Applied Epic

Applied Epic

Applied Epic enables agencies to manage their property and casualty and benefits business in a single application.

Work for Applied Epic?

Learning about Applied Epic?

Applied Epic Reviews

Ask Applied Epic a Question
Showing 132 Applied Epic reviews
Taylor R. T.

"Applied Epic: Insurance system in the cloud."

What do you like best?

The sales panel has the necessary information to perform all kinds of analysis on the clients' information, which allows them to keep track of each of them, and always check the status of their insurance, creating a database with all the necessary information, to make all kinds of renewals, and new affiliations, another exemplary feature of this application, is the communication that can be done directly with customers, via message or phone, from the same, which allows to speed up all types of procedures, which are being carried out, with a person, or company.

What do you dislike?

the interface of the application is very poor, it seems a system that is based on windows 98, I do not like it at all, it must be updated, since this makes the work very boring, the generation of reports, it is somewhat complicated, with many details , what is left over in them, and really in the end it is not understood what they are for, this system is somewhat robust, and sometimes it can be a stressful thing to work in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A recommended system to automate many accounting tasks in the cloud, the monitoring of clients, is one of the features that I like most about this tool, it helps to solve all kinds of renovations, in minutes.

Thanks to this application we can automate the whole process of insurance renewals and affiliations to all types of clients, in addition we keep them informed with all the news, with periodic reports that we generate, in an automatic way, which helps us to maintain an active process and constant, which allows us to manage a better and more quickly way, to all our customers.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Applied Epic
Kate S. D.

"So much functionality and customization, but lacks simple fixes for easy problems."

What do you like best?

Easily customized for individual needs. You can chose your settings and search options for every tab and screen function.

What do you dislike?

The platform and its option are so numerous, that sometimes the simplest fixes are missing..... They try to make it more complicated then it is. There is also a lot of duplication.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great tool with an answer for most everything, but provide proper training for your employees on the extensiveness of the program. For all its customization however, there are still some simple sales tools that are missing- like the ability to change the address for a contact, and have it apply to the whole account. Currently, you have to go into each contact and policy on the account, and change them individually. An "apply to all" radio button would save time and frustration.

Our team uses it for a niche insurance field. Its easy to search and manipulate relevant data. There are also extensive settings for tasks, that can be turned on or off depending on what you want to keep track of.

What Insurance Agency Management solution do you use?

Karen H.

"One stop shopping"

What do you like best?

It combines multiple systems into one, easy to use package. Client, policy, claims, with attachments/document management included and a robust accounting system.

What do you dislike?

It needs a few more tweaks before it is MGA friendly. I would also like to see custom form reporting available in the regular reporting section. A way to issue policies (with multiple forms attached). It could also use a full claims system as we handle claims for our carrier, first report, recording status, litigation notes, payments (expense, indemnity, recovery etc). We need to see the erosion of the policy limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although it is geared to the retail market, our MGA operations have used Epic successfully.

We went paperless because of Epic. We have streamlined processes and retain more information using custom forms for our specialized professional liability lines of coverage

John G.

"A modern Agency Management System for the modern agency"

What do you like best?

The modern interface is easy to learn yet provides agencies many of the E&O protections that have been missing from prior agency management solutions. The configure area allows agency admins to customize the user experience to meet the needs of their specific agency. The underlying technology makes me confident that Applied will be able to continue development and improve on the product for years to come.

What do you dislike?

In some areas a great feature was created but only 90% implemented leaving me wanting more. A prime example of this is the reporting engine. I have great flexibility to add data elements as criteria or to the layout output. But many seemingly obvious omissions exist that make completing my task difficult or impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The process of converting from another system is difficult, there's no doubt about that. Take your time with the migration. There is no rush, do it right the first time or you will regret it in the long term.

We need every service representative to be able to efficiently handle more work than historically has been possible. Epic is a key tool in achieving that goal.

Margie H.

"Very Detailed Reports"

What do you like best?

AS the accountant for our insurance brokerage, I found it very easy to switch over to EPIC from our old system of TBW. The reporting features are easily accessible and give a variety of options to change and choose from.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the same things that I like actually - the reporting is very detailed, but it is almost too detailed and unlike many other accounting software programs, you are unable to "drill down" by double-clicking to find out where information has come from. It is very user friendly for insurance brokers, but could really use an accountants point of view for the general ledger design.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not be disappointed - even if there is something that you don't understand, the customer service team and support are extremely helpful and will contact you right away.

