it should be which as I mentioned above takes a huge weight off of me as the administrator. One of the main benefits has been to have someone you can trust on your side should you ever have technical or clerical questions or issues. Its nice to know you have someone ready to answer those questions. The benefits are great!

Tammy S.

"Great customer service experience"

What do you like best?

I can call in anytime for any type of payroll question and my payroll specialist always has the correct answer at her fingertips and if she doesn't she always gets back to me.

What do you dislike?

Haven't ran into anything that has set off red flags for me yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like the program overall; they will send out support to get you up and running and you have a dedicated specialist to any any questions you may have.

My entire staff is on direct deposit. I like that my company is able to save money by not having the paper paystubs sent to our office. Each employee have their own user names and passwords to get their own paystubs.

John Z.

"Mostly Great"

What do you like best?

As a payroll provider, I enjoy the overall ease of use with the online experience. I also enjoy that we have a single Payroll Specialist, as opposed to a different person every time I need assistance.

What do you dislike?

The updates with entering payroll online are an annoyance. While not opposed to change, it seems you can't get used to one format before a small tweak is being made to it. The customization feature does not feel user friendly. It seems like there needs to be more forethought, or more time spent in focus groups before laying it out to everyone at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure they can accommodate your needs as an employer.

Less time spent on payroll.

Philip P.

"Good Service, Account Manager is Everything"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the typically flexible platform as well as the quick response from our account manager.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that different services are provided by different teams/companies that have been pulled together by Paychex to create a conglomerate that provides all the services they want to provide. This makes for some disjointed services. Especially between payroll structure updates and getting that updated on the GL end.

Easy payroll, not having to bother with payroll reports and payroll tax reporting. Also we can direct deposit instead of writing lots of checks and handing them out manually. This has streamlined our payroll process.

Un-attributed

"Great all-in-one HR Management Suite"

What do you like best?

It's simple!

It can sometimes be hard to evaluate products that just 'work'. Paychex does all the things you expect it to do and does it with an easy-to-use interface. For products like this it's easier to try to find what it doesn't do right and in this case there are very few things in that category! As mentioned elsewhere, the best option to help you decide if this product would be the right fit for your company would be to get a live demo and ask questions. This is what we did and we were very happy with the outcome and decided to go with this product as a result.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the portal is the slight inconsistencies in UI/UX. One example here would be the 'Time & Attendance' portal options. The design here is very early 90s and doesn't quite jive with the modern/clean design elsewhere. It almost looks like this was a legacy design that was lifted over from a previous version. It could use a UI refresh!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to get a demo. Unlike other products, it's difficult to 'test' this platform. Getting a demo will give you a great sense of the UI/UX and features.

We wanted a simple and easy to use employee time management portal. We had limited requirements on features and were mainly focussed on the interface and price. After doing the research, this was the best option and we are happy with our decision.

Un-attributed

"Paychex Flex is a real Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Using Paychex Flex is super fast and easy. All the information I need is really easy to access and I can run through updates and changes in the blink of an eye. Super easy to run reports and I can even customize them to give me only what I really need. Makes doing payroll a breeze!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the Paychex Flex program. Since we switched over to Paychex Flex my job has been much easier. And if I ever did experience any problems my Paychex Specialist is right there to help with any questions or concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out if your not sure...you'll be a believer when you see how easy it is to use.

When employees can't find their pay stubs I can go right to them and print them out quickly.