Mixmax Reviews & Product Details

Mixmax Overview

What is Mixmax?

Maximize your brand and make it easy for customers to do business with you! Workflow automation is one of the biggest trends these days. The good news is that automation has increased the amount of prospects businesses can reach exponentially. The bad news is that the customer experience has taken a major nosedive because business interactions no longer feel personal or meaningful. So how does your company get the best of both worlds? By using automation to reach two goals - interact with as many prospects as possible, while giving each a personalized and satisfactory experience, and by using automation to operational excellence (i.e. eliminate human error). Mixmax is full of features that enhance the customer communication experience while minimizing your amount of administrative overhaul: Engaging emails (with polls, survey, link previews and more) Email tracking (so you know exactly who opened your email, and when) One-click meeting scheduling (making it drop dead easy to schedule meetings) Templates (for a consistent, professional feel) Self-service drip/nurture campaigns (that include LinkedIn Sales Navigator touches) Dialer (to call prospects directly from Gmail) Robust workflow to create a single process across popular applications like DocuSign, Slack, Salesforce, Greenhouse, Pipedrive and more As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Our customers see time savings ranging from 1 day per week to 90 hours per week, meetings booked 6X faster with Mixmax, and increases of 18-30% increase in sales demos. Check out our reviews on G2 and sign up for a free 14 day trial or ask for a demo.

Mixmax Details
Discussions
Mixmax Community

Mixmax makes Gmail your 'workflow control center' so you win more deals, engage more customers and streamline recruiting processes.

As a Gmail-based productivity suite, Mixmax is easy to use, easy to implement and provides fast ROI. As per G2, 77% of our users go live in one day and 71% see positive ROI in 6 months. Mixmax is used by any customer facing team - sales, customer success, account management, talent acquisition/recruiting.

Mixmax
2014
San Francisco, CA
@Mixmax

Mixmax Screenshots

Mixmax Reviews

Showing 429 Mixmax reviews
Already have Mixmax?
What do you like best?

I love how useful this is for so many different aspects of email. It's incredibly easy to send automated personalized emails, even in sequences, to contacts, as well as setting up meetings on calendars. One of the best features is tracking email open rates so you're not left wondering if they really didn't see your email. You're able to personalize it and it's really slick to say "book a time with me here" so that you're not emailing back and forth about what time works for one person, and vise versa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about MixMax. It was something I got to help with email templates and sequences when emailing dozens of contacts at a time, but I've only discovered more things I like about it ever since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mixmax makes sending mass quantities of emails in a personalized manner SO easy. Rather than doing everything manually, the automation is very smart so that it comes off as personalized and not clearly automated. Knowing if someone has opened your email is useful for following up and tracking open/click rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the metrics you get from the sequences - they are super easy to set up and with the Gmail integration, it monitors how many emails to send per day to help eliminate getting flagged as spam. I also like how easy it is to use - I basically was able to simply log in and learn my way around pretty intuitively. I also love the data you get - from read rate to click rate to response rate - it is very easy to adjust and improve your communication based on the data received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you happen to set up multiple sequences at the same time, you run the risk of getting your Gmail shut down. The built-in monitoring and slow drip only works for one sequence at a time. I have not yet found a workaround for this, other than to schedule sequences for alternate dates - this gets tricky if you do a multi-stage sequence. Please let me know if you have figured out a workaround on this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simple, easy to use, personalized outreach to many at once. I use it for drip campaigns and lead engagement activities. I love the built-in calendaring feature - I have e had great success getting meetings by adding a calendar link Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Broad Markets Southwest
What do you like best?

Easy to upload contacts from SFDC, quickly create sequences of emails to send Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frustrating reporting -- finding which email and which sequence has the most opens is very difficult. A/B Testing is almost impossible because of this. I should be able to schedule all emails in a sequence for specific dates and times not just 3 weekdays later, but Wednesday at 7 am... And I should be able to change this mid-sequence. I should be able to search across my entire set of sequence and pull up a specific person easily.

