Bento for Business

Bento for Business

Bento is a platform built for small businesses, designed to help them better manage and control expenses, become more efficient and more easily raise capital, through a simple solution that connects online software to the world via feature-rich payment cards.

Work for Bento for Business?

Learning about Bento for Business?

Bento for Business Reviews

Ask Bento for Business a Question
Showing 38 Bento for Business reviews
Eric S.

"Great for Business"

What do you like best?

Not having to worry about my Technicians having funds for fuel while on the road. I can change the status of the card so they may purchase supplies or equipment while traveling from job to job.Time is critical when it comes to the service industry. Overall, still a great product and I highly recommend it

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for funds to hit my account. It would be more of an advantage if the funds were instantly available if the card is low so the employees can make those critical purchases while on the road. Time is critical when it comes to the service industry

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product and easy to use. My employees love it. Plus I can manage the use for my employees for only fuel at the pump or a certain amount for equipment spend

The ease of recharging the funds. I have mine on auto pay on a weekly basis

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Bento for Business
Audra H.

"Very Satisfied"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the ease of controlling the card. I also love that I can control the card from my cell phone. This makes it very convenient if I need to turn off a feature or disconnect the card during the day while I am away from the office. It also alleviates the need for us to have to purchase fuel cards.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about the card. Using the card has solved the issue we had with our employees needing access to funds without creating the liability of them having access to a bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to review transactions periodically.

Our technicians are able to have access to funds without us having to worry about the liability of them being connected to a bank account.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Megan D.

"Saved us so much time and money when we got Bento"

What do you like best?

Have access to control my employee cards and make needed adjustments in seconds is amazing - from desktop or app!

What do you dislike?

The load time for ACH transfers a little slow, but the wire loads are almost instant so that keeps us funded as we need.

We are a construction company with 20 crew in the filed. They need to purchase materials all the time and they used to come in for reimbursements checks, wasting time and money. Now with Bento less downtime, any lost receipts can be tracked and it syncs all the transactions to my Quickbooks Online!

Belinda C.

"Great product when you have employees on the road."

What do you like best?

I have several employees using the card for when they're on the road. The cards track the expenses and update me on the balance. Great for anyone who has employees that travel.

What do you dislike?

If I could change something is the 2 days wait for the money to show in the card when I recharge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add funds a weekly so that the funds do not go under $100.00

With the Bento card, I don't have to have multiple credit cards or give employees access to a bank account.

"Easy to use and the new website makes my job even better!"

What do you like best?

Complete control of how the cards work. I can turn them on and off and even control the days of the week or times that they work. The old website was not as good but the new one has improved tremendously and makes finding information so easy now.

What do you dislike?

The two day wait until funds transfer from bank to card account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great service to use.

No more out of control credit card bills. With complete control of spending we know exactly what gets charged. With a credit card employees were able to charge more frequently because they felt they had unlimited spending. Now they know that they have to have approval for each transaction and the spending is now completely under control.

"Works great when you have a crew on the road"

What do you like best?

You can limit how much and where each individual can spend, having the invoices or receipts uploaded so they never have to come to the office, makes bookkeeping much easier

What do you dislike?

I wish it didn't take so long to load the money onto the card

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple employees make purchases and want to be able to track those purchases this card is way easier that a regular debit/credit card

Being able to track who made each purchase and what it was for. When we were using a regular debit card I never knew who made what purchase and I would have to wait for them to remember to bring me their receipts, half the time they never did

"Great expense managment tool for big teams"

What do you like best?

The ability to create cards on the fly whenever you need them. Also the fact that it’s connected to our main funding source (bank account) makes it easy to operate.

What do you dislike?

It’s one big funding source. i would have liked to see that we could have an expense center for each department. Let’s say marketing department has a budget of 10k. All cards belonging to that department take money from that expense center. If it’s depleted, cost for any other departments are not affected by it. I know the controls can be put on a card level. However on a department level would also be nice.

Managing expenses for clients, and inhouse personell.

Heather F.

"Decent Alternative to Credit Cards"

What do you like best?

I like that we can have separate cards for each of our employees, and that they are not tied to the individual's credit scores

What do you dislike?

I don't like the reporting. There is a monthly charge that when you run individual reports will not show up on any of the reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to determine whether you want a credit card or a debit card - this is a prepaid debit card that requires reloading

The business problem we have solved is that it allows employees to make purchases without using their own credit cards

Sarah M.

"Bento is easy to work with"

What do you like best?

Bento is easy to see what balances are and you can set a balance per card and set a date that it needs to be turned off.

What do you dislike?

I dislike all the different options you can use per card.

Bento is much easier to use for our small company. It's easy to track charges and I can turn on and off cards as needed.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Transactions are always accurate and current. Using Bento also reduces the need to give staff petty cash to make purchases. This process helps keep our recordkeeping accurate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Bento.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise them to use Bento for Business as it is a great product.

