TripActions

TripActions

(1,195)

TripActions is an end-to-end corporate and business travel management platform.

Work for TripActions?

Learning about TripActions?

TripActions Reviews

Ask TripActions a Question
Showing 1,195 TripActions reviews
Agency
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TripActions
Colin M.

"Good organization, perhaps best for large teams"

What do you like best?

Very useful to stay organized. Booking flights and hotels over multiple days has been very easy, and the itineraries are great to share.

Your CS team has also been very responsive whenever I need help.

What do you dislike?

We were really sold on the discounts you guys get, and the giftcard incentive program. I have found both to be non-existent, and absurd, respectively.

1. I don't see discounts beyond what I could just get online via kayak, priceline or any other aggregator, or an app like hotel tonight

2. I know we can adjust the rules for this, but the incentive for the employees, while a good idea is concept, is silly since we are not getting a discount on hotels. Big cities like SF have rooms for $500-600+ dollars all over, which skews the "price to beat" way high. I can often get an Amazon giftcard for booking a 4 star hotel for $250+ dollars per night.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the support team - they are great.

I wouldn't give out giftcards for choosing cheaper rooms - I haven't found this to be a good tool. You end up paying for the same room you would have anyone plus a giftcard, since high end hotels skew the average cost upwards.

Honestly, the main problem was the organization of travel, which you've done well. If you hadn't sold the discount + incentive piece so hard I wouldn't know what I'm missing.

The organizational benefits have been strong.

What Travel Management solution do you use?

Jackie B.

"Makes scheduling (and rescheduling) work flights SO EASY!"

What do you like best?

The software itself is great and easy to use but my favorite thing by far is the support team. I've had it happen twice where I needed to rebook a flight due to inclement weather and the support team took care of the whole thing for me. They contacted the airline and let me know via chat or email what the options for changing my flight were so that I could go about my work day instead of taking time to wait on hold and deal the frustration of changing a flight last minute. They made it STRESS-FREE.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't encountered anything I don't like about it. I'm using it as an end-user not an admin so everything is pretty straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have employees traveling a lot, I'd recommend at least taking a demo of TripActions to see it. It's likely they can make the process way easier for you. It's done that for our company.

It takes care of 3 problems. 1. It removes the back and forth I can schedule the flight for myself without needing to check flights, then email the flight I want over to our office admin and the checking the confirmation, etc. 2. It also allows me to book for myself without having to pay upfront and wait for a reimbursement. 3. If I have to change my flight I can go right through TripActions without needing to ask someone at my company to do it.

Scott R.

"Quick and easy, once we got the bugs worked out."

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, and quick to book a hotel or air. The support was top notch. I was the first person to book at my company, so we ran into some issues with setup that had not been done on our end. For some reason, no credit card charge would go through with the company card or my personal card. The support chat representatives were very helpful. They pulled in development staff and our service manager to determine the issue. They were good about keeping me updated while they researched the problem. Then they helped our staff complete the setup. Once that was done, everything worked well, and was very easy. I think I booked my first trip in less than 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

I prefer to book my air and hotel at the same time before hitting the spend large amounts of money button. With TripActions, you must first book one, and then add the other to the same itinerary.

I suppose you could book the hotel first, and come back to change it without penalty if the flights don't work out for the same dates. If you book a flight, and the hotel isn't available, that could be inconvenient and result in extra charges and or fees if you had to change flights.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good pricing on hotels and airfare.

Easy way to use the corp card for expenses. Less work for me as an end user on expense reports.

Dan H.

"Great service, a couple of kinks to work out! Would definitely recommend."

What do you like best?

TripActions makes corporate booking for travel easy on the traveler. It's intuitive to add hotels, car, and flights and the selection is broad. Amazon rewards availability is a big motivator to book cheap. Customer service is highly responsive and can make just about anything happen. By way of an example, a colleague of mine mistakenly booked a room in a hotel separate from our group during a work conference in Miami, and did not realize the remained were in a second hotel. He called to cancel his hotel room after having already arrived in Miami, and was able to do so without being charged a cancellation fee.

What do you dislike?

Some of the hotels have been misleading with their advertised room quality, and the rating system TripActions uses differs from your traditional 5-Star format, so I've accidentally booked myself into a shady room.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using TripActions for its intuitive user interface and use of behavioral economics to control costs. Amazon Rewards are a big incentive to book cheaply.

***5/31 update: I remain very happy with TripActions. The rental agencies and other companies with which they work are excellent, reputable, and quick with service. TripActions support staff is quick to respond and moves smartly to rectify any issues that come up. Many companies work hard or do a lot of volume, but TripActions makes sure they understand your situation and precise needs. During a significant layover, TripActions staff were able to get me re-routed to my destination and save an important business meeting.

It's super convenient for booking and controlling costs. As a user and not one privy to the overall economic benefits of TripActions relative to other services, I can't state beyond myself what benefits have been realized. However, my experience as a user, compared with other work travel sites I've used in the past, has been a pleasant, efficient, and intuitive one, which is a tremendous benefit in itself.

Joseph H.

"Stay on course with TripActions"

What do you like best?

Whether I am on my phone, tablet or laptop, making a travel reservation is easy from anywhere. If something goes wrong during the course of my travels, the amazing support staff are only a chat message away at any hour and they are always super helpful and immediately responsive.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit of a hassle that I cannot make rapid flight changes on my own and need someone from TripActions to do it for me, but at least they make that easy enough with the chat app in their interface on all platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at their policy engine and how the cost savings to your business when used offsets some of the per-user costs. Seems like a pretty cool way to save money and incentivize your employees to do the same.

We used to do all our own travel arrangements without an application to collect each trip and its services under one location. When traveling to multiple cities in a week, this can get insane fast. TripActions dramatically simplifies all of this into a single source for managing travel.