The benefits that have been realized with EPIC, is that it easily integrates with our other software. We have only just scratched the surface with what we are learning and using, but there are many other features that could benefit us such as the marketing feature and opportunities section. I would also like to start using the producer commission function instead of my spreadsheets.

Lori M.

"LOVE Epic! I don't nkow how we managed before implementing Epic."

What do you like best?

Epic is very intuitive and user friendly. It has greatly streamlined our processes and the reporting options are fantastic! I love the search features in attachments. It's so easy to find the attachments.

What do you dislike?

The Accounting module is missing some very basic functionality. Functionality that Applied TAM could provide are missing in Epic. For example, you cannot see the effective date or accounting month in the detail screen when entering a disbursement.

The Reports module is great, however, because it is so robust, it is difficult to maneuver. I wish there were more canned layouts; especially that coincide with layouts that were canned in Applied TAM.

I wish there were security layers to the Employee files. For example, I have people that need access to regular employee files, but I wish I could lock them out of owner/manager files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework. Hire an independent consultant to help you through the migration process. It's definitely worth the money. Get key employees on board and part of the migration process from the beginning. Require employees to complete all training and do all data clean up. Make sure you allow yourself enough time from start to finish; you will be sorry if you don't.

We are able to monitor areas of the business better than ever. We can identify potential E&O/compliance issues and address them immediately. Things that were a manual process are now automated. Since Epic is activity driven and most functions automatically add an activity, documentation of workflow and processes is easy.

"Applied Epic"

What do you like best?

I like that Epic seems to be easy to use and has a good customer interface. We went live on March 8th, so far, so good!. I like how everything related to that file - from attachments, to phone calls to notes to emails - easy to track and manage. I am an account manager/producer and have two other account managers that work with me, and this makes it easier for us to see where a file is at, what tasks need to be assigned and done It makes it easy to work as a team, and makes it so it's seemless.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lessons on the training are repeats. But, in a way, that is a good thing, as repetition makes things easier to remember. Other than that, Epic seems to be a good system for the insurance industry to make managing clients so much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Epic seems a bit daunting at first, but I promise you, once you are used to it, you will wonder how you lived without it!!!!

Benefits- ease of use. Ease of tracking a file from start to finish, to include any documents, messages, and anything we need for it. It solves the problem of who said what to who's client a lot easier to manage. I realized that it makes seeing who messed around in a client file easier to find out other than asking person after person who did it.

Tammy H.

"IT Manager"

What do you like best?

Epic is a robust, easy to use, powerful agency management system. Applied continues to evolve and stay ahead of the game with Epic.

What do you dislike?

The integration with MS Office can be quirky at times but I don't feel that is necessarily Applied's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! The cost was a little higher than the other product we looked at (AMS360) but the difference in products is amazing. We are so happy we went with Applied Epic. The support is phenomenal!

Communication with clients has gone from a manual system to a highly automated system. We have letters, activities and emails automatically generated from scheduled reports that notify our clients 90 days ahead of their renewal all the way up to day of renewal. So many hours of time savings from this automated process.

Amber B.

"Capable Management System"

What do you like best?

Epic has extremely robust capabilities. You can customize it to work best for your agency. Applied seems to consider their client's requests. I have seen them implement many changes that have been requested by a large number of users. They have an awesome user group and offer peer-led classes.

What do you dislike?

The robust capabilities and customization options can be a hindrance. Sometimes you don't know what you need to be doing to get the information you want from Epic. This can be extremely frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My greatest piece of advice would be to take most of the training AFTER implementation. We spent a lot of time before launching trying to imagine how we'd want the system setup but really had no idea what to focus on. I think some training at launch would be good followed by training at least a few months in. Epic can do great things if you use it correctly!

Compared to our former management system, the documenting and technical offerings of Epic have greatly helped our agency. Attaching emails and other documents is extremely easy. Many sort options are available as are quick access buttons. All of these things add up to greater efficiencies.

Lori H.

"Applied Epic - why not?"

What do you like best?

I love that the system is constantly evolving. We can configure the system to accomplish the tasks in our agency the way we want to do them. Configuring the system happens on the fly!

