Mixmax

Mixmax makes Gmail your 'workflow control center' so you win more deals, engage more customers and streamline recruiting processes.

Work for Mixmax?

Learning about Mixmax?

Mixmax Reviews

Ask Mixmax a Question
Showing 273 Mixmax reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Mixmax
Mixmax review by Bernard H.
Bernard H.

"Super charge your email, with some hiccups"

What do you like best?

Mixmax streamlines my email workflow with automation sequences and templates. The automation sequences are highly customizable and can be started straight from the Gmail experience.

What do you dislike?

Lots of small bugs as Mixmax pop up during my experience. Images not attaching correctly, names being dropped in my automation sequences.

I also dislike the direction the company appears to going by integrating wayyyyy too many things (eg. insert polls, videos, social badges, expiring communications).

I get that it's challenging building an add-on ontop of G Suite's Gmail experience. But I'd appreciate it if they just focused on making a stable email automation / template application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good way to automate Gmail communications through automation and templates. Be wary of small bugs that constantly show up.

I run all our inbound sales and customer success sequences through Mixmax automation. It saves a ton of manual time and provides a seamless integration experience within Gmail.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Mixmax review by Stacey I.
Stacey I.

"Easy and productive!"

What do you like best?

The templates and tracking capabilities are priceless! The ease of the software is perfect for quick learning and usability. It used to take me double the amount of time to compose email campaigns before using Mixmax. Now I type in a recipient, click the appropriate template and it auto fills into my email.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike as of yet - I've been using Mixmax for a little over a month so far. I do dislike that I don't have more time set aside to dedicate to learning all the nooks and crannies of this software. I'm sure it does WAY more than I'm using so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a shot - you have nothing to lose! You'll find that it's easy to learn and utilize and you'll be up and running in no time!

I do MANY email campaigns in my position and since it easily integrates with Gmail, it makes my job much easier! Being able to store templates for each email campaign is awesome. No more typing in Word and copying/pasting into a new email.

Mixmax review by Stacey C.
Stacey C.

"Marketing Management!"

What do you like best?

Mixmax includes many great features valuable to maintaining consistent follow up for your prospective clients and current customers. The tracking tools provide you with valuable insight for planning your marketing campaigns. The user interface is very user friendly and completely customizable allowing you the ability to maintain brand consistency. Save time by creating email and meeting templates so that you are not having to re-write the same content over and over again.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints this far. As someone who specializing in marketing, my only recommendation would be added customization for the templates... more bells and whistles to engage users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to design meeting and email templates when setting up your account. The little time spent at the beginning will save you lots of time later. The interface is mobile friendly, therefore you can send content on the go with a few clicks

Maintaining consistent follow-up with prospects and ability to better manage my schedule. I personal use multiple calendars in Gmail and Outlook. This features has been very helpful in managing my time and not overlapping appointments.

Mixmax review by mark w.
mark w.

"Excellent Aid for Managing Your Marketing!"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is an excellent aid for managing your marketing! The interface is extremely user friendly. The automation software will save you lots of time by allowing you to schedule your follow-up emails for prospects and current clients. Everything is customizable, giving you the ability to maintain a consistent brand presence. The meeting templates are a great tool to make sharing your availability, schedule appointments and appointment reminders with efficiency. Mixmax can be set up to sync with multiple calendars, giving you the confidence of not overlooking your schedule in error. If you are like me, someone who works with multiple calendars in Outlook and Gmail, this feature has been an extreme time saver for me.

What do you dislike?

I truly don't have any negative comments to include at this time. As someone who works in the marketing industry, I would suggest adding more bells and whistles to the email templates. Though they are customizable, I would like to have a more creative design layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. It is very user friendly and works great on mobile and desktop. I personally use a Google Pixel and have had no problems with the integration.

Helpful in tracking the emails to prospective clients. If the tracking reports are used to aid in planning your marketing, the data included can be very powerful information. By knowing which messages are being opened, how often and when they are being viewed, you have the ability to sched your emails at optimum times.

Mixmax review by Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

"Makes follow up a breeze"

What do you like best?

The delayed send out is amazing when I don't want the whole world to know I was working because I couldn't sleep. I also love the feature where I can tag a sent email and tell it to remind me if I haven't received a response. The Email scheduler is also amazing. The program really allows me to complete an action and let go of it until MixMax reminds me. It's wonderful that it addresses some of my biggest weak points with it's technology.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found the least bit challenging is that there is a MixMax circle over the area where I email replies. It is sometimes in the way. A minor annoyance compared to the benefits I receive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial! Watch a video or two on the overview of the product. The follow up options are wonderful and combines some of the more popular features of multiple apps into one ie- client self scheduler, follow up on emails, and delayed sendout.

Improved customer follow up. If someone says check in with me in a week, I write the email right then and schedule it to send out when they want me to check in with them.

Mixmax review by Danielle R.
Danielle R.

"Simple and effective!"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is easy to use and is currently meeting my needs in tracking whether individuals are receiving and opening my emails. I love the follow-up feature too if I need a response by a certain timeframe.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to personalize my logo and information to the invites however I am currently using the lowest paying option. As a small business owner many fees can add up and I'm trying to focus on the core areas to add to my business but at this time not pay for all the 'extra's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I also love the ability the schedule meetings without 10 emails back and forth!!!

I've used a previous email tracking and it often times didn't sync with my email program. I've never noticed this concern with Mixmax and it shows me the important information (email received, opened, how many times it was opened) and reminders if I don't receive a response. It's helped with overall email follow-up and organization.

Mixmax review by Lucas A.
Lucas A.

"Minha melhor ferramenta"

What do you like best?

O MixMax me ajuda muito na minha prospecção.