Hannah H.

"TripActions is Perfect for Businesses"

What do you like best?

TripActions is incredibly easy to use and intuitive and their Customer Service is fantastic. The team is always quick to respond and very polite even when providing disappointing news. They have helped make my job so much easier. I love how intuitive the interface is - I feel like I've used platforms similar to this before and so there isn't much of a learning curve, which is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that cancellations do not properly show up as being refunded on invoices. It makes no sense for accounting purposes. It's also frustrating that credits from airlines don't always show up when trying to book another flight on the same airline. I've had to contact Customer Service multiple times over this. I do wish there were more flight options as well - I'm often not able to see flights from Frontier and that's an airline we'd use more if we were able to.

It solved the problem of having one person book all travel for our company. Now people can book their own travel. It has also made that all our reservations live in a single place. It's easier for accounting to see total travel costs in one place. It also helps us track who travels the most,. who spends the most on travel, what hotels we stay at the most, and what airlines we fly most often. The data is super helpful in helping us recognize patterns.

Kellen O.

"The best corporate booking tool I've ever used. "

What do you like best?

The TripActions UI is so easy, and it's so quick to get support! I love the easy filtering, and straight forwardness in order to see flight combinations! The views of different hotels are so easy to digest, and the reviews are great as well. The flight booking area make it easy to mix and match airlines, and also optimize for your own loyalty programs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there's issues where hotels will show that they include Amazon rewards, but when you click to book a room, it shows "no rewards rooms available"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Employees love the Amazon bonuses! The UI is so many light years ahead of Concur, it makes it a no brainer for any company with a ton of traveling employees!

I am much more cost conscious when looking to book trips today, to try to maximize my Amazon reward, but I don't feel as if I'm short changing myself! In additions, being able to store all of my loyalty programs in one place make it so fast to optimize my booking choices and get my status up with all of my favorite airlines and hotel programs.

Annabel F.

"An easy, intuitive, and fun trip planning experience!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the overall functionality of TripActions. The website is easy to figure out and it makes it easy to find the best deals and perks. I also really enjoy the ability to talk with real people about concerns, questions, retrieving receipts, etc. I've had colleagues stuck in sticky travel situations and the access to TripActions representatives, even in the middle of the night, gave them real peace of mind that they were taken care of. I've always had wonderfully positive experiences with every TripActions rep I've spoken to. I always want to be friends with them after we've chatted!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that the algorithm prioritizes deal and perks over location. For example, I only ever want to use the rental car company closest to my house that I have a relationship with, but because often times it isn't a best value or doesn't meet the agreed upon "corporate policy" for Amazon perks, it never populates on my list of rental car options. It's tedious to find my rental place & book it after that point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Could integration with Expensify happen in the future? It's a selfish suggestion, but then my expense report process would be incredibly streamlined and so hands-off! I wouldn't need to attach any additional receipts!

I've solved budgeting problems for sure! And I've realized there are a lot more better priced and well-suited places for my travel needs than just my standard go-tos.

Shreerang S.

"TripActions is like an awesome mix of Kayak and Expensify"

What do you like best?

TripActions has a friendly user interface that lets you search and book flights and hotels just like Kayak. Its integration into many popular expense management suites means reimbursements are handled for you automatically - no more filling in forms for the Finance department. What more could a busy business traveller ask for?

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything serious to dislike about it. Maybe the only thing I can say is that they should copy Hipmunk's more visually friendly (and intuitive) way of displaying flight options. As an end user though, I can't comment on pricing, ease of integration with other software or availability of cheaper flights and hotels. I have always found something I felt was reasonable though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least from an end-user perspective, it works well.

The main problem I'm solving with TripActions is simply not having to do expense management manually. Additionally, if your company supports it, TripActions has a feature where if you choose cheaper / off-peak flights, you get rewarded for it with Amazon gift cards. That's a pretty neat idea since it benefits both you and your employer.

Chukwugozie N.

"Travel made easy with TripActions"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the application both on Web and on Mobile. I loved the fact that I could find the itinerary for my trip in one application. My hotel and flight bookings all on one app was the best feature for me.

I loved the travel notifications. It saved me on my last trip back from the States.

What do you dislike?

I wish the notifications of flight delay would arrive on time.

I also wish that the application can sync with the check-in applications of the airline. Or have a manual way to sync the check-in information. It was frustrating trying to get my new seat number to show on the app after I had checked in on the airline's website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We made the switch and we haven't regretted it. The approval process on TripActions is awesome.

Having your itinerary in one place makes travelling easy. it makes for easy planning too.

The customer service is on point. They are always available to help with travel issues.

Just having all my itinerary on one application for one. Being able to use the TripAction mobile application to check-in when boarding a flight without having to download the different applications of the airlines.

Douglas d.

"Efficient and Easy"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive to use, showing all the detailed information about the flights I was looking for and the options available. The notification system is also very efficient, letting you know the status of your request and the deadline for approval. After everything is set, it helps you with notifications about your appointments.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike on the platform. I used only for flight booking though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TripActions simplifies the whole process of booking flights/hotels in a point that you just need to select what you think it's best for you within a predefined budget, taking your time with no rush and later get approved by your superior. You do everything inside the platform and it's amazing for the point of view of the user and the company that is implementing it.

Not needing the superior at your side to approve what you are booking is amazing. You just take your time to find the best option available within the budget and later request the director approval.

Christian B.

"'One stop shop' for all my travel needs"

What do you like best?

TripActions provides a single platform view that allows me to efficiently book and manage my travel arrangements. Both the webapp and mobile user experience are intuitive and seamless. On top of all this, the integration with other business applications like Concur (for expense reports) just adds another level of proficiency.

What do you dislike?

