Pleo Reviews & Product Details

Pleo Overview

What is Pleo?

Smart credit cards for your business. No more expense reports, no more out-of-pocket spending. Power to your people.

Pleo Details
Discussions
Pleo Community
Danish, German, English, French, Spanish, Swedish

Pleo offers smart payment cards for employees enabling them to buy the things they need for work, all while keeping the companies in control of spending.

Pleo
2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
@pleo

Pleo Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Pleo community
Have you used Pleo before?

Pleo Reviews

Showing 420 Pleo reviews
Already have Pleo?
Product Manager
Open Discussions in Pleo
Learning and Development Manager
Sales Director
What do you like best?

The honesty with which Pleo fulfils its objective. It does precisely what it says it is going to do, and it does it really, really well.

The onboarding process is fast and enjoyable. The cards come in a cool cardboard wallet, which incentivise a new user to make the most of the corresponding digital platform.

it's really easy to categorise and monitor expenditure in a way that makes our accounting team's job very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to write 40 characters, which means I can't just write "Nothing", but...literally nothing. I haven't had a single negative experience with this service.

I am frustrated that the G2 platform isn't giving me an A+ grade as a result of a lightweight response to this specific question, but I really struggle to fabricate negative experiences with Pleo ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multi-user access to company funds; clear, tracked spending; easily controlled staff budgets; authorised, monitored spending; customisable budgeting.

I have used the physical card for real-world transactions, and the digital card for online transactions. The app verifies your identity before authorising a payment, which is an intelligent feature to ensure only the right people are able to make purchases. This is an enlightened approach to expenses, and I am a strong and vocal advocate of the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the app / service is the best feature. it does expense management and it does it like it should be done. Simple to use, simple to administer. Integrations are great, new features keep adding value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about the app. I tried to think of something but I can't. That doesn't happen very often. Only one slight gripe, we arent a big company, but we were one of the app, almost at beta. we gave loads of feedback and suffered early adopter teething challenges. Would have been nice to have been a case study or at least seen some promotion on the back of it, instead of just using the big brands who came after. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Decentralized expense management. It means we can push the problem out to to 100 or so people in our company and they manage expenses. Fantastic for a consulting business and we don't need a large central team to do admin. It also empowers our staff and builds trust because they have a company card they can use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Sales Manager
What do you like best?

The quickness of uploading receipts and don't have to be sitting and allocating time for it as it's always on the go. The new look and complete make-over of the app and visual identity was also a big success. The app works flawlessly and is easy to use, understand, and always very educational once new features roll out. Easy tab in with Face ID (Apple user here), which makes it even quicker and smoother to use the app. Another great feature but at the same time so simple is the prompt notifications one receives as soon as you made a purchase so that you can go straight into the application for snapping that picture of the receipt. Toss the physical paper or delete the mail receipt right after, which leads to less clutter. The fact that Pleo is finally Apple Pay also makes my life easier and much more streamlined since I can even use my Apple Watch to pay for things now and keep all my cards in the same wallet and don't have to become cross-functional when it comes to paying for things! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It happened before that the server was down while I had to pay for something, but that has never happened after that one time. That was the only negative experience ever and I've been using the Service for over 1.5 years :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am saving massive amounts of time while working on the road! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to forget about worries of petty cash or PO's whilst also being able to snap pictures of receipts and not having to hold on to them and risk losing them is a amazing thing, as a filmmaker, I'm constantly travelling around and Pleo takes all the stress of transactions away, the old system of using a float or you're own money and having to claim it back was always a pain, now when I travel, its not even taking space up in my mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to really find any issues with using Pleo, everything is super streamlined and the app is fantastic, no complaints here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice is to try it, and in doing so you will realise how much stress it prevents in everyday tasks, having a plastic card as well as a digital card is so useful, and being able to categorise each purchase helps you and your finance team easily distinguish each area of expenditure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problems of missing receipts, using floats or having to use you're own money is where Pleo has greatly helped me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

App functions (Freeze card, Show PIN, etc.) , Apple Pay, Team management, DATEV integration and the new features coming soon like the subscription management.