Com ele consigo montar meus e-mail, montar resposta, programar envios também consigo ver a taxa de abertura e com isso eu consigo chegar até o lead com uma maior facilidade consigo saber se realmente ele viu ou não meus e-mails.

What do you dislike?

Poderia ter uma tradução para outras línguas além do inglês.

Quando o site é traduzido pelo goolge, ele para de funcionar e tenho que atualizar e voltar para língua original por erro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acredito que com uma maior divulgação a empresa iria ter uma grande crecimento no brasil na totalidade.

Antes de entrar na empresa que estou atualmente a Midhaus, não tinha um conhecimento sobre essa ferramenta, mesmo já trabalhando na parte de vendas e atendimento ao clintes.

Hoje o mercado brasileiro tem uma necessidade por esse tipo de ferramenta, pois sua finalidade é ótima e ajuda de uma forma que você consegue focar em outras atividade enquanto o Mixmax faz toda a parte de envios.

Você tambem consegue puxar um assunto para uma venda ou mesmo um atendimento.

Dessa forma a pessoa não tem como fugir, falando que não viu ou não leu, pois, você consegue visualizar se ela está de certa forma falando a verdade ou não.

Consigo focar em outras coisas como ligar para um leads enquanto o Mixmax disparas e-mails ele economizou e muito o meu tempo, consigo programar e assim minha rotina fica mais fácil.

Mixmax review by Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

"I'm kind of obsessed"

What do you like best?

Overall, I really like having a variety of tools available from a single solution. My most used / favorites are:

Scheduling tool — allowing clients to choose a slot, and blocking off times based on other integrated calendars)

Reminders — allowing me to clear my inbox but bringing conversations back if they've not been resolved in a set amount of time

Templates — ability to save commonly sent emails, prevents the need for excessive drafts and hunting old emails to re-use, plus ability to group & organize them is nice

Slash Commands — accessing the above tools quickly without having to leave my compose window

View & Open Stats — I looooove creeping on people to see if they ever even read the email I sent ; )

Email Convo Sharing — ability to provide my team with context about a project by simply sharing a link to the original email chain

What do you dislike?

The Mixmax 2.0 email tools aren't compatible within the split-panel view of Gmail, so I have to use the 1.0 version. : ( Still works, but the interface isn't as pretty or intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a referral code from a friend. Get the free trial. Start with the lowest paid plan to see what features you actually need/use. Then pay it forward.

Reduced time needed for meeting coordination — clients just choose from my available time slots and the meeting gets added to my calendar. So worth it for that functionality alone. I'm still working on how I can increase productivity with some of the templating tools. And I use Asana for project management with my team, so allowing them to view email convos for context helps with project spin-up, to get us to next-steps more quickly.

Mixmax review by Kristi S.
Kristi S.

"Consider Mixmax Your Best Co-Worker"

What do you like best?

Mixmax helps me most with time and consistency. I have all my saved templates ready for use at any given time. It helps save so much time typing the same message to a variety of email addresses.

What do you dislike?

I think anyone can agree that they would love for the premium features to be free!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Email tracking is a huge advantage to communication over email. It helps make you a better employee with follow ups, updating team members and securing a sale!

I’ve been able to send out polls to my internal team to quickly come to an agreement on topics. I’ve been able to set reminders to email clients back in a timely fashion and not forget to respond. I’ve been able to report back to my team if our clients have seen/opened an important email we sent to get a sense of reliability with relationships.

Mixmax review by Neil H.
Neil H.

"MixMax makes email tracking profitable and convenient."

What do you like best?

I like the templates and follow-up. The melding of minds is perfect. Using MixMax creates a strong opportunity in facilitating growth opportunities. Knowing how your email campaigns are going allows for prioritizing the who receives the next contact or follow-up email. Bounces illustrates that some email contacts may be antiquated or closed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes syncs at inconvenient times. Makes it hard to track emails when that occurs. The customer service follow-up could be better reached. Sometimes knowing where links are to do follow-ups are hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your need ahead of time. does this fit your particular situation? If you have a growing consumer or client base, it helps to have a way of maintaining a contact list. MixMax makes keeping up on who is responding and who isn't a great way of maintaining the email contacts. I like the platforms ease of use and convenient tutorials.

Allows advantage of tracking how many opens and how many bounces occur. Knowing how the emails are openned or not opened provides me valuable data for understanding my client potentials.This platform brings technology forward that works well with needs and allows me the convenience of staying ahead of the learning curve.

Mixmax review by Amy D.
Amy D.

"Don't try to work without it!"

What do you like best?

MixMax is an amazing tool. I recommend it to EVERY one of my clients. I train on communication skills in medical offices and stress the importance of eliminating errors. They would find great value in the templates.

My most favorite attribute is the ability to set up different meetings. The templates and invaluable to me as I meet remotely with teams and trying to get them to commit to times used to take many emails back and forth. Now I sent the appropriate meeting link, they select a good time, and we all have a meeting on our calendars with all the necessary details.

My other favorite items is the templates that make standard emails efficient and error-free.

What do you dislike?

There are time the contact list in MixMax does not maintain the edits in Gmail. It is the main frustration. And then when opening Gmail, sometimes I have to reload the page when first opening it to have MixMax be engaged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! It is a great product that is so very powerful! I do consulting work for administrative teams that email standard items between offices. Many times it is unprofessional or with typos. Having templates saves them time and standardizes the communication.

Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency! I have many potential and active clients needing to meet with me. I absolutely LOVE the ability to set up meeting templates of all kinds. I simply use a link and they pick their time and we both get a calendar notice. It eliminates the countless emails of trying to hunt-and-peck to find an actual time.

