APS Payroll Solution

APS Payroll Solution

4.7

APS provides you with the tools to power through payroll, reduce costs, and simplify your workforce processes.

Work for APS Payroll Solution?

Learning about APS?

APS Payroll Solution Reviews

Ask APS a Question
Showing 258 APS reviews
Steven W.

"Happy Client"

What do you like best?

The amount of coaching and access a user has to what they need or need to get done is excellent. The software and the support team (most the time) allow me to get things done quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of missing elements for common use cases. If you give an employee a raise on the anniversary of their hire date (yearly raise specific to the employee) there is no way to do that. You have to rig it in a way that you calculate the difference from the current to the new and then base off number of days in pay period they would be paid, then take that amount and add to a column in the Payroll Batch. - it is a lot of work for a common case.

Then there are issues around having multiple states. We have two states with employees and we were told they would help us set up what we needed. 5 months later, we still are not done.

Saving time filing payroll taxes, managing payroll distributions and the management of employee data.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about APS Payroll Solution
Aleigh K.

"So happy with our switch to APS"

What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to use this product. All areas of the website are self explanatory. The cost is much less expensive than our previous payroll provider. The response time from our dedicated customer support team staff is fantastic! This is a big deal because our previous payroll provider had terrible customer support.

What do you dislike?

We have only had one small issue with not being able to have lunch time rounded to 30 minutes. Not a big deal, and they are working on a solution for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

APS is a wonderful company to work with. They listen to their customer and try to find solutions for their needs.

We are so happy we switched to APS. Now that we have been with APS for a while, we can see how bad our previous payroll provider really was.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Brian M.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

APS makes using and managing several payrolls at once very easy. No matter what your business needs are APS has a solution for it. They have a great interface and amazing customer support. The account managers are great in resolving issues and helping make sure everything is completed smoothly. The system is easy to learn and there are features to fit any company.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far, the system is constantly improving and account managers are great in fixing problems or getting you necessary information. When modifying information for employees it automatically saves, there is no save button to ensure that changes are correct.

APS has been great in helping us with outsourcing our tax reporting. They handle calculating and paying certain taxes and garnishments, thus freeing up more time to handle other tasks.

Lisa C.

"APS fits our Needs - Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

APS is a fit for our organization! The customer service is outstanding. Employees have their own portal to access information from their computer or phone. Multiple users can be working in the program at the same time. The dashboard alerts are extremely helpful. For example, I can track if employees are missing in/out punches and this can be corrected before we get to the crunch of running payroll.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations on reporting, but APS is always making updates and are interested in hearing suggestions from the client -- I anticipate this will improve with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a look! There was a learning curve for us this past year, but overall it is very user friendly and is doing the job for our organization.

For us, we transitioned payroll from our finance dept to our HR dept last year. APS was implemented as part of this change. It has proven to be so helpful with time keeping, PTO tracking, and ease of payroll transactions.

Tom G.

"APS provides a good product at a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

Has the ability to manage soup to nuts under one cloud based software. We like having both payroll and managing HR functions (performance reviews, personnel documentation, etc) all in one place.

What do you dislike?

We find glitches at times in parts of the software that really seem like they should have been caught at beta testing. Some of the are so evident it amazes us that other customers aren't pointing them out sooner than us (we have less than 40 employees)

We have been with APS for several years now and although at times have found some glitches, APS typically is fast to roll out an update to the fix. Most of the customer reps we have worked with over the years have been terrific and helpful! We were seeking a one solution product for all of our payroll and HR needs and this has suited us well.

Laura B.

"APS Makes Small Business Payroll Easy"

What do you like best?

The APS software is incredibly simple to use, but more importantly, their support is top notch. Whenever I have a question I can pick up the phone, reach a live person, and have my problem resolved or on its way to resolved in no time. The onboarding process was simple, and the day-to-day usage of the product is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about APS as our payroll vendor.

APS has made processing our payroll into a simple task which takes me generally less than 15 minutes. Once it's set up, everything is very simple. Adding new employees is a breeze, and their reporting functions make it very simple for me to get the data I need for various other functions.

Kelly H.

"Customer Service Outstanding"

What do you like best?

What I like most about APS is the functionality of multiple pay codes with multiple pay rates and the ability to change them on the fly. With over 100 employees doing different tasks at different rates, it's not always hard coded on their employee record. I inherited this system less than a year ago and had to get up to speed very quickly to process the bi-weekly payroll. Their customer service team is truly outstanding via email or phone. They were patient with me and walked me through to meet the deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The only “con” that I’ve experienced is not having the ability to turn off deductions for a specific type of employee all at once. With seasonal employee’s benefits have different deduction dates and have to be changed one by one.

Time saver for entering payroll for multiple pay for multiple codes.

"Great place to work!!"