The name? I genuinely can't think of anything substantial that I dislike about TripActions. Maybe there could be some AI integrated to provide a more customized experience as it pertains to booking patterns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend integrating this with other business applications that would assist in any workflows

My use-case is relatively basic as I primarily leverage TripActions for business-related functions like customer onsites, company events, or offsite training. The fact that I can easily and quickly arrange my flight and lodging adds value by virtue of its time saving. The same can be said on the post travel management that allows me to import expense reports easily via the Concur integration.

Christopher W.

"TripActions has always helped find my best flights and hotels."

What do you like best?

I love that the reps are quick to respond and help find applicable accommodations and flights when I need them most or when I'm looking for a quick change in bookings. They are always extremely reliable and respond in a very timely manner, always taking my concerns into account.

There was one time that I had a flight out of Grand Rapids, MI leaving the next morning at 5:30am, so I went to sleep around 9:00pm the night before. We had a terrible snowstorm in Lincoln, NE, so all flights into Chicago and Omaha were cancelled. I didn't get a notification about this until I checked my phone at 2:00am when I work up, so I got online with TripActions and they were able to get me on my next available flight two days later.

They even worked with me to rebook my hotel room for the next two days while I was waiting for my flight and the hotel worked with their software easily and without any hiccups. Seriously this tool is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about TripActions. I've had positive experiences every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend TripActions to anyone thinking about implementing it into their business. It makes it so simple to book and change bookings for flights and hotels.

I can easily find hotel and flights with them and they make it incredibly easy to set a solid travel schedule that I can rely on.

Mara D.

"I love TripActions. I consistently travel for work and TripActions alleviates the stress of travel!"

What do you like best?

The customer help team is most helpful. I once missed an international flight and the TripAcitons team set me up on the next available flight and found me accommodation for the night. I don't know what I would've done without the fast support in this instance. The customer support associate called me to confirm that he was aligned with my preferences for how to proceed after I missed the flight before booking the accommodation for me. I remember thinking "what would I have done in this situation without TripActions."

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the flights are more expensive on TripActions than buying directly from the airline. I then have to spend more money to get the most convenient flight which is not great for myself or the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system is incredibly easy to use and incentivizes employees to chose travel options that are convenient for them yet cost-efficient for the company.

It takes the friction out of booking travel for work, which can be a stress-inducing experience otherwise. I simply search the date and destination of my trip and I am able to select the best option based on a variety of criteria. I'd been traveling for work for 6 months prior to using TripActions without a travel management system and Trip Actions made the process astronomically better.

Jason W.

"Seamless Business and Personal Travel "

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to worry about browsing all the "discount" travel sites or even the hotel sites themselves. I always find the lowest rates and best availability right on TripActions.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I ever had with TripActions was I had stored a personal card on file for personal travel. On my next business trip, my personal card was run by mistake. With a simple phone call, TripActions refunded my personal card and recharged my company card. It could have been a horrible experience, but TripActions was there to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a company that travels, no matter if you are one employee or 5,000...you need TripActions

TripActions allows me to stay at places that I know my coworkers have enjoyed staying at. I don't have to worry about commute issues or service issues when I get to the hotel. This has allowed our company to streamline our travel and eliminated the need to reimburse employees for their hotel and air expenses.

Nichole V.

"TripActions is a lifesaver for both work and personal travel! "

What do you like best?

TripActions has an easy-to-use interface and extremely helpful and timely support staff! It also offers competitive prices to other websites that I used before I had access to TripActions.

What do you dislike?

So far, I actually haven't encountered anything that I dislike about the software. Each time I have a complication, it is resolved in minutes by 24/hour support staff/the chat option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TripActions has everything that you need, and thensome. The system is easy to use and intuitive, it lets you book all aspects of your trip (flights, hotel, transportation) and also offers tips for when you actually arrive at your destination, such as where in your destination airport to catch an Uber from! I also love that when it detects that I have arrived at the airport, it posts updated fight times and gate numbers on my phone's home screen, in case I don't have time to check details on the screen at the airport.

Using TripActions at SurveyMonkey easily allows me to understand what I am able to spend on travel and what our travel policy accounts for. It also helps me see the travel schedules of my colleagues, so that we can plan business trips together without having to book a meeting room to collaborate. This benefits the whole team by saving time and diminishing the hassle surrounding everyday travel.

Nicole B.

"Overall a great platform - just a few lingering kinks. "

What do you like best?

I LOVE how user-friendly this website is. It seems like they've thought of everything. Customer service is amazing and everything is streamlined.

What do you dislike?

One thing that's a major pain is the fact that they don't have a platform for booking trains in the US yet. So you need to chat an employee and stay on the chat or else they leave the chat, I understand but it's also hard being an Assistant with a million things on a to-do list and just sitting watching this chat for 20 minutes. Once this get updated (which I have been told they are planning to do this eventually) my life will be much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would implore people to give it a trial run at the very least.

Changing flights is so easy on this platform. My boss makes lots of flight changes and this has made my life easier.

Jenison Antonio D.

"Perfect for Work Travel and Just as fun for personal "

What do you like best?

So easy to use. I can book plane tickets based on different criteria, Hotels and Car rental all in one go!

another fantastic perk is that Tripactions remembers your rewards numbers, I don't know if that a problem for most people, but for me, is definitely an issue to recall all that stuff. Huge time saver.

They have a great support team that has helped me numerous times, to find a new flight, or edit my reservations.

When it comes to personal travel, I can't find a better tool. with just a quick toggle button i can have the same ease of use to take a nice vacation!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that for the most part only redeye flights and crappy location hotels are the ones that get you amazon rewards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From a user, perspective is super easy! it can help you keep all the travel in one place and submitted in one format.

Solving the way we Book and Expense work-related trips.

Brad H.

"TripActions Is Great!"

What do you like best?