I also love the email templates! It eliminates the errors of always typing something up and the efficiency is amazing!!!

Mixmax review by Avi L.
Avi L.

"MixMax is more than essential, it is crucial."

What do you like best?

MixMax turns Gmail and the Google Apps service into a sales machine. From automation to drip campaigns, to attaching gifs, polls, and question and answers in the email with smart typing MixMax is a must have tool for business owners and professionals who want more intelligence from Gmail for sales, marketing, management and more. MixMax works with Salesforce and numerous other Sass offerings and is under consistent development to offer value. I've been a happy customer for several years.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike. The only thing I'm left wanting for is an Android app, and perhaps to use MixMax's shiny brand spanking new phone sales call system built into the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free trial to see how fast it will improve your businesses management efficiency.

The business problems I'm solving:

• Checking emails opens, clicks and downloads

• Automating email communications for sales

• Scheduling appointments with clients

• Templating comms and mktg assets with my team

• Working smarter with automation rules

Mixmax review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"I can't get enough of this add on!! My workflow isn't the same without it."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of creating and inserting email templates as well as being able to set up sequences. It's very easy for me to personalized messages and send them out in a cadence of emails that will eventually yield a response. Another great feature is the reminders and being able to see if people viewed my emails. This is a great way for me to determine how interested someone is (based on how many times they viewed my email) and the automated reminder ensures that I follow up in a timely manner!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I dislike about the product. If anything I think it would be nice to have the ability to reschedule a sequence that has already been put into effect. By this I mean the time that the entire stage is set to go out prior to actually activating any recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a must have! It makes my sales workflow so much more efficient and has increased the number of meetings I have booked in addition to all of the productivity pros!

Saving a ton of time with writing emails and having a good cadence with prospects. Love the calendar plugin as it helps me to get meetings and I've just found that it makes my life a whole lot easier. The integration into Salesforce is also super helpful.

Mixmax review by Eric L. J.
Eric L. J.

"Mixmax fills in the gaps and increases productivity."

What do you like best?

The absolute best item I love about Mixmax is the calendar integration and easily being able to send a simple calendar invite or sending a list of available times to book me. I have never had a client have an issue with using these features. The next round of likes is the email tracking for opens. I deal in more than 100 emails a day and it helps to know who has opened the email and if they're opening the email more than once. It gives me an idea of response time. I also like being able to send emails at a later time so my employees or some clients receive the email at a time I feel they will be able to read and respond. This comes in handy if I'm working late and sending out many emails so they are not lost at the bottom of the recipients' stack.

What do you dislike?

No matter what I do, some days I have to allow permissions over and over again even with the cookie entry in my browser. I am also still awaiting Grammarly and Mixmax to work together. And I really need these features on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that it is under your browser only at this time and there are no iPhone or Android applications available... but I am sure there will be!

Canned responses, email tracking, calendar invites, and Enhanced mode with code markup or other explanations/documentation.

Mixmax review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"A productivity game-changer"

What do you like best?

As a Customer Success Manager, the ability to share my calendar availability has reduced my scheduling back-and-forths by somewhere around 10%. It saves me time and creates a better experience for my customers, which is the best part.

The email templates and sequences are also amazing. I love the ability to insert a template and ensure follow-ups, so I'm not re-writing the same email over and over or letting things fall through the cracks.

Also love features like the vidyard integration, where you can easily record and send a video.

Overall it's a delightful UI that I actually enjoy using.

What do you dislike?

I wish when sharing my availability, I had the option to simply send a link to my calendar (like Calendly) so the recipient could select any available slot, rather than having to select available times first.

Also which there were more product walkthroughs/tool tips on the site. I'm sure I'm under-utilizing some features.

- Increased efficiency / productivity with email templates and scheduling calendar events.

- Greater visibility through Open/Click-thru tracking

Mixmax review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Game changer? Without any doubt."

What do you like best?

Saves time to focus on the essential things. Imagine Mailchimps younger brother and Gmail and Google Calender throwing a productivity party for your company. That's what using Mixmax feels like. No joke: it's fun! Templates, sequences, reminders, scheduled emails, beautiful link presentations, and so many more useful tools.

What do you dislike?

Reminders on emails which didn't receive a reply could be solved more elegant. But the team is working on it according to the last newsletter. Apart from that, I cannot dislike any detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small team looking for solutions on how to speed up daily work, never miss an email to send on the right moment, sometimes wonder why using expensive MailChimp, this is your Gmail integration of choice.

Everybody knows the situation: missing a great opportunity because you wrote the email at the wrong moment, missed the right follow up, remember a possible client to check your offer. Mixmax ends this. Write emails at the very right moment, never losing the right opportunity. It's almost spooky. Through this integration, my team and I were able to close more deals. Having better and fluent contact with clients. Able to higher my work performance. And on Fridays, I can close my computer even with an all-done Inbox-Zero!

Mixmax review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"A joy to work with"

What do you like best?

Hands down - the one on one support from MixMax is unmatched. I feel well taken care of, my questions are answered quickly, and they have a path for sharing product optimizations and requests that would serve our team specifically.

What do you dislike?

We've had intermittent bugs that are always addressed quickly and head on. Our rep comes to the table with a solution or at the very least, a solid workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the support team. We were able to increase

Mixmax provides value in numerous ways. We're able to automate client reach our and follow-up, track email reads and clicks, schedule meetings easily, and report on activity. It saves us time and money, and allows us to very easily understand what's working and what isn't. We've been able to test messaging and process, ultimately resulting in a streamlined and over all better customer experience.

Mixmax review by Zoe G.
Zoe G.

"Mixmax is such a time saver! "

What do you like best?