One problem is that we don't have to keep cash on hand for staff to make purchases. The benefit is that transactions are recorded in real time, so I don't have to guess how much our remaining available balance is.

Anna R.

"Bento is amazing!"

What do you like best?

We like having quick accessibility to ordering new cards.

What do you dislike?

I would like to receive the cards quicker and be able to accrue bonus points

Recommendations to others considering the product:

compare to other options that accrue points

Acquiring cards from a bank has limitations and frequent calls from the fraud department

William P.

"Great Way to Track Expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the way I can set spending limits by category.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have found is the slight delay in adding funds.

I am able to give my staff spending power which takes some of the burden of me.

Sebastian O.

"Good solution for tourism businesses"

What do you like best?

It helps us reducing our cash on the field.

What do you dislike?

Complicated to manage, for a company with more than 50+ users.

We got rid of cash, reducing the risk of losing money. We have reduced our fees on western union sending money.

Jocelyn B.

"Need to Better your Business? Try Bento."

What do you like best?

We can control our spending by allotting amounts to certain users, determining the merchants where funds can be spent and turning the card off on the weekends (to decrease chances of fraud). You are alerted when your funds are low and there are also multiple ways to add funds to your account.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. There is nothing we dislike about Bento

Tracking and managing our spending. Bento has helped us know exactly how our funds are spent.

Tess P.

"Flexible"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to easily categorize transactions.

What do you dislike?

I wish the utility cards also allowed us to sign in and upload receipts.

We have a mobile sales team and multiple locations so it helps centralize expenses.

joseph e.

"Awesome solution for our team"

What do you like best?

Ease of it, we were able to financially empower our employees to complete projects within the budget

What do you dislike?

It takes 24 hours for a deposit to reflect

Empowering employees to complete projects within a budget

Melissa M.

"Safe, convenient but slow"

What do you like best?

I love the limits that you able to set by card. You can choose both monetary and time based limits.

What do you dislike?

It takes two to three business days for a transfer to go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to always have enough cash on hand for daily transactions.

Being able to have detailed and real time reports of transaction is useful. Also, there is no chance for an overdraft and the associated fees.

"Overall positive experience"

What do you like best?

Having instantaneous control over everyone's funds, as well as the ease of generating statements.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of time to transfer between bank and bento. It also takes a significant amount of time to generate statements relative to other payment programs we use.

Wouldn't say I'm necessarily solving any problems. There are many benefits though, which generally fall in line with my response to question one.

Shahina M.

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

It is very convenient to provide cards to employees and also keep track of the usage.

What do you dislike?

I dont understand the limit things which always shows up in my email.

I can restrict the usage of cards like only for gas or fuel. I like the category given to provide to each particular employees.

AI

"Relatively painless"

What do you like best?

Widely accepted, easy to use way to divert money to certain departments, monitor spending, or budget departments.

What do you dislike?

Must plan ahead to reload cards, sometimes have issues with certain card processors, transaction dashboard could use an update - it doesn’t display the current balance at time of transaction

Helps keep departments on budget and easy to monitor their spending. Keeps our company from using credit cards when unnecessary

Paul B.
View Original December 20, 2018

"Best Business Credit Card Soultion"

What do you like best?

Bento for Business allows companies to enable thier workforce a payment solution.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Bento for Business. They tools they offer are top notch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great soultion to enable your workforce payment options.

The solution Bento offers is to allow employess access to funds to make business purchases.

"Bento has been a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

It is easy to reload the card, it Is also easy to monitor the spending

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for the funds to transfer to the card

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan ahead and reload funds as needed, forecast them

Limiting employee spending, I can see immediately when charges are made

"Bento for Business"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that a business can provide debit cards to employees, yet the employees do not have access to the business operating account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the delay when transferring funds from the business operating account to the Bento business account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's awesome for employees to have the option to use the Bento card, instead of their own funds, for business related expenses.

Employees are able to use company cards for business related expenses, thus reducing the need to reimburse employees.

"Bento Prepaid cards for a small business"

What do you like best?

I like having total control over each card. Putting limits and item controls makes my job much easier.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is good but could always be better. They just did a website redesign so I'm still getting use to where everything now lives on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use and get started

Much easier to track funding by location as well as the Merchants that were used. CSV/Excel/PDF reports make my reconciliations much easier each month.

"Bento is GREAT"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility to give employees a card, without them having full access to the business bank account. It's easy to allow the employees to use the card for business expenses, instead of using their own funds and having to be reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

The process to transfer funds is not instant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, it's great!

Eliminating the need to reimburse employees. This is a great benefit and time saver.

Learn more about Bento for Business

Bento for Business Videos

Learning about Bento for Business?

* We monitor all Bento for Business reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.