Worth mentioning is the quick, kind and helpful customer service. They supported us in our onboarding and whenever we had questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now, the only thing I don't like about Pleo is that we didn't use it earlier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is saving us much time in the accounting department. We are a small team but every now and then we have team members in different areas or on business trips and need to purchase things for the jobs or the trips and Pleo makes the whole process easy. Especially with the integrations of Apple Pay and DATEV. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nobody likes to deal with the payroll administrative stuff, but Pleo makes it so easy to do. It logs all of your expenses and makes it really easy to attach payment receipts and invoices. It also kindly reminds you if any of your payments are missing a receipt. There's also no need to remember your card details as it is super easy to copy them with only one click. I also love the general design of the platform and the little encouraging messages that are posted after submitting a receipt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - I haven't experienced anything that bothered me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it - it will make your life easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to stay on top of your expenses and to make it easy for payroll to process them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of paying for things with a card that I have to think nothing about. My employer gives me the card, I pay for stuff I need with it, an alert turns up on my phone reminding me to snap a receipt, and that's all. No remembering to submit expenses by a certain date. No entering numbers into spreadsheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I literally can't think of any. I dislike nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me, as an employee, Pleo saves me time. I don't have to get approval, I don't have to keep receipts and spend time entering details into some claim document somewhere. I pay with the card like I pay for everything in life these days, take a photo of the receipt and that's that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. Simple, concise user experience, and easy payment approval. Also easy integration with ERP systems, which makes processing life easy. It is also great with the virtual and physical cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I guess that it is a niche system handling just a part of the process, but integrations are easy, so not a problem for me at this time. Nothing really to dislike about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go. It's easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we are solving with Pleo is about purchase approval and management of receipts for credit invoices. We also have integrated with our ERP system, so we can have all our receipts related to the records in general ledger. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

You can choose between online cards and physical cards which I really like. It´s extremely easy to manage for finance responsible. You set limits and add money to cards either manually or automatically.

The app is amazing. It prompts me whenever I use the card and I scan the receipt straight away. No need to pile up receipt and submit it when it´s too much Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cards are pre-paid. It causes issues with some hotels. Specially in the US. Would love a proper credit card as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will save you a lot of time both for users and for administrators. I am extremely happy with it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to be able to have the company cost separate from personal cost. As a business owner I need my company cost and my employees company cost to be transparent and available as it happens. I don´t want an employee coming with big costs that I knew little about because they have not done an expense report in a long time.

With Pleo I have managed to have full transparency and easily manage the cards and cost. As I user I have also managed to manage my expenses fast and easily with the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR
What do you like best?

Easy to use app and web

App on the phone allows you to take pics of the receipt

Passcode on app

Contactless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On a rare occasion, the payments didn't process when using contactless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Business size of 45 and works well, unable to comment on how well Pleo would work within larger organisations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Each team who needs to make regular purchases can do so easily. Don't need to keep hold of lots of receipts for the month.

Can be managed easily through the app.

Email reminders do submit receipts weekly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A very unassuming but commanding little application! I'm incredibly grateful for this program; expenses have never been easier. I also enjoy the cute touches. Nothing makes me smile like seeing that cute cat after adding all my missing receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None as of yet! It's so stinking light -- it just works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Receipts are always a PITA, but with Pleo, I can drag and drop a screenshot and BAM! I'm done. Very few clicks to take care of your outstanding items.

The desktop version is so easy that I've hardly used the phone app! Wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't also a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AV
What do you like best?

Pleo is very intuitive, it is easy to use, and takes the hassle of having to PDF online receipts to attach to every claim. I absolutely love and I'm sure my team does too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the reporting feature, it doesn't allow you to export the graphs as is (as they appear on the screen). Once the data is exported to excel you then have to create the graphs all over again. It would be nice if within the online app the reporting feature can be manipulated to what you want it to look like and then with those filters it's exported into excel for your records or a presentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not currently solving any problems with Pleo. One benefit I have realized is the release of new cards that support apple pay, Great job Pleo team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the user friendly side of it.It is linked to lots of 3rd party apps including Travel,parking apps etc. and it just a couple of taps away to store the receipt for the transaction .It will also pick your expenses and organise ot into different catergories . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have used this for 3 months now and the only downside was that there was no way to connect to apple pay .I just received a new card which got that feature so would use contactless with my phone,which so convenient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

before pleo i was using my own cardf or my business expenses and claim it monthly.Every now and then lost receipts and forgot some expenses,with Pleo you get a daily update . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Service Desk Technician
What do you like best?

For field operations,

Pleo has made it easy for my team to track payments for various services

and also sends reminders/ prompts if receipts are not attached to a particular expenses.

This reduces on fraudulent activities , improves on resource allocation and better accounting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Due to the nature of our field work, the Pleo cards have an Upper limit per month which restricts on the expenditure per month since it cannot be exceeded.