I love that Mixmax let's me integrate my calendar seamlessly, offers templates for emails I send most often, and gives me user-friendly flexibility to send emails when I know they'll be read!

What do you dislike?

Not being able to scroll behind the calendar window when it pops up; I often have to open and close the scheduling window several times to get relevant details from the initial email!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SO much easier to use than other products on the market for scheduling. It integrates everything I need (Zoom, Gmail, etc.) into one place and the features are great!

Mixmax has made it possible to easily and consistently communicate with our clients. Our whole team uses it, so it's easy to schedule, adjust templates, and make sure the quality of what we're sharing is really high!

Mixmax review by Xander P.
Xander P.

"As an independent consultant, Mixmax has changed my life"

What do you like best?

I've won $30,000+ deals thanks to Mixmax reminding me to follow-up in two days, and alerting me when a prospect opens an email. Since I use my inbox as a to-do list, Mixmax helps me effectively move emails around to remember what to do when.

What do you dislike?

One of the downsides of using Mixmax is that it replaces the default Gmail compose window, which sometimes makes me thing I might be missing out on a new Gmail feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you spend more than three hours a day in your inbox, it's a no-brainer.

My Inbox is my to-do list for my business, and replying to clients at the right time is a critical piece. Mixmax helps me stay on top of what needs to happen to move projects, invoices, and deals forward.

Mixmax review by Nicolas Z.
Nicolas Z.

"My most recommended business tool"

What do you like best?

Email integration with gmail is really advanced. Access to templates and snippets from gmail is increadibly useful, event appointment features are the best I have seen out there. Sequences are powerful and simple to set up and attribute to new prospects.

What do you dislike?

There might be a feature missing for advanced personalization in sequences. Where the message is composed according to the data in the table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand exactly what fonctionality will be a game changer. Be open minded about the fonctionality that you don't know about and don't know that you need!

Scaling my emails, scheduling appointments, sending emails in the future, tracking opens, clicks. The benefits are:

better emails sent

more efficiency dealing with email correspondence.

I have just quadrupled my connection capacity with MixMax.

Mixmax review by Noa G.
Noa G.

"LOVE the MixMax add on in Gmail!"

What do you like best?

The MixMax service made my life so much easier!

It helps me automate all the small things I do on a regular basis (like, for example, instant replies to emails - I use templates that are custom designed for each purpose), and helps with email reminders (I never forget to follow up on important matters anymore). Everything is much more well organized now. I love it. I pay the annual upgrade and it is well worth it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really don't or can't think of anything I am missing with their service. And If I do, they send weekly emails that keeps introducing new abilities and features to me. That is so helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I LOVE this product. Will never use Gmail without MixMax added.

Organization

Automation

Reminders

Group emails

Mixmax review by Jack J.
Jack J.

"Doubling Productivity"

What do you like best?

Mixmax allows us to programmatically add contacts to strategic emails sequences via their API to drive an email response, a booked meeting, or an escalation task. The activity analytics give us insight to what messaging is working the best, verify our content is being accessed, and inevitable cratft better and better sequences.

What do you dislike?

The meeting scheduler did not give us the flexibility to offer clients to book an hour meeting in 30-minute intervals forcing us to rearrange our calendars or leverage Calendly for certain meeting types. However, this functionality has just been announced by Mixmax which will enable us to completely get rid of Calendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixmax will help automate any type of email engagement. To get the most value leverage their very robust API to programmatically add contacts to the best sequences based on the data you have available.

Mixmax allows us to focus efforts on unresponsive clients automatically while we prioritize meeting with our engaged users. If a client completes a sequence we escalate to a human touchpoint then continue to bump them up the escalation path with another sequence. Traditionally this escalation path has been the most time consuming and de-prioritized function for our Onboarding team. Mixmax does all of the emailing and followup work for us while providing analytics to see what message is the most successful. The capacity of the team has nearly doubled as we are able to drive quicker launch times for clients by keeping their engagement high from the moment they enter our portfolio.

Mixmax review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"Favorite Software Tool I've Used Yet"

What do you like best?

I personally love the side bar when I'm logged into my gmail account where it shows me all of the emails I've sent and whether or not they have been viewed, a link has been clicked or it has been responded to. Makes things a lot easier for me and a lot more interesting when you can see a potential client viewing your email all on your home page of gmail.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that I dislike yet. We are looking to implement them entirely and I'm sure once I get more familiar with the software there will be something, but as of now there's nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance. Currently in a trial phase with my company that is looking to bring it on full time to replace Calendly and Outreach and it's excellent. Everyone here who is using the trial absolutely loves it. Give it a go!

Scheduling demos easier via email, sending proposals and links easier and better looking via email, saving time tracking emails I have sent on my home page of gmail.

Mixmax review by Lance M.
Lance M.

"Great for small--medium teams"

What do you like best?

UX is very user-friendly and intuitive. I've tried reply, mailshake, and a few others and Mixmax is a good balance between robust and minimal. Sequences are easy to set up and execute and reporting is clear. There's also a neat feature that spot checks for missing merge fields before sending. It's saved me a couple times. There's a feature that recommends send times for each contact. Not sure how it sorts that out but it's been very effective.

What do you dislike?

Pricing for email services seems to be creeping up but Mixmax still fits within the middle-high end of what's out there. For the ideal features, it can be a bit pricey but for the basics done well, it's a fair price. Integrations with Zapier or other CRM's would be a very welcome addition. The calendar feature could also be very strong except for the branding (even on premium accounts) It's not presented in a very professional manner, making it difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailshake is a close second if you're seeking something a little less robust.

For prospecting and saving time with follow-ups, its been really helpful. you can schedule drips as far out as 30 days and add as many steps as needed. If managing a team is important, Mixmax makes it easy to manage the templates they have access too and have oversight into what they are sending and when.