What do you like best?

I love working with the APS team. My co-workers are like family and some are close friends. APS Payroll is user friendly and improving at a good pace. Many changes over the last two years have help make the software better and solving many clients desires in many aspects of the Consoles provided.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about APS. Everyone has bad days and we work through them. I believe the Scheduling has some issues that makes it complicated and could be more smooth or the instructions be more clear (when to do which step and why). Knowledge Base needs improving in some areas to clarify more troubleshooting and the search mechanism could be clearer and easier to find specific words or phrases. It can be trying at times to find certain items in KB.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

APS is a growing company with Southern Charm and great customer service. Staff is very knowledgeable and collaborate together when needed to meet all customer's needs.

Helping clients solve their questions and concerns. Many new additions to the software help to APS to rise above the best.

Matthew D.

"Truly Amazing Payroll/HR Software....Best on the Market!!!"

What do you like best?

APS is very thorough with all of its various solutions: payroll, human resources, benefits administration, document storage, Time & Attendance, PTO, APS Hire (recruiting/job boards), Applicant Tracking, Online On-Boarding, Asset Management, etc, etc.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about APS. Their technical team is very flexible with custom solutions, APS Customer Service team is responsive (even with our 5-6 hour time difference between Louisiana and Hawaii). We have a dedicated "Partner Support" team member over at APS, as well as a "Training Support Partner".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would think twice. I would switch over to APS as soon as possible. Best I have ever used in my 25 years of doing business and processing payroll internally and externally for clients.

I started up a PEO/ASO/HRO company in Hawaii in 2009 and grew it to the 2nd largest in the HR/Payroll firm in the state. I sold this company to the largest competitor in 2016 when we were running $200 million of payroll and managed over 10,000 employees in multiple states. I can honestly say that I wish I discovered APS Payroll Software when I started my HR company, as this software truly blows away our PEO/HR/Payroll system we used.

When I sold my HR/Payroll company, I was looking at finding a new payroll software that could also handle all of our HR administration. I attended a Sage Intacct (accounting software) conference and met APS in the Exhibit Hall with numerous vendors. The final selling point is APS directly integrates into Sage Intacct. Finally, we have one login in which we can access all of our internal companies and external clients we process payroll for. There are so many bell and whistles available and it is very easy to learn and use. I highly recommend APS to everyone looking for an affordable payroll software, with an even more impressive and responsive team.

Jordan W.

"Great software for payroll, very userfriendly"

What do you like best?

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. Reports are organized and the features that allow you to conduct performance reviews as well is great. We are converting everything over from paper to digital for all HR needs and without this software would be a lot harder. Getting a new employee added and deleted from the system is easy and straightforward too.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed about the clocking in and out feature. Rather than having an app that you can have an employee download and use to login, you need to go to the eselfserve website every time. Some employees struggle with this when clocking in and out remotely with the website crashing and also needing to jump thru more hoops on their phone to get it working again (clearing their cache, restarting phone, closing apps, etc.)

Better way to organize performance reviews. I am able to keep all employee documents separate under each individual. I can add reminders for future raises and reviews too that keep me on schedule.

Chay J.

"WE LOVE APS! "

What do you like best?

The account managers are extremely polite and helpful and always resolve my issues quickly. I love having APS handle all my payroll needs because it takes the work out of payroll. I have had up to 3 businesses using their software at one time and it was one of the best decisions Ive ever made while owning small businesses. Plus, the production manager Chris Livingston always goes the extra mile to help me!!

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a "glitch" in the Creating Payroll section that doesn't save the entered hours under time entry the first time you enter it, causing me to have to enter the hours more than once.

APS makes payroll / hr work easy. They handle everything from cutting the checks to payroll tax deposits to the quarterly payroll returns and w2s. I don't worry about completing timely reports or being late on a tax deposits because APS handles it all for me.

Heather F.

"Easy payroll solution with excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

APS is intuitive and easy to use. Although I had no payroll experience before my current job, I can easily track and run all of our payroll and tax form needs using APS. They also have a dedicated customer service rep for each client, so I know that if I ever have a question, I will get a prompt, helpful and cheerful response. They are a delight to work with.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing specific I dislike about APS.

I run twice-monthly payroll with added benefits through APS. I also appreciate that I can print our employee tax forms directly from the software. They also have the option of mailing the tax forms, but I like the ease of printing them directly. It's very easy to use.

Dane R.

"Makes your HR/ PAYROLL department run smoothly."

What do you like best?

When working with APS I really enjoy the fact that it tracks time off; sick pay and vacation pay. Which helps because there are times we cant rely on our scheduling system to be accurate.

What do you dislike?

I would say I dislike how hard it is for our caregivers to log into the system. We constantly get calls on to reset the passwords due to them forgeting it. So instead of them being able to "Forgot password" they always call in.

