Bento for Business Reviews & Product Details

Bento for Business Overview

What is Bento for Business?

Bento is the only card+software solution modern small and mid-sized businesses need to manage daily expenses. Customers have reduced spending, improved cash flow, and cut down countless hours that used to be spent on expense reports and reimbursements. How? Simply create physical and virtual debit cards for employees and teams, and limit when, where and how much each card is good for. That’s it! Employees get their job done without ever overspending, and managers have control and visibility without complex processes. View transactions in real time and download custom reports, including any receipts or notes digitally submitted by employees. You can even pay vendors with just their email address. Manage expenses the way you want with Bento's easy-to-use platform. You’ll find the most comprehensive controls to help rein in spending, send digital payments, create expense reports, and manage admins.

Bento for Business Details

Bento is a platform built for small businesses, designed to help them better manage and control expenses, become more efficient and more easily raise capital, through a simple solution that connects online software to the world via feature-rich payment cards.

(1) Bento offers the most detailed controls to fit your unique needs. For example, our cards offer 9 types of controls that can be personalized to each cardholder's spending needs. This level of customization extends to other features on the platform such as admins and alerts.

(2) Instead of reward points, we are all about maximizing the bottom line (critical to any business). We’ve obsessed over building the best card controls and proactive features, helping you prevent unnecessary purchases and discover hidden expense leaks.

(3) Bento is an all-in-one platform. Don't compromise for expensive packages or multiple single-point solutions. Bento combines smart debit cards, easy digital payments, modern reporting features, bank-grade security and user-friendly interface.

Bento Technologies
2013
San Francisco, CA
@bentoforbiz

Bento for Business Videos

Bento for Business Screenshots

Bento for Business Reviews

Showing 84 Bento for Business reviews
Already have Bento for Business?
AM
What do you like best?

Bento is a very convenient platform for managing budgets and creating virtual credit cards within them. Both of my companies are using their offering.

In our case, we run ad campaigns for multiple clients and across multiple ad networks, and Bento makes it easy to set budgets at the client level. We are able to use a unique card for each campaign, erasing headaches from our card numbers being exposed to clients. Virtual cards are also faster and more green than our old solution of ordering plastic cards for each employee, when most never make purchases offline.

I also had a very unsatisfactory experience with Emburse previously so have been pleasantly surprised by everything always operating smoothly here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit of 50 cards in our account which is not enough, but have so far yet to get that limit raised. We still have to rely on physical cards from another provider to cover the rest of our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to use a unique card for each campaign, erasing headaches from our card numbers being exposed to clients. Virtual cards are also faster and more green than our old solution of ordering plastic cards for each employee, when most never make purchases offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Controller
What do you like best?

It is very convenient to provide cards to employees and also keep track of the usage. I also let me choose the categories for my employees to use the card and I can also restrict where they cannot use the card so that is very good on my part to control the usage of the card and money used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont understand the limit things which always shows up in my email. But it is a good source to provide money with any issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can restrict the usage of cards like only for gas or fuel. I like the category given to provide to each particular employees. This help me alot to give some liberation and keep some restriction for the card usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Finance
What do you like best?

The app is pretty intuitive, not a lot of instruction needed to keep all your records organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way the pictures are cropped when photographing the receipts, I have to go back and adjust to capture all the info and I'd prefer it the other way around. Give me the whole image by default and the option to crop if necessary Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avoiding paper process reimbursements. I no longer have to fill out spreadsheets and scan copies of receipts to submit for reimbursement. Love it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I love that the cardholders have virtually instant access to their charges to select account codes, write a description and upload a receipt without anything from me. They love not having to wait for a spreadsheet I would typically give them after month close. Bento makes it easy to export to our accounting system. Their technical team was very helpful setting me up to import to Quickbooks Online with rules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rarely, cards are declined with no vague reasons. Most of the time it's the vendor's fault but sometimes it's just a quirky transaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product to let your users control their expenses. We're grateful for the ability for admins to log on and add more funds via the app. I like the flexibility for users to either use the App or the website for expense reporting. It's also very easy for our auditors to see who doesn't have receipts. As an admin, I wish I could see our Bento balance from the app. That way I could more easily advise people who are making large purchases if we have the funds available. Bento's customer service is helpful. Their chats usually answer my questions without needing to go a step further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Bento we had to hand input account codes and descriptions into our accounting system. Now we download them, run a macro to concatenate a bunch of fields, and upload that file to Quickbooks Online. With the predefined Rules in QBO, the transactions are coded to the right account code. This eliminated hours of hands-on work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can categorize all my budgets and assign cards to different departments or people within my organization. It is so easy to set new cards up, activate them, and adjust the controls on them. Using Bento gives me complete peace of mind that budgets are being adhered to. The integration with QuickBooks is also very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish was better is when the transactions are imported into QuickBooks, they are all uncategorized, so it takes a little bit of work to go back and forth between Bento and QuickBooks to categorize each transaction in Quickbooks. This may even be more of a QuickBooks problem than a Bento one, but that's about the only thing I wish was improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't find many companies who are easier to work with than Bento. Setup was easy, implementation was easy, support has largely been unnecessary but has been great when I needed them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Budgeting. In the early stages of a small business, very few people have/need access to company funds, so it's easy to control. As the business grows, more people need to be able to make purchases and the more control you have, the more complicated the buying process becomes. On the other hand, if you make the process easy and give people access to company funds, then it becomes very difficult to control. Bento solves that problem by giving people convenient access to make purchases while also giving me complete control over their spending limits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Financial Officer
What do you like best?