The ease of comparing and updating my search to find the optimal travel package, and a great place to find hotels/cars/flights in the same place. Being able to trust this company to search through any and all airlines and flights. But what really puts them over the top is their customer service. It's extremely easy to get answers or help when I need it—they have a great staff that is well trained and easily accessible to provide assitance whenever I've made a mistake or just need some peace of mind about my upcoming trip. When it's all booked and ready for the trip, I get great communication about when and where I need to be. I really enjoy using TripActions, and I'll use it for work and personal trips because of how simple and effective it is at finding the best price, and the right package.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the filters haven't worked for me - like trying to find a flight within a certain time range (ex: 6am-12pm is a time range, but I'll receive flights outside of that time frame).

Planning trips for work that I expensify. Having this platform easily document and record my planning so that I can get reimbursed has been so simple!

Richard C.

"By far the best way to book any travel"

What do you like best?

I've been used to spending literally hours on booking a single trip, especially when it comes to multi-hop trips, with Car and hotel requirements. With TripActions all the heavy lifting is done for me, with the options laid out easily, to give me the best possible choices. I love the function to choose trip times for departure and arrival, it means I can laser focus my search requirements, without having to trawl through scores of direct websites or comparison sites to make a decision. Booking business travel has always been something to avoid, with TripActions it's a breeze!

What do you dislike?

On some occasions, the results might not be entirely accurate, or at least not available to TripActions broker. I've found some flights direct on the airlines website that weren't listed on TripActions, which proved to be a better option. Other than that, the rest has been fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a doubt the best and most effective way to book all your travel needs - Spending time in any other platform, is simply a waste of time!

As a director of a team of road-warriors, who are constantly on planes, trains and automobile routes, TripActions has given the team back hours each week in travel booking needs. I also get to control costs far better than before, knowing that in-policy bookings represent the best value to manage by T&E budget across the team. The added benefit of enticing staff to book lower rates in return for incentives, is fantastic.

Enda H.

"Convenient, easy to use, great support"

What do you like best?

End-to-end trip booking is seamless - flights and hotels easily booked in one workflow. Multi-city trips are also handled quite well. Chat support team are always super helpful.

Mobile app has push notifications for flight delays, gate changes, etc. These updates are usually quicker than the airport screens, which makes for more comfortable experience.

Also, the look and feel of the app is great.

What do you dislike?

TripActions seem to have access to a limited quota of airline seats, hotel rooms, etc. I've seen hotels appear sold out on TripActions, but whose websites are still showing rooms available. Similarly with airline seats - TripActions sometimes doesn't show the flight, or if it does, the prices are inflated vs. other providers. Contacting support can often resolve this though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TripActions is hard to beat for convenience, but if prices sometimes seem high, it's worth checking online for a better deal

Booking business trips (flights and hotel) for myself. I find the 'Personal Trip' option very useful for including a personal stopover as part of a business trip.

Travis G.

"Get rewarded for the business trips you have to take"

What do you like best?

Multiple options of airlines and hotels .

Amazon rewards are fair and a great incentive to use the service. Good service too through the online chat and phone lines.

What do you dislike?

I feel that due to all the hotel options that the cheap chain hotels can drag down the overall price that you qualify for amazon rewards. Suggest you tier or layer it by star rating to make it more relevant.

The map feature could be a little more intuitive

Add more customized filters to view results.

Automated notifications when hotel rooms open up that will give you more Amazon rewards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy to use, well supported platform. The app is very useful and the variety of airlines, and hotels you have to choose from should satisfy all travellers.

Keep track of where my team are, what times they are flying in etc.

1 stop place for all our travel needs

Matt E.

"Very Happy "

What do you like best?

I just came on board with my new company about 2 months ago and found out they use TripActions. At first I was nervous thinking it wouldn't be as good as or robust as a previous platform we used at my old company. I was blown away to find out how much more I like this than any other platform I've used in the past. It's intuitive, easy, and delivers a great experience.

What do you dislike?

Again I'm new to the platform, so nothing yet I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with this. You will love it.

Booking flights where it ties in my loyalty program and makes it easy to sync up every step of the way from booking to landing. Also, there was an instance last week where my flight home was cancelled due to bad weather in Chicago. TripActions notified me immediately through a notification on my phone as well as an email that my flight was cancelled. When I logged into the app, a team of friendly support was only a quick chat away from helping me find another flight through Dallas that got me home same day without any headache.

Bridget A.

"Great Experience "

What do you like best?

I am currently on a trip for work. I scheduled a flight with Southwest and I did not receive a cancellation notice until I was already at the airport. Once I got the cancellation notice I reached out to Southwest and they have OVER a 2-hour wait. I called TripActions customer service team while on hold with southwest and they were quickly able to rebook my flight to accommodate me still flying out that night and assisting me with rebooking my returning flight.

What do you dislike?

The rep I spoke to seemed a little annoyed about the noise in the background, but I was at an airport with my flight having been just cancelled and there wasn't much else I could do. I think it would also be great to not have to completely cancel a round trip reservation to rebook if my initial flight was cancelled due to the airline. It costed my company over a $500 difference

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check rental car reservation agreements. Typically users who do not have company cards will have to pay for rentals and then wait to be reimbursed. I booked and prepaid prior to picking up my rental and when I arrived the rental company told me that I had to place a $450 hold on my debit card which I did not have the funds to be able to do. Now I am waiting for my refund of over $200 and that money is just sitting and I had to wait to rebook.

My company is using TripActions as a central location for employees to easily book.

Ronald C.

"I've never got to use a tool like this for work "

What do you like best?