I have realized that they arent just about the sales, they really work with you as a company and are understanding when there is issues that arise and you cant submit payroll on time. They always go above and beyond to get us paid on time.

Haley C.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

The customer service is great! The setup was super easy and professional. We switch payroll providers because our previous service messed up our taxes and it was a nightmare to get them fixed. I'm confident that won't happen with APS because their setup was so thorough and their team responds so quickly.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky and less slick than our other service. It doesn't affect the functionality. Getting employees enrolled in their portal isn't particularly easy if they don't respond to the initial enrollment email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a slick dashboard you won't love APS but if you can deal with a more clunky UI in exchange for great customer service, APS will work for you.

Payroll and employment tax services

Debbie R.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

APS allows employees to enter their time, mileage and expenses, supervisors to approve based on schedules or preset requirements, and minimizes the workload for the payroll administrator. My processing time for payroll of 230 employees went from 2 days to 2 hours.

What do you dislike?

Any "back end" adjustments can skew our reporting. We tend to look for alternative ways to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

APS has more to offer than the "Big Guys" at a much better price. If you are searching be sure to compare apples to apples in product, quality and service. APS definitely excels as a payroll provider. And I would love to praise our implementation team led by Aaron Johnson. He was amazing. And our salesman, Scott Lasseigne. No pressure--he just let the product sell itself. Thank you APS.

As the payroll administrator, APS has cut my time for processing payroll from 2 days to 2 hours. Reports are available within minutes of submitting the payroll batch. APS has been a great timesaver for our company.

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

We have used APS for the last year. They have been very helpful, and when I call with an issue, I can get it resolved very quickly. Most times, if I call, the issue is resolved immediately. If it cannot be done while I am on the phone, I get an answer before the end of the day.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a chat link so that if it was a minor question, I could chat with a tech support person instead of calling.

It has help our company tremendously. There are only 2 of us in the Business Office, and I do the majority of the paperwork. Before switching to APS, I would have to collect timesheets, follow up with substitutes who had worked for absent teachers, follow up with absent teachers to make sure they completed the proper paperwork for the time off, etc. It was a huge hassle. Using APS allows me to check the hours, timesheets, etc. throughout the pay period so that I can make sure everything is completed in a timely manner.

Kelly H.

"Excellent Payroll Service"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service - they are always quick to respond when something comes up that I haven't seen before or something strange happens that I need to have researched. They have always been able to resolve the issue, and are very pleasant to deal with both by phone and electronically. The interface is intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's too easy for an employee to miss a punch by logging in/out instead of clocking in/out

Time spent processing payroll and managing time has been cut greatly. We love the time off request feature and attendance calendar as well, that has been a huge timesaver.

"All encompassing HR Platform"

What do you like best?

This software is one easy to use tool for HR from the posting of a job all the way through hiring and onboarding and carrying over to employee management. We have seen marked improvement in customer service over the last few months and feel confident that any issue or question we have is something we will get an answer for.

What do you dislike?

There is no scheduling feature that is embedded that fits the needs of our company at this time.

From a hiring perspective, our job post to hire time has greatly been improved with features that APS Hire has. Payroll is quick to process. we are able to run almost any report we may need for our company with regards to employees or HR related needs or expenses. Having HR and Payroll professionals able to help answer questions quickly is so helpful.

Ryan W.

"Quality Product, Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Their product is easy to use and if you do need help the have great customer service. Unlike companies that use call centers, APS has people that are there for you that you know and know how to contact them when you need them. I feel that they are part of our team because I know their name, their face, and know that they are there for me when I have a difficult problem to resolve.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome to use if you use multiple workstations or devices. APS requires you to register your device and that process can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would fully recommend APS for anyone who is with another "industry leading" company. They are offer all the services that the big boys do, but are still able to maintain great customer service and the personal touch that is lacking. It is very reassuring to know that they are just a phone call away. You know who they care, you don't get dropped in a big call center with a faceless representative, you actually have a picture of your rep and can speak to the over and over again. They get to know your company and your staff and almost become one of your employees. They are great!

Payroll processing, payroll tax processing, HR advising, hiring and on-boarding, electronic pay-stubs.

UB
User in Building Materials

"APS meets all of our company payroll needs. Great customer service and support."

What do you like best?

I've been working with APS for almost two years and being my very first experience with a payroll software I found it very easy to learn. The way this software is built and organized makes it very easy to use it. This is particularly true when you are in need to create a report. In this case you can choose one of the several ready-to-use reports from the "Report Manager" option, or you can build your own customized report that best meets your needs. Additionally, to save time and efforts the report you created can be shared among several users in different departments.

Another thing I liked about APS is the excellent customer service I received in all of the inquires and issues I encountered during my job.