What do you dislike?

There's always something to dislike...it is computer software after all. I think the biggest thing is that when the newest upgrade is available, inevitably there's something that cracks a little...might not be a big break, just a crack, but that sometimes throws things off. Applied Systems is more than willing to work on fixes quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like any management system, take a look at what your needs are. Assess where the system you are looking at is going to take you in the future. Applied Epic is constantly evolving to meet the future needs of our industry.

Everything that happens in our agency is contained within one system, from accounting, client management, carrier management, across all lines of business. We can easily see what is being done for a client, making it easy for anyone to service.

Amber G.

"Very Happy with EPIC"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and the updated look of the software. Our old software was a little outdated. Applied offers many different ways to provide servicing to an account and helps cut down on the servicing time per client. Helps keep track of sales and opportunities. I love that Applied is trying to become more tech savvy and to stay up with the times.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items I would like changed in regards to the processing but have submitted these to the tech department for review. The reports are still a little outdated and would love to be able to remove companies and brokers since the initial set up and transfer of old data created duplicated or old carrier data that just clogs up our system. My agency is a more transaction based servicing agency and I would like a better way to integrate Microsoft outlook into the management system. Also, I would love to have the distribute files feature corrected to just send the document I'm asking it to send rather than a 2nd copy of the document that it currently does. Transactions in the accounting side can be difficult to undo a mistake. Texting option seems great but when you call the "text only" number it gives you a message about this not being a working number which I feel can cause issues if a client calls it. There has to be an easy fix to correct this message

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When switching over from old software to new. Don't transfer all data. It just creates a big mess that cannot be cleaned up.

No problems that we're trying to solve. The ease of use helps production times per client and helps to keep track of new business sa,es

Tyler L.

"Great product, better service!"

What do you like best?

Applied Epic is the premier software to efficiently run an insurance agency. We are able to run a wide variety of reports from client retention to expiration to audits on employee workflows. If a certain report isn't available in the way that I want it, I know I can always call Applied and get help formatting a current report or creating a new one!

What do you dislike?

My only complaint of Applied Epic are the big updates that are required. I wish there was a way for these to run at night or on the weekends so that I didn't have to wait twenty minutes right when I login first thing in the morning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The transition can be quite burdensome, especially for a busy agency. You will need to implement a team to handle this and they should be ready to work extra hours to make the transition as smooth as possible. You will also need someone on the team who is versed in spreadsheets and is moderately tech savvy. If you do not have someone like this, it will increase the time spent on the transition.

Employee workflow problems. In the past, employees were all doing things different ways or not at all. Since using Epic, employees are pretty limited to the workflows as created and errors are easily pointed out and fixed.

Allison M.

"Great agency management system that meets and exceeds all our needs."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality of the software. Training new employees is easy due to the good flow of the system. Downloads from companies make follow-ups on claims and changes a lot easier and quicker. Client information screens are excellent since you only have to in-put the information once and can then "grab" it for other locations where it's needed. The option to customize views and columns makes it even more user friendly in that each user can customize his/her screen to meet their needs and make their workflow easier. The ability to easily add documents and emails to a client screen makes workflow easy and quicfk

What do you dislike?

Reports can be difficult to build and even harder to teach. The utilities and configure screens can be difficult to navigate if you're new to those locations. Updates can move things around making it confusing for users; however if given enough notice this issue can be discussed in advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reports, billing, ease of use, follow-ups, etc... are all wonderful tools that can be used with Applied Epic.

Follow-ups and renewal reviews are much easier with the options Applied Epic gives. Customer retention has benefited from this. EO and risk has decreased due to the activity screens that allow for follow-ups, reason for success or failure on certain activities.

Christine F.

"Epic Review"

What do you like best?

The increased functionality available. I like the ability to track services without having to create a "policy" for them. The Sales Automation dashboards are insightful and really help our producers understand their sales pipeline. The Report Quick Views are easy to set up and anyone can quickly get a report based on the report quick view settings. The certificate renewal process is so much better than what we previously had.

What do you dislike?

The inability to do a search of application data. This was part of our prior management system and it is something that we need to be able to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Applied Epic to anyone. There are so many benefits of Epic ranging from the Sales Automation dashboards, Report Quick Views, managing opportunities, the certificate process, the marketing module, the ability to search for clients in various ways, the service summary comparison, the coverage snapshot tool. So many things that are really great about Epic.