It's very user-friendly and my favorite thing is the incentive for Amazon gift cards. It's simple to add flights and hotels to the same trip which makes this super simple and fun to use. I also love the "chat with us" feature. More often than not, I never want to call into an airline support number if I don't have to so being able to chat makes this tool much more appealing for me.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to drill down into specific areas that you want to stay in. It can be hard to drill into certain hotels in certain areas. Sometimes there are so many options for hotels and it can be hard to click on certain ones within the map area. I will say, I wish it was more clear about adding new parts to a trip ie different flights or hotels. The first time I used this and I needed to book a hotel in addition to my flight, I was unsure if I had to book the flight completely and then go back and retroactively add a hotel or if I could just complete it all in one step. Maybe this is already a thing and I didn't notice, but that would be helpful if it was more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's great that you can use this site for both personal and work trips. I'm not sure how many people use these types of sites for work, but I would think it's a great idea.

It makes it easy to book my travel for work trips. It's great to be able to book it on my own and to have all airlines in one compiled area. We are also trying to cut down on our travel costs so it's great to have a "price to beat" notification which gives me a good idea of what to aim for.

Jose Luis R.

"TripActions, an excellent tool for business travel and accommodation"

What do you like best?

This tool is extremely friendly, but not only that, you may have everything under the same umbrella: clubs, preferences, mile programs, etc. You may chat or talk with an actual human being via customer support at any time!!! Amazon gift cards are really nice.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the airline web pages has more options for a specific airline. This issue is more frequent on Hotels than in air fares. In any case, you may also ask them to use an option found by you and not available at their page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it would be good to have a monthly summary of use

every travel!! airfare, hotel, advise about Visa, all my point are added automatically, so no worries about these. Travel time, frequencies and many other useful information are provided by the system. If you are trapped during travels, they can help you finding the most expedite way to continue, and this is available 7 x 24

Christopher M.

"Amazing service that makes traveling for business so easy"

What do you like best?

I love that no matter whats going on within my trip tripactions is always on top of it and handling it even before I know. Such as flight delays, hotel issues, or even when my hotel didn't have coke products only pepsi lol. During one of my trips my flight was delayed and I was informed by trip actions before the airline even did. Not to mention I had several questions about the hotel before I arrived and was unable to get in contact with the hotel. Tripactions did everything for me and was able to answer my questions it was great!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Tripactions has always handled my concerns and issue with care, to my satisfaction, and very quickly. If you dont like someone handling all travel related issues for you then informing you of any delays before the airline does then I wouldn't recommend tripactions lol

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep sending friendly vibes with your support.

I have saved so much time with tripactions as they look at all the process and compare everything for me via the website. They also handle any questions about my hotel or rental car without me dealing with those companies directly which allows time for me to do other things related to my trip.

Dan G.

"Satisfactions with TripActions"

What do you like best?

TripActions is a win-win for me and my company. I get rewarded for keeping my travel costs low while my company saves money. The Amazon rewards are great, but there are also benefits that you would not expect out of a travel company - the support team is UNBELIEVABLY HELPFUL. Traveling can really stress someone out, but knowing that there is always a calm and collected TripActions employee ready to help me out on their support line is probably the best perk about using TripActions.

What do you dislike?

I do not always see the same flight options listed on TripActions that I find in a quick Google search. I can think of two instances where Google Flights displayed a flight option that I was not able to find on TripActions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't spend another dollar on booking travel unless it is done through TripActions.

TripActions helps me keep everything I need for booking work travel in one place. From the time I book my flights, hotels and rental cars to when I show up in the lobby of the hotel, the Tripactions app has everything I need to get me from A to B. I can't say enough about how convenient it is to have everything I need in one place.

David S.

"Pretty Easy"

What do you like best?

It's all nicely presented and takes away the hassle of having to create your own itinerary for a trip. You can book hotel, flight, and car travel all in like 5 minutes and earn rewards while you are at it. The support is usually pretty awesome as well, I've had to call and switch flights 10 minutes before boarding and TA took care of everything for me. Saving money is also a huuuuuge bonus, being able to sort flights by a number of different filters insures that you get the arrival time you want and the flight that you want. You can even sort everything by price if you are just looking for the cheapest option and dont care about taking a red eye.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes rooms go too fast, so you'll be checking out a hotel to decide if its nice and will fit your needs and then the room gets snatched by someone else. Maybe I just need to be faster at booking, haha, but it would be nice if they could "hold" a room for you while you checked it out and determined whether or not that was the right spot for you. Like only 3 minutes is all you would need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, it's pretty easy to use so you won't regret it.

It tracks things so easily, makes expense reports easy. Not only that but you save money using it.

Siga A.

"Easy to maneuver, but difficult to understand from an admin perspective"

What do you like best?

The easy navigation in finding the travel that's right for you. The categories in how options are presented are wonderful.The UI is very nice before you get to payment options.

What do you dislike?

The confusion between who pays for the amazon dollars when an employee is "saving the company money."The pay now and pay later options are also very annoying when employees aren't aware of which to choose. It usually leads to third party credit card authorizations if they select the pay later option which is the sole reason our company started using Tripactions to move away from the extra admin duties of travel planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it easier to pull billing records because on the accounting side, this is a little bit of a nightmare to do any sort of credit card matching. Make the "pay now" and "pay later" and admin option to take off the "pay later."

When everything goes the way it should, there is the ease of not having an admin, travel planner or another person involved in an employee's travel. This saves time of our administrative staff and our other employees who are booking travel. The ease of having company credit cards attached to the system is also ideal, so we are not constantly doing third party credit card authorizations.

Brooke J.

"Fun, almost game-like way to book travel! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to link all aspects of traveling in one place, in one sitting. I can book my flight, hotel, and car all at once, and it is all connected when I go to expense the trip!

I also really like how I can see when my coworkers have booked flights and hotels, just to make sure we are all on the same flight and in the same hotel.