What do you dislike?

What I liked least about this software is the fact that when you enter or modify any type of information there is no "safety net", meaning the system does not ask you to confirm your changes before leaving the tab you are in. By adding this extra step you will be "forced" to double check your entries and this can be very helpful in avoiding mistakes especially on sensitive information like bank account numbers, pay rates, or addresses.

Another feature that could be implemented is to allow users to download raw data or .csv file directly from the "Analytics" tiles. Right now you can only display, look, and print the information but you cannot download the data in on Excel format. From an Human Resources standpoint it would very helpful to be able to download data such as Employee Turnover, New Hires by department, and Employee Count by month.

APS allows my company to complete payroll for our weekly and bi-weekly employees in a very efficient way.

"Great service for our growing company!"

What do you like best?

We love the personalized customer support team. They have been with us ever since implementation and are always available to answer questions, provide troubleshooting help, or with site assistance. The site is pretty user friendly within each company and the payroll processing portion is so simple compared to some other "bigger name" providers. Its nice having the HR functions (such as an ATS and On-Boarding system) all in the same place as our payroll.

What do you dislike?

It seems like the APS Dev team is still working on improving glitches and the entire system's functionality. They are usually able to help us accommodate needs for our company, but some things to improve ease of access/functionality haven't been developed yet. The system seems to work better on certain browsers (such as Google Chrome vs Safari). Also, they are working on improving site speed and accessibility from handheld devices such as tablets. The payroll site is almost unusable from smart phones, so if you need to access information while on the road, you have to wait until you are back at a computer. Tablets also seem to have trouble within certain areas like APS Hire.

We needed a site that could accommodate for multiple entities and handle employee transfers between those entities. We also wanted to have an ATS that would feed directly into our payroll system, which APS could provide for us with APS Hire. We are also able to do Open Enrollment online this year with their eSelfServe portal and are looking forward to continued growth so that we can eventually implement carrier connections.

Kelly G.

"APS has been a dream to work with! "

What do you like best?

I love the seamless transition between onboarding and payroll. It takes away the constant data entry and re-entry of employee information. Everything is extremely simple to understand and if there is ever anything I'm confused about, they have a step by step tutorial or someone on the other end of the phone line ready to explain it to me. I also love how customizable everything is. We told APS exactly what we wanted and what we needed to use the system for, and they were able to adjust their programs to fit our needs perfectly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with the software so far. It has been a great transition from our previous HRIS.

We have combined multiple platforms into one by switching to APS. We used to have several programs to track new hires, payroll, time off requests, etc. With APS it is all in one.

"Constantly Improving!"

What do you like best?

APS is constantly making improvements within all areas. It's great to see the added functions and hear from our employees how easy it is to use this system. Customer service is exceptional! Our account manager responses to questions and issues very quickly and keeps you informed and updated to the status of the ticket.

What do you dislike?

Only thing lacking would be allowing the system to capture potential applicants. Would love to use this system as an all inclusive HRIS system. I think that's a future possibility which would be great! Otherwise, no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great company to work with. Staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help out in any way they can. Constantly making improvements which makes it easy for our employees to use the site.

Payroll prior to APS was completed in-house by manual spreadsheets. There were numerous data entry errors because nothing was integrated and it was all entered by hand. This made employees have little to no faith in the payroll department. automation had to occur to gain employee trust and to provide proof of correct payment for audit reports.

"Excellent resource for non-profits"

What do you like best?

APS has been responsive to issues and quick to resolve and repair. Their customer support team has changed often, yet we don't seem to lack in consistent customer service. From the start, they have understood what we need as a non-profit and been quick to assist us in maximizing the capabilities of their software. They don't have a "one-size-fits-all" mentality and that's been helpful.

What do you dislike?

They have been a little slow to make modifications, and we often have to follow up and wait for resolution.

We have found in APS the understanding of our payroll and HR needs as a non-profit who's employees work primarily in South America. They have assisted us to get speciific functionality that we need or help us understand the opportunities of using new forms/reports.

"Current System User"

What do you like best?

I think Customer service is amazing. I like having a team to reach out to. I know that there is always someone available to answer questions and concerns. The team is very knowledgeable of the system and if they need they will research and not provide an incorrect answer. The system is pretty user friendly and pretty easy to run and create reports.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items that I have to manually calculate since APS does not have the ability to calculate it for me. Group Term Life has to be added in manually. I also have to manually track the HSA and FSA limits for those that contribute under the annual maximum. We experience issues with transferring employees between companies.

I'm not aware of any solutions APD is solving other than we are not forced to complete the full cycle payroll ourselves in house.

Learn more about APS Payroll Solution

APS Payroll Solution Videos

Learning about APS Payroll Solution?

* We monitor all APS Payroll Solution reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.