We have been able to streamline our workflows and have consistency throughout our various offices. We are able to provide our clients the access they need with Mobile Insured and CSR24, while allowing our producers to have easy access to their client data with Applied Mobile.

Sonya Ratcliff E.

"Applied Epic Review"

What do you like best?

We were on Applied TAM for over 25 years and moved to Applied Epic in December 2014. There are many things I like about Applied Epic, but if I had to pick one favorite thing it would be the marketing area. You can create one master marketing submission, choose the lines of business and attachments that you wish to send to each company, and keep up with your submission, correspondence and quotes. I’m probably not doing it justice with my explanation, but this feature alone made the switch to Epic worth it in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

While you are learning to use Epic, it feels like there are a lot of keystrokes. It isn’t that bad, but it can feel overwhelming at first. The truth is I think people found ways to work around things in TAM where in Epic it is much more difficult to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of all the things Applied offers for the implementation - don't think you should try to cut some of it out and save money. For example, we chose the workflow consultation, and this made the transition much easier for our staff. Also, take your time in the conversion process. We took a year and were glad we did.

Through the multiple search features, we can locate information much quicker. Our staff is able to work much more quickly while still maintaining accuracy.

Donna R.

"Great experience with an awesome implementation team"

What do you like best?

I felt like we were set up with the best implementation team...from the TAM migration lead, to accounting, to technology, and training. There was not one person that I felt was weaker than the other. I would ask for the same exact team all over again!

What do you dislike?

It was difficult making decisions about the setup of Epic when you didn't really understand the ramifications of your decisions. If there were a way to test decisions side by side, that would be so helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would ask other insurance agencies of their experience, and what they would do differently if they had to do it all over again - learn from their mistakes!

I think the first problem that we resolved was the security "hole" that TAM had. Getting over to Epic relieved that anxiety. Accounting and servicing processes are so much more streamlined in Epic. We are realizing a host of efficiencies from that alone.

Maria F.

"New EPIC users "

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use and that it can hold so much more information that our old (Doris) system. The certificate process is easier and quicker. Attachments used to consume our days and now it is so simple to attach something. Since we are new to the system we find new things everyday to make our jobs easier.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, as administrator it would be nice if it were a little more clear cut when adding users and setting up their access to programs within the system, but other than that I am a fan and am so happy to be using EPIC now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their is a learning curve, but it is a great tool for the Insurance industry

We are having more accuracy and accountability due to the activity system. We are hoping to have more accurate report information when reports are run.

Peter A.

"If you are investing in an insurance agency management system, Applied Systems Epic is it."

What do you like best?

Powerful system which handles a huge array of real world needs, flexible for your business, a huge number of business partners to work with, a huge number of users to network with.

What do you dislike?

A bit heavy handed with required steps, which can get users upset when they want to do a simple task and have to take 3 steps to get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideally, some of the complication would be developed out of the program, though I don't hold out much hope. I think the policy management piece could be simplified without messing with the tracking.

We were on Tam, but realized it was a dying technology with limited improvements coming down the road. With dated infrastructure, it was a safe, secure place to be - but not the future. We decided on Epic, moved to the cloud, and it has been a good decision for us.

"Epic organizes items in a user friendly manner, with an easy to read appearance. "

What do you like best?

I like the user friendliness of the system. easy to add policies and insureds. Easy to navigate and find information. Easy to read lay out of the screens used. I like the Real Time feature of the program, saves time. Also I like how some carriers are able to download policies into the system with little work by the users.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the glitches that occur. Many problems with opening attachments in the system. Many unneeded steps in some of the simple tasks in day to day use. I dislike the lag time in opening attachments. There is not much I dislike only glitches and extra steps involved sometimes. Overall a good system for an independent agency to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have good IT support to help you walk through any glitches.

I use it to keep track of insureds policies for an independent agency. Makes it east to keep track of multiple insureds with multiple carriers.We also use the Real-Time feature to access carrier sites. This cuts down on steps outside of Epic, which is very nice.