Mixmax review by Bridgette H.
Bridgette H.

"MixMax will change the way you write emails! "

What do you like best?

My favorite part of mixmax is the templates! You can literally write an email within seconds. After I left my first company that was using mixmax, writing my first email was very difficult LOL. You get very used to the short cuts, and it is quite addicting! As a sales professional, I also love the open notifications. I know to use other forms of communications if my prospects are not opening emails.

What do you dislike?

Scheduled emails, need more options! I used MixMax at another company and had more options. Perhaps it is the level of subscription that I currently have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the templates! They make life so much easier.

More efficiency in your day to day administrative work.

Mixmax review by User

"MixMax is the best email/calling tool for AE's/closers. Period."

What do you like best?

Over the years I have evaluated dozens of similar tools (e.g. toutapp, outreach, etc.) and none of them even compare to MixMax's ease of use and overall capability. I'm now at a company that uses Outreach.io and thus I got a chance to re-evaluate the software. Needless to say, I like many others at my company, are paying out of pocket for MixMax – because it's that much better.

Notable features

- The calendar functionality is the best on the market including calendar software (e.g. Calendly which I recently retested).

- "Rules" you can create automated flows that save a ton of time. For example, all of my meeting booked via MixMax get three emails 1. still good for xxxx? (to confirm the meeting) 2. a day-of email with an agenda and 3. an email 10-minutes before the meeting with the meeting information.

- The best 'tracking' - MixMax gives you the ability to track **all** email opens and by whom. And, you can track all downloads and clicks, so you don't have to pay for content management software like Showpad & Clearslide.

- State of the art "enhancements" - Is your company state of the art?

- Sequences & Customizations - They may seem basic, but I can create sequences with

- Capabilities within Gmail - I have access to all of MixMax's functionalities within Gmail, whereas Outreach.io wants you to just use the Outreach.io interface, which makes responding to emails difficult.

- Shortcuts - by simply typing ";" I can access all of my templates and sequences by title which saves a ton of time, especially when you have dozens of templates and sequences. You can also type "/" to pull up all of my meeting templates, which means that I can share accurate availability with a prospect in about 2 seconds. It's awesome!

- Branding - MixMax allows you brand everything, including your calendar. I get compliments on it all the time.

What do you dislike?

Dialer - their dialer definitely gets the job done, but they still lack the ability to update elements of the contact, account, and task – via the dialer. Meaning, when I make a dial via MixMax I have to open tabs for the contact, task, and account to update relevant information gathered from the dial. I don't think this will be a limitation in the future, because you have the ability to view and update all of this information within the MixMax gmail client, so they just need to update the dialer to have this capability. Once they have this dialer functionality, there will be pretty much no reason to use Outreach.

Zapier Integration - they have a webhook functionality, but in my opinion they need a full integration so that their functionalities are limitless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it if you're managing a bunch of closers. If you lead an sdr team, then you may wan to consider Outreachi.io as their dialing functionality is slightly better. Other than that, MixMax is amazing, their support is first rate, and they are constantly innovating–which isn't something I can about other tools.

Schedule as many meetings as possible and save time doing so.

Create and manage dozens of sequences for both prospecting and closing.

Track all engagements and have that information transferred to SFDC.

Make life easier for my prospects.

Mixmax review by LaToya D.
LaToya D.

"Best All-In-One Email Productivity Tool"

What do you like best?

I was an early adopter and so I will say that I appreciate my grandfathered pricing. However, since subscribing I have also gotten all of my clients to use it. We couldn't function without Mixmax's capabilities. We love that we can create templates, sequences and track messages and downloads. There's a lot to love!

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit high but I can understand because they keep adding features. I'm not a fan of so much Salesforce/sales focus but the core product is amazing. I'm an administrative consultant so even though it is geared toward sales, it doesn't have to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot to love about Mixmax and it is suited for any type of business (even though it is skewing a bit toward sales). Who couldn't make use of the list of features like live preview, tables, templates, scheduling and so much more. You'll even find that the free version is intriguing enough to move to a paid plan. If you do anything with client relations, this is definitely the tool for you!

It's our launching pad for everything that we do when corresponding with clients or potential clients. It allows you to "set it and forget it" with scheduling emails, even recurring ones! We love that we don't have to use multiple add ons to automate our email correspondences. Plus there are the scheduling capabilities as well. It saves us a great deal of time and offers a growing number of functionalities.

Mixmax review by Lisa "Dee" P.
Lisa "Dee" P.

"Shared Email Templates has Revolutionized my Workflow"

What do you like best?

Besides everything? Shared Email Templates and a keyboard shortcut to enter them is rocking my world right now. It saves me a crazy amount of time. Sequences and voting buttons are also wonderful features. Worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

The software is a little young, occasionally buggy while using from within Shift, but a refresh always takes care of the problem. One thing that's not my favourite is that it drops emoji into the emails as custom attachments instead of the native emoji, so my emails look pretty buggy to some users, depending on their email client.

I would adore the following features if they were ever implemented:

* Collaborative Inbox of some kind

* Ability to attach notes or screenshots to emails for internal use (i.e. I need to write myself a note about this email for when I come back to it later)

* Custom Emoji

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not regretted the cost in the slightest. Worth every penny IMHO. The amount of time it can save if you know how to use sequences is invaluable, although I'm not sure this would be easy for someone who wasn't already familiar with mail merges ... either way, it's worth it for the shared templates alone - especially if, like me, you are responding to multiple info@ inboxes.

Email Tracking lets me know when I need to bump a conversation back into rotation

Shared templates and sequences saves me TONS of time

Voting buttons used as "I Understand" in staff communications

Mixmax review by User in Computer Software

"love mixmax!"