The Notes dialogue box has limited space for characters to type this means the descriptions for the expense have to be as brief as possible and understandable with few words which might not work in my favor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company purchases and accounting on expenses on monthly basis.

pleo eliminates the need for excel sheets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mostly everything. I think it is an intuitive app, easy to use, I like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The facto that the app doesn´t allow the option to not include a photo of the invoices or mark the purchase in a way it doesn´t look as "pending" (of attaching the invoice), showing the orange circle. Apart from that everything is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an easy way for me to track all the purchases, remember the invoices I need to give to my accountant. I can have my own card so I don´t have to keep asking my boss for his. We can have a separate budget and card for the marketing department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/ director kings construction ltd
What do you like best?

All my staff have excess to controlled and accountable funds for expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with pleo no problems at all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend pleo it has improved cash flow made my employees and admin staffs lives much easier so glad I found pleo I can’t recommend them highly enough customer service has been immediate with any thing we’ve not understood! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff expenses and easy linking to QuickBooks accounts software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Amazing and ready to help Customer Support and New Features, which are implemented at least once a month. I'm always excited to see what else there is new on the platform. Great to have one tool to avoid unneccessary pain of personal/company expenses. Truly grateful for such superb experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the system can notify when categories or receipt is missing, when exporting the data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Pleo to ease up the process of personal expenses. Additionally, with new Pocket Feature, the issue with 'accidently' using Pleo Card has been resolved - and now everything is even easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pleo is a business payment solution that is part of an affiliate sales network that allows organizations to give compensation through payment cards for employees to buy products on behalf of the company, the interesting thing about this software is that it allows you to have physical or virtual payment cards which allows you to streamline much more business expenses, is an affordable software for all types of businesses, has an excellent mobile application and can even be integrated with accounting applications and finally is one of the best cost trackers you can have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some negative details that can be seen in Pleo are the management of reimbursements and the functions to attach invoices that do not work very well, you need to strengthen a little more its analysis of expenses as well as the management of budget and forecast of which in many occasions we have had problems, you need to improve a little more its standards of security since this is of extreme importance when it is a question of money of the company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Pleo because I think it is the ideal solution to manage the expenses that employees make on behalf of the company through the distribution of reward cards that makes it easier to track expenses also by its mobile application which allows easy access to all our finances, in addition it is an attractive software with a good value for money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization has long been using Pleo as a business payment solution for our employees primarily because it allows us to control from a centralized portal the expenses that are debited from the company since having expense limits for each employee allows us to have a better organization and improve our financial health, before Pleo we did not have a detailed control of all our finances and for this has been very helpful accounting integrations such as Sage, Microsoft Dynamics and Xero Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AWS Solutions Architect
What do you like best?

With the pleo card you can automatically get digital invoices directly from the store, the app and webpage is also easy to navigate and very simplistic. Pleo will notify you if you are missing an invoice and as soon as it detects a purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything I dislike. Perhaps a metal card instead of a plastic card would be nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend pleo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With pleo you can easily submit invoices from your purchases and avoid missing invoices.

Employees can have their own credit card with a monthly limit which makes small purchases easier to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the app - it is easy and simple to use. I can add categorisation, notes, images (for receipts) etc, drag-and-drop PDF invoices to the correct place, it all works in an unobtrusive way

One other thing is the packaging the cards come in - I have even kept mine! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is possible there are some advanced features missing, however as a fairly "simple" use case I have found it really user friendly to add and categorise expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install the app, it helps with tracking expenditure and remaining budget in real time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pleo allows our Finance team to track individual and team expenses without requiring a paper receipt for every outlay, which has meant far less friction when handling expenses and allows me to focus on being productive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Executive Officer & co-founder
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and setup. Price is well adjusted, it is fantastic for small teams to start with and seems to be very scalable once the company starts to grow. Everybody in team is very happy with the experience so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fetch functionality with emails does not work well, it really need to improve. Fails to recognise attached files, for example, and fetches emails that are not invoices as invoices. It's the only feature that I can complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed cards for all the team members so they could arrange their own purchases easily. Pleo has provided a very easy to use and cost effective solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Automation

Being able to connect online purchases so the receipt/email is automatically stored in Pleo.

Reminders

Automatic reminders for actions that need to be completed are very useful, as well as warnings when limits are reached or approval is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From a user perspective, nothing.

One frustration with Google not accepting Pleo as a payment method. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save time and effort by using Pleo! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I and my team no longer have to spend over an hour per month sorting out our credit card statements.

It has alleviated the issue of missing receipts.

The option of having an online and physical card is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.