Bento has helped our growing company by both allowing more of our employees to spend and helping us as leadership to control spending. Providing debit accounts to employees is a great way to regulate our expenditures and keep us from unnecessary debt. It is an easy to use service and allows all controls to be maintained in one simple location. Admins are easy to add and control as well, along with managers that allow more eyes to monitor transactions.

I especially love the ability to upload receipts directly to the Bento transaction and link all of my transactions to my QuickBooks Online account.

Truly a great service that we would not survive without! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had very few problems with Bento, but there was one occasion where I requested and paid for an expedited card and it came over a week later. Definitely a problem for a rush situation.

I also am not fond of the fact that I cannot set a limit to refill the account that is greater than the refill amount. We occasionally have large purchases to make (i.e. a new vehicle or piece of equipment) and having more in the account that we are spending month to month is crucial, but the automatic funds system just does not allow for a circumstance such as this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool, but remember it is a debit card system. This means that it only works with the funds you provide it. It will scale with your business and I highly recommend this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our business is able to grow at an incredible pace while allowing our project managers the flexibility to make purchases without immediate restraint. It has been of considerable help as we enter new markets and have needs for unknown purchases. It is a great tool that will help us continue to grow well into the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Analyst
What do you like best?

The phone application makes the aspects of tracking and managing company expenses and spending super simple and quick. Being able to have this capability with me wherever has been a tremendous help. This in conjunction with the card control options and the data visualizations make this an excellent solution for our companies bookkeeping and finance needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment Bento is meeting all my needs. There is nothing I can think of or have experience that I have disliked so far. Excellent platform, no issues with the card or card controls and great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of various expenses across different line items for the business. Being able to give employees the financial means to make business related purchases but easily control the card amounts and use. Capturing information on purchases (receipts) immediately and loading them into the program. This has allowed this process to be streamlined and to prevent issues such as lost or misplaced receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that you can assign online cards to different employees that way they can use that to purchase their items and you’re able to see which purchases are coming from who. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have too many complaints. I wish it were a better process to deposit money into the bento account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People are recognizing their own expenses making it an easier process to reconcile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, CEO, Business Coach
What do you like best?

I like the fact that Bento for Business allows me to easily manage and monitor individual business expenses as they relate to different facets of my business operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Believe it or not, there is nothing I dislike about Bento for Business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to Bento, I was using a personal card for business expenses. With the Bento card, it is much easier to use and track these expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Easy to use for my employees and pulls into QuickBooks online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish that it would pull the memo into QB to make coding faster. And more mobile options especially for the managers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a couple of cards and try it out. It is so easy to use and manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They can track their budget and know how much they can spend. They also can upload their receipts quickly, so we have less lost receipts. We are also able to more accurately code transaction due to the detail they are able to add in the memos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Community Manager
What do you like best?