What do you like best?

The calendar scheduling feature is a breath of fresh air. I've used other solutions where you can just send your link and have others try and match up a time. The embedded calendar option allows me to pick appropriate times me and my team are available and then send to the recipient. As soon as they book, we are all booked. Also - the zoom integration is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was Hubspot to Mixmax integration. (I'm looking at using a webhook for this) But need to sync my contacts and trigger a sequence. This way, I can automatically add a contact into a sequence from my Hubspot list without having to export a file and import into Mixmax.

Seems like Mixmax refreshes quite a bit. This isn't that big of a deal, but does happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you try it, you'll fall in love with it.

Streamlining calendaring is huge. Sequencing is great. I get that already with Hubspot, but the surveys, gifs, and other advanced features really is awesome. I am loving it.

Mixmax review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Mixmax is a scheduling dream "

What do you like best?

I like that Mixmax encompasses all the features you could want from an email management platform. Scheduling emails, tracking, analytics, template responses, all of these make like so much easier. By and far though, I love the calendar tool that embeds in the email. I truly believe it takes the friction out from scheduling meetings!

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the interface messes with my gmail account. For a while, I would have to disable Mixmax to send a mailmerge but it looks like that has been corrected. Currently, the icons for Mixmax make it impossible to use some of the gmail icons which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without question, download this program. It’s incredibly effective at saving time and making more informed decisions. Especially if you are in a sales role, it’s impossible to not have mixmax!

Mixmax has helped me schedule more meetings. Especially when I was prospected new business, if there are too many steps, some people may never respond. The in email calendar app made it so easy for someone to schedule, I believe we won more business.

Mixmax review by Caspar V.
Caspar V.

"Wonderful program"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is absolutely great when it comes to following up your email and keeping everything organised, I have been saved so many times when I forgot to respond to an email or to follow up on it. With the sequences function it is great to automatically set the follow up mail saving time and efforts. All in all a great program

What do you dislike?

I do dislike that the dashboard is a little bit confusing, when I send out a Q&A to our customers I later found out that nothing had been saved since I had not connected it to google drive, maybe that is something that I would have liked to know in advance so that I did not manually have to check each email and compare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop looking and use Mixmax

It is a great tool for follow ups on sales, I think it is best for sales since it offers various different possibilities and overall greatly usefull

Mixmax review by User in Computer Software

"Great Tool at all levels of subscritpion"

What do you like best?

I like the flexability, the email tracking, the drip cadences, the customizability, the lightweight integrations the consistent functionality and how easy it is to configure more complex drip sequences with variables within the emails. You can also set variables within your meeting invites. Really allows you to save time at all levels of your email. I have used MM free version for awhile, paid for it out of pocket at jobs where they wouldn't splurge ( even though it is not expensive) and now use the full version and love that it writes to salesforce. Also the ability to insert custom branding is a really nice touch.

What do you dislike?

Honestly none. well sometimes I have a bug where I send an email and the email will send but then the draft of the sent email pops up as a compose window in gmail. I'd say this is 1/100 emails. Also i have had issues where I have been trying to share a document in Google Docs and it gets hung up on slower wireless connections when checking for sharing status of google doc, but these are both so niche and minor I almost forgot to mention. Also I think the read count refreshes on IOS when someone refreshes their inbox, so sometimes you see read counters up at like 37 times read which is a bit silly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are doing great.

Productivity and lead engagement. I can tell if people click on my google docs that sent, pdf proposals, opening or forwarding my email who is reading it and when I should follow up based on their engagement with my email. Since email is my go to tool as an AE MM has really nailed it. The team is ultra responsive to feedback and issues and product suggestions as well so I always love that.

Mixmax review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"A great tool, but I've experienced bugs"

What do you like best?

I really love being able to set up templates for emails I send regularly! I also like being able to send a simple link to my clients for them to set up meeting at a time that works for them! There's no back and forth trying to find a day and time, they just click an available time on your calendar and the event is scheduled.

What do you dislike?

I've had problems with my link to my calendar. Clients are able to book times that already have an event booked, so I have to cancel and reschedule things. It's something that I've reached out to Mixmax about and they have been very responsive and helpful but the problem hasn't been resolved yet.

Email templates are so handy and you can share them with your team so there is a consistent message for all clients. Scheduling meetings is so easy now!

Mixmax review by Ann Margarette Y.
Ann Margarette Y.

"Great and Really Helpful!"

What do you like best?

Well Im grateful for the free trial mode since was able to experience its benefits. I really like the shortcuts the most. It can save my time and effort in typing and composing my emails. Plus I can save templates too. This is so efficient for me.

What do you dislike?

I have a file of our own GIF. Then when I tried to use the shortcut to insert GIF from my desktop, there's no option for that. I only have to use the GIFs as provided. So I hope you may add this feature to Mixmax too.

I can see who have opened my emails, and the time they opened it as well. So I can determine which times my clients are really active in checking and answering emails. This can help also help me schedule the sending of my emails to clients during their most active times.

Mixmax review by Ravinshu S.
Ravinshu S.

"Best in-class sales aid out there"

What do you like best?

Mixmax has huge add-ons available to any standard mail, right from tracking to lists, email invites to link creation, file download to detailed analysis of email. The paid version is a great tool if you can afford it.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes lags a lot and emails don't go with attachments on days, thus you need to be patient with this one, rarely though. The free version is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The full version has various features but the free version too is good for basic stuff like tracking opens, clicks etc. which can be done using 2-3 different tools currently thus it saves your effort of using 2-3 plugins. If you can, go for the full version.