Mixmax should weed out all internal emails.

There should be a "hot report" of people that have opened emails 5x.

User interface involves lots of clicking -- not very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it's a solid first step in outbound email sequence building, it's missing some key parts -- that shouldn't be too difficult to add, but I'm not seeing any progress in getting there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to get 100s of emails out each week and it automatically identifies which emails have been sent and opened and feeds this to SFDC seamlessly. I can add people to sequences right in SFDC very easily or build views of contacts and import all into a sequence. I'm able to customize emails as well. Integration with Linked In helps me send out Connection requests or inmails efficiently as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very good tool to organise outbound sales activities. We create sequences for outreach in Mixmax so we plan all of our outreach process here. The sequence can start with scheduled email, if you don't get a reply the task is created to call and so on. Sequence can have many stages until all contacting attempts are made. It is integrated with Salesforce and we made some automations that triggers tasks in Salesforce. For instance, we don't get a reply for 3 days a task to call is created in Salesforce. Thus, all outreach activities can be automated having Salesforce and Mixmax integrated. Also, it is integrated with Gmail, so you can use email templates that you created in Mixmax when replying to your clients' frequently asked questions. The software is data-driven so all metrics like open rate, reply rate are available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had some problem with open rate measuring. Mixmax counted email as opened when I opened a contact in my CRM to which I sent an email. Also, sometimes Mixmax rules are not working. For example, we set a rule that if I change contact status to - not interested, the contact is removed from my sequence, but many times this rule didn't work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are systemising outbound sales process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and Owner
What do you like best?

1 click scheduling, email tracking, templates are some of best features for every type of user, not just for sales teams, recruiters or entrepreneurs.

Of course it's easy to install and has a free trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sightly expensive paid plans. But I am sure when I increase my business and hire team members, I would happily pay for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a freelance web designer, I would point to the following two main benefits of using Mixmax.

1. Mail merge: I am able to send hundreds of personalized emails. And have automated follow-ups.

2. Email tracking: I know exactly who opened my message and when. Even track links and file downloads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Search Engine Optimization Specialist
What do you like best?

The scheduling ability on this platform is amazing, and myself i really like seamlessly Gmail integration, which helps viewing the prospects and also the customers interacting with the email and even the Salesforce integration is great.

Mixmax is also a response management, location tracking tool with Auto dialing and call recording options, contacts and excellent solution for the campaign management.

Quite simple login the mails to SFDC, very good tool on daily communication with customers, team management and the technical support offered is fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As for me i have not seen any issue with this software, since its simple to get used and start providing the great services with the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Powerful system for simple management of leads, email marketing, team management and very simple features with easy access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating of several manual tasks, lead management and for the daily communication within and outside the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The sequences feature works very very well. It is very helpful for the sales team for example when reaching out to potential prospects.

Also this helps with both coaching AND automated followups to emails from which I receive no initial response. Also, the ability to insert a poll directly into the email is a great help to busy customers.

Super easy to log emails to SFDC without slowing down my Gmail account. Additionally, tons of additional features that I wasn't expecting, like a meeting scheduling link, email templates, etc.

Love that I can see when someone has read my email. I can save my specific signature for each email account.

Been using Mixmax for almost a year now. It is very economical given the whole slew of features it has got. My most used feature is the Sequence and the ease of putting out templates for the same. It's smooth and runs like a breeze from uploaing your CSV file to running targeted campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Even customer support is great

There is no mobile app/integration which is very inconvenient. Sometimes the app gets switched off without notice and then you have restart the app.

