The interface is very pretty, and the chat performs well. I love the mobile app that allows you to take chats on the road. The reports are not customizeable, but export pretty well to PDFs for easy reporting to management or representatives.
The onboarding, service, and support that I received from LivePerson left a lot to be desired.. The platform is pretty buggy, and many of the issues that we identified and communicated months ago have still not been fixed.
As for the platform itself, it serves the purpose it was meant to, but many of the reporting features do not work. The chat export function is useless - it only exports to a rigid XML file, which adds some hurdles when trying to share chat insights with other stakeholders. The platform has an A/B testing feature, but does limits your testing audience to 95% of visits, leaving 5% of visitors unengaged.
Do not buy into the hype that they create during the sales process. Manage your expectations and don't buy into the promises they make verbally. Request a trial of the platform first.
We use live chat as an alternate form of contact for potential customers who want an immediate response, but don't want to call. We generate an additional 100+ leads/mo from live chat as a whole.