Emails Tracking, Scheduling, Lists, Open and file download notifications are few features I leverage on a daily basis. Templates and Mail merge too can be used, I use YAMM though for the later.

Mixmax review by mark t h.
mark t h.

"MixMax - the ultimate productivity tool for outbound sales and marketing teams"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is used in our organization by both our sales and marketing teams. Our sales team uses the tool as a way to send all of our outbound messages based on our account-based strategies for reaching our target prospects. We automate email outreach drips using MixMax. Our marketing team uses MixMax to automate outbound campaigns for linkbuilding. Similarly to how sales uses MixMax, our marketing team is uploading contacts and mapping out content as part of a sequence.

What do you dislike?

Not Exactly dislike but I would love if MixMax integrated with LinkedIn Sales Navigator for a seamless transition from saved leads in LinkedIn being populated in MixMax.

Its well suited for small businesses, startups, and small marketing teams (under 10 people). The tool has the most value for companies wanting to streamline outbound email strategies, but can also be used by anyone looking for a simple, intuitive email tracking tool. MixMax's Enterprise may be well-suited for companies ranging from 250-500 people, but I would not recommend it to companies with 500 or more employees.

Mixmax review by Graham M.
Graham M.

"The ideal software product"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is what you look for in a business product. It hits the two pillars of effectiveness and efficiency that you look for. Being able to track emails, build automated sequences makes communication and life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

It interferes with some chrome plug-ins such as Grammarly and occasionally crashes g-mail forcing me to reload the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow the plug-in to interact with other plug-ins.

It's helped give me time back in my day. Being able to automate and track emails just makes my life so much easier. Anyone in sales who is building their pipeline or scheduling meetings should use this product.

Mixmax review by Sundeep G.
Sundeep G.

"Email tracking and automation simplified!"

What do you like best?

Though Mixmax does what every other tool does, it's UI is smooth, understandable and easy to use. The reports are great, email tracking is simple, template and sequence performance is great. There is very little that Mixmax does wrong.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike in Mixmax. It is probably the best which helps me with my business needs. However, there are times when Mixmax obstructs me with my Gmail functionality which is quite irritating but only sometimes. The Mixmax app on Chrome also sometimes stops functioning and also create a lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixmax has a good trial period and it offers all the features during the trial. Please use the trial before going with the product.

We used to have a hard time managing email campaigns and it is greatly simplified by Mixmax. Most of the times we spend time inefficiently inside the inbox but with Mixmax you get to use your time more efficiently with all its easy to use features.

Mixmax review by User

"Automates all of my daily tasks for me"

What do you like best?

I love that MixMax allows me to have so many email templates, so that I can just send what I need to each lead, opp, and closed account depending on where they are in the sales cycle.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to share available times to book in a meeting with me, but this feature is available and does work fine. I would prefer to have a template of times of day, that I can share to multiple leads in one day, instead of having to pick 3 times manually each time I send my availability.

Definitely just saving time by having email templates. It's also great to be able to see when someone opens an email, and to have everything integrated with salesforce. I also really like being able to send a "poll" which really makes it easier for people to respond with just the click of a button.

Mixmax review by Jayca P.
Jayca P.

"Easy, effective, lightweight email fabulosity"

What do you like best?

Works with Inbox by Gmail; zero friction to get up and running; seamless tracking of emails, scheduling every single message to send at the best time in one click; simple to see basic analytics; excellent snoozes and gentle reminders. Most of this is done on autopilot, too - plenty to customize, but not a lot I had to set up at the outset.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it messes with my Gmail function (not often), occasionally need to refresh to get it to engage, bulk messages and template messaging is an odd workflow (for me); no meaningful sharing among teams, even at the higher price points (which, btw, aren't that high).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially if you're using Inbox by Gmail, this is a just a really smart little tool to add.

While Mixmax doesn't get me out of my Inbox (ugh, I wish), it does make all the time I spend in there more efficient. Lots of apps let you track, snooze, schedule, send later, etc but I don't need to hunt for these in Mixmax, or even think about them. Plenty of features to make it worth an upgrade for professional use, but not bulky, so you actually get to realize the value of the software, vs the "oh that's kind of neat" thought process.

Mixmax review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"MixMax Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send sequences with MixMax. I tried using all sorts of different email outreach tools but there were none as comprehensive as MixMax. I also like that I can setup rules and segment people based on the actions that they take, like opening their emails, clicking on links and add those individuals into different lists.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's still a little glitchy. For example, when I have a sequence that's longer than 10 emails, all of a sudden open rates, click rates and every other metric doesn't show up anymore. It's quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using MixMax. I wasted countless hours trying to find a product that would satisfy my needs.

I am solving my need for being able to do outreach without having to cold call. I hated cold calling and MixMax has allowed me to automate that outreach process and build relationships with people through email and video. I also realized that the segmentation feature is extremely useful and I was looking for a software that does this before I came across MixMax. I probably went through 10 different email outreach tools and none of them really scratched my itch.

Mixmax review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Productivity Increased "

What do you like best?

Sequences and the insights they provide. I can activate a sequence for multiple rounds of follow-up, still customize it, and look at data as time goes on to see where I can optimize my next sequence. This would take hours/days/weeks to do manually, but the MixMax dashboard shows me where I can improve.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot upload a large amount of people from the same company and 1 CSV, to have the platform triage the list out and send at different days/times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign-up for team sharing so you can cross-collaborate, and not have to reinvent the wheel every time you get to outreach. Compare stats to optimize your next rounds of outreach and refine sequences. The "button" feature is my fave - prompts a strong CTA and proved to help drive conversations lower funnel.

Productivity and efficiency. I used to send about 50-100 emails a week, and now I consistently send 250+. The insights have helped me craft different emails to test, and book more decision-maker meetings than ever before.