If the integration becomes disconnected sometimes I don't notice so Ill have to make sure when I clear my cache and cookies that I reinstall. Nothing that big through - Mixmax is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MixMax is extremely useful to me in my sales roles where 90% of communication with my accounts is via email. Being able to see when customers and teammates open an email, click links, and download attachments are priceless. I also love the templates and reminders. But it is a bit creepy when I open an email chain in Gmail - sometimes it logs me viewing the email chain as though the recipient is viewing the email chain. This can lead to some confusion. I wish there were a mobile version as I do send a lot of emails from my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automatically reaching out to potential prospects and measuring the impact of such campaigns

We've realized that it is very helpful to track and iterate on current campaigns

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Mixmax has a lot of great features built right into your gmail inbox. For example, rather than creating a poll in one system and imbedding it into your email, you can quickly setup a poll in your inbox. Another very useful, but almost creepy feature is email tracking. With this feature you can see if and when your email was read. This can be very useful for knowing if and how you need to follow up. A feature my team uses a lot is calendaring. Rather than sending a lot of back and forth emails trying to find a time to meet, this feature scrapes your calendar and automatically sends available times for the recipient to choose from. One of my favorite features is sequences. This automates responses when a particular action is taken, kind of like "set it and forget it".

I also have to give kudos to Mixmax's customer success team. They are always very responsive and resolve my issues quickly. Mixmax also is still rolling out new features like "side chat" which means they are continually adding more value to the platform. The training and follow-up from the CSM team for new features is world class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This software does have a user registration work-around that seems to affect people who are converting from a free workspace to our paid workspace. I have to regularly reach out to our CSM for assistance. I know it's being worked on, but it has been an ongoing nuisance. Also, I think the calendar and polling features can use a bit of a makeover. They're a bit cumbersome looking imo, but not significant enough for us to discontinue using. Overall, these are minor bumps in an overall solid platform that increases productivity across the organization from Facilities, IT, Sales, Ops, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A particular use case came up today where someone asked me for a list of clients to send emails to and I recommended she use Mixmax templates. I also advised her that she will be able to see who opened her email and setup sequences to help streamline her efforts. She was very excited to give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sequences! They do all of the lovely lead nurturing we could ever ask for. It literally does the work of 10+ people without any human error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They have done a ton of bug fixes since the early days, and now everything runs super smoothly! If there were to be one nice-to-have feature: I would wish that their Salesforce integration could update the Lead Status automatically at the end of a given sequence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use one of the CRM's that they have a native integration with. (I believe Salesforce and Pipedrive are amongst the main ones covered) then you literally only have to worry about how good your copy is. For the rest, you can easily decide what customer experience you want people to have, and then you can create it using sequences! Email Templates also save me a massive amount of time every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead nurturing for inbound users. As stated, 1 person can literally set up a smart sequence that will automatically take care of the follow ups and task reminders. This tool has revolutionized our inbound lead nurturing procedure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

What I love best is the ability to use it with Gmail. It connects my availability, lets me see who has read my emails and lets me schedule emails.

Sequences have also been a really great tool for our sales team. It helps us make a real difference with the timing of emails and communications to potential customers.

Customer service is prompt and very helpful. Our account manager is always quick to help and always available.

Templates are a real time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike is there are a few bugs here and there with Gmail. But communication from the MixMax team is always there. If they notice a problem, they email us to let us know about it as it is happening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can connect our sales team quickly and easily to customers who are looking to buy. We can see who is engaging in our sequences and how successful our sales team is with outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. Sequences - It deffo increase my conversion rate and helps automate a lot of my work.

2. Tracking - It tracks various metrics which helps you easily identify highly convertible leads.

3. Scheduling - The one click meeting scheduling feature makes it super easy for clients to schedule a meeting with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It would be great if the tracking function also works on emails sending from the iPhone Gmail app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

MixMax's email tracking is on a different levels than the other tools I've used, in that it actually works. The whole interface is extremely intuitive and offers a ton of features with a very simple interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much to complain about. I still have a lot to explore within the product, but overall I've come to count on it in many aspects of my communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I primarily use MixMax as an email tracking tool when communicating with sales prospects. It makes gauging interest much, much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