The ability to scan my receipts to the site directly is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, easy to use and maintain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My bosses can control the spending for each person and have a way to make sure that the money isn't being spent on things it shouldn't be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Its a very easy to use, user-friendly platform- allows for multiple cardholders, restrictions on specific cardholders, east to understand pricing and statements. We like the flexibility for the overall use and each individual who uses the card. Ordering the card was easy and quick. The fees were lower than many other sites so we decided to go with bento. Our techs have never had any issues making purchases or replacing a lost card. Very simple, very helpful, very worthwhile. Not sure if there is anything else to add here! It should cover it all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it's great, I would prefer quicker money transfers from the bank but thats, not exactly a Bento issue- thats how bank wires work. Aside from that not much! If they had the ability to do the same day / immediate transfer it would be super useful at times. Not sure if there is anything else to add here! It should cover it all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate the needs of your business and cost per card etc and see if it works for you, we find it very easy to use and works great for any business where employees need to purchase fuel, supplies, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to oversee employee spending without allowing access to our main business accounts, or credit cards- allow them to purchase as needed without risking business funding issues. I was concerned about providing credit cards with high spending limits or debit cards to a bank account funded for security reasons. Glad we found this solution. Not sure if there is anything else to add here! It should cover it all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use the Team Bento service as we have several employees who do a lot of traveling, which can be challenging costs for employees to cover upfront. The Bento cards have completely solved this problem for us and our employees are able to attend their meetings and arrange their travel with autonomy and ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything we really "dislike". I guess it would be helpful to have a debit/PIN function for the few times that the card is recognized as a debit card and won't process as credit. But those instances are few and far between...not a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have fully solved the employee paid-and-arranged travel issues that we were facing prior to signing up with Bento. The benefits are ample...the greatest of which being the personal freedom and autonomy our employees now have when traveling. This has been a huge benefit for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Super easy to do, with a simple transfer. I was able to establish different spending limits by department.

Expense reports are accessible online and we can track fraud by looking at transactions online. Being able to stop suspicious activity immediately if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it works exactly as advertised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Issuing credit cards to multiple employees and having access to the transactions, establishing different limits based on business function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Employees of our organization are located across the globe. Bento has simplified our payment system thru one simple online platform. We appreciate the interface, and the ease with which we can immediately make payments, make changes to our account and upload additional funding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform works well - no dislikes at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monthly recurring payments, one off expenses, travel expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I like that it is debit instead of credit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I used to dislike the 2 days waiting time for funding. Now that it's only one day, there is nothing to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The dashboard is simple to use and easy to manage. Be sure to set up auto reminders so so you don't forget to fund the account. Also, review all of the various controls you have to make sure the cards/users are set up exactly the way you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paying for expenses with "cash" instead of credit. Supplying each vehicle with its own card that can be control locked and tracked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

Their web dashboard and mobile allows gives a lot of control to manage spending limits and even disable cards when not in use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We need to plan loading money as you cannot load instatntly. Since Bento cards are prepaid cards, any unplanned large expense can hit the overall limit. This is very rare though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are definitely a good option. They provide physical cards which makes easy for employees' on-site expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for employee expense management solution where we can control the finanical limits to reduce our risk. Bento has delivered very well on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how you can instantaneously add receipts and add notes. You can see limits right away and never have issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I don't like. I would say having to use my business' address for the zip code.. that's just a thing to remember. Not a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! It helps track spending so easily! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps my sanity when traveling for business. I never have to worry about expenses. It works everywhere and so easy to add receipts and notes! The app is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I can monitor my employees transactions daily. I can control their spending easily and make changes instantly. My employees dont need to lay out money and we never owe them. I can easily add funds to my account at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That all the funds are pooled instead of being allocated to each card. Also, there is no way to add money to a monthly card limit w/o resetting the card's controlled limit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely amazing for small businesses trying to be on top of employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of our employees had regular cc and would swipe them for their own personal use. Employees see that we are on top of them and are happier that we never owe them money. Our business is saving money with Bento. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Our card holders are able to upload purchases immediately, they are able to look at what has been spent and funds remaining and they do not have to hold on to receipt until they are back in the office or risk losing the receipts to complete expense reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that statements were more accurate as a true monthly bank statement...opening balance, deposits into your account, purchases and ending balance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The greatest benefit of Bento for Businss is that our cardholder's are able to make a photo copy of their receipts at their convenience. Our organization has reduced the number of lost receipts and not being able to reimburse our employees because they do not have a receipt for a purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to reload and use cards anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing particularly that I dislike with the card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the great work and continue to be AMAZING Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consistent assistance for our sites and ability to help our residents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Youth Basketball Ref.
What do you like best?

I love the fact I control all cards and accounts from a distance. They are always upgrading and adding benefit for my account. Great for small business owners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes as of yet. I think the Credit cards could look better with the design Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This a great account to have multiple cards with set limits, which you can set yourself, so an owner has more flexibility to run a company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The freedom and versatility I have with my card is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

How like how you can keep record of purchase and verify with a image of receipt Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there hasn’t been anything that I dislike about Bento Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Made my job easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

The ease of use on the Bento for Business dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the sync to QBO matched to the Chart of Accounts. Currently it syncs to one of the tags instead of multiple tags. I have shared my feedback with the Support team at Bento Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No current problems. BentoPay is very easy and simple for the admin as well as the recipient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Bento for Business?

Bento for Business Categories on G2