Mixmax review by Amy Cromwell D.
Amy Cromwell D.

"Efficiency Gained and Reduced Errors"

What do you like best?

I love the ability for email recipients to pick a meeting from my calendar easily and then the result being provided to everyone. I also love the template emails! Both of these features reduce errors and increase my efficiency.

What do you dislike?

There are times the contacts in Gmail and MixMax do not remain in sync and no matter how many times I edit it, the MixMax version will hold to the prior edits. The other thing I notice is when I open Gmail that sometimes I have to reload the page for MixMax to be engaged.

I am a consultant and my own admin assistant. This helps me with efficiency when working with multiple clients and contacts. I start from the sales process with a series of template emails, through travel and agenda emails, on to a mini-project to prepare for coaching, and then finally setting up a full series of coaching sessions.

Mixmax review by User

"Can't live without Mixmax!!"

What do you like best?

I love the templates section, which allows me to use customized email signatures for each of my customers and things I type out all the time. I love the reminders feature, which brings emails back to me so I don't let anything fall through the cracks. I love the Send Later feature because I can work after hours and no one knows (and takes advantage of it). I literally cannot live without Mixmax in my real estate business!

What do you dislike?

I do hear this is a Google problem but I dislike that some of my Send Laters don't actually send, they end up in my drafts box when they try to send and I have to go in and manually send each one again.

I can work in the middle of the night if needed and no one knows I'm preparing emails to go out during normal business hours. The reminder feature brings emails back to me so I don't let anything fall through the cracks.

Mixmax review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Great for reminders"

What do you like best?

I love that Mixmax gives you the option to set reminders about certain emails. I use it to remind myself to follow-up after replying to an email (in case they don't respond). I also like that Mixmax shows you when somebody has opened the message. I also use this to gauge when I should send a follow up email. Mixmax's analytics tool is also useful for figuring out the best type and time to send emails.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to use the tools within an email. It would be nice if there was a way to view your templates and add templates on the same page, rather than having to do it through a link that opens up on another page. I also wish that links didn't automatically turn into previews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a few message templates beforehand and label them well! The "remind me" feature is also great for unclogging your inbox without needing to worry about forgetting about a message you need to respond to.

I manage our influencer community, and a big part of that involves outreach, keeping up, and following up with different people. With Mixmax, I can manage all of our community members and collaborators in a timely and more organized manner. I can set templates for the different types of outreach I need to do on a daily basis. Mass outreach has become way easier with Mixmax.

Mixmax review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great tool that speeds up my day to day work"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is an outstanding tool that has truly impacted what I do on a day to day basis. My favorite part of this tool is the ability to insert the yes/no, multi-choice, etc. questions into emails. This saves so much time going back and forth with clients when a simple answer is all that is needed. Additionally, the ability to do group meeting dates and insert availability into the body of the email is also a key feature.

What do you dislike?

It isn't really a dislike, but it is an improvement that I have been able to communicate to Mixmax. I would love to see them integrate different types of questions into the form fields presented as part of the calendar events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an outstanding tool that increases efficiencies across our team. It provides our client's a great user experience and provides easy-access to our team.

We are able to shorten the amount of back and forth we have with clients with the abilities that Mixmax allows. Additionally, we have the ability to record the client's answers to questions, which satisfies the needs of our legal team before my PM team can act on the client's behalf.

Mixmax review by Mya S.
Mya S.

"Combines Boomerang with Scheduling with Templates with wow"

What do you like best?

I'm stoked that it's very fully featured. Anything that helps me keep within my Gmail instead of switching between apps and windows really helps make my day more streamlined and thus efficient.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike the couple of things that I wish it would additionally do. For me these are, an improvement to the group scheduling where you can set the choices via your calendar directly, like you can with 1:1 scheduling, not by switching to your calendar window and picking times to input as poll questions.

The other thing I wish it would do is project management. I had been playing around with Sort'd as a gmail based project management system, and didn't find it quite went far enough but I feel like MixMax could really nail something like that. So many of our tasks originate and are definitely followed up on via email, it would be huge. The reminders function goes a long way to this, but it could be more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously, it's great.

Having no one to help with my schedule, that is a big one it helps with. And the reminder function is something I have relied on for years with Boomerang, so it's great to get that along with other great features at less than half the price for just Boomerang.

Mixmax review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Easy to stand up, deep functionality "

What do you like best?

It's just easy to get stuff done from gmail. There are also a lot of small details and nuances they have paid attention to that other Engagement tools have not. The Rules are also incredibly powerful, and are a dream for a sales ops person and the reps themselves.

What do you dislike?

Still some stuff that needs to be worked out to serve larger teams, but Mixmax is almost there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Rules. It's better than what you can get in Salesloft or Outreach.

Leverage, (www.getleverage.com), is an outsourcing marketplace for high value tasks. We use Mixmax to run structured email sequences for customers, following up with prospects, and scheduling.

Mixmax review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Mixmax makes syncing gmail with Salesforce Easy!"

What do you like best?

Mixmax's calendar sync feature is fantastic and helps bridge the gap between salesforce events and gcal events.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of Mixmax's product segmentation. The most eggregious being that centralized administration features are gated behind their enterprise tier product. An expensive requirement for an SMB. However, Mixmax does allow you to purchase individual product features a-la-carte which helps alleviate this issue. I just wish could select a product that was right for a growing SMB from the start.

Mixmax has allowed us to better sync gmail and gcal with SFDC as well as leverage templates, sequences, and automations to better reach our customers.

Learn more about Mixmax

Mixmax Videos

Learning about Mixmax?

* We monitor all Mixmax reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.