This G-mail plugin is an amazing tool for managing e-mail campaigns and adding dynamic insertions into my templates. I am a big fan of the integrations to Salesforce which allow us to keep detailed tracking on our contacts. We can easily grab a contact list from Salesforce and insert it into a sequence in MixMax. Then we can schedule automated follow-ups; so our time is freed up to work on new pitches or setup phone calls with the media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love for them to develop a platform for use with Microsoft Outlook as well! That way we could get more of our employees enjoying the same benefits that we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd definitely recommend setting up a free demo to see if this platform is a good fit for you. It certainly has been for us! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to get rid of two or three tools and replicate the same functionality with MixMax. Plus the interface is intuitive and easy to use. By using the MixMax dashboards we are able to run A-B tests and easily see results side-by-side to make more informed decisions for future campaigns. Our ability to feed this information back into our processes has resulted in a substantial lift in our open rates and responses to our outreach. Several times a year I mine the campaigns we've run for insights to bring back to the wider team. Based on our campaign successes we build out our department best practices guide based on the MixMax tracking results. This has dramatically improved the effectiveness of our media outreach efforts! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With MixMax it is possible for me to track the mails I send to my customers. It is also great that the mail does not look like a newsletter but like a real mail. The mails are simply sent from Gmail. You can track the opening, reply and click on links.

It allows me to see how well my mails are received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately it is not possible to build more complicated loops like e.g. with ActiveCampaign. But then it would be more of an e-mail marketing tool. However, I would like to send customers who click on a link other follow-up mails than those who only have the mail open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With MixMax it is possible for me to write several mails without them looking like a newsletter and not ending up directly in the spam folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mixmax's email widgets make it super easy to schedule appointments and include video conferencing. No more emails back and forth to identify a time and then going in to the calendar to schedule. I set my appoints up using slash commands and no more effort is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my emails get sent to spam when using the widgets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I eliminate hours of back and forth emails trying to schedule calls. I have sequences that help me automate followup so that I am having to rely on memory. I provide better service and a more seamless experience to my customers because of Mixmax Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Intelligence Engineer
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

Mixmax offers a couple of important features. Those are: A. being able to see who has read your email and when. The other one, B is that I can send hundreds of personalized emails a day, remind those who have not answered and so on. This is the tool I've been needing for ten year before I found Mixmax. For me, Mixmax has helped tremendously in getting investments worth tens of thousands of euros. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is quite expensive and I feel limiting a target group to 300 recipients feels very vague and artificially made limit. Please fix this! One target group should be a minimum of at least 1000 to 1500 contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This a must-have tool if your average volume is around 100 emails sent per day or a maximum of 500 emails per day.

But please note that if your volume exceeds significantly the 500 emails per day, then I recommend using some other software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mixmax solves the mass contacting and the auto followups of my important contacts. I've noticed it is more effective to contact persons when knowing if they have read my message or not so I can adjust my approach accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Has all of the features that matter most to an enterprise sales team -- ability to control and track emails, schedule meetings, and also synchs with salesforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sending large files is a pain --- relies on a google drive link, which always has a buggy issue where that link shows up at the top of your email message (rather than at the end) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing and managing correspondence with all of my sales prospects and clients. Also includes ability to send out semi-bulk emails driving clients to webinars etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

International Growth Manager
What do you like best?

AB testing capabilities and data-backed business cases from open/download/scheduling rates. Being able to schedule meetings very effectively. The instant compose chrome extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sequences are automatically triggered by rules engine as soon as leads enter the sequence. Would be nicer to have some control about when to send the sequence, and to add a rule to cap the sequence at a certain number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales managers' organization via sequences. Can control exactly who is prospected and when using sequences, while simultaneously testing the best copy and content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Very easy to use and navigate. UX is smooth, competitors UX is much more clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything that is worse than the email automization company we used prior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since it's easier to navigate, I'm using more tools than I was prior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Custom search specialist
What do you like best?

The mail tracking is awesome tracking real time updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes using mixmax sends the email to spam due to the tracking enabled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Blindly go for mimax for automating your email campaigns. They have a free tier as well for low volume startups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending mail merges, automating follow ups and tracking email opens Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.