The gift card incentives for booking isn't a bad perk either!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can remember not caring too much for was when I was booking a multi-city flight, it got a little confusing when I could book a flight on an airline if I did one leg at a time, but could not see the flight in the multi-city option. Not a deal breaker, just added some extra steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is super easy to use, and you get incentivized with Amazon gift cards! I let mine pile up for a year, and now have a pretty decent amount of money to spend on Amazon that I would have otherwise spent out of my own pocket. I haven't seen this anywhere else and love it!

We do a lot of group travel, so it helps enable everyone to book their own travel, with less email coordination needed. You can see in the app who from your company has already booked the same flight and hotel. It is super helpful!

André H.

"very helpful at any time"

What do you like best?

- working with the app or with the browser (both works perfect)

- the customer support is awesome. You can reach them every day at any time and they are so friendly

- user-friendly

- the workflow is so easy. You don´t need a long introduction to use TripActions

- well organized

- I love to receive rewards for taking cheap flights. (it saves my company a lot of money and I am getting an amazon gift card.

What do you dislike?

- sometimes it is difficult to find a flight

- not the same price like skyscanner

- you have to take care of the departures, because sometimes it changes, but Tripactions received this information to late and cannot send you a Push-Notification early enough.

- perhaps Tripactions should think about offering different languages for support or the homepage

(probably most employees can speak english, but there is nobody I guess who can speak french, german or spanish --> Correct me if I am wrong

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have any issues to find a special flight contact the support, they will help you.

Sometimes the flight you are looking isn´t on Tripactions yet.

- I need only one app for booking flights, hotels or anything else.

- I don´t need any other app for my tickets

- I can use it on the phone or on my MacBook

Erik T.

"Useful for business trips"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of comparing flights and hotels with Tripactions. It's easy for me to find a good deal, and the incentives ensure that I'll take that deal even if it's on the company's tab. I also like the variety of airlines available, and the fact that I can add in a rewards card for an airline that I use frequently.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel the customer service reps could do a little more to get me a deal. I think they are very helpful, but I've been told that it would cost over $800 to change a flight through Tripactions, and then spoken to the airline and they've told me it would really only cost $75. I also sometimes get confused about whether a listed accommodation is a hotel, or an apartment. This usually is not a problem, but if I need to check in early to a hotel it can present an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for the initial booking of flights and hotels, but just make sure you get it right the first time, as the staff at TA may not be able to get you another good deal after that initial booking

I travel a fair amount for work. Using tripactions saves me the grief of having to source my own flight and hotel details, and since my company can upload a credit card I don't have to worry about expensing the biggest items on my trips, and again, the amazon gift rewards bonuses are pretty nifty.

Kari K.

"Best Rates All In One Place"

What do you like best?

I love that all vendors are listed in the TripActions site, ie. SouthWest, JetBlue who sometimes don't show up on other search platforms. The user interface is great and who doesn't love earning amazon or travel rewards. It's a great motivator to save the company money and benefit the employee at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like so far is that you can't use rewards toward travel unless you have enough to cover the entire trip. It would be great if, for example, for a $200 hotel you could apply your $100 reward to drop the price for personal travel.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it saves the company money and motivates and makes your employees happy to earn rewards, why wouldn't you give TripActions a try?

The platform is providing added transparency into who is traveling when and helping us manage budgets for efficiently. The rewards are definitely something the employees love.

Ekaterina D.

"One-stop for airline and hotel reservations"

What do you like best?

There are two major benefits of using TripActions for me:

One: being able to save hotel and airline reward programs in the system that automatically are added to the airline your purchase your ticket from. It's such a time save to not have to search for your airline login out of the many you have, search for your airline reward number, etc.

Two: having one place where you can search for multiple airline fares without so many adds.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer more filtering options when searching for hotels. This would especially be helpful in major metropolitan areas. With so many hotel options filtering them down can't hurt. Also, to make the mobile app a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Biggest selling point for me, being able to save reward points to your account. Time save!

TripActions is great for planning business trips. With one place to reserve air fare and hotel, you also get notifications from one place. Also, receiving Amazon gift card rewards is a plus.

Morgan S.

"Wonderful product with an even better Support team!"

What do you like best?

TripActions has changed the travel-booking game. The process of booking a flight has never been easier than it is using their product, but I know if I make a mistake, their support team is there to help! They always have quick response times and do a ton of behind-the-scenes work to make sure I have more time to do my job! I book travel for our new employees, and TripActions is a great first impression for them!

What do you dislike?

If you're searching for a specific flight, it is sometimes hard to find that exact number. This can be difficult if a new hire has found a specific flight, but I can't see it in TripActions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to save your company money and your employees time, you should definitely consider adding TripActions as your travel-booking software! You won't regret it!

The time saved because of the efficient booking process and not having to worry about whether an employee will have flight troubles or trying to rebook them. It is a huge time-saver for me and a lot of other employees at our company!

Laura S.

"Love TripActions"

What do you like best?

I love that the interface for tripactions is very clean, modern and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish you were able to add extras like 'Early Bird Check In' to Southwest flights without having to go directly to the Southwest site to add this on after completing a booking within TripActions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The TripActions team has been incredible since Day 1. They were very helpful, patient and thorough with answering my questions when we were vetting platform options at the very start of looking for a new solution. As the relationship progressed and we decided to move forward with TripActions, the implementation, set up and launch process was so smooth thanks to their partnership. We've been using TripActions for 6 months and I am still impressed with the level of support our Customer Success Manager Nicole provides. Whether it's a simple or complex question or issue she is responsive and thorough. Our team loves the platform and has raved about the improvement when compared to our previous tool, Egencia.

Simpler booking process for our team which frees up time for our admin/support team members.

Chris D.