"Efficient and ever-improving management system"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize Epic as it suits our agency. I am particularly fond of the reports although they took a bit of time to reach a comfort level with. The ability to set user defaults and streamline workflows has made a real difference for us.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely some frustrations with download and the overall rigidity of some areas of the system but, by far, the good outweighs the negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know your "why" before you make the move....don't just do it because Epic is the "latest and greatest," which it is! It's A LOT of work to migrate systems and having a clear goal in mind makes it more palatable. Do your research!

Pulling all our departments under one management system is one major win. Also, having an integrated sales pipeline.

Agency

"Decent System for Small Accounts"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily find accounts with EPIC using the policy number, name, address, or code. I like that it is easy to track policy changes and activity on an account. It's nice that we can have so many contacts listed for an account as well. Invoicing is easy but the system can get confusing at times (not always sure what name will show up on the invoice or which transactions will end up on the same page). I really like how easy it is to attach items.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way that the transaction screen filters out everything. I always have to filter by "billed to name contains.." which is annoying. I do no not like that there is no renumber button to help keep large lists/schedules organized. I do not like that when I create a master marketing submission with multiple policies, the other named insured schedule ends up with a ton of duplicates. I do not like how I have to go to every single subject in a property app to change the deductible, coverage form, etc. There should be a way to do that quickly. When we change carriers, sometimes the property deductible for every single subject changes. It can be really annoying when you have an account with 20+ locations!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say that this is a decent program for smaller accounts. However, it becomes quite cumbersome if you have large accounts with huge property, auto, or driver schedules. It does not handle very large pieces of data well and you end up relying on Excel a lot for those things. They don't even have a renumber button, which is absolutely ridiculous when you have a list of 50 vehicles and need to delete 1 in the middle. The cert system can also be quite clunky and confusing, but it's fine if you only have a few certs to issue. Again, with large accounts, it gets out of hand.

EPIC integrates accounting, client and prospect management, proofs, account marketing, and document/record-keeping

Allison H.

"Applied EPIC Review"

What do you like best?

EPIC is fairly easy to use once you go through the online tutorials. I like that there are multiple ways to get to the same area as opposed to having to use a specific route. The program looks pleasing and is not too cluttered.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization on the user level. For instance, I wish that if you set a follow up activity as urgent, I wish there was a way to have it show up in color on the front screen. Some of the business lines should be more customized based on that type of coverage. Some lines are too generic and there are not spaces to put some of the policy information other than in rearks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test several options before settling on EPIC. I feel there may be other more complete products on the market. Epic is on its way to being better but has a ways to go.

It is a benefit to have all client data in one place. Multiple users can find the same information on each client.

Joe T.

"Epic has helped our agency grow"

What do you like best?

I feel like the biggest help to our agency was the accounting. But the overall automation abilities really help in all areas of our agency.

What do you dislike?

I wish Epic had a more robust benefits module. Something that allowed it to interface with benefits companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best system today in my opinion. I haven't seen anything that compares to it's overall capabilities.

Our business is run on Epic. So everything we do is aided by Epic. Since implementing, we have saved on personnel costs because of improved efficiency.

Katie D.

"Great if users consistently update"

What do you like best?

It's a way to house all our client's policies and for all service representatives to be able to access on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to open the application. Search functionality isn't the greatest. Many manual updates need to be made in the system to keep the information active.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good for simple clients where they do not have a great number of subsidiaries or policies. For the smaller accounts, the EPIC system works well. For larger accounts, with numerous service representatives, subsidiaries, dbas, etc., it doesnt work as well.

Easy way to store copies of policies. Allows numerous users to access the application and individual accounts.

Nirali P.

"Epic Software Review"

What do you like best?

It is a very technologically advanced software that gives a much greater level of visibility of the finance books. If one learns the software they can do a lot with it. The system offers a way to efficiently manage many different aspects of a business, everything from customer relations to the recording numbers.

What do you dislike?

To really get its worth, one must learn it and work with quite a bit to get good at it. It may not be a quick, easy learn but definitely worth the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A software that can really change the efficiency level's for most companies. it maybe difficult to learn fully, but well worth the time. Highly recommend trying it!

We were able to efficiently manage policy/benefits admin work and our accounting processes all in one software. All aspects of the accounting process is stored, making tracking work much more available and easy.

Learn more about Applied Epic

Applied Epic Videos

Learning about Applied Epic?

* We monitor all Applied Epic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.