"Above average customer service - So Simple "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the TripActions platform. It is very user friendly and intuitive. The hotel options are good and vary in price to accommodate a vast majority of people. The customer support (when needed) is very friendly, knowledgable and if they don't know the answer will make sure they find out or get you with someone who does know.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the information is sometimes wrong. For instance, giving the option of a single queen when the hotel does not offer such an option. I do not like that it os a pay all at once upfront (although that may be at the request of my company) as it makes extending the stay a little more tedious than needs be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the chat feature or call in the event that you need something. Customer service is readily available and willing to help in any way they can! I know from experience. For example, I wasn't sure about the legitimacy of this survey so I called customer service. The person who answered didn't know either but reached out to several supervisors to get an answer all the while staying in contact while we waited. very personable and no long annoying hold time or elevator music.

Travel and lodging all in one place. Keeping the corporate card in one place for all to use. Therefore it is still attainable by all but in a secure location.

Greg W.

"Easy to use, fantastic customer service"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Trip Actions is how easy it is to access customer service. Lots of companies pride themselves on customer service and support, but TripActions puts their CS associates right at your fingertips. Getting ahold of someone has never been easier, whether I'm using the app or the website. In some cases, they even take care of things for me before I can even ask. How great is that?

What do you dislike?

We've been struggling with booking Delta flights online. This is a big issue for me as they are my preferred flier, but they have pricing issues on the TripAction's website. We've been told this is being fixed, and I'm aware that we can reach out to the CS reps to have the appropriate Delta pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're adding this as another layer of travel software (for now) over a product called Concur. It has been a fantastic addition for booking and managing itineraries.

We're solving the age old "what's the best way to travel for business" question. TA makes business travel a breeze, from booking your trip to managing your trip, and is even speeding up the expense process - something we all hate.

Bridget A.

"Helpful but still needs some work"

What do you like best?

The best part about trip actions is the ability to earn rewards for things like personal travel or Amazon gift cards. Personally, I always need something from Amazon, so being able to gain rewards when my company is paying for the travel is great! The chat customer service is also a wonderful all around experience. The agents that I have worked with really went above and beyond to make sure I had what I needed and assisted me in rebooking when I needed to cancel at the last minute.

What do you dislike?

The biggest concern I have with the site is that is has not been updating very fast lately. When trying to book my most recent trip, I went through the confirmation part over 15 times when trying to book my hotel. Everytime I would try and book I kept getting an error message that said "We're sorry but this room is no longer available" I also think you should work on your pricing for rental cars. There are definitely much better deals out there and when traveling with your company, typically people have to pay for cars upfront if they do not have a company card and have to wait to be reimbursed. It would be nice to help reduce the initial out of pocket expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! It makes the process simple and you get rewards for using it! Make sure to add in all of your rewards cards when making your trips. Personally, I use southwest and it is great to be able to get the rewards points when having the company paying for your trip.

My company is using trip actions to consolidate on a platform for associates to use when booking travel for business.

Nick T.

"Incredible customer support"

What do you like best?

TripActions is amazing -- I've used tons of Enterprise booking different platforms across multiple companies, all of which have have made life harder (not easier) for me. Anyone who travels extensively knows spending a ton of time navigating a clunky booking platform can be incredibly frustrating. Also love the integration with Expensify -- makes expense reporting a lot easier and again, saves a ton of time. They have a great app, make it super easy to find flights/rooms with the rewards programs that you want, and finally, they have some of the best customer support of any company I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

Booking flights with Delta is still a bit of a process. This used to not be the case, and I imagine it will be fine again in the future, but it's annoying for the time being. In general, there is not a lot that I don't like about using TripActions. Everything has been very consistently good.

The business problem that's being solved is obviously that it saves companies money by incentivizing lower cost travel, but as an end user, it also just saves me a ton of time and productivity loss.

Caitlin M.

"Fantastic Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love the chat function on TripActions website. Whenever I need to change my flight or something comes up, they are available immediately and go above and beyond to make the changes I need. The notifications are also great. Super helpful when you need to be reminded to check into your flight. Price matching other websites is a plus. I also really like that you can connect external rewards programs to TripActions. One last note - my coworker asked if TripActions would send bacon to his hotel room, and they did!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the cheap southwest flights that are nonrefundable. I can go on Southwest's website and snag those for the same price + refundable. I also do not like that I had to pay a fee if I'm changing my Southwest flight - I believe you can change on Southwest for free in most situations. If I'm wrong here - please correct me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer service is AMAZING! They are so helpful and are always quick to respond. It's also really nice knowing that if you see pricing lower on another website - they will price match. Also rewarding your employees with Amazon gift cards for using a super user friendly product like this is a win, win for everyone.

Keeping everyone on the same platform can help us better understand where people are going, when they books flights and the associated costs. The Amazon rewards are pretty awesome and the customer service is always on point.

Matt S.

"A great and easy to manage online travel agency!"

What do you like best?

The best function of TripActions is the fact that it shows you every tidbit of information that you need to book a trip that will fit all of your needs and requirements.

What do you dislike?

I dont really have any issues with TripActions at this time. I have used the tool a handful of times and have yet to really find anything I didnt like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have only used TripActions a handful of times, so I am not really an experienced user. Everything that I do with the tool has been very simple and easy to use. Even when I needed to cancel and rebook my last trip, I hopped on to chat with support and they were able to assist me in a very timely manner. I would 10/10 recommend TripActions to any company that is looking to streamline travel.

TripActions is allowing businesses to streamline travel and make everything manageable from a business perspective. It is easy to track, check in for flights and book all travel expenses in the same platform.

Steven E.

"Best Booking App"

What do you like best?

I love how streamlined the booking experience is. TripActions has made my work travel incredibly easy to navigate, book, and access itineraries. It's been so easy to search hotels and flights that fit my schedule. Every time I need to travel for work, I enjoy using the app and exploring my options. I love that my selections are auto approved - no more having to sit around and wait for manager approval before being able to actually book a flight or hotel selection for my various business travel. I also really enjoy that with the click of a checkbox, I can also easily search and book personal travel as well from within the same application. And who doesn't like free Amazon giftcards?! I need to travel fairly regualarly for work, and getting free Amazon money is an awesome benefit!

What do you dislike?

I've not yet had a negative experience. It's been incredibly easy to find what I need and book travel. Compared to the competition, I have not once encountered an issue with the app - whether that be navigational or the options that are given for booking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best business booking app I've used so far. Exceeds functionality and ease of use of the competition that I've experienced previously.

TripActions makes it incredibly easy to find options within my company's travel guidelines and provide ample choices to select. The ability to confirm a booking selection without prior manager or finance approval make booking a breeze. The reminders also help me to stay on track to check into my flights on time.

Kristen L.

"Extremely easy platform to book work travel!"

What do you like best?

I love how quickly I am able to search and book my work travel. On average, it will take me probably ~2 minutes to make my reservations. I also love that I can earn Amazon dollars while doing so too! Great incentive to book the more inexpensive options. The representatives at TripActions are also extremely easy to work with and always available via chat!

What do you dislike?

It may take some time to resolve an issue (i.e. change or cancelation) because the TripActions representative needs to coordinate with the airline, so in this case, TripActions is an additional step. However, this is rare!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a user, I 100% approve of TripActions bc of it's ease of use, mobility, and rewards. It is a great platform for employees who travel often and want to do it quickly and easily.

TripActions has allowed me to simply and easily book my travel through their website or even better, on a mobile app. This process used to take me upwards of 30 minutes through our old platform, but now it usually takes me 2 minutes! So TripActions has saved me a ton of time.

Julia M.

"Easier with TripActions"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use, and makes booking travel a complete non issue. The team is so helpful on the off chance that assistance is needed and the upside of having a reward system makes booking exciting. The fact that the system automatically generates my itinerary to my manager is helpful and creates complete transparency which is great. The platform also creates calendar events with my travel which I like as well so I can easily pull up flight details and other information. I also appreciate the ability to use the site for non work travel. It's easy to hit personal and search for my own vacations and travel needs. An additional perk is the ability to add an airlines rewards number onto your TripAction account.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app was more functional other than that there isn't anything in particular that I dislike about the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try this service. It will alleviate the burden of booking trips for all and is so easy to use.

TripActions has solved a time issue: we no longer have to search multiple sites to find the best deals and waste time and money on flights that may or may not work for us.

It's easy now for me to book flights for not only myself but coworkers also if needed. The site makes that easy to add and book which is a great feature.

TripActions has also helped enforce our travel policy. Since managers can see what and when their employees are traveling there isn't an issue on getting approval or not being aware. We're also able to set financial constraints on booking travel which is very helpful in maintaining our internal budget.

Danny A.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

They are committed to improving their service and often fast to implement change to improve things.

What do you dislike?

They have been a little slow in properly displaying all the airfare options for European airlines. I have had multiple occasions where Trip Actions did not clearly display I was purchasing a fare that did not include a checked bag. This happened for both EuroWings and British Airways. I wish they would list the fares and fare names in TripActipons exactly as they show when using the BA or Euro Wings website. However, TripActions does not do that. For that reason i will not use TripActions to book non-US airlines.

The other thing they could improve is allowing you to book a split class ticket. For example, you cannot book Business or Premium Economy got one leg and then book Economy for the other leg. All airline websites let you book a split class ticket; however, TripActions forces you to book the same class for all segments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As far as centralized travel systems go, they are the best one I have used so far. As a frequent traveler (100K+ miles + 100+ nights per year for last 17 years), I am very picky. A few small improvements and their platform could easily be the best.

It centralizes our travel and encourages employees to be cost conscious.

Vitor C.

"Simple experience, great overall"

What do you like best?

The simple interface and the wide range of options, with centralised payment, is a simple way to book, and it works really well.

Managing the trip was really simple and intuitive. I really loved the interface. The location a coworker selected was full, but the map made it easy to book a hotel that was really close.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be suggestions on where people from my company have stayed, maybe an option to coordinate in the same trip.

The price targets are pretty random, which is a little frustrating. Wish local and international flights had dynamic targets, because a 500 usd target for an international flight is really unrealistic. For a national flight, it's not hard at all.

The only bad part was that it wasn't obvious that there were 2 options for the same hotel, with local payment (which I would have to pay myself, and central payment, with the company paying with the credit card).

Since it was my first trip to Santiago, I don't really have an idea of regions, so suggestions would be cool. It would also be cool to have an understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More collaborative trip options, so users from the same organisation may book the same flight, the same hotel in a simpler way.

Booking the flight, booking the hotel. The benefit has only been experiential. I still have doubts on how the Amazon gift card part would work.

Stephen P.

"very convenient for booking"

What do you like best?

booking everything in same place rather than all over the place. It makes it much much easier to book the trips and have all of the information stored in one portal rather than having to track down emails and whatnot. I'd definitely say that most of the people I've talked to at my company also enjoy it.

What do you dislike?

i don't like that i can't book roundtrip flights with the departure and the return flight on different airlines. also, the personal tripactions account should look significantly different. I don't like personal trips mixing in there with the work trips. please integrate with expensify so that I can do everything from one place. I'd like to not only book larger travel like planes and trains and rental cars, but I'd also like the ability to get my ubers and lyfts (with the normal tripactions incentives) and also expense things too so that I can go to one place for everything that I need from a traveling perspective. Please do that. I also like that you're getting user feedback but holy moly you have a very high wordcount requirement to get to the minimum for the giftcard reward. I'd like to suggest you provide a lesser wordcount next time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend. Definitely makes booking work trips easier.

making booking travel easier. I've personally chosen hotels based on where I'll get amazon giftcard monet as well. I'll probably continue doing that as well.

Learn more about TripActions

TripActions Videos

Learning about TripActions?

* We monitor all TripActions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.